- Text Size +

CHAPTER 45 - SURPRISES...SOME BAD AND SOME GOOD

 

THE LOFT - SUNDAY LUNCHTIME, TWO WEEKS LATER

 

BRIAN

 

I am indulging him by keeping my eyes tightly closed as he leads me out of the loft and we seem to be going up.

 

“Are we there yet?” I whine and smirk as he stops. I can feel him glaring...and waiting. “Sorry.”

 

He snorts and continues to lead me where he wants. “A few stairs up.”

 

I stop. “Walk up them properly, not backwards.” I order. “Please Justin, I promise to keep them closed or just look at your feet, you stubborn twat.” I feel him press against me and kiss me under my chin before nipping me softly. I sigh in relief as I feel him swap hands and I know he’s doing as I asked.

 

“Okay stop, take two steps to your...left.” I have to smile as he always has to think which hand is it. “Shut up.” He grouses. “Feel down and sit.”

 

I feel around and connect with a chair of some sort and cautiously feel my way round until I find the seat and lower myself in. “Comfy. Okay can I open my eyes now?” I feel his breath on the back of my neck as he plants a kiss and starts to move me into the position he wants. When he lifts my legs up and puts them on something, I frown. “Seriously where are we?”

 

“Not in Altoona. Okay. Open.”

 

Slowly I do so and he’s still behind me but radiating nerves. He has no need to be nervous...this is incredible! We have a roof garden...no oasis! The chair I am sitting in is covered in distressed leather in chocolate brown and is part of a sofa set that stretches almost from one side of the roof to the other. In one corner is a fire pit. Next to that is a bar area and in front of the sofa is a huge low oak table and on the sofa are big fat cushions in a mix of blue, brown and green swirls. It isn't until I look at one closely, that I realise it’s one of his abstracts from my office. The one opposite my desk...my favourite.

 

“Well?”

 

“Stop hand wringing and come here.” I look up at him and he clambers over the sofa to sit in my lap. “When did you do this?”

 

“Do you like it?”

 

“No, I love it.” He breaks into my Sunshine smile. “Is this real leather?” I ask, adjusting him slightly in my lap.

 

He grins wolfishly. “No, want to distress it some more?” I nod. “Or we could test the swing day bed…”

 

My eyes light up and I look where he’s pointing. It looks like a pergola but with curtains all the way round. I pick him up and drop him inside. I walk round it testing the sturdiness of it. Then watch what he’s doing. He's taking his clothes off. Slowly...the curtains are gossamer thin and I forget everything as he undulates and sways as he gets naked. My mouth goes dry and my cock starts to leak.

 

“Stud...come to me.” He purrs and laughs as in my haste, I tear through the back curtain instead of running round to the front!

 

An hour later, he is drooling in his sleep on my chest but I am feeling energised! Slowly shifting him off me, I wait for him to settle back down and cast an eye over our outdoor space. It’s when I have moved the corner sofa for the third time I hear him chuckle. “I knew you wouldn't be able to resist! Let me get my pants back on…”

 

“Oh no. Let me take mine off. Naked furniture moving suddenly appeals to me…”

 

RUTH’S CONDO - SAME TIME

 

LOUNGE

 

ARNO

 

I help her sit down and get her more tissues. We’ve just come back from the doctors and we still can’t believe it. She is definitely pregnant!

 

“What are we going to do?” I ask quietly. “You can’t not tell them for two months.”

 

“I’m not telling them, Arno.” She gets that stubborn set to her jaw that means she’s not backing down no matter what.

 

“Ruth. I know what you agreed to but it’s…”

 

You are telling them. When and how you do that is entirely up to you.” She grins at me “Every step of the way goddaddy.

 

I wipe my nose on my sleeve and she shudders then runs to the bathroom!

 

MICHAEL AND LINDSAY’S APARTMENT - TUESDAY AFTERNOON

 

MICHAEL

 

I haven’t seen Lindsay for two weeks! She came home on Friday evening, said she was going to visit some friends and after packing, was gone! I haven’t been wasting my time though. Although, it has been frustrating! For someone who loves to gossip, Emmett has remained stubbornly tight lipped over what he’s doing for their wedding. But yet he can’t stop talking the plans for the blessing ceremony...as if I want to hear about that farce!

 

I hear her key in the door and voices...hers and someone else’s. A man. I head to the hallway and come to a halt as Lindsay and some guy are kissing!

 

“You’re back and now into cock, I see.” I snipe sarcastically.

 

“Michael!” She bats the guy’s hands away. “This is Sam. Sam, this is Michael.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Michael. So where is your bedroom, Lindsay?” Sam asks and she points the way.

 

“Get yourself comfortable. I won’t be too long!”

 

We wait for the door to shut before she turns to face me. “That’s Sam!” She twitters.

 

“So you’ve said.” I glare.

 

“No the Sam, the guy... from before!” She grins.

 

“No fucking way! How did you two hook up again?!”

 

“I was in the art district and we bumped into each other.”

 

“That is going to piss Mel off so much!” I laugh. “Why don’t you bring him for dinner on Sunday? You know how much Ma loves to cook for a crowd.”

 

“Lindsay, are you coming!” Sam shouts from the room.

 

“Not yet but she will be soon, I’m sure!” I yell back.

 

“Michael!” She laughs and then looks pleadingly at me. I wave her off and decide to go out for the rest of the day!

 

DEBS AND CARL’S HOUSE - SUNDAY LUNCHTIME

 

LINDSAY

 

Michael and I smirk at each other and I make sure he goes ahead and knocks on the door. It takes a while for the door to be opened and Ted doesn’t say a word to either of us when he opens it wider to let us in.

 

“Mommy!” Gus calls out and runs to me before stopping. “Who’s that?”

 

“Do you remember Sam, Lamb...Gus?” I ruffle his hair and he frowns before looking at Michael.

 

“Hello Uncle Michael. Gummy’s outside with Uncle Ben, if you want to take her away from him now.” Sam raises an eyebrow and Michael looks surprised. “Did you have a nice time when you were away?”

 

“I had a lovely time sweetheart. So do you remember Sam?” He shakes his head. “It was a long time ago for you…”

 

“Not long enough, sadly.” Mel’s cool voice startles me. “Gus, your grandpa wants to help you to change out of your shirt.”

 

“It’s a beautiful shirt. Why can’t he wear it now?” I ask angrily as he goes to see Carl and Michael heads to the back garden.

 

“It’s the shirt for his blessing. He had a bit of a growth spurt during your absence so he was trying on a couple of new ones.” She replies before turning to Sam. “Sam, I would say that it was nice to see you but that would be a lie. So, I take it you will be bringing her to the show in LA or will have you have swapped peccadillos by then?”

 

Peccadillos!

 

“What do you mean by that Mel!” I snap...I am determined to get a rise out of her.

 

“The art world is small and it turns out that Liberty Avenue world is even smaller.” She retorts coldly. “But it is good to know that your life is taking some direction, even if it is backwards. Read into that what you will.” She turns heel and walks away.

 

KITCHEN

 

Everyone is seated but there is something off. “Hi everyone, this is Sam, Sam this is…” After introductions it still feels like there is something missing.

 

“Did they give you an ETA?” Michael grumbles.

 

“Who?” Ted sighs crossly.

 

“The tardy twosome of course, Brian and Justin.” He snarks back. “Okay JR, get down then.”

 

As soon as her feet hit the ground she motors around to Carl. “Ganka!” She shouts. Laughing, he picks her up and settles her into his lap.

 

“Carl, perhaps you should put her in her chair so you can eat your food.” I suggest.

 

“Gummy is happy in Ganka’s lap thank you.”

 

“So when are they getting here?” Michael tries Ted again before turning to Sam. “Sam, you are going to suffer their love for each other. They are very touchy feely!”

 

“They’re not coming.” Ted replies. “They are having lunch at Heavenly. Mama G is here.”

 

I still feel unsettled and can’t shake the feeling.

 

DEBS

 

How fucking dare she?! How fucking dare she bring that...creature to my house?!

 

I take some calming breaths and start to plate up the food.

 

“What’s this?” Michael peers at it in disgust. “Where’s the lasagne?”

 

“It’s too hot for lasagne and we are on a diet ahead of our wedding.” I glare at him. “Eat or leave. Now for the rest of you with manners, these are fish tacos, those are lamb sliders, some chicken satay wings, the green stuff is broccoli pea and mint dip and various salads and for dessert berry white chocolate rocky road, which Gus helped me make. So dig in people!”

 

And I have to say that I am feeling pretty damn pleased with myself. Ems took me under his wing and helped with the dietary changes we needed to make. We have a folder of recipes and they are all delicious. The room is really quiet as people eat. Finally I can bear it no longer!

 

“Well!” I demand.

 

“We need more tacos, shall I help you Gamma?” Hunter grins and stands up.

 

“Gamma!” Gummy gurgles before she pushes the remains of Carl’s dip into her mouth.

 

RUTH’S CONDO - SAME TIME

 

LOUNGE

 

ARNO

 

We have just finished eating dinner and it’s now or never.

 

“So guys, how you feeling?” I ask as they lie opposite each other on the sofa. Mama G is in her favourite rocking chair, which nobody is allowed to sit in, and Ruth and I are sharing the smaller sofa.

 

“Full.” Justin grins rubbing his stomach.

 

“Twat!” Brian laughs. “That was delicious. I think Gus will love the crab burgers especially.”

 

“There is no thinking about it. Gus loves anything daddy loves!” Justin rubs his foot along Brian’s thigh.

 

“No, I mean how do you feel about how I am going to cope while you are in Italy? Because you still have to go. That is our side of the deal. You will still go.”

 

“Of course we will still be going to Italy. Why would…” Brian trails off and looks at me and then Ruth. “Arno?”

 

“Oh God!” Justin breathes and sits up. “Are you serious?”

 

“Yes. She’s six weeks.” Arno grins.

 

“Brian? Brian are you okay?” Justin asks and we all look at him, he’s gone completely still.

 

“Pregnant? We are an awesome combination Sunshine!” Brian grins.

 

“You carrying for him Baby Girl?” She nods and Mama G smiles proudly. “Good, I’m glad. But after Debs and Carl’s wedding you come to N’Awlins or you go to New York. You ain’t staying here. Understand? And you two go do what you need to do in Italy and only come back for appointments. She’s be fine with me and him. Trust me enough to know we got you?”

 

“We do.” Justin sniffles and cradles a now sobbing Brian. “We do.”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind. Thanks