- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. This site holds no connection to and is not endorsed by: Channel IV, Russell T. Davies, Showtime, CowLip Productions or any of the other writers and producers of either the UK or the US/NA Queer As Folk series. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

a Film-strip-images-pictures-page-1-clipart-2.png

 

Chapter 1 - Setting the Scene.

 

“Shit, Justin. Could you please stop moping already? You were the one who begged me to get you this job. You could at least be a tiny bit happy about starting work today,” Daphne complained, elbowing her friend as they walked together into the old warehouse space that Backdoor Adventures, their new employer, was using for both its offices and as a makeshift soundstage.

 

“Sorry, Daph,” her attractive, blond-haired companion responded, offering up a conciliatory smile in apology. “I really am grateful for the job. You know I need the money pretty desperately. It’s just that . . . well, I didn’t think my life would end up like this. I mean, I’m supposed to be an artist, not a fucking porn star.”

 

“Well, Mr. Artist, as I see it, you only have three options at this point.” Daphne ticked off her friend’s possibilities on the fingers of her left hand. “One, you can cave in to your father’s wishes, renounce your evil gay ways, promise to be a good little straight boy from here on out, and beg him to let you crawl home. Of course, he’ll make you pull out of PIFA, go to Dartmouth to get a business degree, AND you’ll have to start dating girls, all of which I think you’d probably hate. Or, two, you can go on being a starving artist - literally - while you remain pure and true to your craft. Only, with that option, you’ll probably have to struggle along with one crappy job after another that will barely pay your rent, let alone earn you enough money to buy art supplies. Or, three, you can shut the fuck up, take the good-paying job your best friend had to beg her boss to let you have, and get over yourself.”

 

“You’re right. I know it. But, still, I just . . . I never thought I’d sink so low I’d be doing porn. It’s just so . . . so dirty, I guess. You know?” Justin ran out of words to use to complain about his new circumstances and fell silent.

 

“It’s not going to be like that at all, Justin,” Daphne insisted as she pulled open the door into the main offices. “Besides, I resent the implication that I would ever write icky, nasty, dirty stuff. That’s not what we’re doing here at all. I told you that Ted and I want to make this site completely different from your run-of-the-mill gay porn site.” Both Daphne and Justin stepped through the lobby area, the young writer gesturing for her friend to precede her down a narrow hallway lined with offices. “We’re not going to just have senseless, sweaty, sex scenes going 24/7 like other sites. Our porn is going to have backstories, plot, even romance. It’s going to not only be hot and sexy but a good watch too.” She led Justin into a small, sparsely furnished office that had a piece of copy paper taped to the door with her name ‘Daphne Chanders’ and the title ‘Head Writer’ printed on it. “I promise you, Justin, I’ll make you look great in all your scenes.”

 

“You better, Daphne. The only reason I agreed to this crazy plan is because you’re doing the writing,” Justin asserted, plopping down in the guest chair in front of the desk while Daphne settled into the desk chair and immediately logged onto the computer there. “It doesn’t really matter though, because I don’t have any choice. If I don’t earn some serious money real soon, I’m going to have to drop out of school. So I guess I’m going to have to swallow my scruples and do this thing.” The unsure young man took a deep breath and sat up straighter in his chair as if resigned to his fate. “What do I have to do first, then?”

 

“Well, first, I think we need to figure out a porn name for you,” Daphne suggested with a wicked grin.

 

“What? Why? Can’t I just go by ‘Justin’?”

 

“No. You don’t want people to know your real name, do you? I mean, just think about all the nutjobs that watch porn. Trust me. You really do NOT want them to know your real name,” Daphne insisted with a frown at her naive friend. “Besides, it’s tradition. All great porn stars have porn star names. It’s part of the mythos.”

 

“Fine. Whatever. So what do you suggest?” the young man gave up.

 

“I don’t know.” Daphne scrunched up her face in concentration as she thought through the quandary. “You could always go with something classic like . . . Dick Everhard or Jack Cummings or Spike Reardon or . . .”

 

“Stop, Daph,” Justin ordered, laughing at all the ridiculous suggestions. “You can’t be serious. Those are all completely absurd.”

 

“Well, of course they are. They’re porn names, for fuck’s sake! They're supposed to be outrageous.” She was laughing too, though.

 

“No way. There has to be something better.”

 

“Well, conventional wisdom says that your porn name is supposed to be the name of your favorite pet and the street you grew up on. So, what does that give us?” she asked.

 

“Um . . . Well, my favorite pet was my cat ‘Felicity’ and I grew up on 23rd Street, so that’s not going to work,” Justin giggled at the thought of going by the professional name ‘Felicity Twenty-three’.

 

“Shit, Justin, didn’t you ever have a more masculine pet than that?” Daphne was giggling now too.

 

“Not really. There was Felicity. Then my mom had a toy poodle named ‘Pepe’, but I hated that annoying little ankle biter, so I don’t really want to be named after him. And the only other pet we ever had was my sister’s pet bunny, ‘Thumper’. That’s the best I can do in the pet department, I’m afraid.”

 

“Great, so we have Thumper Humper and Pepe Street . . . Wait, didn’t your parents used to live on Rockwood back when we were in middle school? That would work!” Daphne sounded much more enthusiastic with that option. “So, Thumper Rockwood, it is!” They both cackled at that silly suggestion.

 

“What self-respecting porn star would go by ‘Thumper’?” a deep, mellifluous baritone voice interrupted their snickering, causing both Justin and Daphne to look up at the visitor who was casually slouching in the doorway to Daphne’s office.

 

And what a visitor he was! Justin thought that he had never seen a hotter guy in his entire life. This guy LOOKED the part of a porn star. He was tall and slim, built a bit like a swimmer, with broad shoulders and a narrow waist that sloped down to hips Justin had a hard time pulling his eyes away from. The visitor’s shirt was open to just above the navel, revealing beautiful, tawny skin, glistening slightly with the summer’s heat. When Justin finally pulled his gaze upwards, he saw a sexy smirk settled on a perfect mouth, below a pair of enigmatic hazel eyes. Fuck, the man was perfect.

 

“No, you’re definitely not a ‘Thumper’,” the beautiful visitor said. “You need something hot, not something that makes everyone think of a kid’s movie.”    

 

“I have to agree; I just don’t see you as a ‘Thumper’, Justin. Besides, it’s too femmy, and that won’t work with the porn I’m writing. How about . . .” Daphne clicked the mouse on her computer and tapped away for ten seconds before she came up with another suggestion. “Here’s one - ‘Jaysin Pourne’. What do you think? It’s nice and masculine and I really liked the Bourne movies. That Matt Damon is a real hunk. How does that sound, Justin?”

 

Justin rolled his eyes at the horrible pun, but he really didn’t have any better suggestions. “I guess. I really don’t care, to be honest. They all sound stupid to me,” he shrugged, already resigned to having a stupid porn name since, as far as he could tell, that just came with the territory.

 

The beautiful visitor, though, apparently thought this new suggestion was just as pathetic as the others and snorted a derisive laugh.

 

“You think you can do better, huh?” Justin asked the smug brunet who was literally looking down his nose at them.

 

“Of course I can. I picked out MY porn name back when I was a freshman in college. ‘Aiden Cockfoster’,” the brunet intoned, the name rolling off his tongue suavely. “Aiden, because I never had a fucking pet, so I figured I’d just use my middle name. And Cockfoster because I had a college roommate who was from London and lived in the Cockfosters’ neighborhood as a kid - I always loved that name and decided then and there that would be my porn name . . . if I ever needed one.”

 

“And a good thing too, since you obviously need one now,” announced yet another newcomer, who sidled past the big stud into Daphne’s office. “Hi. I’m Ted Schmidt - the owner of this popsicle stand and your new boss. You’re Justin, right? I recognize you from the photos Daphne showed me. Welcome aboard,” Ted held out his hand to Justin in greeting.

 

Justin accepted the hand, shaking collegially as he checked out his new employer. The man was average height, average attractiveness . . . pretty much average everything. But his unassuming appearance was set off by one really striking thing - his stunning, bright green-gold eyes. In addition, the laugh wrinkles next to those eyes told of a sense of humor that belied the staid exterior. Justin found himself smiling at the man and instantly liking him because of that one unexpected characteristic.

 

“I hope Daphne told you how thrilled I am to have you, Justin. I think you’ll be perfect for what we’re trying to do here. You’ve definitely got the kind of look we’re going after. Hot, sexy, and just a little sweet. Yep, you’re perfect.”

 

Justin blushed all the way to his blond hairline at that statement, which earned him another approving smile from Ted.

 

“This is kind of a risky venture, you know, but I fully believe that it’s going to be a huge money maker in the long run. We just need to strike the right tone from the start,” Ted started to explain, smiling at his writer, who was nodding her agreement with his statements. “So far, this is the ONLY gay porn site targeted directly to the straight, female market - which, according to all the research out there, is the fastest growing segment of the industry. But, what this demographic wants - as I’m sure Daphne’s told you - isn’t the same, slam-bam-thank-you-man stuff that I do on my other site. These viewers want a little more substance to their porn. Not that they don’t want the same beautiful men and the same nasty, balls-in, porn ending as my gay male viewers, but they prefer a little, shall we say, foreplay, before the big event.”

 

Daphne and Ted tittered with laughter at that euphemistic depiction of what they planned to do. Justin was nonplussed. He didn’t really get the concept of gay porn for straight, middle-aged women to start with, but whatever. However the brunet stud, who’d as yet not been introduced, openly scoffed.

 

“Laugh all you want, Brian, but I forecast that this idea will be an even bigger money maker than Jerk@Werk.net. You wouldn’t believe the numbers I’m seeing for this demographic. We just need to handle them the right way, and they’ll flock to watch our stuff,” Ted opined, with a greedy glint in his pretty green eyes. “Which is why I hired this amazing, up-and-coming, young writer,” Ted gestured to Daphne, who took a mock bow. “Her gay fanfic blog has gone viral over the past two years. And I’m hoping she can work her porny magic for us here at Backdoor Adventures.”

 

“I’ll do my best, Ted,” Daphne responded, happy to have her talents, as eclectic as they were, recognized for once. “If all my fans and friends in the written porn world are any indication, though, I think you’re right on the money here. They’re already clamoring at me to find out when the site’s going to go live. My ladies LOVE their gay porn. If we can tweak it so they get a little loving with their hot gay sex, you won’t be able to tear them away from their computers.”

 

“Well, then, let’s get started, shall we?” Ted suggested, rubbing his hands together with avaricious glee. “Brian, Justin, since it seems you’ve already met, how about we head on down to the soundstage and do this? There’s no time like the present and porn waits for no man, right?” *Hahaha*

 

“Wait, YOU’RE going to be my co-star?” Justin asked, his jaw dropping at the idea of getting it on with the stud he’d been ogling with such relish.

 

“It looks that way,” Brian smirked at the younger man with his best ‘Aren’t-You-Lucky’ attitude already in place.

 

Justin wasn’t sure whether to be impressed that he was about to score with such a hottie or intimidated by the idea. This ‘Brian’ guy was someone he would normally assume was completely out of his league. He was the kind of guy that Justin would usually lust after from the quiet shadows in the darkness of the few gay bars he’d ever dared to patronize. He would have never had the balls to go up and actually talk to somebody like Brian. And now he was going to get to fuck the guy? This was definitely his lucky day. Maybe this porn thing wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

 

They all filed out of Daphne's office in Ted’s wake, and the entire group eventually found their way into the area set up as a soundstage. Most of the large area was empty and dark. There were piles of unused props grouped together in inexplicable arrangements around the perimeter. Hanging from the ceiling and perched on tripods or stands throughout the area were various large lighting fixtures pointing in wonky directions. But, right in the middle of this chaos, was a raised platform with a large, bright, neon green screen behind it stretching from floor to ceiling. Atop this green background, on one side, was a stack of hay bales draped with a Navajo patterned blanket. Next to that was an elaborately carved wooden stand with a big western saddle on it. There was also a hat stand off to the side with two big Stetsons and a rolled up bullwhip. Something told Justin that the first scene they’d be expected to act out would have a cowboy theme.

 

 

 

When the small group reached the area in front of the green screen stage, Daphne quickly pointed out the nearby dressing room in the far corner. It wasn’t exactly a dressing room, more like one large dressing closet with costumes hanging on two moveable racks much like one would use for luggage in a hotel lobby. And sure enough, Justin’s earlier guess was proven right. Hanging on the racks were old style jeans with brads on the pockets, plaid shirts with pearl snap closures, distressed leather boots, vests, and bandanas.

 

Brian let his fingers run slowly down the sleeve of one particularly unattractive plaid shirt and shuddered. “Not a designer label in the fucking bunch,” he said. “You do know what this cheap shit does to sensitive skin, right?”

 

The little snort Justin let out at Brian’s comment caught even him by surprise. But really, they were going to be fucking in front of a camera for the titillation of thousands of horny women, and this perfect god was worried about the labels on the clothing they would only be wearing briefly? He tried to cover the unexpected sound with a cough, but knew he hadn’t succeeded when he felt Brian’s hot breath on his neck and heard him whisper, “And I’m willing to bet that little Thumper has some . . . very . . . sensitive . . . skin. Wouldn’t want to chafe that, now, would we?”

 

Justin could feel the color rise up his neck and knew his face was as red as one of the bandanas tucked onto a shelf of the costume rack. He really wasn’t sure if it was because he was so damned turned on by this . . . this Brian . . . or because he knew the man was making fun of him. Thumper, indeed. But Justin knew one thing – he couldn’t let the man know how much he was bothered by him, whatever the reason. This was a job. Just a job.

 

“Right,” he muttered to himself under his breath. “Just keep telling yourself that, Jaysin Pourne.”

 

“Okay,” Ted announced, “As I’m sure you can determine from the costumes and props, our theme for this scene is going to be western/cowboy. Sort of a mashup of Brokeback Mountain and Raw-hide, if you will.” The chuckle he made at his own little joke was quickly silenced by a look from Brian. “Right. On to business. This is where I turn it over to Daphne, who is not only our talented scriptwriter, but also our director, gopher, best-boy, er, girl, and Jill of all trades for the day.”

 

“Thanks, Ted. Justin, you and Brian each have your own costume rack and pretty much anything you find there to match will work. It’s just basic western wear, or what the movies would consider western wear, and I think the sizes should all be right.”

 

Brian walked over to the rack that seemed to hold the larger sized clothing and rolled his eyes as he pulled out a pair of jeans and a vest. It was going to take every bit of acting ability he had to look comfortable in this. “At least,” he mumbled, “it’s black.”

 

Justin’s eyes grew wide as Brian, without any hesitation or modesty at all, pulled his t-shirt over his head and then reached for his belt. “Oh, um, yeah. I guess we should get into character,” he mumbled as he started to unbutton his own shirt. “Right.”

 

The enormity of what he was about to do was beginning to take hold. He was going to be naked with this Adonis, this paragon of men, this . . . this . . . Oh, shit! He was going to not only be naked with him, but he was also going to have sex with him - on camera - with people watching - with Daphne watching. He took a deep breath and tried to will away his sudden wave of unnatural shyness. He wasn’t a virgin by any means; he’d fucked his share of guys in the year or so since he’d officially ‘come out’, but now he was going to fuck this guy. Under completely unreal circumstances. In front of cameras. He could do this. Yeah, he could do this. He kept repeating that mantra in his head as he started to unsnap his own jeans, wishing he’d worn something a little more provocative than his tighty-whitey underwear.

 

“Hey, kid, hand me that bottle of water from the food table, if you don’t mind.” Justin retrieved the bottle, his hackles going up a bit at being called ‘kid’ and turned to hand it to a . . . completely naked Brian. “Thanks,” Brian said as he opened the bottle and poured it over his head. Justin stared at the man, slack jawed. Never, ever, in any universe anywhere, had there been a more beautiful sight. “I was hot,” Brian said with a little smirk.

 

“No shit,” was all Justin could think of to say as he felt his dick almost instantly hardening. Well, at least he wasn’t going to suffer the indignity of being too nervous to get a boner in front of the cameras.

 

Luckily for Justin’s wavering self-control, Daphne chose that moment to burst back into the dressing room, without even the pretense of a courtesy knock. “Okay, here’s the script,” she handed a sheaf of papers to each man, only pausing for a few seconds to admire the sight of a gloriously nude Brian before she averted her eyes and returned to business. “I know neither of you have much acting experience, but just do your best with the lines. I mean, it’s porn, and we’re not expecting an Oscar-worthy performance, but we want it to be believable.” Justin looked over the short, four-page document, noting that the dialogue looked pretty simplistic. “Don’t worry about it too much, though, the ladies aren’t going to remember what you said once you get busy.” She giggled, gave Brian’s trim torso one last appreciative leer, and then turned as if to leave.

 

“I can’t say this shit,” Brian complained, stopping her in her tracks. “You’ve got to be kidding . . . ‘I missed you so much, Jack. I hate that the only place we can be together is up here on this mountain. I wish we didn’t have to hide our love . . .’” Brian threw his script copy down on a nearby chair. “No way am I spouting this inane drivel. It’s insipid. And, trust me, no cowboy in his right mind would say this shit.”

 

“It’s not insipid. It’s sweet and romantic,” Daphne was quick to defend her writing.

 

“It’s sentimental bullshit,” Brian insisted.

 

“What do you suggest then, Brian?” Ted intervened, having overheard the very vocal discussion even from out in the main room.

 

“I say we just fuck and to hell with this sappy dialogue,” Brian suggested abruptly. “That’s what the schmucks who are going to be paying for this stuff want to see, right? Well, let's just do it. Right, Thumper?”

 

Brian turned to his co-conspirator, hoping for some back up. Justin, secretly, thought Brian had a point about the too-sweet dialogue, but he’d never in a million years say anything to his best friend, who happened to be the writer who’d penned those lines. So, instead of taking a stand, he pretended to be re-reading the script again, using that prop so that he could avoid looking at either of the disputants. That worked for a while, allowing him to stay out of the thick of the argument for several minutes.

 

“Fine. If you feel so strongly about it, Brian, we’ll just have you two switch parts,” Ted offered, trying to be the reasonable one and cut short the dispute. “Brian, you be ‘Jack’ and Justin, you can be ‘Billy’. Jack’s the silent type and has a lot less dialogue to start with, so you’ll be spared from the so-called drivel you can’t bring yourself to speak. Justin will say those lines instead. Problem solved. Now, let’s get a move on. I’ve got the camera crew waiting on you two.”

 

“This is the fucking stupidest thing I’ve ever done . . . Can't believe I let Theodore talk me into this shit . . . Fucking porn for women . . .” Brian muttered discontentedly to himself as he turned his back on the rest of them and proceeded to pull on some pants without another thought to the rest of them.

 

Ted bustled back out to see to the rest of his crew, ignoring Brian’s comments. Daphne shook her head, glaring at the man who’d dared to comment negatively on her writing, but she didn’t say anything more. Justin offered her a mollifying shrug, which she accepted with a weak smile, before she followed Ted out of the dressing room. Which left Justin alone with a still-mostly-naked sex god . . .

 

Not wanting to look like a naive rube, Justin tamped down his nervousness and tried gamely to follow Brian’s example. Despite everything, though, he still felt shy about taking off his clothing. Which, he knew, was ludicrous, since he’d signed up to do porn, right? If he felt this nervous about just getting naked with Brian, how the fuck was he going to have sex with the guy in front of a studio full of people and a bevy of cameras in only a few more minutes? Shit. This was so fucked. Why the hell had he thought this was a good idea?

 

By the time Justin had worked up the nerve to pull off his own jeans, Brian was already redressed in a pair of strategically-ripped, western-style jeans and was buttoning up the shirt he’d chosen - a sleek, sleeveless, black cotton shirt with raised white satin piping and mother of pearl snaps down the front. Justin thought the guy looked delicious. The sight distracted him sufficiently that he was able to ignore his own awkwardness as he selected an outfit for himself and started to pull on his costume as well. He’d picked out a pair of black jeans - which seemed like they’d fit in well with Brian’s outfit - but couldn’t decide on which of the plaid shirts on his rack would work best. He was holding up two options - one a long-sleeved, cream-colored shirt with tan striping and the other a blue plaid with red and darker blue accents - when Brian snorted derisively at him, pulled both selections out of his hands, tossed the offending articles of clothing onto the floor, and pulled a fringed leather vest off another hanger instead, shoving that into Justin’s chest.

 

“Skip the tacky plaid. With skin like that, you don’t need a shirt. Go with just the vest,” Brian advised with a playful wink before he sauntered away, leaving Justin to wipe away the spot of drool that had slipped out of the corner of his mouth before he followed orders and put on the vest.

 

Out on the soundstage, Ted and Daphne were already busy talking with the film crew and arranging everything to their liking. They had Brian seated on the hay bales while they adjusted the lights around him. Ted waved Justin over, directing him as to where he was supposed to stand. Justin self-consciously took his mark and then just stood there feeling useless while everyone around them was spouting off technical jargon. Finally, when the tech guys seemed to have everything the way they wanted it, Ted and Daphne addressed the two waiting men.

 

“Okay. Since you’re both new at this, we figured we should have at least one run through before we do it on camera,” Daphne explained. “Don’t worry too much about blocking or anything. Just use whatever actions feel natural to you. We’ll adjust anything that needs tweaking when we do the live version.” Brian and Justin both nodded agreement with this and picked up their scripts. “Justin, you’re Billy. You’ve got the first line.”

 

“I missed you so much, Jack. I hate that the only place we can be together is up here on this mountain. I wish we didn’t have to hide our love . . .” Justin, aka Billy, started running his lines, hoping he didn’t sound as stupid as he felt. “. . . I have to have you.”

 

“Great!” Daphne intoned with excitement after a few minutes of them reading through the dialogue. “Now, at this point, Billy kneels on the end of the hay bale at Jack’s feet, and then he starts to crawl upwards.” Justin followed instructions and began crawling up Brian’s body as directed. “They kiss.” Daphne read the next direction and the boys obeyed, Justin bending down to tentatively rest his lips against Brian’s dark raspberry red mouth.

 

Even with that first very light touch, Justin could feel a definite spark of passion. He’d never felt so drawn towards another man in his entire life. He was quickly pulled into the kiss, deeper and deeper, opening his lips so that Brian’s tongue could slip inside, while he reveled in the resultant rush of heat to his groin. Not bad for a first kiss. Not bad at all.

 

“Okay! I think you have the kissing thing down,” Daphne spoke up, raising her voice to get the actors’ attention. Justin reluctantly pulled away from the softness of those tasty lips and straightened up slightly. Brian smirked up at him knowingly. “So, moving on,” Daphne insisted. “Amidst the kissing, Billy begins pulling roughly at Jack’s pants until he’s got them down just below Jack’s hips,” she continued, reading through the stage directions on the script and motioning to Justin to act out her words. “Jack, you’re just lying there loving it, so make sure your expression shows that. ‘Kay?” Brian rolled his eyes and shook his head but didn’t contradict her. “So, then, Billy is going to manhandle Jack over onto his stomach, and that’s when we get to the good stuff. I’ll assume you two know what to do from that point on, but if we need you to move in some specific way, Ted, the cameraman, or I will let you know. Got it?”

 

“Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up a sec there, Curly!” Brian interrupted, pushing Justin off him and jumping up from his hay bale to confront the writer/director. “What the fuck do you mean, Billy rolls Jack over and then starts on the good stuff? I think you’ve got that wrong. I’m definitely not the one getting manhandled here.”

 

“Sorry, Brian, but that’s what the script calls for here. You didn’t want to be Billy, right? Well, then . . .”

 

“I don’t care what the fuck the damned script says. I don’t bottom,” Brian maintained, crossing his arms over his chest and looking immovable on the matter.

 

“What do you mean, you don’t bottom? Somebody’s going to have to or this isn’t going to work very well,” Justin retorted, a little confused by this development. “I may be new at this, but I’m pretty sure that one of the basic tenets of porn is that SOMEBODY needs to get fucked, right?”

 

“Yeah, well, think again, Thumper. I’m not the bottom here.” Brian said, turning a little pale at the very thought. “Not here, not there, not now, not then. Not ever.”  

 

Justin just tilted his head and blinked slowly. “Well, it appears we have a slight problem because I’m not going to be the bottom here either. And stop calling me ‘Thumper’.”

 

“Damn it, boys!” Daphne sighed. She had just about reached her limit with all the bickering. “Who cares which dick goes where?”

 

“I do!” Brian and Justin shouted simultaneously.

 

Daphne sighed heavily, again. She had seen the heat emanating between Justin and Brian from the very first moment they’d laid eyes on each other. These two had amazing chemistry together. It radiated off of them when they kissed, when they touched each other, when they were just looking at each other. Even in this first scene, it was volatile! She supposed it shouldn’t surprise her that they were just as volatile in their opinions, as well. Now, if she could just somehow work things out so that they’d be able to redirect that volatility into their acting, her life would be perfect. But, first, it seemed they had to work out some basic mechanics.

 

“Come on, guys. You both read the scripts - we sent you the first five scripts a week ago - you knew the sex was coming, right?” She looked up and noted that both men were avoiding her direct gaze. “Didn’t either of you read the fucking scripts?” Neither of them answered.

 

“Okay! The lighting and cameras are all set up. Looks like we’re ready to go. Are you guys ready?” Ted asked, his smile falling as soon as he saw the mulish looks on the faces of his two actors and his director. “Is there a problem?”

 

“I’m afraid so, boss. It looks like we’ve got a structural physics issue here,” Daphne posited, eliciting looks of confusion from all her listeners and causing her to laugh out loud. “You hired two tops and no bottom for your little project,” Daphne replied, gesturing towards Brian and Justin with exasperated disgust. “And they’re both being stubborn about it.”

 

“What?” Ted looked from one intransigent man to the other, completely unprepared for this particular eventuality but seeing no compromise in either’s stance. “Justin, you’re a top? Wow. I didn’t expect that,” Ted began but stopped himself when he noticed the accusing look Justin was shooting him. “Sorry. I shouldn’t have assumed anything based only on your looks. But you’ve got to admit that you look like an innocent little twink.” Again that look. “Fine. Whatever. We still need to resolve this. We have a scene to film and I’ve already contracted with the filming crew - who are costing me an arm and a leg - so we need to get this done somehow or other, guys. One of you is just going to have bite the bullet and be a little flexible here.”

 

Brian and Justin looked at each other. Neither said a word. Neither man’s body language changed a whit. After three minutes of silent staring, they both looked back at Ted and Daphne.

 

“Oh, fuck me!” Ted grumbled. “Listen. You both signed contracts listing, in explicit detail, all the sexual acts that you’d be required to perform. And, if you read it, it says right there, in black and white, that you consent to anal intercourse. So, I don’t see the problem. You had to know this was coming.”

 

“Whatever lawyer you paid to draft that contract for you ripped you off, Theodore,” Brian spoke up. “If you expected me to bottom, that needed to be spelled out a LOT more clearly. I’m more than happy to fuck someone up the ass. No problem there at all. But getting fucked is a whole ‘nother matter. Not gonna happen.”

 

“Justin?” Ted looked to his other employee, hoping to see some give, but the young blond looked aside, his mouth set in a grimace, and he refused to make eye contact. “Damn it! I don’t need this shit. Well, fine. Then you’re both fired,” Ted threw his arms up in frustration and started to walk away even as he continued to berate the obstinate men. “I’m sure I can find half a dozen willing and eager fags who actually WANT a great paying job like this, in under an hour, just by taking a walk down Liberty Avenue. And THEY won’t argue with me about stupid . . .”

 

“Wait!” Justin blurted out, before Ted could get too far away, his tone betraying his underlying distress. “I really need this job . . . I’ll do it. It’s just . . . Well, I . . . I haven’t exactly . . .” The youth stuttered to a stop, his face turning such a dark red in his embarrassment that it looked like he was burning up.

 

“You’re a fucking virgin?” Brian asked with disbelief.

 

“No. Of course not,” Justin declared with as much bravado as he could muster. “I’ve fucked plenty of guys. I just haven’t been on the receiving end before.” Both Ted and Brian were shaking their heads at this admission, so Justin hurried on. “But I really can’t afford to lose this job. My tuition for next semester is already past due and I’m going to get booted from the program if I don’t come up with some way to pay them in the next couple of weeks. I’m NOT giving up on my education just because I’m not open to something . . . new. So, I’ll do it. Just . . . well, you’ll have to take it a little easy and go slow, okay?”

 

“I take it that means the reverse-cowboy-full-nelson fuck outlined in the script is out then?” Brian teased, earning him a dirty look from his future co-star. “Don’t worry, Thumper. I’ll take care of you.”

 

“Stop calling me ‘Thumper’!” Justin demanded and then stomped off, away from the aggravating, intriguing, and even more appealing man that his life was now entwined with against his will.

 

 

a Film-strip-images-pictures-page-1-clipart-2.png 

 

Chapter End Notes:

6/1/17 - Welcome to the KD 2017 Summer Collaborative Writing Project! This year’s story is being hosted by Tagsit and NoChaser but will be featuring (hopefully) a bunch of other writers, editors, helpful readers and anyone else that wants to contribute. We welcome all comers and we definitely want your input on what scenes/fantasies you want to have the boys acting out. So far we’ve already had a lot of you helping on this. Thanks go out to Shari for being the final arbiter on the boys’ porn names - with input from everyone who commented on our Facebook post. Eureka1 stopped in to do her amazing editing thing. Jazzepoet was the one responsible for picking a cowboy theme for our first scene. And Saje, Glo, and a couple others have been helping out with comments throughout. If you want to drop into the working doc and write or even just read along, we’ll give you credit too. Here’s the link: Backdoor Adventures - Working Copy