FILLED SILENCE by Nichelle Wellesly
Summary:

Filled Silence Banner2.jpg

A Week after their very public separation, Brian and Justin have a long overdue conversation...without a single syllable uttered toward each other.

Set in Season 3 Episode 1


Categories: QAF US, Plot Bunnies Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor
Tags: 1k Words or Less
Genres: Alternate Canon, Angst w/ Happy Ending
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: Wordless Wednesday, JUST THE TWO OF US
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 430 Read: 5116 Published: Aug 31, 2016 Updated: Aug 31, 2016
Story Notes:

All recognizable characters, places, and situations belong to their respective owners but the original plot belong to me. No copyright infringement is intended! 

A very special THANK YOU goes out to the LLLC, specifically Nancy (charming1) for putting forth this challenge and Shari for the AMAZING banner!! Love Y'all! 

1. Chapter 1 by Nichelle Wellesly

Chapter 1 by Nichelle Wellesly

Justin walked into the diner, expecting to see him but still not prepared for the reality. It had been a week since he and Brian had spoken, a week since they had looked across a crowded dance floor; a week since Justin had made his choice of resignation - of defeat. The irony was that he knew what Brian had done and why but knowing hadn't stopped the pain. Instead it intensified. Brian had let him go so that he could find happiness, never realizing that Justin's happiness was always with him.

For Brian's part, he could feel everyone's eyes on him as he looked at the man who would always be his. He could feel the weight of the accusations leveled at him while in Justin's eyes all he saw was sadness and... was that forgiveness? The relief he felt staring into those blue eyes, the silence around them deafening except for Michael's all-too-intrusive questions or innuendos and unhelpful suggestions, was all too palpable between him and Justin - the only two in the whole wide world of homos who understood just what Brian had done.

No anger. No guilt. No shame. Only hurt, longing and at base of it all, love. Both felt it in equal measure, alive and still pulsing through every fiber of their being but only one had sacrificed his own happiness for the well-being of the other. But the only two occupants of the bustling eatery who knew that were staring across the crowded room, conversation in full swing finally saying the things that needed to be said.

 

I love you.

I love you enough to let you go.

Thank you.

I hate that I love you.

I'll be back.

Go be happy.

It was never your choice.

You couldn't make the decision for yourself.

Stop pushing me off the fucking cliffs.

Stop trying to climb them.

Can't we just...

No. It's better this way. But if he fucks up...

No locks on the doors.

I love you Brian.

I love you too Justin. More than you will ever know.

I'll be back.

I know.

 

Debbie, misinterpreting the staring contest, asked Justin if he was going to get to work or stand there all day. He nodded his head but it wasn't in deference to Debbie's question but an understanding, an invitation and a future welcome that no one else knew of. Justin knew in that moment some things were meant to happen but other things were meant to be. He and Brian were always going to be the latter.     

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=388