- Text Size +

CHAPTER 64 - HERO WORSHIP AND SPITTING FEATHERS

 

DEBS’ HOUSE

 

MICHAEL

 

I feel like I have been stabbed in the gut!  But I know Brian, so I just walk out clutching my still throbbing cheek.

 

“Michael!” Ma calls out before I have even got down the street. “Brian wants you!”

 

Oh I know that! And now Blonde Fucking Stupid Ass knows it too!

 

I turn around, making sure to keep the smile off my face but add tears. As I head back inside, Uncle Vic and Rodney look at me with contempt but I can deal with them later. I need to get back in Brian’s good books first.

 

Brian looks up at me. “Gus wanted us to say that you, Mr Michael, upset Rebecca when she was saying sorry to you.” He picks up a bag. I recognise it instantly and take it from his outstretched hand. “Gus also says thank you for the present, but he doesn’t like trucks. He never has and if you paid him an ounce of attention, you’d have known that. So if you want to buy him another present then that’s fine. But leave it with Debs, so one of us can either pick it up or she can drop it round when she’s next over for dinner.”

 

Now I feel like I have been stabbed in the heart!

 

“See? What did I tell you?! I have been incriminated over Gus! He’s as…”

 

“If you say spoilt, I swear to God!” Brian growls, actually growls, at me but I stand by what I said.

 

“Yes because…”

 

“Like recognises like!” Ma shouts at me. “Well, let me tell you something Michael Charles Asshat of the Fucking Year Novotny! He is not! I fucking repeat, he’s not spoilt and I should know! I’ve been spoiling, coddling, defending and shielding you for fucking years! And now it ends. Yes you are what I created, but that sweet hearted little boy is what Brian and Mel and now Justin and Leda created! But above all fucking else, he is my grandson! How dare...how dare you speak of him like this?!”

 

“I was just…”

 

“Vindicated? Not that you were or ever will be.” Rodney says.

 

“What?” I glare at him.

 

“Do you know what you are, Michael? Don’t bother to answer since I’ll have no problem disabusing you of whatever distorted notion of self-image you have weaved in your twisted little brain. You are a coward. You don’t have the guts to admit you’re wrong, you don’t have half the ownership that Gus has. I watched the video of you chained to that pathetic store of yours. Justin corrected Gus’s manners and you know what?  He acknowledged what he was doing was wrong! In all of this time, you’ve never done that. You’ve explained, you’ve justified but you’ve never ever said fucking sorry and you never will. Because you are kind of an arrogant asshat of a twat to think that you don’t have to because of the Brian and Mikey Show! Well, I have news for you... Brian and Justin don’t just love each other they like each other. And that’s one of the most important emotions you need in a relationship. You can love each other but once the love is gone, and trust me for you and Brian it is, and you no longer like each other, there is nothing left, not even friendship.”

 

“Brian likes me!” I shout.

 

“No! No I don’t!” He snaps. Although that hurt, I just stay quiet and wait. He takes a breath and again growls. “How is you still being here staying the fuck away from me?”

 

“Goodnight then.” I say in my small voice which usually gets him to back down. But this time, all he does is pinch the bridge of his nose and close his eyes.

 

“Go home Michael.” Ma orders and starts to push me towards the door.

 

“But Ma…”

 

“Home!” She repeats as I step out onto the porch and turn away with slumped shoulders. And then I hear it...the sigh of resignation! Time to turn up the waterworks full blast! “Michael…” I turn to face her with tears starting to flow. “Why couldn’t you just grow up and be a man? I’ve done many things and not all of them good. I’ve got to hold my hands up and say I made you what you are. But at the end of the day, you are a very clever person when you want to be. You thought up these schemes to get Brian where you wanted him, so there is nothing wrong with your brain. Why couldn’t you use your powers for good instead of selfish reasons? You had to know, you had to, that Brian wasn’t feeling that way. You say you know him and repeat his mantra daily: Brian doesn’t do anything he doesn’t want to do.

 

“He’s…”

 

“Never done you! And I think that’s why I stopped that long ago handjob. Not for you, but for Brian, because he would’ve been miserable with you! And I see that now. Justin makes him happy, I mean truly, wonderfully and completely happy and you don’t. You never have and you never will! Go home Michael and think about what we’ve said. It’s over! You’ve hurt him too much.”

 

As she steps back and closes the door, I head home in momentary defeat. The Brian Kinney just broke me look didn’t work like it usually did. If it had, she would have gone back in there and yelled at him for being so mean to me. So now I know that Ma and Uncle Vic will not help me bring Brian back to my side where he belongs. So that leaves me to have to go straight to the source of all my dreams. As I continue to walk, I plan and replot ways to get to Brian. There’s no question that come morning, he would have given orders to his employees, especially that interfering bitch Cynthia, to block all my access to him. So, I decide that I have to try to find another way for Brian to see reason; to see what I did came from a place of love and concern. I know he’ll realize just how much he owes me and take me back into the fold. But at this moment, I’m coming up empty. One thing is clear though...Ma was wrong. This is not over by a long shot.

 

BRITIN - AN HOUR LATER

 

MEL

 

I am trying to not look up at the driveway. “Will you relax? It is going to be fine.” Leda reassures me.

 

“But this is Michael; he’s been manipulating him for years. He knows exactly what to say, how to act…”

 

“And Brian now sees that and besides haven’t you forgotten about a certain feisty blonde who went with him?” She laughs. “Justin is a fierce defender of people he loves and he loves Brian.”

 

I am starting to feel a bit better when my phone rings. “Vance again! What part of we are not going to change our minds is he not getting?!” I take yet another breath and answer brusquely. “Mr Vance, you have called me five times today. The answer has not changed, nor will it. Do not call me…” I pause in my hectoring and listen. “Mr Vance, I am so happy that you can provide statements attesting to his behaviour. Do send the paperwork to my office within the hour.”

 

“Now what?” Leda sighs.

 

“He’s as dumb as a bag of rocks! Finally, they’re home!” I get up and rush to the door, calling Gus at the same time.

 

“Hello daddies!” Gus calls out coming to greet them followed by Custard and then Rhubarb. He clasps them both round their knees and bounces up and down with excitement. He is very proud of himself, and rightly so. “I have something for you! Come!” He grabs both their hands and pulls them towards the kitchen.

 

BRIAN

 

I am shattered but relieved that it is finally over. The Brian and Mikey Show is now closed on Broadway, the Avenue or any place he wants to try and fucking take it! As we come into the kitchen, I find myself looking at a slightly lopsided pie.

 

“Daddy, papa! Look! I made a five fice fuck pie all by myself!”

 

“Sorry, Gus you’ve made, made a what?” I start to snicker at the horrified expressions on Mel and Justin’s faces, while Leda giggles.

 

He grabs a piece of paper from the table and flaps it at me. “Sonny Boy, calm down.” I take it from him and then roar with laughter. “So this five spice duck pie, you made it did you?”

 

“Well mommy and momma helped with the cutting up, frying, the dough pasty but I did the rolling and pressing into the tin. You have to taste! Momma said the duck mix was luscious!”

 

Pastry.” I correct him and cut a slice of pie and chew slowly. “Oh my goodness Gus, this is divine! Seriously, taste this!” I order Justin and he takes a bite of my slice! “Hey from there not...Justin!” I glare at him as he takes another bite from mine leaving me with just the crust!

 

I vow to do something about that impish smile he has as he chews.

 

“Oh yes Gus, this is great! Well done!” He kisses him on the cheek.

 

“Did you speak to Mr Michael today?” Gus asks, getting some napkins.

 

“Yes. He won’t be coming here to see us again.” I reply and wait for his reaction.

 

“Oh…” He frowns and twists his mouth, as he always does when he’s worrying. “Be-because of what I asked you to say to him?”

 

“Absolutely not. Sit down Gus. I promise you that us saying what you wanted us to say had nothing to do with him no longer being my friend...wait let me finish. He hurt me and I can’t be his friend anymore because of that. Nothing to do with you. Okay?”

 

“You promise daddy?”

 

“I cross my heart and Leather Bear promise you.”

 

“Okay then. Can we have pie now?” He brightens up.

 

“Yes Gussie, we can have pie now.”

 

STUDY - TWO HOURS LATER

 

MEL

 

I am looking at the paperwork the idiot has sent to me and start to laugh, Brian needs to see this! I look at my watch and smile. It’s still Ruby Time, so it will have to wait.

 

My phone rings. “Melanie Marcus. Mr Reinhard, good evening, I take it you received our papers? Yes of course, I’m serious about it. You were going to go into this meeting...let me finish Mr Reinhard! You were setting him up for a fall, which would’ve caused immense reputational damage! Now excuse me, I have a child to tend to.”

 

Brian comes in with a smirk. “Reinhard left a couple of messages blubbering his apologies. What have you been up to?”

 

“Oh he’s not the only one!” I laugh. “Vance has provided detailed statements from his clients confirming your behaviour.”

 

“Could that cause a problem?” He looks pensive.

 

“No, he alluded to you and Rupert, this is inconsequential. Besides it was Ryder’s Agency then. And since he’s retained the clients, well up until recently, by keeping them he has condoned your behaviour. If he had such a problem, he should’ve dealt with you and that when he took over the agency.” I look at him carefully. “So Michael?”

 

“Done. Dusted. Over.” He replies sighing then clicks his tongue for Custard, who settles down on his favourite human.

 

“Think he’ll listen.”

 

“I promised him I was done. So he’d be stupid not to.”

 

“Promised!” I gasp. “Wow!”

 

“Mel, because of him we could’ve lost Gus if Kinnetic hadn’t taken off. The money he paid me wouldn’t have lasted long and we would certainly not have Ruby.” He smiles. “I can’t imagine that.”

 

“Me neither.”

 

MICHAEL’S APARTMENT - WEDNESDAY MID-MORNING

 

LOUNGE

 

MICHAEL

 

I have been trying to call Ma. I would’ve thought that she would’ve calmed down by now so I can get her to listen and explain my side of things. Maybe even get an idea from her on how to reach out to Brian. But it seems that other people have gotten there first! “Bet its Rodney dripping poison in her ear!” I seethe as Ma says, again that, she doesn't want to speak to me right now. But it’s better than it rolling to voicemail like Uncle Vic’s is!

 

She can't ignore me in the diner, because I won’t let her! I’m sure that's where she is. I could hear lots of background noise. But first, I am going to go to the mall to get the brat’s new present! What kind of kid doesn't like trucks?!

 

DAVID’S CONDO - LUNCHTIME

 

MANNY

 

Okay, I knew he was a nasty little man but when Emmett told me what he did to Brian, I was furious so made sure that Kiki knew all about it. She’s a force to be reckoned with, that Kiki! She will keep Debs strong in the face of the inevitable attempts to get back in her good books. What he doesn't understand is that he never had a chance with Brian! I know they say opposites attract but come on!

 

“Now you, you gorgeous thing are woefully underdressed for a puppy princess of your calibre.” I look down at Grace, who is curled up in her basket. “First thing we must do is to get you some suitable things. Let’s see what daddy says!” I stroke her silky ears and call David. “David its Manny, I am not taking no for an answer this is going to happen. So you get to decide colour…” I smile as he laughs at my firm tone. “I refuse to go down the clichéd pink route. What are your thoughts on purple? Good answer! Okay, leashes, collars and a couple of jackets? Friday’s dinner is going to...wait what would you like it to be and why? Oooh! You are telling me everything when you get in mister!”

 

I do a little happy dance as he and Andrew have their first date on Friday!

 

“Come on princess, time to shop!” I declare and she hops out of her basket and follows me wagging her tail.

 

KINNETIC

 

BRIAN’S OFFICE

 

JUSTIN

 

I stare balefully at my supposed fiancé, who doesn't seem to understand he should be feeling guilty right now.

 

“You took two big bites out of mine.” He repeats as if this should absolve him from hiding the remains of the pie!

 

“Again, where is the pie?” I demand. “I only got a slice of it!”

 

“You had two bites...big ones.” He smirks, then hits the intercom. “Ted, can you come to my office please.”

 

A few seconds later, Ted comes in, looking confused. “What can I do for you?”

 

“How was the pie?” He asks.

 

“Lovely, why?”

 

“I just wanted Justin to know that you loved the pie. You can go now.”

 

“Oh okay then.” He leaves looking as confused as he did when he came in.

 

“You gave Ted some of the pie?!” I am shocked.

 

“Justin…”

 

“I have a couple of bits of Gus’s mural to finish. I’ll see you later.” I mutter. “Then I will tear the place apart trying to find it!”

 

“It was one slice get over yourself!”

 

“What?”

 

“He had one slice. There’s plenty left.”

 

“Oh.” I take a breath. “I know I’m being irrational...”

 

“Do what you need to do to work this out of your system.” He clips out. “Now excuse me.”

 

My jaw drops at the coldness in his tone. “Brian?”

 

“You don’t want to disappoint Gus.” He replies shortly and with a heavy heart I leave his office.

 

BRIAN

 

Cyn and Ted are in within a few seconds of him leaving. “Fell for it?”

 

“Absolutely.” I grin.

 

“Have a nice evening!” Cyn laughs.

 

JUSTIN’S HOUSE - EVENING

 

LOUNGE

 

I can’t believe it! I just stare at Brian and the table he has set up. “What have…?”

 

“You like?” He smiles at me.

 

“But earlier…”

 

“Do you like it, Justin?”

 

“You were mad…” He kisses me gently. “And cold.”

 

“And acting.” He leads me away from the table. “Now, let’s get you cleaned up, dirty boy. You are dusty and covered in paint, though amazingly none in your hair.”

 

“Cleaned…” I stammer.

 

He takes my hand leads me upstairs to the bathroom and I gasp in surprise at the smell, it smells wonderful!

 

“Brian?” He leads me to the bath and again, I just take in the sight before me.

 

“Come here you gorgeous, no that’s not right, come here my gorgeous man.” He kisses me again and then slowly peels my clothes off. “Is it too hot?” I dip my hand in and it’s perfect so I shake my head. “Now get in, you have half an hour.” And keep your hair dry.”

 

I slide into the water and take in the scent of roses, sandalwood and chocolate. It is blissful.

 

Half an hour later on the dot, he comes in with a big fluffy towel. “Out you get.” He orders and proceeds to dry me off and then oil my skin. “Into these.” He hands me the set of PJs I never gave him back from the ship. “And then you come down. Be quick, I don’t want it to get cold.”

 

“Brian…” I call out but he’s gone.

 

I quickly get dressed and head downstairs and he greets me with a glass of Beam.

 

“Brian?”

 

“You’re my hero.” He smiles at me. His eyes shining.

 

“I’m your…”

 

“I was on the edge on Saturday and you were just so calm and supportive. And helped me see what I needed to see. And then yesterday, you were so fiercely protective, I-I have never had that. If it wasn’t for you, I would’ve caved.”

 

“That’s what you do when you’re protecting the man you love.” I burrow into his chest when he opens his arms. “What smells so good?”

 

“Five fice fuck pie and fries.” He chuckles. “For main, but first a light salad. Have a seat, dinner is about to be served.”

 

I am still reeling from his dismissiveness earlier so the Beam is inhaled quickly to calm my nerves.

 

“For you.” He puts down the plate. “Pea shoot, sugar snap, toasted sunflower seed and shallot salad.”

 

I take a bite and it is delicious! “Oh my God. Where did you find this recipe?”

 

“Internet.” He replies wiping his mouth. “Are you finished?”

 

I nod having fought hard not to lick the plate clean. As he heads back to the kitchen, I look round my lounge and laugh. He has set up a pedicure station, I head over to have a look at the colours he has chosen and blink back tears...they are the same colours as my tartan.

 

“Justin, come and eat while it’s hot.” He calls out and I rejoin him. It smells exquisite and my mouth is watering. “I’ve never made pie before, so the pastry might be a little tough.”

 

I watch him easily slice through his and wonder what the hell he’s worrying about but then I try mine and while I get through the lid my knife goes no further. “Problem?” He asks frowning.

 

“The filling is a little hard.” I admit and his face falls. “It feels um... frozen.”

 

“Frozen? Shit! Can you get through it at all?”

 

“Let me see here…” I smile winningly trying to hide my disappointment. As I lift the lid of the pie, I pause. “What’s this?”

 

“What?”

 

“There’s a box in my…” I stop when I read the name on the box. “C-Cartier?”

 

Silence.

 

I pull the box out and open it. In my head, I am saying something eloquent and on point. But judging by the smile on his face, I am speaking jibber-jabber!

 

“You like it?”

 

I nod.

 

“Juste un Clou, that’s the name of the ring.”

 

“Uh huh.” I watch him come around the table and take it out of the box and slide it onto my finger.

 

“Now, let me get your actual pie.” He goes to stand up but I stop him. “Justin?”

 

“We have to tell Gus. You can’t give me a ring and not tell Gus.”

 

“Oh thank God!” He lets out a breath. “I’ve come so close to blurting it out!”

 

“You too!” I giggle. “But at the weekend. We can at least keep it quiet till the weekend!”

 

“Yeah, he’s going to blurt it out the moment he sees his grandma. Now pie!”

 

An hour later, he’s starting to paint my toenails. “Brian, you need to take that off.”

 

He looks at my toes frowning. “What’s wrong with it?”

 

“Nothing, Okay it’s silly but you have a tartan, I have a tartan. So we can do one foot of each and then tell him.”

 

He looks thoughtful for a minute. “I love that idea. Okay, so let’s get this and your clothes off!”

 

Twenty minutes later, my mouth is kiss bruised, my nipples are hard and blissfully aching, my cock is in his mouth being ravished by his tongue, my hot spot is being slowly stroked and in my head I am saying I love you, I love you, please don’t stop!

 

“What the hell are you saying?!” Brian laughs from my crotch.

 

“I love you, I love you, please don’t stop!” I pant out relieved that he has actually stopped because I want to last.

 

“That…” He slides up my body. “Is not what I heard. I heard jibber-jabber.”

 

“Oh-oh!” I gasp as he slides into me.

 

“Yeah something like that but not quite.” He goes still and just looks into my eyes. “Clench please.” He whispers and I obey and then mewl when he thrusts. “Feels better this way than cowgirl?”

 

I can’t speak.

 

But ten clenching and thrusting minutes later, we are covered in feathers from the cushion that he ripped off my face because he could see I was almost suffocating myself biting it in an effort to keep the noise down! All because some silly fiancé forgot to close the damn window!

 

“Justin! Justin! Speak to me!” He shouts while spitting out feathers and trying to clean my face at the same time!

 

“Gon...na nail that win...window shut!” I gasp out.

 

“Or…” He hoots with laughter. “We could never do that position again.”

 

“Get the toolbox!” I manage to say between convulsive laughter. “And I’m gonna draw this in my book!”

 

“Without the feathers if you please!” He giggles.

 

Five minutes later we’ve stopped laughing and he gently withdraws. He helps me up and as we head upstairs to wash off the sweat, cum and feathers, all I can think of is I can’t wait to tell Gus that I get to be his papa forever!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks