- Text Size +

CHAPTER 75 - SEEK AND PROTECT

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

When the song finished, I lead him back to the table. “So did you hear exactly what we have for dinner?”

 

 

 

“No.” He blushes.

 

 

 

“Thought not. Chinese braised oxtails and…” I laugh as he zeroes in on the cloche and then takes off his jacket, rolls up his sleeves and lifts the lid. “Oh no you don’t!” I swat his hand. “You always take the choice...Justin!” I protest as he picks out a nice big fatty bit…

 

 

 

...Now I may be a, actually I am anti-fat, except when it comes to one thing and that’s oxtail. To say that fat means flavour is an understatement. Ruth trims it just right so that the balance is perfect. My pest of a husband looks smug as he starts to bite and slurp on the meat. “So much trouble.” I growl and take out a couple of small bits and roll a piece round my mouth licking and chewing the meat off and then pulling out the cleaned bone and dropping it onto my plate. He gulps and blinks.

 

 

 

She has also done some pancakes, not as thin as the ones that you would get with Peking duck, but just a bit thicker. So I strip off the meat and make a nice fat oxtail pancake with extra chillies and steeped red onions. I hear his food groan, sigh...and hand it over. He wiggles in his seat with glee.

 

 

 

“Am I making another one before I make one for myself?” I raise an eyebrow then chuckle softly when he nods. “Come here.” He frowns but does come to sit in my lap. “Are you really very hungry?” I ask, nuzzling his neck.

 

 

 

“For food? Not so much now.” He rests against my chest. I smile, realizing that I know him... correction! We know each other better now. He’s tired...Harper and Lee crawling, sex, shopping, sex, stressing about Cody, shower sex...I reach down and unzip his pants. “Brian?” He looks up at me through his lashes. “I...oh!” He breathes as I wrap my hand round his cock then tilt his head back and claim his mouth, jerking him slowly to a very sweet but intense orgasm. He slumps against my chest and I wait for ten minutes.

 

 

 

As his breathing evens out, I reach for my phone. “Emmy Lou, can you come and clear? We’re done. No, nothing’s wrong. I promise. Thanks.”

 

 

 

A few minutes later, Emmy comes out looking worried, but then smiles. “Oh I do believe I smell the air of B&BB!” He laughs softly. I poke my tongue out and then smirk as Justin burrows into my chest.  “Not me, just him.” I snicker.

 

 

 

“Really?” He chuckles.

 

 

 

“What can I say? I love him.” I murmur and kiss the top of his head before standing up and carrying him up to bed.

 

 

 

BRITIN - MONDAY EVENING

 

 

 

BRIAN

 

 

 

We have finally finished putting away the shopping. Harper and Lee are sound asleep and Justin is rubbing his butt after I gave him a swift spanking for eating the oxtail...cold...it always upsets his stomach! His but its oxtail reasoning didn’t wash with me.

 

 

 

“Meanie.” He mutters as he leads me into the bathroom so we can have a shower.

 

 

 

“But you love me still.” I croon.

 

 

 

“Always.”

 

 

 

“So what is happening with Rage this week?” I ask, gently stripping him as he adjusts the temperature.

 

 

 

“The posters have been finalised and will be put up country wide by the end of the week. Final touches on post production are complete. Then it is just the matter of the press and premiere.”

 

 

 

I nod and kiss his shoulder. “In we get. Speaking of the press, we are keeping their names out of it...hair washing?” He nods. “Yes, we will acknowledge that we have three children but that’s it. Agreed?”

 

 

 

“Mmmm.”

 

 

 

“What about the novels?” He turns around carefully and grins up at me. “We’re about five chapters away from the end of the first volume.”

 

 

 

“Does she die?”

 

 

 

“In this one? No, but die she will.” He replies determinedly. “I have several scenarios.”

 

 

 

“Thank you, my sexy and evil genius.” I purr in his ear.

 

 

 

COURT & STONE OFFICES, A WEEK LATER

 

 

 

CATRIONA, RECEPTIONIST

 

 

 

I look at the post in my hand and then head to Alistair’s office. “Got a minute?” He waves me inside. “We’ve had this returned stamped not known at this address. According to the reference number on the back, they’re for Lindsay Peterson and Michael Novotny.”

 

 

 

He frowns then takes the envelope off of me and opens it. “These are the papers advising them of the hearing date for the revocation of her rights and for him, the advisement of the results of his appeal. Unsurprisingly, both cases are cut and dry! If they don’t appear, then the court will rule against them both in absentia. At least with them being there, they would’ve had an opportunity to argue their case before it was shot down. Try to contact them to find a new address...and quickly! The hearing is on Thursday.”

 

 

 

I head back to my desk and start to track them down, diligently recording every attempt.

 

 

 

MARLON COURT’S OFFICE

 

 

 

MARLON

 

 

 

“Yep!” I call out as the door knocks, Alistair sticks his head round the door before folding his lanky frame into the chair opposite me. “So…”

 

 

 

“You need to contact Mel and let her know that Peterson and Novotny seem to have moved from Ohio.” I raise my eyebrows. “Exactly. We’ve had returned post. Catriona is trying to track them down, but we are in a time crunch as the hearing is on Thursday.”

 

 

 

“Okay. Leave it with me. But everything else is filed, correct? Good. Tell Catriona to get hold of their attorney and see if he can find out where his moronic clients have taken themselves.”

 

 

 

Right on cue, the door knocks and Catriona comes in. “Whoever their attorney is, it is not Bradman and Wall. Seems they terminated their services a couple of weeks back. Bill fully paid with ‘great relief’.”

 

 

 

I shrug. “We tried. It is down to them to let us know where they are, not down to us to play hunt the stupid!

 

 

 

MEL’S HOUSE - WEDNESDAY EVENING

 

 

 

LOUNGE

 

 

 

MEL

 

 

 

Of all the fucking stupid things to do, disappearing off the face of the planet is right up there! I take another breath and wait for them to arrive. It’s good news-bad news time.

 

 

 

“Stop worrying.” Leda gives me a firm hug and a kiss. “Go with the bad news first and…” The bell ringing cuts her off. “Showtime.”

 

 

 

It’s Ben and Xavi first and then five minutes later, Brian and Justin arrive.

 

 

 

“Where’s my fluffballs?” Justin heads straight to the kitchen and soon comes back in with them in his arms. I watch amazed as he promptly drops Pop in Brian’s lap. I expect him to queen but he simply puts him on a cushion and then places the cushion on his lap.

 

 

 

“Brian, are you okay?” Ben asks.

 

 

 

“Yeah fine. This is two seasons back.”

 

 

 

“Ah.” Xavi laughs.

 

 

 

“So why are we here?” Brian is immediately all business.

 

 

 

“Lindsay and Michael have disappeared. The place in Ohio is empty, their bills are settled with Michael’s attorney and the court papers were returned to Marlon.” Nobody says anything for a minute.

 

 

 

“I think we should call Jules.” Xavi declares. “And also let Ruth and Arno know.”

 

 

 

I place the call and at first, we think we will have to leave a message but then the dulcet tones of Reba answers, giggling. “Hi Reba, its Mel. How are you?”

 

 

 

“Great! Jules is in shock...first nappy!” She laughs.

 

 

 

“Ruth, Arno and Carlo are with you?” Justin demands.

 

 

 

“Everyone quiet!” Reba declares. “Justin, what is wrong?”

 

 

 

“We can’t currently locate Lindsay and Michael. They were supposed to be in Ohio, but they’ve…”

 

 

 

“I will find them. Worry not.” Jules interrupts. “And the CB problem you told me about was neutralised two years ago.”

 

 

 

“You mean he’s…”

 

 

 

“Yes. He is.”

 

 

 

I watch Brian bow his head in relief and pull Justin to him.

 

 

 

“Is there anyone else you could think of that could cause you a problem?”

 

 

 

They exchange looks before grinning at each other. “Surely not?!” Brian laughs, getting a thump from Pop. “Sorry Pop.” He strokes his belly...seriously this is Brian Kinney?!  Correction, this is Brian Taylor-Kinney!

 

 

 

“Surely not about whom?” Jules demands.

 

 

 

“Well she’s already gone to my nemesis. Perhaps she will go for my weakness next.” Justin giggles.

 

 

 

“Ian?!” Ben gasps.

 

 

 

“Who is Ian?” Jules demands.

 

 

 

“He means Ethan as in Ethan Gold.” Brian chuckles again. “We had a momentary blip early in our relationship and...mmmmf!”

 

 

 

“What has happened?” Jules demands worriedly.

 

 

 

“Justin has just kissed Brian for finally acknowledging that they had a relationship right from the start. I think?” Justin beams. “Yeah, that’s it.”

 

 

 

“That’s great, but back to the matter at hand... Ethan Gold, you say?”

 

 

 

“Yeah, he’s the only person I could think they call upon to be disruptive, for lack of a better term.” Justin answers.

 

 

 

“Okay, leave that with me. Anything…”

 

 

 

“Can you keep Ruth, Arno and Hic...Carlo with you until we at least locate them?” Brian interrupts.

 

 

 

“Absolutely.” Jules growls. “And the nannies will be there by the end of the week. I will send photos of who they are soon.”

 

 

 

“Thanks, Jules. You’re both coming to the premiere, right?” Justin looks so relieved.

 

 

 

“Are you serious?!” He gasps.

 

 

 

“Of course!” Brian laughs.

 

 

 

“Oh, that is wonderful!” Reba exclaims. “You have to come back so we can shop! I shall start calling. A movie premiere, I can’t believe it!”

 

 

 

“Where is the premiere?” Jules chuckles.

 

 

 

“San Francisco in three weeks from Friday. At the Castro Theatre.”

 

 

 

“In diaries. We will speak during the week, okay?”

 

 

 

“Okay.” I call out and we end the call.

 

 

 

We look at each other. I am dying to ask about the CB issue, but decide to wait. “So we have dealt with that but now onto the good part of the evening...” I get up and go get the papers and grab a bottle of brandy on the way back. I pour us each a glass, adding more to Ben’s. “Here you go, daddy.” I say as I hand him the glass and the papers. He frowns as he takes them before putting the glass down and starting to read. I shake my head at Brian’s questioning look.

 

 

 

“M-Mel…” He begins and then his eyes fill with tears. “A-are you sure?”

 

 

 

“Without question. I am sure.”

 

 

 

“Ben, what is it?” Xavi takes the papers from his shaking hands and reads them. “Holy fuck...Mel!” He leaps up and pulls me into his arms.

 

 

 

“What?!” Justin demands confused.

 

 

 

“Seriously Mr. 1500?!” Brian teases him, but Justin looks pleadingly at him. “Because Crumpled has had his rights revoked permanently, there needed to be another father figure in Gummy’s life and that figure, officially is Ben.” It takes a few minutes to sink in before Brian huffs. “Come here, you tender-hearted twat.” He pulls him into his arms before he turns to me. “They’re happy tears...and he’s crying for the both of us!”

 

 

 

OUTSIDE DELICIOUS FOODS, A WEEK LATER

 

 

 

LINDSAY

 

 

 

“For heaven sake! Michael, would you stop complaining about the amount of money we are spending?! You have to get used to this lifestyle…”

 

 

 

“But we’re giving her money!” He grumbles as he loads stuff into the car.

 

 

 

“Her? Oh you mean Ruth?” I roll my eyes. “That is inconsequential. You have to think of the greater good!”

 

 

 

“And that is?” He finally finishes loading the trunk and glares at me.

 

 

 

“Us with Brian, of course. And Brian loves this place! Now come on, let’s…”

 

 

 

“Excuse me, madam! Sir! Excuse me!” A woman is shouting and rushing towards us. “I am so sorry but we overcharged you. Please can you come back into the store so we can issue...”

 

 

 

“Oh for fuck...what happens to the food?!” Michael snaps.

 

 

 

“You get to keep it, of course. We just need to issue a full refund.”

 

 

 

That brings a smile to his face. “Okay, lead the way!” He crows.

 

 

 

Fifteen minutes later, we’re heading home.

 

 

 

FARIQ, HEAD OF SECURITY, DELICIOUS FOODS

 

 

 

“Mr Koslov, I am sending you the feed now. They have been here three times and I am sure that this is them. Her hair is a lot darker and he seems to have put on weight. Yes, I called him and he has placed it on the car. If it is not them, the tag is easily disengaged. I await to hear from you.”

 

 

 

ETHAN GOLD’S APARTMENT, NEW YORK

 

 

 

I drop my post off on the table and recheck my messages. It has been years since I have even thought of Justin Taylor...now Taylor-Kinney. He is still beautiful. I was even more surprised to hear from Lindsay Peterson. I barely even had anything to do with her when he and I were briefly together.

 

 

 

“How was your day, dear?” A voice calls out.

 

 

 

“Not bad.” I chuckle at the irony of my situation. Before I had to hide Justin, but now it’s the other way around. I am married with a child and I have to hide my wife! I don’t know what flipped in my psyche to make me change but when I saw Terez with her own Mischka, and that was it for me! So I play up the gay side of me and then go home to my wife and soon to be child. I delete the message from Lindsay and block her number. Then I go happily to see how my Terez is blossoming.

 

 

 

PRECINCT 57, PITTSBURGH

 

 

 

DESK SERGEANT

 

 

 

“Can I help you?”

 

 

 

“Yes, I would, would like to speak to Det Carl Horvath?”

 

 

 

“I’m Det…what the fuck are you doing here?!” He yells at me and pulls out his gun. He is immediately followed by a few of his colleagues!

 

 

 

“Wait! Wait! I know you don’t want to speak to me, but I have something…”

 

 

 

“Is any of that something fucking remorse?!” He growls, slowly lowering his gun.

 

 

 

“I tried, but he didn’t want to know.” I flush. “But I was visited again by...uh…”

 

 

 

He frowns before signalling that the rest of them to lower their guns. “With me!” He orders and leads me to an interview room.

 

 

 

“Interview between Det Carl Horvath and Christopher Mark Hobbs. Recording starts at 1456. So what are you doing here?”

 

 

 

They came round again a couple of weeks ago, and this time they were sober.”

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks