- Text Size +

CHAPTER 39 - KNOCKING ON THE WRONG DOORS

 

OUTSIDE RAYMOND’S APARTMENT - MONDAY EVENING

 

MICHAEL

 

I try the doorbell and knocking but nobody comes. I decide to sit and wait but after 30 minutes, still nothing. When I came here the super wasn’t here; I wonder if he’s here now, so I head downstairs.

 

“Is the super back now?” I ask the receptionist, not liking the way he rolls his eyes.

 

“Yes, but he’s in a tenants meeting that’s not finishing for at least 15 minutes. Now that you are down here, you can wait in reception. There’s been complaints about a disruption on that floor.”

 

“But…”

 

“In reception sir, please.” He steps out from behind the desk and leads me back to the sofa and then stops at the lift.

 

I wait a few minutes until he leaves his desk and decide to go back up to Ray’s apartment. But when I get in the lift nothing happens. I press the button again and again nothing. Just as I’m about to get out a couple get in and they swipe their card in the reader. “Can you do that for floor 3 please? I left my key card in the apartment.”

 

“Oh, we’re going there too.”

 

I wait for them to go out making it look like I’m trying to call my flatmate. After five minutes, I head to Ray’s apartment and my stomach drops when the door opens and I’m surprised to see the people from the lift. “You’re flatmate not back?” The woman asks and I shake my head. “Let me call the super. Can you wait a second?”

 

“No, it’s okay. I’m just going to wait in the bar down the road instead. Thanks.”

 

“Oh but…” She tries to call me back but I ignore her and head to the stairs, fuming that Ray seems to have skipped out on me. As I make my way down the stairs, two guys come up...one of them is the receptionist.

 

“Sir, let’s get you out of this building never to return...understand?” I nod as the other guy walks behind me, making sure that turning back is not an option.

 

BRITIN

 

MASTER BEDROOM

 

BRIAN

 

He’s rutting against me. We’ve just got out of the bath so we’re both warm from that. “So what do you think F-Franc is up to?”

 

“No-not sure! B-but can we talk about that later…” I groan as our cocks rub together.

 

“Uh huh!” He pins my hands by the side of my head and latches onto my neck, licking at the sweat that has now gathered. “Oh Christ! You feel so-oh good!”

 

“Mmm, faster, please faster!” I whimper and pull his mouth back to mine. I swallow his mewls of pleasure and reach down to his ass and start to work my fingers in. Spreading his legs wider, his breathing hitches and he starts to move quicker. The only sounds are our panting and of our flesh meeting.

 

“Oh fuck!” He yelps and clamps down on my fingers before stiffening and bowing his back, shooting over my chest. It is the most erotic I’ve ever seen of him. His mouth is half open and his eyes flutter as he breathes through his orgasm and I groan as mine starts to slam through me. It feels like it’s coming up from my toes.

 

“Oh Justin! I…” He smashes his mouth against mine and I scream my release. After a few minutes, we start to come down. I try to withdraw my fingers but he shakes his head and clenches. “We need to have a shower?” I chuckle.

 

“Again you have to carry…keep your fingers there.” He mutters and I do as I’m bid.

 

VANGUARD ADVERTISING - WEDNESDAY MORNING

 

GARDNER’S OFFICE

 

GARDNER

 

I look incredulously at the statement. I jab the intercom and summon our accountant. “Explain this to me!” I wave the paper at him, finally allowing him to take it.

 

“I’m surprised that it’s so little.” He hands it back to me with a frown. “What’s the problem?”

 

“The problem is that the bill for this competition is almost two hundred thousand dollars!”

 

He leans back and actually smirks. “He could’ve spent a lot more. So I’d be thankful for small mercies.”

 

“Who could’ve?” I demand and there’s that damn smirk again!

 

“Brian Kinney...he won.”

 

“Kinney!” I explode and stand up, gathering my jacket. “He can fuck off! There is no way he’s not giving me that money back!”

 

“How do you propose to make him do that?”

 

“We’re businessmen and will come to an accommodation.” I snap and storm out, calling Kinnetic on the way.

 

KINNETIC - AN HOUR LATER

 

ELIZA, RECEPTIONIST

 

I’m currently blocking the advance of Michael Novotny. “I want to see him immediately!”

 

“And as we have already told you, you are banned from Kinnetic. So please remove yourself of your own free will or I shall have Rowan help you.” I tell him firmly and block him again as he tries to get passed me.

 

When Gardner Vance comes in with a face like thunder, I can’t believe it. Luckily, help comes in the form of Rowan, who Michael takes one look at then finally stalks out.

 

“Yes Mr Vance, how can I…”

 

“I want to see Kinney. I will wait!” He growls and takes a seat. I sigh and call Cynthia, who immediately comes out of the meeting.

 

“Vance, Brian will be with you shortly. He’s just wrapping up a meeting with Firefox. They’re signing, in case you were wondering.”

 

He goes a shade darker and glowers at Cynthia’s retreating back.

 

“Well gentlemen, I look forward to working with you, once of course, all legalities are resolved to the mutual satisfaction of all concerned. Tell me, did you go to anyone else before you came to us?”

 

“No. You’re the best so why waste time anywhere else?”

 

“My thoughts exactly.” Brian says as he shakes their hands and closes the door after them. He turns to Vance and the smile immediately falls from his face. “With me.” He orders and although Vance grimaces, he does follow him.

 

BRIAN’S OFFICE

 

GARDNER

 

I hate this man so much! I hate how much he’s achieved in such a short space of time.

 

“I…” The door opens and a dour faced man comes in.

 

“Gardner Vance, this is my lawyer, Richard Walsh. Richard Walsh, this is my former employer, Gardner Vance.”

 

“Not sure what you need a lawyer for…”

 

“My peace of mind.” He replies as the Walsh character takes a seat in the corner. “So what do you want?”

 

I hand over the statement and he looks at it before handing it back. “What about it?”

 

“You don’t think that it’s an extortionate amount for you to have spent?”

 

“Not for 8 people, no.” He’s got that fucking snarking smirk.

 

“Eight people?! The trip was for 2!”

 

“Which is why I paid for the suites for the extra guests. Would you like to see the receipts?”

 

“Yes. And an explanation as to how you won a competition that led to you suddenly acquiring Seabird as a client?”

 

“You would need to speak to a Mr Michael Novotny about that. I had nothing to do with it.”

 

“Bullshit!” I explode. “And I suppose it’s a coincidence that Francesca Charles-Prince has 32% of my company after you got their advertising contract?!”

 

“Yes, purely coincidental. If you had done your research, you’d have found out that she’s been acquiring your stock for the last four years, only getting the majority she needed in the last few months.”

 

I sit back in surprise. “Four years? Why?”

 

“Oh come now Vance, surely you’re not that obtuse. Like me, she doesn’t like you. And before you get all caught up, it was her cousin Ben who took my business card. So it had nothing to do with her. It was Veri, who approached me during the cruise. They are willing to provide signed affidavits to that effect.”

 

“I want you to pay this money back!” I demand.

 

“No. It was all expenses paid and trust me, it would’ve been a lot more if it was someone other than me. You know how us faggots get when we are given free reign.”

 

“Brian…” Richard cocks an eyebrow. “Goading.”

 

Again that snarking smirk, much like he did when I had to buy him out.

 

“But Franc will no longer be a problem for you, if all goes well.” He stands up and I get a bad feeling about this.

 

“She’s selling her shares. I’ve always wanted to buy some stocks, I may look into that. Now if you excuse me, I have McIntosh Pharmaceuticals to meet in half an hour and you know how much I like to prepare.”

 

“Brian, be reasonable.” I protest.

 

“I shall be as reasonable to you as you were to me. Now again, excuse me.”

 

I walk out of the building in bewilderment and immediately call my attorney.

 

OUTSIDE GUS’S SCHOOL - THURSDAY AFTERNOON

 

GUS

 

Papa is outside, I can’t help the smile on my face as I run to him. “Papa!” He picks me up and blows a raspberry on my neck like he always does. “Where’s daddy?” I look around.

 

“Well he’s meeting us at later but I thought you would like to walk to the diner with us.”

 

“Us?”

 

“Yes.” He’s got that sunshiny smile. “Us.” My teacher, Ms Lily, comes around the corner with Ruby’s pram. “Ruby! Ruby’s allowed out now?!”

 

“Yes she is. And since you are such a great big brother, we’ve got something you.” I can’t think what it is. “You see this platform. You can stand on that so you ride together. And guess who else is in there.”

 

“She can have her Leather Bear too?!” I gasp.

 

“Yes she can. Now come on, let’s go meet daddy.”

 

DINER - AN HOUR LATER

 

MICHAEL

 

I haven’t managed to see anybody for the last few days since the big announcement. I have been to ma’s house but her new tenants were in and said she was out. But she’s not here so I can’t think where she would be as she’s not picking up her phone either.

 

“Hi Kiki, where’s ma?” I ask, approaching the counter and look balefully at her when she rolls her eyes.

 

“She’s busy and…oh my God, she’s out and about?! How wonderful! May I see her?” Kiki squeals. At first, I don’t know what she’s talking about until I turn around and see Blond Ass with a pram and Gus. The diner goes quiet as Kiki starts to make her way around the counter.

 

“Excuse me Kiki, but I don’t think my nephew and niece need to be crowded over.”

 

“Well, as soon as you get a nephew and niece, you can dictate how they are treated.” Kiki tells me firmly. “Justin, can I take her out?”

 

“In the office, if you don’t mind.”

 

“Of course honey.” She wheels Ruby through before I can even see her and Gus is trotting after her.

 

“Gus, do you want a burger and fries?” Blond Ass calls out.

 

“Can he, at least, have an omelette?” Brian asks.

 

“Hey!” Blond Ass grins at him. “Guess who got the all clear to hit Liberty Avenue?”

 

“Really...office?” He asks and Blond Ass nods.

 

“Brian?” I call out to him but he continues to the office, without looking at me. I hear the first laugh and storm up to the door. But before I can begin to knock, I feel someone pulling on my ear and dragging me away. “Ow-ow-ow! What the hell?!”

 

“Know when you are not wanted!” Uncle Vic snaps as he pulls me outside. “Now listen to me, Michael. You have to understand why it’s not you so…”

 

“Because he’s been blindsided by that fucking assed twink…”

 

“Brian has been there for me always and that’s why I asked him. And after your behaviour, lack of remorse or the ability to take responsibility, I can’t say the same about you. So don’t be upset and just enjoy the day.”

 

I frown and stare at him. “Asked him what?”

 

“To give me away. I asked Brian to give me away and he said yes.”

 

“But I’m your blood relative!” I gasp. “You can’t do that to me!”

 

“You being blood doesn’t give you any rights; it’s my choice! Michael grow up, please. Deep down in there somewhere is a good man, who needs the love of a good man and that’s not Brian. He’s told you, everyone has told you but you didn’t want to listen. But let me tell you this, if you in any way, shape or form try to ruin my wedding, I will never forgive you!”

 

He storms back into the diner, leaving me there on the sidewalk with my mouth gaping open!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks