- Text Size +

BRIAN


Emmett came to dinner with Drew, leaving him sitting next to Kitty before pulling Justin out of his seat and saying they needed to go to the bathroom. I handed Gus to my dad before following to see why Emmett took off with Justin. Ted came in with Blake and Justin grabbed Blake to come with them. I walked by, telling Ted I’d hurry them up when he started to follow them.


“I brought up Conner James to Drew to see if he knew him. They’ve worked together, but Conner’s overseas shooting a movie right now.” He tells them.


“Why are you trying to find Conner James?” Blake asks.


“He’s Michael’s soulmate. Lindsay told Michael how he could change our fates. He could make it so none of us ever meet the person we're supposed to meet. The only problem with introducing him and Conner is that we don’t know how they were supposed to meet.” Emmett tells him.


“We all meet in certain ways?” Blake asks.


“We think so, since Brian and I have the streetlight in every meeting.” Justin tells him.


“Drew always starts out in the closet when we meet. We haven't figured out how you and Ted normally meet, because in the past it was linked to Babylon. Then there's Michael, who never met Connor.” Emmett tells him.


“We did meet at Babylon, but I kept going and didn’t talk to Ted because he was with Ben.” Blake tells them.


“I'm hoping Michael can use writing a comic as a way to get the chance he missed to meet Connor.” Justin tells him.


“I think we're giving Michael…” I started to say, but stopped when the room started changing. Justin wasn’t there sitting on the counter and Blake had disappeared.


It was like watching waves go over, and the scenery kept changing, I was standing with my back to a wall in Babylon with a guy about to go down on me, then Michael was there complaining about wanting to go. I ran out of Babylon to find Justin, but he wasn't there, even when I stood there waiting until Mel called to say Gus was born. I got up and drove to the hospital to see Justin sitting in the waiting area, having trouble breathing. Then I was back in the bathroom with Justin, Emmett, and Blake all staring at me. Then the next wave comes over and instead of being at the club, I was working late and just leaving when Justin would have been dropped off. I hurried to my jeep and sped to Liberty Avenue, passing Justin when he was dropped off by Daphne. I skid to a stop when he turned to look at the jeep, smiling when he saw me. Once again ending the sequence and morphing into another one. With every result being that I found Justin, until it finally stopped and I was standing in the bathroom.


“Brian?” Justin asked, walking up to me.


I grabbed his hand and walked out, wanting to see everything the way we left it when we went into the bathroom. Gus was still sitting on my father’s lap. Everyone was there, just the way we left them.


“Brian what’s going on?” Justin asks, when I let out a breath.


“When we were in the bathroom, it's like I left and went back to the night we met. Only you never came, but I found you before I came back.” I tell him.


“You don’t think Michael...?” He asks.


“I don’t know, he was there but it was different than the way I remembered him.” I tell him.


“Let's just get through dinner, I'll call Marty and see if he has any answers.” He tells me.


“His answers weren’t exactly helping when he was a psychic.” I tell him.


Marty glared at me when he showed up at the office the next morning. “I might not have all the powers I once had, but remember, I can still see what Justin sees.” He tells me.


“Then explain why I was back in the past for hours, but according to Justin I never left the room?” I ask him.


What happened while you were gone?” He asks.


“Different scenarios, but crossing into Justin’s path each time.” I tell him.


“It sounds like someone tested the time line and was showing you the results.” He tells us.


“Why?” Justin asks.


“Hello! Not psychic anymore.” He tells us.


“I checked, Michael is still clueless. I even asked if he thought about the comic, ‘no’ there too.” Emmett tells us, walking in.


“Maybe Lindsay’s secret wasn’t a secret.” Justin tells us.


“Ben knew, so I would say it wasn’t.” I tell him.


“If people know, you would hope they aren't stupid enough to use it. Everything happens for a reason, and thinking you can change it, well it makes the Big Guy cranky.” Marty tells us.


“Which tells us nothing.” Justin tells him.


“It showed that one way or another, you and Brian cross paths, which could mean it's not about you.” He tells us.


“Except Ben said it's why Ethan attached himself to Michael.” I tell him.


“Good point. Of course, all it proved was every scenario that was tried didn’t change that you two meet.” Marty tells us.


“With each time, I still remembered, which was the reason I knew where I had to be. If Justin and I don’t remember anything, that changes things too.” I tell him.


“It might not, Justin when you didn’t know about Brian, were you still drawn to him?” Marty asks.


“I kept going around him, when normally I’d be running for the nearest exit.” Justin tells him.


“When you lived the first time, Brian was doing the same thing when neither of you knew.” He tells us.


“Other than Ethan, who else is there?” Justin asks.


“How many people would be pissed off that you and Brian stayed together?” Emmett asks.


“Shit, that could take a lifetime to name.” Marty tells us.


“Tricks like us, at least until we turned them down for a second go. I can name a few people who weren’t thrilled when they found out the facts, but it’s not like I ever saw them again.” Justin tells us.


“What about you?” Marty asks me.


“I pissed them off regularly, but they knew the drill.” I tell them.


“Stockwell, but he isn’t the Chief of Police here, I don’t think he’s even around Pittsburgh.” Emmett tells us.


“We could do this all day, but it’s not getting us anywhere. We go find the people and see if they remember.” I tell them.


“We’re going to walk up to guys and ask them? Brilliant idea. Now I see being committed in our future.” Justin tells me.