- Text Size +

CHAPTER 73 - TIME TO FORGIVE AND TIME TO PARTY!

 

MICHAEL

 

Enjoy my evening! Enjoy my fucking evening! Is he kidding me with this shit?!

 

I just stare at the phone for a minute or so. I still don’t understand why they are still making such a big thing about this! Brian is where Brian is now partly because of my influence not interference, which should be seen as a good thing for fuck sake! Not something to turn me into an outcast!

 

I decide to call Ma to see if she can talk some sense into him! “Ma it’s me...can you please talk…but you don’t even know who I’m going to ask you to talk to! Uncle Vic said I can’t come tonight! What do you mean so what’s my point? I want to come that’s my point! So you’re not going to help me? That’s just not...Ma? Ma?!”

 

I can’t fucking believe it! She’s hung up on me and she still hasn’t asked why I was in London. And speaking of London, I haven’t heard from Ray in ages. My calls keep going to voicemail...oh wait a minute! I think I have his personal email somewhere, I’m sure of it. He needs to come and get Blonde Ass so that Brian and I can get back to being best friends and then lovers as we should be.

 

ANDREW’S HOUSE

 

ANDREW

 

LOUNGE

 

It’s officially our third date! And he’s staying overnight, well they both are. Grace and Grady are besotted with each other and are currently looking adorable in his basket. You can’t actually see where one dog starts and the other one finishes.

 

“Have you ever been to Woody’s?” He asks chuckling as Grady give a small snore.

 

“No, what’s it like?”

 

“Very interesting. There’s a pool table, which I am dreadful at…”

 

“Oh that makes two of us. If only there was a dart board, darts I’m good at.” He looks incredulous. “What?”

 

“I thought I was the only gay man who likes darts. I was the president of our club in Portland and left as champion! We have to have a match!” David beams.

 

“What are you going to do when you lose, for lose you will.” I tease.

 

“That's fighting talk! But, I’m willing to let you top if you win and I top if I win.”

 

I swallow hard. “Deal, let’s shake on it.” I put out my hand and he pulls me towards him.

 

“Oh we can do much better than that!” He whispers and possesses my mouth.

 

WOODY’S - AN HOUR LATER

 

VIC

 

I sigh as I see Michael coming in. Rodney finishes off his drink then starts to head in his direction. “No, it’s what he wants. Let him stay over there. He won't be stupid enough to approach us...arrogant enough yes, but definitely not stupid, not with Debs dressed as Bonnie from Bonnie & Clyde and that gun looks real enough!”

 

Rodney relaxes and is still amazed at the reception we got when we walked into Woody’s. It was packed to the rafters and when everyone cheered when we came in, I almost had a heart attack! Turns out that Debs had a word with the manager and he gave us a free night. I had no idea!

 

“Want me to get rid?” Marlon, one of the barmen asks.

 

“No, but can you call…” I begin, but then pause. “Look…”

 

“No.” Rodney says firmly. “If we keep backing down, he will keep being the way he is and not changing. He needs to change.”

 

“Let him stay. The bar is still partly open to the public; he can stay on that side.”

 

“Okay, will let the boys know.” Marlon heads to the two twink butlers, who have been checking off our special guests.

 

MICHAEL

 

After about twenty minutes of being ignored, I decide to go and speak to Uncle Vic but am stopped before I even get halfway across. “Your name won’t be down so you won’t get in. You’re not wanted so leave them alone to enjoy their evening.” A musclebound leather bear declares. I am about to say something when I look up and up and up...I retreat back to the bar.

 

I feel so hurt as I watch them have champagne, talk and laugh! And not one, not one of them, looks my way! I am about to leave when I see Franc’s parents arrive and join them. They are followed by David and his latest fuckbuddy! I signal for another drink and he takes his time to serve me! Don’t these people know who the fuck I am!

 

I inch down the bar so I can at least hear their conversations and I spot that Blond Ass is looking, passably attractive I suppose, in a twink-ish way.

 

“He is majorly pissed because he ripped the trousers on the way out. So he’s had to select another outfit and will be here soon.” Blond Ass is explaining to Veri.

 

“Cooee!” Emmett’s shrill tones jar on my ears. “Oh my darling Veri, you look exquisite! Now where are my girls?!”

 

“They are over there!” She laughs. “Oh my goodness, you came!” I roll my eyes at her affectation and go back to my drink trying to tune them out. After about 5 minutes, I realise it has gone quiet, very quiet so I turn around to see what has everyone is staring at.

 

JUSTIN

 

“Where? Have you been hiding that?!” I demand as Brian walks...no he is actually struts...towards me in wearing a leather blazer, leather pants and a silk shirt with a bow tie undone. He smirks at me and I glare at him. “You made me change!” I almost stomp my foot.

 

“So I take it, I will do?

 

“Do?! Do?! Are you...if you didn’t look so hot, I’d be pissed!” I growl. “Let me see it properly!”

 

“Come into the bathroom.” He tells me pulling me behind him. After checking each stall he locks the main door, pins me to it and then ravages my mouth. I am getting dizzy with pleasure and start to climb. I moan and whimper into his mouth as he kneads my ass and grinds up against me. We’re pulled out of our sexual utopia by hammering on the door.

 

“Come on Kinney! Some people actually want to piss not fuck in there!” A guy yells.

 

“You look so good.” I drop my head against his chest.

 

“Thanks.” He kisses my nose and unlocks the door. “Oh by the way, I had the car detailed so that it has blacked out windows.”

 

Of all the things he could come up with after that, this wasn’t what I was thinking of!

 

“Happy crapping and pissing boys!” He trills as he leads me back to the party.

 

“Why are you telling me about the car?” I ask as I wrap my arm round his waist under his jacket. The combination of his scent and leather are doing wonderful things to my cock!

 

“Because these pants undo at the back.” He whispers in my ear. I almost swallow my tongue! “And the car is parked two blocks away in a secl…”

 

“We’ll meet you in Babylon!” I shout and hustle him out!

 

CAR - 5 MINUTES LATER

 

BRIAN

 

“Let...Justin! Stop! Let me do it, you are cackhanded when you’re horny!” I laugh as he is frantically trying to undo his and my pants at the same time...he pauses.

 

“Did you just call me cockhanded?”

 

“No, cackhanded. It means to be…”

 

“Less talking more pants off!” He orders.

 

Ten minutes later, we’re screaming the car down as we come hard at the same time!

 

“So…” He pants against my neck. “Cackhanded?”

 

“To be…”

 

“Extremely clumsy when eager to do something. Like fuck the life out of my fiancé?”

 

“Yeah pretty much!” I snicker softly and then groan as he withdraws. We’re both startled when the window is knocked on.

 

“When you have the energy, drive to Babylon and freshen up before you join us!” Emmy Lou laughs.

 

“Seriously! Just how?” I gripe as I do up my pants. “Less laughing more driving!” I order.

 

BABYLON - AN HOUR LATER

 

RANDOLPH

 

Now this I am very worried about. It’s been a few weeks since she last saw him and she’s made it clear that being in the same room as him is going to be an issue! But he’s really trying and making an effort. He even apologised to Veri for being a shit stepson! But Franc is one of those people who does not forgive easily!

 

Rupert nods and I keep Franc focused on me but then she sees him. I made the rookie mistake of standing by a mirror.

 

“What the fuck is he doing here?”

 

“Please listen.” George pleads.

 

“Do you know what…?”

 

Listen.” He tells her firmly and nods at Raymond.

 

“This had better be fucking good!” She grumbles and then waits for him to join us.

 

“Sorry.” He says as he comes to a halt.

 

“You didn’t interrupt so why are you apologising?!” She snarks...yeah that is one angry little fireball!

 

“I am sorry to you. For the shit I put you through when our parents first met and ever since.”

 

“Are you high?” She demands.

 

“Franny. I am not...hey!”

 

We are all taken aback when Franc bursts into tears and runs away.

 

“What did you do?!” George demands.

 

“Called her Franny.” Markus looks at him hard. “If this is a shit show thing, I will make it look like an accident!” He snaps and stalks off.

 

“Explain!” I bark at his retreating back but he doesn’t return.

 

“Mr Charles, I can tell you what’s going on.”’ Reginald smiles at me with his eyes watering and I frown. “He wasn’t always an asshole to Freckle. When they first met up they were both unsure and trying to feel each other out. And he used to call her Franny. He stopped after you guys got married and…”

 

“Oh this is just ridiculous! Where is...wherever she’s gone?!” Vic barks.

 

“Over there but it’s the ladies room.” Reginald points out.

 

“I’ve been known to drag up a time or two. Girls with me. You too, Raymond!”

 

POWDER ROOM

 

FRANC

 

I can’t fucking believe he said that! Of all the fucking things to say to me he says that! I know he’s up to something but fucking what??!!

 

“Franc?!” Vic yells my name.

 

“Uh Vic, this is…”

 

“Our bachelor party, yes I know.” He smiles at me kindly. “Look, he’s here because Dorothy wants him here. Yes he’s been a major clusterfuck of a cunt to you and you’re still hurting. But...no wait...but he’s trying to make amends. Please just hear him out...hang on a second. Where are they?”

 

“What?” I try smiling winningly.

 

“Your knuckledusters. Where are they?” He tilts his head and smiles. “Me and my girls, we talk.”

 

“Sometimes a little too much!” I grouse as I take it out of my bra and hand it to him. He then hands it over to George, who nods at him.

 

“And the second set.” George smiles.

 

“Oh come on! I’m starting to feel emasculated here!” I bitch and hand it over from being clipped underneath my bra strap in the back.

 

“Darling girl, can you do this for one night? For me?” Grandpa pleads.

 

“Can you get him and Reginald?” I ask.

 

“Of course. And while I do that, you give Sophia the 3rd set.”

 

“Oh man!”

 

Two minutes later, Raymond comes in with Markus and Reginald.

 

“Talk.” I demand.

 

“I shouldn’t have said Franny; it was a cheap emotional shot.”

 

“See! He hasn’t…!”

 

“But I miss saying it!” He interrupts. “And I was so fucking jealous! And I still am! It’s so easy for you!”

 

“No it fucking isn’t!” I snap. “I just listen and learn!”

 

“I know that now.” He says quietly and sits on the counter. “They heaped praise after praise on you and I never heard a word like that to me…”

 

“Because you didn’t fucking…”

 

“Try. I know that now.” He reaches out and then pulls back, smirking.

 

“Four?! Francesca! You have four sets of knuckledusters!” Dad is laughing. “Give it over.”

 

“Trayi!” I seethe.

 

“Ou gen senk.” He replies.

 

I just blink at him.

 

“Mwen pwomèt ou mwen regrèt”

 

“Si ou pa mwen pral koupe boul ou koupe ak yon kiyè” I reply. “Okay enough of this. It is not our night. Let’s party!” I decree and walk out.

 

REGINALD

 

As Franc leaves, we all look at Raymond.

 

“What the hell was that?!” Rupert demands, but he's looking a bit green.

 

“He promised her he was sorry.” I explain and everyone turns to me. “And....she said that if he wasn’t, she would cut his balls off with a spoon.”

 

To a man, we all cover our balls!

 

“Wh...wow...what language was that?” Markus asks. Now he and she are ideally matched.

 

“Haitian Creole.” Raymond has regained some colour. “Can I give you a piece of advice?”

 

“You? Advice for me? Sure, why not?” Markus sneers.

 

“Learn Haitian Creole. She tends to speak that when seriously fucked off. Oh and a few choice words to look out for; bata means bastard, estipid means asshole and pral touye ou pandan ou dòmi means going to kill you while you sleep. But the best one is Bondye mwen renmen nonm sa a...now that one I’ve heard her mutter a couple of times….”

 

“And that means?” Randolph sighs.

 

“God, I love that man.” I translate and Markus looks stunned. “I’m half and half as they called me in school. My dad and mom met at the UN base in Haiti.”

 

“Uh guys!” Mel comes in. “OUT!”

 

OFFICE

 

BRIAN

 

When we were in the shower, it took everything not to pin him to the wall and fuck him into oblivion! One of the great pleasures of doing it raw is the spontaneity!

 

“Would you stop that?!” I laugh as I cream his beautiful butt.

 

“But it feels so good…” He groans. “Can we have a…”

 

“No, we have to show our faces!” I kiss the back of his neck. I am so glad that I had the room soundproofed and blacked out. I have a very naked Justin across my desk and the way he’s pushing his ass into my hands is making me reconsider!

 

“GUYS, OUT IN 20 MINUTES!” Debs bellows outside the door. “OR I COME IN AND GET YOU!”

 

Nineteen minutes later, we are downstairs!

 

MICHAEL - SAME TIME

 

I am a little buzzed it has to be said. All I have been hearing is about how great it is in Babylon, so I managed to sneak in and I am stunned! Raymond is here! I am doing a happy dance inside as he leans against the bar. Tonight of all nights is the night he chooses to move on with our plan! I am torn between approaching or just watching the show from the sidelines! I decide on the latter when I see Ma, storming towards the bar. I find a place to hide and smile! I can’t wait for this to play out!

 

RAYMOND

 

I feel sad that I took this long to pull my jealous head out of my ass, but I’m glad I did. Taking a big breath, I head towards them. “Can I talk to you for a minute?” I ask David and curtly, he nods. We step to a quieter part of the club. “I’m sorry. I was a shit to you and I’m sorry.” I wait for him to speak, he clearly wasn’t expecting to hear that.

 

“Yes, yes you were...but I didn’t help matters by letting you coast on it.” He waves the guy from the party over. “And the flowers were a bit much I have to admit.” He smiles and shakes his head. “Now, Andrew this is Raymond. He’s Franc’s st…”

 

Brother. I’m her brother. At least, I’m trying to be, for all it’s worth.” I put out my hand and after a beat, he shakes it. “You have a good man here. Even if he does go a little overboard with hydrangeas!” I chuckle at the memory.

 

“Oh God!” David blushes. “That was bad!”

 

“What did you do?!” Andrew gasps.

 

“Ordered 400 hydrangeas to be spread round the bedroom...” He admits sheepishly.

 

“That doesn’t sound so bad. I guess.”

 

“Just the petals not the flower as a whole.” I point out with a grin and Andrew goes pale.

 

“No. Just no! You are never to do that!” He looks so horrified.

 

“My cleaner almost quit!” I laugh aloud at the memory. “That room alone blew up her vacuum!”

 

MICHAEL

 

I have no idea why he’s talking to David and his fuckbuddy but I guess he knows what he’s doing!

 

BRIAN

 

I kiss the top of his head. He’s resting against my chest as the combination of sex, shower and skin creaming starts to get to him. “Justin, go lie down in the office for an hour. I’ll come and get you, okay?”

 

“N-no I’ll be…” He stifles a yawn. “Back in an hour.” He mumbles and heads upstairs. I catch the eye of Tyrone and he nods. Once the office door closes, he stands outside it. He’s a very, very wide receiver...no one is getting past him!

 

I look round the club and once again, Emmy has done us proud! He wanted to do this by himself as...and I still can’t believe it...Franc and her family are providing the location for the wedding. Vic and Rodney are dancing up a storm. Randolph and George are gently making out in a corner. And then I see him...Michael! I am about to head over when I feel a restraining hand on my arm. I turn around to see Raymond, smiling at me. What the fuck?!

 

“Good that’s the look I hoped you’d have. Make sure he can see you.” He speaks quickly.

 

“What are you…”

 

“Turn so he can see your face!” He hisses and there’s something in his tone that makes me comply. “Good...now keep that scowl on your face for a bit. It took a bad person and a few choice words from my dad to make me decide to be a good person. I am not messing with you. I am not here to do what he wants me to do. You two are another ideally matched couple…”

 

“Who’s the other two?” I am struggling to remain angry as I get a good vibe off of him. I’m in advertising; it’s my career to know how to read people.

 

“Fran...Franc and Markus.” He retorts.

 

“Yeah, they are. So what are we doing now?” I ask.

 

“You need to storm off.”

 

“Done.”

 

MICHAEL

 

Oh fuck! I can’t believe he is doing it this way. I have managed to get myself in a darkened corner and am watching things play out. I am one step closer to my dream life!

 

DEBS

 

Oh, I so want to go over there and kick ten pounds of shit outta my, and I use this term loosely, son!

 

“You, with me. Let’s dance!” Carl drags me onto the floor. “Leave him in the dark like a fungus. He can fester there!”

 

Two hours later, I feel I have dropped a hundred pounds. I’ve never had such a great time in my life! We did the electric slide...once the entire club had two practices….the boogaloo but when it came to popping and locking, I back out...not with these old bones!

 

I look across at Brian and Justin. They look so happy and then I wave at Ems. He scurries over.

 

“What’s up, Debs?”

 

“Wait... Vic and Rodney a word!” I order sternly and they come over. So of course, when it looks like a family meeting, everyone else joins us.

 

“What’s going on?” Vic demands.

 

“Okay, I don’t know why but I feel it is right.” I take a breath. “I think it should be a double wedding.”

 

“Oh my god, he asked you?!” Franc squeals.

 

“No...not me!” I laugh and she looks so disappointed. “I mean Brian and Justin.” We all turn to look at them. “You’re going to be there anyway. And Vic and Rodney won’t…”

 

“It would be an honour to share with you.” Rodney interrupts. “Please say yes?”

 

“Yes.” They say at the same time and then I watch the look of incredulity spread across Franc’s face.

 

“Oh fuck my life!” I breathe as she just stares at him.

 

“Ask him first.” She chokes out.

 

“Mr Rup...no wait...Mr Randolph Charles, Mr Rupert Charles Prince and...Raymond Charles Prince, may I have your permissions to marry your granddaughter, daughter and st...sister Franc Charles Prince?”

 

Randolph and Rupert burst into tears and Veri isn’t much better.

 

“On behalf of my grandfather, my father and my mother, I give you our wholehearted permission to marry Franc.” Raymond declares. “Shall we announce?”

 

“Of course. So Em…” Justin begins only to be interrupted by an exuberant Ems.

 

“Oooh, can I?! Pretty please, can I?!” Ems pleads.

 

“Yes, you can organise our wedding.” Brian smiles.

 

“Praise Jesus!” He squeals before turning to Franc. “So it just leaves you...what do you say?”

 

“No.” Franc declares. We all look at her in surprise and Ems looks like he’s going to cry.

 

“Because…” He stammers

 

“The Groomsman of Honour, will be doing much more important things...like picking my dress.”

 

“Groomsman of…” Ems burbles and then bursts into tears.

 

“Is that a yes?” Franc sniffs.

 

“Yes.” Ben answers as he holds up a weeping Ems.

 

“So mom...guess what you’re doing?” She grins tearfully.

 

“Oh no, I am not doing this alone! The Golden Girls and your father are helping too!”

 

I watch Raymond’s face fall in resignation.

 

“And the MC. He needs to know what’s happening.” Franc says before turning to the barman and ordering two bottles of champagne.

 

“Who the hell is the MC?” Rodney asks.

 

“Raymond.” She replies and that sets him off.

 

“So let me get this straight…” Ted begins. “There are going to be three weddings on the island, Ems is doing two and attending one is that correct?”

 

“Yep.” I reply grinning.

 

“Then go tell the world. You will anyway!” Brian laughs and I make my way to the stage.

 

“Everyone be quiet” I demand and the club goes quiet. “As you all know, we are here for half of the Golden Girls, Vic and Rodney, to celebrate their impending wedding. But after some gentle persuasion Brian and Justin, as well as Franc and Markus, are going to get married at the same time.” The club erupts and I wave them to into silence. “So what is going to happen is, because the wedding, I mean weddings, aren’t going to be in the States, we will have another party when they come back!”

 

MICHAEL

 

“Hi Michael.” Raymond comes to sit next to me.

 

“Hi, now where the hell have you been?!” I demand, having sobered up a bit.

 

“In London. Working.” He replies, leaning back and I lean back with him.

 

“So how is it going? I mean having heard those farcical announcements, what are our next steps?”

 

“I go back to London and when it’s time, I go to the weddings.”

 

I frown. “I don’t understand...”

 

“Of course, you don’t. You don’t see anything beyond yourself. Your wants! Your needs! It took a bad person...little hint that would be you...to make me strive to be a good one. The fact that you would do this to your best friend sickens me. You are everything that is wrong about being a son, a nephew, a friend and basically a human! You get so blinkered that you don’t take the hint.”

 

“What are you talking about?!” I demand, hotly.

 

“I have not replied to your numerous, texts, emails and calls. Doesn’t that tell you something?” He shakes his head when I don’t respond. “I am not going to do what you want me to do. I am trying to better my life, not become like you. Now, take this seriously, Franc does not like to be messed with and the Golden Girls…” He gives a small smile. “Only have four of her five knuckledusters and she is itching to use it on you. Go home and do what I did; re-evaluate your life, see what others see and become a better person!”

 

He stands up and pulls out his wallet. “I don’t want you to be out of pocket through what I have done, so here’s the $300 it took to clean the fish guts out of your apartment.”

 

He drops the money in my lap and walks away.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks