- Text Size +

CHAPTER 19 – DINNER

 

BRITIN – SUNDAY MORNING

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

JUSTIN

 

Oh God he smells so good! And while his skin felt good before, now it feels like touching silk.  We had such a great night even though we didn’t make love. When we went upstairs to the bathroom, he actually read the instructions carefully before applying the body scrub and giving me a top to toe scrub. I don’t think I have ever been so clean!

 

And then the massage! He has a hidden talent! He unkinked every knot in my back and then we made out for an hour. An hour…I’ve never made out with anyone for an hour, well apart from him on the ship. Oh God, it was so just so…man alive, it was hot!

 

He went downstairs but ordered me to stay in bed and when he came up he had made me a Franc Special Hot Chocolate. I could’ve cried with happiness, especially when I realised he put Beam in it. I managed to stay awake until he finished in the bathroom but then the warmth and smell of his skin and his slight wheeze had me asleep in minutes.

 

But right now, I’m looking at him and slowly pull the sheet off his body.  I look around the room and when I find my pad, I start to draw.

 

LEDA’S HOUSE

 

BEDROOM

 

MEL

 

Oh this is so cute, it’s ridiculous! I am currently lying on the bed with Gus rubbing cocoa butter onto my stomach.

 

“You are not helping!” I giggle as Leda continues to film.

 

“Gus, sweetie you missed a bit just to the left.  No the other left.  That’s it!”

 

“Momma, I’m not hurting you or Bumpy, am I?”

 

“No.  Bumpy likes what you’re doing.”  He grins at me and takes another lot of cocoa butter and gently rubs it in.

 

“Momma!” Gus gasps quietly as his hand stills. “I felt something!”

 

“That was Bumpy saying thank you.”  I reassure him as his eyes are as big as dinner plates.

 

“You’re welcome Bumpy.”

 

But then Gus goes very quiet.  “Momma?”

 

“Yes Gus?”

 

“I-I saw mommy last week.” Leda and I exchange looks. I sit up and wait. “She’s not coming here, is she?”

 

“No darling, she’s not.”  I reassure him.

 

“And she’s not going to chase Momma Leda away, is she? When we get home, I mean?  Be-because Momma Leda is going to see us at home, isn’t she?”

 

“No, she’s not and yes Momma Leda is going to see us at home.”

 

“I’m glad. I love Momma Leda!”  He smiles and goes back to rubbing in cocoa butter.

 

And I use the sheet to wipe my eyes.

 

CARL’S HOUSE

 

BEDROOM

 

DEBS

 

I try to wrest the remote from Carl. “I am the guest! I am supposed to choose what we watch, that is the rule!”

 

He laughs heartily.  “In which universe?”

 

“Mine!”  I assert firmly.

 

“Aww, that’s a shame. I was hoping it would be our universe.”

 

I mock-glare at him. “One hour of sports and that’s it. I need to watch my soaps!!”

 

“Okay!” He kisses me on the cheek and I grab my magazine and his headphones. I try not to smile too much when he sets the timer.

 

Oh I really like this guy!

 

BEN’S HOUSE

 

KITCHEN

 

BEN

 

Is he actually serious?!  I look at Emmy as he beavers around the kitchen. He’s made more mess in 2 hours than I have in about six years but I can’t help the grin on my face.

 

“What exactly are you doing?”  I wrap my arms around him and nuzzle his neck.

 

“I am making you something for lunch and dinner today. And I will need ice cream when I get home…I mean back!”

 

I turn an embarrassed Emmy to face me. “Will you stop that? I like the fact that you are comfortable enough here to call it home.  But this mess is making me itch. Please can we clean up?”

 

He grins and kisses me soundly.  “Absolutely!”

 

BRITIN – LATE MORNING

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

BRIAN

 

I love the way he gets lost in what we are doing and feeling. We’re holding hands after he slides down and starts to move. I let go of one of his hands and start to jack his cock, much to his surprise.

 

“Oooommm!” He groans and throws his head back. “So good, so good…oh so good!”  He chants.

 

“Justin! Oh Justin!” I cry out and I let go off his cock. Then pull him down so we can kiss before he sits back up and starts to move faster.

 

“Br-Brian!  So…oh fuck, wow!”  He yells and explodes over my chest.

 

“God! Justin! Yes!” I roar. I’m surprised when he remains upright taking in lungfuls of air.  “Justin?”

 

“Wait a second.”  He pants and then dips his finger into his cum before sliding the finger into my mouth and I suck it clean.  “Good?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Slowly he lifts off of me.  “Can you stand?”  He asks huskily and I nod. After two attempts, I finally make it. I watch mesmerised as he peels the condom off me and then starts to lick me clean.  My legs are shaking and I almost swear when he stops.  “Come on, I need to clean the rest of my dirty old man.” He teases and then yelps when I swat his ass on the way to the bathroom.

 

DEBS’ HOUSE – EARLY EVENING

 

DEBS

 

Ted and Ems are here.  I don’t think I have ever seen them look so happy. Vic had the house to himself and took full advantage. Luckily, it was just me coming in to find his ass bouncing away!  Needless to say, I have been teasing him ever since!

 

Everything is set and there goes the door.  Taking a deep breath I head to open it.

 

“Hi Ma.” Michael comes in smiling but his face falls when he sees Ted and Ems. “What are they doing here?  I thought it was just us.”

 

“You thought wrong.”  Vic tells him, coming down the stairs.

 

The door goes again and this time it’s Mel. “No Gus?” She shakes her head. “He’s with Leda and…”

 

“I’ll get it!” Vic calls out and then he gasps. “What the fuck are you doing here?!”

 

“Good evening to you too, Vic.”  Lindsay steps inside.

 

Oh fuck!

 

I look at Ems…he’s already on his phone making his way out the back door. When he comes back, he shakes his head.  Before I can do anything in walks Brian.

 

Oh shit fuck!

 

“You’ve both crawled out from under your rocks, I see.” Brian intones dryly before kissing Mel on the cheek and giving Bumpy a rub.

 

He rubbed Bumpy?  When did the rubbing start?!

 

“Brian! Mel!” Lindsay takes a step towards Mel but is surprised when Brian pulls Mel behind him and she lets him. “Brian, what are you doing?! You’re behaving like I would hurt Mel.”

 

“You did.” He snarls. “Remember when you didn’t inseminate her like you promised and cheated on her?”

 

“I was confused and didn’t know what I wanted and…”

 

“Oh, who the hell is it this time?! The Klan!” I snap and almost rip the door off its hinges. Opening it and am surprised to see Jennifer.

 

“Hi Debs. I thought you might need a bit of support.” I smile and let her in.

 

BRIAN

 

As soon as I saw her, I knew. He has her smile. “Excuse me a minute.” I step outside and make a call, then head back inside.

 

“Right, we are going to sit down and talk.” Debs orders. “Before we do that, I would like to…”

 

“What is there to talk about?” Michael demands as if he’s done fuck-all. “Lindsay needs to leave after the immense hurt she caused Brian and Mel. I can’t believe she has the nerve to think that she can come back as if she’s done nothing!”

 

“Are you fucking with me?!”  Ted roars.

 

“Don’t talk to me like that! I’m…”

 

“Nothing!” Ted yells back at him. “You are nothing!  After all you did!”

 

“Ted, please calm down.” Mel strokes his arm and that seems to work.

 

“QUIET!”  I shout and nobody says a word.  “First things first...  I’m Brian Kinney and…”

 

“We know who you are Brian.” Lindsay points out.

 

“But this lady doesn’t. You have to be Jennifer. It’s the smile.”

 

“I am indeed. You gave him a backache. He hasn’t had that ever. It’s nice to meet you.  I understand that you passed the other test, too?”

 

“Other…oh yeah with flying colours on the first day apparently. In the end, I gave up moving. He does have very fine ears.”  I smile at her.  “Let me introduce you to everyone else.”

 

“You’re kidding me?”  Mel gasps.  “She’s…”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Well I’ll be damned.”  Vic chuckles.

 

“Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on?!”  Michael snipes.

 

“No. This does not concern you.” Emmy retorts. “Now I think we should order take-out and then talk about the shit that does concern you two.”

 

I pull out my phone and grin. “I’ll be back in five minutes!” I tell them and head out of the house.

 

MEL

 

“Okay, anybody?” I look around but not at Lindsay. They all shake their heads and we wait.

 

“So who are you to my Ma?” Michael demands of Jennifer.

 

“A friend.” She replies shortly. “Debs, should we get everyone a drink while we wait?”

 

“I can help. I know exactly what Mel likes.” Lindsay starts to get up.

 

“Not anymore you don’t.” I retort and Ted reciprocates with the arm stroking, making me laugh.

 

Of course, Lindsay ignores me. But despite her best efforts, Lindsay is blocked from the kitchen and of course Michael just sits there waiting to be waited on.

 

The door goes again, so it can’t be Brian. Lindsay goes to open it. “Can I help you?”

 

“You can let me in.” Is the terse reply.

 

“Well I don’t know you and my…”

 

“Franc!” Debs rushes to the door and almost shoves Lindsay into the wall, getting her out of the way to let her in.

 

“What is she doing here?!”  Michael whines.

 

“Who is she?” Lindsay demands.

 

“As you clearly heard, she is Franc and I don’t care why she’s here. I’m glad she is!”  Debs retorts. “Now honey, what do you have there?”

 

She is hauling in a huge basket, she smiles at me. “Got faves for everyone. They can cook while you’re dealing with this shit. Then when they’re out, we eat.  Carl and Ben are waiting to start the ring round.”

 

“Out?  What do you mean out?”  Michael glares at her.

 

“Carl?  Ben?  Who are these people?!”  Lindsay bridles.

 

“Nobody who wants to know you.” Franc sneers before turning to look around the room and gasping. “Jen!  What the hell are you doing here?!”

 

“Meet my best friend and fellow PFLAG member, Debs!”

 

“Criminently!”  She snorts and embraces Jennifer.

 

“Crime a what?”  Jennifer laughs.

 

“Well it was either that or say fuck me I’m gobsmacked!”  She chuckles.

 

The door opens again and this time it is Brian but he’s alone though he doesn’t look upset.

 

“Okay when did you get here?”  He looks at Franc in astonishment.

 

“About 10 minutes ago. Where have you been?”

 

“Persuading…”

 

“Say no more.”  Franc smiles.

 

“Can we please get to whatever you guys want to talk about and then eat! That food looks great!”  Michael has been watching Franc pull out dish after dish.

 

“Okay.” Debs shepherds Ems and Brian back into the lounge. “Let’s start with you Lindsay...”

 

Lindsay looks at Debs with just about disguised contempt but plasters a smile on her face.

 

“Why are you here?”  I ask.

 

“I want my family back.  I know what I did was wrong and…”

 

“Where’s Sam?”  Michael snipes.

 

“Shut up Michael!”  Brian growls much to the idiot’s surprise.

 

“Sam was a mistake and…”

 

“For how long?” I ask. “How long are you back before Sam or some other guy’s cock calls like a siren out to you?”

 

“Mel, let’s not rehash old ground. We both…I mean we all made mistakes and…”

 

“Old Ground?!  And how the fuck can you say they made mistakes?!”  Ems demands.  “They did what you were supposed to be doing!”

 

“Ems, this is between Mel, Brian and me.  Nothing to do with you and…”

 

“My name is Emmett. And who do you think was here picking up the pieces when you fucked off?!”       

 

“Yeah, we all were. We helped them heal and if you think…”  Michael begins.

 

“Again, shut the fuck up Michael!” Brian snaps at him.

 

“Thank you Brian. I knew I could…” Lindsay breathes a sigh of relief which turns into a gasp at Brian’s next words, directed at her.

 

“Get out.” Brian’s voice is strong and clear. “You’ve been gone for almost two years. We’re happy and more importantly Gus is happy and…”

 

“He doesn’t want to see you.”  I interrupt.  “He told me this morning.”

 

“He’s only 3, he doesn’t know…” Lindsay tries to reason.

 

“He’s four and he does know what he wants. He’s a very intelligent and sweet little boy.”  We all turn in surprise at Justin’s voice and Brian’s face lights up. “And he certainly doesn’t take after you.”

 

“What are you doing here?!”  Michael and Lindsay ask at the same time.

 

“Get out Lindsay.  Nobody wants you here.”  I tell her.

 

Much to my surprise, she stands up and heads to the door. This is too easy.  “Melanie, I will be at the house tomorrow around 1000; you and I will talk then. And Brian, I will be at the office after…”

 

“No you won’t.” We all turn to look at Franc. “You won’t be doing either of those things.”

 

“And how is any of this your concern?” She sneers, drawing herself to her full height.

 

“You hurt my friends so that’s where my concern comes from. Did you just square up to me?  What are you a silverback? Are you going to start beating that really-in-need-of-a-bra chest of yours?”

 

Immediately, Lindsay closes her jacket and glares at me when I chortle. She turns back to Franc but stops when she puts up her hand. “Because if you are then come ahead, but know this, I will knock you through that wall.”

 

“Once again Lindsay, get out!” Michael stands and grabs her elbow and shoves her out the door before turning back to us with a smile. “Good riddance to her again.  Now let’s eat!”

 

BRIAN

 

“Did you hear anything we said just now?” I bark at him. “I want you gone Michael. You tried to destroy me!”

 

“I didn’t!” He rolls his eyes and puts his hands on his hips. “For the last fucking time, I was drunk! I didn’t realise what…”

 

“No you weren’t.” Franc cuts him off and we all look at her in surprise.

 

“How do you know that?”  Emmy frowns.

 

“In order for you to be drunk, you need to drink. I checked your mini bar and that hadn’t been touched. You didn’t go to any bars on the ship. In fact, the only places that card was swiped that day were the business centre and your room. So, of all the things you were, drunk you weren’t. And there’s the little matter of Leather Bear. You didn’t find him outside your door; you found him in the business centre.”

 

“What?” Vic growls and Michael looks startled at his tone.

 

“Remember that Gus said that Leather Bear had a mark on the back of his dungarees?  And I took it Eyl to get them cleaned?”

 

“Yes.”  I reply cautiously.

 

“He couldn’t get it out because it was permanent marker in eggplant. And that was on the sill too. So I think that Gus put Leather Bear on top of the open marker, by accident, behind the boards. That’s where you saw him and picked him up.”

 

We all just look at Michael and wait for him to say something. Instead, we are just met with silence and shifty eyes.

 

“And then there’s the matter of VanGuard...” I rebuke him. “Why did you try and ruin my reputation?”

 

“What are you talking about now?!”  Michael is getting shrill.

 

“You went to VanGuard and told them that I approached Seabird when you knew that wasn’t true.”

 

“I didn’t!”  He shouts at me.

 

“You’re on video doing exactly that.”

 

“Video?” He echoes.

 

“Yes but all that was for naught. And I’ve been thinking about the competition... I want to thank you for entering me because you and I both know I didn’t. I had time to take stock and realise what I want in my life. I do want a relationship…”

 

“I knew it! Okay, I didn’t go about it the right way but I just wanted you to know how much I wanted us to move forward and…”

 

“But not with you.  It was never going to be you!”

 

“I can’t believe my dreams are finally…wait what do you mean not with me?

 

“I never loved you like that. In fact, I don’t even like you right now. But I do feel I could love someone and it helps that Gus loves him already.”

 

“You can’t be serious! Ted?! You are picking Ted over me?!” He screams, his eyes filling with tears. “I’ve waited all this time!”

 

“Do you not see Justin? You know the hot blond that he’s been salivating over since the day he saw him?”  Mel asks.

 

“Justin? This guy? You can’t be serious!  He’s not even your tricking type!”

 

“Exactly!” I yell back at him. “He’s what I need and more importantly, what I want. I don’t want you, Michael! Never did; never will!”

 

“No! That’s not true! This is just you react…”

 

The rest of his words fade as Justin pulls me down to kiss him and I groan into his mouth and we wrap our arms round each other. He really does know how to kiss me. The clearing of someone’s throat stops us from going too far. Damn, we were only a second away before he would have started climbing!  Later...

 

“You can fake a lot of things Michael...” Ted snarls at him. “But you can’t fake that!”

 

“Now get the fuck out!” Vic orders and repeats the same thing he did to Lindsay but this time he locks and chains the door. “Sis, we’re getting the locks changed!”

 

Debs had been remarkably quiet all this time and just nods, then turns to me. “Brian, I’m sorry. If I in any way encouraged his hopes with you, I’m sorry.”

 

“You never did Debs. This was all him.”

 

“Okay, Emmy call Ben and Debs call Carl!”  Franc orders and starts to switch on the oven.

 

OUTSIDE DEBS HOUSE

 

LINDSAY

 

Michael is just standing in the path looking nauseous.

 

“Problem, Michael?” I laugh.

 

“Go away Lindsay.”  He starts to walk away.

 

“Michael, you are too quick to give up. I don’t know what happened in there but I fully intend to get my family back. No matter what they say, I know what is best for us.”

 

“He’s in love with someone else.”  He mumbles.

 

“No, he’s fucking someone else for now. He will get bored and be back to being Brian in no time. And Mel will know that no one will ever want her but me.”

 

“You have an over-inflated sense of self, my dear.” Jennifer’s voice startles us both. “In order for you two to get to those two, you have to go through us two. And should there be anything left of you by the time Franc is done, I will burn you to the ground.”

 

“I don’t know who you are used to dealing with but my parents are…”

 

“The Petersons, yes I know them well. Their pretentiousness and sense of entitlement with no remorse is deeply embedded in you. You’ve been away too long, my dear. All is not what it seems in your house.  Ah, you must be Carl.”

 

“Uh yes. Um you are?”

 

“Jennifer Taylor. Now which precinct is it you work for again? These two don’t seem to understand the word leave.”

 

Judging by the look on Michael’s face, him being a cop is the real deal. “I’ll be back.” I tell Jennifer.

 

“Only if you are truly stupid. Now Carl, can I leave you to supervise the riffraff and then come join us for dinner?”

 

“With pleasure, Jennifer. I won’t be long.”

 

CARL

 

“Now you two need to go or I will call some cars now to help you get home…tomorrow morning.”

 

They head off in opposite directions and I can’t help but laugh. He really does walk like he’s crapped his pants!

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive, if reviewing.  Thanks