- Text Size +

CHAPTER 55 - FEELING BLESSED - REVELATIONS...AKA THE BLESSING

 

DEBS AND CARL’S - EARLY SATURDAY MORNING

 

OUTSIDE THE BATHROOM

 

MICHAEL

 

“Enough of this!” I snarl because Carl is laughing. Ma can't be serious! She is holding the door open. “I’m not doing this with you here! Carl was bad enough!”

 

“Then you go there stinking of tuna casserole!” She declares. “It’s not as if it I’ve not seen it before.”

 

“But I’m an adult now!” I point out.

 

“Well if you had been behaving like one, I wouldn’t be having to watch you bathe! Now get on with it!”

 

“Why am I getting ready now?” I am trying to stall.

 

“Because we are going to the blessing. You are just going to the christenings.” I try to keep my smile to myself. “So once you’re bathed, you are going to be looked after in the diner by Kiki!”

 

“WHAT?!” I explode.

 

“Oddly enough she volunteered. Now come on, unless you want me to do it for you!”

 

I hate Boy Wonder, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!

 

DINER - AN HOUR LATER

 

KIKI

 

Oh I am going to love every minute of this! Carl called to say that he is more fucked off than ever! When he got here on Thursday afternoon, he was pissed, yes. But it was the diner, so it was fine or so he thought. Not only was he not allowed to sit in the office, as he wanted, but he wasn’t allowed to read his comics either. So he just sat there all through her shift with his arms folded, like the recalcitrant child he is. He must have got such terrible cramp!

 

“Hey Kiki! We’re here. Now be a good boy for mommy, Michael and don’t give your Aunt Kiki any trouble. No answering back or it will be upstairs with no supper for you!” He just glares at her and starts to head to the back office.

 

“Oh no, same rules apply as the other day. You sit out here until Ronald comes to pick you up.”

 

“How are we supposed to get back?” He demands, thumping down into the booth. Debs just stares at him. “Well, how are we supposed to get back?” He repeats.

 

“Take a cab with Lindsay. I’m sure there’s lots for you to catch up on!”

 

PETERSON RESIDENCE - SAME TIME

 

KITCHEN

 

LINDSAY

 

This has been pure hell! Not only did we have to hand over our phones, but I haven't been allowed on the computer without one of them standing over my shoulder watching me type! And that was after they put the address in for me! And don't even get me started on the bathroom!”

 

“Are you going to get ready?” Daddy demands.

 

I gape at him. “It's not till this afternoon, daddy.”

 

“Yes. But you know how long your mother takes! So you use it now, then I can and then she can get ready at her leisure while you and I go and pick up Michael.”

 

“But…” I protest.

 

“Off you go, dear.” Mother orders. “Oh wait! Let me fetch my book... I might get through another page or two. Although, I never had you down for someone who takes such quick showers.”

 

As I head to the bathroom, I, for once, curse the day Brian ever met Justin!

 

I really hope Michael is having as much fucking fun as me!!!

 

HEAVENLY RETREATS - AN HOUR BEFORE BLESSING CEREMONY

 

BRIAN’S SUITE

 

TED

 

“So. Are you seriously wearing that?” Brian quirks an eyebrow at me. He does not approve of my tie.

 

“What’s wrong with it exactly?” I demand looking down at the Gucci tie that he pronounced perfect when I bought it. “You approved it!” I am getting exasperated by that enigmatic smirk on his face.

 

“Something is wrong. I know! You’ve tied it differently.” He replies, surveying me again. I look at my watch impatiently and then let him fiddle with my tie. “Much better. Now go and make sure that everything is perfect.”

 

“Yes master!” I smirk and head to the chapel.

 

JUSTIN’S SUITE

 

DAPH

 

I am searching for this elusive cufflink. It had to be a diamond one that he’s misplaced! And of course, it’s from Brian! “Where did you say you last had it again?!” I call out to him as he searches in the bathroom.

 

“On my shirt!” He calls back. “How could I have lost the fucking thing?!”

 

“On your…” I head to the shirt hanging up and it’s not there. I check the pocket and could just strangle him! “Justin, it is in your shirt pocket!”

 

“Oh, thank fuck!” He calls back. “Can you put it on the side for me and I know it sounds stupid but can you swap the shirts to the blue one?”

 

“Sheesh! What did your last one die of?!” I grumble and carefully put his cufflink down and open up his case.

 

“Daph! Did you find the shirt? Is it really crushed?”

 

JUSTIN

 

“Daph, did you hear me?” I come out of the bathroom and come to a halt. Daph is staring at something in her hand and I know exactly what it is.

 

“Ju-Justin…”

 

“Please don’t say anything!” I beg and she looks at me with tears in her eyes.

 

“When? Who? Would I have even been con...?”

 

“Yes, of course! But we didn’t want to interrupt your residency. Please don’t be upset…” She engulfs me in a hug. “You’re not mad we didn’t ask?”

 

“No, but answer the other two questions!” She punches me on the arm.

 

“In six months and its Ruth.” She sits down quickly, her mouth opening and then closing. “I still can’t believe it took the first time.”

 

“But what about Arno?”

 

“Gave his blessing but for just one try.”

 

“So what brought this on?”

 

“Gus.” She frowns, but soon that is replaced by a goofy smile when I tell her about him wanting a Caramel Gummy. “So here we are. We’re not telling anyone at all and when she starts to show, she’s moving to New York.”

 

“Seriously!” She squeals and bounces up and down. “Ooh, I shall be checking up on her!”

 

“Checking up on who exactly?” Brian asks as he comes in and then sees the picture. “Ah, I see.” I think he’s going to be pissed but then he smiles sheepishly. “Bought mine as well. Oh and her mom is going to be in NYC too, so she’s going to be mothered and Daphne’d!”

 

“I am so pleased for you!” She hugs him, fiercely.

 

“Crushing the Gucci!” He grumbles good naturedly. “Thanks Daph. Now come on husband, let’s go and get our son so he can do his duty!”

 

“Hang on, did you do it?” I ask him and he nods. “Did he notice?” He smirks and shakes his head.

 

“What? What have you done? Who noticed what?” Daph demands, getting between us and the door.

 

“Just watch Ted. That’s all you’re getting.” He laughs and manoeuvres her out of the way.

 

MEL AND GUS’S SUITE

 

MEL

 

“Gus, you are going to get very tired standing up all the time. Sit down, sweetheart.”

 

“But I don’t want to get my suit crushed.” He points out.

 

“I know. Oh, how about this? We take off your suit until it’s absolutely the last minute, okay?”

 

“What will I wear instead?”

 

“These.” I pull out some sweats that I packed just in case and I quickly change him.

 

“What is Gummy going to wear?” He looks at her making her way round the room. She’s got a decent speed on her now.

 

“Your daddies, Hunner and Uncle Ben are coming to help get you both get dressed…”

 

“So why did I put my suit on so early?” He frowns at me as if it is my fault I didn’t stop him from getting dressed the moment he had his bath! “Momma, you do let me do silly things sometimes.”

 

“Yes Gus, that was very silly of momma.”

 

I can’t help grinning when I open the door to Ben and Hunter and then hear Justin’s squeak of token protest as Brian gets handsy! “You have all night for that!” I yell down the corridor. “You have an impatient son to dress...come on!”

 

DINER

 

MICHAEL

 

I look at my watch and glare at the smirk on Kiki’s face. “Come on Michael, let’s go.”

 

“Go where?” I demand, pressing back into the booth.

 

“Allure. It’s just off Liberty Avenue and I need to get some jewellery for a friend. Now come-come.”

 

I shake my head. “No, absolutely not! I am not going into a woman’s shop with you!”

 

“Then I’ll call Debs and you know that’s not a threat, but a promise. You already know what she’s going to do to you should I have to bring her back here to correct your behavior, don’t you?” I try not to flinch at the mention of my mother. “So what’s it to be? 15 minutes in a shop or not going at all!” She snarks.

 

As I follow her out, I vow to make Mel pay for putting us through this! Just wait until she needs us to babysit. We will suddenly be very busy!

 

RECEPTION ROOM, HEAVENLY RETREATS - 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE CEREMONY

 

EMMY

 

Perfection, everything is perfection! It’s so adorable that they have gone with a green and white theme, flower wise, because it is Gus’s favourite colour. I have the picture of the street lamp they met under as the backdrop and Billy Balls flowers had to be got the moment I spotted the name. So we have those parrot tulips and green and white rainbow roses.

 

“Oh God, Ems! It looks wonderful!” Debs cries, already dabbing her eyes. “You’ve outdone yourself!”

 

“You certainly have Ems!” Ted comes in grinning from ear to ear. “Spectacular... just spectacular!”

 

“Okay guys! They’re on their way…” Carl stops and stares round the room. “Ems. Just wow!”

 

“Hush y’all and let’s get this party started!” I shoo them out, blushing to the soles of my feet!

 

CHAPEL

 

DEBS

 

He’s trembling, I just want to rush down the aisle but we have Gus in front of us walking very proudly clutching the pocket with the rings in it. And in front of him, walking as fast as she can, is Gummy. We had to take the basket out of reach as she started to show far too much interest in eating the flowers!

 

“I’ve got you kiddo.” I whisper and he gives me a small smile.

 

“Thanks mom.” He replies, giving my arm a squeeze.

 

As we get to the front of chapel, I stop and stare at Ted. “Holy fuck! When did you get that Ted?!” I gasps. “Is it real?”

 

“What?” He looks at himself and then stares wide eyed at his tie. “When did you…?”

 

“Told you something was missing...” Brian replies quietly. “Now your tie is perfect, Teddy.”

 

Ted swallows hard and then nods, before taking the proffered hanky from Ems, who is also blubbing.

 

“Daddy!” Gus gets up and stage whispers. “Can I do it now?”

 

“Not yet, Sonny Boy. We’re still waiting for papa. But you can do it when we’ve said our vows, okay?”

 

“Okay daddy!” Gus sits back down next to Mel.

 

The door opens and Justin and Jennifer come down the aisle. She’s barely holding on but he’s just grinning his biggest Sunshine smile.

 

“Hello. Fancy seeing you here.” He grins at Brian.

 

“Mmm. Fancy indeed!” He grins back.

 

“Keep it clean boys!” I order as Jennifer and I step back to take our seats. “Where’s Carl?” I ask Jennifer. “He was here a minute ago.”

 

“Justin said that when he got to the front, Carl had to go and get the officiant doing the blessing.” She grins at me. “Oh here they come.”

 

I look up and it’s just Carl. “Where’s the officiant?” Then I look at Brian’s side and Ruth and Arno are there. “What is...”

 

“Brian gave his blessing, now Carl’s giving his. Ruth and Arno are Brian’s ushers. It was so hard to keep that a secret from you!”

 

Brian looks at me with smile. “Can we get blessed now?”

 

“Yes.” I choke out and again Ems is on hand with tissues!

 

CARL

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here to bless the marriage of Brian Aiden Taylor-Kinney and Justin Cole Taylor-Kinney. I came into their relationship late but even then, you could see they were destined to be together no matter, whom or what tried to get in their way. I not only love these boys like my own, but I also respect them hugely. They are it for each other, plain and simple. Now I ask them to face each and say their vows, starting with Brian.”

 

“Justin, I haven't written them down because I memorised them from the last time. You complete me, understand me, support me and love me so much. Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am that I have you. Don't ever stop telling the world and showing me that I am yours and yours alone. You are my first, last and only true love. Wherever you want me to be, whatever you want me to be, I will be. In front of all our family and friends, I promise that to you.”

 

“Oh God!” Justin weeps and is pulled into his arms. “You swine!”

 

“So I did good?” He laughs, tilting up Justin’s chin.

 

“How the hell am I supposed to top that?!”

 

“You can't.” He smirks. “Just tell me you love me and promise you’ll never stop.”

 

“I love you and promise I’ll never stop.”

 

“Perfect!” He starts to lower his head.

 

“Daddy, we need to do the rings before you kiss!” Gus points out.

 

“Of course Sonny Boy, got a little ahead of myself there.”

 

“Who gives their blessing on behalf of Brian Aiden Taylor-Kinney?”

 

Debs stands up and after a couple of sniffs, smiles. “I do with all of my heart!”

 

“Who gives their blessing on behalf of Justin Cole Taylor-Kinney?”

 

Jennifer stands and like Debs has to compose herself. “I do with all of my heart!”

 

“May I have the rings please?” I look at Gus, who is waiting for the signal from Brian. But before he can say anything, Gummy gets there first. “Gus-Gus! Ganka!”  I can't help the chuckle as she looks very pleased with herself.

 

“Now daddy, papa? Is it now?” Gus asks and they nod. Puffing out his chest he approaches them with the rings in his hand. “They’re a bit warm where I’ve been holding them.”

 

“That’s fine, Gus.” Justin replies and then he and Brian get on their knees in front of Gus.

 

“Have you lost something?” Gus asks looking around.

 

“No Gus, we have a little surprise for you and everyone. We would like you to put our rings on us.”

 

“Really?!” Gus gasps.

 

“Yes. Now take this one first and put it on papa.” Brian’s voice is thick with emotion and Justin starts to weep again. “And say after me…”

 

“After me.” Gus dutifully repeats and that helps Justin to stop crying as he starts to laugh.

 

“No. Not yet. Let me say the words and then you repeat them.” Brian smiles and ruffles his hair.

 

“Okay daddy.”

 

“I, Gus hereby bless the marriage of my daddy Brian Aiden Taylor-Kinney to my papa Justin Cole Taylor-Kinney.” He repeats it carefully and loudly. “And what I have blessed let no-one tear asunder.”

 

“And what I have blessed let no one tear ass under.”

 

“Oh, dear God!” Mel giggles.

 

“Close enough.” Brian chuckles. “Come on tw...papa, it’s your turn.”

 

Justin clears his throat. “Ready Gus?”

 

“Yes papa.”

 

“Put the ring on daddy’s finger and repeat this. I, Gus hereby bless the marriage of my papa Justin Cole Taylor-Kinney to my daddy Brian Aiden Tay-Taylor-Kinney. And what I have blessed let no-one tear ass under!”

 

Gus does as he’s told and I can barely hear him over my snivelling! Only those two could come up with this! They get off their knees and stand, turning again to face each other.

 

“Gus.” He looks up and then comes to stand by me. “I need you to say this for me, okay?” He nods. “I now pronounce your marriage blessed in the eyes of your family and friends, you may now kiss your husband.”

 

“I now pronounce your marriage blessed in the eyes of your family and friends, you may now kiss...Daddy! You didn’t let me finish!”

 

But right now, Brian is not listening! Now we all have seen them kiss before but this is different. I can’t think of why, but I know it is.

 

“Uh guys..” I clear my throat after five minutes. “We have to get to the christening soon.”

 

Brian finally lifts his head and grins at us. But I’m looking at a completely dazed looking Justin, who is taking in lungfuls of air.

 

“Okay, let’s go.” Brian declares and starts to step away but Justin stops him. “What’s wr...ah.” He pulls him into his arms before picking him up and striding back down the aisle. “We’ll be right back! Daph! Ted! With me!” They quickly follow and everyone looks confused.

 

“Oh! The Stud lives!” Ems giggles.

 

“Ems!” Ted bellows from the door and he runs out, still giggling.

 

“What happened?” I ask.

 

“Blondie dropped a bomb!” Hunter snickers.

 

“Dropped a bomb? What does that mean?” I demand.

 

“Carl...” Ben laughs and then I get it!

 

“Oh for heaven…!” I guffaw.

 

BRIAN

 

Justin’s face is buried in my neck and I can feel his mortification such as the heat coming off him in waves. I shouldn’t say cumming really. “You okay?” I whisper in his ear. “It’s just me, Emmy Lou, Ted and Daph…”

 

“You bastard!” He mutters. “How do you do that?”

 

“It does help that you are the most responsive man I have ever met in my life. You are my, and I hate to say this word, violin, as you play beautifully.”

 

He finally lifts his head, his eyes are bright. “Only for you. Forever.”

 

I stride to his suite and Emmy Lou grabs his card to open the door. “Okay! You have spare pants right and actual undergarments, correct?”

 

“In his case!” I call out carrying him to the bathroom. I set him down and he does have a very big wet patch!

 

“Emmy Lou, we need the pants now!”

 

Silence.

 

“Emmy Lou?!”

 

I head out to the room and am confronted by a bug eyed Emmy Lou, a gaping Ted and a stymied Daphne.

 

“Emmy Lou, I really need my pants!” Justin comes out with the towel round his waist and takes in the scene.

 

“Oh my God!” Ted murmurs, regaining the power of speech. “I...am I looking at what I think I’m looking at?”

 

“Yes but you can’t tell anyone. Please!” Daphne begs.

 

“We won’t, we promise.” Emmy whimpers.

 

“It’s literally on the cusp of 3 months. It’s my first scan.” She carries on and I blink back tears as Justin squeezes my hand. “Now come on we have to get G&G blessed! Give me the pants; you guys go down and stall!”

 

Emmy and Ted both embrace her gently and head downstairs. “Daph…” I begin.

 

“That’s what best friends do. Now come on, get your pants on. Oh fuck!”

 

“What?” Justin asks.

 

“You know what Emmy’s like... He won’t say a word but you bet he will be glued to me all night, so that means no booze. This was not the time to split up with Tony!”

 

“You never told us about that! What happened?” Justin asks.

 

“I wanted a grown up relationship and he wanted to fuck around.” She sighs. “Anyway, you all cleaned up?”

 

“Yeah. We’ll meet you downstairs.” Justin replies, but is frowning.

 

When the door closes behind her, I turn to him. “What is going on in that head of yours?”

 

“Paul, the wedding planner.”

 

“What about him?” I help him into his thong and then slide his pants up his gorgeous legs, kissing all the way and then nuzzling his crotch before standing to kiss him softly.

 

“Is he single and straight? Brian...stop that please! I don’t have any more pants!”

 

I look at my watch and smirk then push his pants back down. As they pool around his ankles, I sink to my knees, starting to peel his thong off. “Yes or no…”

 

“Yes... please yes!”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thank you.