- Text Size +

VICKY

 

Diana and I married chumps, they'll do anything not to go shopping. Which includes falling for us saying we were dress shopping. We started talking about going to look for clothes for New York, in order to fool the men. I planned to do that too, because I wanted to look good when I met my brother, but Diana and I didn’t like be left out of things. We both wanted to see the people who screwed with Brian. Dad told me that I couldn’t be bitchy to Brian’s mother, after I told him how I felt about what she did to Brian. So I decided to find someone no one would care if I told my thoughts to on how Brian was treated. We got to the diner and Diana grabbed my hand and dragged me to an open booth. We were sitting there for a few minutes when some guy comes over and tells us that it’s his table.

 

“I didn’t know they had seating charts, did you?” Diana asks sarcastically.

 

“I saw the sign that said seat yourself, is there a reason you think this booth belongs to you?” I asked him.

 

“Everyone here knows, if I come in, this is my booth,” He tells us.

 

“Actually Michael, it's for anyone who comes here to eat, not bitch. Hello girls, I'm Kiki and it will be my pleasure to serve you today,” Kiki tells us, pushing Michael out of her way.

 

“Ma isn’t going to be happy you took HER customers,” He tells her.

 

“Then she should be over here, not chatting with Mel and Lindsay, who only seem to be here for free coffee and bitching about how Brian won’t pay for their asses. I don't think the owner sees it as a bad thing to wait on PAYING customers,” She tells him, breathing in deep.

 

“Why not share the booth, we're new to the area. Maybe you could tell us all about it,” I tell him.

 

“Find a tour guide. I don't have anything to tell you,” He tells us, going to the counter.

 

“Sorry about that, he thinks he owns the place. What can I get you?” She asks us.

 

“I'll take the turkey on wheat, hold everything but the cheese and lettuce,” I tell her.

 

“I'll take the breakfast special with everything on the hash browns,” Diana tells her.

 

She stared at us for a second then shook her head writing down the order. “I need to see if we still have whole wheat. We quit carrying it when another customer stopped coming here.” She tells me, looking down.

 

“If not I can take it without the bread. Carbs aren’t really my friend,” I tell her.

 

“He didn’t like them either,” She tells us, walking away.

 

“Why are you waiting on my table?” Deb shouts at Kiki.

 

“I'm sure they didn't want to wait for you to finish the bitching session to get served!” Kiki shouts back.

 

“I planned to take care of them when they moved out of Michael’s booth. The girls were just waiting for him to get here. So when they move their asses to another booth, then they can get service, FROM ME, not you!” Deb shouts.

 

“How about I get Matt out here and you tell him that, I’m sure he’ll tell you that you don’t get to decided who we serve based on what your son comes over to complain to you about,” Kiki tells her.

 

“Is there a problem?” A guy comes out of the back and asks.

 

“Yes. I’m trying to take care of paying customers, and because Deb and Michael think they own the booth the people who ordered food sat at, Deb seems to think they should move to make Michael, and the two who aren’t paying for coffee, happy. I assumed you’d rather let the customers who came to pay to eat, get served. Deb thinks we should just ignore paying customers,” Kiki tells him.

 

“There were three other booths they could have sat in,” Michael whines at the guy.

 

“So could you. Maybe it’s time for you to sit at a booth other than the one your mother forgets is part of the diner and not her kitchen, which is where you should go if you want to eat for free. If you want to eat here, I’m sure the rest of my staff will be happy to hand you the bill,” He tells Michael.

 

“I use my employee discount,” Deb tells him.

 

“Last I checked the owner decided YOU get a free meal, not you and all your son's friends,” He tells her.

 

“Fine, then Kiki, we expect service as good as Deb’s,” The blonde says, looking put out.

 

“My service includes a bill for coffee. Have a seat while I take care of all the tables Deb couldn’t, because she was too busy with you,” Kiki tells them, grabbing plates for another table.

 

They got up and sat in the booth behind us, bitching about having to cater to Kiki lately. Deb threw her apron on the counter and told everyone she was taking her break. I almost got up to help Kiki when she looked ready to throw my sandwich at the woman.

 

“It’s a wonder anyone eats here,” Diana tells me.

 

“If you have a problem with it, there’s the fucking door,” Deb tells us.

 

“I would if you were the one serving us, but I want to make sure Kiki gets a huge tip for actually doing not only her job, but yours too,” I tell her, wanting to yank that atrocious wig off her head.

 

DEB

 

“Ignore them, we need to figure out how to get Ted away from Brian,” Michael tells me.

 

“Ted isn’t going to listen, because you couldn’t resist taunting him when he was in the hospital,” Lindsay tells him.

 

“If Mel had told me that Ted gave Brian his POA, I would have made him change it before Brian got everything I should have,” Michael tells us.

 

“He made a mistake trusting in Brian, and not the man who loves him, Baby,” I tell Michael.

 

“Yeah, you really loved Ted, or was it the guy you fucked while he was in the hospital?” Lindsay laughs.

 

“That's not true,” I tell her, pissed she could think Michael would do something like that.

 

“I was at least in a relationship with the guy supporting me. I didn’t treat Ted any differently than you treated Brian. I had more right to expect Ted to support me, because I gave him what he wanted, me. I can’t help that sleeping with him made me turn to other men,” Michael tells Lindsay.

 

“And have half of Liberty Avenue telling everyone about your brand of love,” Lindsay taunts.

 

“The fucker has people willing to lie for him, otherwise Lindsay and I wouldn’t have looked like we were neglecting her kid,” Mel tells us.

 

“I told you we should have just hired someone with some of the money we were using,” Lindsay tells us.

 

“You had to make the fucker think it wasn’t how you wanted to raise your son. Telling him you didn’t want your child to be raised the way Mommy raised you,” Mel complains.

 

“If you two don’t straighten up and stop getting in trouble, it won’t matter. Brian isn’t the one throwing wild parties, you are,” I tell them.

 

“I still think I should go see if I could ‘talk’ to the brother,” Lindsay smirks. “I’m sure I could show him that Gus should be with me,” She tells us, slyly.

 

“I doubt it, but you know, I wouldn’t mind watching my husband tell you what he thinks of your bleached blonde ass,” The woman from behind Lindsay tells her, pouring tea all over Lindsay and Mel.

 

“Sorry, Diana tends to not like anyone thinking CJ’s up for grabs. I really came for the entertainment, which you supplied in spades. I’m Brian’s sister, Vicky,” The other woman says, dumping the loaded hash browns all over Michael and me. “Kiki, thank you for bringing the extra chili, I think it made the hash browns perfect. My husband will love hearing that you think you can neglect a child and still be allowed near my nephew. I really think who ever Ted is, he’s probably happier without you and your son. I have so much to tell my brother. Thanks,” Vicky tells us, handing Kiki a fifty.

 

“YOU BITCH!” Lindsay yelled, launching herself at Vicky. I didn’t understand why both girls smiled as they took on Mel and Lindsay.

 

JUSTIN

 

It’s harder to ignore someone when you know you could be with them. I have spent way too much time on what his hands would feel like touching me everywhere. I’d also been sort of soloing it when I decided to have Lily, so the urge to test drive her other father is there. He doesn’t help when he shows up in ratty cut-off jeans and a sleeveless Tee to move things around my house. I’m left staring when his shirt rides up and shows me a happy trail that demands I follow it. I spent the whole day thinking even an ice bath wouldn’t help, when he flexes and I have to watch his arms as they lift the bed he was putting in Lily’s room. Then I looked away from all that was Brian, to the twin bed.

 

“I got the idea that your brother and brother-in-law were big guys,” I tell him.

 

“Around my size,” He tells me.

 

“They both have wives, right?” I ask.

 

“So I'm told,” He says, putting kids sheets on the bed.

 

“Then explain the bed,” I tell him.

 

“Gus likes to sleep in his own bed,” He tells me.

 

“So it's here, why?” I ask.

 

“Because if anyone is staying here, I would think it should be Lily’s father and brother. My brother and sister can use the rooms in my house,” He tells me.

 

“I thought we were going to take this slowly,” I tell him.

 

“We are. I'll take your studio, and Lily can stay in here with Gus. He won’t mind sharing with his sister. I want as much time as I can have with both my children,” He tells me.

 

I couldn’t think of an argument to his reasoning. His phone went off with him looking confused at the number.

 

BRIAN

 

I couldn’t figure out why I was getting a call from the Pittsburgh PD. It's not like I've had to call them since moving, and I know the restraining orders were all still in place. I answered, curious.

 

“Hello?” Came a woman's voice.

 

“Who is this?” I ask.

 

“Vicky. Um, could you get a hold of Dad? I think it would be better to have him deal with this,” She tells me.

 

“He's taking my son and daughter out for the day. What did you need him to deal with?” I ask.

 

“Are you sure you can't find him, because I don't need our big brother coming here. It just leads to him being a pain in the ass. It's not like I expected the crazy bitches to think they could kick Diana and my asses. Which they didn’t, just so you know. It wouldn’t have been a big deal if I hadn’t snatched the fucking monstrosity of a wig off Deb's head, but then whiny boy thinks having a penis should be all it takes to scare Diana and me. He didn’t realize we have men with real penises. Men who taught us how to take down any man, or in this case, boy. Unfortunately, it led to the cops taking us all in, because the manager wasn’t thrilled that most of the diner was destroyed by the flying bodies. By the way, someone named Todd told me to say hello and that everything was fine. He brought a couple bears to help us. It's just, no one's being released because the one chick, Mel, is trying to turn this into a gay bashing. How that's possible is anyone's guess. They tried to jump us first,” She says, giggling the whole time.

 

“Why are you not calling CJ or your husband?” I ask.

 

“They think we’re shopping, which could be because we told them we were. I really have to question how they would believe I'd shop Pittsburgh, when HELLO, New York and designer heaven waiting. I think they just wanted to watch the game, but it made it easier to get away. Only now I don't want to call to hear CJ ask who the crazy bitches really were, so maybe you could help out the sister who loves you best? Oh, and your favorite sister-in-law too?” She asks.

 

“Are you being charged?” I ask.

 

“That seems to be the problem. The sergeant can't make heads or tails out of what happened, with 'loud mouth' screaming over everyone. Kiki tried to tell the cops it was them, but we sort of dumped our lunch all over them when Lindsay said she should talk, and no she didn't mean talk, to CJ. Diana got a bit pissed, but hey, if someone implied that about Edward, boiling lava would be my choice, not tea. So, you know anyone who could save us from CJ and Edward?” She asks.

 

“I'll call Alex. Try to stay out of trouble until he gets there,” I tell her.

 

“My baby brother is awesome,” She tells me, hanging up.

 

“Is everything okay?” Justin asks.

 

“Give me a minute,” I tell him, calling Alex.

 

“Brian?” Alex answers.

 

“Yep, I need you to do something for my sister,” I tell him.

 

“What did Claire do?” He asks, clearly not thrilled.

 

“Nothing I know about, I'm talking about Vicky, the other one, and Diana, my sister-in-law. They apparently decided to check out the diner and from the sound of it, caused a brawl. Wait, they were only defending themselves when Lindsay, Mel, Michael, and Debra didn’t like the lunch Vicky and Diana served them,” I had to stop when laughter took over. “Could you get them, without telling CJ and Edward? Vicky doesn’t want to deal with big brother and husband,” I tell him.

 

“I'll handle it, no charge. I plan to hug the women who made you laugh,” He tells me, hanging up.

 

“You happy, is sexy,” Justin tells me.

 

“You standing next to a bed works for me,” I tell him, pouncing.