Do I Know You?. by starlight
FeatureSummary:

Justin is moving back to Pittsburgh with his son. This one is completely AU and MPreg.


Categories: QAF US, Reader's Choice Award Characters: Ben Bruckner, Blake Wyzecki, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Craig Taylor, Cynthia, Daphne Chanders, Debbie Novotny, Emmett Honeycutt, Jennifer Taylor, Jenny Rebecca Marcus-Peterson, Justin Taylor, Leda, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Molly Taylor, Original Character, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Other Cast Regulars, Sam Auerbach, Ted Schmidt
Tags: Anti-Lindsay, Anti-Michael, MPreg (Yup! Went THERE!)
Genres: Alternate Universe, Angst w/ Happy Ending, Drama, Hurt/Comfort
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Michael/Ben, Other Cast Pairing, Ted/Blake
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 29 Completed: Yes Word count: 61773 Read: 342983 Published: Aug 21, 2016 Updated: Aug 02, 2017
Chapter 21 by starlight

JUSTIN

 

I was on my way to the doctor’s appointment Brian scheduled for me. His was two days ago and they couldn’t fit me in until today. Brian got his results, all negative. I told him mine would be the same anyway. I promised him I would go, he seemed really worried about the appointment. 

 

After both Michael and Lindsay had left town, Natalie and Deb took great pleasure in thanking Michael’s old neighbors for helping to raise forty thousand dollars towards the charity. Monty and Eli actually showed up for the dedication. Granted they stood on opposite sides of the crowd. When they announced the building was being built on Michael’s old property they cheered, but I wondered how many would try to move out of the community. They might talk reform but they didn’t want to live next door to it. 

 

Michael left to go live with a guy he dated before Ben instead of trying to support himself. I was just glad to be on the other side of the country from him. Michael still hasn’t given up on Brian, he sends him three to four emails a day. Most contain his exciting life as a doctor’s wife, one is usually him bitching about Brian not replying. Emmett and I stopped reading after the first set. We thought it would be exciting, instead it was boring as hell. 

 

Lindsay calls on Saturdays and speaks to Gus. She keeps all the conversation on what Gus is doing. She’s been good so far. Brian allowed the phone calls as long as she didn’t upset Gus. Gus was like all little boys, he would rather play than talk to his mom.

 

Deb and Emmett moved into Deb’s house together. Emmett hates living alone, so Deb moved him in with her. After seeing their decorating choices, Brian told everyone involved in the design of the halfway house Emmett and Deb were not to decorate anything. 

 

I finally get called into the doctor’s exam room. The nurse gave me a gown and a cup for urine. I sat in the room and read the posters on the wall until the doctor finally arrived. I told him I was just supposed to get tested because Brian recommended it. He read through my chart and wanted to know about the pregnancy. I thought it was kind of stupid that he wanted to know. I’m here for a STD test. 

 

“It was eight years ago. I had a c-section, Jackson was healthy.” I tell him.

 

“Any complications at all?” He asks me.

 

“No. Well, I didn’t list all my allergies and had a reaction to a medication the doctor gave me.” I tell him.

 

“Let’s hope this pregnancy will be like your last one then.” He tells me.

 

“Yeah, sure... wait, WHAT?” I ask him.

 

“Mr Kinney was worried about STD’s when he was here. He explained that you had unprotected sex one night. You both were lucky that nothing came up in his test, remember that. He didn’t tell me you could get pregnant though, I just got the urine results and it tested positive for pregnancy.” He tells me.

 

The doctor filled out prescriptions for vitamins and I was told to schedule an appointment for next month. I got up and walked out of the building. I had to go kill the father of my children. 

 

BRIAN

 

When the doctor called and told me all my test results were clear, I breathed a sigh of relief. I couldn’t believe I forgot a fucking condom. I told the doctor Justin would most likely be fine, but to test him for everything. I couldn't believe I forgot.

 

Ted came in with financials and we were going over them. Cynthia buzzed me that a very pissed off Justin was heading my way. I was going to tell Ted to go, but Justin burst in before I got the chance. I need to tell him I was irresponsible and didn’t mean to risk his health.

 

“YOU ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED TO PUT YOUR DICK ANYWHERE NEAR MY ASS EVER AGAIN. I FUCK ONE GUY TWICE IN EIGHT YEARS AND YOUR SUPER SPERM KNOCKS ME UP BOTH TIMES. WHAT THE HELL MAKES ME SO SPECIAL? I MEAN, YOU'VE FUCKED HALF OF PITTSBURGH AND NOT A STRAY KID IN THE BUNCH. YOU FUCK ME AGAIN AND WE'RE TWO FOR TWO.” Justin yells. 

 

“Justin, I forgot to protect you the second night, when we were in the shower. I was worried about STD’s. I should have mentioned it sooner but I didn’t want to worry you... Wait could you repeat the last thing you said?” I ask him. I was so busy thinking of ways to apologize that it just registered what he said.

 

“Which part did you miss?” Justin glares.

 

“The part about being two for two.” I tell him. 

 

“You mean the part where you... knocked... my... ass... up. AGAIN.” Justin tells me. I nod. I know better than to smile at him.

 

Justin stands there waiting for me to say something. I walk over to him and hold his face in my hands. Looking into his eyes as I ask him, “Can we be happy about this?”

 

“Are you sure we're ready to be parents again?” Justin looks so unsure.

 

“You weren’t ready the first time, but you raised my son to be the perfect person he is. We get the chance to do this together this time. I won't lie and say I was thinking about having another child, but I can tell you I’m thrilled that if I get to have another one, that you're the father.” I tell him.

 

Justin starts to tear up and I hold him until he calms down. Ted walks over to us and hands me a tissue. 

 

“Congratulations guys.” Ted tells us and walks out of the office.

 

“Brian, we have to tell the boys, before anyone else.” Justin tells me. 

 

“Let’s take them out to dinner, not the diner. You want to eat anything special tonight?” I ask him.

 

“I really want Deb’s lasagna.” He tells me. 

 

“I’ll call her, but you know if we go over there everyone is going to know.” I tell him.

 

“Did you want to keep it a secret?” Justin asks me.

 

“I want to shout from the roof of Babylon that my super sperm struck again.” I smirk. 

 

Justin and I sit on my couch, I just want to stay here for a while. I think we need to start consolidating our lives. I want to make sure that Gus, Jackson, and number three are my only heirs. My sister and mother are fucked up enough to try and seize my assets. I don’t want Justin to have to fight them. 

 

“Justin, we need to talk about combining our finances. I don’t want any doubt that everything goes to you and the kids if something happens.” I tell him.

 

“I already took care of that when Jackson was born. When we moved back I wanted to make sure Craig couldn’t get custody of Jackson. I left everything to my mom and Molly. I didn’t know you at the time or it would have been you, now I need to make it so. I also need to get you put on the birth certificate. I left it blank because the idea of telling the nurses that it was this guy Brian, but I didn’t even know his last name didn’t sound any better. I also need to add Gus to my will.” Justin tells me.

 

I smile at him, because to Justin, Gus is his kid. I tell Cynthia to call my lawyer and tell him we need to meet with Justin’s lawyer. After settling that, I tell him to get the boys and meet me here.

Justin leaves a lot happier than when he came in.

 

I called Deb and asked if she could make dinner tonight. Deb was thrilled about having a family dinner, we had stopped doing them for the last few years. I tell her to expect the gang and Justin’s family. I think it’s time I meet Molly. Anne told me Molly had been Justin’s champion. 

 

I call Ted and ask him to come to my office, I need to make sure he doesn’t accidently let Emmett know he heard it first. 

 

“Theodore.” I say, before Ted interrupts me.

 

“I don’t know anything. I didn’t hear that you managed to shoot your super knock-up sperm into our poor little Sunshine.” Ted tells me. I look at Ted and change my mind.

 

“Ted, you get the honor of being able to tell the gang tonight at dinner. Emmett won the last bet. I think it’s time you get bragging rights.” I tell him.

 

“You think I’m going to be the one stupid enough to tell Emmett that I knew before him? No thank you. I value my ears, Emmett can keep the title. I’ll just be smug that I really knew first.” He tells me.

 

“Then you don’t get to tell everyone the story of Justin charging in here screaming.” I tell him.

 

“You suck, you just want an excuse for why I know before Emmett. You realize Natalie and Daphne are going to squash me like a bug for knowing before them. This isn’t an honor, it’s a nightmare.” Ted tells me. I notice as he walks out the door though, that he’s smiling.

 

Justin returns with the boys, and we want to tell them before we go. I want to be able to answer any questions they have. Justin tells the boys we need to talk to them. 

 

“Papa and I wanted to tell you two something before we see anybody else.” Justin tells them.

 

“Are you getting married?” Jackson asks us.

 

“No, but it’s along those lines.” I tell him.

 

“Justin and I just found out that we are going to have a baby.” I tell them.

 

Jackson is thrilled and jumps up to hug Justin and then me. Gus sits there and looks down at the floor. I ask Jackson if he want’s to go tell Cynthia. I need to know why Gus looks so upset. Jackson runs out of the room screaming for Cynthia. Justin and I sit on either side of Gus.

 

“You want to tell me what’s wrong sonny boy?” I ask him. He shakes his head no.

 

“Gus, we can’t help if you don’t tell us what’s wrong.” Justin tells him.

 

“Where am I going to go?” He asks us.

 

“I don’t understand what you're asking sonny boy.” I tell him. 

 

“You know, like when Mama had Jenny Rebecca, me and Mom moved out. I had to live with Mom and Sam because Jenny was born. When Justin has the baby, do I have to go back to Mom?” He asks me.

 

“Gus you live with us. Another baby doesn’t mean you leave, it’s just what happened because your mom left Mel. It had nothing to do with Jenny being born.” I tell him.

 

“I get to stay with you?” Gus looks at me.

 

“Gus, you will always get to stay with me. Justin wants you to stay too. We need you and Jackson to help with the new baby.” I tell him.

 

“Justin, can I ask you something?” Gus asks him.

 

“You can ask me anything.” Justin tells him.

 

“Are you like Mama, you know, one of my parents?” Gus asks. Justin looks at me.

 

“Justin is who ever you want him to be.” I tell Gus.

 

“Can I call him Dad or something?” Gus asks.

 

“That is up to you. I don’t mind being Justin, but if you want to honor me by calling me Dad, I’d be very happy.” Justin smiles at Gus.

 

“Dad would get confusing though. I could call you Papa like Jackson.” Gus tells me. 

 

“That sound like a plan.” I tell him.

 

Gus runs out of the room to get Jackson. I never knew Gus associated Jenny with the loss of Mel. Mel is still in Gus’s life, but not the way she used to be. Mel spends any time she can with Gus, but they haven’t lived in the same house since Lindsay left her for Sam. I need to talk to her about arranging our schedules to include all the kids. 

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=360