- Text Size +

JUSTIN

 

Times really were changing, my dad actually said he'd come to Ted’s wedding. Brian mentioned to him that we were all staying in Chicago for Ted’s wedding and if he wanted to come, there was an extra invite for him. I stayed out of this very strange kinship they found with each other, but only because Brian seemed to understand what my father was going through. Even Tucker started showing up and taking my Dad to his appointments. Brian thought that was bizarre, but really, he and my father talking to each other was something I never thought would happen either. Tucker said he did it for Molly and me, which just showed us that my mom picked an amazing husband.

 

Brandon decided he wanted to be married sooner than it would take to plan a bigger wedding, and had his first fight with Ted. Brian had to take Ted out back while Emmett and I had to calm Brandon down.

 

“I don’t need all the shit Emmett did to be happy.” Brandon complained.

 

“Why the rush?” Emmett asks.

 

“I want my future to start. I want the ring that says I'm part of the man I love. The rest doesn’t matter to me. Doesn't he see being married is all that matters, not where it happens?” He asks us.

 

“I understand, but Ted doesn’t want you to look back on it and wish you had done it differently.” Emmett tells him.

 

“Do you wish you and Brian had done it differently?” He asks me.

 

“I wouldn’t want us to have the problems we were having with Lindsay but no, I’m with you. I only wanted to marry the man I’ve loved since I was seventeen.” I tell him.

 

“I’ve never loved anyone, until Ted.” He tells us.

 

“Then we do it any way you want. I didn’t want you to feel like you had to give up something because we’d have to wait for it.” Ted tells him with Brian behind him, shaking his head.

 

“I’m going to barf at this love fest, so can we figure out when and where you two want to do this?” Brian tells them.

 

“Yeah Dad, barfing isn’t any fun.” Gus says and Hannah agrees.

 

The wedding was going to be in the backyard of their new house with Wendy helping Emmett get it together for them. They invited everyone at work, and Deb, Carl, and my family. Brian told me our part was diverting the meltdown, and the honeymoon.

 

Mel showed up at our house to see Gus, and Brian left me to deal with her, saying Theodore was going to pay for bringing problems into our house.

 

“Ted set me up with Brian’s twin.” She tells me.

 

“Leda only wishes she was me.” Brian yells, continuing to his office.

 

“Leda thinks she’s ready to settle down with me.” Mel tells me.

 

“Why don’t you believe her?” I ask.

 

“She was like Brian, partying, drugs, and rock and roll. She use to say the only way she’d stay in the burb’s was if she lost her mind. Now she acts like we can have both. I'm not ready, Katie doesn’t need my attention being on anyone but her.” She tells me.

 

“Katie has three parents who can give her what she needs, when one might need time for other things. It's something it took me a while to see, with Brian’s help; that my life couldn’t be only about Hannah. I know it was my way of avoiding getting in relationships to avoid rejection. We can't live with expecting every relationship to be like the last one.” I tell her.

 

“Your last one is the one you have now.” She pointed out.

 

“I don’t see it that way. Brian isn’t the same man he was. He doesn’t let the things that bothered him before be more important than what we have. You're letting the past blind you to the possibility that what we wanted when we were young isn’t always what we need in the future. Do what my mom practically shouted at me, figure out who she is now and see if there's a future with her, or let her go and find the person you see sharing everything with.” I tell her.

 

“I hate how even with all this time gone by, I still don't trust myself when it comes to the women I loved.” She tells me.

 

“Lindsay didn't know how to love anyone but herself. She only saw what she could get out of people. It fooled us all, because she was great at making you think what she did was because she loved you. She didn’t love, but saw pieces she could move to get what she wanted. You were someone who fulfilled a purpose in her game, and using your relationship with Lindsay to avoid others, means she won.” I tell her.

 

“It's not just Lindsay. I never felt like I was enough for Leda.” She admitted, as Brian came in, eating a brownie.

 

“It wasn’t you, just like it wasn’t Justin. I didn’t fuck other guys because Justin wasn’t enough. At the time it was because settling down sounded like becoming like my parents, so I ran from the idea with each trick that didn’t give what Justin did. For Justin, he never had to wonder what it was like with other people. I'm sure it was different for Leda, but in the end, for us, the things we did with other people weren’t because one of us was lacking.” He tells her.

 

“It's how I saw it.” I tell her.

 

“I felt like I should have been enough for the woman I love.” She tells us.

 

“I would think the fact that she showed up here when Ted found her in Texas, should tell you that. Now, can you go pester the idiot who wanted you to be happy? Justin has things he needs to do for me.” Brian tells her, walking out.

 

“Is it ever enough for you two?” She asked, when we all know what Brian wanted, since there was evidence his shirt didn’t hide.

 

“According to him, it’s never enough. Want to take the kids to the park or a movie?” I ask her.

 

“Sure, anything but have them asking why you two never leave the bedroom.” She smirks.

 

“Or the couch you're sitting on, the kitchen table, and hey, have we christened the downstairs closet yet?” Brian smirks when Mel runs from the room to get our impressionable children away from the perverts.

 

I headed to the bedroom as Brian kissed the kids and let Mel take them. I waited, but he didn’t come upstairs after they left, so I went back down naked to find him. He wasn’t in the hallway and so I checked the closet we christened when Brian dragged me in, to hide from the kids who were playing hide and seek, for his own game of hide and fuck. He was sitting in his office typing away.

 

“What a big boner you have.” He tells me, acting like he was busy.

 

“Better to fuck you with my dear.” I joke.

 

“Really? I was hoping you say choke me with.” He said, when I slid between him and the desk, and sat on it.

 

Brian leaned forward and licked the pearls of precum leaking from the tip of my cock, then sucked every inch of me into his mouth and ran his hands under me until he could tease my rim. Using his wet finger he slid in just the tip, before he pulled back and slid it all the way in, rubbing my prostate while licking and sucking every inch of my cock. I pushed the papers aside and laid back, putting my feet on the arm of his chair. I wanted him to have all the access he needed.

 

He added two more fingers, spreading me for what was to come. He continued sucking me until I couldn’t hold back and swallowed every drop, still sucking me until I was shaking. I laid there, almost too sensitive, when I felt the blunt tip of his cock demanding entrance. He pulled me to the edge of the desk as he thrust all the way in me. I was shaking because it was too much, but he didn’t let it stop him as he leaned over me to grip the end of the desk and thrust harder and faster into me. He licked my neck then put his lips to mine to use his tongue to mimic what his dick was doing to me. Neither of us cared about the noise when no one but us was there to hear. Brian kept going until I got hard again and used one hand to stroke me in time with his thrusts. I didn’t think I could do it, but then Brian knew what to do to get what he wanted from me, and when I came again, he stilled, spilling into the condom I didn’t even realize he was wearing.

 

“When did you put that on?” I ask him.

 

“When I went to get the brownie.” He smirks.

 

“I really have to learn to stop letting you think it’s a sure thing.” I tease.

 

“I think you should be more impressed that I stayed hard while talking all that bleeding heart shit to Mel.” He tells me, pulling out.

 

“I refuse to feed your already inflated ego.” I tell him, kissing him and deciding we have time for a few more rounds. “I don’t think we’ve christened the garage.” I tell him, walking quickly towards it.

 

EMMETT

 

I honestly wanted to leave the fool to kill himself, but he was once a friend that Charles liked. I couldn’t judge Charles when I felt the same way about Michael. Of course, Michael hadn’t made it to a falling down drunk who wrecked his car because the man he wanted didn’t want him. Michael and Miles at least have jail in common. I really didn’t see the point in bailing him out, but Charles told me that Miles wasn’t getting off, but being given a chance to clean himself up and get on with his life. We were led to the room he was stinking up, and found him with his head on the table.

 

“Miles, it’s time to stop this.” Charles told him.

 

“Why? It’s not like anything I want ever happens.” He tells Charles.

 

“You couldn’t be happy with someone who loved you. Travis tried, but you wanted him to be someone he couldn’t be. I couldn’t, and neither could Justin. All you’re doing is making it harder to see Trina by continuing not to accept that the men you wanted didn’t want you.” Charles tells him, confusing me.

 

“We could have been perfect, but you constantly wanted anyone but me. Justin didn’t even notice me.” He tells Charles, clearing up something I never knew.

 

“Just like Justin, you could never be what I wanted. I wasn’t going to pretend with you just to make you happy. I told you that when you tried to convince me years ago. Justin told you that multiple times, but it was falling on deaf ears. I want to give you a chance to clean up your life and still be allowed to see Trina, but it’s up to you if I help you one more time. I think it would be good for you to stay with your sister and find a way to stop wanting things that you can’t have. Getting drunk and getting behind the wheel could have killed someone who didn’t deserve it, because you can’t see what your doing to yourself.” He tells him.

 

“Why can’t I stay here?” He asks.

 

“To watch Emmett and I be happy? Or have to see Brian and Justin’s life? Why would you think watching life while it passes you by would be a good thing? You can get help and find a life where you could be happy. Staying here only means losing what little relationship you have left with Trina, the person who should mean more to you. Trina needs you to stop treating your life like it doesn’t include her.”  Charles tells him.

 

“Why are you here if you didn’t care?” He asks Charles.

 

“At one time you were my friend, and I stand by the people in my life, but I won’t let it interfere with my marriage or future. I came because right now you don’t have anyone who is willing to help you.” He tells Miles.

 

Miles agreed to go to his sister’s and see the counselor she and Charles scheduled him to see. I walked out, wondering how I missed Miles loving Charles.

 

“It was long before we met, and when he married Travis I assumed he’d gotten over it.” Charles tells me in the car.

 

“It’s just, after meeting Travis and knowing you and Justin, it’s like he didn’t know what he wanted. None of you have anything in common.” I tell him.

 

“Miles wanted anyone he thought would want him. He spent his life with men dropping to their knees to be with him, and then found out he was big fish in small pond in the small town he came from. He moved here to work for me and was no longer the guy who could get anyone. He couldn’t get my attention and then fought to get Travis’s, but when Travis gave in and married him, he no longer wanted what he could have and Travis got out when it became obvious. Then he meets Justin, who was still in love with Brian, and Miles saw another person who didn’t notice him. Miles confused the lack of attention as us wanting him to shove himself in our lives. I wouldn’t have helped him, but Trina needs a father, not the headstone Miles was headed for.” He tells me.

 

“I’ve never understood wanting someone who couldn’t love you. I watch Michael and Lindsay, trying to figure out what made them continue to believe they could do something that would change how Brian felt about them. They lost everything because they couldn’t see that Brian gave them the only thing he could, friendship.” I tell him.

 

“Emmett, we always want things that we can’t have.” He tells me.

 

 

“I got what I wanted.” I tell him, kissing him as we arrived home.