- Text Size +

CHAPTER 73 - STUPID MOVES CLOSER...AND MEET THE KOSLOVS

 

BRITIN - FRIDAY EVENING A WEEK LATER

 

JUSTIN

 

Okay, what the hell is that smell?! I pad downstairs from the bathroom and follow my nose. I come to a surprised halt when I see Brian in the kitchen! He is checking a piece of paper in front of him and whatever he is doing smells wonderful. He looks up and gives me a sweet smile. “Come sit.” He orders and I do as I’m told.

 

“What are you doing?” I ask as I put the monitor down.

 

“Pour the wine please.” Again, I do as I’m bid. “For tonight’s delectation, it is chicken schnitzel banh mi with satay sauce and fries then for later peanut butter fudge brownies.”

 

I pause in mid drink. “Uh Brian, you do realise that...” He stops me with a gentle kiss.

 

“Yes carbs after seven, I know.” I pull him back down for a tongue filled kiss, which leaves us both breathless. “Need to check the fries.” He mumbles, nuzzling my nose.

 

Twenty minutes later, I have had two of the banh mis and am eyeing the last one. “I don’t suppose I could persuade you to go halves?” He laughs when I shake my head. “Didn’t think so. Go ahead.”

 

“Thank you!” I sigh and put it on my plate and take some more fries. “Oh God, this is so good! Can we have this at least once a month? What’s on the fries?”

 

“Yes and smoked chipotle and garlic salt.”

 

“So what brought this on?” I ask as I help him clear up.

 

“I’ve never cooked for you. Thought it was time that I did.” He replies with a shrug.

 

“And…”

 

“That’s it.” He pulls out the brownies. “They need to cool and they’re not done yet.”

 

“But Brian…” I whimper as the smell of chocolate assails my senses.

 

“They have to cool for at least two hours. I’m pretty sure we can think of something to do between now and then.” He smirks and tugs me to the lounge.

 

LOUNGE

 

BRIAN

 

That was so great and as we settle down to watch Yellow Submarine, I kiss and nuzzle his neck. I am so happy that he decided to not cut his hair shorter. That way at least he can cover the hickies I have taken to leaving there!

 

“They should be guardians too.” I say, licking his neck.

 

“Uh huh.” He squirms under my tongue. “Um...who are we talking about?”

 

“Nancy and Ronald.” I husk into his ear.

 

“F-fine.” He squirms around in my lap and attacks my neck. “God you smell so good!”

 

“Justin.” I groan and push the table as far away as I can from the sofa and managed to get us on the floor. “Strip.” I order and start on my clothes. As he hurriedly removes his clothes, I look at him. “Wait.” I look at his body and he seems to be glowing; his skin is so creamy and soft but hard at the same time. “Do you remember the first time we...we made love here?”

 

“Yes. I had accepted your proposal and we were right over there.” He points to a spot under the windows. “And the fire was on. Why?”

 

“Just checking.” I murmur and go to kiss him, but he stops me.

 

“I remember everything. Good and bad and I wouldn’t change a thing as long as I am here with you and our children.”

 

“Not even…” I frown.

 

“Not even that.” He smiles. “Now do you remember what we….mmmmm.”

 

MICHAEL AND LINDSAY’S APARTMENT - SATURDAY MORNING

 

LOUNGE

 

MICHAEL

 

We have got our plan in place to get our Brian back where he should be. Him with us and us with him. And the children. All of them. We don’t believe for one minute that Ruth is carrying Arno’s child! Lindsay has called D’Andrea and initially she was frosty, but when she told her what Ruth had done to get the twins...I refuse to call them Caramels as it is so immature...she was crowing! She is going to speak to her father-in-law and tell them all. Arno has been firing blanks for years and suddenly she gets pregnant by him...as if!

 

“Okay.” Lindsay comes in. “Our first move is to go back to Pittsburgh, but staying away from where they would expect us to be. We need to be on the Britin side of town. It makes it easier for us to move in then.”

 

“Have you found somewhere?” I ask.

 

“I am working on that Mr DeVore.” She grins. “Once we are settled and can see what they are doing, we can plan our next move.”

 

KOSLOV [ARNO’S PARENTS] CITY RESIDENCE - SUNDAY EVENING

 

JULIUS

 

I look at my daughter-in-law and smile, but inside I am raging! Absolutely raging! She and Hanno are here telling us that Carlo is not Arno’s and that Ruth has had children for Brian and Justin Taylor-Kinney before...we fucking know that! Next weekend is going to be the first time we see the Caramels and meet the rest of Arno’s Pittsburgh family! Reba and I are so looking forward to it!

 

“So what do you want us to do with this information?” Reba asks.

 

“Call them out on it!” D’Andrea all but screams. “She’s lied! He’s lied!”

 

“I was right to say what I said.” Hanno boasts and it takes the look from Reba to keep me in my seat.

 

“We will do what we need to do.” Reba replies and I watch her knuckles go white as she watches the smirks spread across their faces.

 

KOSLOV MOUNTAIN RETREAT - A WEEK LATER

 

ARNO

 

Something is wrong. Very wrong. We pull up outside and call my dad to let him know we are here.

 

“Guys! We’re here!” I call out and people start to come out of their doze, filing out of the coach that dad sent.

 

“What the hell?” Emmy gasps as he look at the 35 bedroom mansion that my parents own.

 

“Britin is a playhouse compared to this.” Justin murmurs.

 

“Papa! Mama!” I shout and smile as the front door is wrenched open and dad is flying down the steps.

 

“As much as I love you Arno, Ruth...where is he?!” My dad demands.

 

“Here. He’s here.” Ruth chuckles and stands still as papa divests her of Carlo and heads swiftly back into the house. Mama comes out with Baba and we get everyone inside.

 

LOUNGE

 

JULIUS

 

“Oh he is beautiful!” I finally look up from my grandson and smile at them. “I am Julius, the very proud grandfather of Carlo and you are the people who have welcomed my son into Pittsburgh.”

 

“I’m Carl…”

 

“Horvath. Detective at Precinct 57. And to the little ones, you are Ganka.” I smile at him and gently put Carlo back in his carrier. “Now please everyone relax and sit. I know all of you, well almost, these two are new.”

 

“This is Nancy and Ronald.” Reba tells me and I smile at them.

 

“Papa, what is going on?” Arno demands.

 

“Later, my boy. Now let me introduce myself properly. I am Julius and this is Reba. Now come, sit and let us get to know each other properly…”

 

Two hours later, everyone has relaxed and the babies, their big brother and sister are upstairs resting.

 

“Okay papa, enough now. What is going on?” Arno asks.

 

“D’Andrea came to tell us about the Caramels.” I tell him and get the reaction I knew I would get.

 

“How did she find out?” Ruth demands.

 

“How do you think? Lindsay.” Nancy sighs.

 

“Who is Lindsay?” I look around.

 

“She’s Gus’s mother, but we’re removing her rights. And I suppose she was with her imp, Michael!” Ronald growls.

 

“Do you have a photo of these people, Arno?” I ask him.

 

“Sending it now and why do you need it?” Ruth growls and I chuckle. “What?” She frowns.

 

“D’Andrea thinks that she has the prize in Hanno because he is the elder brother. But she knows that she has lost out to the zaštitna tigrica and can’t stand it, while Hanno knows he let go of a good thing!”

 

“Zas…” Justin begins.

 

“Protective tigress.” Reba translates.

 

“Because of something she said, she stated that there was no way that Carlo was Arno’s. They think that you are carrying again for Brian and Justin.”

 

“And…” Ruth demands.

 

“I don’t think we have anything to worry about with regards to D’Andrea and Hanno. They like their lazy life, but I think we should help you look after the Caramels, G&G and Hiccup. I shall employ some nannies for them.”

 

“We can employ our own nannies…” Brian begins.

 

“You misunderstand, Brian. I run the biggest security firm in Eastern Europe, so for nannies read bodyguards.”

 

“You really think they are a danger?” Brian sighs.

 

“Yes, I really do. Desperation, like money, breed strange bedfellows.” I reply. “Now relax for this weekend. You are in no danger this weekend or anytime you are here.”

 

“D’Andrea and Hanno don’t know you have this, do they?” Nancy smirks.

 

“No. They don’t.” I laugh.

 

 

http://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/meat-and-poultry/chicken-schnitzel-banh-mi-with-satay-sauce/

 

http://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/baking-and-desserts/peanut-butter-fudge-brownies/

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks