- Text Size +

CHAPTER 84 - AND THEY MAKE THEIR MOVE

PITTSBURGH CINEMA POST-SCREENING

MICHAEL

I look at the screen as it fades to black in complete astonishment. I am about to say something when there is thunderous applause and members of the audience are standing up!

“Oh, that was great!” Kevin shouts applauding. “Can’t wait for Volume II!” He grins, gathering his things. “You guys fancy a drink and we discuss our opinions? That’s what we normally do after movie night.”

“Oh we’d love to wouldn’t we, Michael?” I jolt at the jab in the ribs and smile in agreement.

HIGHLANDER PUB, SHADYSIDE - AN HOUR LATER

LINDSAY

“I didn’t think it would take that long to get a cab!” I exclaim and take the drink from Fred with a smile. “So, what did you all think of the movie?”

“It’s an anime Lindz, completely different from a movie. No matter how many times I tell her she still gets it wrong.” Michael smirks. “As for the anime itself, the story was confusing and…”

“How was it confusing?” Kevin asks. “I thought it was pretty clear. And as a love story, it was beautifully told, so gentle and sweet. I thought that Jules and Byron, especially, were cute!”

“Cute?!” Michael snorts. “How are they cute?!”

“Think about it...” Fred interjects “The character, Byron, has lived his life the way he wanted to, in spite of the interference of his alleged best friend Mika. Then in a space of a day, along comes this kid that just takes his breath and heart away. And…”

“Oh excuse me, I couldn’t help overhearing…” A man from the next table turns around. “Are you talking about Rage Unleashed?”

“Yes, we just saw it. I…” Michael begins.

“Wasn’t it wonderful? And I agree with you, um, sorry. I’m Phil and this is my partner, Jermaine. Mind if we join you?”

“No, of course not.” Fred shifts along so the tables can be pulled together and introductions made. “So what did you think? Who were your favourite characters and you can’t take Byron or Jules...they’re a given!”

“I liked Elvis…” Fred pauses and pulls out the pamphlet. “...ah he is based on a friend, Emmett Honeycutt.”

“Did you see their press conference before the premiere in San Fran? Oh, they are so gorgeous!”

“Conference?” I repeat. “No, I didn’t. I’m not au fait with them, so…”

“Yes, they explained why... sorry they didn’t explain, but Justin did. He said why they had done their story this way as opposed to restarting the comic that he and the godawful writer had done before. Now what was his name? Oh never mind; he’s unimportant now that he has Ginny!” Jermaine grins and I watch Michael flinch. “Have any of you read it before its re-release? Oh my goodness the dialogue in that thing... it was interminable to read! But then again, we didn’t read it for the writing. Now though with Justin and Ginny writing it, we all would. The story on screen is absolutely amazing so I can only imagine what it would be like in real life! Anyway, I thought the way they portrayed him doing his first blow job was so sweetly done, a bit of realism...unlike some movies where the virgin gets it right first time. And when Byron kept telling him no, begging him to stop before he came! Then their first actual time...whooee and wowsers! Totally climactic in so many ways.” He laughs. “But who wants to bet that Elvis and Brains get together?”

“Oh definitely! Now let me see...ah Brains is based on Benjamin Bruckner. Hubba-hubba!”

“And what did you think of the bad guys?” Patrick asks and I feel like I am in comic book hell!

“Ice-Tina and her Denizens of Darkness! How accurate and befitting was that name?!” Kevin laughs and I’m irked for some reason!

Jermaine joins in the laughter before clearing his throat. “Apparently, they were based on people that were in their lives who tried to split them up, but they were strong enough to fight them off. They are and I quote...are of no importance now. There is nothing they can do to us that would impact us in any way.

“What was wrong with the dialogue in the comic?” Michael snipes. As usual, he’s slow on the uptake. “I thought it was very well written.”

“You must have been the only one.” Kevin chuckles. “Although I loved the way they got rid of Mika...now that was a masterstroke, turning that bitchy queen into a girl...not even a woman but a mouthy, jealous little tweenager!”

“Why?” Michael demands and I watch Kevin frown. Will it kill Michael to calm down?

“Because like most tweenagers he doesn’t think of anyone but himself, and that’s despite being a supposed adult! He wasn’t interested in Byron for Byron. He was interested in keeping Byron chained to him...for the prestige that it offered. Mika certainly had fuck all else going for him! I mean, can you imagine having an actual friend like that? One constantly demanding your attention, bitching and whining at every turn when he doesn’t get his way? Ugh! It would be like constantly having to raise a perpetual three year old! He makes poisoning people like him with arsenic sound like it should be inscribed in law in Gayopolis.”

“According to the story…” Michael continues. “They were best friends and they always supported each other.”

“But it was one sided! There is certainly a difference between offering support and being so entitled that said support is expected, whether deserved or not. Mika wanted what he wanted especially where Byron was concerned, regardless of whether Byron wanted it or not! He never cared about Byron’s feelings, his needs, his wants...he just ignored them. What kind of real friend only takes and never gives back? I absolutely abhor people with that FYF mentality.”

“FYF?” I ask. I’d never heard of that even while taking the requisite psych classes in college.

“Yes. FYF is an acronym for Fuck Your Feelings. It’s people like Mika that makes me want to give them quite a few doses of FFF...as in Fast Flying Fists. But back to the movie, as for Calista… Jeez, what an arrogant bitch she was! She wasn’t all that handsome as a man, and only passable as a woman. Actually, the prettiest she was, was as her true self. At least one would know what they are getting behind the carefully made-up facade. Women like her make me quadruple glad that I am gay!”

Are you fucking kidding me? That characterisation of me is disgusting!

“I thought what they did with Stockwell was interesting. Changing him to be like that...another stroke of genius! Not that he’s going to see it where he is right now!” Kevin laughs. “Actually, maybe they could run it on a loop just for him. A homophobe featured in a bona fide, in-your-face gay movie is sure to itch his ass no matter his role in it!” He signals the waiter. “You guys want to eat?”

“Yes, please! It’s so good to be able to discuss movies and animation with like-minded people!” Michael exclaims.

For the next two hours, they argue about everything Rage Unleashed and the more they talk about it, the more insulted I feel about how I have been written! And judging by the filthy looks and eye rolling Mika...I mean Michael feels the same!

FBI BUILDING, CARSTON STREET - AFTERNOON, NEXT DAY

MEETING ROOM 1

AGENT COLTRANE

We are still chuckling about last night. The expressions crossing their faces as we decimated Ice-Tina and Zephyra, were hysterical, especially Michael’s. I think he actually was frothing at the mouth at one point! I had to kick Jermaine under the table to get him to rein it in a bit.

“So what do you think they will do?” James asks.

“Well I figure the article in the paper should spur them on. Pissed off criminals always get arrogant and are as likely to fuck up. Add ignorant, incredibly narcissistic and vindictive to the mix and well...” Ward smirks and James rolls his eyes and sighs.

“What have you done now, Whipper?”

When Ward gets up and goes to the door, he calls for Connor then brings in some copies of a newspaper back to the table. “This…” He looks pleased with himself.

We read the article in silence. It’s from the Taylor-Kinneys explaining that now the premiere is over, they are taking their children to their ranch in Texas to recuperate and rebond in peace and quiet.

“Okay, why?” Jermaine asks. “Wait…” He starts to look through the paperwork. “They…”

“Don’t have a place in Texas.” James smiles proudly at Ward. “Well done, Snapper! Well done. This means they have to make their move sooner rather than later.”

MICHAEL AND LINDSAY’S HOUSE - AFTERNOON

SPARE BEDROOM

LINDSAY

I’m taking my time with this room. I need it to be perfect. Okay, so they are not going to be in the room for long, but it’s my blueprint for their rooms in Britin. I sigh as, yet again, Michael slams the front door as he comes in.

“Lindz! Where are you?!”

“Gus’s room.” I call back and he storms in.

“We have to move now!” He paces up and down.

“Where to?” I frown.

“No. I mean we have to go and get Gus now!”

“What on earth is the matter with you?!” I stop his pacing. Taking the paper out of his hand, I read it quickly. “What fucking place in Texas?!”  I demand.

BRITIN - VERY EARLY MORNING, TWO DAYS LATER

MASTER BEDROOM

BRIAN

“Ouch!” I smile as Harper’s head connects with my chin as she turns her head in her sleep.

“Okay, I concede. She sleeps just like me!” Justin chuckles as Lee rests peacefully on his chest.

“Thank you.” I grin at him and adjust Harper then smile down at her. Like Lee, she has taken to sucking her thumb, which I am more than happy with because now she’s stopped pulling my hair.

“So what’s the plan today?” He starts to nibble his lip. “Did you see Ward’s idea for the article?”

“Yes, which is why we are staying in. I don’t know about you, but I just want to be with you and the kids. The rest of the family is at Heavenly, so they are fine.” I look across at the clock. “And I think it’s time for these little Carummies to go back to their bedroom and then I can turn that frown of yours upside down.”

He grins and slides out of bed. I follow him to their bedroom and they settle down without any problem. Quickly we creep back to our room and as soon as the door is shut, he looks at me through his lashes. “Where do you want me?” I ask softly.

“On the bed, on your back.” He replies quietly and I lie down. He opens the windows and there is a gentle breeze, causing a skittering of goosebumps to rise up across my body. But that is soon forgotten as he lies down on top of me, and sets about plundering my mouth. Now normally, I like to take control of the kiss; there is just something so very sensually satisfying rendering him dazed and confused from a kiss, but I know he needs this. He needs the control right now.

As his tongue caresses mine, I bury my hands in his hair, but it’s just to gently massage his skull with my fingertips. The soft moan in my mouth tells me this is a good thing! For the next however how long, we just kiss. He sucks on my bottom lip as I suckle his top one. Our tongues dance and then slowly we stop and just look at each other. Our mouths are swollen, our cocks twitching, and our bodies slicked with sweat and pre-cum. “Now?” I ask and he nods. Gently, he lifts my legs and I wrap them round his waist. He works me open, first with one finger, then two, then three and then four...I almost come from that alone. “Oh God!” I whisper. “I want you inside me.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, but go slow.” I reply.

“Like the first time?” He smiles.

“Make me feel good, like only you can.” I plead quietly, then arch my back and gasp as he slides inside. He hits me just right first time. “Oh!”

“Brian.” He moans, burying his face in my neck before he starts to thrust, slow and deep. Five minutes later, we are a mess...a hot sticky, cum covered, happy quivering mess!

GUS’S SCHOOL - THREE DAYS AFTER THE PREMIERE

LINDSAY

I have managed to set this up perfectly. Now I am waiting outside for Gus to come out. As the children swarm out, I see him and my heart beats faster. He has grown so much! I get out of the car quickly and head towards him.

“Gus!” I call out and he doesn’t hear me. So I run to catch up to him. “Gus!”

“Go away!” He snaps and keeps walking.

“Gus, its mommy!” I tell him.

“No, my mommy doesn’t look like you!”

“Gus look at me...look at me!” I tell him firmly and take off my wig. “See, its mommy.”

“Mommy? Hello. What are you doing here dressed like that?”

“We’re going to surprise daddy and papa with a party because guess what?”

“What?” He asks excitedly, taking my hand.

“I’m going to be living with you very soon. Isn’t that great?”

“Yes, mommy!”

As we head to the car, I smile to myself. Everything's going just as I planned!

DINER - TWENTY MINUTES LATER

MICHAEL

I feel like shit! I think it was the take-out we had last night because Lindsay said she was feeling rotten as well as Fred and Kevin. We are never ordering from that place again! We hadn’t heard from Hobbs since the last call and it turns out that fucker has skipped out of his house. I went there and it was being closed down! So I’ve lost over a grand on his flight and hotel!

I watch from the other side of the street as Brian and Boy Wonder go in with the carriers and hope that Lindsay gets here soon. I still don’t understand why we can’t take JR as well, but right now, I’m grateful as I feel so ill!

Five minutes after they went in, Butch Ruth heads into the diner with a carrier. This is just too good to be true! We had been hanging round Liberty Avenue and heard that Ma was, of course, throwing them a going away brunch, but for Ruth to be here as well is excellent!

I reach for my phone as it buzzes in my pocket. “Lindz, all three of them are in the diner!” I hiss. “Do you have him yet? Great!” I listen to her rabbit on for a minute or two and then I see Ben with JR. Might as well get four for the price of three! I head back to the car and smile to myself. It’s a genius idea of hers to get the same carriers as they have for the babies. Hobbs managed to get us some good information before he fucked off! I take another swig of water before heading to the diner.

AGENT TAN

“He’s on the move! We’ve got her covered!” I rap out into my mike.

I watch him cross over and then follow him inside taking a seat by the counter. As I look around, I see that everyone in here is either one of ours or one of Mr Koslov’s. As they chat and laugh, I watch him slowly make his way to the carriers where they are sleeping and turn them to face the window. He takes out Harper and covers her with his coat. Then he takes her outside and returns to do the same thing with Lee and then Carlo. Afterwards, he heads to the bathroom following Ben...oh how stupid is this man?!

I rush to the bathroom and find Justin towering above an unconscious Michael, shaking out his hand. “Just one more thing and you can take him.”

“Two min…” I pause as he takes out something revolting looking and proceeds to pour it over his soon to be incarcerated nemesis.

“Done, he’s all yours.”

I follow him out, taking in lungfuls of fresh air. “We need a hazmat suit! And two volunteers to put it on him...Jesus, that angel has fucking horns!”

MICHAEL AND LINDSAY’S HOUSE - 90 MINUTES LATER

LINDSAY

I keep looking for the van and I can’t call him. I have to wait for him to call to say, at least, where the fuck he is!

“Mommy…”

“Gus, can you go back to your room for a minute? I’m waiting for some special guests.”

“Okay, but I’m getting a bit bored now.” He points out tartly and my spine stiffens at his rudeness, clearly he is spending too much time without social niceties!

My phone beeps and it’s a text from Michael. Had to park round the back, no space in the communal area. Come and help me!

“Gus, Mommy has to go out to help a friend real quick. Do not move from your room, do you understand?”

“Yes!” He shouts back down.

I rush out the back, eager to get them inside before anybody sees. I open the side door with a grin as Michael messes about in the front seat. “Who do I take first?! I call out.

How about mamma?!” A voice growls and then a fist connects with my face. As I lie there about to slip into unconsciousness, I thought I saw Ruth!

ALLEGHANY HOSPITAL - SECURE UNIT, THREE HOURS LATER

LINDSAY’S ROOM

LINDSAY

My head feels like it weighs a ton and my jaw is throbbing. I try to sit up, but I can’t. It’s then that I hear the sound of chains.

“Ah, mommie dearest is awake.” A voice drawls and I scrunch up my eyes to clear my vision, looking round the room.

“Where am I?” I mutter,

“AG in a Secure Unit. How you feeling?” I turn to the voice and am surprised to see Fred. “As a cold cocking goes, that was impressive!”

“What?” I mumble.

“When Ruth punched you for taking her kids with your accomplice, Michael Novotny… or should we call him Devore now?”

“My accom...no-no, this was all him. Fred, you have to get my phone. Get my phone NOW!” I insist urgently.

“What’s the code?” He demands, having dumped the bag on my stomach, a little too hard in my opinion.

“9854. Look at the texts! Look at the texts!” I order frantically.” This cannot be happening!

“Okay, so the last one... You want us to believe is from Michael Devore, telling you to go to Gus’s school to pick him up because Mel said that you could, right?”

“Yes! Yes!” I declare. “I would never have gone there…”

“Dressed like a housefrau?”

“Housefr...” I frown and try to jumpstart my brain again. “What do you mean us?”

“Sorry, excuse my manners. My name is Federal Agent Brown and my partner in law is Federal Agent Coltrane and you Lindsay Peterson along with Michael Novotny or Devore are both under arrest for kidnapping, attempted extortion, breach of restraining order and threatening behaviour with malice of forethought via a third party… oh, and an added bonus for you is to be arrested for conspiracy with intent to harm. As for Mr. Devore, he’s also being charged with Breaking and Entering the residence of the Taylor-Kinneys without their express permission. And all of this was premeditated so the insanity defense is not applicable.” He finishes triumphantly.

I slip into Damsel mode, making my voice sound both pleading and frantic at the same time. “What are you talking about? This was all Michael and…Chris Hobbs! They did this! I had no idea…”

“Then why did you go to the van?” He demands. “And why do you have two rooms set up for children when there are no children present? Though I have to say, the cellar and the food poisoning was a nice touch. To give it to all four of us, well three of us that was a genius stroke. How exactly were you going to do the cellar thing?

“Food poisoning? Cellar? I had nothing to do with this! Michael ordered and plated up the food remember?! And…” I stop and then realise what he said earlier. “Wait, you said Federal Agent…”

“Ah we’re all caught up, aren’t we?” He sneers. “We’ve been watching and bugging you for days. This was all you, Ms Peterson. All you!”

MICHAEL’S ROOM

MICHAEL

I open one eye and then the other. I feel like shit and actually smell like shit...what the fuck happened?!

“Ah, the man of my dreams is awake!” I snap my eyes open, then turn my head and am faced with Brian! “Michael, you’ve changed your outside to match your inside!”

“Brian, what the hell happened?! The last thing I remember…”

“Was taking Carlo to your van; having taken our daughters? Let me tell you the rest; you then followed Ben into the bathroom in the hopes of taking Gumdrop, too. But Justin clotheslined you.” He snickers. “And then covered you in a special sauce he made all by himself from himself amongst others….”

“What?” I swallow hard as the realisation hits me. “That’s disgusting!”

“You tried to kidnap our children. I think that’s bit more disgusting, don’t you?”

“Kidnap? Don’t be silly, Brian! I would never do that to you!” I protest while trying not to breathe through my nose or drown in the bile, rising up as I can taste that smell!

“Yes you would, Mr Devore and yes you did! You, along with Lindsay, were going to take them to supposedly bring me to heel. In the process, once again, you were going to force Justin from my life. But what you failed to realise is that you were never going to factor in her version of the future. As Nancy said to you before I believe, Lindsay looks after one person and that is Lindsay. She’s one of the most selfish and self-absorbed people in the world with you ranking close behind her. So give the poor, abused hamster in your head a much-deserved rest, by not trying to voice the denials I can see forming in your eyes and let me explain. You see Michael, Lindsay, your bestest buddy was going to hang this all on you. While you’re lying, literally and figuratively, there recuperating...well as much as you can anyway... take a good look at the cold, hard facts and for once, see the truth of things and not what you want to see. It shouldn’t be that difficult, should it? Now I’m going to go home to our children and once they are in bed, I’m going to fuck my beautiful husband’s brains out. But before that, I’m going to spank him for only hitting you once. Trust me... I would not have been as merciful. Be thankful it was him. Goodbye and fuck you!”

Chapter End Notes:

Please review kindly and constructively. Thanks