My Reluctant Fiance by starlight
Summary:

A month after Brian and Justin move in to (Killer Mansion) Justin discovers the ring and meets all sorts of new people.


Categories: QAF US Characters: Ben Bruckner, Blake Wyzecki, Brian Kinney, Carl Horvath, Claire Kinney, Craig Taylor, Cynthia, Daphne Chanders, David Cameron, Debbie Novotny, Divina Devore, Drew Boyd, Emmett Honeycutt, Gus Marcus-Peterson, James 'Hunter' Montgomery, Jennifer Taylor, Joan Kinney, Justin Taylor, Lindsay Peterson, Melanie Marcus, Michael Novotny, Molly Taylor, Original Character, Original Female Character, Original Male Character, Other Cast Regulars, Ted Schmidt
Tags: Established Relationship, Out of Character
Genres: Alternate Universe, Humor
Pairings: Brian/Justin, Debbie/Carl, Emmett/Drew, Melanie/Lindsay, Ted/Blake
Challenges: None
Series: How to marry Justin
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 11971 Read: 26706 Published: Feb 10, 2017 Updated: Feb 15, 2017

1. Chapter 1 by starlight

2. Chapter 2 by starlight

3. Chapter 3 SEVEN DAYS AND REALLY I'M STARTING TO WONDER by starlight

4. Chapter 4 NINETEEN DAYS AND COUNTING, YUCK WE’LL PRETEND TWENTY by starlight

5. Chapter 5 by starlight

6. Chapter 6 Satan needs a cult by starlight

7. Chapter 7 by starlight

Chapter 1 by starlight

JUSTIN

 

How did I get to this? I mean the whole moving thing was just me being an asshole. I didn’t think he'd get the squad, Mom, and super assistant Cynthia to really move me. Okay, so why am I complaining that my boy… friend, it should be easier to say that by now, moved me into a mansion? Because I'm staring at something that kind of fell out of his coat. Which really means that I snooped, because you know, I do that.

 

It started with me seeing him pull something out of his pants pocket, then put it in his coat pocket. So being the curious guy I am I accidentally held the coat he so neatly hung in the closet, upside-down, you know, in case it needed to be shaken out. The thing is I expected maybe some catnip, because Regina seemed to be staring at that coat a lot. Nope, its like a ring, I didn’t touch the note that fluttered to the carpet because I was too busy with the ring. It was really too much, I mean I just got used to saying this whole thing is a relationship, can’t that be good for now? My mom is going to be all over this if I don’t stop him. I stand up, leaving it on the carpet and with the white carpet and black box, it’s like this huge beacon yelling at me. He couldn’t at least pick something I could hate.

 

No, it has to be something that I couldn’t argue with. Looking over at the offending note, I pick it up, hoping it’s just a receipt for maybe a huge chocolate cake, but no, apparently he knew I’d snoop.

 

Justin,

 

Put it on and I promise to ask you this time.

 

Your soon to be fiance

 

Brian (not Taylor) Kinney.

 

I swear all the mystery in our relationship is gone. I pull one out and put it on my pinkie which it doesn’t fit. How did he get my ring size? I think I know but I sent a text to find out if my former HBF sabotaged me.

 

Dear former HBF,

 

I FOUND THE RING AND DECIDED YOU ARE NO LONGER MY BESTIE


When my phone goes off like seconds later, I start to think Daphne needs to find a life.

 

“HE GOT YOU A RING!!!!!!”

 

“Did the former HBF not catch your attention!!!!”

 

“Selfie the ring, and you could never replace me”

 

I reluctantly put it on my finger, okay so I wanted to see how it fit and snapped it, sent it and took it off before I liked it way too much.

 

“OMG, you’re going to get married!!!! The squad and I are happy dancing!!!!!”

 

That was absolutely no help. I put it on because it’s alway pointless to fight the bulldozer that is Brian Kinney. Grabbing Ally because MM has been mourning the loss of, not going to call Ally by that name. Which, he really needs one of his own because this joint custody thing we’ve been doing is just confusing Ally. On my way to see him I call Marco, head of PJ Queen Patrol and see if he can remember where he got Ally.

 

“Marco, did the person who had Ally have more?” I ask because MM might be more willing if it was at least related to Ally.

 

“She couldn’t get rid of them all, so yeah. Meet me at the diner and I’ll go with you. The woman is kind of a bitch but will probably be happy to get rid of one more.” He tells me.

 

I will give Brian this, my new SUV is kickass, Emmett said Drew told Brian where to find it. Something about if I hit a tree, the tree would fall, but whatever. I see Marco and smile at the skunk slippers, I have a following, it’s kind of cool. He hops in and we head to a bunch of row houses and there was a sign saying ‘Free Cats’, guess in a month they couldn’t be called kittens anymore. We get out and this boy looks and runs in yelling to his mom. Really, did he have to call us ‘potential idiots looking for cats’?

 

This woman walks out and she looked at my ring and at Marco and me. It wasn’t a ‘wow, isn’t that nice”, nope, it was more of a, well let's just say my dad looks at me that way most of the time recently.

 

“You here to get one of these little bastards off my hands.” She tells me kicking a box.

 

I run up the stairs because what the hell was she doing keeping them sealed up. I didn’t even look, just took the whole thing and headed for my car.

 

“Hey, our cat’s in there too.” She yells at me.

 

“HEY, you need to learn how to take care of animals.” Marco yells back.

 

“Claire what is all that noise?” An older lady stumbles out to ask.

 

“He’s taking all the cats.” Claire tells her.

 

“Good, because I’m tired of all the kittens your cat keeps having.” She tells Claire.

 

“Mom, I just wanted Peter to have a pet.” Claire tells her, and I look and see two preteens staring at me. Then older one sneers but the younger one runs up to me.

 

“Take care of Cleo for me, she’s the mom, my brother doesn’t like her.” He whispers and runs back to the bitching women.

 

Getting in the car, I let Marco drive so I can see how many are in the box. I almost told Marco to turn the car around because if it could fell a tree, what about a row house. The box stunk and we rolled down the windows, it wasn’t Cleo’s fault, they couldn’t get out. I needed Brian because he could scare the bejeezus out of anyone. We stopped at the loft so we could clean up Cleo and the other two. I ended up having to yell a couple times because Marco acted like he entered the Garden of Eden when we walked in. I called MM and Emmett to come too, we were going to make the bitch pay.

 

MM showed up just as I finished cleaning the two smaller kittens, Cleo just hopped in the shower with me, she’s like the best mom. Okay so MM is still a bit on the whining side, but he promised to work on that if he could still see Ally. Ben got transferred here but apparently he thinks that MM is too childish for him. Weird as it seemed, we were all a little put out, we can insult MM, but not an outsider.

 

“You can have them but they better get good names.” I warn him.

 

“Hey, if they’re mine why do you get to tell me what to name them?” He whines, I just give him my don’t mess with me look. It seems to only work on him.

 

“Justin, what the hell is going on?” Brian comes into the bathroom, but smiles when he see the ring.

 

“I didn’t say yes. And you didn’t ask me anything yet.” I tell him, and MM looks between us trying to figure it out.

 

“Jesus, it’s only been a month since he moved in.” He rolls his eyes at Brian. “And you already know he’s going to win, so give it up.” He tells me.

 

“Well you know how little I’m asked anything.” I point out.

 

“I’ll ask when I’m ready. Now, why are you asking if your car insurance covers collisions with houses?” Brian tells me.

 

Wait, he’s not going to tell me we are engaged?

 

“Justin, pay attention, what is going on and why are there more cats in my loft… fine, our loft?”

 

He learned how I feel about the sole ownership thing when he said that my favorite beanbag chair had to get out of HIS house. It only took him an hour to figure out that I’d moved back to my house. Well, I just took the cats and shredded his favorite shirt, but he got it after that.

 

“I was going to get MM a cat because Ally just gets confused when we leave her at MM’s house. She and Sunny get separation anxiety, but then, like when Marco and I pulled up, this woman kicks a box and I realized she put all the cats in there. By the way, I think my SUV is going to have to be cleaned because even after we took out the box, it still stinks. So I kind of took all the cats and called Carl because this was a crime.” I tell him.

 

“Justin, Carl told me to tell you that it would have been better to leave the cats there so he could at least prove what the women did.” MM tells him.

 

“Nope, but since I took the cats, maybe just tell the animal control guy to put her on a ‘Wanted Poster’ I’ll even make it if they need me too.” I tell them.

 

You know, after Brian realized that MM was taking two and Emmett volunteered to take Cleo, he was more interested in where they came from. Marco showed him the picture he took in case Carl needed to see it, which apparently was wasted because we took off with the cats. Apparently Carl said it was better not to be considered catnappers, which of course left us snickering. Only Brian looked at the picture and walked out of the loft, MM looked at it and got this ‘OH SHIT’ look.

 

“Justin, say hi to your sister-in-law.” Emmett tells me as MM chases after a cursing Brian.

 

“Wait, how does that get related to him.” I ask. Look I’m not trying to be mean, but well, nothing about her makes me think she’s related to my… fiance, nope sticking to boyfriend for now. See, I can say it.




Chapter 2 by starlight
Author's Notes:

Thank you Lorie for the use of your beloved Lightning.

BRIAN

 

I walked out of the loft, not to go see my loving mother, but to smoke a fucking cloud of waste that might somehow manage to wrap around Joan’s house. Realistically, Justin keeps pestering me about how second hand smoke would be bad for his babies. Walking up to his car, I already know it's going to take several cleanings to get that smell out. Mikey was walking towards me but backed away when the wind shifted.

 

I stood there thinking about how I plan to get from boyfriend to fiance, because yes, this is something I actually planned to ask, not tell him. It’s just, I could see he expected me to ask right now, and yeah I want to, but I also want the twat to have to wait for it. I liked the fucking shirt he shredded to prove a point. So my plan is to make him think I’m going to ask but not do it until he’s suffered a little. Smiling until the wind shifted again and you know, they might not be big, but good God they stink when they want too.

 

When I see the squad come up the sidewalk, I know it’s time to keep Justin from whatever his new idea is, which means running to beat them to him. Getting in the door and slamming it shut. I look for Justin, not seeing him anywhere but hearing him in the bedroom.

 

“Marco, put the shirt and cologne away.” Justin tells him.

 

“But we wanted to have a shrine, and this is like the shirt that used to say ‘Brian on the prowl’.” He tells Justin.

 

“Now it’s the shirt that won’t make it back from the cleaners.” Justin growls.

 

“Which means you should give it to us.” He tells Justin.

 

I walk in and rescue the shirt. I wore it because it looked good, and okay, because guys gave it up when I wore it. Justin got the look that said, guard my shirt or it’s history. The retort I wanted to say stayed in my head, because Justin’s the master at finding a way.

 

JUSTIN

 

I let the shirt go because well, there's the ring and he really does look good in that shirt. At least I'll let it go unless it somehow leaves the house without me. Waving Marco away, I really wanted to tell him that as the leader of the PJ Queens, it's time to find him a pet. I had to get him some benadryl when the hives started again, which to Marco meant seeing the sacred bed, then me dragging him out of said bed, then him seeing the shirt, and the rest should have been obvious.

 

I follow Brian and that shirt out, which meant the squad squealing, and everyone but MM trying to figure out why.

 

“Are you wearing it?” Daphne asks when I kept my hand behind my back trying to get it off.

 

“Honey, I'll get Drew to send you pictures of the Brown campaign. Justin really doesn't want to show you his ass.” Emmett tells them, not realizing what they were talking about.

 

“Yeah we’ll take them, but Justin has a little show and tell.” Marie tells me smiling. The damn thing is stuck.

 

“Can I try it on?” September ask desperately.

 

“Honey, jock straps are really not made for girls.” Emmett tells her, and really he doesn’t need to tell everyone what I’m wearing today.

 

“The RING, Emmett.” Alexia tells him, practically peeing in her pants.

 

“Baby, you share way too much with the girls, and girls those are made for boy parts.” Emmett tells us. Oh my god that was supposed to be a secret too. I’m never taking Emmett shopping with me again.

 

“UM... What?” Poor September never really paid attention when the girls toured behind the curtain in the sex shop.

 

“Emmett, Brian got Justin a ring… FOR HIS FINGER!” Daphne yells when Emmett seems to still be having a hard time getting this.

 

“Brian… ring… not the one you bought as...?” Emmett stopped when he and everyone else noticed me waving madly and shaking my head no.

 

I pull the hand out because Emmett needs to be distracted, not that Brian wasn’t staring at the area the other ring went, and no I’m not wearing it, I just kind of thought it would be… if you can’t figure it out, my blushing would tell you.

 

“Baby’s engaged!” Emmett seemed to be announcing to all of Pittsburg, and the squealing squad finished off the eastern seaboard for me.

 

“Not yet, because I still haven’t been asked anything.” I tell them, but you know once they get on something, nothing I say matters anymore.

 

“Marco, get the Queens, we have an engagement party to plan.” Emmett tells him, and what about the part where I’m not really engaged? Is there a party for sort of possibly if someone asks me?

 

I tried to follow them out but Brian grabbed the back of my pants. It was really not funny when the sides ripped and everyone turned. I ran but you know, ass hanging out really didn’t get missed by anyone. Brian, who was holding my stripper pants, was absolutely no help. He is so not getting the show I planned later. I leapt in the bed and my nightmare came true, I was in bed with four girls, not a penis but mine on the bed.

 

“I’m kind of jealous, you know in pants we know there’s a little JLO going on, but shit, it’s like, better.” Alexia tells me.

 

“Justin, do you ever tan?” September, who keeps trying to pull the blanket asks.

 

“Did you see the package?” Marie, of all people asks, I’m so not believing my innocent Marie is staring as if I’m going to show and tell.

 

“MARCO, IF YOU WANT THE SHIRT, GET THEM!” I yell.

 

Marco wanted that shirt but I just need the girls to be distracted long enough to grab the pants I might have drunkenly tossed over the lights the other night. Reaching up and hoping the girls don’t overpower Marco, before I get them, yes, ass covers accomplished. NO, Daphne, who can multitask, grabs them and almost my blanket. Hey, Marco needs to teach me how he bends like that, because somehow he did this bend and swoop that had Alexia and September on the floor.

 

“Once you're off the bed you can’t get back on.” I tell them because it’s just a rule, well it’s my rule.  

 

They get up and stomp down the steps waiting to see who was going to win. I looked over at Brian who had the shirt thrown over one shoulder and my pants over the other. Are the guys really betting on who wins?

 

We were down to Marie, and yes, I cheated by sliding my leg over and throwing her off, but Daphne’s always played to win, and I think even the shirt wasn’t going to give Marco enough incentive to win. I watch as Daphne uses some impressive leg muscles to toss Marco from the bed. Guess the shirt stays, or not, because Brian threw it to Marco.

 

“So what do I win?” Daphne ask me.

 

“I didn’t really get that far.” I tell her.

 

“Brian?” She asks him.

 

“You get to take Justin shopping for his suit when I decide to ask.” He tells her.

 

What? HOLD ON, I’m wearing the ring and he’s now saying he’s not asking right now? Then it occurs to me that I could get out of this yet. I just have to make sure we are never anywhere that could have him popping the question. That should be easy, I mean really, unless he’s planning on popping it at like work or Babylon, everywhere else I can get my Queens to help me get away.

 

“Justin, it will happen and you will get used to it.” He tells me.

 

Did I say anything out loud? I look over and they all nod. I grab the covers and slowly slide underneath because he’s going to make me want this too.

 

“Justin, really it’s not so bad.” Daphne tells me.

 

I just kick her off the bed.

 

TWO DAYS LATER AND STILL NO PROPOSAL

 

Marco, Pablo, and Lenny met me at the diner. It was decided that Marco couldn’t lead my group without a pet. I got an idea and even looked it up, Brian stared at the screen when I typed “If you're allergic to cats does it mean skunks too?” but seemed to stop caring when I said Marco needed a pet. We found a breeder and she agreed to let Marco come over and make sure he wasn’t allergic. I think the other two were just bored, apparently the new stud wasn’t as accepting as the real stud of the whole PJ/slipper/pet thing.

 

When we got to Lorie’s house and met Lightning I was trying to figure out how to get one of my own.



When I texted Brian, the immediate no told me he wasn’t going to budge, but Marco was excited. He wasn’t itching and decided right then and there to get on the list for his kitten. We left after a few hours because come on, we were playing.

 

Brian called and told me, once again, if I wanted to be fed, meet him at this really romantic restaurant. Okay it’s just this weird Italian place that I like, although everyone else thinks sucks, I mean they have a meatball the size of my head, what’s not to like? It’s suspicious, but maybe I could convince Brian to get a skunk instead of a fiance.

 

And you know, I sat there waiting and waiting but he starts talking about eating Sunday dinner with Mom and Deb, then something about us going to Vermont came up, so I sat up and pushed my ADHD down, because it was time to pay attention so I didn’t accidently say yes, but he’s like telling me that he wanted to invite the guys for an end of the year ski trip. Not once was there any mention of the ring that seems like it’s superglued to my finger. I was about to say something when Brian scowls, I turn to see Bitchy giving us a sour look. Maybe this place does suck, because she’s wearing the uniform.

 

“Brian. Still a faggot?” She asks, not very quietly, well she sneered it so there was just no way to be quiet.

 

“Claire, still unemployed?” Brian asks, and I’ll admit I’m confused because she’s like a waitress right?

 

“No, see this uniform says I have a job.” She tells him.

 

“No, see your boss is one of us faggots, and I think he’s waving at you.” Brian tells her and yeah, the owner isn’t looking very thrilled at the moment.

 

“Hey, aren’t you the asshole who stole my cat?” How did she get past the interview?

 

“No, I’m the guy who decided sealing up cats in a box like they were waiting for Fedex, made you a bad owner.” I say it really loud, because I see the blue hairs, and you know some of them have cats that are as spoiled as mine.

 

“She what?” The one with the cane asks, getting up and go granny, she could book it.

 

Too bad Claire seemed to be able to haul ass faster, I think Granny had game. She came over and kissed my cheek for all of cat kind. I texted Lightning with a big please attached, but no, all I got was

My HBF is spending way too much time with my BF.


 

Chapter 3 SEVEN DAYS AND REALLY I'M STARTING TO WONDER by starlight

JUSTIN

 

Sitting at my desk, I'm starting to wonder about this ring thing. I mean, was it just to get our babies excited, or to irk me? The second is winning. I look at the work I finished and decide Starbucks needs another five from me. I handed the boards to Murph and left without the note. Really, if he expects me to pretend there's no ring, than pretend I will. I made sure to march past him and not to his bathroom like he expects. I was kind of pissed when he tells me to get him a nonfat latte. Whole milk it is.

 

Getting to Starbucks, I looked at the line of grumbling, non-caffeinated people, and have to wonder why they train newbies during a rush. Twenty minutes later and wondering if I should just do the crappuccino machine at the convenience store down the road. After seeing who's behind the counter, I was ready to go there, crap or not.

 

“What the hell did I do to deserve this shit?” Claire yells, not even seeing me yet. I'm still trying to figure out how she gets a job.

 

“Claire, I did you a favor by getting my boss to hire you, and really, with your job history,  it took me a lot to convince him.” The other woman who was working tells her.

 

“This is all Brian’s fault.” She complains, not you know, like maybe taking the guys order who looks a bit homicidal.

 

“Can I get you to maybe take my order, instead of bitching?” Potential road rage asks, sarcastically.

 

“I'm having a bad day, so shut up.” Claire tells him and the minute she notices me, I'm sure it just got worse. “What the fuck, are you here to fuck with my life some more?” She asks, ignoring Rage in front of me.

 

“Is there someone here that actually takes an order.” He asks anybody really.

 

“You can leave, because I'm not serving some little faggot.” She tells me, and really, has she not checked out what street she works on?

 

“So is being gay a problem for you?” Rage wasn’t asking.

 

Hey, maybe she isn’t as stupid as she acts, or it could be the whole store waiting for an answer that shut her up. She was so not taking my order, and maybe the guy who looks like a not very happy Brian thinks Claire and Starbucks might not be a great fit, doesn't think she's taking any orders.

 

“Claire can you come to my office.” He tells her. Everyone groans when there's only one chick left to do everything.

 

I debated, but Rage really needs the caffeine. Grabbing an apron and putting on my smile that seems to get Rage to crank it down a notch, I get started. Texting and working wasn't so hard, and Alexia showed up in ten minutes and got her coffee making skills going. It was like an hour later before we saw the end and really, why is she still sitting in her former place of employment?

 

Alexia was counting tips with glee, which why it excites her more than her dad's guilt unlimited credit card, is definitely a mystery. I really don't want to pretend I give a crap, but Claire's sitting there leaking. I made her a skinny latte, because Brian isn't getting one.

 

“Are you going to make me wish I spit in this?” I ask her.

 

“Go away.” She wailed.

 

“Hey, I'm just trying to be nicer than you were to poor Cleo, Judy, and Elroy.” I swear MM can’t seem to name anything without someone doing it for him.

 

“What's in it for you, my brother not buying you a Jag?” She tried to sneer, but I think defeat won. I refuse to feel sorry for her, but shit, it must suck that all the beauty genes got shuffled to Brian.

 

“He seems to think anything that doesn’t resemble a tank, I'd kill myself in.” I tell her, sitting down when she doesn't seem like she's going to go postal.

 

“Hey Justin, can you tell the guy I'm done for the day, I saw these adorable heels that I need.” Alexia tells me as she runs out.

 

“Joe, Alexia’s done for the day.” I tell the manager, who gets a job at Starbucks with that name? I ignore his confusion at his new employees. “Hey, can we get name tags?” I ask but he just goes back in his office, slamming the door.

 

“How am I going to tell my mother I lost another job?” Claire is really a bit of a cryer.

 

“It would help if you quit insulting everyone, that really only works for Brian. Which I think because you're too busy staring at the Adonis to remember he's bitching at you, and while we're on that, did like your mother cheat with say a gym stud, because it's either that or maybe like a mix up at the hospital.” I stopped when she stared like people do at my chatter.

 

“What?” She asks, but hey the crying stopped.

 

“I'm just trying to figure out how you're related to my not yet fiance. It's really mind boggling that he could be related to someone who seems to whine, but then possibly it explains MM, because maybe he missed the whining when he left home.” I tell her.

 

I swear, if people just listened they wouldn't be so confused, but I figured I'd keep trying to solve the mystery of DNA. She gulped the latte like I did cosmos (well until you got to the cosmo lite portion of the evening) I smiled when she didn’t spit it at me.

 

“So, is there some reason you think Brian has anything to do with your inability to commit? He tends to think that I have commitment issues, but it’s really just that I like to be asked things. Mr Caveman thinks throwing my ass over his shoulder get’s the job done better. I mean, he bought this ring (I show her the not yet engagement ring, and she shrugs, yeah she gets it) and nothing, no proposal, just telling me he’ll ask when he feels like it, and then, like seven days and nothing. It’s really messing with my head, I thought by now he’d ask so I could say no, but nope, dinner after dinner, a couple of way too wild nights and not a question in site. Is it like something your family does, tease, then not follow through?” I ask, and yeah the nose grabbing thing must be genetic.

 

“My brother’s dating you?” She asks in a way that I think sarcasm runs in the genes too.

 

“No, because like I said, he’s not asking for anything, he just tells me. I mean I finally managed to say relationship and boyfriend without running for the hills, but I would have been okay if he asked me, not told me. Are you getting a headache, because I don’t have like any aspirin, or anything, I’m allergic. Hey my friend is getting a skunk because it doesn’t break him out in hives, and well, because no one gets to lead the PJ Queens without a pet. I have like pictures if you want to see Lightning, who is the coolest. Even if Brian doesn’t think so.” I tell her, and really, she could have said goodbye as she gets up to leave.

 

Brian walked in, looking like he wasn’t happy with my new job. I wonder if Joe could like tell Brian how good I was today. I look at the closed office door and figure probably not. Claire like hugs Brian, who stood there looking at her like she was crazy. I wonder why she’s wishing him luck? I got up and decided to make the coffee he wanted a few hours ago, but Joe kind of came out and pointed me to a chair. Then the asshole makes a nonfat for Brian, really, kissing his ass is so not getting you anywhere. Joe better stop looking like he has a chance, because that latte is hot and I plan to make him remember who the star employee’s boyfriend is.

 

Brian grabbed the drink right as I was going to accidently knock it on my ex-boss and drags me out. I stuck my tongue out at old Joe because well, the staring was not making my day. I look and see my SUV, opening my door, it’s new car smell was really a great thing. Claire was sitting at the bus stop and I gave Brian the ‘are we really going to make her sit there look’, the ‘are you kidding look’ didn’t work because I got in the driver’s seat before he tried to take over and stopped in front of her.

 

“Hey, want a ride?” I ask, ignoring Brian’s glare.

 

“Brian, you need to tell your whoever he is, that mom isn’t going to like this.” She tells him, but gets in.

 

“Please, all old people like me.” I tell them, but have to wonder when they both start laughing at me.

 

I guess you could say Joanie was not a fan. I’m still trying to figure out how she like thought we were burning in hell, but yet hadn’t seemed to read the whole gluttony portion. I tried to point out that you know, drinking like the bottle might get snatched away was most likely not the way to heaven, but she just gulped down more as I talked.

 

“You know, I think the bible was meant as a guide, not like a way to bludgeon everyone to death. Like the way my English book has rules, but with exceptions. I mean I doubt you’ll be kept out of Heaven for competing in the ‘how to get alcohol poisoning’, because you know, God probably created AA to help you.” I tell her, and maybe she didn’t understand because she kept drinking.

 

Brian rolled his eyes as the cute brother giggled, the sneering one seem to lose the sneer when Brian glared at him. I gave up when Joanie kept pretending I wasn’t there and decided to see if I could get Brian to come with me to Lorie’s. I got a big ‘NO’ when he picked me up and put me in the passenger side of MY CAR. Whatever, I can get the PJ’s to go with me tomorrow. Maybe Lorie will let us Lightning sit, I have a feeling Brian might change his mind if he meets Lightning. Then again, another kitten isn’t a bad thing.

 

I wave at the cute kid as we drive off, because John seems to think that sneer is all that. Claire waves as if accepting the prison that the old Warden lives in is her lot in life.

 

“Claire needs like a job and makeover.” I tell him, but you know, he doesn’t see the potential, but the squad has worked with worse.

 

“I do not want them anywhere near you.” He commanded, like that ever stopped me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4 NINETEEN DAYS AND COUNTING, YUCK WE’LL PRETEND TWENTY by starlight

NINETEEN AND COUNTING, YUCK WE’LL PRETEND TWENTY 

 

JUSTIN 

 

Daphne and I sit around Starbucks waiting for Alexia to get done impressing the masses with foam art. I could have been slightly peeved at Brian, but really, Lightning was just nibbling on Prada. She can't help that Brian is a spaz.

 

“Justin, I just don’t see ‘Pretty Woman’ being possible here.” Daphne tells me, looking at the pictures I had the PJ’s sort of take when Joan started to get on my nerves.

 

“If you guys could make MM passable, then anything’s possible.” I tell her, I mean Ben agreed to a date.

 

“Excuse me but can you explain to your friend she doesn’t work here.” Joe, the guy who needs to quit staring at Brian, informs me. Like what he says matters, Alexia loves her new job.

 

“Think Brian will be okay with my daycare?” I ask when Joe stomps off.

 

“Again, why are you taking in everyone’s cats?” She asks me.

 

“So they know their babies are being watched while they’re working.” I explain for like the millionth time.

 

“Justin, this isn’t because Brian still hasn’t asked is it?” She asked as she wrinkled her nose at the granny shorts Claire was wearing.

 

“No. I don’t care, I really don’t, I mean all it would mean was disappointing him, and well, I really don’t want to. So it works that we are at nineteen days and no proposal.” I tell her. I’m not counting really, but you know in ten minutes it will be twenty, but well, it’s not a big deal.

 

“Maybe dye the hair something closer to Brian’s, lose the atrocious wardrobe, and we are going to have get her to the gym.” September tells us, coming in and sitting down.

 

“Yeah, that could work, but until then, just enough to get a job, something that doesn’t pay minimum. Joan is enough to explain all things wrong in that household.” Marie who came and met the antichrist tells us.

 

“Yeah, but she just reminds me why staying the boyfriend works for me.” I tell them buffing my ring, just because they all get green with envy when they see it.

 

“I could deal with the evil one if Brian was the prize.” September tells us, and really, does half the place have to nod with her.

 

“Well he didn’t put the ring on your finger, or any of yours.” I say as I look at them all. Not that it means I’m any closer to saying yes to the question he isn’t asking me.

 

“Okay, I’m done.” Alexia says, taking off the apron she bought when Joe refused to give her one. I still think she should let her dad buy her one of these, that way Joe could go away.

 

“Operation ‘Kidnap Claire and Cinderella her ass’ is a go.” September announces and does she not get that these idiots love to tell Brian on me.

 

“Anybody call, text or even carrier pigeon this one, and I’ll bring MM to tell you about every shit Elroy has ever had.” I warn, because they have met the mouth that is MM.

 

We all get in my still wonderful smelling car and head to Satan’s lair, AKA the house Brian graced with his birth. Not that he seems to want to acknowledge the only good thing that probably came out of that place. MM told me things that had me peeing on a certain Jack Kinney’s grave in the middle of the night ten cosmo regulars later, but you know, Emmett promised not to tell. Although I think maybe he did, because Brian was laughing for days.

 

We park across the street and I wonder if John got his ass kicked out of school, because there he sits, throwing rocks at passing cars. I am so suggesting the military school my mom divorced my dad over. I spot Claire carrying the usual sacks of gluttony to the house and you know, Joanie can deal with withdrawal because Claire is being rescued.

 

We do the stalker drive and when we were close enough the girls jumped out and tried to drag her in the car, but it was like the chihuahua and the Great Dane debacle at the PJ meeting. Which is not worth the time it took to tell, but let's just say Lady Dane wasn’t interested in little Chichi. So I open my door and wave to Claire, and why does she look like she wants to run?

 

“We’re taking a spa day, on Brian, want to help?” I smile to see if she’ll fall for it. It’s really Alexia’s treat because she been using tips instead of credit and she was worried her Dad might think the therapy she’s been in for five years is working, which could cancel the whole unlimited spending we all do. Brian should be happy, because Alexia saves him so much money.

 

“Claire get in the fucking car.” I try, because it’s how Brian would do it, and shit, she got in. I look back and Satan’s disciple ran in to tell, so I sped off with our victim. When my Brian ring goes off, I figure Sexy Back was his song, I answered to the singing triplets in the back.

 

“Hey, so like I finished the board and thought it was time for a vacation day.” I tell him shaking my head to get them to shut up. 

 

“Justin, I don’t give vacations for an employee who takes them while he’s working. Now return Claire and get back here.” He tells me. “WHO TOLD!”

 

“Yelling isn’t necessary, but my mother called, something about calling the cops since Claire was kidnapped.” He tells me. I wonder if Satan will like the special bottle I’m going to make just for her.

 

“Claire came willingly, can you tell that to Carl if Satan calls the police.” I ask him.

 

“Justin, PUT HER BACK!” 

 

“You know that’s no way to talk to the love of your life.” I tell him, just because I know he still can’t say THAT ONE.

 

“Justin, loving you is going to get me committed, and not how that ring implies.” UM, did he just… 

 

I looked up in time to see the fire hydrant, but hey, I was only going like twenty, so we just kind of bumped it and well, now my car’s being washed.

 

“I think I love you too, but my car is kind of flooding.” I tell him hanging up.

 

Getting out, the Squad got Claire to join them in the water and well, he loves me, so why not celebrate I run head first into the spray.

 

Really, why is Carl dragging me in? Claire’s the one who stripped, we just chased the crazy woman. The Squad told me that if we are letting her join than we all go together. What they have to remember is that she decided to drink the Sherry, and everything that happened was the result. I get that maybe people thought she was trying to escape because she was running down the sidewalk screaming ‘FREEDOM’, while we were chasing her, but we were just trying to keep that BRA covered. I mean really, Joanie couldn’t like skip a bottle so Claire could get a new one, not FrankenBra. I mean, did we look like kidnappers, which yeah we said it, but not really. 

 

Carl just told us to get in the car because Brian wanted me home, which just ruined the whole jailhouse rock the girls had going. Drew came and un-parked my car, telling me that Brian grounded me. I sat pouting, but then looking at the Squad and Claire, I remembered why we crashed. I was smiling until I saw Brian with the whole nose holding thing going.

 

“Blow him, it will make him forget.” Daphne tells me.

 

“Wait, I can do it.” September volunteers then puts her hand down when I glare.

 

“Don’t look at me, he’s my brother and I don’t want to know.” Claire tells me, and really if it was Molly I wouldn’t either.

 

So I walk over with my best smile and he just drags me into the building while Carl is taking them to Starbucks for girl time.

 

“Hey, remember I’M THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE!” I yell when he sits me at my desk instead of say, the bathroom.

 

“Well love of my life, we have a campaign for you to win. It’s called get Brian to not kick my cute ass for Joan’s visit.” He tells me, and shit that might explain the desk.

 

“How about Justin blows Brian until Brian forgets?” I offer batting my baby blues but Satan will probably require like ‘a world class hooker blow job’ and well, I’m working up to that one. 

 

“Justin, did you get hurt?” He asks me, as I’m trying to figure out a way to get to world status.

 

“What?” I ask him.

 

“Look I’m pissed about my mother, but did you get hurt? Drew said the windshield had a crack.” He gave me this look I hadn’t seen before.

 

“Oh, well that kind of came from Claire throwing a bottle in the wrong direction.” I tell him and start to squirm because I’m really getting a bit antsy.

 

So I get up and head to his office, ignoring him when he said we didn’t have time. Running in and taking off my shirt, I stop when I see Leo Brown looking at me strangely.

 

“Brian told me that you probably wanted like an athlete, but you know I think I could work.” I tell him. “So ‘No’ I’m guessing, that’s okay, being a model was just a pipedream anyway.” I tell him, backing up, but Brian just couldn’t let me die in peace.

 

“Leo meet Justin, my fiance.” HE DID NOT JUST DO THAT!

 

“Well, Brian did always like to make an entrance, I guess I couldn’t expect anything less from the fiance.” Leo tells him.

 

“Yeah, you really couldn’t.” I tell him and glare, Kitty Day Care, opening at a loft near you!

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 5 by starlight
Author's Notes:

I would like to thank all the guest who made an appearence in this chapter

Patches, Smoky, Panda Bear, Shakespeare, Gizmo, Chew, and Star, thank you for appearing and Lorie thank you for sharing them with me. Lightning will be pracing around to teach Thunder the best places soon.

I

 

BRIAN

 

My phone kept going off and I looked at each one he sent and texted ‘No’, why he thinks we need more cats is beyond me. I’ve allowed four, which is four more than I ever planned. Hopefully he won’t keep trying for a skunk, because I draw the line when it affects Prada.

 

I know, right now he isn’t thrilled with me telling Leo we were engaged, but it just came out. Although he seems to be taking it okay. I decided it was time to ask the twat. My phone went off again, and I AM GOING TO KILL ONE JUSTIN TAYLOR.

 

“STUD KITTY DAY CARE”

 

Opening on Tremont from 9am to 5pm.

 

(The stud is not available, OR ENGAGED)

 

I sat staring at my naked ass and well, I look good, but if this is his way of pouting, it’s not funny.

 

“Why were you sending me Cat Pictures?” I sent to him.

 

“I can’t take every cat so they have to send an application.” Justin sends back.

 

“If I find any cats there that don’t belong to me, I’m going to turn that ass RED.” I send back.

 

“Like I’m scared, you never follow through anyway!” He sends.

 

“I promise you’ll see follow through on the RED.” I send.

 

“I DARE YOU!!!!”

 

“Run little boy, and hide well.” I text.

 

“Brian, are you planning on answering me?” Cynthia asks standing in front of my desk.

 

“Sorry, what did you ask?” I look around the conference room, and every phone goes off.

 

Cynthia looks at hers and I’m absolutely sure Justin would do this to me. The looks I got told me they were trying to figure out if that was me, standing naked in my loft. You know it’s just hard to get upset when there isn’t a cringe but quite a few admiring looks. The new intern, who’s probably pissed Justin off by flirting, smiles at me, but alas those days are gone, of course if I kill Justin then just maybe… which won’t happen because even when he’s a pain in my ass, I love the shit. Doesn’t mean I can’t fuck back with him.

 

“Jasper seems to like the picture of the loft.” I sent because Justin deserves this for not even coming to work today.

 

I got nothing back, Jasper did and whatever it was had him not looking at me anymore. I texted Daphne to make sure my loft was cat free and that I would host a Squad Night at Babylon in return.

 

“Please see email as the response was too large for text” was sent back. Opening my email as my staff sat, most likely wondering why nothing was getting done in the conference room.

 

“SQUAD TOP TEN”

 

1 JUSTIN TAYLOR

New owner of Stud Kitty Day Care. Justin is a generous young man who never takes anything for granted but ASKS to make sure that everyone is aware and in agreement.

 

2 EMMETT HONEYCUTT

A lovely Queen who shows style and pizzazz in all he does.

 

3 TED SCHMIDT

He landed Blake and well it just makes sense to have him at the head of the list.

 

4 DREW BOYD

Would have been ahead of Emmett but out of respect for his partner allowed Emmett to be first.

 

5 BLAKE WYZECKI

Once again a partner who cared more for his partner than the business of being higher up.

 

6 BEN BRUCKNER

We just like to look at him as long as he doesn’t speak.

 

7 MM AKA MIKEY

Are you not seeing how far you’ve fallen, MM beat you?

 

8 VIC GRASSI

This should just scare you, we put a dead man before you.

 

9 ALL THE PJ’S

They wanted to be on the list, but when Thunder is born down all of you go.

 

10 BRIAN KINNEY

Think about this, you are normally on top but somehow you're a bottom.

 

Sincerely,

Your still, sort of Fan Club”

 

“Yeah, a dead guy beating you would be bad.” Jasper comments.

 

I turn and it was on the screen behind me. You know, I think Justin and I are just going to have to get the asking over with.

 

“Everyone get’s an early Friday.” I announce and with that everyone ran before I changed my mind.

 

Ted knows it didn’t include him. “You really screwed up.” Ted tells me smirking.

 

“You and my squad are going to help me fix this.” I tell him.

 

“Brian wouldn’t it just be easier to ask him.” Ted really doesn’t understand the mess that is Justin.

 

“If I'd asked when he was ready, the twat would have said No, because he was prepared. So not wanting to hear No, I've kept him waiting and then I plan to ask.” I tell him.

 

“So your plan, was not to have one?” He asks.

 

“I just told you my plan.” I tell him, and why does he still look confused?

 

JUSTIN

 

So the Kitty Day Care wasn't really going as planned. Apparently owners of possible clients didn’t see the point.

 

“Cats don't mind staying alone.” Marco pointed out.

 

“Yeah, Cleo likes the run of Drew's gym.” Emmett tells us, braiding Claire’s newly blonde locks.

 

“If it was puppies we'd have been over run, because they get into everything.” Daphne tells us holding a smokey gray up, we all thumbs up. Claire’s new tan makes the gray pop.

 

“Yeah, but no one wants to have to walk them like ten times a day.” September tells us, modeling Brian’s favorite dress shirt. Thumbs down, because Claire couldn’t button it yet.

 

“I really just wanted him to show up, because the sex is amazing when he's pissed” I look up and guess I said it out loud again. Claire is just going to have to get used to her brother being a sex object.

 

“Justin maybe just accept that you’re engaged.” MM tells us, holding up a gold slip dress, I think he likes it. Maybe Ben will too.

 

“Stop trying to side with Brian, you're such an ass kisser.” Blake, who still thinks we're nuts to bring MM anywhere, snarks. He puts hoops through Claire’s newly triple pierced ears.

 

“Sorry, but you know there was a time when I would have burned my Captain Astro… well anything if he put a ring on it.” MM tells us, like any of us is fooled, he'd still do it, just knows it wouldn't accomplish much.

 

It was getting late and still no Brian. I was kind of disappointed in him for not even reacting at my latest stunt, he's really kind of losing excitement points with me. I grabbed my kitten slippers and put them on, I was so not going to outshine Claire on her first outing, we chose Babylon because well, if she didn't get hit on, we could use that ‘you know it's a gay club’ as an excuse.

 

“Justin, the PJ’s wanted to see if you could dress like us tonight.” Marco asks looking up from his phone.

 

“Then I'm ready.” I tell him looking down at my SpongeBob sleep pants, I ran to grab the club shirt.

and we were off to see if Claire could actually walk without Emmett and Daphne holding her up the whole way.

 

When we got to the club, the doorman told me that Brian wanted me to meet him at the diner. I started ranting and you know I needed to move when I rant so walked with my group following. Really he just orders me and then he announces shit and you know, NEVER ASKS ANYTHING.

 

“He really thinks I’m going to do anything when he couldn’t bother to at least show up and you know look all sexy while screaming his head off. I put all this work into making him like all perfect then nothing, nada, just a couple screamy texts and well you guys all saw.” I tell them, and shit, I walked to the diner.

 

I turned when Brian pulled up, he smiled at the Kitties and well, it’s better than the puzzled look he had the first time he saw them. I look around and why is everyone standing around watching me? Ted and Drew come out and Ted hands me like, flowers, which was really sweet, but I’m kind of allergic, so I hand them to Claire, every girl should get flower when they had a makeover. Drew starts playing some music and you know, I know they say it’s like the stalker anthem, but I like ‘Every Breath You Take’ and really when MM sings it to Ben, it does come off as stalkerish.

 

Brian walked up and I’m still trying to figure out how I got here. Why does everyone look all excited? I mean the cheeseburgers are great but it’s not like that great.

 

“Justin, Marry me.”

 

But you know, I like the gravy cheese fries and well, the milk shakes are okay. Maybe I’ll have a some pancakes.

 

“Justin.” Brian snaps his fingers at me.

 

“Yes?” Why is everyone cheering? I look up and Brian’s smirking at me. I rewind to see what could be the cause and…

 

“You tricked me!”



 

Chapter 6 Satan needs a cult by starlight

JUSTIN 

 

Pros

 

Brian lets me have his dessert.

My cats have all the catnip they could ever want

He actually gets me, in a way no one else does and doesn’t get all confused when I’m talking.

I get to see him naked!!!!

 

Cons

 

Satan shows up at the wrong times.

 

I kind of had to stop at that one, because it was hard to think of one worse than that one. 

 

“I could put he’s a bit of a control freak, but well, it works for me. That he seems to think that if he says something, that it will happen, but then so far it does and usually the way he plans it.” I tell Satan. 

 

Satan was kinda my fault, because we fixed Claire up and that meant Joan needed someone to drunkenly bitch too. Unfortunately it had to be when I was trying this new bend thing, which came to me when Marco did the bend swoop, when she barged in Brian’s office.

 

“So is there some reason you think Brian was a bad thing in the house that Jack Kinney stank in?” I ask her, because I didn’t want to remember her seeing my goodies.

 

“Why do you keep coming here?” She asks me.

 

“I figured with Claire getting her kick ass job at Java Alexia, and getting the fuck out of Satan’s lair, you think Brian wants you around, and he doesn’t. So I came to find you new minds to poison because my sex life is definitely something you're trying to turn into a Con. The squad promises to drive you to church and all, if you can like, stay away.” I tell her. Really it’s just sad when she’s drank the bottle I handed her and didn’t figure out it’s just colored water. I’m doing my good deed by not getting her too drunk for her new cult.

 

“What you and Brian are doing is unnatural.” She tells me. I nod but drive a little faster.

 

“I know, there’s usually like a waiting time between meeting, dating, LIVING IN SIN, and you know, getting engaged.” I tell her, holding up the ring because she entertains me with the looks she gives it.

 

“Don’t you care that your soul is at stake?” She asks, as she gulps straight from the bottle. I wonder if the brown dye has flavor?

 

“Well it’s not like it wasn’t when I decided that men were my thing, I mean, if I’m going to burn in hell, might as well like what I’m doing on the way down. I mean you stayed married, and sorry, but if getting into Heaven means being all you, I’ll take hell over you know, the sanctity of staying married to Jackass.” I tell her, and you know the fact that she doesn’t get confused when I talk makes me wonder if… whatever. I get us to the place Ted told me would probably get Satan her own following.

 

“Why are we here?” She says looking at rather boring building but I think too much excitement would make them revert.

 

“This group seems to think you’re right and you know, maybe you are, so why not hang with people who get you.” I tell her. Plus I really think they deserve Satan for poor Emmett’s having had sex with a woman. 

 

“What is “See the Light”? She asks me.

 

“Just get out of the car, I’m trying to make you popular.” I tell her. Well either that or have the dipshits that think being gay is something they could change, is just up her alley. I walked in with Satan and get us a tag. I wave at Blake and Daphne, cause they were all excited. My phone went off and I had to not dance to Sexy Back, but I wanted to. 

 

When the meeting started I could tell Joan was jonesing for another swig of holy water, did I mention that we got the water from her church? When Father Tom caught me, Brian smirked at him and well, he like gave us a flask to put it in, it had like a cross and everything. Joan sat up when they started talking about fucking the gay away, and then seemed to listen to every word, nodding as if God was speaking through the asshole who really shouldn’t have been in the backroom at Babylon last night. I knew if I just found her some place to go, then I could stop the whole orgasm killing she was attempting.

 

My phone went off and I smiled and got up, because the guy was giving me the “No Phones” look. I went outside and answered my FIANCE.

 

“Justin is there some reason your not say, AT WORK??!!” He sort of shouted, but well I like when he gets all pissy.

 

“I’m looking at venues for us to have a party to you know, announce that you tricked me.” I tell him and roll my eyes at the guy who is watching my ass. “HELLO, you're supposed to be watching say, Daphne’s ass.” I tell him and wave at motivational speaker to continue when they all give Biffy the stare down, cause you know he’s supposed to be wanting to hump Daphne not me.

 

“Why are you with my mother again?” Brian asks, and really, is his sighing necessary, if I’m annoying her, she isn’t annoying him.

 

“I decided that if I’m doing the whole engaged thing, I’m going to be the best fiance I can be. Did you really want her coming over and killing all chances of ever getting it up again in your office. I didn’t realize when we saved Claire, that Satan would decide to save you.” I tell him.

 

“Why are you at the rec center on the other side of town?” He asks, and you know, GPS should really be called “Justin Can’t Hide”.

 

“Because the homosexuals in denial seem to think that if they aren’t like holding meetings in Babylon, like Kenneth did last night, that being straight is easier to lie about.” I tell him, waving when Kenneth seemed to stop trying to tell everyone his ‘how I managed to keep it up with a woman’ story, right, it’s ‘I got it up with Todd and ran to said woman’. 

 

“So I finished the Leo Brown campaign and decided you can just dock my pay because MY MOM is making me buy pants and stuff.” I tell him.

 

Daphne and Blake come and we start for the car, apparently ‘find Satan a place other than all my favorite places to get Brian naked’ worked, so now I could get sex again, if I’m engaged I’m getting something out of this. 

 

“I wonder if Joan will figure out that the club they want to protest in front of is Brian’s?” Blake asks me.

 

“Kenneth is just doing that, because Brian said trolls need to go to Boy Toy. When he told Brian that I was just a boy toy, I decided to give him Satan.” I tell him. 

 

“Justin, Brian’s marrying you, so why do you even care what that troll thinks?” Blake tells me.

 

“I’m engaged, can we just let that be enough, and now that Satan has a following can you help me think of a Con for my daily email to Brian. The last two emails with Pro’s seem to just inflate his already inflated ego.” I tell him.

 

“CON, MY FIANCE IS GOING TO MAKE ME FIRE HIS ASS FOR NOT COMING TO WORK.” Brain really thinks I care, I never wanted a real job. 

 

“CON, MY PIMP ACTUALLY EXPECTS MORE THAN SEX. HELLO, I GOT YOU THE LIBERTY AIR ACCOUNT.” I text back, something he didn’t know.

 

“It would have impressed me more if your mother wasn’t dating the CEO of Liberty Air.” He sends back.

 

“Yeah, but it’s like fifteen million reasons to love me.” I send him.

 

“Have I said I love my genius today?” He sends.

 

“No, but you know, a skunk would be a really great way to show you love me.” I text, hoping that fifteen million will distract him.

 

“NO!” 

 

“So you guys want to go to Lorie’s?” I ask, because well, I haven’t shown Lightning my ring, and I know she’s been waiting to find out. I might have been avoiding the whole shopping thing too.

 

 

 

Chapter 7 by starlight

The many careers of a starving Artist. (Well it just sounds better than a well fed artist)

 

So I was sitting at Starbucks, because like, everyone seems to like the employees at Java Alexia better, so there was lots of room for me on the couches here and I wanted to point out to the man quizzing Joe, that maybe the reason sales were way down was because JOE told Alexia he'd arrest her for coming to work. How Joe did not expect negative consequences is really beyond me.

 

Anyway, with today being all about Valentines, I decided to take a sick day, so I could hide from Brian. Which had me thinking about all the jobs I had had, thinking for some strange reason I needed to struggle to be a artist.

 

At sixteen I got this idea that since I still kind of looked twelve, that getting a date wouldn’t happen, so why not make money. I ran out and put in applications everywhere, thinking that most people wanted to celebrate Valentine’s Day, so people would need hard workers. I remember being all excited because a florist needed someone to deliver all those many soon-to-be-dead flowers. So I borrowed my mom's Beamer and took the job. Can I say it led to lots of disappointed customers? See, here's the thing, people know the money sucking day is coming, you’re even getting a month before your expected to spend better than Christmas. So unlike a smart person, the people try to spend as little as possible to say ‘I love you’. So instead of the long stem red roses, with a diamond tennis bracelet and a twenty pound box of chocolate, they get something called a crazy daisy and a giant Hershey Kiss. It does not get the person sending it the whole hot monkey sex they most likely hoped for, and me trying to explain that it's the thought that counts usually didn't get a great tip. Which made the whole working for tips thing not as great as it sounds. It also might have had something to do with me sneezing all over the flowers as I handed them to the person. The thing is, I like the whole creativeness of hacking up flowers and shoving them in the vase.

 

So when the florist called me the next year, I told her yes but only if I got to make the flowers, because I just couldn’t face the disappointment of people seeing a half dead rose in a vase. She seemed to not care as long as she had help. So once again I was excited for the whole giving people love in a vase. Only problem was, when people were giving me orders I was thinking of lunch, and well, I might have taken the orders wrong, but my flowers were kick ass. You need an example, it didn’t turn out great, and the guy wasn’t thrilled when the wife got the vase, but it’s not my fault that he ordered them from me and I kind of sent the mistress the wife's boring carnations, and the wife the mistress’s three dozen red roses with the card for the mistress. I was sure he meant to give the woman who bore the kids the good present. The wife did send a thank you card after getting half of everything in the divorce. So I decided after about the tenth wrong order, to maybe get out of the flower business.

 

So when I entered college, I decided that I needed to work somewhere to feed my artistic muse. You know, as much as I tried, I just couldn’t get my muse to agree that checking people out at the grocery store was the place it would flourish. I ended up getting fired because you know, on Valentine’s Day, people like buy lots of condoms and because of my past experience with the whole flower biz, I knew those suckers might end up balloons if I didn’t explain to each guy who came by to pick up the could be potential water balloons that they need to get the forty dollar roses, not the ten dollar ones. Apparently holding the box up and the flowers they would get laid with, seemed to cause a problem. Then after getting kind of what Joe over there was getting, I tried to just give them customer service, like I was told. I mean you tell someone to have a good time and use the condoms or buy the pregnancy test next to it and they kind of get bitchy. I didn’t manage to keep that job more than a few hours.

 

Maybe that’s why I’m here making coffee today, because you know, I felt like I needed to do the whole muse thing again, and Joe needs to stop looking at me like he’s going to get a restraining order. I mean I only get up off the couch and make his almost non existent customer base coffee so the district guy can keep yelling at him.

 

Back on the couch, I had decided that I needed to get Brian something that isn’t going to make him think I forgot this most important day. Emmett seemed to think that anything cute and furry might have me sleeping on his couch. MM told me to view Valentine’s Day as Brian’s allergy. Ted just told me that he values his job and refused to help me with anything that could cause said job to disappear. I didn’t ask the squad because they seem to think that Brian should have to get me things. Please, the man bought the house, the car, and the new cat tree, which to me said ‘I love Justin so much that I should get a break’. (I left the ring out because engagements should be considered their own kind of holiday).

 

So I’m really hiding here in case he didn’t like what I got him.

 

BRIAN

 

I walked into hell. It’s the only thing that could think of to describe what was in my office. There were stuffed bears with signs that said things like “I love you with all my butt because it's bigger than my heart”. The massive amounts of chocolate just made the gym something in Justin’s future. Clearing the crap off my desk, I start to wonder if Justin just went to Big Q and bought out the Valentine's Day section.

 

“Um, you have a delivery.” Cynthia tells me, I can tell it's taking everything she has not to laugh.

 

“Hello, Mr Kinney.” The PJ'S walk in.

 

When they started singing about the greatest love of all inside of me, I just couldn’t sit there. Getting up and going to his office to find out what he was thinking, I find a note, saying he was taking a sick day? This is why he will never be in charge of anything.

 

“Justin. loft. NOW.” I text

 

“I'm having my period.” He sends.

 

You know I just couldn’t send my response in a text. GPS it is. I should have known he'd hide there. He was just where he seems to hide lately. I didn’t want to hear anything, so I tossed him over my Justin transport system and carried him to the car. He didn’t have to smile about this.

 

“So, did you like the song?” He asks.

 

“So I knocked you up?” I ask.

 

“What?” He looks up skunks every other search and didn’t look up that song?

 

“Did you like the whole three tiered fudge cake?” He asks.

 

“Where was that, because the two hundred teddy bears most likely covered it.” I tell him.

 

“Please, there were only thirty, and the PJ’s were supposed to bring it in after serenading you.” He tells me.

 

“I guess I missed that, since I needed to see if the test was positive.” I tell him.

 

“Are you sick or something?” He asks, looking concerned, and you know I should just expect this from him by now.

 

I just ignored anything else because Justin will most likely tell me something that I don’t want to know. He got out of the car and ran to the loft ahead of me. I stood on the sidewalk, praying that I somehow don’t act like an asshole because he did something for Valentine’s Day. I finally feel like I can at least thank him for trying, and walk into the building, groaning when I hear soft music coming from the loft.

 

Opening the door, there are candles lit everywhere and a very nervous Justin standing in the middle.

 

“So the other stuff was like a way to get you here. I wanted to ask you something.” Justin tells me, looking nervous.

 

I didn’t say anything but walked to him. Kissing him because I have a feeling he needs that from me.

 

“Will you be my Valentine for the rest of my life?” He asks me.

 

“Yes Mr. Taylor, I will.” I tell him.

 

You know, I didn’t mind Valentine’s Day anymore when Justin took my hand and put on the other ring that had been waiting for him to be ready for this.




This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=873