Reception Deception by SabinaThymeSunshine
Summary:

The reception that follows Molly's wedding.

Story # 25 in the Sunshine Files


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Original Character, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: Family
Genres: Alternate Canon, Drama
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: The Sunshine Files
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 25046 Read: 38508 Published: Mar 13, 2017 Updated: Mar 13, 2017

1. Chapter 1 by SabinaThymeSunshine

2. Chapter 2 by SabinaThymeSunshine

3. Chapter 3 by SabinaThymeSunshine

4. Chapter 4 by SabinaThymeSunshine

5. Chapter 5 by SabinaThymeSunshine

6. Chapter 6 by SabinaThymeSunshine

7. Chapter 7 by SabinaThymeSunshine

8. Chapter 8 by SabinaThymeSunshine

9. Chapter 9 by SabinaThymeSunshine

10. Chapter 10 by SabinaThymeSunshine

Chapter 1 by SabinaThymeSunshine



Chapter 1



^^^^^^^^



The SUV pulled up in front of the Plaza Hotel. Justin stopped the vehicle and looked into the back seat where Bree was strapped in. She smiled at her father.

"You are so beautiful today, sweetheart," Justin said.

"I know, Daddy."

Brian snorted. "Bree, you're supposed to say thank you."

"Thank you, Daddy," she parroted.

"Good girl," Brian commended her.

"Do I look handsome?" Patrick asked from his seat next to Bree.

"Absolutely," John declared and Brian seconded that sentiment.

From his jump seat in the very back of the vehicle, Bobby said, "Get me out of this contraption."

To fit them all into Justin's SUV had been tricky. But with the wedding finishing around noon and five hours to fill before the reception, a lot of the family, including John and Bobby, had gone back to the loft with Brian and Justin. They were all riding together to the reception, but Bobby as the shortest, had been delegated to the jump seat.

"Come on, old man," John said as he hopped out and went to rescue his husband. Brian and Justin looked after the children.

The valet took the keys to park the vehicle, as the family made their way inside.

"I wonder if my father will show up," Justin whispered to Brian.

Brian snorted. "He fucking showed up at the wedding. I didn't think Craig Taylor had the balls to do it, but he surprised me, and in a good way, for once in his fucking life."

"Molly was really happy," Justin said.

"Where Gampa?" Bree asked. She knew that was who they were talking about.

"I don't know sweetheart," Justin told her. "He might be here."

"Don't get her hopes up," Brian admonished.

Bree frowned and looked up at her fathers. There was still something going on that she didn't really understand. She knew her Gampa had come to the wedding and had watched her be the flower girl. She smiled at that thought. She had wanted him to see her, and he had. He had told her he was very proud of her. And she was proud of herself. There were a lot more people at the wedding than there had been at the rehearsal the night before. But she remembered what Auntie Emm had told her. She pictured them all with clown noses as she walked down the aisle sprinkling her rose petals. And she hadn't been afraid. She could see her Dada standing tall near the front. He was holding Muñequita and smiling at her. She had walked all the way down without even tripping or crying or anything. And her Dada had been so proud of her. She had seen it in his face. And afterwards Daddy and Gampa and Gamma Jenn and everybody had told her what a good flower girl she had been.

She held her Daddy's hand as her Dada arranged for a suite for them all for the night. He asked the bellman to take their bag upstairs.

With that taken care of they made their way over to the elevator. They rode it up to the floor where the reception was to take place. Bree beamed happily as the elevator door opened and they all trooped out.

They walked down the hallway to one of the rooms from which they could hear a lot of noise. Outside a sign indicated that this was indeed the Taylor/Brenner wedding. Brian and Justin each took one of Bree's hands and stepped inside, followed by John and Bobby and their son.

People were milling around. They seemed to be waiting for the reception line to form up. Justin had insisted upon being there in good time in case his father didn't show up. That way he could stand beside Molly if she needed him.

^^^^^^^^

"Mother, where have you been? We're supposed to be on the receiving line," Sharon Brenner griped into her mother, Sarah Kingsley's, ear.

"Sharon dear, please keep your voice down," Sarah whispered somewhat harshly. "No need to take that tone with me. I was just finalizing my surprise for the children. I may not have an extensive art collection but I do know my artists. Now, shall we take our place on the line." Sharon gave Owen Sr. the eye then dutifully followed her mother onto the receiving line.

^^^^^^^^

"Thank you," Susan whispered as she kissed Craig's cheek. "You made Molly and Briana so happy today. What made you change your mind?" Craig shrugged as he shook his head. He didn't want to admit that it was Brian Kinney's warnings that goaded him into showing up and walking Molly down the aisle. After seeing the joy in Molly's eyes and the happiness in Justin's, Craig realized he had done the right thing. He just hoped he could handle the reception surrounded by half of Pittsburgh's homosexual population.

^^^^^^^^

"Seth, where are you?" Jennifer Taylor was hiding in the ladies room speaking on her cell phone. She had ducked in there to call her date for the day, Seth Harris. Just after the wedding, Seth had gotten a phone call from his brother who had flow into Pittsburgh Airport for a surprise visit. Seth thought he had plenty of time between the wedding and the reception to pick up his brother, drop him off at his house then meet Jennifer at the Plaza.

"There was a pile-up on the highway and I got stuck about a mile from the nearest exit. I should be there in about an hour." Seth was embarrassed as all hell.

"You're all right, aren't you?" Jennifer was concerned that Seth was involved in the accident.

"I'm fine, just feeling like an idiot. I should have told my brother to take a cab," Seth said contritely.

"You couldn't have known. Just get here and in one piece, that's all I ask. I have to go; they're starting the receiving line."

"Okay, see you soon and I promise to make it up to you."

^^^^^^^^

"Will wonders never cease!" Debbie muttered to herself as they were about to enter the reception hall.

"What are you mumbling about, Deb?" Carl asked.

"Craig Taylor finally grew some balls; it's about fucking time too."

"Deborah Jane!" Carl was about to admonish his wife. "We need to keep the peace, for Molly's sake."

"Don't worry, honey, I won't say a word to that bastard. But you can't blame me if I accidentally stomp on his toe while we're on the dance floor."

^^^^^^^^

"I wonder where they're going on their honeymoon?" Mel asked Lindsay as they were checking their coats. Gus was wearing an Armani suit that his father had chosen and Brian's favorite tailor had adjusted it to drape perfectly on the young Kinney. JR shared her step-sister's love of pink. She was wearing a lovely dress befitting a pre-teen.

"Cancun, I think that's what Justin said. For two whole weeks on the beach." Lindsay sighed with envy.

"Lindz, I swear, I already told my partners that I need some time off with my family. We can plan a real family vacation over the winter break."

"And you and me?" Not only did Lindsay want to take a vacation with their children, she and Mel deserved some time on their own.

"First with them, then just you and me," Melanie assured her wife. Lindsay smiled brightly then gave Mel a hug.

"Cut it out, Mama," JR whined. "You're embarrassing me."

Lindsay and Melanie rolled their eyes as they broke apart. They regrouped as they were about to give their congratulations to the wedding party.

^^^^^^^^

Craig took his position next to Molly in the reception line. Susan stood beside him and he beamed proudly at her. She looked as beautiful as the day he had married her. He was relieved that he had made the decision to escort Molly down the aisle. She had been so happy to see him, and everyone had been stunned by his appearance. It had been worth the price to see their faces. And the price of admission had been high. He looked around the room noting his son and Kinney holding Briana's hands as they chatted with that loud woman with the red hair. He couldn't help but scowl.

They were going to come through the reception line, and he would be forced to shake that pervert's hand. He started trying to dream up a way around that. Maybe if he picked up Briana and kissed her, he could avoid contact with Kinney. He'd have to think of something.

He looked down the line wondering where Jennifer was. She should be in position in the line by now, but she still wasn't anywhere in evidence. He had noticed her sitting with a distinguished looking man at the wedding, someone he had never seen her with before. He wondered what that was all about, but now the man seemed to be nowhere in sight. Maybe he had stood Jennifer up or they had had a fight. He knew all about fights. He smiled as Susan laid her hand on his arm. It was nice to be back on good terms with her.

Owen Sr. and Sharon joined the line along with that Kingsley woman. She was an old battleaxe if anyone deserved that title. She was also the worst kind of snooty, having come from old money. He could have done very well without her being around, but she came with the Brenner family. She never had a kind word for anyone except herself, and occasionally her daughter. He wasn't sure how Owen and Sharon put up with her all the time, but that was their problem, not his. She was the one big drawback of Molly marrying into the Brenner family.

"Nice to see you again, Sarah," Craig said plastering a smile on his face as he took Sarah Kingsley's extended hand and gave it a gentle shake.

Sarah smiled knowingly. "It was too bad you didn't manage to get to the rehearsal dinner," she said to Craig. "It was a lovely affair."

Craig heard the implied criticism of his actions. He would have liked to tell her where she could strategically place her goddam rehearsal dinner. "I'm sure it was," he replied, deciding to be as non-committal as possible, and not get into a confrontation with the new in-laws.

"I hope this affair will prove to be up to snuff," she said.

Craig felt his temper rise. He was paying for a huge chunk of this "affair" as she called it. "I'm sure Owen and Molly have made all the right decisions," Craig said, hoping that putting some of the onus for the reception on Sarah's grandson would make the old broad back off.

"Hm." Sarah turned and walked over to her position in the line, having nothing further to say to Craig Taylor.

"Well done," Susan whispered to Craig. "I thought you might smack her."

"It wasn't that I didn't want to," Craig laughed.

"I know." She gave a little chuckle of approval.

Just then a flustered looking Jennifer rushed over to the line and took her position beside Molly.

"Is everything okay, Mom?" Molly asked with a frown.

"Seth is stuck in traffic. There's some kind of an accident on the highway."

"Oh, that's too bad."

"He thinks he may be here in about an hour or so."

"There's no telling how long it'll take," Owen provided. "If there's serious injuries or a death, he could be stuck for a long time."

"Shit!" Jennifer sighed.

"Let's get started," Owen said to Emmett who had just walked over to them.

"I was about to say the same thing to you," Emmett observed with a toothy grin. "I'll get Brian and Justin to come through first, and then the bridesmaids and groomsmen."

"Okay," Molly said with a loud sigh. She really hated all this pretentious claptrap.

"Buck up, Missy," Emmett told her. "The food is going to be fabulous. It will make all this worthwhile."

"That's Mrs. Owen Brenner to you!" Molly had to smile at Emmett's enthusiasm.

Emmett hustled over to where Brian and Justin were standing. He tapped Justin on the shoulder and asked him to start making his way along the reception line. Justin signaled to Brian, and along with Bree they went to shake hands with Sarah Kingsley who was the first in the line, actually the last in the line, but no one dared tell her that. Emmett went off to round up the bridesmaids who normally might have been in the reception line. However, there were so many of them that it had been decided that they would not form part of the line. That might help speed things up a little.

Sarah cooed over Briana's dress and what a good flower girl she had made. She shook Brian's hand as Justin was moving along to Owen's parents. "A fine looking man like you should find himself a worthy young bride."

Brian almost choked at her words. He was about to tell her where she could go, when he glanced down at Bree who was looking up at them. "I already have a husband who is more than I could ever wish for," Brian said softly. He stepped past Sarah and shook hands with Owen Sr. who gave him a look of sympathy.

When Brian moved on to Sharon Brenner, Sarah leaned over to her son-in-law and whispered. "That man," she said eyeing Brian, "isn't half as smart as I thought he was. He doesn't seem to know when to use the words wife and husband. What a shame! He's so good looking."

Owen Sr. rolled his eyes to himself and tried not to laugh out loud. "Yes, mother," was all he said. He'd have to get Sharon to explain it all to her mother some time, or maybe not.

Justin arrived at his father in the reception line. He gave Susan a warm hug and held his hand out to his father. Craig took it and pulled Justin against him in a hug that had been many years in coming. Justin was stunned but he smiled as he was released from the hold. "Thanks for being here today, Dad."

"Where else would I be?" Craig asked with a small grin.

Justin couldn't believe this was actually his father, the man who had shunned him and called him names all these years.

Bree tugged at Craig's pant leg. "I do good, Gampa?" she asked.

"You did very good," Craig enthused picking her up and kissing her face.

"Very good," Susan concurred as she shook Brian's hand.

Brian glanced at Craig who still held Briana in his arms. "Come on, Bree. Your Grampa has other people to greet." He reached out and plucked Bree from Craig's arms. That done he moved on to Jennifer, still holding Bree, and successfully avoiding the need to shake Craig's hand. He would have done it for Justin and Molly, but he wasn't sure what Craig might have done when Brian extended his hand to him. Something told Brian that it was better not to find out.

"Thanks, Brian," Jennifer said softly as Brian moved over to her in the line. "One crisis averted."

Brian smiled ruefully.

Chapter 2 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

Chapter 2

^^^^^^^^

Brian immediately headed for the bar once he was through the reception line. He needed a drink. Craig Taylor had that effect on him.

Brian realized he was still carrying Bree. He deposited her on the bar, the two of them being the first into the ballroom where the reception would be held. He ordered a drink from the bartender. Justin must still be talking to his sister and Owen because he hadn't followed Brian into the room yet.

"Want a drink?" Brian asked Bree.

"I'll have what you have, Dada," Bree declared.

Brian snorted. "I don't think so, sweetheart, but how about some ginger ale before your daddy gets here?"

"'Kay," Bree giggled knowing that she normally never got soda. Her daddy usually only ever let her have juice. She liked the fizzy stuff.

Brian tossed back his scotch and ordered another one while he waited for Bree's soda. He had just handed it to her when Justin approached the bar.

"Brian?" he said, noting what Bree was now having a gulp of.

"It's a special occasion for a special little girl. She needs something harder than juice."

Justin had to laugh. "Enjoy the hard stuff now, sweetheart, because that's all you get."

Bree let out a satisfied belch, before saying, "'Kay, Daddy." She grinned happily as she held the now half full glass.

"I'll have a vodka," Justin said to the bartender.

Brian picked up his second drink and studied Justin. "You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Are you sorry your father's here?"

"Hell no! Why would you ask that?"

"You were supposed to be the one walking Molly down the aisle and standing in the reception line with her," Brian stated.

"I'm glad Dad decided to do his fatherly duties," Justin replied. He took a sip of his vodka.

"Okaay," Brian said. "Come on, Bree, let's get you down from the bar. Other people are starting to come in.

"I'm starving," Justin said.

"Me too, Daddy," Bree agreed.

Brian smiled at his two bottomless pits. "Emmett has his delicacies over here. Let's go give them a try."

They walked over to the side of the room where Emmett had trays of canapés. They were laid out very artistically with little hints of faux fur used again to continue the theme of the day.

Brian picked up one of Emmett's specialties. His pear with blue cheese in puff pastry melted in the mouth. Brian gave out an orgasmic moan as he finished his.

"I see you like my creation," Emmett said with a happy grin as he offered Brian another.

The usually very recalcitrant eater immediately accepted. He devoured the delicacy in one bite. "Shit, Emmett! These are too fucking good."

"I know. I can hardly wait until Mrs. Hoity-toity Sarah Kingsley tastes them."

"These are great too," Justin said devouring a tiny quiche that had a shrimp in the middle of it.

"Daddy," Bree said tugging on Justin's pant leg. "Hungry."

"Sorry, sweetheart, I got carried away."

"Just what I like to hear," Emmett laughed. "Let me make you a plate with a sample of all the canapés."

"That would be great, Emmett," Justin smiled. The table was starting to get surrounded with people, and he wanted to get Bree out of the way before someone pushed her or stepped on her inadvertently.

Brian snuck another pear and blue cheese canapé into his mouth. He needed to get away from the fucking table before he gained ten pounds. He went in search of another drink while Justin waited for the plate Emmett was making for them.

People began helping themselves to the hors d'oeuvres. Compliments were flying in Emmett's direction, as everyone raved about his culinary talents. The tall queen basked in his success. He had told Sean to hold back a mixed tray for the people in the reception line. He wanted Sarah Kingsley to get a taste of the best of his work.

Brian was waiting at the bar which was now packed with people. He felt a hand touch his arm and he turned to see who it was. "Stacey," he said. "How the hell are you?"

"As if you don't know," Stacy laughed. "I know you've been keeping a close eye on Kinnetik N'rgy."

"Of course I have."

"We're doing just fine, thank you very much."

"I know that too."

"I haven't been back to Pittsburgh in ages. It's good to see family and friends."

"Yeah, family and friends," Brian said skeptically.

"I mean it."

"Then why are you here talking to me?"

"You are my boss. I'm making nice."

"Is that what you're doing?" Brian snorted and then chuckled. "I'm just giving you a hard time."

"I know that too," Stacey shot back using Brian's own words.

"Can I order you a drink?" Brian asked as he finally got to the bar.

"Martini."

"Yes, ma'am."

Brian placed the order and they managed to squeeze out of the crowd at the bar, their drinks intact.

"Come on with me and let's find Justin," Brian said taking Stacey's elbow and steering her towards Justin who he could see over near the tables where they would sit for dinner.

As Brian and Stacey started through the crowd, Brian locked eyes with a distinguished looking black man. There was a flicker of recognition in the man's eyes. Brian frowned and kept on moving. He wondered who the man was, and where they might have met, but nothing came to mind.

"Justin," Stacey said as she approached Justin and Bree.

"Stacey," Justin replied giving her a big hug. "It's so good to see you again. Maybe we can catch up on what's going on with you."

"I hope we can spend a bit of time together."

"Hi, Stacey," a little voice said.

"And Miss Briana, flower girl extraordinaire," Stacey said, leaning down to kiss Bree's cheek.

"I do good."

"Yes, you did very good. Molly must have been very proud of you."

"To say nothing of her fathers," Brian added.

"That sounds like a story," Stacey laughed.

"If you have time, we can tell you," Justin chuckled. He started into the saga of Bree's practicing, gushing like the proud father he was.

Brian half listened as he looked around the room. He glimpsed the black man walking away from the bar carrying two drinks. The man gave Brian another quick look, again seeming to have some sort of recognition of who Brian was. Brian wondered is he had done business with the man at some point. It wasn't like him to forget business contacts. Even if he couldn't remember their names, he could usually remember the product. He frowned as he wracked his brain, but it was to no avail.

^^^^^^^^

"Oh excuse me," Katerina exclaimed shyly as she bumped into a handsome young man. She was trying to sample some of Emmett's delicacies but several other bridesmaids and groomsmen beat her to the buffet table. She was so nervous at being a bridesmaid, in spite of Molly's assurances, that she hadn't eaten breakfast and hardly any lunch. Katerina was very hungry and feeling rather faint.

"No, my fault," the young man stated with a slight Hispanic accent. Katerina's eyes and ears perked up. She thought she was the only Hispanic in attendance. "My name is Hector," he said as he held out his hand to shake Katerina's.

"Katerina," she replied, a little wobbly on her feet. Hector quickly assessed the situation then led Katerina to a nearby table. He stuck a soda in her hand and pushed his plate toward her. Katerina took a few sips of cola then nibbled on fruit. As her blood sugar began to rise, Katerina felt much better.

"Thank you," she said.

"I don't know what it is about America that forces all Latina to want to be like these bimbos," Hector stated, as he swept his arm at the bridesmaids.

"I beg your pardon?" Katerina was confused and did not like being compared to those women.

"You're on a diet, yes? You think you're too fat or your hair is too dark, that you're not blond."

"No, I'm not, but my youngest sister is, as well as my cousins," Katerina pointed to the bride and Justin. "And you are very rude!" Katerina stated in Spanish as she was about go back to her family. "You know nothing about me."

"Please, I'm sorry." Hector held up his hands. "You're right. Let me start all over again. Hello, my name is Hector Sanchez. I'm here with my partner, Raphael Angles. We are friends of the groom." Hector held out his hand again to Katerina. Katerina scrutinized Hector closely then lightly shook his hand.

"I am Katerina Taylor, cousin to Molly and Justin Taylor. I have been in this country for two years and I am studying to be a nurse. And I am NOT on a diet. I was so nervous about being a bridesmaid that I couldn't eat before."

"Boy, I was way off, wasn't I? People always assume things about me and my partner. I should have known better than to assume."

"Your partner?" Hector discreetly indicated Raphael. "He is very handsome. I have no partner. I have a good friend, but nursing school is very difficult and I volunteer at the clinic when I can. My friend, she just started at PIFA. We have little time to be together."

"So you're a..." Hector said softly. He recognized a kindred spirit but not everyone was out. Emmett took that moment to swing by with a tray.

"Katerina, honey, you look pale. Here, sweetie, have a few of these, you need the protein." Emmett slid about six baby quiches on her plate then whisked himself and his tray away. Katerina looked at the plate of food then at Hector. Realizing what most people would assume about Emmett, Katerina and Hector laughed.

"I am sorry that I upset you before," Hector said apologetically.

"I did not mean to snap at you, I was really very hungry and nervous. I have never been in a wedding before. And I am still learning English."

"You speak English very well. I was born here but my family speak only Spanish at home. We learned. But if you don't mind, would you tell me how you are related to the bride." Katerina ate two more baby quiches then told Hector the legend of Kinney and Patrick.

^^^^^^^^

"Owen, many congratulations of the day. But, um, can you tell me who is that pretty young woman who appears to fascinate Hector?" Raphael asked Owen Sr.

"Dr. Raph! I'm so glad to see you." Owen and Raphael shook hands. "She is a distant cousin of Molly and Justin's. She came here a couple of years ago and is studying to be a nurse." Owen explained what little he knew of Katerina. "She and Molly have become close. And several of her family are sponsoring her so that she can become a citizen."

"How long have I tended to your family's pets?" Owen appeared to be adding up many years. "Exactly. I think that earns you the right to call me Raphael, don't you?" Raphael turned his gaze back onto Katerina. "She's very pretty. She looks a lot like Molly."

"I've seen pictures of her older brother. He's almost exactly like Justin only with a darker complexion and dark hair, but he has those Taylor blue eyes."

"He must be stunning," Raphael let slip. "I hope Hector doesn't lead the poor thing on."

"Don't worry; Hector is not Katerina's type."

"Oh? Too short?"

"Too male. According to Molly, Katerina is partial to the fairer sex." Owen blushed and Raphael laughed. "Come, I'll introduce you." Owen Sr. led his friend and family vet to meet Katerina.

^^^^^^^^

"Down, Daddy." Bree began to squirm out of Justin's arms. For the moment, Bree had her fill of tasty treats and she wanted to say hello to Katerina. With Katerina so busy in school and helping at the clinic, Briana didn't see her too often. Brian and Justin watched as the little girl boldly pushed her way through the yards of satin and crinoline to get to her cousin.

When Bree reached the end of her journey, Katerina immediately placed the child on her lap and looked around for Bree's dads. Finding their gaze and their nods of approval, Katerina began to whisper simple Spanish endearments and phrases to the little girl. Bree began to parrot them back.

"Brian, you're staring. Stop it," Justin quietly admonished his partner. Justin knew that look.

"Sorry, Sunshine, but I just can't place that guy." Brian's brows began to knit together in annoyance.

"What guy?" Brian flicked his hand toward Raphael as he was being introduced to Katerina and Briana. "The younger one talking to Kat?"

"No, the older one. I know him from somewhere but I can't figure out from where."

Justin scrutinized the man a bit more. His artist's imagination allowed Justin to envision the man younger and wearing different clothing. A knowing smirk crossed Justin's lips. He decided to ease Brian's tortured mind...or not.

"Bri, how long were you the stud?" Justin asked nonchalantly. He could see the wheels turning in Brian's head. Before Brian could answer, Justin posed another question. "And in all that time, how many tricks did you do?" Brian's analytical mind began to calculate the average amount of tricks per week, multiply that by and by... Brian's eyebrows disappeared into his hairline. "Uh huh. And how many of them are memorable enough so that after all our years together as a committed couple, you still remember them?"

Brian thought hard, maybe that cop and the guy who found the lump but none of them were very memorable except for the one who never left. "I love you," Brian whispered to Justin. Justin smiled then burst out laughing. He grabbed Brian by the ears and pulled his head close so that they were nose to nose and looking cross-eyed at each other.

"You sound like Bree when she thinks she did something wrong. Bri, Pittsburgh isn't all that big. You're bound to run into an old trick or two. I'm surprised there aren't more of them here tonight, right in this room."

Justin had a firm grip on his ears so Brian couldn't turn his head. Aside from the distinguished black man, the only other former trick in the room was Ben. But Justin had a point.

"And I love you too, you big Smoosh." Justin gave Brian a loving and reassuring kiss. Brian was secure that nothing or no one could get between them.

Just then Gus walked by with two heavily laden plates in his hands.

"Jeez, Pops, get a room," Gus teased as he brought his burden to his mothers' table. Brian and Justin began giggling.

"Let's go face our past and our future, together," Justin said as he released Brian's ears, giving him one more discreet kiss. They got up to face whatever the day held for them...together.

Chapter 3 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

Chapter 3

^^^^^^^^

Justin dragged Brian through the rows of round tables looking for the one that had their names on it. They had started near the back of the room where the bar was located. Justin was making his way forward.

"We're not in the fucking front row, are we?" Brian griped.

"Of course, we are. I'm the brother of the bride."

"Shit!"

"What difference does it make where we sit?" Justin asked with a frown for his husband.

"The closer we are, the more I have to pretend to be paying attention."

Justin snorted. "You're pretty good at pretending to pay attention."

"What the fuck does that mean?" Brian demanded. He wasn't sure if that had been a compliment or a criticism.

"What do you think it means?" Justin asked as he continued to head for the row of tables closest to the lengthy head table set up at the front of the room.

"If I knew what the fuck you meant, I wouldn't have asked."

"You are so transparent," Justin told him.

"Transparent?" Brian frowned.

"Yeah, transparent."

"I'm going to have a fucking hissy fit, if you don't tell me what the hell you're driving at."

"Bri, sweetheart," Justin began in his most condescending tone. "We all know that you don't give a shit about protocol and social niceties."

"So?" Brian questioned. It wasn't like Justin to state the obvious.

"So, if we sat you at the back of the room, you'd be slipping out at every opportunity. In fact, you might never return."

"So?" Brian repeated.

Justin chuckled. "This is my sister's wedding. I have to be here for her. And I want you here with me."

"Are you saying that you asked to be seated at the front of the room … to hold me captive?" Brian asked in disbelief. He didn't think Justin would betray him like that.

"Of course not, you big smoosh."

"Okay," Brian said, slightly mollified.

"I could never hold you prisoner. You do that voluntarily for me … most of the time," Justin said with a laugh. "But when Emmett suggested this seating arrangement and Molly approved, I did agree. I thought it would … um … reduce the temptations for you." Justin stopped at one of about six tables that bordered the hardwood dance floor which separated the raised head table from the rest of the guests. Off to the side of the dance floor was another raised area that contained the DJ's equipment and a microphone on a stand.

"Asshole," Brian stated with a grin of understanding and admiration for his husband.

"I have to protect my interests," Justin said with his beatific smile.

"And I hope I'm included in those interests."

"You're number one, big guy, right along with Briana."

"Well, I guess that makes it … better," Brian admitted grudgingly.

"And I'll make it much better for you at the end of the evening," Justin said with a wink.

"Is that a promise?" Justin nodded. "So, what was this about me pretending to pay attention?"

Justin sighed. "You're so crafty, Brian Kinney. I know that you pay attention even when you look like you're not. I learned that a long time ago."

"You did, huh?" Brian asked, crossing his arms on his chest and smirking at Justin.

"I've always told you that I was onto you," Justin laughed. "And I am."

"If I'm paying so much attention, then why do I need to pretend to pay attention?" Brian asked. He wanted to get this straight.

"You don't need to. But sometimes you find it effective to show interest. Most of the time though, you find it more effective to pretend that you're not interested. Then people say and do things that they would not do if they knew you were watching," Justin explained.

"And what good is there in my doing this?" Brian asked smugly, not denying that that was exactly what he did.

"I've always known that you were an excellent judge of character, except maybe for one or two little slips."

"Really?" Brian asked. He'd have to find out what were the one or two slips Justin was talking about. But that could wait until later.

"That supposed lack of interest lets you learn lots of things."

Brian snorted. "You make me sound like a master of deception."

"You are … or rather you were. I think, these days, you find it a lot less necessary to carry on your deceptions."

"That's what you think, is it?"

"Yep." Justin nodded his head in affirmation.

"Shit! I thought I still had a few secrets."

"Not from me, you big Smoosh," Justin giggled.

"That sounded like a capital 'S'." Brian observed.

"It was."

"And a little while ago, it was a small 's'."

"Right," Justin smiled. "See how much you pay attention."

"Even when you might think I'm not," Brian stated.

"Even when others might think you're not. Me, I know differently."

"Yes, you do," Brian admitted with a grin. "I guess I'll have to be happy sitting in the front row … as long as it's with you."

"Or you can pretend to be happy," Justin chuckled. "Here we are … front row center."

Brian looked at the name card that said "Justin Taylor" handwritten in a fancy style of calligraphy. The ink was the palest blue on a silky white stiff paper. Across the top of the card was a row of fur that matched the fur on the neckline of Molly's gown.

"That isn't real fur, is it?" Brian asked.

Justin chuckled and shook his head. "Emm had a devil of a time finding faux fur that would look so much like what's on Molly's dress, but he pulled it off."

"Not bad," Brian agreed, picking up the card that held his own name. He touched the fur to make sure it wasn't real.

"Attention to detail, that's Emm's forte."

"Absolutely," Brian said, as he snagged another one of the pear and blue cheese puffs as a waiter went by with a tray of them.

"You won't have any room left for dinner," Justin groaned.

"This can be dinner as far as I'm concerned," Brian stated. He took a big bite out of the canapé. "These have to be the best thing that big fairy ever created."

"This big fairy will take that compliment," Emmett grinned, as he approached his two friends.

"Brian has eaten at least a dozen of those things," Justin explained.

"No! Brian Kinney who never eats carbs after seven?" Emmett exclaimed.

"It's only quarter to seven," Brian said smugly looking at his watch.

Emmett smiled. "I'm glad you like them so much. Even that old battleaxe, Sarah Kingsley, has been scarfing them down."

"I hope she appreciates just what a great chef you are," Justin stated adamantly.

"I don't expect to hear that from her lips. She's too sly and too mean to say something like that openly. But I do relish seeing her snatch canapés whenever they go by. It means she really likes them."

"You deserve a lot of credit, Emmett," Justin said sincerely.

"Thank, sweetie. And so does someone else who helped out when he was needed." Emmett looked meaningfully at Brian.

"Would you go check on your minions or bake some of these," Brian said downing the rest of the puff pastry as he shooed Emmett away.

"I think Emm's onto you too," Justin chuckled.

"Let me keep a few of my delusions, will you?" Brian sighed.

"Sure, big guy. Let's go find our daughter before she talks Katerina's ear off."

Brian put his hand in the small of Justin's back, so that he had contact with his husband as they made their way back through the tables.

^^^^^^^^

Bree was happily sitting on her Auntie Kat's lap and while she wasn't the whole center of attention, Bree relished in being included, every once in a while, in the adults' conversation. The nice Mr.Owen had brought a big man over to introduce to Auntie Kat, Bree was so pleased when the big man bowed to Bree and Katerina and kissed their hands. Bree had a hard time pronouncing the big man's name but he said it was okay to call him Raph. Raph seemed to be a very good friend to Mr. Hector. Mr. Hector seemed to be making friends with Katerina.

For the most part the conversation was light. Mr.Owen was congratulated again. The bride and groom were complimented as well as Katerina and, of course, Bree. That pleased Briana to no end. Bree sat back against her auntie, smiling one of her sunniest and watching.

"Owen, how is Miss Tiffany doing?" Hector asked as Raphael pulled up a chair and sat next to him.

"Much better, now that she has grown accustomed to her new diet," Owen Sr. replied.

"Good, I had a devil of a time researching that one. Those diets are not in your standard dog books," Hector commented, and Katerina's eyes grew wide. She thought they were talking about a person or a sick child.

"Excuse me?" Katerina turned to Hector for a little help. How does one translate 'teacup poodle'? Hector quickly fired off an explanation which made Katerina giggle and blush.

"Hector! Are you saying mean things about poor little Miss Tiffany?" Raphael admonished his partner in all things. Raphael had a gleam in his eyes. The elder Owen groaned pitifully.

"You're not going to let that one go, are you?" Both Raphael and Hector shook their heads and valiantly attempted not to laugh. They failed. Owen sighed loudly then began his explanation for Katerina and Bree.

"You see, my mother-in-law adores unique and special things..."

"Like my Daddy's paintings?" Bree asked. You couldn't get any more unique or special than his paintings.

"Yes, something like that. However, she wanted something to keep her company, so Sarah got a 'teacup poodle.' It's a very tiny dog that can fit in the palm of your hand." Owen held out his hand to demonstrate for Bree and Kat. Bree's mind went off to the races as she held her hand out and then thought about Beau.

"Well, Miss Tiffany, that's the dog's name..." Raphael and Hector snickered, Owen shot them a look. "Miss Tiffany became ill so I took her to our family veterinarian, Dr. Raphael Angles, and his trusty vet tech, Hector Sanchez. They made her all better." Owen sat back and crossed his arms on his chest, the universal sign that one has spoken and daring anyone to defy one.

"I think you're forgetting one important detail," Hector stated, taking the bull by the horns.

"I don't believe so," Owen remarked casually.

"Katerina, when Owen came into our office he was very upset. The little dog was having trouble eating and, well, um, you're studying to be a nurse. You know what goes in must come out. The little thing was experiencing a blockage. Owen came rushing into the office, speaking very fast, and we had no idea where the dog was." Raphael then took over the tale.

"We finally got Owen calm and we asked him where was the dog? We have been known to make house calls. I thought perhaps little Miss Tiffany was home and Owen wanted me to go out to see her. Owen stopped for a moment then began to pat himself down." Raphael demonstrated for Katerina and Bree. "He put his hand in his pocket..."

At that point, Hector and Raphael couldn't hold back their laughter. Owen took over the story again.

"I had put the pup in my pocket to keep her safe as I drove to their office. It was the only place I could think of. I didn't want to put her in a box. She might have gotten hurt or scared. But I forgot which pocket I had her in." By now Hector and Raph were laughing like hyenas. "Anyway, when I took her out of my pocket she had made a little 'mess.'" The laughing grew louder.

^^^^^^^^

"Looks like the Squirt is having fun without us, Sunshine," Brian snarked as they approached the table.

"Hmm," Justin snorted.

"Dada!" Bree said loudly as she raised up her arms for Brian to take her. "Mr. Owen's 'motherlaw' has a cup puppy that pooped in his pocket!" When the snickering stopped, Owen made the introductions.

"Raphael, Hector, this is Justin Taylor, brother of the bride." Hector and Raphael stood up to shake Justin's hand. Both were impressed by Justin in more ways than one. Brian arched a suspicious brow.

"And his partner, Brian...."

"Kinney!" Both Raphael and Hector said together. Owen was pleased that not all of the guests were complete strangers to each other.

"So you know Brian," Owen said innocently. "Damn, I'm getting the eye from Sharon, excuse me." Owen rushed off to mingle with more guests leaving Brian and Justin squaring off with Raphael and Hector. Owen didn't hear their remarks.

"By reputation only," growled Hector.

"Only in the Biblical sense," snarked Raphael.

"Shit," Justin exclaimed.

"Shit!" Bree mimicked.

Not totally understanding what was happening, but sensing something wasn't completely right, Katerina took Bree out of Brian's arms.

"Briana, lets go talk to Gus."

"Yay!" Bree loved her big brother. Katerina hustled Bree over to Gus.

^^^^^^^^

"Brian Kinney," Brian stated with dignity and authority as he held out his hand to Raphael.

"Raphael Angles." Raph shook Brian's hand. "And my partner, Hector." Brian and Hector nodded at each other, then both received a nudge from their respective partners. They then shook hands.

"Well, this is awkward," Hector grumbled.

"Don't let it be," Brian began, never afraid to go where angels feared to tread. "We're all grown up now. Don't let whatever you might have heard about me or known," Brian looked Raph in the eyes, "mar Molly and Owen's day. That Brian doesn't exist anymore. This Brian is in a committed relationship..."

Justin's eyes grew misty as he heard and listened to his lover. Brian proudly said the 'R' word and in front of people. Justin sidled closer, allowing Brian to pull him in.

"And has been for a very long time. We have children and live very ordinary lives. I'm not apologizing for what I was but it's irrelevant now."

"How long have you been committed?" Hector asked softly.

"We had our commitment ceremony over six years ago but we've been exclusive for more than ten," Justin said proudly.

"I read about your ceremony," Raph stated. "It was big news in certain circles. It was before I met Hector and I was establishing my own practice. I thought it was a shame. The Brian Kinney, settling down, impossible. A man like you couldn't change."

"I had a lot of incentive," Brian stated indicating Justin and his family. Raphael and Hector nodded as their hands touched and fingers entwined. "Besides, I have met my match in all things. I have no need for anyone else." Brian leaned closer to Justin and softly kissed his temple. Justin couldn't help but give Brian his sunshine smile.

"Let's enjoy the evening, gentlemen, and celebrate the commitment," Brian said as he extended his hand to Raph. The four men exchanged handshakes before Brian and Justin returned to their table.

Brian slung his arm around Justin's shoulder, pulling the shorter man into him. He leaned down to kiss the side of Justin's head. Before Brian released his grip, he imparted some words of wisdom to his smartass spouse. "Justin, don't call me sweetheart," Brian growled, proving Justin's point that, Brian the master of deception was indeed paying attention. Justin giggled.

Chapter 4 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

Chapter 4

^^^^^^^^

The cocktail hour was winding down, Emmett's minions, under the strict eyes of Emmett and Sean, were discreetly shifting and tidying up tables for dinner. The rolling bar was pushed back out of the way and yet still available to the guests. As per Sharon Brenner's request, special three-tiered platters were on each table filled with Emmett's canapés. Sarah Kingsley had one all to herself.

Place settings were set, water glasses filled and dainty elegant salads appeared at each setting. Molly had won a minor victory regarding the choice of dressing. Sharon had insisted on something fruity. Molly wanted something light and not too overpowering. So over a selection of crisp colorful greens, a light balsamic vinaigrette was drizzled.

"Fuck them all," Molly muttered to herself as she plastered an ear to ear smile on her face. "Fuck them all."

"What did you say, honey?" Owen, the new husband, asked his bride as he guided her towards the head table.

"Nothing, just admiring the table decor," Molly said sweetly. Owen was not quite convinced.

^^^^^^^^

The DJ was making himself comfortable in his corner. He had instructions to keep the music romantic and muted but not enough to put the guests to sleep during the dinner. After the first dance, Benny had liberty to play whatever he wanted as long as most of the selections included what Molly and Emmett had chosen. It was a selection of music that spanned several generations. They wanted everyone to find something familiar to dance to.

"Carl, why does that DJ look so familiar?" Debbie asked.

"That's Benny from the club. Emmett wanted to hire the best and Benny is one of the best."

"And Brian agreed?"

"Sweetheart, do you really think Brian could refuse Molly Taylor?" Debbie and Carl directed their gaze over to Brian. He was standing amidst Molly, Justin, Jennifer, and holding Bree. He was the tall brunette head among his blond Taylors. And apparently proud of it.

"Nope!" they both said at the same time, then dug into their salads.

^^^^^^^^

Brian and his Taylors, minus the bride, went to their table to begin dinner. Emmett had booster seats ready for the younger members of the guests and family. Brian smoothed out Briana's dress around her so she looked like a princess upon her throne.

"Thank you, Dada!" Bree said as Brian tied the large napkin around her to protect her dress.

"You are most welcome, Squirt."

^^^^^^^^

"Gus," JR leaned into her brother to whisper in his ear. "I think those girls over there are making goo goo eyes at you." Gus rolled his eyes but snuck a peek at the aforementioned young ladies.

Through the veil of his eyelashes, Gus could see some young debutantes giggling and looking at him. Gus groaned then snatched a piece of tomato off of JR's plate and popped it into his mouth.

"Hey, Lindz, I think Gus may have some admirers," Mel said smugly.

"He may not look at it that way," Lindsay replied.

"You really think our son inherited the gay gene?"

"Yes, I do. So please don't push him. He should make his own choices."

"Whatever you say, Lindsay."

^^^^^^^^

"He's cute," Diana said to her cousin, Marcy.

"Yes, but his mother is a dyke. Both his mothers are dykes," Marcy replied smugly and with the disdain she had learned from her parents.

"So, what difference does that make? People are just people."

"Oh really, well my father said that his mother faked evidence and made my father lose his case. You can't trust a dyke," Marcy spat.

"Maybe if your father hadn't cheated in the first place, he wouldn't have lost his case," Diana stated then took a sip of her soda. She shuffled her chair as far away from her cousin as she could.

^^^^^^^^

"Seth, where are you?" Jennifer slipped into the ladies room again to call her missing date for the night.

"Damn, I am so sorry. I got a flat. When I tried to fix it, the crowbar slipped and nicked my arm. I had to wait for the auto club to come fix my car and he suggested I get a tetanus shot. I'm still at the hospital. As soon as I'm seen, I'll go home and change then head on over. What have I missed?"

"The cocktail hour and we're about to have the salad and the main course." Jennifer was so disappointed.

"I promise to be there for the dessert," Seth said.

"I'll hold you to that."

"Jennifer, I am sorry. I'm not handling our first date very well, am I?"

"No worse than other dates I've had. You just get your arm taken care of and then get here."

"I will. Bye."

"Bye." Jennifer went back to her table.

"Where's Seth?" Justin asked his mother when she returned.

"Long story," Jennifer stated as she took a sip of water and ate her salad.

^^^^^^^^

"Looks like Jennifer has been stood up," Craig said to Susan.

"I hope not. Seth Harris seemed like a nice man."

"What do you know about him?"

"Not much, other than Jennifer handled the sale of his building to Emmett."

"Hmm, that's a prime piece of property. She must have made a nice commission on that one."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," Craig sneered then finished his salad.

^^^^^^^^

"Ma, why are we all sitting together on this side," Michael asked Debbie.

"Because sometimes the bride likes to group people who know one another together. I've been to weddings where they like to mix strangers together thinking that everyone will get to know each other. But that never works. I was bored out of my mind. I sat all night with some pompous old biddies who hated that I liked to have a glass of wine."

"Or two," Carl added.

"And that I like to dance," Debbie said.

"A lot. She organized the husbands into a conga line. Needless to say the ladies were not pleased."

"Well I can't help it if the men wanted to dance and the ladies didn't. Maybe if they loosened up a little, they wouldn't have looked so dour. I'm just so glad that my Carl likes to dance." Debbie smiled appreciatively at her husband.

"Anything for you, babe." Carl beamed back.

^^^^^^^^

"Drewsie, honey, I'm sorry I haven't been spending any time with you," Emmett said apologetically as he stood by their table.

"Emmett, I'm fine. Teddy and Allen are keeping me company. I know you must do what you have to do. But Babe, let Sean do his job. You have time to sit and eat your salad with us, don't you?" Drew pleaded with his partner.

Ted and Drew each took an arm to make Emmett sit. As Ted took a napkin and draped it across his friend's lap, Drew stuck the salad fork in Emmett's hand.

"Eat!" they both commanded. Emmett smiled contritely and began to eat.

^^^^^^^^

Bree was picking at her salad. Mostly she was pushing the greens around her plate. She had tasted one of them and found it bitter, not at all like the salads her daddy made her at home.

"What's the matter, Squirt?" Brian asked as he observed her actions.

"Don't like it," she told him.

"No? Is the dressing too strong?"

Bree shook her head. She kind of liked the dressing. "Tastes bad."

Brian studied the plate. Maybe it was the arugula or the dandelion leaves or some of the other strange greens that Emmett had come up with. Brian was quite enjoying his salad, but it wasn't the kind of thing that children would probably take to.

"How be we have a lesson in etiquette?" Brian asked her.

Justin snorted.

"What?" Brian demanded. "I know etiquette."

"I know you do, but mostly you choose not to use it."

"Are you trying to piss me off?" Brian asked. "Everything I say tonight, you tell me I only use it when it suits me. I can't possibly be as bad as you let on or why the fuck are you here with me."

Justin was immediately sorry. "Brian, I'm really, really sorry. I … I'm just in kind of a funny mood. I can't believe that Dad actually came to the wedding, and there he is over there staring at us. He hasn't run from the room with his hands over his eyes. And I'm getting nervous. Do you think he's plotting something, something to sabotage the reception?"

"Why would he do that?" Brian asked.

"I don't know, but I'm worried, so I pick on you."

Brian smiled. "I'm strong enough to handle it. Pick away."

Justin smiled back. "I'll try not to," he promised.

"Dada, tetiquette," Bree said, having waited patiently for her fathers to finish their discussion. It was something about Gampa, but she hadn't quite figured out what. She wasn't sure what sabbertawge was.

"Okay, Squirt," Brian said turning his attention to Bree. "If you get some food that you don't like, you don't want to make a scene about it, especially at such a lovely affair as this."

Justin snorted again, unable to control his reaction. He knew how much Brian detested these exact kinds of affairs.

Brian gave him a look before continuing. "What you do is take a very small taste of each of the things on your plate. For example, you might like this." He speared a small bit of bib lettuce and held it out to Bree.

"Do I have to?" Bree asked with a frown.

"No, but I thought you wanted to learn etiquette."

"I learn tetiquette," Bree declared, and pulled Brian's hand towards her mouth where she bit off the piece of lettuce. She chewed thoughtfully for a moment. "Good!"

"See," Brian smiled. "There are often some parts of what tastes bad that can taste quite good."

"That sounds like a philosophy of life," Justin observed. He was thinking about the wedding. It was a great day for Molly but the bad part was still his father, and the uncertainty he brought with him to the reception.

"It is," Brian stated. "Try this, Bree, but just a tiny bit."

Bree took the small piece of arugula off Brian's fork. "Bad!" she declared.

"Then you remember what it looked like and you leave those pieces on your plate. Can you do that?"

"Yes, Dada." Bree picked up her own fork and started testing the other greens on her plate. She ate all the bib lettuce and most of the spinach. The arugula and dandelions and some other unidentified greens she left to the side of the plate. When she had done that she carefully set her fork down on the side of her salad plate just like her Daddy had done.

"Excellent, sweetheart," Jennifer said, having watched the whole production. She never ceased to be amazed at Brian Kinney the father. He had not only taught Bree a valuable lesson about eating in social situations, he had kept her occupied when she might have got cranky or whiny because she didn't like the food. He was pretty amazing. Her granddaughter had two very smart and caring parents. She felt tears well up at that realization.

^^^^^^^^

"Are you practicing your etiquette too?" Bobby asked Patrick, as his son picked through the greens on his salad plate and then carefully laid his fork down on the rim of the plate. He was copying what Brian had told Bree.

"Yes, Poppa," Patrick replied solemnly.

"You did very well," Brian told the boy. He was happy to have taught the little ones something valuable for later in life. John winked at Brian from across the table.

"Mom, he'll be here," Justin said, as he watched his mother look sadly at the empty chair beside her.

"I know," Jennifer sighed. "He's doing his best to get here."

"He won't let you down," Brian added, deciding that if Seth Harris didn't show up at the fucking reception, he would receive a rather unpleasant visit from Brian Kinney the next day. After all, Brian had orchestrated the whole dating fiasco for the two of them.

"I just wish I didn't have to sit beside this empty chair. I can feel Craig gloating from across the room," Jennifer said.

"Want me to move over there?" Justin asked.

"Of course not, sweetheart. I'm fine."

Everyone knew Jennifer was far from fine, but there was little they could do about it.

At that moment everyone began tapping their water glasses to get the bride and groom to stand up and kiss.

"Fuck!" Molly griped. "I was hoping they wouldn't do that."

"Don't you want to kiss me?" Owen asked.

"I love kissing you, but I like doing it when I want to do it, not when they order me to." Molly gestured at the assembled masses.

"Let's pretend we're on our honeymoon," Owen suggested with a waggle of his eyebrows.

"You shouldn't say things like that without thinking about the possible repercussions," Molly warned as she stood up. She grabbed Owen's lapels and pulled him into a kiss that sizzled and went on and on, until they were both breathless. "Maybe that will keep them satisfied for a while," Molly said with a satisfied look on her face as she sat back down.

Owen looked stunned, and remained standing, until Molly pulled him back down into his chair. The waiters began removing the salad plates.

"It's all right, Owen. That was just a taste of things to come."

"I know," Owen said uncertainly. Maybe he didn't know Molly Taylor Brenner as well as he thought he did.

"Poppa," Patrick whispered to his father. "I hafta pee."

"Okay," Bobby acknowledged his son's predicament. He was in a similar situation. "John, Lil Red and I are going to the men's room. We'll be right back." John nodded. He was going to have to go soon too.

Waiters were floating about the room, meandering in and out of the guests, removing salad plates, refilling water glasses and placing carafes of a variety of wines on each table. Since Molly and Owen chose a Winter wedding, Emmett thought soup would be a nice next course. Working in pairs, the first waiter placed a soup dish on each place setting then the second waiter filled it from large tureens. Tortellini soup, garnished with fresh herbs and freshly grated Romano cheese.

"Mmm! Dada, I like this soup. Gamma Debbie makes this!" Bree exclaimed. She required no lessons in etiquette to enjoy this course. Brian readily agreed. This was comfort food for him.

^^^^^^^^

"Ma, this soup!"

"Why that sneaky little bugger," Debbie groused then laughed. "Well, that's one way of getting us to enjoy ourselves." The Liberty Avenue table laughed as they really enjoyed their soup.

^^^^^^^^

"Dad!" Patrick excitedly addressed his dad when he returned from the rest room. "You should check out the bathroom. There's a guy in there to give you towels and soap and cream and fancy smelly stuff! Smell me." Patrick craned his neck so John could take a whiff. Bobby had a mischievous grin on his face.

"Oh my! You smell very manly, Patrick," John commented, winking at his spouse.

"You really should check it out, John," Bobby said.

"Don't mind if I do. Excuse me all." John stood up to 'check' out the men's room.

As John strolled toward the men's room, Bree wanted to know what Patrick smelled like.

"Paaatwick, can I smell you?" Bree coyly batted her lashes at Patrick.

"Sure," Patrick said as he got down from his chair to go to Bree's side of the table. "Smell." Bree stuck her nose on Patrick's neck and took a big sniff. She promptly sneezed.

"Sorwwy, Patrick."

"Yeah, yeah. Yuck," Patrick grumbled, as he went back to his own seat to eat his soup, swiping at his neck.

Chapter 5 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

Chapter 5

^^^^^^^^

"Brian!" Teddy began, he was very agitated.

"What is it, Schmidt?" Brian raised an annoyed brow.

"John's in trouble," Ted hastily explained. Brian immediately stood up as well as Bobby.

"Bri?" Justin began.

"Stay with the kids," Brian answered quickly, then took off out of the reception hall with Ted and Bobby in tow. Seeing their friends rushing out, Ben, Drew and Allen followed.

"Take your hands off of me!" They could hear John's voice coming from the men's room.

"What's the matter with you, Kinney? Dick whipped? Come on, Kinney, let's see that infamous snake of yours. It's been what, ten, fifteen years? You are still one fucking hot bastard. And that snow on the roof makes you even hotter."

John was doing his best to fight off the bathroom attendant without resorting to violence when Brian, Bobby, et al pushed through the door. Seeing his man being accosted, Bobby jumped in and was about to take a swing at the guy with his pitching arm.

"Whoa! Easy there, counselor." Drew put himself in between the fiery red head and the idiot who had mistaken John for Brian. "Take your hubby back to your son. This is obviously a case of mistaken identity. We'll set this joker straight."

Ted and Allen led John and Bobby back to the reception, taking it slow so that they could get themselves under control and their clothing smoothed out. The hapless bathroom attendant found himself surrounded by three very large, angry homos including the real Brian Kinney. He apologized profusely, begging Brian not to get him fired, promising to behave until his relief came to take over. Satisfied, the friends went back to the reception.

^^^^^^^^

"What happened, Daddy?" Patrick asked as he saw John appear near their table. He slid off his chair and ran over to his father to hug him around the waist.

"I'm fine," John stated ruffling his son's hair.

"Good, Unca John," Bree said also making her way to John for a hug of her own.

They all sat down and Ted and Allen went back to their table.

"What happened?" Justin asked.

"Um … It was nothing," John said.

"It was something," Bobby corrected him.

"I'll explain later," John said quickly, eyeing the children.

Justin got the message. "Where's Brian?" he asked.

"He's still in the restroom," Bobby supplied. "He should be back soon."

"Maybe I better go make sure everything's all right," Justin said, standing up.

"I'm sure Brian's fine," Jennifer said reassuringly.

"I want to see that for myself," Justin declared.

"Justin, I don't think Brian…" John began.

"I'm going," Justin said in a tone that meant his decision was non-negotiable. "Keep an eye on Bree."

"I come too, Daddy," Bree stated.

"No, sweetheart, you stay with Grandma, and your Dada and I will be back soon."

Bree frowned, but her Daddy didn't sound like he was going to let her go with him. "'Kay," she said.

Justin hurried through the room, dodging waiters carrying the large trays of main course dishes. He left the ballroom and walked briskly along the hallway to the restrooms. As he neared them, the door to the men's room opened and out came a man looking rather downcast. He was dressed like an attendant would be, but he scurried away down the hall refusing to even meet Justin's gaze. Immediately Ben, Drew and Brian also exited the restroom.

"Brian?" Justin said wanting to know what had been going on.

"We better get back to our tables," Ben said quickly. He and Drew hustled off towards the ballroom.

"What's going on?" Justin asked.

"This must be my day for former tricks," Brian said as he opened his arms allowing Justin to walk into a hug.

"Another one?" Justin groaned.

"It's not safe to take me out in polite company," Brian sighed.

"I can take you anywhere, big guy. You know that, don't you?" Justin told him, smiling up at Brian. "So what happened?"

"John went into the restroom, and that fucking attendant that I guess I'd done somewhere along the line, thought John was me. He started hassling John, so Ted came to get me."

"What? He wanted to fuck you … I mean, John."

Brian nodded. "We set him … straight in a hurry."

"Good, but … um … are there going to be any more instances like this?"

"How the fuck should I know?"

"I guess it's to be expected when you've slept with most of Pittsburgh," Justin sighed.

"Only the male half," Brian tried to joke. He gave Justin a tighter squeeze.

"They keep coming out of the woodwork."

"I guess I could get a disguise," Brian suggested with his tongue in his cheek.

"And just who do you think you would be deceiving with that?"

"Former tricks, of course," Brian replied with a frown. It wasn't like Justin to be dense.

"And what are the other guests going to think when I reappear with a different man on my arm?" Justin chuckled.

"They'll think you've finally come to your senses."

"I've had my senses all along, thank you very much."

Brian had to smile at that. "I suppose we should get back to our daughter and the other socially acceptable guests and former tricks."

Justin groaned loudly. "Yes, we should." He reached up and kissed Brian softly and sweetly. "Just remember who you're going home with."

"As if there's any doubt." Brian placed his arm around Justin's waist. They began their walk back down the hallway to the ballroom. They were staring into each other's eyes, wishing that the fucking reception was already over. It was all Justin could do to refrain from asking Brian to take him back to the restroom and fuck him. Finally they let go of each other and entered the ballroom.

Craig Taylor stepped out of the alcove where he had been standing watching his son and Kinney. "Fucking pervert!" he muttered. He had come out of the ballroom to see what was going on when Justin had left so hastily. He was hoping something was wrong with Brian, but instead he had found them in each other's arms standing in the hallway.

There truly was no justice in the world, he decided. Kinney got to have his perverted family, and had the sweetest little girl as his daughter. Craig's family was in a shambles, and all he had tried to do was stand up for what he believed was right. At least he and Susan had made up since he had come to the wedding and walked Molly down the aisle. He decided he better get back to Susan before he screwed that up too. With a shake of his head he went back into the ballroom.

^^^^^^^^

The remains of the soup had vanished and a new place setting mysteriously appeared as Brian and Justin sat down. Feeling the tension, Bree raised her arms for her Dada to lift her from her seat.

"Bree, we're going to have dinner soon," Brian softly explained to his daughter.

"Please, Dada," Bree batted her eyes at Brian. Brian sighed; he could never resist those Taylor eyes.

"Only for a little while," Brian said as he lifted Bree from her seat and sat her on his lap. "When dinner comes, you go back to your own chair."

"Yes, Dada."

Briana absentmindedly played with Brian's cufflinks as she gently patted his hand and arms. Brian found her gentle touch soothing and the tension began to slip away. Justin subtly leaned up against his partner, offering his silent comfort. The Taylor contingent of the Taylor/Kinney family had rallied.

Brian took a chance and raised his embarrassed eyes toward his brother and brother-in-law. 'I'm sorry,' Brian mouthed to them both, taking full responsibility for the incident. John shrugged it off. He had gotten accustomed to the ribbing and the offers when he was working on the clinic project. Bobby, on the other hand...

Bobby had chosen chicken breast medallions, arranged in concentric circles on a plate. Colorful root vegetables also cut into medallions garnished the plate as well as complimented the grilled fowl. Bobby took one bite, put his utensils down, threw his napkin on the table then stormed out of the ballroom. John immediately stood up to follow.

"I'll go." With one swoop, Brian placed Bree on Justin's lap then followed his angry red-headed brother-in-law out.

"Red, wait up!" Brian sprinted toward Bobby who was at the nearest elevator punching buttons. "Bobby, please, I'm sorry." The doors opened and they stepped inside. Bobby slapped the emergency stop button.

"Like that's supposed to change anything!" Bobby turned, angrily facing off with the taller man. "Do you think this is a joke? My partner, my husband, can't go anywhere in this city without some fag hitting on him thinking he's you. I don't know how he puts up with it. What is it about you, Kinney, besides the obvious? You're an arrogant son of a bitch. You're inconsiderate, vainer than the highest paid model and...GOD...if I didn't love you so much like a brother, I'd beat you senseless."

"Bobby, I love you and John, I would never do..."

"I know you wouldn't, you couldn't, you big fuck! You'd die before you'd let anyone hurt any of us. Jeez, Bri, when will it end?"

Brian dared to look into the grey blue eyes of his brother-in-law. He gently swiped a red lock away from his face.

"Do you want out?"

"What?"

"Do you want out? Out of the cottage. Separate yourself, your family from me. Justin was weaned on me as the asshole. He's learned to look away, to ignore the looks I get. The ones he doesn't are the ones we discuss and I make up for."

"Yeah, I've witnessed the way you make up," Bobby snorted.

"You're right. You shouldn't have to put up with this shit. What do you want me to do?"

"Nothing. I love my life at the cottage. Our lives, the six of us and the hundreds of family members that insist on barging in at any time on any day. Hell, my life has never been this exciting until I met you and John. Now I know why Justin eats so much; he needs the energy to keep up with it all."

"Red, I'll take out a two-page spread in the papers stating I don't do tricks anymore and that John Anderson is so not Brian Kinney."

"Don't bother; no one would ever believe it."

"You still want to beat me senseless?"

"Yeah, but I'll let Justin do it for me. He's had more practice at it."

"That he has. Bobby, I mean it, I'll do anything to make you feel safe, to make John and little Red feel safe."

"I know that, big guy. I overreacted. John once told me that it's an awesome responsibility to be Brian Kinney. I don't envy Justin. He's a stronger man than I am."

"You're just as strong as he is. He's just learned to ignore it."

"Must be the red hair; I can't back down."

"I envy my brother. You must be sizzling in the sack." Brian waggled his eyebrows at Bobby, making the redhead laugh out loud. Bobby started up the elevator. They got off at the next floor then walked back up to the ballroom.

"Damn, I hate cold chicken," Bobby said sadly. Brian slung his arm across Bobby's shoulder.

"No problem, I'll order you a fresh plate," Brian said confidently.

"Yeah?" Bobby looked up and smiled.

"Sure, I got connections. Me and the chef are just like that," Brian said as he held up two crossed fingers.

Bobby was still giggling as he sat down and a fresh plate of the succulent dinner was placed in front of him.

"Are you okay?" Justin asked his spouse.

"Yeah, we're good," Brian answered as he kissed Justin's temple. "But I think we should reconsider me wearing that disguise." A fresh dinner plate magically appeared in front of Brian. He wisely placed his napkin on his lap and quietly ate dinner.

^^^^^^^^

"What do you think that was all about? I hope it has nothing to do with the entree." Sarah leaned over to Sharon to discreetly whisper into her daughter's ear.

"No, probably had gotten cold while they were out in the hall," Sharon offered her mother a logical explanation.

"I wonder why they were gone for so long?"

"Who knows, it was probably business. The red-headed man is a lawyer."

"Really? Good looking, young and successful. I wonder if I should introduce him to Cecily? You know, since she got her divorce, she's been hanging around all these strange women and wearing the most awful masculine looking clothes. I think she needs a new man in her life," Sarah commented innocently.

"Uh, mother, I think we should let Cecily figure this one out all by herself. Wouldn't want her to think we were trying to interfere, now would we?"

"Maybe you're right. These young women, nowadays, too assertive for my taste. Speaking of taste, dear, can you pass me another one of the pear and blue cheese canapes. I can't seem to stop eating them."

"Of course, mother, enjoy," Sharon said, as she slid the three tiered dish closer to her mother.

Sarah smiled brightly as she bit into the treat. Sharon wondered if Bobby Morrison realized what a narrow escape he just had.

^^^^^^^^

Bree was eating her main course diligently following her Dada's instructions. She took a small bite of each root vegetable, deciding that she liked the yams and roasted potatoes. Some of the other stuff she wasn't sure about. She had never had it before. She ate a carrot knowing that was safe. She jabbed a white circular piece of vegetable. Holding it up, she examined it carefully.

"What this?" she asked.

"It's parsnip, sweetheart," Jennifer told her. "Try it. You might like it."

Bree took a tentative bite. It was slightly sweet, but she wasn't too sure about the texture. She continued chewing on it, deciding that it was definitely not something she liked a lot, but it wasn't terrible either. She took another piece of carrot. Those she did like. Next she spied a pale yellow vegetable cut in wedges. She skewered a piece with her fork.

"What this?" she asked.

"That's rutabaga," Justin told her.

"Rubabeggar?" Bree asked, as she giggled. "That's funny, Daddy."

"Are you going to taste it or just look at it?" Justin asked.

"I try it," she decided and popped it into her mouth. She was immediately sorry. Her face screwed up in distaste. She wanted to spit it out, but her daddies had told her that it wasn't polite to spit … ever. Except in the sink when she used the pretty blue mouthwash.

She looked at her Daddy who was calmly eating his chicken and talking to her Uncle Bobby. She looked at Grandma Jenn who was staring sadly at the empty chair beside her. Her Dada was staring off into space as he chewed on his chicken. She didn't know what to do.

Suddenly her eyes fell on Uncle John who was watching her with a little smile. He took his hand and placed it over his mouth. He put his other finger underneath and then showed her a piece of potato that he had taken from his mouth. She understood immediately that that was what she was supposed to do. She raised her hand and covered her mouth. With her free hand she quickly plucked out the offending vegetable that she had stored in her cheek where she could hardly taste it. She looked at Uncle John. He took the piece of potato and placed it at the back of his plate where there was no other food. She did the same.

When she looked back at her uncle, he mouthed, "Good girl!" and she smiled happily at him. She would have to remember how you got rid of food you didn't like. That was something valuable to know too. She had learned a lot today.

"Did you like the rutabaga?" Justin asked directing his attention back to his daughter.

"Don't like rubabeggar," she declared.

"Then eat your chicken."

"Yes, Daddy," she said as she snagged a piece of chicken with her fork.

Chapter 6 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

Chapter 6

^^^^^^^^

The dinner music was playing in the background as the main course plates were quickly removed by the wait staff. Emmett was still sitting with Drew and Ted and Allen. He insisted, however, that he had to go check on the desserts. With a resigned sigh, Drew let him go.

"He worries too much," Drew said when Emmett was out of earshot.

"He just wants everything to come off flawlessly," Ted replied.

"I know, but he puts so much pressure on himself."

"He'll be fine, Drew," Allen said trying to be reassuring.

"I hope so."

^^^^^^^^

The waiter picked up Bree's plate which was pretty well cleaned off except for several pieces of rutabaga and a couple of parsnips.

"What's next, Dada?" Bree asked as she gave a subdued yawn.

"You getting tired, Squirt?" Brian asked.

It was already past Bree's normal bedtime. All the courses, interspersed with tiny bowls of sorbet to clear the palate, had taken much longer than expected. Even though Emmett ensured that the service was brisk, the multitudinous courses took a long time to serve and remove for such a big crowd.

"I okay, Dada," Bree said sitting up straight. She certainly didn't want to be put to bed. She wanted to dance with her daddies. They had promised her she could.

Brian smiled. Bree was trying to be so grown up and she wasn't even five yet. He didn't want her to grow up, he decided. She was beautiful and fun and sweet … and perfect just the way she was. She should stay exactly like this. He studied her thoughtfully, realizing how blessed his life really was.

"Dada!"

"Yes, Squirt," Brian said coming out of his reverie. All the encounters with his fucking former tricks had put him in a maudlin mood.

"When can we dance?"

Brian chuckled. "Soon, sweetheart, soon."

"Now?" she asked. She was ready to dance.

"No, we have to eat our sorbet first, and then when dessert is served we'll have interminable toasts and then…"

"What's imterbabble?" Bree interrupted. There sure were a lot of strange big words at weddings.

"A lot," Justin supplied, having listened to the beginning of a Brian tirade. "Eat some sorbet."

"What kind now?" Bree asked. They had already had orange, peach and kiwi.

"It's pear," Justin told her as he took a little spoonful. "Very good too."

Bree dutifully picked up her spoon and took a small bite of the icy concoction. "Good," she verified.

Brian smiled at her, picked up his own spoon and took a bite of sorbet. He wondered how many more hours were left before he could take Justin to bed.

^^^^^^^^

Sean and the minions began to serve dessert, fresh fruit garnished with sprigs of mint and drizzled with dark chocolate. It was light, refreshing and it felt good after the long meal. It also left plenty of room for cake. As coffee and tea were being served, it was then time for the toasts!

Brian sighed heavily and rolled his eyes. He began to thank whatever gods were overhead that he didn't have to attend these types of functions very often. The best man was about to toast the bride and groom, when...

"Pee pee, Dada," Bree whispered to Brian. Brian smirked at Justin who was trying to patiently pay attention to all of the toasts.

"Whoops! Gotta go. We'll be back in a few minutes, Sunshine. Take notes for me." Brian barely contained his giggle.

"Uh huh," Justin glared as Brian took Bree to the nearest restroom. They returned just in time for the first dance. The lights had been dimmed so Brian and Bree waited discreetly by the door.

The MC announced the first dance. Owen arose from his seat and extended his hand to Molly. A spotlight focused on the newlyweds to guide them to the center of the dance floor. Another spotlight at the far end of the banquet hall came on. Standing on a platform was an elegantly dressed man, a priceless violin lovingly tucked under his chin, coal black waves of hair softly framing his face. As he began the Emperor's Waltz, Owen led his bride to the center of the room to dance.

Justin sat momentarily mesmerized by the music as well as the musician. He not only recognized the piece but the style in which it was being played. Justin's skin began to crawl. He turned his head to see Brian standing with Bree by the entrance, Brian's face backlit by the lights in the hallway. There was no mistaking it; Brian Kinney was not amused.

"Justin," Jennifer whispered into her son's ear. "Is that...?"

"Yeah," Justin replied with a pained expression.

"Oh fucking hell!" Jennifer exclaimed still in hushed tones. "Can this night get any worse?"

"Probably." Justin closed his eyes wishing it would all go away but knowing it would still be there when his eyes opened again. "He's going to kill all of us."

"Emmett wouldn't have..."

"No, he wouldn't."

"Sarah Kingsley," mother and son said in unison then sighed, both shaking their blond heads with trepidation.

"Please let it end quickly," Jennifer pleaded to the gods.

"Knowing him," Justin cocked his head toward the violinist, "this will take a while," Justin said trying not to whine. He picked up his glass and took a large gulp of champagne then finished off whatever was left in Brian's glass. The night had just gotten a hell of a lot longer.

^^^^^^^^

"Fucking hell!" Debbie exclaimed then received a poke to her ribs from Carl.

"Deb, sweetheart, what's wrong now?"

"Don't you know who that is?" Debbie asked Carl incredulously.

"Am I supposed to know?"

"That's the fiddler."

"I can see that, Deb."

"No, no, no. THE fiddler."

"You mean Justin's fiddler?"

"The very same."

"Too bad I don't have my cuffs with me."

"Why?"

"Before this night is over, I may have to make a citizen's arrest when Brian Kinney murders one Ethan Gold."

^^^^^^^^

"This can't be happening."

Emmett was just outside of the banquet hall by the service entrance. He didn't want any waiters to go in until the first dance had concluded. He and Molly had chosen the perfect music for the first dance. Unbeknownst to either of them, Sarah Kingsley had other plans.

"He's going to kill him then he's going to kill me!" Emmett Honeycutt started to sweat.

^^^^^^^^

"Mother, is that the famous Ethan Gold?" Sharon Brenner asked Sarah with amazement and admiration.

"Yes, it is," Sarah responded smugly. "I may not have a Justin Taylor collection but I have sponsored this young man for many years."

"But he never gives personal performances, for anyone!"

"I'm a Kingsley, dear. I am not just anyone," Sarah crowed quietly, as Ethan's sweet refrains continued on.

^^^^^^^^

"I have to go to him. He needs me," Michael whined, as he was about to get up from his chair. Ben placed a large heavily muscled arm around his spouse effectively trapping the smaller man.

"No you don't, Michael. You can't get up and walk across the floor now. The bride and groom haven't finished yet," Ben said sternly in his professor's voice.

"By the sound of it, we may be here all night listening to that."

"Then we sit and listen, Michael. But whatever we do, we do it from here." Ben had put his foot down.

^^^^^^^^

"Poor Brian," Lindsay whispered.

"Serves the asshole right," Melanie countered.

"How can you say that?" Lindsay asked angrily.

"Because he's always interfering in things that don't concern him. It's about time someone got one up on him."

"Melanie, if it wasn't for that man's interference, as you put it, we wouldn't be together," Lindsay growled, ending the conversation.

^^^^^^^^

"Up, Dada." Sensing something wrong, Bree wanted more contact with her Dada than just holding his hand. Brian swept the petite blonde into his arms. "Who dat?" Bree indicated the fiddler.

"Briana Victoria, you are one of the smartest people I know. Isn't it about time you stopped using your baby talk?" Brian arched a parental brow at his daughter.

Bree sighed; her Dada was onto her. "Who is that, Dada?" Bree carefully enunciated her words as she scrunched up her little nose.

"Much better. That man is Ethan Gold, an old friend of your Daddy's."

"A good friend? Will he visit us at home for Christmas?" Bree asked innocently.

"No, Squirt, not that kind of friend." Brian sighed heavily, recalling past indiscretions.

"You sad, Dada?"

"No, baby, just remembering some of those stupid things I did in the past."

"I forgive you," Bree said, as she wrapped her arms around Brian's neck.

"Thank you, Squirt. That makes me feel a lot better."

"Dada, will you dance with me?"

"Soon, Bree. When the announcer asks for the family to join in."

Briana began to study her Dada's face intensely. Her gaze then shifted to the fiddler, onto her Daddy and then back onto her Dada. She saw apprehension in the hazel eyes and the same look on her Daddy's face.

"Dada, you have to dance your special dance with Daddy," Bree said with authority, but with a twinkle in her violet blue eyes. Brian did a double take then looked directly into his daughter's eyes.

"You're a little devil, you know that?"

"I know, Dada," Bree said emphatically. Brian smothered his giggles in his daughter's neck.

As the lights began to come up, the announcer called for the father of the bride to dance with his daughter and the groom to dance with his mother. Brian was about to use that opportunity to take Bree back to their seats.

"Brian," Emmett called out softly, as he came around from the service entrance. He gently placed his hand on Brian's shoulder. "I swear, Brian, I had nothing to do with it," Emmett pleaded, hoping his friend would believe him. "I would never do anything to hurt you or Justin."

"Emm, it's all right. I know you didn't hire him. It was probably Sarah Kingsley," Brian reassured his friend. "It's okay, Emmett, we're okay. Now go scramble an egg or squeeze a canape or something." Brian smirked at Emmett.

Emmett answered with a wide grin. "I do not scramble eggs. I create miracles," Emmett crowed.

"Yes you do, now go and do them. I have to dance with the brother of the bride." Brian winked at Emmett then strode back to his seat with Bree in his arms.

^^^^^^^^

"And now will the parents of the bride and groom please join them in this first dance," the MC announced. Owen Sr. stood then held his hand out for Sharon. She clasped it firmly then proudly walked to the center of the dance floor.

Jennifer arose from her seat expecting Craig to be her partner. Craig who had released Molly walked to his table and took Susan's hand to lead her to the dance floor. This left Jennifer momentarily flustered. She had no partner which was now obvious to everyone assembled. Brian had just brought Bree back to the table. He swiftly placed Bree onto Justin's lap then stepped close to Jennifer. Brian took Jenn's elbow and led her onto the dance floor.

Brian gallantly danced Jennifer around the floor. With his sexy sophisticated good looks and her trim elegance, they made a striking couple. All of the eligible ladies, a few that weren't and several men in the room were quite envious.

The MC called for everyone to join the happy couple on the dance floor.

While Brian was occupied with Jennifer, Justin brought Bree onto the dance floor. He instructed Bree to place her little feet on top of his. With their brightest sunniest smiles dazzling the room, father and daughter danced.

As Brian was about to lead Jennifer around the floor again, he felt a gentle tap on his shoulder. He turned to find Seth Harris standing there, looking very dashing and ready to fulfill his role as Jennifer's escort. Brian smiled as he nodded then kissed Jennifer's hand before placing it into Seth's. Seth acknowledged the gesture then began to dance with his partner, but not before Jennifer kissed Brian's cheek in gratitude.

Brian stood at the edge of the dance floor. He watched as Owen Jr. swept his bride around the floor. Molly looked so happy, so beautiful, just like a princess in her prince's arms. Brian looked over at his partner and his own little princess dancing together, both giggling madly as Bree was doing her best to stay atop her father's feet. Brian smiled at their innocence. He took three long strides then tapped his spouse on the shoulder. Justin turned to see bright, loving, hazel eyes. Brian pulled his blonds in close. He kissed Justin's temple then swept up his daughter. It was Brian and Briana's turn to dance.

Justin stood at the edge of the dance floor watching the two most important people in his life having the time of their lives dancing. Brian held Bree up. She had one arm wrapped around Brian's neck, her other hand in her Dada's. They were having a ball.

"He looks like a good father," Craig commented to Justin, almost startling his son.

"He doesn't just look like a good father, he IS a good father. And the best partner." In for a penny, in for a pound, thought Justin.

"I suppose he is. Are you happy, Justin?"

"Yes, Dad, I am, very happy. My life couldn't have turned out any better."

"I saw your 'Old Masters.' That blond woman over there explained them to me. Your mother told me you almost stopped painting."

"I, uh..."

"She told me. Did your sister ever tell you about the time I thought I had disfigured her for life?" Justin's eyes grew wide, but he shook his head no. "I took her fishing. She was little. I think you were at camp or maybe staying with your grandparents. Anyway, Molly got hooked through her thumb. I swore I'd never let her out of my sight again or out of her room, but the next day she begged me to take her fishing again. She caught quite a whopper too, as I recall. The point is that kids will be kids. They don't always do what they're told and they get hurt. It's up to us to make them feel better and safe. I failed miserably with you and your sister. You're both grown but I promise to not let my prejudices and phobias get in the way of me being a grandfather to Briana. I won't promise to be nice to Brian but I will promise to be civil."

"That's all I ask, Dad." Craig nodded then went back to his wife, leaving Justin slightly stunned. Justin took that opportunity to dance with his sister.

Brian felt a tap on his butt. He turned, and seeing no one, he quickly looked down. There standing as tall as he possibly could for a seven year old, stood Patrick.

"Uncle Bri, can I please dance with Bree?" Patrick asked precisely.

"Of course, Sonny Boy. You hold on to her hand tight, stay where we can see you and no running. Either of you," Brian punctuated his warning with an arch of his brow. Both children bounced their little heads in agreement. Patrick told hold of Briana's hands and the two of them did their version of dancing. It reminded Brian of four little feet stomping on bugs but he didn't care. They were having the time of their lives. Brian walked back to the edge of the dance floor.

"Damn, they're growing fast!" John said into his brother's ear.

"Too fast, they make me feel old."

"Brian Kinney does not do old, he ages to perfection," John quipped. "If it makes you feel any better, I'll always be older than you."

"Thank the gods for that. Speaking of old, your old man looks like he needs to dance," Brian said with amusement. John clapped his brother on the back then went to dance with his lover.

The new Mrs. Molly Brenner felt a tap on her shoulder. Her brother-in-law, Brian Kinney, aka the wedding fixer, stood tall and smiling.

"Molly, if you're finished monopolizing my husband, I'd like to dance with him," Brian stated never taking his eyes off of Justin.

"Only if you promise to save a dance for me."

"It will be my pleasure, Mrs. Brenner," Brian said with a little peck to Molly's cheek. He grabbed Justin's hand, swung him around then pulled him up close into his arms. "Come on, Sunshine, let's show these hets how it's done." Brian planted a deep kiss onto Justin's lips as the DJ took over and sensual thumpa thumpa began to play.

Brian and Justin began their show.


Chapter 7 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

Chapter 7

^^^^^^^^

Ethan Gold walked off the raised area that acted as a stage for the DJ. He heard the familiar sounds of Babylon, the long remembered club that he had rarely frequented with Justin, all those years ago. Strange that the music would make him think of that place. It certainly wasn't his favorite type of place to hang out, but Justin had liked it, once in a while.

He walked towards Sarah Kingsley, the old biddy who had hired him for this gig. He normally would have turned her down flat, but she had been his patron over the years, and he did owe her. Now the debt could be considered paid.

"Ethan, my dear," Sarah said. "That was just lovely, exactly what I had in mind for the first dance."

"Thank you, Mrs. Kingsley. It was my pleasure," Ethan lied. He had learned how to be very gracious since he had left Pittsburgh. Maybe it was being back in this godforsaken place that made him feel so uneasy.

"Ethan, dear, I'd like to introduce you to my daughter and her husband. And I do hope you'll stay for dessert."

"I…"

"Wonder where Sharon and Owen have got to. They must be around here somewhere. Would you listen to that awful music." Sarah scanned the dance floor looking for her daughter. "Oh my!" she said clutching at the neck of her dress.

"What is it, Mrs. Kingsley?" Ethan asked quickly. He was afraid she was having a heart attack. That would be the last thing he needed, to be written up in the paper that he was playing at some idiotic wedding and the grandmother of the groom dies beside him. That would be his worst nightmare.

"That!" was all Sarah could manage to say, as she pointed towards the dance floor.

Ethan followed her finger and his heart leapt in his chest. "Brian and Justin," he whispered. He stared, as they ground against each other while most of the people at the wedding watched. They were still together, and they were here, and so was he.

"What … what are they doing?" Sarah Kingsley sputtered to Ethan Gold.

"I think it's called dancing," Ethan replied.

"That … that's not dancing. It's like sex on the dance floor." She whispered the word "sex".

"It could be called that I guess," Ethan agreed.

"But they're men. What are they doing?"

"I'd say it's called being gay."

"Gay?" Sarah stared for a minute. "But I was told that Mr. Kinney was a very prominent businessman, and that Justin Taylor is a famous artist." Sarah was very confused. If they were gay, why hadn't Owen or Sharon filled her in on that? They had let her believe…

"That doesn't mean they can't be gay," Ethan said in measured tones.

"But…"

"I need to get a drink," Ethan said, tiring of trying to explain Brian and Justin to the old broad. He couldn't even explain Brian and Justin to himself. "I get dehydrated during a performance," Ethan added, not wanting her to know the real reason he needed a drink. He quickly headed for the bar. The invitation to stay for dessert was suddenly very unappetizing.

^^^^^^^^

Brian and Justin finished their dance. Brian was draped all over his partner. The music stopped and everyone held their breath to see what the two men on the dance floor would do next.

"Um, Bri, let's go find our table," Justin said softly.

Brian groaned. "Do we have to? I could fuck you right here, or we could find the restroom."

"Behave yourself."

"They all wanted a show. I guess we gave it to them. Too bad we can't take it to its logical conclusion."

"There is no logical conclusion," Justin smirked, "just mindless sex."

"The best kind." Brian smiled at him.

"Absolutely. Now if I could get back to the table without everyone seeing the rather prominent bulge in my pants, I'd be happy."

"Hey, wear that bulge proudly. Half the old geezers here can't get it up without the little blue pill."

Justin laughed and suddenly felt much better. He released his hold on Brian and the two men walked across the dance floor to the applause of many of the guests. Neither cared about the still visible bulges they sported.

^^^^^^^^

"That has to be the most disgusting display I've ever seen," Sarah Kingsley told her daughter.

"I thought it was kind of hot," Sharon muttered, trying not to blush.

"What was that, dear?"

"I said that it's rather hot in here."

"My, yes, it is. You'd think a hotel like the Plaza could regulate its temperatures more effectively."

'Not when you have two hot guys heating up the dance floor,' Sharon thought. This time she didn't say it out loud.

^^^^^^^^

"What the fuck does Brian think he's doing?" Michael griped, as he watched Brian and Justin walk off the dance floor.

"What do you mean?" Ben sighed.

"He should know better than to let Justin make him act like that at Molly's wedding."

"I'm sure Justin didn't make him do anything he didn't want to do," Ben said patiently.

"That little asshole is always getting Brian to do things that are out of character."

"And dancing like that is out of character for Brian Kinney?" Ben scoffed.

"He knows better than to do that at a place like this," Michael said, defending his longtime friend. "It has to be Justin's fault."

"Justin grew up in the country club set," Ben reasoned. "He wouldn't normally act like that either, but together they just can't resist." Michael did his version of a snort. "So you admit they both were at fault."

"I guess," Michael said slowly. He hated admitting that Brian did something wrong, if he could blame it on Justin.

"Did it ever occur to you that you're deluding yourself in your thinking about Brian?" Ben asked. He used a gentle tone, but he really wanted Michael to think about what he was asking.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Michael demanded, crossing his arms on his chest in the pose that Ben was all too familiar with.

"Um … forget it," Ben said, giving in. He didn't want to fight in the middle of Molly's wedding. "Let's dance."

"Okay," Michael said with a smile. He seemed to have won the argument, and he would like to dance. "But not like Brian and Justin."

"And when do we ever dance like that?" Ben muttered, as he took Michael's hand and they went out onto the dance floor.

^^^^^^^^

"Allen? Allen, from the symphony, right? You're a..."

"Percussionist," Allen replied as Ethan held out his hand for Allen to shake. They had wound up at the bar at the same time.

"Percussionist, yes. I last saw you, when?"

"The last time the symphony went on tour. I believe you made a guest appearance when we were in Boston last year."

"That's right. Are you acquainted with the Brenners?"

"More the new Mrs. Brenner. My partner, Ted, is friends with her brother, Justin."

"Justin. Small world. And you know Brian."

"Rather well." Ethan's eyes grew large at that comment. "No, not in that way, although I think my younger brother may have been privileged to know Brian in that respect. Ted and I owe our relationship to him. I guess I'm considered family."

"It takes a very strong person to become accepted into that family."

"Perhaps. They're a tight bunch. Like any family, they argue and get on each others nerves, but heaven help the bugger who tries to hurt any one of them. There would be hell to pay."

"Yes, I remember. It was nice speaking with you," Ethan said as he held out his hand and effectively ended the conversation. He didn't need to hear any more.

Someone started clinking a spoon against another glass calling for the bride and groom to kiss. As Owen drew Molly in for a kiss, Justin leaned closer to Brian requesting his own kiss.

"Mmm, good little boys get cake," Brian purred in Justin's ear after bestowing the requested kiss.

"And what do bad little boys get?" Justin's voice sounded husky with lust.

"To top their partners," Brian whispered then nipped at the delicate shell of Justin's ear.

"Yum, I get my cake and to eat it too!" Justin waggled his eyebrows at Brian.

"And anything else you want to eat," Brian murmured.

"I am so glad we decided to take that suite upstairs for the night. I don't think I can wait until we get back to the loft."

"Neither can I. Maybe we can make a discreet exit after the cake," Brian suggested.

"I wish, big guy, but it wouldn't look good if the brother of the bride went off on a honeymoon before the bride did." The lovers sighed as one, and prayed the cake would be served soon.

^^^^^^^^

"Jenn, how can you allow that?" Craig asked.

"Allow what?" Jennifer asked innocently as she sipped her coffee while Seth was mingling.

"That!" Craig pointed at their son and Brian. They just caught sight of the kiss.

"They're in love, Craig. You remember what that's like. They are totally gaga over each other. And they have been for sixteen years and counting. Leave them alone. If you can't or won't accept it then don't look." Jennifer picked up her cup and dismissed her homophobic ex-husband.

^^^^^^^^

"Raph?" Hector sounded very serious.

"Yes."

"You were one of his tricks, weren't you?"

"Yes, but that had to be over twenty years ago. We were all wild back then."

"Was it at that club?"

"Babylon? Yes. Why are you dredging this all up now? I've never hidden anything from you. Didn't you enjoy your youth?"

"Yes, I did but I never got fucked by the stud of Liberty Avenue."

"And from what I've learned here tonight, you never will." Raphael and Hector turned their attention to Brian and Justin just in time to witness their kiss.

^^^^^^^^

"Justin, may I have a word with you, dear?" Sharon Brenner had come to their table to seek out Justin. "Would you join me at my table?"

"Of course, Mrs. Brenner." Justin stood to follow Molly's new mother-in-law back to her table. But not before he threw Brian a pleading look.

"Justin! I believe you are acquainted with Ethan," Sarah announced above the music, so that her circle of society ladies could hear and see that Sarah Kingsley could count not only a famous artist as a relative but a famous musician as an acquaintance. Justin smiled softly at the woman then turned to say hello to Ethan.

"Hello, Ethan, how are you?"

"Good. I was in New York recently, I saw your show. It was very moving."

"Thank you. I read you've been touring Europe and you've been very well received."

"Yes, my agent thinks I'm better appreciated there."

"You were always appreciated here."

"Maybe I was but I just couldn't see it back then."

Justin shrugged, but before he could make a comment, Bree came running over.

"Daddy, Auntie Emm is going to bring in the cake! You hafta come back to our table," Bree said very determinedly. Justin lifted the child into his arms.

"Okay, baby. Briana, I'd like you to meet Ethan Gold. We went to the same school," Justin introduced his daughter to Ethan.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Taylor," Ethan said formally.

"My name is Briana Victoria Kinney-Taylor!" Bree said stressing the Kinney half of her name then shooting off a death glare worthy of that name.

"I stand corrected, Miss Kinney-Taylor." Ethan bowed slightly. "She's beautiful, Justin. So like you. You must be very proud."

"I am, very proud." Justin gave Bree a soft kiss to her cheek. "How long will you be in town? Will you tour with the symphony for their holiday concerts?"

"No, I fly to England on Monday."

"Then I wish you well." Justin held out his hand.

"You too. I guess you got what you wanted," Ethan said softly, as he touched Justin's hand for perhaps the last time.

"Yes, I have everything I could possibly want. Goodbye, Ethan."

"Goodbye, Justin. And Jus," Ethan began, as Justin turned to go back to his family's table. "Tell Brian, thank you. I took his advice; he was right."

"He usually is." Justin nodded then returned to their table.

"I don't like him, Daddy," Bree whispered into her Daddy's ear.

"I know, sweetheart. I don't think I like him very much either."

^^^^^^^^

Justin came back to their table. Everyone who knew anything about his history with Ethan was staring at him, failing miserably at trying to be nonchalant. Bree quickly scrambled into her Dada's lap.

"You okay, Sunshine?" Brian asked with concern. He felt no real threat from the fiddler's presence but understood Justin's discomfort.

"I'm fine," Justin replied.

"Should I beat him up for you?" Brian teased.

"No, that would just upset Sarah Kingsley. She just set another feather into her cap. She has me and Ethan."

"That's some stable."

"I suppose," Justin sighed.

"Guess I'm not the only one here with a former trick or two."

"Guess not."

"Don't worry about it, Sunshine. We all learn from our mistakes and I appreciate what I have." Brian beamed at Justin as he bounced Bree on his knee. The little girl giggled with delight.

"Yeah, you're right and that was a long time ago. I appreciate everything I have too." Justin smiled back.

"I appreciate too, Dada!" Bree said carefully.

"I know you do, Squirt." The lights dimmed as the wedding cake and Viennese Table were about to roll in. Bree took that moment to let her Dada know how she stood regarding Ethan.

"Dada," Bree whispered close to Brian's ear, but so that Justin could hear too. "Is it okay that I don't like Ian even if he does play the fiddle nice?"

"It's okay, Bree. I don't think we'll be seeing him anytime soon after tonight."

"That's good, Dada."

"Real good," both of Briana's fathers agreed.


Chapter 8 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

Chapter 8

^^^^^^^^

Emmett, Sean and the minions rolled in a beautiful white cake trimmed with fresh flowers. Emmett personally went to several florists within and out of the city limits to find the most perfect and freshest flowers to adorn the simple cake. Molly had won another victory in regards to her cake, Sharon Brenner and Sarah Kingsley be damned. Molly wanted a simple look, and chocolate. She got it. The cake was elegant and without pretense. The lights were dimmed, a spotlight lit the way for the cake then Molly and Owen did the bride cuts the cake thing. No one got too silly or too embarrassed, and no clothes were ruined.

Briana enjoyed one forkful of cake then promptly fell asleep in Brian's arms. Patrick had a similar experience; however, he managed at least three forkfuls before passing out in John's lap.

"That's all folks!" John quipped as he gazed at his peacefully sleeping son. "I was hoping for one or two more dances with my partner before I turned into a human pillow. I guess I missed my chance."

"Not necessarily," Brian stated.

"Um, not sure if you're aware of it, little bro, but you have your own sleeping child in your lap."

"Ah, yes, but I also have a plan."

"And when were you going to let us mere mortals in on your plan?" Bobby snarked.

"Just about now," Brian said confidently.

"Hey, Pop! Aw, out cold, isn't she?" Gus commented about his sleeping sister.

"Yes, and so is he," Brian said, indicating Patrick.

"Not a problem, I bring reinforcements." Lindsay and JR joined them.

"Brian, I'll take Bree up to your suite. Gus can take Patrick. JR's sleepy too," Lindsay said as she held her arms out to receive Bree.

"Oh, Mom," JR groused with a yawn. She wouldn't admit that it had been a very long day.

"Thank you for booking that suite for us too. I wasn't looking forward to the drive home."

"That's my Pop, always coming up with something," Gus bragged, winking at his dad.

"That's enough, Sonny Boy. So you're cool about baby sitting?" Brian asked his son.

"I'm cool, Pop. Besides, too many female body parts flashing at me, you know what I mean?" Gus lowered his voice as he revealed his discomfort to Brian.

"Oh yeah, I know just what you mean. You call me if you need anything."

"It's all under control."

"What do you mean, Gus?" John asked the boy.

"Emmett found out you booked the suites. He made sure that the refrigerators are well stocked. We'll be fine."

Brian stood to hand over the sleeping flower girl to Lindsay. John handed Patrick to his nephew.

"You're a good kid, Gus," John said as he bussed his son on the cheek. Bobby gently caressed his son's cheek before Gus took him up.

"Thank you, Gus," Bobby said.

"You're welcome, Uncle Bobby. Okay troops, head 'em up and move 'em out," Gus said cheerfully, sounding so much like his father. Lindsay and JR rolled their eyes but followed the young Kinney out of the ballroom. Four pair of eyes watched as the flower girl and ring bearer left the room.

John finished the rest of his coffee then held out his hand to Bobby. "May I have this dance?" John asked his partner. Johnny Mathis was crooning out a romantic song.

"By all means," Bobby replied as he took his spouse's hand. Brian and Justin watched as John led Bobby to the dance floor.

"Shall we?" Justin asked Brian as he held out his hand. Brian smiled serenely as he took Justin's hand.

The stunning brothers impressed the guests by dancing their beautiful partners around the floor.

^^^^^^^^

"May I have this dance, Mrs. Brenner?" Brian asked sweetly.

"Oh my, why yes," Sharon Brenner replied. "It's very nice of you to ask."

"Not at all," Brian said gallantly. Justin had told him to ask Sharon to dance while he went and asked Sarah Kingsley to do the same. This wasn't Brian's favorite thing to do, but he supposed he needed to make nice with Molly's new in-laws. He'd rather dance with Justin, but they'd had a few good dances already, and Brian was more interested in the horizontal dance he and Justin would be doing in the suite later on. The least he could do was make sure Justin was happy until then. After that he planned to make his young lover ecstatic. He smiled to himself thinking about it.

"You have a lovely smile, Mr. Kinney," Sharon said, noting the expression on his face.

"Thank you, and please call me Brian."

"I'd like that … Brian."

"It's been a lovely wedding," Brian said, trying to keep the sarcasm out of his voice as he attempted to make small talk.

"Very! Molly and Owen made most of the decisions, and choosing Emmett Honeycutt to be their planner was a stroke of genius."

"I'm glad you think so," Brian replied.

"Oh, why's that?"

"Emmett's a friend and neighbor. He always does his very best to fulfill the wishes of his clients."

"He certainly was very accommodating to me," Sharon added.

"Emmett's a good guy."

"Yes, yes, he is," Sharon agreed as Brian propelled her across the floor.

^^^^^^^^

"Mrs. Kingsley, may I have this dance?" Justin asked the elderly woman.

"Oh, that would be lovely, dear. A woman of my age and status doesn't get asked to dance too often," Sarah replied. "Usually Owen Sr. condescends to dance once or twice with me at these affairs, but that's it." She stood up and extended her hand to Justin. They made their way out onto the floor.

Justin held Sarah in the traditional dance hold and started moving her around the floor. "Let me know if I'm stepping on your toes," Justin informed her.

"You dance very well, Justin."

"Thank you, Mrs. Kingsley."

"Please call me Sarah. Mrs. Kingsley makes me feel so old.

'And you are old,' Justin thought to himself. "You move very well yourself," he said aloud, surprised at how easy she was to dance with. Perhaps her society training had included extensive dance lessons.

"I loved to dance when I was younger. Still do. My husband and I used to cut a mean rug," she laughed. "But I don't get too many opportunities anymore." There was genuine sadness in her voice.

"That's too bad."

"Justin, may I ask you something?"

"Of course." Justin braced himself expecting to be asked to paint Sarah's portrait.

"Is Brian Kinney your … your…?"

"My partner? My lover? My husband? The answer is yes to all of the above." Justin had ceased to beat around the bush about his sexuality years ago, and he wasn't going to start covering up his relationship for Sarah Kingsley.

"Husband?" Sarah asked stopping in mid step. It was all Justin could do to keep from tipping them both over.

"Yes, Brian's my husband."

"But … that's not legal, is it?" Her eyebrow arched sharply.

"Not in the eyes of the state of Pennsylvania, but it may be one day. We were married in a ceremony that many choose to call a commitment ceremony. I choose to call it a marriage ceremony," Justin stated, trying to keep his voice level and calm.

"And was Molly there?"

"Of course she was. She's my sister."

"And your mother?"

"Yes, Brian and I have her blessing."

"And your father?"

Justin knew that was coming, but he still hated the answer he had to give. "My father and I have had little contact for many years."

"He doesn't approve of you and Mr. Kinney." Sarah stated the obvious.

"No, he doesn't. How about you? Do we have your disapproval too?" Justin challenged her.

"I … I don't know," Sarah said honestly.

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Justin started them moving to the music once again.

"I will admit that I had no idea you were … gay. Is that the correct word?" Justin nodded. "I commented on your dancing with Mr. Kinney to Ethan Gold. He's a protégé of mine, you know." Justin nodded again. "Anyway, he informed me that you and Mr. Kinney were gay. I was surprised to say the least."

"Surprised?"

"Yes, I thought you were friends, acquaintances … without attachments. You know," Sarah said, helpless to explain any better. "And nobody bothered to tell me otherwise," she added huffily.

"But didn't you realize that Bree is my daughter … and Brian's?"

"I knew she was your daughter. I just assumed her mother was someone you had divorced or never married," Sarah explained.

"Well, her mother was someone I never married. She was a surrogate."

"Oh my! I've never met anyone who used a surrogate before."

"You might be surprised how common it is. Not all couples admit it though."

"You are a source of many surprises," Sarah told Justin.

Justin smiled slightly. He couldn't be angry with her when she seemed so genuine in her lack of understanding. "That has more truth than you might think."

"I think I won't pursue this topic any further," Sarah stated. She didn't want to get into unmapped territory that might make them both uncomfortable. She was enjoying the dance too much to wish it to end abruptly by making Justin mad.

"That might be wise."

"Is your … husband a good man?" Sarah asked.

"He's the best, Mrs. Kingsley." Justin's face lit up with one of his radiant smiles as he looked across the dance floor and saw Brian dancing with Sharon Brenner.

Sarah couldn't help but notice the love that radiated from Justin's eyes as he looked at his husband across the room. "You have a lovely smile, Justin dear," Sarah said, genuinely enjoying the look on her dance partner's face. "You … you love him a lot, don't you?"

"I love him more than life itself."

"That is rare in today's world. I loved my husband very much too. Although, most people probably wouldn't believe it, I miss him greatly."

"Has he been gone long?"

"Almost fifteen years."

"That's about how long Brian and I have been together," Justin said softly, staring over at Brian.

"That's lovely, dear," Sarah said, as the song came to an end and they stopped dancing. "Thank you for dancing me around for a few minutes. It was wonderful."

"I enjoyed it too. I hope we get a chance to know each other better in the future."

"I think I'd like that," Sarah replied. Justin escorted her back to her table and then headed towards the bar. He needed a drink. He wasn't sure what had just happened. He had no intention of liking Sarah Kingsley. He had asked her to dance out of a feeling of obligation and social propriety. She was still a formidable old battleaxe. He had intended to pretend to make nice with her, but somehow that pretense had actually turned into a fondness for the elderly woman. Maybe a drink would help him figure out what had just happened.

^^^^^^^^

When the song ended, Brian escorted Sharon over to the table where her husband was waiting.

"Thank you, Brian. That was a lovely dance," Sharon told him.

"You're welcome. I'll turn her back over to you now, Owen."

"Thank you very much, Brian. You gave my poor old feet a little rest, while you were dancing with Sharon, and Justin was dancing with Sarah. I usually have to do double duty."

Brian smiled knowing and sympathetically, before walking away to find his husband.

^^^^^^^^

Jennifer and Seth were gliding around the floor, doing a very good foxtrot to the contemporary music.

"You dance wonderfully," Jennifer said.

"Thank you, my dear. Years of dance lessons," Seth joked.

"Well, they certainly paid off."

"Do you feel your ex-husband's eyes boring into my back?"

Jennifer chuckled. "Yes, I do. He's been glaring at both of us ever since you got here."

"What's his problem?"

"Who knows? He's the one who's been married for several years, while I've been alone," Jennifer explained.

"Maybe he's one of those men who doesn't want something, or in this case someone, but he doesn't want anyone else to have it either."

"That could very well be true. I never thought of Craig as the jealous type, but he always was rather possessive."

"That's not always a positive trait."

"You can say that again," Jennifer agreed. "Craig wears a good façade, but he has some real turmoil going on underneath."

"Unlike me. I'm a simple man, very uncomplicated," Seth laughed.

"Just the way I like my men," Jennifer giggled, as Seth whirled her around.

^^^^^^^^

"Mrs. Brenner, may I have the pleasure of this dance?" Brian asked.

"That would be lovely."

Brian took Molly's hand and led her onto the dance floor.

"Looks like you survived all the trials and tribulations of the society wedding of the year," Brian smirked.

"And I have you to thank for my survival." Brian raised an eyebrow. "You know it's true. That was great advice you gave me back at the house."

"It's my philosophy of life," Brian stated sticking his tongue in his cheek. "Take whatever the fuck they're offering, use it to your own advantage, and fuck them all."

"You are such a fraud," Molly giggled.

Brian's eyebrow arched up into his hairline. "What are you talking about, young lady?"

"I'm talking about you and the hardass attitude. You're just a big softie at heart, or you wouldn't have rushed to my aid."

Brian stared into her blue eyes, but did not refute her words. "When are you and Owen leaving?" Brian asked, effectively changing the subject.

Molly realized the ploy, but she was too happy that the wedding was almost over and the rest of her life was about to commence to call Brian on it. "Owen and I will be starting our honeymoon momentarily. It's a good job you asked me to dance now, because I'm going to throw my bouquet in a few minutes, and then my garter. After that we're blowing this pop stand." Brian laughed. "What?" Molly asked.

"Nothing, I've used that expression a few times myself."

Molly stared at Brian. "You don't think hanging around you so much is turning me into a female Brian Kinney, do you?" Molly asked, and she sounded serious.

"You could do worse," Brian chuckled. He couldn't imagine another Brian Kinney of any ilk. He had enough trouble dealing with one of them.

"I know I could do much worse," Molly smiled at him. "Thank you for putting up with my tirade yesterday, and helping me through it."

"I didn't put up with it, in case you've forgotten. I called you on your shit, and made you see what was important," Brian explained.

"And that's why we all love you," Molly told him. She reached up and kissed his cheek then looked into his hazel eyes. "You're a good man, Brian Kinney."

Brian didn't respond. Usually he would have denied any such thing, but there was a big lump in his throat and he was unable to say anything.

Chapter 9 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

Chapter 9

^^^^^^^^

The final stage of the reception was about to commence. The happy couple was anxious to leave to begin their honeymoon. Owen and Molly had their own honeymoon suite reserved for the night at the Plaza, so that they would be well rested for their trip to Cancun. Rested being a relative term, when said in the same sentence with 'honeymoon.'

Weddings have a way of bringing out the best and not so best in people. John and Bobby found most of the romantic music to their liking. They shared many dances together. As did Ted and Allen, Mel and Lindsay, as well as Carl and Debbie. Even Drew was able to wrestle his bustling partner away from the kitchen long enough to have a dance or two. Ethan, however, found the whole affair tedious. He did make an effort to dance with his patroness. Then feigning a headache and the fact that he would be on a plane back to Europe soon, Ethan Gold left the building.

Sharon and Sarah were pleased to see that the groomsmen behaved themselves and danced most of the night away with the bridesmaids. Sarah hoped that some permanent and strategic liaisons were forged that day.

Emmett signaled Benny to allow the current song to end and then set up for 'the bride to throw the bouquet and the groom to throw the garter' segment of the festivities. Emmett was eternally grateful that this event was about to end.

"May I have your attention please!" the MC began. "Will all the eligible ladies please move to the center of the floor!" Everyone began to applaud, encouraging the single women of all ages to congregate in the middle of the dance floor.

Joanne pushed Katerina into the crowd of bridesmaids. She really didn't want to be there, but Katerina had to make it look good. Brian has shoved Jennifer into the melee, making her cheeks turn a lovely shade of pink. Several of Owen's cousins stepped into the circle, including Stacey and the two young ladies that thought Gus was interesting earlier in the evening.

In front of the dais on two large white wicker chairs, sat Molly and Owen. Joanne handed Molly the bouquet, Molly stood. Like a quarterback looking for an open man, Molly carefully studied the gaggle of babbling women. It took all her resolve not to roll her eyes. Molly managed to catch Katerina's eye. They smiled at each other sharing a secret conspiracy.

Molly turned; the nervous laughter grew louder. She made a couple of practice swoops with her arm then flung the bouquet over her shoulder toward her cousin. As if in slow motion, Katerina watched the bouquet come spiraling toward her. Within inches of her grasp, Kat batted the hurtling flowers toward Jennifer who had no idea what was happening until the bouquet landed squarely in her hands.

"Touchdown!" Molly cried out, jumping up and down to the hysterical laughter of the Liberty Avenue family and to the groans of the deprived debutantes.

Jennifer's rosy hue deepened as she heard, "Way to go Mother Taylor!" from both of her insolent sons-in-law. Brian and Owen's giggles could be heard above the crowd.

The MC then announced that it was time for the groom to throw the garter. All the single gentlemen in the room were encouraged to step onto the dance floor. It was obvious who the winner of the garter ought to be; however, Seth's social proprieties did not allow him to presume. Brian had no such qualms. He assisted Seth up from his seat then gave him a little shove toward the dance floor.

Molly sat on the wicker chair. She gracefully and slowly raised the hem of her gown to the many catcalls from the guests. Blushing, Owen followed the shapely leg of his new wife to the garter. Instead of pale innocent blue like many, Molly's garter was scandalously made out of red ribbon and black lace.

The debutantes gasped.

The bachelors whistled, calling out words of warning and envy to Owen.

Molly winked at Brian who began giggling madly, as both Jennifer and Justin turned beet red.

With the garter twirling in his hand, Owen stood tall to survey the young men standing in front of him, most of whom were related to him in some way or another. Poor Seth had found himself in the back of the crowd. Owen smiled knowingly at them then he turned.

"Heads up, boys!" Owen called out as he tossed the garter over his shoulder. The boys all took one giant step back to allow Seth to catch it. A cheer went up as Mr. Seth Harris stood grinning in the middle of the floor with the garter clutched in his hand.

The DJ played a selection of crowd rousing music worthy of the Pittsburgh Penguins, as Molly and Joanne led Jennifer Taylor out to the middle of the floor. Emmett brought over one of the wicker chairs so that Jennifer could sit. Owen, and Joey his best man, escorted Seth. As the music rose up in its crescendo, Seth took to one knee.

"Humph, that old man may never get back up again," Craig groused low to himself.

"Watch it, Seth! Once a Taylor catches you, you're hooked for life," Brian called out as he draped a possessive arm around Justin.

Gracefully, Jennifer raised the hem of her dress, revealing her own shapely leg. Justin did a double take, blushed deeply then poked Brian in the ribs as Brian let out a whistle of appreciation. Seth quickly slid the garter up and over Jennifer's knee then gracefully rose up off his knee, silently thanking the heavens that the applause hid the creaking of his bones.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please join our happy couple for more dancing!"

Molly and Owen enjoyed one more dance before making their way around the room to thank their guests for attending and to receive the well wishes of all assembled.

"Thanks for being here today, Debbie, and you too, Carl," Molly said, as she and Owen approached Debbie's table.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It was quite the affair," Debbie laughed.

"You can say that again."

"I hope you and Owen will be as happy as Carl and I are."

"I hope so too," Owen said, looking into Molly's eyes.

"What's your secret, Deb?"

"Love hard, and fight hard, and always try to forgive. Be passionate," Debbie advised.

"It's never boring living with Deb," Carl added with a laugh.

"That sounds like good advice," Owen said. He hugged Deb while Molly hugged Carl before moving on to Michael and Ben who were sitting at the same table. They had watched Debbie dish out her marital advice. Molly leaned over to hug Michael.

"It must be nice to be able to get married legally," Michael said with a catch in his voice.

"But you're married," Molly replied, wondering what he was getting at.

"It was legal in Canada, but it's still not legal here," Michael explained. "It may never be."

"I'm sorry, Michael," Owen commiserated. "Maybe some day."

"It will happen someday," Ben said adamantly, "and we'll be first in line when it does." Ben squeezed Michael's shoulder. "We hope you two have a great life together."

"Thanks," Molly said hugging the big man.

"Yeah, we'll be first," Michael mumbled as they turned away to find Ted and Allen standing behind them.

"Don't let Michael get you down," Ted exclaimed cheerfully. "Allen and I are very happy to have been at your wedding. And I know you'll enjoy the honeymoon." Ted winked at Molly before she hugged him warmly.

"I won't offer any advice, since Ted and I aren't married," Allen explained. "I'll just say that the wedding was beautiful and you two make a lovely couple."

"Thanks so much," Molly replied. She hugged Allen while Owen shook Ted's hand.

They then moved on to some of Owen's family who were very polite and wished them well. They observed all the social niceties, but Molly noticed the lack of warmth. Her family and friends were always boisterous and loud, and often swore, but they were also caring and kind and warm. You never got a lack of warmth from someone like Debbie, and even the melancholy Michael. They approached the table where Sarah, Sharon and Owen Sr. were seated.

"There's my boy, and my new daughter," Owen Sr. greeted them warmly. He stood up and kissed Molly's cheek. "Welcome to the family."

Molly felt herself relax. She did like her new father-in-law … a lot. Too bad his wife and mother-in-law weren't anywhere near as palatable. She gave Owen Sr. a big hug.

"Well, dear, you survived the big day," Sarah said imperiously.

"I certainly did," Molly affirmed. She wasn't going to show them any signs of weakness. "There were even moments that I enjoyed."

Sarah gave her a look before saying, "The wedding will be written up in all the society columns this week. It was the social event of the year." She looked at Molly with a prim smile on her face.

Molly assumed that Sarah must think the wedding had passed muster. At least that was one thing she didn't have to worry about anymore. "I hope they give Emmett all the credit he deserves," Molly stated. She didn't want to be the only one responsible for the obscenely lavish affair.

"I'm sure he'll get his fair share of the credit and lots of publicity for his party planning business," Sharon said, nodding knowingly.

"That'll be good," Molly replied. She allowed Sharon to stand and hug her.

"Mother," Owen Jr. interrupted, drawing his mother away from Molly. "Thank you for everything. The wedding was beautiful, and Molly and I are ready to start our lives together.

Sharon ran her hand across Owen's cheek. "I'm sure you are, darling. We'll be expecting lots of grandbabies any time now."

Molly gulped and bit back a retort.

Owen Jr. gave his mother a quick hug and kissed Sarah's cheek. He quickly grabbed Molly's hand and dragged her away, before she said something they'd both regret. "We need to keep going or we'll never get around to everyone," he said by way of explanation for their hasty departure.

"Who the fuck does she think she is?" Molly demanded through clenched teeth, when they were a few feet away from her in-laws. "We're fucking not having babies according to her schedule."

"Of course not," Owen Jr. tried to reassure her.

"Where does she get off saying stuff like that?"

"Just ignore her, sweetheart, and remember that we'll be on our honeymoon in a few minutes."

"Lucky for you! Another minute with that woman and I would have ripped her head off."

"Molly, you're related to that woman now, and she's my mother. Try to be nice." Owen Jr. was seriously worried about Molly's reaction.

"Can we live in Hawaii or Alaska, anywhere that's a minimum of a thousand miles away from your mother and her mother?" Molly asked.

"Molly, please," Owen Jr. begged.

"I'm sorry, honey. She just pushes all my buttons." Molly's blood pressure was starting to come back into the normal range.

"I know."

"I'll try not to do anything too rash or disgusting," Molly promised, not wanting to hurt her new husband. "At least not until after the honeymoon." Molly waited while Owen's face contorted in distress then she giggled. "I'm joshing you. Her comment took me by surprise. I'll be on my best behavior."

"You mean it?" Owen asked, letting out a long sigh of relief.

"I promise." Molly crossed her heart. "I plan to do my very best to get along with your mother and grandmother."

"Thank you," Owen whispered, as he pulled his new bride into a warm hug and kissed her sweet lips. "I love you."

"I love you too, puddin'. You're the best."

"Thanks, cupcake," Owen joked.

"Let's go visit some more of my family," Molly suggested. She grabbed Owen's hand. Everything was always so much better when Owen was holding her hand.

"There's Emmett," Owen observed. "Let's thank him."

"You bet," Molly agreed. She walked over to Emmett who was dancing with Drew. "We just wanted to thank you for all your expertise and holding everything together when I thought it was all going to fall apart," Molly told him sincerely.

"You're more than welcome, sweetie," Emmett replied as he hugged Molly and kissed her cheek. "It was my pleasure … for the most part. Although, there were some parts that weren't so pleasurable. Like your meltdown and my meltdown and Bree's meltdown at the rehearsal. It's a wonder we all aren't just a big pile of goo." Emmett finally took a breath. "But we got past all those trials. And you had a fabulous wedding!" He grinned at Owen and Molly.

"Yes, we did," Owen replied, once he took in all that Emmett had managed to cram into his brief tirade.

"We wish you both the very best," Drew said sincerely.

Molly gave Drew a hug and Owen shook both men's hands. "We couldn't have got through this without you, Emmett," Molly said sincerely, before they walked away.

"Hi, Mom," Molly greeted her mother as she and Owen made their way to her table.

"Hi, sweetheart," Jennifer said kissing her daughter. "You looked so beautiful today. I'm so proud of you." Tears welled up in Jennifer's eyes.

"Don't cry, Mom. I'm only going away for a couple of weeks," Molly tried to joke, while she hugged her mother fiercely.

"I know," Jennifer sniffed, trying to get herself under control. "You deserve a good spanking," she added, raising an eyebrow at her daughter. "Just who gave you the idea of making sure I caught the bouquet, young lady, and that Seth caught the garter?" She smiled in spite of her stern words.

"I thought it would be appropriate," Molly chuckled, and Owen blushed.

"It was much appreciated," Seth laughed. "I've convinced your mother to come on one more date with me. We're having dinner next week."

"That's good," Molly smiled. "I was hoping you might get to spend some more time together … without half of Pittsburgh in attendance."

"Don't forget all the out of town guests," Jennifer added with a grimace.

"We will enjoy a lovely dinner for two," Seth professed, giving Jennifer's waist a little squeeze.

Molly noticed the closeness between the two, and squeezed Owen's hand in acknowledgement that they had done a good thing by giving Seth and her mother the bouquet and the garter. "I wanted to thank Brian and Justin, but I see they're dancing up a storm out there," Molly added.

"They know you were glad to have them here," Jennifer said. "You'll see lots of them at the brunch tomorrow."

"Oh shit!" Molly reacted. "I almost forgot about the damn brunch."

"Molly!" Jennifer reprimanded her with a frown.

"Well, I did."

"You will be there," Jennifer stated firmly.

"I'll be there," Molly sighed.

"Good night, sweetheart. You too, my new son," Jennifer said, kissing each of them. "I'll tell Brian and Justin that you were asking about them."

"Thanks," Molly replied.

They started towards the exit of the room. As they passed the dessert table that Emmett had laid out for late night snacking, they spotted Raphael and Hector, and went to speak with them. When they turned around, they saw Craig and Susan just coming off the dance floor.

"I need to talk to my father," Molly told Owen. They made their way over to the couple. "Daddy," Molly said, throwing her arms around her father's neck. "You don't know what it meant to me to have my whole family here today, and to have you walk me down the aisle."

"I think I know, sweetheart. I feel the same way," Craig replied. He hugged his daughter tightly, knowing in his heart that he had made the right decision.

"Good night, Molly and Owen," Susan contributed. "I hope your lives as a married couple may be happy and fulfilled."

"Thanks," they both said, before they were finally able to leave the room.

"It's time for us to go," Craig stated.

"I was hoping for another dance," Susan laughed.

"Not with them doing that!" Craig retorted, as he glared at the dance floor.

Susan followed his line of sight and her eyes came to rest on Brian and Justin who were once again grinding against each other to the thumpa thumpa music the DJ was playing.

"Let's go! NOW!" Craig ordered taking her hand and practically dragging her from the room.

Chapter 10 by SabinaThymeSunshine

 

Chapter 10

^^^^^^^^

Brian rubbed his dick against Justin's ass. He had his arms wrapped around his husband's chest and his face buried in Justin's hair. He was so fucking horny. He wanted to bend Justin over and plow into him right in front of the assembled masses. He wanted Justin that bad.

"Let's get out of here," Brian whispered into Justin's ear. "I think your sister just left."

Justin felt his mind try to refocus. He had been so lost in the sensations that Brian was creating all over his body, that he was having trouble discerning what was real. "'Kay," Justin said, sounding so much like Bree. "I have the most humongous hard on."

"I know how humongous it is too," Brian chuckled, low and sexy.

"And I know what to do with it."

"Yes, you do."

"I seem to remember something about topping," Justin whispered back, as Brian continued to grind against his ass.

"Oh, you want some of those strawberry tarts with whipped cream topping, that I saw Emmett bring out a while ago?" Brian asked.

"That wasn't the kind of topping that I had in mind," Justin giggled. "But I'm sure a little sustenance for later wouldn't go amiss."

"My how formal, Mr. Taylor."

"To suit the occasion, Mr. Kinney."

"Let's go."

"Let's stop by the dessert table on our way out," Justin suggested. He strategically crossed his hands in front of his groin.

"Do you think they have a plate big enough to cover the bulge in your trousers?"

"Everyone knows how much I like to eat. I'm sure I can improvise something," Justin giggled.

"I have no doubt that you can."

Brian took Justin's hand and they headed for the dessert table. Before they got there, they passed a table where Hector and Raphael were seated enjoying some of Emmett's delicacies. Raphael smiled up at Brian and Hector made a face.

Brian couldn't help himself. He winked at the two.

"What are you doing?" Justin asked him.

"You know me. I can't resist stirring up a little shit."

"Leave them alone. We are on a mission. Did you forget?"

"Never, Sunshine."

"Good, then let's make a pre-emptive strike and get some of those strawberry tarts before we head upstairs."

"Roger," Brian replied in his best military voice. Justin giggled and Brian felt his dick grow harder. "Hurry up before I drag you under the table and fuck your ass off. We wouldn't want to disturb Emmett's fabulous table."

"Definitely not," Justin chuckled, as he loaded up the biggest plate he could find. "Okay, let's go."

They headed for the exit only to run into Michael who was returning from the men's room. "Hey, you guys leaving?" he asked.

"Yeah, we have to … um … go check on Bree," Justin fudged.

"So you're going to fuck."

"Yeah," Justin admitted.

"Say good night, Mikey," Brian said with a smirk. What was the point of denying where they were going or pretending they weren't going upstairs to fuck?

"Good night, Mikey," Michael parroted with a grin.

Brian gave his old friend a quick kiss and they headed for the elevators. When they reached the suite, they found Gus asleep on the couch in the living room. The TV was still blaring. Brian switched it off.

"Do you think we should wake him up?" Justin asked.

"Naw, let's check on Bree and Patrick," Brian said.

They quietly opened the door to the second bedroom. Bree was asleep in one twin bed and Patrick in the other. The cot that had been provided for Gus was empty. Brian pulled a blanket off the cot. His kissed Bree and Patrick as did Justin. They went back into the living room where Brian covered up his sleeping son and bussed him on the forehead.

"Let's get this mission underway," Brian said heading for their bedroom. "I can't wait for some of that topping."

"Coming right up," Justin giggled. He picked up his plate of desserts and carried it into the bedroom, carefully locking the door behind him.

^^^^^^^^

"Daddy! Dada!" a little voice called through the door.

Brian groaned and rolled over onto his stomach. "Wake up, Sunshine. Your daughter's at the door."

"When did she become my daughter?" Justin sighed, keeping his eyes closed and hoping Bree would go back to bed.

"She's always been your daughter."

"And yours."

"Not at nine a.m.," Brian replied looking at the clock on the night table. "Nine a.m.," he repeated. "Shit! It's late."

"Not late enough," Justin groused.

"Daddy! Dada!" Bree called again. They both heard Gus trying to shush her. Then a little hand banged on the door. "Daddy! Dada!" she repeated.

"She's stubborn just like you," Brian observed. "Get up and let her in."

"Why don't you get up and let her in?"

"Because I have a sore ass, and you don't."

Justin opened his eyes and grinned. "Oh yeah, right, I forgot." He grinned lasciviously at the memory of the night's activities.

"I thought it might have been a little more memorable than that," Brian said arching a brow at his husband.

"It was damn fine," Justin smiled.

"Yes, damn fine."

"Right, very fine!"

"Daddy! Dada!" The little voice was back, along with some more banging on the door.

"She won't stop, Pop," Gus called.

"Are you getting up?" Brian asked Justin.

"Oh fuck!" Justin replied throwing back the sheets and grabbing some underwear.

"And we have your sister's fucking brunch to attend," Brian added with a suitable glower.

"It's not my sister's brunch. It's my mother's brunch for the newlyweds," Justin corrected his husband.

"Same difference. Do we have to go?"

Justin unlocked the door to the bedroom. With a squeal of, "Daddy!" he found himself with an armful of little blonde girl.

"Hi, sweetheart, did you sleep good?" Justin asked.

"Yes, Daddy. Where Dada?" Brian had drawn the covers up over his head so he wasn't visible.

"See that lump in the bed?" Justin whispered. Bree nodded. "That's Dada." Justin set Bree down knowing what would happen.

Bree ran over to the bed, climbed up and with a cry of "Dada!" she pounced.

"OW," Brian cried as Bree landed on his sore ass.

"Sowwy, Dada," Bree said, tumbling to the side as Brian rolled over.

"You're going to kill me one of these days," Brian told her before he pulled her into a hug and kissed her little face.

"Love you, Dada."

"And I love you right back."

Justin smiled as he headed for the shower. "It's time we get moving. The brunch starts at ten."

"Oh, fu…" Brian stopped before completing the word.

"Fudge, Dada," Bree said seriously. She knew her Dada sometimes used the bad word that she had been told not to say. Fudge seemed to be okay though.

"Oh fucking fudge," Brian said, refusing to be censored. He started tickling his daughter, making her giggle until she was gasping for air.

^^^^^^^^

The Taylor-Kinney family walked into the small ballroom at the Plaza just after ten-thirty. It had taken longer than expected to get everyone ready. Bree had another pretty new frock that she was decked out in. Gus had a new suit that Brian had bought for him a couple of weeks earlier. Brian and Justin wore their usual fashionable and elegant suits.

They were closely followed by Patrick and his dads, looking pretty dapper themselves. The Morrison-Anderson contingent had enjoyed the night of dining and dancing at the wedding. Patrick had slept soundly in the room with Bree while his dads enjoyed a night of alone time in a big hotel.

Both Bobby and Brian were sporting tender asses. They checked out the chairs to make sure they had soft seats. Luckily they did.

Jennifer had decided to rent a small ballroom at the Plaza for the brunch. She would have liked to have had it at her home, but the townhouse was just too small and logistically was not suitable for the number of people who had been invited to the brunch.

Jennifer and Seth were standing not far from the doorway, so that Jennifer could greet her guests as they arrived. She looked cool and elegant in a pale blue shot silk suit that fit her perfectly. Seth couldn't seem to take his eyes off her.

"Morning, sweetheart," Jennifer said to Justin as she kissed his cheek. "And there's my girl." She picked up Bree and gave her a big kiss.

"Hi, Gamma," Bree replied. "Do you like my dress?"

"You look just as beautiful today as you did yesterday."

Bree smiled. "Hello, Mr. Harris," she said formally to Seth.

"Hello to you too," Seth laughed.

Bree smiled at him. She liked this man.

"You're strangely quiet today," Jennifer said to Brian.

"Yes, Mother Taylor. I think I'm weddinged out."

"Aren't we all? I don't know why I agreed to this brunch. Sharon said it was de rigueur." Jennifer made a face.

"And what did Molly say?" Brian asked.

"Fuck her!" Jennifer laughed. "Oh, I mean fuck Sharon … is what she said. I shouldn't have said that, should I?" Jennifer's face was quite red with embarrassment, as she looked at Seth. He was such a proper gentleman and now she had gone and cussed in front of him, had said her daughter used language like that too. She wished the floor would open up and swallow her.

Seth stared at Jennifer for a moment. "I'm with Molly. Fuck her!" he stated.

Both Brian and Jennifer could hardly believe their ears then they burst out laughing at the unexpected words from Seth Harris.

"What?" Seth asked. "I may know the social niceties, but it doesn't mean that I have to be constrained by them."

Jennifer leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I like you more and more as we spend time together."

"The feeling is mutual, my dear."

Briana had watched all this. She turned to her Daddy and used her best baby voice. "Hungy, Daddy."

"Briana!" Brian raised an eyebrow at her.

"I'm hungry," she sighed.

"Then let's go test out Emmett's major buffet table," Justin told her.

The brunch went well. The guests enjoyed Emmett's delicious fare. He had decorated the room minimally, but tastefully.

Molly and Owen were circulating the room, each carrying a mimosa and a tiny plate of food so that they at least could have a few bites in between talking to people. The Brenners and Sarah Kingsley arrived, making a grand entrance just after eleven. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves as they sat at the tables scattered about the room. People came and went, meeting friends and family, rehashing the glory that was Molly and Owen's wedding. Craig and Susan Taylor were conspicuous by their absence.

Stacey Manning caught up with Brian and Justin as they were sitting at a table enjoying their food. "Are you planning on coming to New York any time soon?" she asked Brian.

"Not that I know of."

"I have some ideas for expansion that I wanted to run past you."

"Do you now?" Brian asked, arching a brow. This Stacey was a far cry from the capable but rather shy girl he had hired. She was self-confident and ready to take on the world. "I think I could arrange something."

"Good, I don't want to take up your time at the brunch, but I really do have some ideas that I think will please you."

"Always happy to listen to members of my team. I'll either come to New York or arrange a video conference call with you. How's that?" Brian asked.

"Great! Talk to you soon." Stacey made her way over to where Owen Sr., Sharon and Sarah were sitting.

Justin watched the family interaction.

"A million bucks for your thoughts, Sunshine," Brian said.

"Um … just watching the Brenners. They have interesting family dynamics."

"That's the understatement of the month."

"Yeah, but they're still a family."

"You're thinking about your father, aren't you?"

Justin nodded. "I thought he might come today, after being at the wedding and the reception."

"That was huge for him to be there. You can't ask him to change overnight," Brian stated philosophically. He no longer felt anger towards Craig Taylor the way he had for so long.

"I know, but I keep hoping," Justin sighed.

Brian watched him for a few seconds. "You know, our family is pretty special."

"Of course it is. What do you mean?" Justin asked with a frown.

"I mean that we have been together longer than half the people in this room. We have a beautiful daughter." He chucked Bree under the chin and made her giggle. "We love each other, and we have way too many friends and family who are always insinuating themselves into our lives. How lucky can you get?" Brian tried to put sarcasm into that last statement, but he couldn't quite make it sound sarcastic. They really were blessed by whatever gods oversaw gay marriages. Life couldn't be better.

^^^^^^^^

The 'morning after brunch' was waning. Emmett and his minions helped pack up the wedding gifts and load them into Jennifer's car. The 'loot' would stay at Jenn's house until the newlyweds came back from their honeymoon.

The Liberty Avenue guests were ready to go back to their everyday lives and were preparing to invade Edna's Treasures for their Christmas celebration. Emmett couldn't wait for his first official Christmas at his cottage with Drew.

The Kinney-Taylor, Anderson-Morrison family was looking forward to going back to Edna's Treasures, to their own quiet home of the conjoined cottages.

Melanie and Lindsay were ready to follow through with their promises of a family vacation and then a honeymoon. Brian gave Lindsay the name of his travel agent and the information for the bed and breakfast in St. Augustine, with his recommendation that the Piece of Plenty was the perfect place for a honeymoon. Although Brian did warn them about Clinton Die.

As the happy newlyweds was about to take off, Sarah Kingsley gave them her blessing, declared the wedding was the highlight of the year then bid everyone a good day. It was time to go.

"Bri, I'm going to take Bree back up to our rooms for one last pee before we go," Justin wisely said.

"Good idea, I should rid myself of the excess coffee. Besides I want to take one last look around to make sure we didn't forget anything."

"Yeah, I'd hate to think of the consequences if we left Munequita or Bunny behind," Justin agreed with Brian. Brian nodded.

"Maybe we should all go," Bobby suggested. The brothers and their family took the elevator back up to their suites for a final inspection.

Within twenty minutes they declared the rooms cleared of any personal belongings and they were ready for a nice leisurely drive home.

"Daddy, what's taking Dada so long?" Bree asked her father who was wondering the same thing.

"I'm not sure, baby." Justin gently knocked on the bathroom door. "Bri, you okay in there? Do you want John to bring the car around?" When Justin received no reply, he knocked a little harder.

"Brian! Are you okay?" Justin knocked harder and jiggled the door handle. Finding it locked, he began to knock even harder. "Brian! Answer me, please, you're scaring me! John, he won't answer me." Justin was beginning to panic.

"Dada! Dada! Dada!" Bree screamed at the bathroom door.

"Justin, I'll go get housekeeping to open the door." Bobby was halfway out of the suite when John called him back. John was very adept at opening the standard lock.

"Brian?" Justin said softly as he entered the bathroom and quickly scanned for his partner.

Brian stood frozen staring at himself in the mirror, his trousers not completely fastened.

"Brian, what is it?" Justin pleaded as he approached his partner who looked pale in spite of his tan. Brian held up a lightly blood tinged hand.

"I found a lump."

TBC

This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=909