- Text Size +

CHAPTER 33 - SADNESS, MEETING AND BATTLE LINES ARE DRAWN

 

RUBY’S ROOM - SUNDAY MORNING

 

GUS

 

She is the prettiest little sister in the world but now I can’t move and I need to pee-pee! I don’t know what to do. She’s holding my finger and I don’t want her to cry if I make her let go! And I don’t want to make her cry because if she cries then I cry because I’m so sad!

 

“Hey Gus, Rub...Gus you okay?” Daddy comes in.

 

“Need bathroom but…” I show him our hands.

 

“Just go, I’ve got her.”

 

I just make it!

 

When I come back to her room, daddy is feeding her. “Come here Sonny Boy, you want to feed Ruby?” I nod. “Good because I need to explain something to you.”

 

Daddy settles me in his lap and I feed Ruby. “Gus. Ruby is stronger than you think, she’s like you. You are stronger than you think. So if you need to do something, like go to the bathroom when you’re with Ruby, you must go. She might grizzle, I mean cry, but she will settle down. Do you understand?”

 

I nod and then the heavy feeling is back. “Gus is something wrong?” Daddy asks.

 

“N-not really.”

 

“Gus. What is it?”

 

“Daddy...I miss them.” I really don’t want to cry. “Ev-everyone has a someone from the ship and I-I d-don’t and I was supposed to...”

 

“Oh Gus!” Papa Justin comes in and takes my hand. “Why didn’t you say?”

 

“Everyone was worried about Ruby and I didn’t want to say and-and-and…”

 

“Get Momma.” Daddy tells Papa Justin.

 

“Gus what’s wrong?!” Momma cries and picks me up when she comes in. “Now tell us what has you so upset?”

 

“I miss my friends from the ship. T-they were supposed to come but then Ruby came and she can’t be around people other than us and I do-don’t wa-want to sound mean because I love Ruby, but I wanted to see them but…”

 

“Let me, I mean us, have our Sonny Boy for a minute or two.”

 

I watch Papa Justin and Momma Leda leave and take Ruby with them. “Daddy…”

 

“Gus, you need to tell us when you are upset about something so we can help you.” Momma wipes my eyes. “So who are you missing?”

 

“E-everyone from Kids Club. But I love Ruby I do! I knowed she’s little and needs help. But I felt li-like you forgot about me, even though I was standing right there.”

 

Daddy takes me from momma and holds me so tight. “I’m so sorry! We were so worried about Ruby we...we forgot about you. And we promise never to do that again.”

 

I hug daddy as hard as he is hugging me feeling better now I said something, just like I felt like after I spoke to Unca Michael.

 

“Can we come in?” Papa Justin calls to us, daddy looks at me and I nod. “Gus, I’m sorry too. Let’s see what we can do about that weekend you lost.”

 

“Really?” I turn round in daddy’s lap and Papa Justin takes my hand and nods.

 

“But you must tell us whenever you are upset, you promise?”

 

“I promise Papa Justin and I’m sorry I didn’t.”

 

“Can you come with me for a minute please?”

 

I take hold of Papa Justin’s hand and he leads me to the study. I can see Nathan on the screen.

 

“Hi Gus!” He calls out to me. “I want to introduce you to a few friends of mine.” Papa Justin sits me on his lap and I wait. “This is Omid.” He picks up a kitten.

 

“Papa Justin! He has a kitten!” I cry and then he gets another one. “He has two! Can we introduce them to Rhubarb and Custard?!”

 

“We could but wouldn’t you like to see all four of them first?” Papa Justin is smiling.

 

“Four! He has four?!”

 

“Yes, so do you want to go to the store?” Daddy comes in smiling.

 

“When? Now?” I gasp.

 

“Well you need to get out of your PJs first but yes, today you can see them.” He answers. “Now come on you want to have a shower with me?”

 

“Oh yes please daddy!” I hop off Papa Justin’s lap and take daddy’s hand feeling so much better!

 

FRANC’S BUNGALOW

 

BATHROOM

 

MARKUS

 

I’m trying not to drool! She’s in a bikini and is trying to work out how to give me a wash.

 

“Okay according to these…” She waves instructions at me. “I have to wrap your cast in plastic and then crack on. Think the best thing is to do the wrapping first then you get in the shower…”

 

“Or as other people would describe it a small apartment.” I tease her. The shower takes up the entire side of one wall, as she kneels down to wrap my hip I will my boy to behave.

 

“Blame Justin, he gave me the idea.” She tells me carefully wrapping my cast. “I live in New York normally and this is rented out. There all set.” She gets me to test the water before helping me inside. “Hmm I think a chair is called for. One sec.” She comes back a few minutes later with a chair from outside and helps me to lower myself onto it.

 

As the water hits me, I sigh in pleasure but then comes the actual washing and I am thinking of everything except how good she’s making me feel and how great she looks in that bikini! When she sits on the floor and starts on my feet, I sigh again as she makes her way up my legs.

 

“Um, want me to do that bit?” She points at my groin.

 

“If you want to.”

 

She carefully cleans me up and although I twitch, I manage to keep quiet, as she moves up my stomach and gently cleans my ribs. “Did a number on you, didn’t he?” She murmurs as she avoids the bruises, I just nod. “Can you sit forward so I can do your back?”

 

When I lean back again she smiles down at me. “Want me to wash your hair?”

 

“I-uh yeah please.” It feels like heaven and I close my eyes as she washes it twice and then conditions it.

 

“Hey we’re done. You can open your eyes now. You’re all clean.”

 

“Thanks, that was great.”

 

She dries me off and helps me to the bedroom and I find that she’s got lotions and oils lined up and the bed is covered with a few towels. “Okay, time to slather.” She tells me as she helps me to lie down.

 

Ten minutes later, I can feel myself drifting off. “Don’t go to sleep yet. Do you want a drink first?”

 

“Hmmm, you.” My eyes fly open as she snorts with laughter. “So that a no then?” I chuckle.

 

“I think that’s a yes…” She swoops down to kiss me. “When does that come off?” She indicates the cast.

 

“Three weeks.” I sigh, looking down at the cast that covers my left leg from hip to knee.

 

“Let’s see if I can do something about that…” She purrs before reaching back and taking me in her hand. I give a surprised and slightly indignant squawk. “Is that Deacon speak for stop?”

 

“No, you just too-took me by surprise.” I pant and pull her back down to kiss her. “There will be reciprocation.” I groan.

 

“There’d better be.” She grins.

 

RED CAPE COMICS - AFTERNOON

 

NATHAN

 

Gus is sitting quietly as Vanda and Anisa investigate him. “They are so small.” He whispers as he strokes Anisa’s back. “Small enough for Ruby to play with.”

 

“Not quite. She has to be a bit older.” I smile as Omid decides that Gus is worthy of his attention and before long, all 4 of them are with him on the sofa purring happily.

 

The tranquillity of the room is soon broken when the door opens and Michael comes in.

 

“Gus!” He calls out in surprise. “How lovely to....ACHOOO!”  

 

Immediately, Omid hisses and that sets off Anisa. Michael backs away, glowering at me and sniffing. “What the hell are they doing here?!” He demands, pointing at the kittens.

 

“They are the kittens that Franc said I could get. So what can I get for you?”

 

“What do you mean what can you get for me?” Michael starts to scratch.

 

“I assume you want to buy something, so what is it?”

 

“Wait…” He scratches some more. “You mean she was serious? I-I’m fired?!”

 

“Yes, of course. Wasn’t the pink slip a clue? Are you okay? You’re going blotchy.”

 

“Gus, do you want…” Justin comes down and comes to a halt. “Michael, what the hell are you doing here?”

 

“I was coming to work, but she was serious.” He is now scratching like a baboon. “Dammit those fucking cats!” He snaps.

 

“Michael! Remember Gus!” Justin snaps and he actually rolls his eyes.

 

“He’s heard worse!” He gripes. “From his dad and most likely you too!”

 

“I’ve never heard Daddy or Papa Justin use that word.” Gus pipes up.

 

“Gus, can you go upstairs please?” Justin orders him.

 

“Gus, stay where you are! Who do you think you...ACHOO! ACHOO! ACHOO!”

 

“Papa Justin? What do I do?” Gus looks confused.

 

“Nathan, can you take Gus upstairs while I deal with this person?”

 

“Sure. Okay, Gus you take…”

 

“No leave them; they’re comfortable.” Justin smiles, not remotely sweetly at all.

 

JUSTIN

 

“How dare you speak in front of Gus like that?!” I snarl.

 

“Now just…”

 

“Get out! You now look as unpleasant on the outside as you are on the inside! And if you ever swear in front of my son like that again, you will regret it!”

 

Your son?” Lindsay interrupts smugly. “How ever did you work that out? The last time I checked, I gave birth to him and…”

 

“Signed over your…”

 

“Michael, what the hell is wrong with you?!” She cries, backing away.

 

“Cat allergy.” He sniffs and points at the sofa.

 

“Go to the doctors or something! Let me handle this.” She orders, holding open the door for him to leave before approaching me again. “Now as for you, I have…”

 

“Absolutely nothing to say I want to hear. So off you go too.” I tell her, marching to open the door just as Franc comes in and sighs.

 

“What are you doing here?” She picks up Omid, who glares at Lindsay quickly surmising she’s the source of the tension then spits at her. “Good boy, salmon for you.”

 

“Franc. I shall not cause you anymore upset…”

 

“Lindsay, you have not upset her, you’ve fucked her off! That’s totally different. Though I have to admit, I am wondering how you intend to wrest Ray away from Michael. I have seen his misguided tenaciousness and yours.”

 

“Wrest? I don’t…”

 

“Oh Lindsay, you do. Seems to me that to you, any cock will do.” She goes to speak but I hold up my hand and point at Franc. “She’s holding Omid. Unless you can’t tell, he’s Team Franc. And if you want to know about me, ask me and stop asking around. You’re about as discreet as the hives on Michael’s face.”

 

I had been concentrating on Lindsay and Michael so I hadn’t realised that at some point Brian had come in and was now looking at me with a funny expression.

 

“Oh, dear Justin...” Lindsay smirks as she goes to leave. “Judging by his expression, you’ve made a huge miscalculation. As I was saying, I don’t like you referring to my son as…”

 

“He’s his Papa Justin, therefore he’s his son. You signed away your rights so you have no children. Now do as you are told for once and go away!” Brian snaps.

 

BRIAN

 

Lindsay stares at me for a few seconds. “Brian, you know me better than anyone and…”

 

“He’s not bi. Ray, I mean.” Franc speaks up. “And Justin’s right, it will be fascinating to see how you attempt to take Ray off of Michael. You don’t have any influence. If you did, then Justin wouldn’t know you were asking about him. There’s an adage that good news travel fast but bad news travels quicker...and you are bad news. Now off you trot. But I do look forward to it…”

 

Lindsay is clearly rattled by Franc’s calmness. “To what?”

 

“The wedding and then of course, the married life with whomever he marries. Though I will point out one thing, if it’s you...then watching the ignorance is going to be so much fun because if there’s one thing you don’t like, it’s being ignored. As evidenced by you constantly hanging about like a bad smell, a cross between a bad fart and rancid cheese. Bye now.”

 

The door actually does hit her ass as she goes out but it doesn’t make me laugh. Justin is looking at me really oddly.

 

“Okay, so you two…” Franc points at us both. “Go away and talk about whatever the fuck that look is about and I’ll sort out what we discussed later, Justin.”

 

THE LOFT - 40 MINUTES LATER

 

KITCHEN

 

JUSTIN

 

“So you’re mad at me?” I ask Brian as he digs about in the fridge but doesn’t answer. “Brian?”

 

My son. That’s what you said.” He puts the melon on the island and starts chopping. “My son. Did you mean it? I’m making a fruit salad so can you get out the strawberries and the blueberries? I think there’s a mango in there too.”

 

“Yes.” I reply quietly as I take out what we need. “As much as Ruby…”

 

He cuts me off by pulling my head back and sliding a slice of melon over my lips. “Open please.”

 

I do as I’m bid and he pushes it softly into my mouth and he watches me eat. “What next?”

 

“Strawberries. I think we should take the blueberries for Gus since he really likes them.”

 

“Okay. What was Franc talking about? Hey feed me!” He protests as I pop strawberries in my mouth.

 

“Mlep yom slgthve.” I mumble round a strawberry. He lowers his head and sucks the strawberry out of my mouth, replacing it with his tongue and then his other arm comes round my waist.

 

The next thing I feel is him lifting me up, placing me on the island and pulling my top over my head. I tackle his shirt but my fingers are trembling. He solves the problem by ripping it open. The kissing is deep and passionate and I wrap my legs around his waist to bring him closer. Ten minutes later, we start to slow down and he lowers his head onto my shoulder.

 

“You okay?” I stroke the back of his head and he nods.

 

“No bed or sofa.” He laughs and I look around. “I got rid of it when we took the sofa home.”

 

“Oh I see.” I smile. “So you ruined your shirt for nothing.”

 

“I still have clothes here and you need a shower.”

 

“Why do I need a show...aaaahhhh!” I scream as he dumps the bowl of melon and strawberries over my head and then watch incredulously as he scrunches it into my hair and then rubs as much as it as he can all over every part he can reach! “What did you do that for?!”

 

He hauls me over his shoulder and marches to the bathroom. “Oh I get it!” I giggle. “Wait a second; go back!”

 

“Absolutely not! A last season D&G shirt is one thing. This season’s Armani jeans are another thing!”

 

“It’s only fair!” I object and try to wriggle out of his grasp. I’m surprised when he puts me on my feet and then his mouth crashes onto mine.

 

“Pants now!” He orders and we strip in seconds as he pulls me into the shower and turns me to face the wall. “Ready?”

 

“Yes. Now, please now!” I beg. Five minutes later, he’s deep inside me and we’re on our hands and knees in shower. “Mine!” I groan on every thrust and try to keep myself upright.

 

“Yours, only yours!” He roars before he explodes and I follow soon after. We slump down and for a few minutes, the water just rains down. As he pulls out, he cradles me into his arms. “That was fantastic. Can you stand?”

 

“Mmm.” I wrap myself around him, scooting up for a kiss. He stands up and I lower my legs, then scream the place down as cold water washes over me! “Seriously why?!” I splutter, trying to wriggle out of his grasp but he holds me under the water.

 

“So you will be nice and alert!” He guffaws.

 

“Brian! Stop! It’s too cold!” I whine and try to smack him but he just holds me tighter to him. “I hate you!”

 

“No, you don’t.” He turns the water to warm. “You love me. You love Gus. You love Ruby and I love you.”

 

I look up at him. “With everything I have.”

 

“Me too.”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thank you