- Text Size +

CHAPTER 41 - RESTRAINT, REVELATIONS, REVIEWS AND RAGING

 

BRIAN

 

As we make our way back to our room hand in hand, we still can’t quite believe it. “So how the hell are we going to get through two days sex free?! I mean lookit!” I point at my crotch.

 

“We need to google that, it can’t be right.” He whines and I laugh. “What's so funny?”

 

“Now Crumpled Junior, you're overreacting. It's just two days and then things will return to normal. You know this.”

 

He has stopped walking and is looking at me with such horrified fascination that I chuckle. “That is pitch perfect! How long have you been able to do an impression of Lind...Cinders?!”

 

“A few years.” I tug him along. “But have only just perfected it, having listened to her numerous voicemails.” I loop my arm across his shoulders and he sticks his hand in my back pocket. “Now Justin, you know you shouldn't be doing that…”

 

“Please stop.” He laughs. “My balls are starting to shrivel.”

 

“We can't have that.” I say in my normal voice as I open our door. “Shall we get the others and go for a walk?”

 

BRITIN - SUNDAY EVENING

 

HUNTER

 

I can’t believe it! Oh, who am I kidding? I can believe it! I head towards the condescending bitch that is Lindsay.

 

“What do you want?” I demand, locking the door behind me. “And before you speak, do you want to go two for two on the lying front?”

 

“Hunter...” She pauses as I lean against the door. “I made a mistake on the day that Mel and I were going to meet.”

 

“So why are you here? Justin doesn’t want you here and has made that abundantly clear. So you need to leave and now. My work here is done.”

 

“Hunter, as we all know, Gus is getting a room here; I would like to look at it. And, as his goddaughter Gummy will have a room too I presume, Michael would like me to see that. So if you could…”

 

“No and no.” I reply. “Not unless either Brian or Justin is here and they’re not.”

 

“It will be a quick look.” She wheedles and comes towards me. “Come on...literally five minutes. What could it hurt?”

 

“Again no. Now leave Lindsay.” I watch her gears shift as she tries a different approach.

 

“Hunter. It is only five minutes! A short time now could impact on a longer time later…”

 

“Meaning?” I frown.

 

“Well you’ll soon be in CG and despite my short time there, I have the ear of several people. I can make things easier or harder for you…”

 

“Whose ear do you have?” I decide to play along.

 

“Well for a start the Head of Culinary Arts...Tucker. He and I…”

 

“You really don’t focus on anything or anyone else when Brian and your stage child Justin are in the room, do you?”

 

“Meaning?” She affects boredom.

 

“When we went to the dinner and Emmy was sorting out the seating plan, Jennifer and Tucker, sorry Mr Thompson, were not sat opposite each other for aesthetic purposes. They were sat like that because they are dating and have been for the last couple of months. The only people that were stand-ins were you two. Anyone else you’d like to mention?” She blinks at me for a few seconds. “And don’t say Millicent since she’s not a fan of yours either. I may not have started yet but my dad works there, remember? And of course I’ve met Ginny...”

 

“Listen to me, you little…”

 

“What? What is it you’re about to call my son, Lindsay?” Dad asks, coming out of the shadows.

 

“Ben...surely as a parent, you can understand my desire to see where my son is going to be staying?”

 

“Once a month, if that. He will be staying with his mother for the majority of the time. Now, as Hunter has said before, leave and come back when you are invited, which by all accounts will be never.”

 

“You two have no idea...!” She huffs before going on her tirade. “I am Gus’s mother! I have every intention of living with him wherever he is!”

 

“Don’t Mel or Brian have a say?” I scoff.

 

“Mel?!” She barks a laugh. “She can’t function long term without me and will come crawling back! And as for Brian, he will... let me emphasise this... will come to his senses! And once he realises I’m right and sends Justin where he belongs! We will manage his career from here! I fucking deserve this after all I have been through!”

 

Dad and I just stare at each other incredulous. “And what about Michael? Doesn’t he figure in your plans as your bestie?” I ask.

 

“Michael…” She blinks again. “He, of course will be with us...well he will be eventually. Now excuse me, I have to go.”

 

We watch her walk up the drive and wait for her to leave in a cab.

 

“We need to speak to Mel!” I tell him and he nods. “That woman is unhinged!”

 

RUTH’S DOCTOR’S OFFICE, TUESDAY MORNING

 

ARNO

 

I can’t help but smile at their struggle. They are actually sitting at opposite ends of the room and had to stay in separate rooms last night as the temptation was just too much. So Justin was with us, but we all had to rush to bathroom when there was a blood curdling scream....

 

Start of flashback

RUTH AND ARNO’S BATHROOM

 

Brian and I run inside and find Justin standing in the shower with his mouth open in shock and tears starting to come down his face.

 

“Justin! What the fuck is wrong?” Brian yells.

 

“Tur-turn it off!” He screams and is actually going blue in one particular area of his body.

 

Brian switches the shower off at the mains and Justin crumples to the floor, whimpering. He gets in and pulls his shivering husband out and into his arms. I am struggling not to laugh and hand him a towel.

 

“Justin, I am so sorry! It’s entirely my fault. Ruth and I agreed to abstain in solidarity with you guys. And, well you’ve seen her. So I set that shower jet to cold and didn’t think to switch it back…”

 

“I can’t feel my penis...i-is it still there?!”  He whimpers as his teeth chatters.

 

I can hardly keep a straight face but I feel for the guy. Ruth’s shower has jets all around it so you are hit from every side...and it seems he got hit hard!

 

“Yes…” Brian checks and I can see him starting to struggle not to laugh as he rubs him firmly with the towel to warm him up.

 

“Br-Brian, it’s n-not f-fun-ny! H-hail-hailstones the si-size of bo-boulders sl-slammed in-into balls. Why Arno?!”

 

“Brandy!” Ruth yells from outside the door and sticks an arm in then walks away roaring with laughter. This, of course, sets us off. Finally, Brian stops laughing and he opens the towel to check again.

 

“Colour’s coming back to my favourite toy. How does it feel?” He chuckles.

 

“A bit better.” He replies then looks at me. “Seriously, it was so fucking cold!”

 

“She’s fantastic in bed. Last position was the reverse cowgirl with my knees slightly up. While I just get to feel what it’s like...I think that you being able to see…”

 

“Shut up Arno!” They both shout.

End of flashback

 

“Hi Ruth, how you doing?” The doctor comes out and kisses her on her cheek. “So shall we start?” She nods and stands up before turning to me and holding out her hand.

 

An hour later, the doctor is smiling. “Okay, let’s get the sample.”

 

BRIAN

 

Justin is trembling as we follow the nurse down the corridor. “Stop it, it will be fine.” I whisper.

 

“How can you be so calm?” He whispers back.

 

“Here we are.” She smiles at us and opens the door. “I understand it’s a combo sample, but we need them separate for now. I’ll leave you to it.”

 

We wait for her to go and I pull him into my arms. “I’m as scared as fuck.”

 

The kiss starts off gently but soon enough we are tongue fucking and grinding. He is pulling at my hair. “What? I haven’t kissed you for two fucking days! What could you possibly want to say now?”

 

“Tub!” He gasps, pulling at his pants and my cock starts to twitch. “Quick!”

 

Fifteen seconds later, he is leaning against me giggling. “Oh that is the sexiest...tub!” I growl.

 

Ten minutes later, we are kissing lazily. “Should we get another couple of tubs? Because I don’t know about you, but I could go again.” He nods and pads to the door with his pants round by his knees and calls the nurse. She leaves chortling.

 

“What’s so funny?” I have a feeling I know the answer.

 

“I asked for a few tubs.”

 

“Twat.” I laugh and pin him against the wall and start to kiss the fuck out of him!

 

MEL’S OFFICE - SAME TIME

 

MEL

 

I look at the video again and take a breath. “How long until the place is finished?”

 

“Another six to eight weeks.” Hunter replies. “Does she sound unhinged to you?”

 

“No. Sadly, this is Lindsay being entitled and determined. So let us play her and her acolyte at their own game.”

 

“But…”

 

“No Hunter, I think I get what Mel is saying.” Ben reassures him. “I don’t think Lindsay has realised what she said.”

 

“Exactly! She’s so wrapped up in what she wants and how to get it that she doesn’t realise how much she gives away when she gets frustrated.” I laugh bitterly. “However, I shall process the orders for after the ceremonies.”

 

“Shall we tell Brian and Justin?” Hunter asks.

 

“No, she’s not a danger to them. She needs them for her aspirational life. And although he’s Gummy’s father, I have absolutely no sympathy for Michael and the shitstorm she is going to create for him to get him gone.” I sit back and think for a bit. “You have ruined Michael’s life, do you realise that Ben?”

 

“Are you kidding me? How?” Hunter demands, ever protective of his dad.

 

“Calm yourself Hunner. He pointed out the loophole in her plan. In all of this, she still not figured what to do about Michael, who’s idiotic enough to still think she’s helping him to get Brian. She needs Brian and Justin for what she wants. Justin for the art world and Brian for everything else. She doesn’t need Michael at all.”

 

“Turnaround is fair play.” Hunter snickers.

 

CARNEGIE MELLON - THURSDAY AFTERNOON

 

STAFF ROOM

 

LINDSAY

 

He’s still not fucking back! And Brian hasn’t returned my calls either! As I go to call Justin again, both Cassia and Ginny come in.

 

“So on a scale of one to excellent, where was it?!” Ginny is almost squealing like a virgin at a goddamn orgy!

 

“It was brilliant! We ended up in a club when we dropped the kiddies off.”

 

“A club?” Bernhard demands. “Where?”

 

“Greenwich Village somewhere. Mel and Ruth were partying up a storm.”

 

Was she indeed?

 

Before I can say anything Millicent and Malia come in with a bunch of newspapers. Since I have been told in no uncertain terms to stay away from Justin’s so-called-at-the-moment-career, I haven’t mentioned his name but I know the reviews for the show are in today’s paper.

 

“Okay gimme!” Bernhard demands, snatching a paper. “Okay, I have the New York Times.” He flicks through the papers and I itch to rip it out of his hands to turn to exactly where I know it is! “Okay, blah-blah-blah...great, wonderful show, compelling pieces etc-etc and so forth okay, here it is! When asked who helped him achieve what he wanted, Justin Taylor-Kinney smiled. ‘In my art, I couldn’t have done anything without Sidney Bloom, who believed in me. But in getting me what I truly wanted, it was Ruth, my husband’s best friend.’”

 

I listen aghast as article after article mentions everyone but me. Each article they maliciously read out is like a stab to my gut but it’s when they quote Brian that I almost lose it! His casual dismissal of his past as just that his past and saying that he wants to be with Justin, and only Justin, has the bile rising to my throat.

 

“So where is the man of the moment?” I ask as sweetly as I can.

 

“Still in New York.” Cassia replies casually. “Think he’s back in the Pitts on Friday and then back in here on Monday.”

 

“Are you sure he should be taking so much time off, Cassia? He’s your assistant after all…”

 

“Lindsay, the thin ice you are treading on is starting to crack. I do not need or want your opinion on staff issues.” Millicent states firmly but, for once, only loud enough for me to hear.

 

“Are you guys still coming on Sunday?” Ben asks. I hadn’t seen or heard Ben come in.

 

“Yes, absolutely! Looking forward to it.” Ginny nods as does Cassia.

 

Well at least this Sunday, I won’t have to deal with his sanctimonious ass!

 

DEBS AND CARL’S HOUSE - SUNDAY AFTERNOON

 

LOUNGE

 

DEBS

 

I can’t help the blubbering! Brian and Justin have brought in an enormous bunch of flowers, some more of our favourite baklava and another set of onesies each.

 

“For heaven sake, Ma! It’s just flowers, sweets and pyjamas; it’s not like they’ve given you a kidney!” Michael bitches.

 

“Do feel free to leave if my tears of happiness offend you!” I sniffle.

 

“Sorry we were a bit late, but something else came up.” Justin beams and then shifts.

 

Oh I bet he did!

 

For the next hour, we just chat as usual. Gus and Gummy are with Jennifer and Tucker. Ruth and Emmy have put together some nibbles and they are cooking. The smell of the mutton curry is just gorgeous! Ruth is in charge of that. I’ve never cooked that before so I am anchored to her as her sous chef. She made it mild but also a pepper relish to sprinkle on top…and as usual Justin came in and took a couple of pieces to share with Brian.

 

They are so at peace with each other…as it should be.

 

“So how long are we waiting for, Ma?!” Michael calls out.

 

“Until everyone is here!” I hear Carl snap at him. Now that I have got my ass in gear, Carl is taking free reign on the slapping down!

 

The doorbell ringing has me heading to open it. “Ben and friend! Come in! Grab a spare chair and introduce them to the family!” I head back to the kitchen to make more notes.

 

LINDSAY

 

What the fuck is Ginny doing here?!

 

“Michael!” I hiss in his ear. “That’s Ginny. She’s doing the…”

 

He springs up from his seat. “How fucking dare you bring her here, Ben?!” His bellowing has two effects 1) the house goes quiet and 2) everyone is in the lounge…

 

“Oh for heaven sake, get a grip you overdeveloped midget!” Ginny barks back. “Nobody but nobody read Rage for the dialogue as you, and I say this loosely, wrote it. They read it for Rage and JT getting it on! Now, I do not want to hear another word from you about this! I am doing the dialogue and that’s it. But let me give you a heads up in case you decide to read it in the future...art is going to imitate life because Zephyr will be gone and at the hands or should that be claws of IceTina!”

 

“Overdeveloped midget? Oh sweetie you and I are going to get on just fine. I am Emmett! Let me intro you to everyone else!”

 

For the next 20 minutes, Michael and I seethe as she is welcomed into the family like an all-conquering heroine, instead of the snake that she is!

 

“Dinner is ready!” Debs bellows and we all troop to the table. As loathe as I am to admit it the food is delicious.

 

“Oh this is great, Ruth! Can you give me the recipe for it?” Justin asks. Michael and I just roll our eyes at each other. “Wait. Is it the same spices for the chicken curry that Gus loves?”

 

“Pretty much. Just dial it back so it doesn’t overpower and you’re good to go.”

 

“How do you reckon its going?” Ginny asks Ben, he smiles and shrugs.

 

“Great. Hang on, what is going?” Justin looks at Ben and Ginny. “You’re kidding?!”

 

“Nope. It is happening as we speak.” Ginny laughs.

 

“What is happening?” I demand, sick and tired of this cloak and dagger bullshit.

 

“Mel and Cassia are on a date.” Ben replies.

 

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING WITH ME?!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.