Tool Belt Man by Thyme
Summary:

Written for the Quoin Around the Corner Challenge.  Takes place in the future. Warning: Mpreg


Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Justin Taylor, Original Character, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: MPreg (Yup! Went THERE!), Prostitution
Genres: Alternate Universe
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 23043 Read: 20680 Published: Apr 27, 2017 Updated: Apr 27, 2017

1. Chapter 1 by Thyme

2. Chapter 2 by Thyme

3. Chapter 3 by Thyme

4. Chapter 4 by Thyme

5. Chapter 5 by Thyme

6. Chapter 6 by Thyme

7. Chapter 7 by Thyme

8. Chapter 8 by Thyme

9. Chapter 9 by Thyme

Chapter 1 by Thyme



Tool Belt Man

Chapter 1



"In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
They may find…

In the year 3535…"

Justin let the words of the old song wash over him. He had listened to this old digital tape time and time again. It spoke of a bleak future where man might very well not survive. He could see that happening. It was only 2050, but the world might never make it to 2525. He sure as hell wouldn't.

He leaned his head back against the pillows on his bed. His hand came around his stomach and held on. He felt the wave of nausea begin to rise and he made a beeline for the bathroom. He managed to get to the toilet as the remnants of the skimpy lunch he had eaten came up.

When he was through he closed the lid of the toilet and flushed. He stuck his head under the tap and sucked some water to rinse his mouth. This constant throwing up was the worst part of his condition. He could deal with the other symptoms but the nausea really interfered with his work and was extremely unpleasant.

Justin walked back into the bedroom and slumped down on the bed. He had hit repeat on the sound system and the same song began again. He listened to the words and a tear fell silently. He wondered what the hell he was thinking. Why was he putting up with all this shit? He could end it quickly enough, but then he truly would have nothing to live for.

He thought back over the last three years, over his entire life. He was only twenty years old but he felt like a hundred some days. When he had been born the world was already at war. After 911, that infamous day in American history, the planet had gone crazy. The U.S. had invaded Iraq and alienated the Muslim world. There had been terrorist attack after terrorist attack. Troops had been sent all over the world. Chemical and nuclear devices had been used, killing millions and leading to who knew what terrible consequences in the future.

Most of the men in the world had been destroyed either in warfare or by chemicals that decimated straight men. For some reason the chemicals had not killed off gay men, but they had caused some unforeseen changes in them, and Justin was a living example of that.

Despite the world chaos his parents had managed to maintain a fairly good lifestyle for Justin and his sister Molly. His father worked in the munitions industry and there was high demand for his products. They had had a nice house in the suburbs of Pittsburgh until that fateful day over three years ago. His parents and Molly had gone to visit his grandparents in New York. Justin had stayed home to do some painting and catch up on his schoolwork. The dirty bomb that was unleashed on New York City killed millions and wiped out over half of the state, his whole family included.

Justin felt the tears roll down his cheeks. He thought about his mother, a beautiful blonde woman that he sometimes had trouble picturing these days. He remembered her smile that could warm him down to the tips of his toes. He missed her so much. He had no one to love or to love him, at least not until four months from now. Maybe then…

Justin grabbed his stomach and ran to the bathroom. He didn't quite make it to the toilet in time and he vomited all over the tiles falling to his knees and finishing throwing up into the toilet bowl. He leaned his head on the seat and let the tears flow. He wanted someone so bad. He wanted to be loved and looked after. He wanted to feel safe and secure … for himself and for his unborn baby. He clutched his stomach knowing that in four months his daughter would be born and she would be beautiful. He would love her and take care of her. He would name her Jennifer … Jenny, after his mother. If only he had someone to love him like he would love Jenny then everything would be perfect.

He dragged himself up and grabbed the rags from under the sink. He cleaned up the mess he had made and rinsed out the rags. He would probably need them again before he was done. When he had tidied up, he made his way back to his bed leaning against the pillows and stretching out. He could see the blue sky outside his window. It looked nice and normal.

It was afternoon and the nausea should be over. He hoped nothing bad was happening inside him. He'd stay still on the bed for awhile and see if it passed. The song cycled and started to play again.

Justin closed his eyes and thought about how he had ended up here in the Quoin. His parents had had insurance but with all the death and war many insurance companies had gone bankrupt including the one that should have paid him benefits. He had tried to keep up the mortgage on their house but finally he had been evicted and had lived on the streets for several weeks until he had met Billy.

Billy was a hustler at the Quoin. He had told Justin that he could have food and a place to sleep if he'd come trick there. Justin had been reluctant, but Billy had persuaded him to talk to Manny who owned the old Paradise Hotel which had become the Quoin. Manny had been very fatherly towards Justin, liking the lad's manners which were considerably better than most of the boys who worked at the Quoin. He had offered Justin a room and all the tricks he could handle.

Justin had developed some interesting techniques with rimming and blowjobs. That resulted in many repeat customers who wanted only him. He had earned quite a good income until two months ago.

He thought back to that night. There was no way to explain what happened. Nobody was really to blame. The trick had been a little rough but nothing that Justin couldn't handle or hadn't had to deal with before. The man had wanted anal intercourse and Justin had agreed. The trick, funny he couldn't remember his name, had really gotten into it, ramming him mercilessly. But Justin had been treated worse. He didn't think anything of it until the guy had finally cum. He thought something didn't feel right. When the trick pulled out, he could feel the cum dripping from his ass and he knew the condom had broken. The trick was horrified at what had happened probably worrying that he had gotten AIDS or some other terrible thing from Justin.

Justin had been tested for HIV and had come up negative. He was sure the trick would too, although he never saw him again. The surprising part was when the doctor called a week or two later to tell Justin that he was pregnant. Justin laughed in his face when he went to the doctor's office. The doctor patiently explained that this was a new phenomenon that had been occurring more and more often lately. It seemed that some mutation had taken place that now enabled men to get pregnant and deliver a baby rectally. It had something to do with all the contamination and devastation of the species. It was some new kind of adaptation.

Justin had been floored. The doctor told him that the baby could be aborted any time up to the start of the third month of pregnancy. Justin was about to enter that phase in a few days. The entire pregnancy would last six months. He should have a healthy baby girl if he decided to go full term.

It had been a hard decision. Being all alone meant doing everything by himself. But a baby meant that he would no longer be alone. He longed for a family. If only he had a partner to share all of this with. A few more tears escaped his eyes. Ultimately he had decided he wanted the baby, his daughter, regardless of how she had been conceived and in spite of the fact that it would be the two of them against the world.

Justin had begun to save as soon as he made his decision. He had taken as many clients as he could handle at first and had been earning lots of money. The damn morning sickness had really put a crimp in his savings plans though. He had to refuse some clients when he was too sick. Others refused to take a chance on him knowing that he might have to interrupt a good fuck or blowjob to go to the bathroom or throw up.

"In the year 3535
Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do or say
Is in the pill you took today"

Justin listened to the lyrics as the song played again. He wished he could take a pill like that to do his thinking for him, to make him feel better. He was depressed a lot lately. Maybe a pill could stop the morning sickness. He sighed. The doctor had explained that they were still learning about male pregnancy and that he should try to avoid all medication as its effect on the baby was unknown.

Suddenly the phone rang. He quickly shut off the music and picked it up.

"Yes," he said. "I can do that. I'm all right. I'll be right down. Five minutes."

Justin hauled himself up from the bed. At least he didn't show yet. He could still look sexy and he needed money for him and Jenny. He changed his clothes wearing some loose pants that fit his ass well and a crop top. He headed downstairs.

As he entered the lobby he saw a tall dark haired man standing at the front desk talking to Manny. His heart jumped. The man was young, maybe not as young as him, but not old like so many of his clients. Maybe this was the one, the one who would love him and help him and take him away from here.

The tall man turned as Manny said, "Justin."

Justin stared into jet black eyes that were somehow cold and unseeing. He shivered. This wasn't the man he was longing for. He was a trick. Get it together and earn your money, he told himself.

"Justin, this is Max," Manny said. "Take him to Room 6."

"Sure," Justin said and turned away from the coldness in those eyes.

He walked quickly down the hall to Room 6. He felt a tingle of nausea and fought it back. He could do this. He opened the door and let Max go in first. Sadly he closed the door behind them.



-----



Justin deep throated Max and the man came with unbelievable force. Justin released the cock from his mouth before the cum could shoot down his throat. Max let out a long breath of satisfaction. He didn't know what it was about this kid but he couldn't get enough of him. He had called twice to the front desk to extend his time with Justin. He felt the bed shift as the boy got up again and went into the bathroom. Max could hear him peeing. He wondered if there was something wrong with the boy. That was about the fifth time he had gone to the bathroom since they had come into the room.

"You all right?" Max called.

"Yeah," Justin replied sticking his head out the door. "Be right out."

He closed the door and leaned against it. The nausea was gone for today, but he was so tired, so lethargic. He was sure it was the result of the pregnancy, but there was nothing he could do about it except pretend to be turned on and hope he didn't fall asleep with Max's dick in his mouth or his tongue up the guy's ass.

He opened the door and returned naked to the bed. Max immediately rolled over and nuzzled his neck.

"Easy," Justin gasped as Max's hand found his balls. He had hoped for a little rest before they began again.

"I can't get enough of you," Max moaned rolling on top of Justin and humping against him.

"I've noticed that," Justin said. "I think we have time for one more … if you want."

"I want," Max said emphatically. "I want to fuck you, fuck you like you've never been fucked before."

Justin hesitated. The doctor had told him that it was all right to have anal intercourse until the end of his fourth month, but he was a little reluctant. He didn't want to take any chances of hurting the baby. So far he had done all the work with Max, using his expert sucking and rimming techniques to make the man squeal with delight.

"It'll cost you an extra hundred for that," Justin said deciding that he was going to get some money out of this. "Up front."

Max rolled over and fished for his wallet in his pants. He pulled out a hundred dollars and handed it to Justin.

"Okay," Justin said as Max rolled him onto his stomach and began licking down his back. "There's more condoms and lube on the nightstand."

Max grunted as his mouth had reached Justin's ass. He could feel the man smelling him as well as licking and sucking at his pucker. The doctor had told him that pregnant men had been discovered to give off a very powerful pheromone that made other men lust after them. He was sure that must be what Max was high on.

He felt Max's fingers rake into him and he cried out in pain.

"Shut up!" Max ordered his fingers pressing and stretching. Justin groaned and bit his lip.

He felt Max's cock breach the outer ring of his hole and he cried out again.

"I told you to shut up," Max said through gritted teeth as he drove in the rest of the way.

Justin yelled out in pain and Max slapped him hard in the back of the head. He pounded against Justin without giving the boy time to adjust. Justin bit down hard to keep from screaming. He could taste blood where he had bit his lip.

Max was in a frenzy and thankfully it didn't take long for him to get his rocks off. When he was done he quickly withdrew leaving Justin open and sore. He threw on his clothes and walked to the door.

"That was fucking insane. I'll probably be back tomorrow."

He slammed the door behind him as he left.

Justin rolled over. He hurt … everywhere, including what little pride he had left. He felt the tears run down his face. He had wanted the money but he didn't want to be used like some piece of meat and then abandoned. He sat up wincing at the pain in his ass. He hoped Jenny was all right. He had done this for her, to get money for their future, but he could have hurt his unborn child at the same time. He felt more tears roll down his face. His life was a piece of shit and there was nothing he could do about it.

He stood unsteadily on his feet. He debated taking a shower here in Room 6, but he longed for one of his baths at home in his room. He wiped his tears away and picked up his clothes not bothering to put them on. He carried them over his arm as he climbed the stairs to his bedroom. No one was in the halls and he was grateful for that. He didn't want to explain to anybody including Billy. He locked his door behind him and started running the water in the tub.

He opened his left hand realizing that he was still clutching the hundred dollars that Max had given him. He smoothed out the crumpled bills. He added them to his stash in the coffee can estimating that he now would have over three thousand dollars for him and Jenny. He'd count it later to be sure.

The tub was full and he eased his sore body into the warm water that he had scented with rose water. He loved that smell. Since he had become pregnant it was almost like an obsession with him. He felt the warm water take the chill off his abused body. He relaxed and leaned against the tub cushion he had attached to the wall.

"It'll be all right, Jenny. Don't you worry," Justin said running his hand across his belly and talking to his daughter. "I love you. You remember that. We'll find someone to love us. I know we will. And we'll be a family. We'll be happy."

Justin sighed and closed his eyes. He pictured Max's face for a fleeting second. One of these days the right man would come to the Quoin and he wouldn't have cold eyes like Max. They'd be rich and golden and warm.

"We'll find him, Jenny. I know we will."

Chapter 2 by Thyme

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 2



Justin got up in good time the next day. He pulled the coffee can down and put on his coffeemaker. He switched the can containing the actual coffee with the one behind it that held his savings. While the coffee brewed he counted out his stash. He had three thousand and fifty-two dollars, not much to start a new life on, but better than nothing.

He knew he couldn't stay at the Quoin when his daughter was born. He didn't think Manny would let him, but he also did not want his daughter growing up in this kind of place. He wanted a normal life for her, if there was such a thing as a normal life anymore in this fucked up world.

He had a couple of months to decide what he was going to do when he left the Quoin. He had to find some kind of job and daycare for his daughter. He just didn't know how he was going to do it all.

There was a knock at his door. It would be Billy coming to join him for morning coffee. He quickly shoved the money back into the can and hid it behind the real coffee in the cupboard. As much as Billy was his friend, he didn't really trust anybody at the Quoin, and three thousand dollars was a lot of money for any of the boys.

"Morning," he said opening the door.

Billy came right in and poured coffee for each of them.

"You don't seem so sick this morning," Billy observed.

"I'm almost at the end of the first two months. It's supposed to ease off after that … thankfully," Justin said.

"I can't believe you're keeping it."

"I'm keeping her … and I want her."

"But it was a mistake … a horrible mistake."

"It was a mistake, but I think it will turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to me."

Billy shook his head. He couldn't understand Justin's obsession with this baby. Who'd want one? It was just going to fuck up his friend's life more than it already was.

Justin watched Billy's reaction. He knew his friend had no understanding of what was happening to him. Justin was the first and so far only boy at the Quoin to get pregnant. The other boys looked at him suspiciously and kept their distance. Billy was his only friend, and even he didn't understand.

They sipped their coffee in silence for a bit.

"Want to go to a movie this afternoon?" Billy asked.

Justin shook his head. "I've told Manny I'll work every day. I need to save money for the baby."

"Jesus, you sound like some fucking breeder!"

"I guess I am some fucking breeder," Justin responded. Sometimes he didn't like Billy very much.

"Gotta go," Billy said standing up. He hurriedly left the room leaving Justin with the cleanup. Justin grimaced but he knew Billy was the biggest slob in the whole Quoin. He also knew that Billy would be back tomorrow morning for another cup of coffee.

Justin felt a little queasy after the coffee but he lay down on the bed for awhile and it seemed to pass. He pulled out one of his sketchbooks after a bit and began to draw. He loved to be able to draw a world that didn't exist, or rather existed only in his head. He could envision a little cottage maybe with a vegetable garden round back and roses in the front yard. He drew a little girl who he modeled after his sister Molly. She was chasing a butterfly in front of the house. He wondered if Jenny would look anything like Molly. He hoped so. It would almost be like having a piece of his family come back to him.

The phone rang as he was finishing up the sketch. Justin answered immediately. He had another customer, one of his regulars. This man was old and always gentle. Justin thought that would be a good thing after the way that guy, Max, had treated him yesterday.

He met the client in Room 5. They always used that room when Albert came early in the day like today. Nobody else was hardly up and they could have their pick of rooms, but they liked Room 5 for some reason.

As Justin had been about to close the door to Room 5 behind him he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He glanced out into the hall and saw a tall slim man wearing a tool belt disappear into one of the rooms down the hall. It was only a fleeting glimpse and Justin didn't know why the man had caused that reaction. He must be a workman of some sort. Lord knows the Quoin could use a major overhaul. Or maybe he was a workman coming in from a job to get his dick sucked before his next appointment.

Justin closed the door shaking his head at the reaction he had felt. Albert sat on the side of the bed waiting for him.

"Hi, Albert," Justin said with a smile.

"Hi, young 'un. You look a little better today," Albert said letting Justin know that he remembered about the pregnancy and didn't want to make things any worse for Justin.

"I don't feel too bad, but you'll forgive me if I have to run to the bathroom or throw up?"

"Of course," Albert said with a smile, "but I hope it doesn't happen."

"Do you want the usual?"

Albert nodded and Justin knelt in front of the man unzipping his pants and pulling out the flaccid cock. "Looks like he needs a lot of help today," Albert said sadly.

"I think we can fix that." Justin began removing his clothes. He swayed seductively as he did so noting the slight twitching that caused in Albert's dick.

Suddenly he bolted for the bathroom and threw up the coffee he had drunk before. He wiped his face and returned to Albert.

"Sorry about that," he apologized.

"Don't worry. But you'll have to start over," Albert admitted looking at the condition of his cock which had returned to its original state of inactivity.

"I can handle it," Justin said confidently and he began to do just that, his hand stroking gently along the length of the man.

Albert leaned towards Justin and kissed him. He sniffed along Justin's jaw and down into the crook of his neck. Justin could see the effect the kiss and the sniff were having on what he held in his hand.

"We seem to be making progress, Albert," Justin said softly.

Albert leaned back on the bed and emitted a long moan. "You are the only one who can do this for me anymore," Albert said with his eyes closed.

"I'm sure you could get it up with any young twink," Justin chuckled trying to encourage the older man.

"They don't want anything to do with an old coot like me. That scent you emit these days is almost enough to make me cum when I sniff it."

"I'm glad it helps," Justin replied still stroking the slowly engorging cock. "There's not much about pregnancy that has any positive side … except what you get at the end of it," he added quickly.

Justin's mouth closed over the stiffening cock and he began to suck and tease and lick. He felt Albert relax knowing that they had got to the good part. Justin worked slowly knowing that Albert savored the feelings coursing through his body. He came to the Quoin about once a month. Justin suspected that was all he could afford. The old man sighed and grabbed Justin's hair directing him to work a little harder. Justin obliged and became more forceful with the blowjob eliciting appropriate moans and groans from his client.

Justin was careful to extend the exquisite tension without letting Albert get off too soon. The old man would be sated for another month, so Justin wanted to give him every satisfaction that he could. Justin continued to suck and lick the almost erect cock. He could hear Albert gasping and moaning loudly. His hand grasped the old man's balls and squeezed. He heard Albert shout Justin's name and knew he was going to shoot. He released the cock from his mouth and milked it with his hand as the spasms forced the spunk out the slit.

Albert gasped and grabbed his chest. He fell back on the bed panting.

"Are you okay, Albert?" Justin asked. He always had a nagging worry that the man might have a heart attack right in the middle of a blowjob.

"I'm fine," Albert gasped. "Never better. I can always count on you, Justin."

"Always," Justin said sincerely crawling up onto the bed with Albert and kissing the old man's cheek. "Oh, oh," Justin said suddenly and ran for the bathroom. He threw up what little was still in his stomach.

When he returned to the bedroom Albert was sitting on the side of the bed, his cock neatly tugged away. "You okay?"

"My morning sickness seems to be becoming afternoon sickness," Justin said noting it was after noon.

"It should be over soon," Albert said.

"So they tell me. I can hardly wait."

"I … I want you to have this," Albert said hesitantly. "It's for you and the little one," he said tapping Justin's tummy. "Is that where they are in a man?"

"Somewhere in there. I'm told I'll get a thick waist but no real belly like women used to get."

"Who knew?" Albert said shaking his head at the thought of a world with so many things he no longer could comprehend. He handed Justin an envelope.

"What's this? Albert, I don't want you giving me things."

"Open it later and tell the little one about me when she's old enough to understand."

"I will, but really, you shouldn't."

"I want to." Albert smiled sadly. "I have to go. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to come see you," Albert said sadly.

"Are you ill?"

Albert nodded. "But not to worry. What will be, will be."

"I'm sorry," Justin said honestly. "I hope we have a few more times together."

"Me too," Albert said. He stood and leaned down to kiss Justin's cheek. "Thank you for taking pity on an old man, and giving me some pleasure in the twilight of my life."

Justin opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't think of what that might be. He looked down at the envelope. When he looked back up the door was closing behind Albert. Justin suspected he might never see the man again.

As Justin climbed the stairs to his room he could feel the envelope in his pocket. He knew Albert didn't have a lot of money and he hoped the man had not given him money he would need if he was ill. He stepped into the hallway leading to his room and saw a man wearing a tool belt enter Billy's room. He felt that same unnerving tingle in his scalp and the hair on his neck stood up. He walked slowly down the hall wondering who this man could be. Billy's room was next to his and he had to pass it to get to his own room. The door stood open and no one was visible. Justin was sure he had seen the tool belt man go in there.

"Hello," he called tentatively.

"Yeah," a voice said from the bathroom.

"Who are you? What are you doing in Billy's room?" Justin called.

"Trying to fix a clogged toilet," was the reply along with some grunting.

Justin stepped through the door. He could see the back of the man working a plunger up and down in the toilet.

"Does Billy know you're in here?" Justin asked.

"Is Billy the fucking pig who lives here and stuffs God knows what down his goddam toilet?"

Justin giggled. That was a pretty good description of Billy. He was a pig in his personal habits. That's why he always came to Justin's for coffee. Justin refused to come there.

There was an almighty grunt and then the tool belt man said, "Got it." His voice had the sound of ultimate satisfaction. Justin heard the toilet flush and saw the man wait to be sure that everything disappeared.

"You're not Billy, are you?" tool belt man asked without turning around.

"Fuck no! I'm not that big a pig."

"Good," tool belt man laughed and turned around.

Justin found himself staring into the gentlest, most golden eyes he had ever seen. His heart skipped a beat and he felt his stomach flip over.

"Excuse me," Justin gasped and ran past tool belt man to throw up in the toilet.

When the gagging subsided he hauled himself to his feet and turned to apologize to tool belt man. He was nowhere to be seen.

Justin ran to the still open door. The hall was empty and all the doors were closed.

"Fuck!" Justin said out loud. "I must have made quite a first impression."

He pulled Billy's door closed behind him and it locked automatically. He felt his head swim a bit and knew he better lay down. He kept his hand on the wall as he walked to his own door. He quickly unlocked it and walked inside. As soon as he reached the bed he dropped down on it and pulled the cover over himself. A shiver ran through his body.

"Who was that man?" Justin asked his unborn daughter. "I have to find out more about him, Jenny," he said softly rubbing his stomach. "He could be the one. He had gentle golden eyes and I liked the sound of his laugh. I wish he hadn't left before I found out who he was. Manny should know who he is. I'll ask him as soon as I feel a little better. Maybe we won't be alone too much longer, Jenny."

Justin's eyes closed and he dozed, dreaming of golden eyes and a gentle laugh. He had to find out who that man was.

Chapter 3 by Thyme

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 3



Justin awoke late in the afternoon. He felt better than he had for a long time. He wondered if maybe he had passed the hurdle of morning sickness and wouldn't have to put up with that anymore. Nothing would please him more.

He pushed himself off the bed and went to wash the sleep out of his eyes. He looked in the mirror and saw his blue eyes staring back. Then he remembered tool belt man, those golden eyes. He had to find Manny and see if he could learn more about this stranger whose presence had sent chills, in a good way, through him.

He ran down the stairs feeling light and hopeful for the first time in a long while. He could see Manny at the front desk and he hurried over.

"Hi, Justin," Manny said. "You look good today."

"I feel good. I think maybe my morning sickness is over."

"Good news for your customers."

"Yeah," Justin chuckled. "It is a little disconcerting when I have to ask them to take their tongue off my cock or their dick out of my ass so I can run to the bathroom to throw up."

"You must be damn good because they keep coming back regardless of what you do," Manny said with a grin.

"I'm the best," Justin bragged with a grin. "Don't they all tell you that?"

"Most of them, except…"

"Except who?" Justin asked puzzled. Nobody had had any complaints that he knew of.

"Albert told me that he probably won't be back. He didn't book his next appointment. Wouldn't say why."

Justin grimaced. That was what he had thought. Albert would never come back. "I think he's dying," Justin managed to say and he could feel the tears well up. His emotions were always so close to the surface even more so now that he was pregnant.

"Jesus," Manny said. "I never thought of anything like that." He shook his head at the news.

"He kind of said goodbye to me today. I'll miss him." Justin felt the envelope in his pocket and made a mental note to open it when he got back to his room. "Manny, have you got a handyman of some kind working at the Quoin?"

"Yeah, I hired him yesterday. He's going to fix some of the plumbing and electric for me."

"About time," Justin observed. "He was in Billy's room this morning. I wondered who he was."

"The manager of the building next door used him a few weeks ago and said he did a very good job, not cheap, but excellent work. I figured if I was going to get some work done here I wanted it done right the first time, so I've hired him for a couple of weeks. Have you got anything you need to have fixed in your room?"

"One of the light switches has shorted out. I can't use the light by my bed anymore. Oh, and the water leaks around the faucet in the tub."

"I'll tell him to come look at it. If there's anything else let me know, because I may never do this again."

Justin snorted. There was a lot of truth in that statement. Justin had reported the broken switch several times and nothing had ever been done about it. He better get it fixed while the opportunity was there. Besides he'd get to see tool belt man again. "What's the handyman's name?" Justin asked.

"Oh, you know I'm not good with names after the first five seconds I've heard them. It's Brett or Byron or something like that."

Justin nodded knowing he'd get no more useful information out of Manny. "Have I got any clients this afternoon?"

"That guy, Matt or Mark that was here yesterday…"

"Max?" Justin asked feeling a tremor run through his body.

"That's him. He's coming in at five. Sounded like he could hardly wait to see you."

Justin made a face. "Shit!"

"What's wrong?"

"He … he was kind of rough yesterday."

"You know you can always buzz me if a trick gets out of hand."

"I know. It wasn't that bad, but he slapped me and shoved me around."

"Fuck! You don't have to take that especially in your condition."

"It wasn't so bad … and I need the money."

Manny gave him a look like what was money compared to being beaten up. "I'll tell you what. When he comes in I'll tell him that there is to be no rough stuff. You buzz me if he starts anything."

"Okay, thanks Manny."

Justin turned and headed back to his room. He took Albert's envelope out of his pocket and flipped it over. It was sealed. He was almost afraid to open it. He switched on the stereo. The verses of "2525" poured out. Today it was the year 4545 that spoke to him.

"In the year 4545
Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to do
Nobody's gonna look at you."

Justin leaned against the headboard of his bed. He wished he could smoke a joint, but it wouldn't be good for the baby so he refrained. He wondered how much longer men would look at him and want him. He knew he'd still have a figure, sort of, right up to the end of the pregnancy, but he would get heavier, more lethargic, and after the fourth month there would be no more anal penetration. He hoped he'd be gone from here by then … far away … in someplace beautiful and peaceful, just him and Jenny and …

The phone rang. Manny was telling him that Max was there. He stood up wearily feeling like he'd run away if he had somewhere to go. He grabbed the envelope and stuck it in the cupboard behind the coffee cans. He felt a spasm of nausea and fought it back. He wouldn't be sick. He could do this. He would do this for Jenny and himself and their life in the future.

Max was pacing in the lobby when he got there. Justin didn't much like the look on his face. Manny gave Justin a nod indicating that he had read the riot act to the customer.

"Take Room 5," Manny said.

"I want the same room as yesterday," Max said belligerently.

"It's under repair," Manny said bluntly.

"Fuck!" Max spat out. "Let's go." He gave a snap of his head to Justin who followed him down the hall.

Justin saw that the door to Room 6 was propped open. Tool belt man must be in there. Maybe he could talk to him after he was done with Max. A smile played across his face.

"That's better," Max said mistaking the smile for Justin's pleasure at being with him again. "I knew you got off yesterday too."

Justin felt the urge to throw up and swallowed quickly. He unlocked the door to Room 5 and they entered. Max slammed the door behind them and Justin felt himself being whipped around and into Max's embrace. The man squeezed the breath out of him while his teeth chewed down Justin's throat making him gasp and wince in pain. He'd have some ugly marks tomorrow.

"Take it easy," Justin said levelly pushing Max away.

"Suck me off," Max demanded. "You did a good job of that before."

"Sure," Justin agreed unzipping Max's pants and kneeling in front of him. He took the already semi-erect dick into his mouth and started working his magic. Some precum leaked from the slit and Justin felt himself gag. He stopped sucking and dropped the cock from his mouth drawing in a long breath and praying he wouldn't throw up.

He felt Max shove his cock against his closed lips. Fingers grabbed his hair and held his head still. Justin gagged again and tried to stand. He needed to get to the bathroom. Max shoved him to his knees and rammed his dick into his face.

"Please," Justin gulped. "Gonna be sick."

"Shut up and start sucking!"

Justin struggled to get up. He was going to vomit. He knew he couldn't stop it. Max refused to release him and Justin felt the first spasm. He opened his mouth and it all came pouring out over the bottom of Max's pant legs and onto his shoes.

"You fucking asshole!" Max screamed at him and threw him away. Justin landed on his butt a foot or two away from Max. "I'm going to kill you, you bloody pig. Look what you've done."

Justin wiped his mouth and tried to say that he was sorry. He had trouble making his voice work.

Suddenly he felt a boot connect with his ribs and he screamed in pain. Max kicked at him again and Justin curled into a fetal position holding his arms across his stomach to protect Jenny. The kick hit him in the upper arm and he cried out again.

"Shut the fuck up!" Max screamed at him.

"Help!" Justin yelled at the top of his lungs. He knew he'd never get to the buzzer beside the bed. "Help!" he yelled again, then, "Please, Max, don't. Please," he moaned as another kick connected with his arm. He screamed again.

Suddenly he heard pounding and Max stopped kicking him. There was a huge thud and breaking sound and he knew someone had come to his rescue.

"Fucking asshole!" someone said. Justin heard what sounded like a fist connecting with flesh. "Get the fuck out of here!" the same voice ordered.

"I'll sue you for assault," Max yelled.

"That was fucking battery, not assault," the first voice yelled in response. "Get out or I'm calling the police. Then you'll be getting your jollies in the pen."

Max zipped his pants and beat a hasty retreat.

"Justin," Manny's voice said leaning over him.

"The baby," Justin groaned. "My baby."

Justin felt strong arms come around him and lift him up. He was laid gently on the bed. He opened his eyes and looked into golden eyes filled with worry.

"I think we should get you to the hospital," tool belt man said.

Justin nodded. "My baby," he moaned holding his stomach.

"I'll call for an ambulance," Manny said.

"I could drive him in my truck," tool belt man said. "It would be faster."

Manny agreed. "The hospital is three blocks south. The doctor who has been looking after Justin is there. I'll get his card from the front desk."

"Can you walk?" tool belt man asked.

"I don't know," Justin managed to get out. "Hurts."

"I guess I could carry you."

Justin thought he would like that, having those strong arms around him, but he didn't want to seem like a helpless wimp. "Let me try to stand up," Justin said.

He swung his legs off the bed and winced a bit. He felt tool belt man put his arm around his waist and help to raise him to his feet. Justin took a breath that hurt but steadied himself and took a few steps towards the door.

"I can do it," he said softly.

With tool belt man's support he walked out to the front of the building. Manny gave tool belt man the doctor's card and they proceeded out to the pickup parked on the street. Tool belt man helped Justin into the cab and buckled him in. He ran around to the driver's side and they were at the hospital in no time. Tool belt man stopped at the emergency entrance and ran in to get help. Soon Justin was lying on a gurney and being whisked into an exam room. He wondered if he'd ever see tool belt man again.

Several tests and a couple of hours later Justin's doctor told him that there seemed to be no major damage. He had bruised ribs and would have some major bruises on his arm, but the baby was fine, heart beating solidly. Justin breathed a sigh of relief.

"You really should be more careful, Justin," the doctor admonished him. "Working at the Quoin is not a good environment for a pregnant person or for the baby you are going to have."

"I know," Justin said tears welling up in his eyes. "I'm only staying there until I can get together enough money to pay for the birth and get a place for us afterwards."

"I understand that, but if something like this happens again, you may not be so lucky."

"I'll try to be more careful."

"Good. Now I think you're ready to go home. I just wish it was to a different home."

Justin grimaced. He wished it was a different home too, but there was nowhere else to go at the moment. "Do you think I can walk or should I call a cab?"

"The guy that brought you in is still in the waiting room. Can't he take you back?"

"He is? He's still here?"

"That's what I said. Want me to send him in?"

"Yes, please," Justin grinned. The pain in his ribs and arms had suddenly disappeared. Tool belt man had waited for him.

A few minutes later as Justin struggled to get dressed the curtains opened and tool belt man looked in on the partially naked Justin.

"Need some help?" he asked.

"I can't raise this arm," Justin said trying to get his T-shirt over his head.

"Here," tool belt man said raising the sore arm gently so that Justin could pull the t-shirt over and down. Justin felt that tingle run across his body at the touch of this man. He wondered if tool belt man felt it too. Justin smiled gratefully at him. "The doctor says you can go home … and that your baby is okay," tool belt man said matter-of-factly.

Justin tried to look into the golden eyes as the man said that but he wouldn't make eye contact. That worried Justin. Maybe he didn't approve of men having babies. Maybe the whole idea turned him off.

"I'm Justin Taylor by the way," Justin said extending his hand.

"Brian Kinney," the man said and gently shook the proffered hand. He didn't seem very enthusiastic, but Justin still felt that jolt from the touch, and there was something that flickered across tool belt man's, no Brian's, face. Maybe there was hope yet.

"I'm ready," Justin said and stood up. He wavered a bit and Brian's arms immediately came around him.

"Sit down. I think you're supposed to wait for a wheelchair. I'll go bring up the truck."

"Thanks," Justin said with the best smile he could muster.

Brian disappeared through the curtains.

As soon as he was gone, Justin rubbed his palms across his middle. "I think we've found him, Jenny. He's kind and gentle and he saved me from that awful man. I get tingles whenever he touches me, even when I know he's near. He has to be the one, Jenny. I know he does."

Chapter 4 by Thyme

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 4




Justin had found it difficult to talk to tool belt man on the ride home. He had to stop calling him that. His name was Brian. Anyway, Brian didn't seem very talkative answering with a "Yes" or a "No" and little else. He had learned that Brian had been a handyman for five years hating the factory work that he had been forced to do before that. He liked the freedom of working for himself. They had not discussed Justin's pregnancy at all.

Brian supported Justin as they entered the lobby. The blond was still a little unsteady on his feet. Manny came over and asked if Justin and the baby were all right. Justin nodded and glanced at Brian to see what his reaction was. No change registered on the man's face.

"I can help you up to your room," Manny offered. "Do you think you can climb the stairs?"

"I think so," Justin said, "but I'd be glad of some support."

"I'll take him up," Brian volunteered. "You need to stay on the desk."

Brian began walking Justin to the stairs and they started up slowly. Justin leaned against the handyman smelling the faint odor of cigarettes and sweat and some kind of scent like sandalwood. Justin glanced up to find those golden eyes staring at him.

"Like the smell?" Brian asked with a slight grin.

Without thinking Justin nodded and grinned, then blushed when he realized he had been caught.

"It's all right," Brian laughed. "You give off an interesting … scent too."

Justin blushed deeper. "It's a pheromone … because I'm pregnant."

Justin thought he saw that look of distaste pass across Brian's face and he cringed. It was fleeting and then Brian seemed as solicitous of Justin as he had been before.

Finally they reached the top of the stairs and walked slowly down the hall to Justin's room. Justin fished his key out of his pocket and handed it to Brian. The man opened the door and walked Justin over to the bed helping him sit gingerly down.

"I think you should get into bed," Brian said.

Justin nodded and began pulling off his clothes. He groaned in pain as he tried to raise his arm to take off the T-shirt.

"Wait," Brian said and moved to support the arm as they worked the T-shirt off. "Stand up for a minute." Brian helped Justin up and threw back the covers. "There, lay down."

Justin slid back into the bed and found Brian unzipping his jeans and sliding them, along with his underwear, down his legs. His cock was fully exposed but Brian seemed to be looking at the developing bruises on Justin's chest and arms.

"That fucker really worked you over. I should have taken a hammer to his head."

"You saved me," Justin said wearily. "Thank you."

"I didn't see everything he did to you. I would have made mincemeat of him if I had known."

"I don't need more violence," Justin said sadly. It was love he needed.

"I don't believe in violence either, but when you act like a fucking slug, you deserve to be squashed."

"My hero," Justin said without thinking. He immediately regretted his words as he saw Brian tense up. "I just meant … that I'm glad you were there."

"Sure," Brian said. "I should go so you can sleep." He pulled the covers up over Justin covering the purple blotches on his fair skin and the tantalizing cock that he been trying to keep his eyes off of. His jeans had suddenly got quite a bit tighter.

"Could … could you stay until I fall asleep. I don't want to be alone."

"Well…"

"Please."

"Sure." Brian sat down on the chair by the bed.

"I … you … I…"

"Is that supposed to be a coherent sentence?" Brian asked his tongue in cheek.

Justin giggled. The painkillers must be kicking in. The doctor had given him something not too strong, but enough to let him sleep. He suddenly felt warm and slightly off balance. "I wondered why you didn't ask about the baby," Justin yawned.

"What baby?" Brian asked playing dumb.

"My baby … Jenny."

"She has a name?"

Justin smiled. Brian didn't call the baby an "it" like everybody else did. He said "she".

"Why are you smiling?" Brian asked studying this blond whose naked body had done unexpected things to his cock. He shifted in the chair thinking that he should have left when he had the chance. He didn't need this complication in his life.

"You called the baby 'she'. I like that. I like you," Justin said as his head spun into sleep.

"You don't know me," Brian said standing up and tucking the covers tighter around the now sleeping blond. "You don't know me at all."



-----



Justin awoke from a lovely dream. He had been seated in a swing on the porch of the cottage in his sketchbook. He was holding Jenny and beside him on the swing was Brian. He awoke with a big smile on his face.

He immediately looked around his room, but it was obvious that Brian was gone. He hadn't really expected him to stay all night, but he had kind of hoped.

He looked at the clock and realized he had slept for almost twelve hours. His head was a little fuzzy but he felt better. He threw back the covers and gasped. The side of his chest had a huge black, ugly bruise now fully developed. He moved his left arm and winced. It was where Max had landed most of his kicks. It was swollen and black and blue almost the whole way down. He sat up slowly and tentatively touched the arm. It was hot. Any amount of pressure hurt. How was he going to work looking like this and without being able to use his left arm? He groaned, but pushed himself out of bed and went to piss.

When he came back to the kitchen he pulled out the coffee can with his right hand and managed to put the pot on to brew. He hoped Billy didn't come today. He didn't want to listen to his gloom and doom and told you so's.

He managed to get some clothes on, remembering all the while how sweet Brian had been to help him yesterday. He could hardly believe how gentle and kind the handyman had been. He hoped he would see him today. Just then he heard a knock on the door and went to open it for Billy.

Billy flounced in giving Justin the once over. "I'm surprised you're up," he said bluntly. "It was all over the Quoin about how that guy beat you up. You don't look so bad."

"Is that right?" Justin asked annoyed. He didn't feel all that great since he had started to move around. He wished Billy would go away. Justin raised his shirt and Billy made a face as he saw the ugly bruise.

"Shit, Justin! Are you trying to make me sick to my stomach?"

"I'm just showing you that I did get hurt, so stop telling me I don't look so bad and acting like nothing happened." He could feel tears welling up. He didn't want to fight with Billy. He just wanted him to go away.

"Is it true that you threw up all over that guy?" Billy asked with a laugh.

"It's not fucking funny, Billy. Look, take your coffee to your own room. I need to lie down. I think I might be sick again." He ran to the bathroom and tossed his cookies once more. He had hoped that maybe he was done with that, but apparently not yet.

When he returned to the kitchen Billy was looking into the cupboard where Justin kept the coffee cans. He turned at the sound of Justin returning, a funny look on his face.

"What are you doing?" Justin asked warily.

"Just putting the coffee away for you," he said nonchalantly.

"Aren't you sweet!" Justin said sarcastically knowing what a pig Billy was. He never did anything to help or to clean up.

"Is that your bruises or your baby talking?" Billy asked with a smirk.

Justin felt the tears start. He turned away and said through clenched teeth. "Get the fuck out!"

"No problem," Billy laughed. "You pregnant bitches make lousy company anyway." He grabbed his coffee and slammed the door behind him as he left.

Justin lowered himself onto the bed and let the tears come freely. He pulled a pillow against his stomach and wrapped his arms around it. "I hate him, Jenny," he said. "I wish Brian was here. He was so nice to me. I think I could love him. I need him." The sobs choked off any more words.



-----



Justin awoke to rapping on his door. He sat up and tried to stand. He winced in pain and yelled, "Just a minute."

Slowly he made his way to the door. He pulled it open to find Brian standing there holding a thermos.

"I brought you some chicken soup," he said with a grin.

"Soup?"

"Yeah, you know, it's good for what ails ya'."

"Thanks. Um … would you like to come in?"

"Technically I'm working."

"But it's lunchtime, isn't it?" Justin asked glancing at the clock. It was almost twelve-thirty.

"I guess it is."

"So come in and share some soup with me. I'll even throw in some crackers," Justin coaxed. He so wanted Brian to join him … to love him.

"Sure, okay," Brian said and walked in.

Justin heaved a sigh of relief and went to find some bowls and the crackers. He used his right hand to lift down two bowls. Without his left hand to grab hold of them they started to slip. Suddenly Brian was behind him with his arms reaching around Justin to grab the bowls and set them safely on the counter.

They each felt the exquisite tension of being so close without truly touching. "You saved me again," Justin said staring into those golden eyes.

"Let's not make it a habit."

"Um … no." However, that was exactly what Justin wanted. Brian could save him anytime and every time.

They sat down to the soup and ate in silence for a bit. Justin wondered what he could use to break the ice and get Brian talking.

"Brian, Justin," came out almost at the same time.

"You first," Brian said.

"I wanted to thank you for taking me to the hospital and waiting for me. I…um…missed you when you weren't here this morning."

Brian said nothing for a minute. "Justin, I don't want you to feel that you owe me thanks or … anything. I helped because you needed it. No other reason."

"No…other…reason?" Justin asked hating the sound of those words. "I thought you…"

"Don't say anything more. I shouldn't have come here today. I think you have the wrong impression."

"What? That you're kind and gentle and caring."

"I'm not. I'm … not any of those things."

"Yes, you are. I saw that yesterday."

"No," Brian said shaking his head.

Justin reached out his hand and touched Brian's arm. They both felt that little jolt at the contact. Brian flinched and drew away. "I … like you. Don't pull away."

"I have to go," Brian said and was out the door before Justin could beg him to stay.

"What happened?" Justin said rubbing his belly. "Jenny, we have to find out what's going on with Brian. Something's wrong."

Justin finished his soup. He wanted to go after Brian but he wasn't sure he was ready to tackle the stairs by himself. He thought maybe he should give Brian some time to cool off. He knew there was an attraction between them. He felt it every time they were near each other. He was pretty sure Brian felt it too.

So what was going on? Why was Brian so stand-offish? Justin had given him lots of opportunities, had made it very clear that he was interested. He needed to talk to the man and find out what was going on.

He switched on the sound system and heard his song start up.

"In the year 5555
Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your legs got nothing to do
Some machine is doing that for you"

That was him, helpless, armless, legless. He could barely get around, but he didn't have a machine to do stuff for him. He had thought for a bit that he might have Brian to help him and look after him, but that seemed less likely after their encounter this morning. He'd just rest for a bit and then he'd try to find Brian.

When Justin awoke it was almost six o'clock. His stomach rumbled ominously. He hoped there was still some soup left. He knew there was little else to eat in his tiny fridge or in the cupboard.

The sound system was still playing and he heard the verse of his song that resonated with him now.

"In the year 6565
Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long black tube"

Justin wondered about the husband and wife part. He still wanted a partner but he didn't know if he'd ever have one. His daughter hadn't come from a tube, except maybe the broken latex tube, but he knew she would be great. She would be exactly what he would have chosen if he'd had that ability. He smiled to himself and felt suddenly better.

He wanted Brian, wanted Brian to want him, but if he didn't he still had Jenny and they would be fine together. He'd make it work.

He ate some soup and realized that his arm didn't hurt so much. It seemed like some of the swelling might have decreased.

Tomorrow he would find Brian and maybe they could talk. He needed to know if there was any hope for them.

Chapter 5 by Thyme

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 5



Justin awoke to someone pounding on his door.

"Brian!" was his first thought. "Just a minute," Justin called.

He pulled on his jeans that lay beside the bed and went to the door. It was Billy.

"Came for coffee," he explained coming right in like nothing had happened yesterday.

"Good morning to you too," Justin said sarcastically. "I was asleep till you so rudely woke me up. The coffee's not ready."

"I'll make it," Billy volunteered. Justin could hardly believe his ears. Maybe Billy actually did have a brain and a heart. "You go shower if you like. It'll be ready when you come out. By the way your bruises look better today."

Justin shook his head. What had come over Billy today? He was almost nice … and helpful. "They're turning weird colors," Justin said examining his bruises. He grabbed some clothes and headed for the bathroom.

When he shut off the shower Billy called to him, "Justin, the coffee's ready. I'm going to take mine with me. I have to go out in a few minutes."

"Sure," Justin called and heard the door to his room slam behind Billy.

Justin put on his clothes and came out into the bedroom. He could smell the coffee. He poured a cup and lounged back on his bed. He started the sound system with the remote and listened for a minute before his mind started to wander.

He needed to find Brian today and try to talk to him. He should go out and get a few groceries. He felt like he might be up to that today. There was a little shop down the street, not too far away. He thought he could walk that.

He took a sip of the coffee. It wasn't half bad.

"Somebody made me coffee today, Jenny. That was nice. It wasn't the right somebody, but it was still a nice change."

"In the year 7510
If God's a-comin' he ought to make it by then
Maybe he'll look around himself and say
Guess it's time for the judgment day"

Justin thought about that. He didn't really believe in God, but he had prayed to Him when Max was kicking in his ribs. He had prayed for Jenny to be safe. Maybe he did believe in God on some level.

His own Judgment Day was coming fast. He had to begin looking for a place to live and a job that would support both him and the baby. He had no idea where he would find either.

He finished his coffee and got up. He felt stronger today. He could look after himself if no one else wanted to help him. He had three thousand dollars in the coffee can and probably another two in his account with Manny. He'd check on that today and get a newspaper to begin looking for a job. He grabbed his jacket and went downstairs.

"Justin, I'm surprised you're up and around so soon," Manny said when he saw him.

"I'm starting to feel better," Justin told him. "Could you check what I have in my account?"

"Sure," Manny said. "Let's have your wrist." Manny scanned the barcode tattoo on Justin's wrist. One like it was required for all males and was used for banking and government identification. "Two thousand, three hundred and eighty-one."

"Thanks, Manny. Is Brian around?"

"He's up on the roof this morning working on the leak around the chimney."

"Oh, maybe I'll catch him later then. I'm going down the street to pick up a few things."

"Don't overdo it," Manny warned.

"I'll take it easy," Justin promised.

Justin went outside. He could hear hammering up on the roof but he couldn't see Brian. He must be on the back of the building. Justin walked slowly along the street. He passed the coffee shop that he usually went to and decided he'd get a coffee and a muffin and use their papers to see what job prospects might be awaiting him.

When he returned to the Quoin an hour later he had some groceries and a headache from looking at job listings in the paper. Anything that he could qualify for paid shit, and anything that he would like to do and paid a decent wage he lacked the qualifications for.

"Hey, Manny," Justin said as he passed the desk. "Have you seen Brian?"

"Yeah, he's inside the building somewhere. I think he already fixed the light switch in your room, but not the leaky faucet. He's upstairs somewhere, maybe in the specialty rooms on the second floor."

"Thanks, Manny."

Justin carried his supplies up to his room. He stocked his little fridge and put the rest of the stuff in the cupboard. He tried the switch beside his bed and the light came on. Brian had been there. He frowned. He wished he had been there to see him and make him feel at home. Justin smiled. He wanted that man and he had decided that he was going to have him. He was pretty sure that Brian wanted him too, but it seemed apparent that he was going to have to make the first move.

He thought perhaps he'd go see if he could find tool belt man and make that move. He had nothing to lose if Brian refused him. At least then he'd know where he stood.

He went down to the second floor and walked along the corridor. He had been in most of these rooms at one time or another. There were a couple that he refused to partake in, just too weird to be believed. The dungeon and shackles didn't bother him too much, but he always set the limits before he went in. The schoolroom was cool and he was still young enough to play the schoolboy and let the master teach him whatever he wanted. The jail was one that he had only done a few times. The men who wanted the jail usually wanted to pretend rape and sometimes it got a little too real. He didn't like that much. The office scene was fine with a hundred different scenarios to be played out. He refused the S/M room not being into real pain. The next two were used for what Justin considered perversions like fisting and peeing and eating shit and who knew what the fuck else. He never had anything to do with that scene and he never intended to.

Brian was in none of these rooms. He reached the final door and saw that it was open. He stepped into the last room which was the Roman villa with a sunken tub, togas and couches to lounge on or fuck on.

"Brian?" he said.

"In here," Brian responded.

Justin walked to the back of the room where Brian was under the sink in the bathroom working on a pipe.

"What are you doing?" Justin asked.

Brian looked out at him and smiled. Justin felt the heat pulse through his body at that look. He wanted to see it and feel its effect on him for the rest of his life. He shook his head returning to reality.

"Playing the piano and contemplating the fate of the universe. Couldn't you tell?" Brian asked. They both laughed.

Brian was smart and funny too. "Are you nearly done?" Justin asked.

"Another couple of minutes."

"Can I wait? I …want to talk to you."

"Um … sure."

Justin didn't like that hesitation, but he wasn't going to be deterred. He had decided he was going to press his case with Brian and take the consequences whichever way it played out. He sat on the edge of the sunken tub and waited.

Brian appeared from the bathroom a few minutes later. He looked mussed and sweaty and oh so sexy. Justin felt a shiver run through him. God, he loved to look at this man. He wanted him so bad. He could feel his cock rising in his pants and he squirmed. Brian must have noticed too because he raised an eyebrow and looked questioningly at Justin.

Justin was about to say something when he glanced down and saw the considerable bulge in Brian's own jeans. He stood up and walked to the door of the suite. He closed it and locked it.

"What are you doing?" Brian asked as Justin turned and sashayed towards the handyman.

"I want to find out just how handy you are," Justin said seductively.

"Shit!" Brian breathed out barely loud enough to be heard.

Justin wasn't sure what that meant but he saw the bulge in Brian's jeans grow larger and he kept walking towards him. As he drew near he didn't hesitate. His arms went around Brian's neck and he pulled the man's head down slightly so that their lips could meet for the first time. The kiss was warm and intense and somehow tender. At first Brian held back. Justin could feel it. He kept kissing though and he felt Brian melt into him. Their mouths opened and tongues collided and the world wavered around them.

Heat coursed through Justin's body, so intense he thought he might combust. The kiss continued until finally they had to back off and breathe. They moaned as they drew apart slightly to get some much needed air.

"You're one hell of a kisser," Brian whispered still holding Justin close.

"Not so bad yourself."

Brian chuckled.

Justin dropped to his knees and unbuttoned Brian's jeans. He liked a man with buttons. It prolonged the tension and seemed somehow more satisfying as each one popped open. He shoved the jeans to the floor and Brian's cock stood tall and proud jutting out from under the tool belt that still hung around his narrow hips.

Justin looked up at the handyman, both their eyes cloudy with lust. He knew Brian would want this, would want him. "I like this tool best," Justin said softly wrapping his hand around the engorged cock.

"My favorite too."

Justin took the heavy cock into his mouth and moaned as he tasted the first dribbles of precum. It tasted good, like Brian, and he didn't feel queasy at all. He had known Brian was the one right from that first tingle when he had felt his presence in the hall.

Justin worked his magic using every technique he had learned in the last three years of working at the Quoin. He wanted this to be the best blowjob Brian had ever had. He could hear Brian's moans and he ventured a glance at the man as his lips and tongue worked the shaft.

Brian's eyes were closed and his mouth hung slightly open. Moans and mewls escaped his lips. His cheeks were flushed and he looked more beautiful than Justin thought possible.

Justin felt Brian's fingers wrap into his hair and tug gently. Brian began to thrust into Justin's mouth, fucking his face. Justin stayed still letting Brian take control. He took each thrust sucking on the shaft as Brian withdrew. The moans grew louder.

Justin reached between Brian's legs and cupped the man's balls. He rolled them once and felt Brian tense. He swallowed around the cock on the next deep thrust, heard Brian call out and felt the cum shoot down his throat. He took it all swallowing and then sucking the last remnants. He didn't usually do that with clients, but this man was not a client. Brian was his future.

Justin felt Brian stagger above him and grip his hair tighter. He raised his arms and held Brian around the hips. He was still on his knees his face against the softening cock.

When Brian released his hair Justin slowly stood looking into the golden eyes that stared at him in wonder. He rose slowly and returned his arms around the man's waist.

"That was fucking amazing," Brian said.

"Thanks."

"I can see that you're very good at your job."

"Job?" Justin asked not liking how that sounded. That hadn't been a job. He had done that because of his feelings for this man. Brian better not ask how much he owed him.

"I … I just meant that you are … incredible."

That sounded better. "Thanks."

"I … should get back to work."

Justin looked into the golden eyes. He couldn't decipher what he saw there. "Would you come to my room upstairs when you knock off work today?"

"Why?"

"I think we need to talk."

Justin kissed Brian's cheek and turned to leave. He thought he heard a little groan from Brian but he didn't want to look back.



-----



Justin waited in his room. He sketched a bit. His drawing of Brian with the gentle eyes was very good in his opinion. He thought he had captured the essence of the man. He was handsome and a great model to draw, but it was the inner beauty that he felt from Brian that he was trying to capture. He thought he had done so.

Then he had had a nap. He figured Brian would be done work by six o'clock. Six came and went. Justin waited. No one came.

He turned on the sound system and his song started up. He leaned back on the bed and watched the clock inch past seven. Brian didn't come. By seven-thirty Justin was pretty sure that Brian was not going to arrive, but still he waited clutching at the last grains of hope.

"In the year 8510
God's gonna shake his mighty head
He'll either say, 'I'm pleased where man has been
Or tear it down and start again.'"

Justin could feel the tears running down his cheeks. He wanted to start again in this fucking nightmare of a world. He wanted him and Brian to start again. They would have Jenny and a future and a good life. He had mentally planned it all out, but Brian hadn't come to him. He had taken the blowjob, had loved the blowjob, but that was it. He didn't love Justin back. He didn't care about him. He didn't want a future together.

Justin rolled over and pulled the pillow against his belly. The tears came fast and heavy. His sobs filled the room.

"I'm sorry, Jenny," he gulped between sobs. "I thought he was the one. He doesn't want me though, doesn't have enough fucking decency to come and tell me that he doesn't want to see me. I don't know how I could have been so wrong."


Chapter 6 by Thyme

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 6



The day dawned rainy and bleak, one of those fall days that made you sure winter couldn't be far away. Justin forced his eyes open. He had cried and cried last night until there were no more tears left. His head ached dully and his eyes were raspy. He felt like shit and he was sure he looked like it too.

He pulled the covers back and looked at his chest. The bruise was still livid and ugly but it was starting to change color around the edges. It would soon begin to disappear. His arm no longer hurt as it had initially. It was a little stiff and still showed major bruising. He'd recover, probably faster from that than from what Brian had done to him last night.

Justin got up and went to put the coffee on. It was after ten o'clock. He was a little surprised that Billy hadn't already appeared for his morning java. Maybe he had had a busy night with his clients and was sleeping late.

As he filled the coffee machine he wondered if he could get back to work in the next day or two. He still needed money for him and Jenny. He rubbed his stomach. Nobody would want to look at his bruises but he could do blowjobs. He was very good at blowjobs. He had proven that yesterday. But apparently he wasn't good enough for a certain handyman.

Justin felt the tears slide down his face. He wiped them away in disgust. He was such a baby. He had to stop this. He had his own baby coming. He had to be the adult.

He poured some coffee and lounged on his bed. He picked up his sketchbook and flipped past the picture of Molly at the cottage. Next was his drawing of Brian. The urge to rip it out and tear it into a million pieces gripped him. He was about to do that when something in his head told him to keep it as a reminder of his foolishness. He'd have to be smarter in the future.

He sipped his coffee and decided to draw a bit. His hand sometimes took over without him thinking about it. He sketched along happily drinking his coffee as he went. When he stopped and stretched over an hour later he glanced at his work hardly believing his eyes. He had drawn Brian's tool belt wrapped around the man's hips. Brian's cock stuck out in front. He remembered it vividly from yesterday. He shook his head wondering why he had drawn that.

He knew why. He still wanted the man even if he had been an asshole last night. Jesus, he was fucking stupid sometimes. He closed the book.

Billy had never come for coffee. He rinsed out his cup and emptied the dregs of the pot. No coffee for Billy today. If he came by later, he would have to do without.

He wondered if Brian was working somewhere in the building. He could confront the man about why he had stood him up last night. He wanted to know why, but he was afraid to hear the reason.

Fear be damned. Justin picked up the phone. Manny answered.

"Is Brian in the building, Manny?" Justin asked.

"He called this morning to say something had come up. He may be back tomorrow though."

Justin felt the tears well up again. Jesus, he hated how emotional he had become since the start of his pregnancy. But he was sure Brian was avoiding him and he couldn't help himself.

"Thanks, Manny," Justin said trying not to let on how close to tears he was. He was about to hang up when another thought came to him. "Manny, you still there?"

"Yeah."

"Put me down for work today, anybody that wants a blowjob."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. I can do it, but just blowjobs, okay?"

"All right," Manny agreed.

Justin hung up. He'd do blowjobs for a few days until the bruises faded some more. Then he needed to get back to work in earnest. He needed a lot more money for the baby.

He decided to shower and clean up in case someone wanted him to work. After his shower he cleaned the bathroom which really needed it. He had a sandwich for lunch, glad that he had stocked his larder and didn't have to go out again.

Justin switched on the sound system and picked up his sketchbook. He glanced at the drawing of Brian and drew his fingers gently across the lips. He shook his head and turned to the next page, Brian's dick. He liked that drawing. If he ever had a show for his artwork, he'd be sure to include that one. He turned to a blank page but nothing came to him.

"In the year 9595
I'm kinda wondering if man's gonna be alive
He's taken everything this old earth can give
And he ain't put back nothing…"

Justin listened to the words. Man was a "taker" all right. Brian was happy to take the blowjob, but he wasn't prepared to put anything back. He wasn't prepared to offer love and security and hope. So fuck him!

Suddenly an idea struck him and he began sketching. He worked furiously totally lost in what he was doing. His song cycled over and over again.

The phone rang suddenly interrupting his work. He was almost finished. He glanced at the clock, surprised to note that it was almost four-thirty.

"Yes," he answered the next ring.

"Justin, there's a man here who wants a blowjob. He looks okay … safe. Do you want to do it?"

"I'll be right down," Justin said.

He closed his sketchbook making a mental note to add the finishing touches to his sketch later. He slipped on his cargo pants that hung low on his hips and a long sleeved sweater that covered all the bruises.

The client was waiting in the lobby.

"I'm Justin," he introduced himself. He could see the man's interest peak.

"Barry," the man replied. "I like blonds."

"Then it's lucky that I'm blond."

"Natural?"

"Want to see?"

"I'd like nothing better."

Justin opened the door to Room 2 and they entered. "So what shall we do first?" Justin asked.

"You could prove that you're a natural blond."

"Sure," Justin said calculating that he could remove his pants and keep the sweater that covered his bruises. He slid his pants down. The man eyed him appraisingly. Justin could see the effect this was having in Barry's trousers.

"Take off your sweater."

"Um…I'd rather not."

"Why?" Barry asked with a frown obviously wanting a full naked view.

"I … I got beat up the other day. Bruises."

"Shit! That's awful. But I don't care. Take off the sweater, please."

Justin obliged waiting to be told to put it back on immediately to cover the ugliness. To his surprise Barry stared and then shook his head.

"I can't believe somebody would do that to you. You're beautiful."

Justin felt the tears well up at Barry's kindness. He bit his lip to keep them at bay. "Want me to suck you off?" Justin asked.

Barry nodded. Justin knelt in front of him praying that he wouldn't have another bout of nausea. It didn't take long to get Barry off, the man sitting down unsteadily on the bed when Justin was finished. Justin turned and bent to pick up his clothes while Barry recovered.

"Fuck!" Barry said. "You have the most beautiful ass."

"So I've been told."

"Can I fuck you?"

"It was just supposed to be a blowjob," Justin said warily.

"I'll pay for the fuck, and give you two hundred as a tip," Barry promised.

"Use the phone to arrange it with Manny," Justin said deciding he wanted the money and Barry wasn't likely to hurt him. He went into the bathroom. Today it was his bladder that was giving him trouble.

When Justin returned Barry was naked on the bed. "It's all arranged," he said patting the bed. Justin joined him. Barry held out the money. "I don't want to hurt you," Barry said pulling Justin towards him. "I just want to fuck you." He leaned in to kiss Justin. He was a good kisser, but not as good as someone else Justin knew.

"There's lube and condoms in the nightstand," Justin instructed.

Barry donned a condom, his cock erect since Justin had walked back into the room. He opened Justin gently with his fingers. Justin didn't think he had ever been handled with such kid gloves by a client. Usually they were horny and in a hurry, much more interested in their own needs than anything about him.

Barry entered him from behind and they both enjoyed the experience. When they were done Justin cleaned them up and lay down beside Barry. The man rolled towards him and kissed him again. Justin felt him grow hard against his groin. The man couldn't seem to get enough of him.

"I have to go, Justin," Barry said with a frown glancing at his watch. "But I'd like to see you again."

"Sure," Justin said. "You know where to find me."

He watched Barry dress in his business suit thinking that he had found someone who was kind and gentle. Barry was probably a little older than Brian but he seemed okay. Justin wondered if he might be the one. He didn't feel the same attraction to this man that he felt towards Brian, but that had got him nowhere. Barry returned to the bed and gave Justin another kiss. Justin returned it wholeheartedly. Things got hot and heavy almost immediately. Justin wondered if Barry would stay a little longer.

Finally Barry broke the kiss. "Christ, you do things to me that I never thought I'd feel again."

"You could stay awhile," Justin offered.

"I wish I could, but my wife was expecting me ten minutes ago. I have to go, beautiful," he said giving Justin a final kiss.

Justin felt like he had been slapped. This guy was married and still getting his rocks off in a brothel. He should have known that he was too good to be true. Tears coursed down his cheeks once again. He would never find a lover, a friend, a protector. He fucking better get that clear in his head. The Quoin was not going to produce the love of his life. Everyone who came there was interested in themselves, their own pleasure, not in a long term relationship. He was such a goddam fool.

He started to dress cursing his own stupidity all the while. He grabbed his two hundred dollars and made his way up to his room. He'd add this to his stash.

He threw the money on the nightstand and ran into the bathroom to pee again. As he came out the phone rang.

"Justin, I have another client for you," Manny told him.

Justin sighed. "Give me a couple of minutes and I'll be right down."

Justin spent the rest of the night doing blowjobs in his most professional but aloof manner. He received another two hundred dollars in tips and the chance of some repeat business. For someone in the shape he was he figured that he had done very well. He was more than surprised that he had been called so many times.

About two a.m. Justin finished with his client and walked out to the lobby. He approached Manny saying, "I've had it for the night. No more."

Manny nodded and smiled. "Thanks for picking up the slack."

"What slack?"

"Oh, I thought you knew. Billy hasn't appeared all day, so I've been one boy short."

"Why? Where is he?" Justin asked puzzled. Billy hadn't told him anything about playing hooky.

"Damned if I know! I'm going to bust his ass when he gets back. The little fuck really messed up my schedule. I like to keep the clients happy and moving through here. They don't like to wait."

Justin nodded. He'd have a talk with Billy when he came back from wherever the fuck he was. He was sure Manny would have a few choice words for him too. He hoped the guy or the drugs or the party that Billy must be doing was worth it.

Justin hauled his weary ass up to his room. He removed his clothes and slid into his bed. He was asleep almost immediately.



-----



When Justin finally awoke it was almost noon. He looked at the bright sunshine pouring in through his window. He had made four hundred dollars yesterday on top of what Manny would put into his account. He just might be able to scrape together a good amount of money in time to leave the Quoin before Jenny was born. He could look after himself. He wasn't going to need anyone. He'd see to that. Fuck Brian!

He got up and put on some coffee. He made himself a sandwich and ate hungrily. It seemed the morning sickness had passed. He felt fine other than having to pee all the time and not having as much energy as he was used to.

It dawned on him that Billy hadn't come for coffee this morning either. That must be one helluva party he was involved in. Manny would be pissed. Justin wondered if he would earn more money because they would be short one boy again today. He felt a little guilty thinking that way about his friend, but Billy had decided to bugger off so that was his problem.

Justin finished his sandwich and cleaned up his dishes. He figured he was ready to work, so he called Manny. Manny told him that he would list him for blowjobs and that Billy hadn't shown up again today. If he missed one more day he was going to hire a new boy. Luckily it seemed to be a slow day. Justin didn't think that was so lucky. He had been hoping to profit by Billy's prolonged absence.

Justin decided to have a bath with his rose water since it didn't sound likely that he would be called anytime soon. He sank down into the tub and leaned against the cushion. Maybe the warm water would help to make some more of the bruising go away. Each day it looked a little better but it still wasn't pretty. His arm didn't hurt anymore either. He'd survive and so would Jenny. They were going to be fine.

After a relaxing soak he climbed out of the tub and threw on some clothes. When he returned to the main room he noticed the money on his nightstand. He gathered it up and picked up his cargo pants from last night. The two hundred dollars was in one pocket. He had four hundred dollars to add to his stash. A smile played across his lips and then faded.

That was good for one night but what he really needed now was a job, a job that could support him and Jenny away from the Quoin. He patted his tummy thinking about the beautiful little baby he would have before too long.

He went to the cupboard and took down the coffee can that actually contained coffee. He then reached for the one behind which held his money. The lid wasn't on tight. He was always careful to close it so it looked unopened, like the next can waiting to be used. He frowned and felt his heart race. He grabbed the can and pulled off the lid.

It was empty.

Justin felt the moan escape his lips. "No, no, no, no, no," he wailed. "It can't be."

He felt his knees give out beneath him and he sat down hard on the floor. Tears and sobs poured forth. How could this have happened?


Chapter 7 by Thyme

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 7



Justin heard the phone ring behind him. He didn't know how long he had been sitting on the floor crying. He wiped at his face and picked up the receiver.

"Yes?" he managed to get out.

"Justin?" Manny's voice said. "Is something wrong?"

"Yes," Justin moaned.

"I have a client here for you, but I'll see if I can get someone else."

Justin drew in a deep breath. He was going to kill whoever took his money. They were going to die a slow, painful death. But right now he needed to start replacing it, because more than likely he would never see that money again.

"I'll be down in five minutes, if he can wait that long," Justin said with steel in his voice.

"That's fine; if you're sure you want to do it."

"I'll be there." Justin hung up and went to wash his face.

Justin took care of that trick and one other before he had a chance to speak to Manny about what had happened to his money.

"Shit!" Manny reacted to Justin's announcement. "Now we have a fucking thief in our midst. Who could have done it?"

"I've been trying to think of who's been in my room and would have had the opportunity," Justin began. "The only one I can think of is Brian. He was in there fixing the light switch and nobody was around." That was the conclusion he had finally come to whether he liked it or not. He had been wrong about Brian being interested in him, but he was pretty sure he was right about this, even though it caused an ache deep inside him. He didn't really want to believe it could be true, but he was afraid it was.

"Brian?" Manny asked shaking his head. "He doesn't seem like the type."

"He was in there alone and then he didn't come to work. Has he been back yet?"

"No," Manny admitted. "I thought he might be in today but he didn't come and he didn't call."

"See," Justin said feeling justified in his suspicions.

"You may be right. Let's see if we hear from him tomorrow."

"I bet you won't," Justin stated with bitterness.

Justin went back to his room. He took the twenty bucks in tips from his pocket. He had decided to keep his money in a sock in his dresser. The coffee can obviously was no longer safe. He now had less than five hundred dollars plus the couple of thousand on file with Manny. How was he ever going to take care of Jenny?

Somehow Justin got through the rest of the day. He did a couple more blowjobs and got no tips. He wondered if he was losing his touch. Blowjobs still tended to make him a little queasy even though he had managed not to throw up again like he had done with Max. He felt his arm throb at the thought.

When Justin returned to his room at the end of the day, he was very tired and felt a little defeated. His emotions were on such a rollercoaster ride these days. One minute he was sure he could handle everything and the next he felt about four years old and wanted his Mommy to look after him.

He ran a bath and sank into the soothing smell of the rose water he had added. As he sat soaking his mind wandered to Brian. Brian was the only one who could have taken his money, but he didn't really want to believe that. Somewhere deep inside he still felt all kinds of troubling and wonderful things for that man. He tried to remind himself that Brian didn't want him, that Brian had not taken him up on his overture, that Brian must have stolen his money.

Justin refused to cry this time. He had cried enough over the past few days. He was going to be strong. He climbed out of the tub and dried off. The bed looked very inviting and he slid in.

"I love you, Jenny," was the last thing he said before he fell asleep.



-----



He awoke a little after ten and made some coffee. He looked at the empty can still in the back of the cupboard where he had shoved it. He hadn't had the heart to throw it out after discovering that all his hard earned money was gone. Maybe he was hoping that one day he'd look in the can and it all would have miraculously reappeared.

He snorted at his own folly as he poured himself a cup of coffee. Billy had not appeared this morning either. Justin wondered where he could be. He hoped he was all right and had found someone to look out for him. Just his luck if Billy had found someone when he couldn't.

Justin decided he would go out for the morning. He wanted another long sleeved sweater to cover his bruised arms. He could use some time away from the Quoin. He stopped by the front desk on his way out. Manny was at his usual post.

"Have you heard from Billy?" Justin asked.

Manny shook his head. "I'm looking for someone to replace him today. I've already made a few calls."

"Oh," Justin said. He would be sorry that Billy wouldn't be around. They had always had a sort of friendship. It would be strange at the Quoin without Billy there, but in a couple of months he would be leaving too.

Justin returned around two o'clock. Manny was talking to a client at the desk so he just waved and headed on up to his room with his new sweater. He planned to wear it for the next client he had.

The door to his room stood open. A wave of panic ran through him. Someone was trying to steal the rest of his money. He raced down the hall and flew through the doorway. He stopped dead in his tracks. Near his bed stood Brian looking at his sketchbook.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Justin yelled. "Trying to take some more of my money?"

"What?" Brian asked turning towards Justin. "I didn't take your money."

"How do you know it's missing then?" Justin demanded glaring at Brian.

"Didn't you speak to Manny?"

"No, why should I? I'm calling the cops."

"I'm sure the cops would love to come to the Quoin. Manny will be ecstatic to have them here," Brian said with all the sarcasm he could muster.

Justin hesitated. "How the fuck could you have the nerve to come back here?"

"I work here," Brian said with that supercilious attitude that made Justin want to strangle him.

"Not any more! Manny won't have a thief in the Quoin."

"He gave me the keys," Brian stated dangling the keys in Justin's face.

"He did?" Justin asked faltering in his resolve. "Why would he do that?"

"He told me about your money being stolen. It wasn't me, Justin," Brian said his voice softening and the sincerity seeming to come through. "I may be a lot of things but I'm not a thief."

"How do I know I can believe you?" Justin asked hoping what Brian said was true. He still had feelings for the man.

"Manny believed me. Why would I come back here if I had your money?"

"To steal more," Justin declared before he could stop himself.

"Then I'm a pretty fucking stupid thief. Why would I be standing at the scene of the crime? Don't you think I would avoid this room like the plague?"

"Maybe," Justin admitted slowly.

"Besides Manny checked out where I've been for the last couple of days. He understands why I didn't come in."

"And why's that?" Justin asked wanting to believe Brian but needing the full story.

"It's kind of complicated."

"I'm not going anywhere and neither are you until you tell me why you stayed away. You don't look sick."

"I never said I was sick. Something came up."

"Yeah? Like what?"

Brian sighed and rubbed his forehead. "I'd like to tell you, Justin, but it's a long, awful story."

Justin heard the part about Brian wanting to tell him and his heart soared. He tried to rein in his emotions. "I'd like to hear the story, if you think you can trust me."

"I'm supposed to be working," Brian said. "Could you … um … come to dinner with me and I'll explain everything?"

"Tonight?" Justin asked. Brian nodded. "I might have to work," Justin replied knowing Manny was shorthanded.

"I need to fix your faucet," Brian said wearily. "If you want to come with me meet me in the lobby at seven. If you're not there, I'll know that you still don't trust me." He turned abruptly and went into the bathroom to work on the faucet.

Justin stood uncertainly in his room. He wanted to trust Brian, but he had just found him alone in his room again. He went to the dresser and pulled out the sock containing his latest tips. It was still intact. He glanced over his shoulder to see if Brian was watching him. The man was nowhere in sight and Justin could hear him tapping on the pipes. He stuffed the sock in his pocket, just in case. He decided he better find out why Manny had let Brian back into his room unsupervised.

Manny told Justin that Brian had seemed very sincere and he had talked on the telephone with the friend that he had been with for the last few days.

"Friend?" Justin asked. He didn't like the sound of that.

"This friend was in the hospital. I had to go through the switchboard of Pittsburgh General, so what Brian said was true."

"Oh," Justin said slowly. "Was the friend sick?"

"I didn't really get into that. She just said there had been a medical problem and Brian had stayed with her."

"Her? The friend was a her?"

Manny nodded. "It all seemed legit so I gave Brian the keys to continue fixing things. He didn't touch anything in your room, did he?"

"No … no, he didn't, but then who took my money?"

"I don't know, Justin, but I don't believe it was Brian."

Justin turned away thoroughly confused. Who could have stolen his money if it wasn't Brian? He had been sure it was the handyman. On the other hand he was happy that Brian didn't seem to be the thief. He was glad for a chance to talk to the man at dinner tonight. Maybe there was still some hope for them. He immediately pushed that thought away. He was going to stand on his own two feet and stop looking for a white knight to rescue him. He didn't need to fall into that trap again.

Justin turned back to Manny. "Do you need me to work tonight or did you hire a new boy?"

"I hired someone that Billy had recommended to me a couple of weeks ago. He starts tonight and seems okay, so you can have the night off if you want."

"Thanks, Manny. He didn't say anything about where Billy might be, did he?"

"I never thought to mention it. I'll ask him when he comes in."

Justin went up to his room. He would wear his new sweater when he went out to dinner with Brian. In the meantime he thought he might sketch until it was time to get ready. He picked up his sketchbook remembering that Brian had been looking at it when he had confronted him. He wondered which pictures the handyman had seen.

He flipped open the book and looked at the cottage scene with Jenny and the butterfly. He really liked that drawing. The next one was Brian's face. He had done a good job on that face. He wished Brian would look at him like that all the time. He sighed and flipped to the drawing of Brian's dick and the tool belt. He grinned. He wondered if Brian had looked at that one. The next one was Brian with a hand, Justin's hand, on his chest pushing him away. It was powerful in a disturbing kind of way. He had captured something strange about the emotion on Brian's face. Maybe he'd show it to him someday and see what he thought. That was if they survived this fucking dinner. A glance at the clock told him he better get ready.

Half an hour later he stood in the lobby waiting for Brian. Manny said he hadn't seen him. As the minutes ticked away Justin began to think he had been made a fool of again. Just like the other night Brian was leaving him hanging, waiting and wondering if he would show up. And he wouldn't.

Justin's temper had begun to rise when Brian finally came down the stairs from above. He was sweaty and out of breath.

"You're still here," he said.

"Disappointed?" Justin asked sarcastically. He was ready to cry once again. Those fucking hormones!

"No, I was hoping you'd wait. I had a little flood on the second floor and I had to get it stopped and cleaned up before I could leave. I was hoping you'd still be here."

Justin relaxed a bit with that explanation.

"I really need to shower before we go to dinner. Do you mind coming to my place while I get cleaned up?"

Justin wasn't about to refuse. He wanted to see where Brian lived and what sorts of things he was interested in.

The apartment was tiny, a third floor walk-up. Justin was surprised that it was so sparsely furnished with what looked like secondhand furniture. He had thought Brian liked the finer things for some reason. The place didn't show much for thirty years of Brian's life.

Brian showered quickly and reappeared in pale blue denim. It was a style that suited him. Justin thought he looked scrumptious enough to eat. Forget about dinner.

"What kind of food do you like?" Brian asked.

"Just about anything," Justin said with a grin.

"That doesn't help to narrow down where we're going."

"Um … if you want … we could order pizza and stay here and talk," Justin suggested. He wanted to get to know Brian and find out what had happened over the last few days.

Brian raised an eyebrow. "You're a cheap date." Justin could see him blush immediately.

"What?" Justin asked noting the man's embarrassment.

"I … I don't do dates. I don't know why I said that."

Justin hoped he knew why. "We're just friends sharing a pizza," Justin said trying to make things better.

"Right."

Brian went to the phone and placed the order. He grabbed a couple of beers, but Justin asked for a soda instead.

"I'll be glad when I can have beer again," Justin said as he sipped his soda.

"The baby?" Brian asked and that strange, sad look passed over his face again.

Justin nodded. "Not quite four months left."

"How … how did it happen?"

"Broken condom."

"Why … why are you keeping it?"

"I want a family," Justin said with such simplicity that Brian wanted to take him into his arms and hold him and kiss him and protect him.

"You don't have any other family?"

Justin felt the tears. He never talked about what had happened to his family, but he wanted to tell Brian. "My mother and father went to visit my grandparents in New York just before…just before…just before that dirty bomb went off about three years ago."

He didn't need to say anymore. Brian's arms came around him and held him close. He felt a few tears run down his cheeks. When Brian released him he saw tears on the man's face as well.

"What's wrong?" Justin asked.

"It's about why I was AWOL from the job at the Quoin," Brian said slowly wiping his face and staring at Justin.

"Tell me. I want to know."

Brian sighed and began.


Chapter 8 by Thyme

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 8




Brian opened his mouth to tell Justin the story but nothing came out. He shook his head. Then he felt Justin's hand take his and lace their fingers together. He cleared his throat and tried again.

"I was at the hospital for the … birth of my son," Brian managed to get out.

Justin could see the emotion that Brian was fighting. "You have a son?" Justin said with a smile of encouragement.

Brian shook his head. "No…no, I don't." Justin stared at Brian not understanding. Brian swallowed and continued. "My friend, Lindsay, wanted a baby so bad and there are very few straight men who can still reproduce. She badgered me into donating sperm, thinking that because I was gay it might get her pregnant."

"And it did?"

Brian nodded. "I never wanted a baby. I told her she'd have to look after it and not expect anything from me. She agreed to everything because she wanted the baby so badly. Then she started inviting me for dinner and making me talk to the baby in her belly. Somewhere along the line I started to want that baby. It was a … little … boy," Brian said choking out the words.

Justin squeezed Brian's hand still holding on tight. "A son."

Brian nodded and swallowed once more. "He was born a couple of days ago. They knew something was wrong a few days earlier and Lindsay had gone into the hospital. That was the day I first met you. They thought they might be able to save him. Then she went into labor early and his heart just stopped beating. She delivered him anyway, but he was dead."

Justin felt the color drain from his face. "No," he said more a moan than a word.

"So … that's where I've been … with Lindsay … in the hospital … and dealing with the death of our son."

Justin leaned against Brian. He could feel how devastated the man was. He also knew that the same thing could happen to Jenny. With all the chemicals and contamination in the environment now it was difficult for women to get pregnant, but even more difficult for them to carry to term and deliver a healthy baby. His baby seemed to be fine so far, but there were no guarantees. His arm came protectively around his stomach. Jenny had to be okay. She had to.

Brian saw the motion and pulled Justin against him. "I'm not trying to frighten you," he whispered into Justin's hair. "Because Gus died doesn't mean Jenny will."

Justin nodded against Brian's chest. "You were going to name him Gus?" he breathed.

"Yes, that was what Lindsay wanted."

"Is … is he buried yet?"

"No, this weekend."

"That's going to be so hard," Justin said.

"I have to be there … for Lindsay. They're letting her out of the hospital tomorrow."

"I could go with you if you want," Justin offered.

"You'd do that?"

"If you want me there?"

"I … do."

The buzzer rang indicating their pizza had arrived. Justin released Brian and the man got up wiping his face. He went to the door. After paying the man, he set the pizza on the small table.

"I'm not very hungry," Brian said, "but help yourself."

"I've lost my appetite too," Justin said moving over to stand beside Brian. He placed his hand on Brian's chest feeling the need to be connected to the man.

He felt Brian's arm reach around his back and he allowed himself to be pulled close. He reached up and found Brian's mouth, their lips meeting tentatively at first. The kiss grew firmer and more demanding as they pressed against each other. Justin felt Brian's tongue seek entrance and he opened willingly. They explored each other's mouths until they were forced to break apart to breathe. Justin sighed as the contact was broken.

"I … I want you," Brian whispered breathlessly. "I … need you."

That was all Justin needed to hear. He wrapped his arms around Brian's neck and the next kiss transported both of them. Justin could feel his rock hard cock throb against his groin as it was trapped between them. He pushed Brian's shirt off his shoulders and felt Brian lift his new sweater up over his head. They had to break the kiss to get rid of it, so Justin used that opportunity to unbutton Brian's jeans and shove them down. Brian reciprocated. Soon they stood naked facing each other. Justin was about to drop to his knees when Brian beat him to it.

Brian's soft, warm mouth engulfed Justin's manhood and Justin was sure he was going to die on the spot. He'd had lots of men suck him off, but none of them had ever felt quite like this. It was right. It was perfect. It was meant to be. He closed his eyes and let the feelings wash over him. Brian watched Justin's face as he worked his magic on the cock. Justin moaned and gasped and then he was coming, long and hard down Brian's throat. Brian stood and held him close as he slowly returned to normal. He kissed the full lips and Justin could taste himself. Justin knew this was the only man for him. If he had doubted it before, he did no longer.

"Bed?" he heard Brian whisper. He nodded.

He found himself stretched out on the bed with Brian lying next to him. Brian's hand was working up and down his shaft. It didn't take much to get him hard again. Looking into Brian's golden eyes was almost enough to do that.

"I want to fuck you," Brian said in a breathy whisper, "but what about the baby?"

"The doctor says I can do it for another couple of months," Justin whispered back.

Brian smiled at him, a funny, enigmatic, slightly sad smile. Justin knew he could look at that face and that smile forever. He would never tire of it.

Brian donned a condom and squirted some lube into his hand. Justin felt Brian rub over his hole and press in with first one finger and then two. He clenched the fingers with his anal muscles and then released using that to signal that he was ready. Brian flipped Justin's legs up onto his shoulders and positioned his cock. As he pressed in they both moaned at finally being joined. This was meant to be from the first moment that they had seen each other. Justin knew that, as surely as he knew that he could never give up this man.

Brian drew back and thrust in again until they were deeply and exquisitely one. He leaned in to kiss Justin and they smiled at each other. Brian drew back and thrust again deep and sure. Justin gasped and clutched at Brian's upper arms. Brian thrust again causing Justin to call out Brian's name. Feelings flooded through him. He wanted to cry, he wanted to scream, he wanted to sing, he wanted to love this man until the end of all time. Brian's rhythm became his own and they pounded against each other, each thrust and reaction perfectly suited.

Justin felt the tingling of his approaching orgasm. Jolts of electricity ran the length of his spine. His eyes rolled back in his head. The world spun around him. His balls felt ready to explode … and then they did. Justin screamed Brian's name and came with a force unlike anything he had ever felt before. He felt Brian's cock throb and knew the man was shooting too. He felt Brian fall against his chest and his arms went round the man possessively. That was the last thing he remembered for quite awhile.

Slowly he opened his eyes, realizing the weight on his chest was Brian's exhausted body. He ran his hand up and down Brian's back feeling the bones of the strong spine beneath. Brian sighed and raised his head. The golden eyes looked into the blue ones and they both knew. This was something special.

Brian shifted to the side and slid off Justin. Justin moaned in protest. Brian reached over and pulled Justin against his body. Justin turned a bit so his back was cradled against Brian's stomach. He was amazed at how well they fit together given the differences in their height. It was perfect. Everything was perfect. He felt Brian throw some covers over them and he snuggled closer against this man.

"I love you," he whispered and Brian didn't draw away. Justin rubbed his stomach thinking of what this might mean for him and Jenny. He felt Brian's arm come around him and rub his stomach too. He wondered if Brian meant that for the baby. He hoped so. With the thought of Brian and Jenny and their cottage circling through his brain, Justin fell asleep.



-----



When Justin awoke an hour or so later he was wrapped in strong arms and he smiled. He shifted gently so he could turn around and look at Brian, but he didn't want to wake him up. He lay there studying the handsome face and memorizing every aspect of Brian's features.

"Are you done yet?" a soft voice asked.

Justin jumped and then giggled. "I thought you were asleep."

"I was until you turned over."

"I'm sorry. I tried to do it without bothering you."

"You didn't … bother me."

Justin leaned in and kissed the full red lips. "I am so … happy," Justin said smiling.

He felt Brian tense a bit. "We need to talk, Justin," Brian said softly.

"Of course we do," Justin agreed. "There are so many things to talk about."

Brian frowned. "Can we take this slow? There are a lot of things you don't know yet."

"Like what?"

Brian sighed. "Like who I am and what I'm going to do with my life."

"I'd like to find that out," Justin said sincerely.

"But you might not like it when you do."

"What … what do you mean?" It sounded like Brian was going to tell him something bad and he didn't want to hear that. He couldn't take another disappointment.

"I…" Brian began and then stopped.

"Brian, you're scaring me. Please?"

"Let's have some of that fucking pizza. I think I could eat it now." Brian shoved himself off the bed and grabbed some sweats. He threw a robe to Justin.

Justin felt his heart pounding as he donned the robe. Brian was going to tell him why they couldn't be together. He was sure of it. He had made a fool of himself once again.

Brian returned to the bedroom. "I'm heating a couple of slices of pizza. They’ll be ready in a minute. Come on out here." He turned and went into the small living room. Justin reluctantly followed glancing back one last time to the bed where he had just built all his plans for the future, plans that were about to be demolished.

Justin nibbled on the pizza waiting for Brian to tell him the bad news.

"Justin…" Brian said.

"I'm waiting," Justin said rather testily.

Brian set down the rest of his pizza and turned to face Justin. "This place is the pits," he began.

Justin frowned. What the fuck was that supposed to mean? "I've seen better," Justin agreed not bothering to keep the sarcasm out of his voice. Was Brian going to tell him that the place wasn't good enough for him? Fucking excuse!

"I…I live here…cheap, so that I can save all my money."

"So?"

"So that I can pay for property I bought in Wyoming."

"Wyoming?" Justin couldn't make any sense out of this conversation at all.

"I hate this fucking burgh. I've been saving to get away from here ever since I can remember. I bought this property in Wyoming a few years ago. It's in the middle of nowhere. I want to be free and independent."

There it was. Justin felt the tears and fought them back. He'd done it again, letting his emotions rule his head. Brian was going to Wyoming to be free and alone. He was trying to tell him that he didn't want him around. Justin decided to save Brian the trouble and maybe save a little of his own dignity at the same time.

He set his pizza down and stood without a word. He walked back into the bedroom and started dressing. He would not cry. He was getting out of there with some semblance of pride left. He pulled on his sweater and stood to leave. Brian was in the doorway blocking his way and staring at him.

Justin glared at him hoping that he wouldn't notice how close to the surface his tears were.

"You're leaving?" Brian asked.

Justin nodded not wanting to trust his voice to answer.

"I was afraid that's what your reaction would be," Brian said.

"Afraid?" Justin managed to get out in surprise.

"Yeah, I thought when I mentioned that I was leaving before too long, that you'd run away."

"I'm not running away. I thought you were telling me that you didn't want me around, that you wanted to go to Wyoming by yourself."

"Is that what it sounded like? I…I'm sorry."

Justin stared at him, his fucking heart getting its hopes up once again. "What were you telling me?"

"I wanted you to know my plans to see if you might want to leave Pittsburgh too."

"With you?"

"With me."

Justin launched himself at Brian. He kissed the man with every fiber of his being. Each time he took a breath between kisses he whispered, "Yes, oh yes."

Finally Justin stopped kissing resting his head against Brian's throat but still holding on tight to this wonderful man that he had finally found.

"So I take it that Wyoming sounds all right to you?" Brian asked.

"More than all right. It sounds wonderful."

"What … what about the baby?"

"What about the baby?" Justin asked a sliver of fear stabbing into his happiness.

"I don't think I could go through another loss like that."

"What does that mean exactly?" Justin asked warily.

"Do you think the baby, Jenny, is going to be all right?"

"Everything looks that way. A healthy baby girl."

"Justin, we'd be in the middle of nowhere. They might not know how to help you."

"Are we leaving tomorrow?" Justin asked with a grin. Brian was worried about his safety and Jenny's. Jesus, he loved this man.

"I've almost paid off the property. I was planning to leave in a couple of months."

"If you make it four months, we will have a baby to take with us."

Brian smiled that funny sad smile. "We'll have a baby?" he asked stressing the "we" part.

Justin nodded and felt Brian hug him tighter.

"You are so high maintenance," Brian pretended to gripe. "Now I have to undress you all over again."

"Such hardships," Justin joked and gave him a little punch in the arm. Brian tugged off his sweater and began licking down his neck. Justin moaned in satisfaction. He and Jenny were going to Wyoming to a new life and a new future. Brian wanted him and the baby. All his dreams had come true.


Chapter 9 by Thyme

 

Tool Belt Man

Chapter 9




Brian and Justin fucked the night away lost in all the new sensations of being together, exploring and learning. They liked what they found.

The alarm woke them at seven the next morning. Brian slapped it off and rolled over to look into sleepy blue eyes.

"Do we have to get up?" Justin asked with a pout.

"You're so cute when you first wake up," Brian said giving him a little hip check.

"You think I'm cute?" Justin asked smiling.

Brian groaned. If there was one thing he had learned already, it was how smart and quick on the uptake this blond was. He had to choose his words carefully because Justin could read so much into them. "Yes, I think you're cute," Brian admitted with a grin. "Now get your butt out of bed. I have to go to work at the Quoin, and I'll take you back with me."

"You want me to go back?" Justin asked disappointment written all over his beautiful face.

"You don't want to?" Brian asked.

"I was kind of hoping that I could stay here."

"Justin," Brian began, "we have to be realistic about this. I need to earn money and so do you. If we're going to Wyoming in four months we have to have as much of a nest egg as we can put together."

"I like the sound of that," Justin said with a smile.

"The sound of working to raise money?"

"No, silly, the sound of us going to Wyoming … together."

Brian leaned over and kissed him. Justin responded immediately getting them both hot and bothered.

"Jesus, you drive me insane," Brian gasped as he donned a condom. He didn't think he'd ever get enough of this blond.

They arrived late to the Quoin. Justin was sure Manny knew what had happened but he was nice enough not to make an issue of it. Brian got to work immediately and Justin went to his room to shower. They hadn't had time after their morning fuckfest.

Justin didn't expect he'd have any clients for a few hours so he decided to take one of his rose water baths. He turned on the sound system and cranked it up so he could listen while he soaked. His ass was a little sore after the workout with Brian, but he sighed contentedly as the warm water surrounded him.

He was so happy. Brian was his soul mate. He had known it.

"I love him, Jenny," he whispered. "We're going to Wyoming soon and we'll start a new life. There will be fresh air and a little house, and Brian will look after us. We will be so happy."



-----



On the weekend Justin accompanied Brian to the funeral service for his dead son. Justin was almost sorry he had said he'd go. The small casket gave him the creeps. He couldn't help imagining what it would be like if that casket was for Jenny.

Brian sat next to Lindsay and they held hands during the brief ceremony. Justin felt like a fifth wheel. The sorrow of the parents was evident and he was an outsider.

Part way through the service Brian's hand found Justin's and he hung on almost in a death grip. Justin could feel him drawing strength from the contact and then he was glad he had come. Brian needed him, maybe as much this day, as Justin needed him the rest of the time. They would be there for each other. Together they were strong.

Somehow they got through the service and the little casket disappeared. The baby, Gus, was to be cremated. Brian asked Lindsay and her partner, Melanie, to come out to lunch with them, but they declined. Justin was kind of glad they did. He liked them well enough but their grief was overwhelming and it made Brian so quiet and closed.

Justin and Brian ended up going back to Brian's. Justin made long, sweet love to his man, doing his best to erase the memories of the funeral and replace them with love and tenderness. They were exhausted by the afternoon, but Justin was scheduled to work later that day. He reluctantly let Brian drive him back to the Quoin and drop him off. He hoped Brian wouldn't return to his depression before Justin would see him again the next day.

Justin worked all night. He earned almost three hundred dollars in tips which he added to his sock. Now that he no longer ran the danger of throwing up, his tips had been climbing. His trips to piss were increasing but that was easier to deal with than uncontrolled hurling.

He slept late Sunday morning finally getting up to make some coffee. That always reminded him of Billy who had never returned or sent any kind of notice about what had happened to him. Justin hoped he had found something better and that was why he never returned to the Quoin.

Justin picked up his sketchbook and began drawing. He drew his image of Jenny playing hide and seek around Brian's legs. He knew Jenny wasn't Brian's child but maybe she would be able to fill the hole in Brian's heart left by the death of his own baby.

The sound system played his song and he listened to the last verse.

"Now it's been ten thousand years
Man has cried a billion tears
For what he never knew
Now man's reign is through
But through the eternal night
The twinkling of starlight
So very far away
Maybe it's only yesterday…"

Justin wondered about those words. It seemed like he had cried a billion tears over the last few years. He was hoping that a new life in Wyoming would mean fewer tears and a chance to be happy. He and Brian were very happy … so far. They loved spending time together. Brian was smart and he thought that Justin was pretty smart too. Justin loved talking to the man. They hardly ever fought. Justin wondered if it would always be like that. He thought they would probably begin to take each other for granted and there would be fights, but they'd weather them somehow.

He thought there'd be twinkling stars in Wyoming without all the pollution that seemed to block the sky in Pittsburgh. How quickly things could change. He held his arms across his stomach, and then it happened. He was sure he could feel Jenny kick. It was a little thump that he had never felt before.

"You're alive, Jenny, you're really alive," he whispered in awe. "And you'll be here soon." He could hardly wait to tell Brian.

When Justin finished up work that day, he went to speak to Manny at the front desk. He wanted to check on where his finances stood. Manny scanned his barcode tattoo and gave him the number. Just then a boy that Justin didn't recognize came to the desk as well.

"Hi, Kyle," Manny said scanning the boy's tattoo. "Have you met Justin yet?"

Kyle shook his head. "Are you the Justin that was a friend of Billy's?"

Justin nodded. He didn't think much about Billy since Brian had come into his life. "Do you know Billy?" Justin asked.

"He recommended that I apply here for a job. I guess I got his job when he left," Kyle said with a strange smirk.

"Do you know what happened to him?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, he hit it lucky," Kyle said.

"What does that mean?"

"He inherited some money and headed south to a warmer climate. I'm sure he's basking on a beach in Florida right now."

"He inherited some money?" Justin asked. "How much?"

"He told me it was over three thousand dollars, just enough to get him out of here and established somewhere better."

"Fuck!" Justin reacted.

"What's wrong?" Manny asked taking note of Justin's face, but not having heard the conversation.

"See you guys later," Kyle said and made his way upstairs.

"That prick just told me that Billy inherited three thousand dollars and has moved to Florida."

"Isn't that close to what was stolen from you?" Manny asked.

Justin nodded. "My so called fucking friend ripped me off and absconded with my money. Son of a bitch!"

"Christ, that sucks, Justin. I'm sorry to hear that."

"Well I'm glad he's gone and I hope he's happy with his ill gotten gains. I got Brian, so it doesn't matter anymore."

"That's more charitable than I'd be," Manny stated.

"I have too many good things in my life to worry about the likes of him."

"I'm glad things have worked out, Justin."

"Thanks, Manny. Keep your eyes on that Kyle. If he's anything like Billy, he'll try to rip you off."

"I'll keep that in mind."

Justin made his way to his room. He wondered what Brian's reaction would be when he told him what Billy had done.



-----



The next weeks went by in a whirlwind. Justin worked at the Quoin for a month or so and then Brian convinced him to quit as he approached the fourth month of his pregnancy. Justin was going to move in with Brian until they left for Wyoming after the baby was born.

Brian wanted to take care of Justin. It was getting close to the time when Justin would no longer be able to have anal penetration. Brian was worried that a client might get carried away like Max had and hurt Justin. He wasn't going to allow anything to happen to Justin or Jenny.

Justin and Brian were closer than ever especially after the revelation about Billy. Brian felt fully vindicated even though Justin had always seemed to believe him after his initial suspicions. They both worked and saved for their trip. The land in Wyoming was paid off, but they had very little to spend on building a house when they got there. Brian said they might have to live in a tent for awhile. He even talked about leaving Justin and the baby in Pittsburgh until he had a suitable place for them.

Justin was having none of that. He had finally found the man he wanted to spend his life with and he wasn't letting him travel halfway across the country without him. Brian finally gave in.

The day Justin moved out of the Quoin was an exciting day in many ways. It was a happy day, but also a sad day for Justin. He had lived at the Quoin for three years and he was leaving it for good. He would especially miss Manny who had been good to him.

Justin packed up his meager belongings. They all fit in one athletic bag. He found it difficult to bend over and pick up the bag once it was loaded. The thickening around his middle was becoming more obvious and he was glad he wouldn't have to hide it from clients anymore.

Brian teased him unmercifully about getting fat, but Justin also knew that the man had taken to laying his head on Justin's stomach when they watched TV. Sometimes Jenny would kick and Brian would smile. Justin prayed that nothing would happen to Jenny like what had happened to Gus. Brian said he could feel the heartbeat from the little one, strong and clear. Justin loved him so much at those moments that he was surprised his heart didn't burst out of his chest.

Justin looked around his room and remembered the fridge. He emptied it throwing out most of the stuff in it, leaving it clean for the next boy who would live there. He was so glad not to have to live this life anymore.

He opened the cupboard and saw the coffee can. It was over half full so he decided to take it with him. He and Brian were still economizing. The dishes all stayed with the room. Justin noticed the other coffee can behind the one he decided to take with him. It was the one where he had kept his money and he had just left it there after that horrible day when he discovered his money had been stolen.

"Time to get rid of that too, Jenny," Justin said.

He pulled the can out of the cupboard and noticed something behind it. He tossed the can in the wastebasket and reached for the envelope that had been hidden behind the cans. Then he remembered … Albert. This was what Albert had given him the last time he had seen him. He wondered if Albert was still alive.

He ripped open the envelope and found a picture of Albert looking a little younger than Justin remembered him. He smiled.

"Remind me to tell you all about Albert one day, Jenny. He was a nice man."

There was a little note saying how much Albert had enjoyed his times with Justin. He hoped Justin would remember him because he had no family of his own. It ended by saying that the enclosed documents might help Justin to make a good life for himself and his baby.

Justin opened the folded papers. Quickly he realized that it was the deed to Albert's house signed over to him. Justin would have to return this to Albert as soon as he could. He couldn't accept something like that.

Brian arrived and kissed Justin hello. Justin told him about the deed and Brian agreed that they shouldn't take it. Brian grabbed Justin's bag and they made their way down to the front desk.

Justin told Manny about the deed. Manny said he had seen the death notice for Albert a few days earlier. He had forgotten to mention it to Justin.

Justin felt the tears well up. He would miss Albert.

"What am I going to do about the house?" Justin asked.

"He wanted you to have it," Manny said practically.

"But … I don't know," Justin said. "How would I claim it?"

"The newspaper with the death notice is here somewhere. You could probably contact the funeral home and they could tell you who to see about his estate. They would have to be paid from his estate."

"That makes sense," Brian agreed.

"It would mean we could sell Albert's house and build our own as soon as we get out west," Justin said just beginning to realize what a windfall Albert had given them.

"Let's go home," Brian said softly.

Justin hugged Manny goodbye thoroughly embarrassing the man. He left the Quoin for the last time.



-----



Six months later Justin stood in front of the framework for the house he and Brian were building in Wyoming. They had sold Albert's house and used the money to get this one started. It would look a lot like the cottage in Justin's drawing of Jenny with the butterfly.

Justin smiled and cooed to his daughter that he held in his arms. Jenny was beautiful and alert and perfect. Justin knew she would look like the little girl in his drawing. Everything else had come true.

Brian came round the corner of the house. His shirt was off and the tool belt hung low on his hips.

"Oooh, Jenny," Justin said with an evil grin. "Daddy's all hot and sweaty. He's making me the same way." Justin fanned his face even though it was a cool spring day.

"Want to get hot and sweaty together?" Brian asked with a grin.

"Yes, please," Justin grinned. "As soon as I put Jenny down for her nap."

"If I can wait that long," Brian said kissing Justin lustily and then giving Jenny a peck on her cheek.

"You can wait," Justin said knowingly.

"Since you got your figure back, you've gotten awful bossy," Brian told him.

"I always was bossy. It was just that during the pregnancy I was so emotional it was hard to tell."

Brian chuckled. "I'll get back to work till Jenny's asleep."

"I'll put her down in the tent."

"Meet you in the back of the truck in fifteen minutes. I laid the mattress there. We can make love under blue skies," Brian said with a grin as he disappeared.

Justin smiled. The world might be all fucked up but his little corner of it was just fine. He had his wonderful, caring lover. He had his beautiful daughter. He had fond memories of Albert and his own family. Life was good and he was going to enjoy every minute of it.



SONG: In the Year 2525 (Exordium and Terminus) by Zager and Evans 1969


This story archived at http://www.kinnetikdreams.com/viewstory.php?sid=983