- Text Size +

CHAPTER 81 - LITTLE MR BIG MOUTH TALKS...THEN WALKS

 

 

 

CRAIG TAYLOR’S RESIDENCE - THREE DAYS BEFORE PREMIERE

 

 

 

OFFICE

 

 

 

CRAIG

 

 

 

“Craig Taylor. It’s who? Who the hell is this? Oh the Pittsburgh News. What can I do for you? Yes, he…” I listen as they tell me about the film premiere my degenerate son is holding for his film and want to know how I feel now that my son is a multi-millionaire and one half of the power-gays in Pittsburgh and the wider Eastern area. “I have no comment.” I snarl and slam the phone down.

 

 

 

I look around my office and am furious! When I married Jennifer I had it made; easy access to the money because of the cowed nature of the WASP woman. But then he jumped his inconsiderate, disrespectful little ass out of the closet and it all went to shit from there! I thought she would be as disgusted as me, but in the midst of all of that fucking bullshit, she grew a backbone and walked away. I never in a million years thought she would do that! I still had Molly or so I thought. But instead, she backed her sissy brother and went to live with her bitchy mother!

 

 

 

Now, here I am with just one store to my name...my headquarters...and he’s living high on the fucking hog with that child molester! As the times moved on, my stores couldn’t keep up with the changes. I’m old fashioned and all this bullcrap about websites and shopping online wasn’t going to fly with me. But as business dwindled, land and property prices increased so I sold store after store. So against my vow to never think about the rogue half of my DNA again, I decide to see exactly what he has apparently achieved. An hour later, I have had two brandies to tamp down the nausea. He has children and is worth fucking millions! Well I think it’s time for them to meet their grandpa, and for grandpa to get a slice of that pie! Even if it takes lying about accepting his deviant lifestyle, that fag and his paedo-husband will return me to the manner of living I was once accustomed!

 

 

 

FBI, CARSON STREET

 

 

 

CONFERENCE ROOM 1

 

 

 

JAMES

 

 

 

The gang's all here! We’re gathering all the pictures and intel on them. Brown and Coltrane have been laughing over her damsel routine. Ward has been crowing because he got the graphic novel signed, and, much to my annoyance, he gave it to my boy claiming it was his idea! He fessed up an hour later though, telling him I had asked him to do it. Although it is a bit too old for him, at 14, I would rather know he was reading it rather than that he went behind my back to read it anyway. But now we have two copies at home, one that he’s reading and the signed one, which he insisted is kept in the safe.

 

 

 

“So anything else?”

 

 

 

“Pittsburgh News contacted his father. He said no comment, but his business is for shit and he’s been Googling them both.” Brown replies, reading over Ward’s shoulder. “Go back a page... We weren’t this far ahead, were we?” It takes the silence to make them both look up. “What? Seriously, this is really good!”

 

 

 

“Meanwhile back to the case...there has been some button pushing according to Horvath. They were in the diner at the same time as the family and it was let slip that not only does Ruth still have her rights, but she’s had her son. It was not received well at all. Exhibit 3D. Ward is going to ramp it…” I pause as our recording tech comes in and mouths Craig… then Hobbs’ phone starts to ring.

 

 

 

“Send it to voicemail?” Ward asks, but I shake my head. “One, two, three...go!”

 

 

 

“Hobbs.” He answers

 

 

 

“Christopher, how are you? It’s Craig, Justin’s f-father.”

 

 

 

“And?”

 

 

 

“Um...and I just wanted to catch up with the son of an old friend. I was sorry to hear about your father, but I have been out of the state for many months now building my business. You understand?”

 

 

 

“Thanks. Now we’re all caught up…”

 

 

 

“Not so fast, son. Now that I am back, I’ve been hearing some interesting tidbits about your father and…”

 

 

 

“What do you want?”

 

 

 

“Let’s meet for lunch and discuss it, say tomorrow at 1.30 at the club? Just so you know that wasn’t a question.” He hangs up abruptly and we just stare at each other.

 

 

 

“Did that just happen?” Coltrane looks astonished. “What is it with people from that neck of the woods? Do they inbreed?”

 

 

 

“Coltrane, did you have to?! But in answer to your other question, I think so...play it back!” I order and sure enough he did call and there it is. The implied threat! “I need to speak to Hobbs about Taylor. Not sure where his father fits in, but I…oh for goodness sake, give me that!” I snatch the book from Ward and he grimaces. “You can get it back when...oh hell no!” I declare when I look at the turned down pages. “I will find a bookmark for you, you do not turn down the corners of pages...sacrilege! Anyway, where was I? Oh yes Hobbs... I’m going to see him and get the scoop directly from him.”

 

 

 

I stalk out muttering dark thoughts about whippersnappers and their inability to know basic book etiquette!

 

 

 

HOLDING HOUSE OF CHRIS HOBBS - TWO HOURS LATER

 

 

 

LOUNGE

 

 

 

HOBBS

 

 

 

I look at Agent Tan in disbelief. “He actually said this?” He nods and then plays the recording. When it’s done, I am fucking furious! “So what do I have to do?”

 

 

 

“You?” He looks confused.

 

 

 

“Yeah. From the back your guy looks like me, but there is no way he will fool Taylor. It has to be me.” He sits back and regards me carefully. “You know I’m right, don’t you?” I declare with a small smirk and narrowed eyes.

 

 

 

“You a virgin?” He demands and I’m so surprised by the question that I just nod. “You do anything that jeopardizes this operation and you won’t be one for long and it won’t be pretty! Clear?”

 

 

 

I swallow hard. “Crystal, sir.”

 

 

 

“Good boy. So here’s what’s going to happen…”

 

 

 

COUNTRY CLUB - LUNCH TIME, NEXT DAY

 

 

 

PRIVATE DINING ROOM

 

 

 

CRAIG

 

 

 

Oh, this I am looking forward to! When he called back and told me where he had booked, I knew he had taken my subtle message on board. I didn’t have much to do with them after his trial. It was enough that I celebrated the victory with them and that our plan worked. But Jennifer and I were still going back and forth to divorce court, and I had to protect my ass and assets. So my focus was there, after I made sure justice was indeed served to those fags. I help myself to another brandy, as I look over the information I gathered about young Hobbs. He’s inherited his father’s firm, he can afford it! The door opening brings in the waiter.  

 

 

 

“Some canapes, sir. We have been contacted by Mr Hobbs. He is running late because of traffic, but he didn’t want you to go hungry while waiting.”

 

 

 

“Just leave them on the table.” I order and wait for him to leave. “Caviar? What a nice touch!” I mutter, popping a salmon blini into my mouth and relishing the taste. This is the delicacy I will have on a more permanent basis which is as it should be. Instead of my usual of fucking TV dinners from Swanson or Stoffers or whatever else is microwavable. Another 40 minutes pass before the door opens again, and this time it is Hobbs.

 

 

 

“Christopher, how are you?” I smile.

 

 

 

“Fine, thank you. How are you, Mr Taylor?”

 

 

 

“Please call me Craig. We’re going to be working very closely in the future.”

 

 

 

“We are?” He frowns.

 

 

 

“Yes. You want to preserve the family name of Hobbs Construction and in order for that to happen, certain things need to be kept under wraps.”

 

 

 

“What things?” He looks at me blankly.

 

 

 

“Your father’s influence in getting you a lighter sentence.” I smirk at his stunned expression and take another sip of brandy. “He, I mean we, but mostly he, paid a lot of money for you to get what little punishment you did. Those witnesses and some of the jury weren’t cheap you know, and neither was the judge!”

 

 

 

“He, I mean you two, bought the judge?!” He gasps, sitting back and reaching for his brandy.

 

 

 

“You mean, you didn’t know? Oh come on you must have had some idea!” He shakes his head. “Well, no matter. Now you know what I know. And they say knowledge is power. Hobbs Construction would be decimated in seconds if this came out. So what you, Christopher, are going to do is help me to resurrect the fortunes of Taylor Electronics and…”

 

 

 

“I don’t own Hobbs Construction.” He interrupts coldly, standing up. “And even if I did, I would not help you!”

 

 

 

“What do you mean, you don’t own it? It’s your father’s firm!” I bluster and grab his arm to stop him from leaving.

 

 

 

“In name only. Like you were a father to Justin in name only. Take your hand off me!” He orders.

 

 

 

This is not going the way I figured it would and I have to try another tactic. I fucking need him!

 

 

 

“I have to say I am very disappointed in this attitude, but part of me expected it. If your father was here, he would be so disappointed. So, what I’m going to do is have myself attacked and blame you for it. With your history of violence and me being who I am, now that I have reconnected with my son, well…”

 

 

 

“You are a sick man!” He snarls at me.

 

 

 

“No, my son is sick! The man he is married to is a molester! I stand for everything that is decent and good in the world!”

 

 

 

“Wherever he gets it from it isn’t you!” He spits

 

 

 

“What are you talking about and where are you going? We’re not done here! Didn’t you hear what I said?!”

 

 

 

“Justin...he came to see me with his husband, not his molester. His husband! And I heard you perfectly...as did they.” He smirks as he opens the door and there are four men outside.

 

 

 

“Who the fuck are you?!” I shout as one of them approaches.

 

 

 

“My name is Agent Brown. You, Craig Taylor, are under arrest for Attempted Extortion, Jury Tampering, Bribery and threatening behaviour. You have the right to remain silent…”

 

 

 

“What?! No! Hobbs! Hobbs! Get back here!” I shout, but he just walks away without a backward glance.

 

 

 

“Who was the judge in the trial again?” One of the men asks.

 

 

 

“Russo. Judge Roy Russo. He got glued to a toilet seat for 14 hours!” He laughs. “I remember reading about it and thinking how ingenious that was!”

 

 

 

As they take me out, I hear one of them on the phone. “Yes, can I speak to DA Foster? I’ve got something he needs to hear about Judge Russo.”

 

 

 

“Is there a deal we can come up with so that I stay out of this?” I ask one of them.

 

 

 

“No.” Is his short reply. “And by the way, I don’t believe the Taylor-Kinneys would ever associate with human vermin. So yeah, that one phone call you’re entitled to, probably shouldn’t be to them. Just saying.” He snickers as I am led out of the country club in front of the laughing, pointing and shocked onlookers. Fucking Justin! Fucking Hobbs! This is all their fault!

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks.