Do You Hear What I Hear? by 4depthoflove
Summary:

You'd think it was a Christmas fic wouldn't you? If that's what you're looking for - best to just move on - ‘cause there is no Santa here...

...instead, what we really have is a series of snippets in which our favorite QAF characters happen to overhear the boys in the throes of passion - and can hardly believe their ears...

Some canon - some definitely not - some that could be - with timelines that work  for this story - all showing a ‘depth of love' that is only Brian/Justin - and for me, will always be!


Categories: QAF US Characters: None
Tags: Out of Character
Genres: Canon, Could be Canon, Romance
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 10729 Read: 9975 Published: May 05, 2016 Updated: May 05, 2016
Story Notes:

You know the drill - I don't own the boys...they own me. Neither of us sees a penny of monetary profit from the other, and no copyright infringement is intended. 

 

1. 1 - It's All In A Days Work...Change Happens by 4depthoflove

2. 2 - What Your Parents Wish They Didn't Know...And May Never Forget by 4depthoflove

3. 3 - Things We Never Learned In School...And The World's Most Unlikely Teacher by 4depthoflove

4. 4 - The Witch And The Whiner...It's All On How You Look At It by 4depthoflove

5. 5 - Southern Belle Or Country Club...The Princess And The Queen by 4depthoflove

6. 6 - All We Could Imagine...More Than We Knew We Wanted by 4depthoflove

1 - It's All In A Days Work...Change Happens by 4depthoflove
Author's Notes:

Just another day at the office...or is it? Ted and Cynthia ponder what they have heard and what it means for how they now see the possibilities in their own lives.

 

 

Ted pulled the door closed as quietly as he could. If he had to be honest, he truly wanted little more than to be able to stay and continue to watch the scene that he had just witnessed between his boss and Justin, but he had too much respect for either of them to allow himself the pleasure.

He owed Brian so much, and would do nothing to jeopardize the real friendship that they had built based on mutual trust and sincere affection, though he had no doubt that the brunette would refute that claim should he every share it with another human being.

As for the blonde, well it was possible that he admired him even more. Justin understood Brian in a way that he was certain no one else ever would, and he accepted him exactly the way he was. Ted was quite sure he would not be able to do it, and didn't know anyone else who would be so willing to take the adman's lifestyle and behavior choices with a grain of salt like Justin does, fully trusting the love they share and the odd reality of their unconventional relationship.

Justin was at times patient and perseverant, and at other times short sighted and selfish, but through it all the honest truth was that Brian was a different man with Justin in his life. It gave him hope  to realize that if Brian Kinney, with his heart of stone and walls firmly built around it, could open himself up and let down his defenses...then maybe he could learn to do it, too, and he and Blake might have a chance at happiness after all.

He had no doubt that there would be so much more to follow what he had seen as he and Cynthia opened the door to check in with Brian for final instructions before going on to the meeting they had scheduled with a potential client that morning. Add to that the fact that no gay man in Pittsburgh could deny that just seeing the passion between the two men in question was guaranteed to cause all the blood in their body to travel southward, and quickly, and...well...Ted had to turn to the side in order to avoid further embarrassment should the tightening in his pants become obvious to Brian's long-time assistant. As he did, he thought back to what he had just seen and heard...

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

Justin purred into Brian's neck, and then pulled back slightly to stare into the hazel eyes of the man he loved. He felt Brian's hand at the back of his neck, and gave no resistance as the older man gently pulled him closer and laid his lips over his own, so softly he barely felt it. His heartbeat pounded in his chest, however, as the kiss continued and he opened his eyes once again and saw the love written on his lover's face.

He could scarcely believe that this was happening,  and that it had been all Brian's doing. A beautiful yellow tablecloth laid on the floor underneath them, a bottle of wine and two glasses he recognized from home to one side, and a picnic basket with cheese and fruit, and a box with a few of his favorite pastries from the bakery down the street on the other. In the center stood a vase with a single flower nestled within it, one that he had handed to Justin as he entered the office in response to his call to meet him there.

"Brian, I can't believe you did all this," he whispered as their foreheads touched and they stayed like that for several moments, neither willing to break the contact that was so intimate and so arousing. He knew that not too long ago, anything he said would have caused a major change in the other man, but then again, a few months ago, this would never have happened to begin with. Emboldened by this revelation, he sighed, "it's so incredibly romantic."

"I know I've been busy with all the new campaigns, Sunshine, and I didn't want to take a chance on losing you again by taking you for granted." Brian said almost shyly, as he brought his eyes up to meet those of this man who had changed his life in so many ways. "I just wanted to make sure you know that I love you Justin, you mean everything to me, and I will always love you." He let his eyes drop to the floor, so uncomfortable and yet still not able to separate himself from the love of his life, the one he now knew he needed as much as he needed air to breath.

As he began to pull Justin back in for another kiss in an attempt to gain back control of his emotions with something he knew well, not to mention the one thing that has always been easy between them, he thought he heard a sound at the door. Seeing nothing out of the corner of his eye when he looked that way, though, he brought his lips back to his lover's in a tender kiss that quickly deepened as the two men gave in to the feelings coursing through them, and the love they share.

 


BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 


In the time she had worked for Brian, Cynthia had seen more than most assistants could ever claim to have even imagined being privy to. She had earned her unusual status within the company, and the triple digit salary that went along with it, by making sure that no matter what, he knew she could be trusted and would never do anything to compromise his integrity. They loved each other in a most unique way, and she would never do or say anything to jeopardize that.

As a result, it was not the fact that it seemed like Brian and Justin were well on their way to one of the marathon fuck sessions that kept him behind closed doors for so long, and on so many occasions, that surprised her. It wasn't even really the romantic setting she found them in that shocked her the most, although that in and of itself was a first for Brian Kinney as far as she knew. 

 No, it was what she heard him say just before Ted realized what they had walked in on and just as quickly closed the door..."I just wanted to make sure you know that I love you Justin, you mean everything to me, and I will always love you." She heard it with her own ears. Brian Kinney, the same man who had told her on at least a thousand occasions that he didn't believe in love, and that he had no interest in that hetero nonsense that the rest of the world pretended to feel so they could get laid...her boss and friend Brian Kinney had just professed his love to the young blonde she knew he had broken all of his rules for. And she knew at that moment that if that particular mountain could be moved, that miracles still happen, and she could look to her future with hope and anticipation, because absolutely anything is possible.

 

 

End Notes:

TBC

Who will be the next to encounter the boys and get an earful of something very different to what they could have expected - giving them a change in perspective about life and love...Brian and Justin style?

 

As always - I love to hear from you, and respond to every review - kind or 'ahem'...not so kind.

Hope you enjoy...

 

 

2 - What Your Parents Wish They Didn't Know...And May Never Forget by 4depthoflove
Author's Notes:

Deb is Brian's mom - in every way that counts, and Jen has quickly become one of the family. So...a nice meal with the 'rents might look a little different from what most have come to know...but these folks wouldn't have it any other way. Listen in as this already loving family learns even more about the love they have all come to value, and see what impact it might have for their own relationships.   

 

 

 

A few nights later the boys were having dinner at Jen's. Deb and Carl had also been invited, a new kind of family dinner, with Jen's new (and much younger) beau, completing one parental unit, while the only mother Brian had ever known love from, and the man who loved her and whom Brian had come to respect and turn to in times of trouble making up the other. 

The boys had gotten very little sleep the night before, as it was their Friday night to have Gus over-night, and he had been up sick most of the night. He had fallen asleep finally in the wee hours of the morning once his fever broke, and the boys didn't have the heart to wake him in the morning. As a result, they had called the moms and told them they would bring him home on their way to Jen's house, so they had both been up all day as well.

So, while Jen fixed supper, Debbie kept her company in the kitchen, and Carl made himself comfortable on the recliner in the living room and sat down to enjoy a game on TV. Meanwhile, the boys took advantage of the few hours until dinner would be done and went up to the guest room to take a nap.

"Jennifer, can you tell me how to get to the bathroom?" Carl called out a short while later from the other room. "It's at the top of the steps, and the third door down the hall to the left" Jen called back in to him, turning back to stir the gravy for the mashed potatoes and pot roast she had been cooking.

As she finished the gravy and turned it down to low to keep it warm, she noticed that Carl had not yet returned from the BR. "Can you keep an eye on the gravy and the potatoes for a sec, Deb? I think Carl might have taken a wrong turn, I'll go and show him where the bathroom is."

Jen found Carl standing outside the guest room, and immediately recognized that unique combination of discomfort and fascination on his face that she had felt so many times herself.

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

Justin moaned loudly as his orgasm overtook him, and tried to keep his voice down as he screamed Brian's name and felt his lover join him as he shouted out his own release.

As Brian rolled off of him and took hold of the condom to dispose of it, he looked down and noticed Justin quietly weeping. Quickly responding with concern, Brian asked him what had brought on the waterworks.

"I don't know, Brian. Things are so wonderful, and I love you so much that it hurts sometimes. What will I do if you someday decide that I'm not enough for you? Promise me you will always tell me the truth.  I can't conceive of life without you.  I don't know how I could live after knowing how amazing we are together...but if you ever stop living me...no - let me say this - if you ever find that I am not what you want...don't pretend Brian - don't do what my dad did to me and let me go on believing that you love me...for me...the way I am...'cause I couldn't take it when I found out...I wouldn't survive that, Brian."

"Hey, come here," Brian exhaled with a smile at the corner of his lips, not realizing until that moment he had been holding his breath. "I don't know where this is coming from. Maybe it's being here in your mom's house, that,"  he chuckled, " and sleep deprivation setting in, but let me assure you, Sunshine, I have no intention of ever letting you go. It took me forever to realize that I can't live without you, and I can't imagine ever not loving you. I could never go back to living my life without you. Don't you know that by now" He held his young lover as he continued to sob quietly, before he gave in to his exhaustion and fell asleep with Brian's arms tightly wrapped around him.

 


BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 


Jennifer looked at Carl with a strange expression on her face. Along with feeling kind of guilty for eavesdropping on such an intimate conversation, she was clearly more than a little uncomfortable hearing her son and his male lover as they culminated their lovemaking.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to it." Carl cut into her thoughts, echoing some of what was going on in her own head.  "And I sure as hell don't understand it any more than I ever did. Still, I think that the more time I spend with those two, the more sure I am that somehow they have found something that most of us have only ever dreamed of. I think I am one of the lucky ones, too. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go remind my wife how very much I love her. "

Jen smiled as he walked away, tears pooling in her eyes. She knew that Craig had hurt Justin with his reaction to finding out that his only son was gay, and involved in a relationship with another man, even though Brian would have sworn that was not the case long after their altercation. And she never had any misconceptions that Craig's actions and hurtful comments would not have any effect on Justin long after they had parted ways. Still, she had no idea how deep the wounds ran.

What struck her the most, though, was Brian's reaction to her son's request. Brian had just as much reason to hate Craig, even more so after all her ex-husband had done. Yet he didn't even give that part of Justin's plea a second of his time, needing only to reassure her son that he was loved unconditionally, that he would be for a very long time, and that he was more important than anything else.

If only her ex had given her even a fraction of the time and attention that Brian was now willing to give her son. She had known for some time how wrong she was about Brian, and how very much he cared about Justin, but she now found herself seeing him and their relationship in a brand new light. Surely they truly were soul mates. She was grateful that her misguided efforts had not kept these two apart when they were so obviously meant to be together.  She made up her mind to tell them both that, and ask for their forgiveness, before this very night was over.

As she walked back into the kitchen, she saw that Tucker had arrived while she was upstairs, and she quickly walked over to give him a hug and a kiss in welcome. She would do her best to never take him for granted, but instead always let him know how very much she valued their relationship.

She saw Deb wink at her with a knowing smile. Somehow the flamboyant red-head had known from the very beginning that Brian and Justin had this chance at happiness, and had done everything in her power to smooth the way for them. She wondered for the first time if Deb's intuition that the boys would one day marry and raise a family could also possibly come true. For the first time, she allowed herself to hope it would.

 

 

End Notes:

TBC

 

 

 

hmmm - who will be next - and what will it mean for the gang  and how they look at life?

 

 

 

 

3 - Things We Never Learned In School...And The World's Most Unlikely Teacher by 4depthoflove
Author's Notes:

Brian affectionately calls Ben...'the professor', but in this scene   - who is teaching whom?  Ben and Hunter stumble across the boys, and while one finds enlightenment  that what he knew...and what he now knows...about Brian Kinney are vastly different, the other gets a glimpse of something he never knew was possible, and can only hope to find for himself someday.

 

 

It had been a busy week. Brian had only been working half days, spending the remainder of his time with the contractors who were working on the renovations they had decided on for the loft that would allow Gus to have his own bedroom when he came to stay overnight.  Justin had two commissions he was trying to complete, and was working from borrowed studio space downtown since the studio space they had built for him on the floor below the loft was currently being used to house tools and blueprints, as well as functioning as command central for planning meetings and progress reports.  

The boys had made arrangements to stay with Mikey  and Ben for a few days until things were completed at home.

After a late night at Babylon, the boys slept in a little later than they normally would when staying at someone else's house. This was much easier than one would think given the fact that Michael was already at the comic book store, and Ben was in the habit of reading in the sun room when he awoke in the morning. Hunter was still a teen-ager, and rarely saw any early morning on days he didn't have to get up for school.

As Ben finished the chapter he had been reading, he went upstairs and knocked quietly on Hunter's door to see if his he wanted to get up and make breakfast with him, father-son time that they often shared when Michael was not home.

Hunter threw on his robe and joined Ben in the hallway. Ben threw his arm around his shoulder as they greeted one another and began to make their way to the kitchen for their morning routine.

They both stopped in their tracks as they passed by the guest bedroom and heard the tell-tale sounds of their houseguests making good use of their morning wood.

Ben smiled to himself, fondly remembering his time with Brian at a White Party many years ago. He thought back once again to what an attentive and passionate lover the sexy brunette was. He was almost glad that his husband was not at home at that moment as he could feel himself begin to get hard just reminiscing about their time together. Brian like it fast, he liked it rough, and his stamina was well renowned.  He was known for being able to hold out until whoever he was pounding into the mattress had cum,  then thrusting just a little bit longer, harder and faster still, until he gave in to his own release with a quiet moan of pleasure.

Ben opened his eyes as pulled himself out of his reverie after hearing his son whisper "Oh, shit". His eyes quickly located the teen standing at the door to the guest room, which apparently had not been completely closed, and which the young man had taken the liberty to push open just a bit little more in order to be able to see the show going on inside the room.

As he quickly approached his nearly drooling son, trying desperately to move him away from the door before they were noticed, his mouth fell open as he openly gaped at what he was hearing and seeing.

The Brian that he was watching through unbelieving eyes was nothing like what he remembered.  This was not the Brian ‘fucking' Kinney that had earned the title Stud of Liberty Ave. In fact this was not fucking at all. What Ben was watching, and his son along with him, was Brian and Justin making love. It was slow, it was tender. It was gentle. It was private.  

As he pushed Hunter away from the line of sight, steering him towards the stairway to get him downstairs and to stop both of them from the voyeurism that suddenly felt wrong and disturbingly intrusive, he heard Justin murmur, "just hold me for a little while, Brian."

It was what came next, though, that threatened to undo him. As they neared the landing, they clearly heard the sexy voice sounding very much like Brian Kinney say...

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

"for as long as you need, my love, for as long as you'll have me, which I can only hope is until the end of time."

Brian knew that Justin had been very emotional all week, and he wasn't sure exactly why. He did know that Justin was feeling insecure lately, and no matter what he said to assure him that he had no intention of leaving, nothing seemed to be making it better.

"What's going on in that head of yours, Sunshine? What did I do or say to make you start to doubt me again? Huh? Because I gotta' tell you you're kind of freaking me out. I can't lose you again. It hurts too much. Please talk to me, will you?"

Justin rolled over, and just as suddenly shot up and jumped out of bed. "That's just it, Brian. What the hell is going on?  Picnics on the floor with wine and cheese? Cuddling in bed for hours? ‘Talk to me, Sunshine'?  What the hell, Brian. All of a sudden you want to give me everything I've always wanted?"

Brian stared at Justin, mouth hanging open in surprise, "and...that's a bad thing, riiiiighhhhtt?" He gave Justin his famous tongue in cheek smile, as his eyebrow raised in curiosity. What the hell was going on here. He had to get to the bottom of it before things got really out of control.

"Of course it's not a bad thing, Brian. It's a dream come true...if it's real!" Justin exclaimed. "But none of this is who you are. What happens when you get tired of pretending, and then you start getting pissed off, and then you try to throw me off that cliff you love so well. Huh? What happens then? I can't go through it again, Brian. The pain is unbearable."

"What the hell, Sunshine? Where did that come from? Have I done or said anything to make you think I was pretending? I don't fucking lie to you. I never have. Why would I start now? I mean every single damn thing I say to you!"

"You may believe it now, Brian. And it's not lying if you don't know the truth yet. My father said he loved me, and I think he thought he did. But as soon as he found out who I really am, he also realized that the me he loved was the one he always thought I was. So, what happens when you realize that you've changed, and it scares you, and then you start to hate me, and you push me away too?  Huh? Just what the hell am I supposed to do then?

"What the hell does what he did have to do with me. I'm sorry your shit- ass father hurt you Justin. And I while we're on the subject of pretending, I can't pretend that until I met you I had any fucking idea what love was, what it felt like, what it looks like, what the hell to do with it. I'm learning as I go here, Sunshine. Why you might say?  Because I fucking love you.  Alright? You're worth it to me to get this right. I am not going anywhere, I will never again knowingly throw you off the famous Kinney cliff, and I am exactly where I want to be, right here with my arms wrapped around you." He jumped up to wrap his arms around Justin from behind, kissing him in that place behind his ear that got to him each and every time. He felt Justin tense in his arms.

Suddenly the light went off, and Brian turned Justin around, wrapping him in a bear hug, then pulling back to look directly into his eyes, all the love and compassion he was feeling showing clearly on his face. "Justin, I get that you're scared. Do you think I am not fucking terrified? I spent my whole life convincing  everyone around me that I don't do love, I don't do boyfriends, I don't do relationships. Somewhere along the line I started believing it myself. Then I lost you. I was devastated Justin. All I could think about was getting you back. And now the only thing I don't do...the thing I can't do...is live my life without you. Don't you see? I can't promise I will never fuck up. It's kind of what I do. But I can promise that any time I do , I'll stik around and we will work it out. I will do whatever it takes to make it up to you. I'm in this Justin, heart and soul. You gotta' believe me."

Justin smiled up at this handsome man who was doing everything he could, and more, to convince him to let go of his insecurities. He was so overwhelmed with love that he couldn't even speak, but as Brian began to nibble a little more on his neck on that skin that was so sensitive, and went straight to his cock, he began to ‘tell' Brian what he wanted to hear in that way that they ‘talked' best.

 


BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 


Ben was deep in thought as he finished mixing the whole grain biscuits he loved. "Hey Hunter," he said absentmindedly, "can you grab the organic jam I made last week out of the refrigerator? "

"Here you go...uh...Ben...earth to Ben...? "

"Sorry, I, uh, can't get what we just saw out of my mind. I mean, there is probably not a gay guy in this whole county that has not seen Brian fucking some trick or another,  although lately it's been only Justin in the back room, come to think of it. I don't know, there was just something different up there.  I don't know how I didn't see it, and Michael may not ever be able to even acknowledge it, but those two, I don't know. There is something new here, I think these two really have a chance to make it work, I mean a real relationship.  Yeah, I really think they have found something special. "

Hunter nodded, as he gazed out the window. He thought about all the unknowns in his life.  He wasn't really sure if he was gay or straight, or maybe bi. He was afraid to be with anyone since he found out he is positive. Hell, he wasn't really sure if he would ever feel safe being with anyone at all. Could he ever take the chance of giving it to someone else? Could he open himself up and take the rejection that would probably come when they found out his status?

His thoughts strayed to the scene he had witnessed between Brian and Justin upstairs. If he only got one wish before his last days here on earth, if he could have just one wish, it would be for someone to look at him with that tender loving look that he had seen in Brian's eyes when he was making love to blondie up there. "Yup....they really found something special alright!"

 

 

End Notes:

TBC

 

Hope you are enjoying these little glimpses of our boys love as much as I am. I can't wait to see what you think.

 

As always - I apologize for mistakes  they are all mine!

 

As you can see  I posted the first three chapter here - I think there will only be about three more to go, and I will get them up as soon as I get what's in my head written down.

 

Just wait until you see who's next - it's gonna' be unexpected in so many ways...

 

 

4 - The Witch And The Whiner...It's All On How You Look At It by 4depthoflove
Author's Notes:

I know it sounds cliche, but truly RL has been a real PIA lately, not so much for me, but for so many that I love and care for. I apologize that it has taken so long to continue this story, but I needed to be doing what I could.

I hope you enjoy the next chapter - that shows what could happen when the two people with the strongest feelings regarding our boys...one misplaced desire and hero worship, the other equally misplaced irritation and hard feelings...overhear  a most unexpected moment  with the power of epiphany for each of them? Mel and Michael have been the most vocal about their belief that Brian Kinney will always be the super stud, love ‘em and leave em', self-centered pleasure-only seeker., but they may have to eat those words, and at long last begin to see him  in a whole new light.

 

 

 

 

A little later that night, Brian and Justin were in the kitchen finishing up the dishes when the doorbell rang. Mel was there to drop off JR for her Sunday with her dad.

 

Brian and Justin said their hellos and excused themselves so Mel and the two dads could talk in private about the details of the visit, as well as some visitation plans for the future.

 

About an hour later, JR having long since fallen asleep, Mikey and Mel carried their daughter and her things upstairs to unpack and get her tucked into bed in her bedroom at the end of the hall next to the master bedroom. Mel put her things away in her dresser, as Michael got her into her pajamas and under the covers, where they all shared a bedtime story together.

 

As they opened her door to make their way back downstairs, they couldn't help overhearing Brian and Justin talking in the guest room.

 

Figuring they would wait until the boys either went back downstairs or got settled for the night themselves and so would not notice them go past and realize that they were listening, they waited out of sight, trying unsuccessfully not to listen in on their private conversation.

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

"I ran over to the loft this afternoon to talk with the contractors. They should be done by tomorrow afternoon, and then we can go home and fuck as long as we like, as loud as we like, as often as we like.  I really appreciate the guys letting us stay here, but I can't wait to tie you up and keep us both on edge for hours, then sink my cock into your sweet little ass  hard and fast, and listen to you scream my name as we both cum so hard that we almost pass out. Fuck, I'm hard just thinking about it. I'm tired of having to hold back."

 

Justin smirked at his lover impishly, teasing him by saying, ‘think you can still keep it up that long, old man? I wouldn't want to overtax you." His face lit up with that signature smile, and Brian couldn't resist leaning in for a kiss that began so gently, and then quickly became more passionate and intense.

 

"Oh, never fear, you've never worn me out yet, twat, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Now hand me my mail. I picked it up when I was at home earlier."

 

Justin began handing the mail to Brian, one piece at a time, while placing his own in a pile before him. He froze as he looked at one particular letter, making Brian raise his eyebrow with a questioning look. "What is it, Sunshine?" Brian asked, suddenly concerned.

 

"Oh, just my results from the clinic. I know how careful we always are, but it still makes me nervous every time I open the letter they send. I guess if it was bad news they would have called instead. Still, I hate opening them."

 

"So, hand it over, I'll open it for you," Brian said with a mischievous grin. He tore open the envelope,  and his grin spread until it rivaled Justin's brightest Sunshine smile.

 

"What are you up to, Brian? You look like the cat that swallowed the canary. What does it say?"

 

"It says the same thing that mine said last week. Absolutely, positively, negative...ta da...nothing but good news, Sunshine." His gaze turned into a look of such passion and lust that Justin could feel his face redden as the blush crept up little by little.

 

"Do you know what this means, Justin?" Brian looked at his lover with darkened eyes, almost unable to keep himself from grabbing his young lover and putting his thoughts into action right here in the guest room of his best friend's house.

 

"Don't tease, Brian. It's not funny. You know we can't do that. "

 

"Oh, and why is that, huh? My little envelope came just last week, and with the very same results."

 

"I know, Brian, but that doesn't mean..." Justin couldn't finish. He turned his face away to hide what he was sure was written all over his face. He wanted nothing more than to be enough for Brian, to be the only one he wanted...the only one he needed. There was no point in fooling himself, however. Things between them were better than ever, they were closer than he could ever have hoped for. Beyond that, Brian was willing to open up to him and tell him how he felt, even if it was only when they were alone. Still, he held no illusions that Brian would ever be content to be with just one man.

 

Brian gently cupped his cheek in his hand, and pulled his face around to look into his eyes. "Don't, Brian," Justin sighed. "Please don't make me yearn for things I can never have. It's not fair..."

 

Brian stopped him, running his thumb ever so gently over his lips as he said, "Justin, I would never do that. What I'm trying to tell you, you little shit, is that I haven't been with anyone but you since before the last time we got tested. What's the point? No one can hold a candle to you, Sunshine, and being with anyone else only makes me want you more. In fact, the last few tricks I had left me so horny for you that I couldn't get home quick enough."

 

Justin stilled completely, his mouth hanging open in shocked silence. Could it be possible? Could he allow himself to assume he was hearing what he thought his lover might be saying. "What are you trying to say, Brian? I need to hear the words."

 

Brian lowered his eyes directly at the floor. He had done much soul searching in the time since he and the man who now owned his heart had parted ways, and then found their way back to each other, and he now knew without a doubt that if he continued to hide behind the walls he had built up around his heart for so many years, he would always be in danger of losing him again.

 

Still, all this talking about emotions and feelings that until recently he didn't even acknowledge he was capable of left him exposed and vulnerable in a way he knew he would never be completely comfortable with. He continued to stare at a knot in the hardwood floor as he spoke. "Only you, Justin. I'm ready for it to be only you.  Why would I need anyone else? Everything I never knew I wanted, I have found I you."  He looked up sheepishly, tongue in cheek, as he went on..."and one day soon, when you trust me enough, I want nothing more than for it to truly be just you and me, with nothing to separate us. It will be the first time for both of us, Sunshine. I want to share that with you."

 

 

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

 

 

As they heard Brian say, ‘Only you, Justin',  Michael and Melanie both began to smirk and roll their eyes, looking at each other with mutual amusement and disregard.

 

Why would I need anyone else?'.  The two in the hall simultaneously attempted to squelch the laughter that threatened to disclose their eavesdropping.

 

"Oh, brother." Michael whispered. "He's really pouring it on thick. It's not like he has to make false promises to get the kid in the sack. What the hell is he thinking?"

 

You could have heard a pin drop, however, as the longtime friends heard the rest of what Brian had to say.  Could this be true? Could Brian really have grown up right before their eyes without either of them noticing?

 

They both knew the pain Brian had hidden so often, pain that was often caused by Justin actions, the pain that made him turn even more than usual to his usual tonics of sex, Jim Beam, drugs, and more sex.  They also knew that Brian loved the blonde beyond question. No one else had ever hurt Brian because he had never allowed himself to feel the love he now seemed to be offering so freely. Most important, no one else had ever made him even consider monogamy.

 

One by one, Brian had broken each and every one of his rules, by his own choice. So why was it so hard to believe that he would now break the only one that remained, the one that none of them could have seen coming, the one that was so close to home for Mikey and Ben, and always would be.

 

Mikey wondered to himself how he could have possibly missed his best friend not only become involved in a real relationship with the twink who wouldn't go away, but now could be standing here listening to him offering himself to the blonde heart and soul, not to mention naked dick?

 

Melanie, at the same time, was lost in thought, pondering how long it had been since Brian had changed from the selfish asshole she loved to hate, into a committed, loving grown-up, capable of the tenderness she had just heard from him, pouring his heart out to the man he loves. He was no longer any threat to her and Linds. Whether or not they made it now, it was up to them. They had no one to blame but themselves. How had that happened? Brian ‘Fucking' Kinney is in a relationship, and it is probably stronger than her own.

 

Suddenly, tears began to flow silently down Michael's cheeks. Melanie put her arm around him in comfort, knowing that for Mikey and Ben, they could never have the kind of closeness they had just heard Brian talk about with Justin.

 

"Are you crying because you and Ben will never be able to experience doing it raw, with no barriers between you?" Melanie asked in understanding. "No," Michael responded, "I am crying because I am so happy that after all this time, my best friend has found that he can."

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

TBC

 

Next... Lindsay and Emmett - the divas - the ‘ladies'.  Will what they hear turn everything they thought they knew...upside down?

 

 

 

 

5 - Southern Belle Or Country Club...The Princess And The Queen by 4depthoflove
Author's Notes:

Emmett is flashy and flamboyant as only a fabulous queen can be. Lindsay is the country club princess, all prim and proper, manners and modesty.  How do they react when they overhear the one thing that neither of them, in fact no one on Liberty Avenue, ever thought would come to pass.

 

Don't find toppy Justin/bottom Brian as hot as I do?   You might want to skip this chapter.

 

 

One week later...

 

Emmett and Lindsay had been working all week to make sure that the loft was ready for the boys to move back in this week-end. It had been a lot of work, yet neither of them would have given up a moment of it. They both knew how much their favorite boys had on their plate, and wanted nothing more than to make the transition easier in whatever way they could. Now, as they finished up on the final touches, they felt sure that Brian and Justin would be pleased with what they saw when they arrived.

 

"Hey, Em," Lindsay called from Gus' new room as she put the final brush stroke on the mural she had just completed. It had taken everything she had to convince Justin to allow her to take on this task. He knew what Gus wanted, and he desperately wanted to be the one to give it to the little boy he now thought of as a son, and who called him Papa in return. In the end, though, he couldn't resist her reasoning that it would be her way to remind their precious son how much his mommies loved him while he was away from the home where they lived. It was the least he could do to thank Lindsay and Mel for allowing Gus to spend scheduled time at the loft with him and Brian.

 

"Can you come take a look? I think Justin and Gus will both be pleased with how this came out." She heard Emmett's sharp intake of breath as he entered the room. "Oh, Linds, it's beautiful. " he exclaimed, clapping his hands as he took in every feature of the wall. "I especially love the 3D family tree. The picture ornaments of each of us hanging from the branches add just the perfect touch. "

 

Lindsay smiled with pride as she walked across the room and began emptying the boxes in the corner that held all the little knick-knacks, toys and books to place on the furniture that Brian had hand-picked for his sonny boy.  "All that's left is to make the bed and wait for the paint to dry," she said as her gaze traveled over to the adorable corvette youth bed they had found. "Do you know where the linens are?"

 

Looking around the room and the few boxes they had yet to unpack in the main room, Emmett shook his head. "I wonder if I left them in the one of the bags downstairs. Let's go look through them together so we can finish up here."

 

As they walked into the front room of the studio turned renovation center of the apartment that Justin had transformed into the amazing work area any artist in his right mind would give anything to have at his disposal, Lindsay quickly placed her finger over her lips in the universal signal to keep quiet. She instantly recognized the voices coming from the bedroom the blonde had insisted was needed in the space, not only for the times he lost track of time and needed to rest, but more importantly for the times when his favorite brunette couldn't wait, and needed to get his hands, not to mention every other part of him, on the man who's body he had never been able to resist.

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

 

 

"You've been so patient with me, Brian. And, you are right, my dad made his decision, and nothing I can do will ever change that. I can't let my Dad control my feelings anymore. I can't afford to. Nothing in this world is as important to me as you are, and all my insecurities have been coming between us. I can't let that happen. I love you, you have to know that, and nothing will ever be worth risking losing you."

 

Justin hesitated for a moment, and then continued. "I guess it's finally happened," he smiled.

 

"What's that", Brian almost whispered, wondering once again when the walls around his heart had tumbled down when it came to this particular young man, the one person he could no longer deny he loved with his whole heart and soul. He would never be able to resist that smile.

 

"I've become the best homosexual I could possibly be...and so have you."

 

Tongue in cheek, Brian smiled as he shook his head. "No, Sunshine, I'll never be the man that you see when you look at me. Those rose colored glasses of yours somehow overshadow all my imperfections and your thorough knowledge of the ‘Kinney operating manual' keeps me on my toes. I may never figure out what I did to deserve the love you have opened up my heart to be able to accept, but thanks to you, every day I wake up wanting to become a better man. I can open myself up to you and know that it will not change the way you feel about me. You really have become the very best part of me. "

 

Feeling a little too vulnerable, Brian shyly, yet boldly, continued. "Now, speaking of the best, why don't you come over here and remind me how fucking amazing you are. I've been waiting all day to feel your dick in my ass...I could barely sit still at work just thinking about it, it made me so hard."

 

"Are you sure?" Justin asked him, feeling his cock twitch at his lovers' words. "You don't have to do that to convince me that what we have is strong and secure. I know that now." Justin said as he stared into the hazel eyes so full of lust...and love.

 

"You should know by now that I never do anything I don't really want to do...and right now, Sunshine, what I want more than anything is you inside me."

 

He moaned as he felt Justin prepare him and then move to position himself at his entrance, hissing in exquisite pleasure as the younger man hit his prostate on the first glide. Nothing had ever felt so good!

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

Lindsay bit down painfully on her bottom lip to keep quiet, as Emmett firmly cupped his hand over his mouth to prevent shouting out and letting the hot twosome know that they had been overheard.  Having been distracted with their tasks, neither of them was aware that the boys were even in the building.

 

The nelly queen wasn't sure what had him the most ruffled at the moment, the thought of what it must feel like to slide into the hot ass of the most sought after man in all of gay Pittsburgh, or how it must feel to hear that same man profess his love and open himself up completely to you, in every way that counts. He was having a hard time believing he had actually heard what he thought he had, but the look on Lindsay's face told him that his ears were not deceiving him.

 

Well, I'll be damned,  he thought to himself. Brian ‘Fucking' Kinney - a bottom! A willing bottom.  A ‘please fuck me' bottom. No shit! And then just as quickly realized that what he was actually hearing was an ‘only for Justin' bottom.  Brian Kinney really is in love.

 

He also realized at the same moment, as he stared in shock at the woman at his side, that for the first time, she knew it, too. So many emotions were clearly shown in her eyes. Pain...Brian would never be hers...in reality...never had been. Loss...Brian truly loved Justin...all her dreams...gone in a flash. Fear...Peter had grown up...and now Wendy had to as well. Confusion...everything she thought she knew...pulled right out from under her. Resignation...no turning back...Brian belonged heart and soul...not to her, but to Justin. He trusted their young blonde friend in a way he had never trusted any single person in his life - and never would again.

 

They backed quietly through the door they had just entered, one with a look of pure astonishment on his face, the other face wet with tears. As they returned to the loft without the bed sheets they had both long since forgotten, they were each quite sure that life as they knew it would never look exactly the same.

 

 

End Notes:

Well folks...that's about it - except for maybe an epilogue so that Daphne can be included - after all - she was the first to know that what the boys have is really something special...

 

Thanks to all who took the time to read - and a special thanks to the few who took a moment to respond and let me know what they think.I appreciate your support.

 

 

6 - All We Could Imagine...More Than We Knew We Wanted by 4depthoflove
Author's Notes:

From the very first moment, Daphne had been given the unique opportunity of seeing Brian and Justin fall in love, step by step, misstep by misstep, push and pull. Being Justin’s best friend, and almost as completely enamored with Brian as he was, there was nothing that her childhood chum hadn’t told her. She knew all their secrets, and knew with certainty that after all this time, nothing about her two favorite boys could surprise her.

 

This epilogue may seem a little long…being about half as long as all the previous chapter combined, but since it has been such a very long time coming, I think that maybe that’s okay. Enjoy!

 

 Author’s Note

 

I need to begin this note with a sincere apology to the 6 of you out of thousands of reads who liked this story enough to share your thoughts with me, and to thank you for your encouragement.  Those of you who write know how important reviews and comments are in motivating any writer. As much as I enjoy my own stories (that’s ok…isn’t it – lol), if I am writing solely for my own benefit, then there is no point in putting them out there.

 

So, I stopped posting, and just kept my plot bunnies to myself where there are happy and well fed. And I just couldn’t get this last chapter finished, no matter how I tried.

 

So, why post this epilogue now after all this time? (has it really been more than two years? ***hangs her head in shame) Well – the answer is simple. I recently had a wonderful opportunity to join other writers as we worked together, side by side. I don’t know when I‘ve had so much fun, and through it all I remembered how much I really enjoy the process.

 

Several of my encouragers were among the crew who got together almost every night to bounce around ideas, help fill in mental blocks for words and plot devices, and generally just have a blast. A few have been giving me gentle nudges to get back out there and write again, but I just could not in good conscience continue preparing the story my muse chose to work on while this story is still out there unfinished. So, after years of writing, re-writing, erasing and starting over, I finally came up with an epilogue I could live with, and now that it is written, I really like it. Hope you do, too.

 

 

 

 

Daphne walked into the kitchen of the loft, looking briefly over at Greg as she grabbed a bottled water from the refrigerator. Her heart swelled with pride as she saw the easy way that Greg fit in with Justin and Brian’s friends, who had come to be just as important in her own life. She wished, not for the first time that day, that she had gotten the opportunity to talk to Justin earlier to tell him the exciting news she had to share.

 

Last night at dinner Greg had surprised her with the most romantic proposal she had ever heard of. They had arrived at the restaurant, the same one where they had shared their first date only 8 short months before, and been led to a table in the corner right next to the kitchen.

 

She smiled to herself once again as she remembered how flustered he had seemed as he picked up the menus from the table, handing her one, and then changing his mind and giving her the other one from his hand instead.

 

The reason for the switch, and for his apparent discomfort, was immediately obvious as she opened her menu expecting to see the selection she had to choose from for dinner, only to find a beautifully decorated insert with the words    ‘DAPHNE, WILL YOU MARRY ME?’ written on it in Greg’s own handwriting.

 

Her first reaction was to be so glad that he understood her well enough to know that she would have hated it had he gotten down on one knee right there in public and made a spectacle of what was the most poignant and personal moment of their lives.

 

Her second thought was how grateful she was to Brian and Justin. She was sure that it would surprise any of the folks in the group that had become her second family if they knew that it was this unlikely couple who had shown her how important it was to really get each other, not to settle for anything less than the one man who fulfilled your every need and desire, and what true love really looked like from all sides.

 

She knew what none of these people knew .She had seen first -hand how devoted they were to each other, and how they had each broken down every single barrier the other had built throughout their lives that could have kept them from forming a strong and successful relationship. She giggled to herself as she thought that she was quite sure Brian would bend her over his knee if he ever heard her utter those words when referring to him and his blonde non-partner. Just another thing she knew that these others probably did not, she thought impishly. Thanks to Brian and Justin she had absolutely no doubts as she shyly gazed up into Greg’s eyes with a grin that might have rivaled any Sunshine smile Justin had ever shown to anyone other than his favorite brunette.

 

Her third response had been to cup her hand over her own mouth quickly and firmly, in order to keep herself from ruining the moment by shrieking right out loud her confidant and resounding answer…”YES”!  She couldn’t help grinning like a Cheshire cat as she now remembered the moment.

 

“What’s got you looking and sounding so chipper?”, Greg asked her knowingly, as he came up behind her and placed his arms lovingly around her waist? “Shhhh,” she whispered, quickly brought back to the present by this man she had grown to love so much. “It’s not exactly what you think, although nothing has ever made me happier in my life.” She reached up to give him a tender kiss as she continued, “Justin was so busy getting ready for this party to celebrate the renovation completion here at the loft that I haven’t gotten a chance to tell him yet, and I don’t want him to hear it before I have a chance to tell him face to face.”

 

“Truth be told, he has been understandably distracted today. I don’t know who is more excited to see the final unveiling of Gus’ new room, the little guy, or his Papa.” She tried to hide the lift at the corners of her mouth, knowing that this room meant so much more than just a place for Gus to sleep for the two men who loved him beyond what either of them could have ever expected. This new stage in their lives represented Gus’ moms accepting the men’s place in their son’s life, and Brian’s chance to finally be a dad to his Sonny-Boy in the way he had so long yearned to be.

 

“I’ll tell them tomorrow,” she sighed with a contented grin. “Today belongs to the boys. Let’s go hang out with the gang until they are ready.” She walked over and sat down on the floor between Ben and Hunter, pulling Greg down next to her. “Hey guys, what’s going on?”

 

“When I left a few minutes ago to come find you, they were comparing how long it’s been since each of them last saw Brian and Justin out on the town. I know that they’ve been really busy with the loft facelift, but it seems they haven’t been seen in weeks at the diner, or at Woody’s or even at Babylon,” Greg stated, pleased to be able to add something of value to the conversation.

 

Daphne looked over at Ben, who seemed to be just staring off into space with a strange smile on his face. “What’s with you, professor?” she asked, using Brian’s favorite nickname for man he had also taken to calling ‘Zen Ben’. “You’re even more contemplative than usual.”

 

Ben looked up, still apparently lost in thought. “Oh, I was just thinking of a little something I saw the other day. “ He grinned. “It filled me with a whole new hope for the future.”

 

“Well, whatever it was, it sure has brought a glow to your eyes.” She looked around curiously at the others, who each seemed to be just as unusually thoughtful in their own right.

 

Now that she thought about it, there was something strange in the air in general tonight.  She wondered what was up with that

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

Brian thought back to the emotional ups and downs of the past months. His stomach clenched as he thought of all the times since he had opened himself up to what was right before his eyes that he had been sure this day would never come. Truth be told, he never let himself consider WANTING it to come.

 

He and Justin had hurt each other so much on the journey to get to this place they now found themselves. He had to admit, even if only to himself, that most of that had been his doing. During that time before he had allowed himself to acknowledge how very much he loved him, Brian’s cold, aloof treatment of Justin had confused and tormented the younger man to the point that he stopped being able to trust the internal ‘Kinney operating manual’ he had always relied on.

 

The choices Justin made in response to that pain and turmoil left both men broken and hurting, but Brian truly believed that the blonde would never have made any of the decisions he had made if he had only had the courage to speak up and tell the man how he felt. How could he fault Justin for trying to shield himself from the verbal and emotional abuse he now knew he had inflicted on the undeserving, tenderhearted young man.

 

The fact that Brian had somehow managed to circumvent and overcome the mold his father had laid out before him was entirely a result of Justin’s love and unwavering loyalty, whether they were together or apart. No one in his whole life had ever made him feel so secure, so safe, so valued. Yet time and time again he had pushed him away rather than face his own fears.

 

What a pair – between Brian’s pain management techniques, and Justin’s self-preservation tactics, it was a wonder the two had managed to find a way past all that and come back together, stronger than ever.

 

As he walked down the hall to the room where he knew he would find the only man he would ever love, he pushed his nerves aside, determined that he would never again take Justin for granted, at least not if he could help it.

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

Justin turned as he heard Brian’s footsteps walking down the hall towards the bedroom he had insisted the contractor add back in after the second loft they had purchased had been gutted down to the beams, and transformed into the studio of his dreams.

 

He had been deep in thought all day, and couldn’t shake the feeling that his recent insecurities and self-doubt had been having even more of an effect on his gorgeous lover as they had on him.

 

While he was beyond thrilled that they had moved past their previous communication drought, and were now able to open up to each other, trusting they would be neither ignored nor ridiculed, he knew that the anxieties he had been sharing with Brian couldn’t help but fuel the older man’s own uncertainties and fears, not that Brian would ever admit to any such lesbionic thoughts or concerns.

 

He simply had to get past the rejection with which his father had blind-sided him so completely. He had always accepted the words of those around him at face value, and hated that he now found himself uncharacteristically unable to do so.

 

More than anything else, he wanted…no, he NEEDED to find a way to re-open that place inside of himself that knew Brian inside out and could ALWAYS sift through what he said and be absolutely sure of what he actually meant. He loved Brian with everything he had, and he knew Brian would not understand his apprehension concerning all that Brian had been offering him so willingly.

 

That was exactly the point though, wasn’t it? The romantic gestures, the declarations of love, the tenderness and the way he had been baring his soul and talking about the future – their future…was it all just too good to be true? Everything he had ever wanted, and oh how he ached for it to all be real.

 

Could it be possible for Brian to now really want the same things he did? Even if it were true, would the brunette ever be ready to acknowledge their relationship and bring it out into the light of day? Was it selfish to even wish for that after all Brian had given him over the past few months?

 

“Hey, Sunshine,” Brian voice pierced the solitude as he came up and wrapped his arms around his shoulders from behind. “Can you take a break for a minute? There’s something I really need to talk to you about.”

 

“S-S-Sure, Brian. What’s up?” Justin responded, immediately on guard, then, “Are you okay?” as he turned around and saw the deep lines of concentration on Brian’s face. His eyebrow rose in query as he noticed the man’s lips draw inward in that way he had when he was alternately nervous or quite pleased with himself.

 

“Come over here…please?” Brian answered, with more of a question than a statement – and did he really just say please? Justin’s gut began to churn as he followed Brian over to the edge of the bed, and sat down as Brian did, since the other man seemed unwilling to let go of his hold on him, which only served to accelerate his uneasiness.

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

Daphne walked through the large open access area of Justin’s new studio space, not sure if she wanted to shout ahead to alert the men if they were busy, or remain quiet so as not to interrupt them. Heaven knew she has seen more than her share of really hot boy on boy sex through the years, it would really take a lot to shake her up at this point.

 

She wouldn’t disturb them at all except for the fact that their guests were beginning to get a little antsy, with everyone wanting to see the big reveal of Gus’ new room, none more than the little man himself.

 

“Justin? Brian? Are you…” she stopped short as she heard Brian’s voice coming from the small sleeping room attached to the studio. Standing just outside the door, she listened to see if she had approached them at an…inopportune time.

 

“Cover over here…please?” she heard Brian say, unable to step away until she was sure the quiver she heard in his voice was nothing to be concerned about.

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

“What is it Brian? You’re scaring me. Did something happen? You’re not sick, are you? Is Gus okay?” Justin’s voice rose even as his words began to be almost indistinguishable, as he spoke more and more quickly.

 

Brian grin, as he reached over and placed a single finger over Justin’s mouth, helped to quell the growing panic the younger man was feeling.

 

“Slow down before you break that beautiful mouth of yours, Sunshine. I have big plans for that mouth later, and I would hate to think that it might be unavailable!” the brunette chuckled, drawing Justin just a little bit closer.

 

As Justin tried to re-start his diatribe, Brian gently tapped his mouth once again, saying, “Listen, Justin. Please let me say this before I lose my nerve, okay?” Brian visibly composed himself so that he could continue.

 

Justin quickly quieted, even as his mind kept reeling with all the thoughts that kept running through his head. What on earth had Brian acting so cautious and hesitant, two words he never thought he would use to describe his always calm, cool and collected lover.

 

“You know how I feel about you, don’t you Justin? I mean…I’ve told you enough haven’t I? Shit…let me start over. That’s not what I wanted to say at all.?

 

By this point Justin’s mouth had fallen open in a strange combination of confusion and disbelief. What the fuck was going on here, he wondered. What on earth could have his always in control lover acting like this?

 

“Justin, what I want to say is that for the first time in my life, I know what it is to let myself want. I never let myself go there before, because, what use was it to want things that could never be.”

 

“Then this amazing, gorgeous, sexy, exasperating, annoying, and utterly adorable man stalked into my life, and showed me things I never thought possible.” Brian continued. “And now here I am, head over heels in love with this twink who wouldn’t take no for an answer.”

 

Brian’s shy smile twisted adorably as he thrust his tongue into his cheek as he tried once again to collect his thoughts and keep himself from bolting out the door to evade the discomfort he felt as he spoke from his heart, which was currently pounding so hard in his chest that he was sure his partner could feel it.

 

“W-w-what is it you want, Brian? You know I’d do anything for you, don’t you? Tell me what you want?

 

“What I want,,, is to love. I want to be loved. I want to feel that fucking quiver I feel every time you walk into the room, that spills over when you light up that room with that smile. I want to know that you will be the first thing I see every morning when I wake, and the last thing I see before I go to sleep. And I want all that and more, every day of my life, for as long as you’ll have me.”

 

‘What are you trying to say, Brian?” Justin barely managed to respond. “You know I’m yours, Brian. What more can I say to let you know how much I love you?”

 

Brian suddenly slipped off the side of the bed onto the floor in front of Justin, landing on his knees, and quickly grasping both of Justin’s hands in his. “Marry me, Justin. Trust me as much as I have learned to trust you…with my heart.” He almost whispered as he awkwardly reached into his pocket to pull out a box containing the simple platinum rings he had purchased only this afternoon.

 

He desperately wanted to avert his gaze, to hide the depth of overwhelming feeling he could barely contain at that moment, but he knew that he needed to give Justin all of himself, come what may.

 

As his eyes locked with the man on his knees before him, Justin was struck with wonder as he saw all that Brian was trying to tell him, and suddenly he knew, without any hesitation, that everything his lover had spoken was true.

 

“Yes, Brian,” Justin choked out. “I fucking love you so much. Yes. Yes, I’ll marry you.”

 

 

 

BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ<3BJ

 

 

 

“Yes. Yes. You’re getting married! Oh, My God. That is so totally cool!” Daphne shouted, giving her presence away in the most outrageously obviously way.

 

“Daph, what the fuck are you doing here. I mean, here in the studio,” Justin smirked as she gave him that ‘duh, you so invited me’ look. Brian meanwhile stood tense and rigid, wondering just how much Justin’s little fag hag had overheard.

 

“I so get to be your best…person. Right? “ Daphne squeed, totally ignoring Brian’s obvious discomfort.

 

“As long as you don’t intend to join us for the honeymoon,” Justin attempted to use humor, instantly recognizing how vulnerable Brian would feel not knowing how much his best friend had heard. Secretly he was overjoyed that Daphne had been there for the most amazing experience of his entire life. He never wanted to forget a single second of it, and he knew that his girl would never let him lose sight of one single moment.

 

Chuckling to himself, Brian acknowledged that he actually didn’t hate the fact that his favorite female had overheard him bare his soul, even though he was feeling more than a little raw and exposed. Not only had Daphne supported them from the very beginning through every stage of their journey, but knowing she had been there made it that much easier to do what he knew came next, facing the rest of the gang with the news of their engagement.

 

“I’m sure you can count on Sunshine to give you a blow by blow account when we get home, my sweet little fag hag.”

 

Wrapping an arm around each of them, as both blushed furiously, he smugly stated, “come along my loves, let’s go face the masses, and tell them that we’re getting hitched.”

 

Daphne smiled. She wasn’t sure how the gang would receive the news they were about to hear, but she had a feeling that somehow the winds had changed for all of them, and was struck by the thought that the future was suddenly full of more promise than any of them could have ever imagined…so much more than they thought they could ever want.

 

 

 

The End.

 

 

 

 

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=69