- Text Size +

Chapter 10 - Living One's Life.

I've always been ambivalent about ‘Firsts'.

On one hand, I have never had time for people who want credit just for doing what everyone else already did. I mean, just get over yourself and do it already. Right? Why should I cheer you on because you finally got off your ass and did what a million other people did before you? So, celebrating things like first jobs and such just was never my thing.

But, then again, I HAVE always said that achievement was the only thing worth celebrating. And sometimes those firsts that I tend to scoff at really are achievements. At least to the person who did that first.

My issue is trying to determine which firsts qualify as achievements and which are just the person being too lazy to have done whatever it is they want me to celebrate earlier.

I can say that the advent of Gus in my life - a child who I found myself proud of and whose ‘firsts' I became part of - has changed my position on this. All of a sudden, those ‘firsts' seemed much more important. And once I opened myself up to enjoying ‘firsts', I was seeing them everywhere. First day at preschool, first dates, first time bottoming . . .

.:G:. .:G:. .:G:. .:G:. .:G:.

"Look, B'ine! There's Molly! Yayyyyy!" Gus chirped from the backseat and pointed through the window to where Justin and his sister were waiting on the stoop of the apartment building.

Brian pulled into the curb and had barely set the parking brake before Gus was out of his car seat and pushing at the latch to get out of the door. He seemed overjoyed to see his playmate from the weekend again. Brian followed only three steps behind Gus. He was rather excited to see his playmate too, to be completely honest.

Brian was happy to note that Justin was just as hot-looking as he'd remembered. If not more so. The blond was dressed much more sharply this evening than he had been the day they'd met at the zoo - the tight grey dress pants that hugged his ass and the powder blue button down shirt both accentuating the younger man's assets a lot better than the casual clothing. But the bright, white-blond hair, the toned twinkie physique, and the sparkling blue eyes were all just as enticing as they'd been the day they met. Brian definitely approved.

"Hey there, Big Guy," Justin greeted him, reaching up on his tiptoes to add in a kiss to Brian's cheek when they met.

"Mmmm. You smell good, Twat," Brian hummed in the shell-like ear before bringing the blond's face around so that he could give the man a real kiss on his pouty pink lips.

"C'mon, B'ine! You's two can do kissy face later. I wanna meets Molly to Aunty Em. C'mon!" Gus insisted, tugging on Brian's wrist to get his guardian's attention and hurry him along.

"Hold your horses, Midget. We're coming," Brian complained as he was pulled away from Justin's sumptuous lips against his will. "What is with you today, kid? You just can't seem to wait to get rid of me all the time. I'm going to get a complex or something, you know," he teased as Gus ran ahead, eager as all get out to hang out with his new favorite babysitter again.

"So how'd the preschool thing work out?" Justin asked as the two grown ups ambled long at a much more sedate pace, walking the few blocks between Justin's apartment and Emmett's place.

"Not bad. Judging by the nonstop gushing from the Midget ever since I picked him up, it sounds like he had a decent time," Brian replied with characteristic understatement. "I was kind of worried he'd have a hard time with me leaving him there - after what his mother did, I'd have thought he'd be reluctant around new things like that - but he didn't seem to have any trouble. He literally pushed me out the door of the school room, the little shit."

"Oh, poor Brian," Justin laughed. "Molly did the same thing her first day back to school after my mom died. I was so scared about leaving her, worried she'd be upset or scared or cry or something, but she was just like, ‘Bye, Jester', and ran off with her friends. I was the one that was completely devastated. Good thing kids adapt quickly, huh?"

"Yeah, if you say so," Brian mumbled, although he did feel vaguely reassured that he wasn't the only one who'd had similar misgivings when leaving their kid at school the first time after a trauma.

The rest of the walk to Emmett's building didn't take long so they weren't able to get too deep into any other conversation on the way. The kids were impatient to get there and kept running ahead then jogging back to hurry their guardians. The boys were almost as eager to get off on their own for the night as the kids, so they indulged the tots and picked up their pace. In no time at all, the group was at Em's building and then up the stairs to his apartment.

"Come in, come in!" Emmett sang out as he pulled open the door and ushered the two urchins inside. "Welcome to Aunty Em's Emergency Child Care Center." Emmett shot Brian a telling look but only got a ‘whatever' shrug from La Kinney for his trouble.

"This is Aunty Em," Gus explained, pulling Molly over to meet their host and taking over the introductions. "He's funny. We haded a ‘Spa Day' yesterday. Aunty Em said we hads to be bootiful for our men." *hehehe* "And that's the boring man who always talks and talks and talks to B'ine when they's doing workin stuffs," Gus added, pointing to where Ted was standing off to the side of the gathering. "Aunty Em, this is my Molly. She's real smart and knows EVERYTHING about aminals and zoos and stuff."

"Well, Ms. Molly, it's a pleasure to meet you," Emmett said, taking up the girl's hand and then bowing to leave a kiss on the back of it in a very courtly manner. "And, contrary to popular belief, this gentleman here - who by the way, is not at all boring in my estimation - is my assistant for the night, Teddy," Emmett added, waving Ted forward so he could be properly introduced. Then, in a stage whisper to the kids, Em explained further, "I call him ‘Teddy' cause he's really just as sweet and cuddly as a teddy bear, but don't tell him I said so."

"Hi, Emmett. I'm Justin," the big brother stepped in and introduced himself while the two kids were still giggling over the antics of their babysitter. "I don't know what you have planned for tonight, but I took the liberty of bringing a flash drive with some of the children's computer games I've created. I figured, if you didn't have anything better to do, you could install them on your computer, and the kids could play with those for a while. Molly knows most of the games already and she can help Gus out. They're designed to be age specific depending on the player, though, so Gus shouldn't have too much of a problem."

"Wow, he's adorable AND smart enough to design computer games? Where did you find this one, Brian?" Emmett joked as he took the flash drive and set it aside. "Not bad for your very first date, Big Bad."

"It's not a date, Honeycutt. We're just going out to dinner. I don't do dates, remember," Brian insisted, shooting his friend a quelling look . . . which didn't work and merely caused Emmett to laugh at him more.

"Of course you don't do dates, Brian. Just like you don't do kids or family or arts and crafts Love Letters," Ted added, eliciting a chuckle from Emmett.

"Remind me to fire you again tomorrow, Theodore," Brian shot back.

"I'll put it at the top of the day's agenda, Brian," Ted promised but didn't stop snickering.

"Can we get the fuuuuuudgicle out of here already?" Brian turned to Justin, hoping to see support but finding his ‘date' covering his own laughter with a hand over his mouth. Brian ignored them all and turned to say goodbye to the kids instead. "Midget, you take good care of Aunty Em and Theodore for me. Don't let them get too silly or anything. Okay?"

"Kay, B'ine. Me and Molly'll take care of ‘em. You guys go and have fun with your kissing stuffs," Gus dismissed the boys and turned to take Aunty Em and Ted in hand.

Brian felt sorry for the two adults who were about to be managed by the Midget.

.:G:. .:G:. .:G:. .:G:. .:G:.

Brian and Justin headed to the restaurant. During the drive they glanced at each other a few times and talked a little about the kids. When they were stopped at a light, Brian reached back and pulled out Gus' artistic ‘Love Letter' he had made for Justin. The blond admired the mass of paper, ink, staples, and stickers as Brian explained what Gus had said about it. They both laughed at the kid's amazing creativity, but Justin seemed touched by the fact that Brian had actually cared enough to pass along the work of ‘art'.

Once they were at the restaurant Justin was pleased that they'd been seated at a table that was away from others and which seemed to be pretty private. Brian ordered wine for them, forgoing appetizers. Both men ordered Baby Back Ribs, Justin with french fries and mayonnaise on the side and Brian with mashed potatoes, figuring he could work it off later.

At first they talked about Gus and Molly, telling silly stories about them. Brian didn't have too many stories about Gus to share, but for some strange reason he did enjoy sharing the few proud little moments he did have with Justin. Justin seemed to want to listen and was practically hysterical when Brian gave him the full description of how Gus had literally shoved him out the door of the GLC preschool, after handing him Leather Bear to keep him company.

Next, Justin asked about how the discussion with CPS had gone. Brian explained about the call from Carl and what he'd learned from the detective. Taking Carl's advice, Brian had kept the CPS call brief, only notifying the authorities about Lindsey's actions and advising that he would keep Gus until they could find her. CPS was going to investigate Lindsay thoroughly, but in the meantime, they were happy to let Brian keep his ‘son' - which is how Brian had described the boy during the call. Justin assured him that it was probably the best way to handle the situation, even though it might feel like he wasn't being completely up front. They both agreed that Gus shouldn't be thrown in the foster system if it was at all possible to keep him out of it.

Then, when the conversation seemed to flag a bit, the blond moved on to more personal topics, to Brian's chagrin.

"So, you said you never date. What would you call this then?" Justin challenged him.

"Two people having dinner. That doesn't have to mean it's a date."

"You've really never been out on a date, Big Guy?"

"Actually there was this one time I tried it."

"So what happened?" Justin's voice betrayed his curiosity.

"It did not go well. My ‘date' was a total loser. I was so bored, I ended up fucking the waiter in the storage closet just to entertain myself. The guy heard us when he walked by to go to the bathroom."

"What did he do?"

"Banged on the door and told me he was leaving. Which was just fine with me, frankly. After that,though, I just stuck to fucking them. No sense wasting money," Brian rationalized with a shrug.

"So, then, why did you decide to ask me out?" Justin asked.

"Honestly? Because you're different . . . interesting. I don't know why, but I felt like I'd like to get to know you, not just fuck you. Crazy, huh?" Brian flashed the blond his most winning smile.

"So no closet waiters tonight?" Justin questioned, almost afraid to hear the answer.

"Nope, just you," Brian stated succinctly. "Besides, our waiter is a woman, so I think you're safe."

Justin smiled. He had hoped that maybe this thing with Brian could be more, and this seemed like a good sign. He'd have to wait and see, though.

The food arrived right then, forestalling further personal conversation, to Brian's relief. Justin, on the other hand, wasn't ready to give up on his quest to uncover the real Brian, but he also realized how hungry he was. Rather than just dig in, though, he decided to use the moment to try and entice Brian.

Picking up a fry, Justin dipped it in the mayonnaise and stuck out his tongue to lick at it as he slipped it into his mouth. Then he picked up one of the ribs and put the meat covered bone into his mouth, sucking it clean before slowly slipping it out and sensuously licking his lips. Brian watched the display and then retaliated by picking up a spoonful of mashed potatoes and licking the creamy spuds off the spoon, smirking at the blond the whole time. Then he imitated Justin's treatment of the ribs, moaning at the taste and licking his own lips.

"Two can play that game," he told the blond, who was staring at his mouth.

The rest of the meal they took turns eating and softly moaning, glad that there was no one else around them.

Brian, meanwhile, had slipped off his shoe and put his foot up on Justin's chair, softly stroking the younger man's crotch as they ate. At one point Justin had to push back his chair to stop himself from shooting his load before they even finished eating. Brian just smirked at him and patiently waited for him to move forward again.

Once they had finished the main course the waiter came over and asked if they wanted dessert. She had been watching and trying to stay out of their way, seeing how they were acting towards each other and not wanting to intrude. But now she saw her chance and headed over with the dessert menu in hand.

"How about we tell the waiter to box up our dessert to go and we take it home," Brian suggested with a knowing leer. "That way I can lick it off you while I fuck you."

"Check please!" Justin called out so loudly that several of their fellow diners looked up in surprise.

 

.:G:. .:G:. .:G:. .:G:. .:G:.

They barely made it into the elevator back at the loft before Brian attacked Justin, shoving his back up against the wooden grating and then diving down to begin kissing and nibbling at the long ivory column of Justin's neck.

"Damn! This is the best dessert I've ever eaten," Brian mumbled through a mouthful of Justin's earlobe. "Never . . . been so . . . hungry . . . before."

Justin didn't respond other than to tilt his head to the side, in order to allow Brian better access for his nibbling, while rhythmically humping Brian's hip and moaning.

It took several minutes for them to realize that the lift had actually stopped. By that point, Brian had Justin's shirt completely unbuttoned and he'd found that nipple ring he'd been fantasizing about. He was currently pulling at the ring with his left hand while his right thumb was giving equal attention to Justin's left nipple. Both nubs were peaked and hard. They might have stayed there in the elevator even longer, if not for the fact that Brian desperately wanted to lay the younger man out on his bed and taste those dusky pink nubs. To effectuate that plan, Brian had to pull up the grating, crab walk his companion backwards to the door of the loft and fumble the keys into the lock so he could slide the large metal door open, all without letting go of his blond or letting up on his kissing. Which he managed, because he was both dexterous and determined.

Once inside, Brian used his foot to kick the door closed and then refocused his attention on the boy in front of him. Justin's shirt was allowed to fall to the floor. The button of his pants was promptly undone and then the zipper was lowered. At the same time, Justin was busy trying to get his hands on more of Brian's skin, rucking up the stud's shirt so he could run his hands over the smooth abs and taut pecs, reveling in the silky feel of that bronzed flesh.

With his usual single-minded determination, Brian had continued to walk the two of them towards his bedroom, but once Justin's pants had dropped to his ankles, that became more difficult. Brian was too frustrated and impatient to stop and free the younger man from the clothing, so he just wrapped his arms around the slender waist and hefted Justin clear off his feet. Hoisting the blond over one shoulder in a fireman's carry, Brian was able to clear the remaining few meters to the bedroom without any trouble. He then tossed an unresisting Justin onto the mattress, pulled off the man's shoes, socks, and the useless pants - noting in passing that Justin had conveniently gone commando - and climbed aboard the bed himself.

That's when Brian finally paused long enough to look down at the beauty lying in his bed and appreciate the sight. Justin WAS truly beautiful. Brian had been with a lot of guys over the years, many of whom had been incredibly hot. Some of them had even been gorgeous. But not one of them would Brian have described as ‘beautiful'. None of them had looked as fresh and unspoiled as this blond beauty lying there spread out on his bed with his pale, perfect skin, that well-formed, lithe body, and that unconscious gracefulness.

But even those attributes paled compared to the sight of Justin's magnificent member. It was truly a work of art, in Brian's humble opinion. Who would have guessed that the relatively petite blond would sport such a prodigious hunk of man meat? Brian had always been a bit of a size queen, so this fact, if nothing else, clinched the deal for him. Damn! He could barely restrain himself from pouncing on the boy and devouring the perfectly shaped, plum-colored cock which was set off so nicely by its nest of dark blond pubes.

Seriously, there was absolutely NOTHING about this boy that Brian didn't find eminently attractive, entirely desirable, and he couldn't wait to take possession of all of it.

With a feral growl, Brian sank down onto his knees, his legs straddling the blond, and let his hands roam over the expanses set out before him. The younger man's skin was exquisitely soft to the touch. His responsive moans were the perfect accompaniment. Brian wanted to touch every single centimeter of the pliant body. He wanted to worship at the altar that was Justin Taylor. All night, if possible.

Finally, when just touching wasn't enough, Brian gave himself permission to taste. He let his hands tickle down the lightly defined abs until he could grab hold of that enticing cock. He loved the weight of it in the palm of his hand. It felt substantial and solid and oh so hard, like silk covered steel. When he bent down and licked up the shaft with a pointed tongue, it twitched and jumped, as if it was eager to leap into Brian's mouth. And who was he to deny such a pretty little guy? He was just as eager to take in that lovely length as it seemed to be to get there. So he did, letting the dripping head slide slowly between his lips, exploring every ridge and vein with his tongue, and savoring the salty-sweet taste he'd been imagining for days. Damn, this kid was delicious!

It didn't take long before Justin was moaning even louder and writhing so much that Brian was forced to grip the slim hips, pinning his subject tightly to the bed to keep him still. When Brian dove down again, swallowing around the bulbous head and taking the entire length of his blond boy down his throat, Justin couldn't hold back any longer. He arched up off the bed, cried out with wordless joy and shot his creamy load. Brian sucked it all down, licking at the remaining traces of cum with a self-satisfied grin as he finally pulled away.

Justin was simply lying there looking debauched and spent but well-satisfied. Brian loved that look even more than the man's eager grace from before. Then he caught himself thinking that he wouldn't mind seeing that same sight in his bed every single night from here on out. That unfamiliar sentiment shocked him out of his reverie but it didn't dispel the underlying desire. He didn't know where these feelings were coming from, but damn if he didn't want the blond even more now than before.

After indulging himself by just looking at the beautiful sight for several more minutes, Brian's cock reminded him that it hadn't yet gotten to play with the blond boy. The insistent pulsing down there was an unrelenting reminder, though, that this night was far from over. The blow job had just been the warm up act. Just a little something to take the edge off. Now it was time for the main attraction.

Brian reached to the side table and fished a condom out of the large bowl he kept there in a place of honor, right next to the large pump-top bottle of lube, so that both were always at hand when needed. Brian appreciated efficiency, especially when it came to fucking. He hated to be slowed down by details when the mood hit. And the mood was definitely hitting him right then. So it was a good thing he had supplies at the ready.

"You up for round two, pretty boy?" Brian asked, holding the small foil packet out to the blond. "Here. Go on. Slip it on my dick."

Justin accepted the condom packet but then paused, biting at his lower lip and looking up at Brian worriedly. "Um, Brian . . . I should probably tell you . . . I, uh . . . Damn, this is fucking embarrassing - mean, I'm twenty-three, for fuck's sake, but . . . well, I've never actually bottomed before," he confessed.   

"Seriously?" Brian didn't know why he was so surprised by this admission, but he was. "With an ass like that? I would have thought the guys would have been falling all over themselves to get inside it."

"Well, they might have all wanted in, but nobody's had that privilege . . . yet," Justin chuckled nervously. "To be completely honest, Brian, I've always considered myself a top. I've never really wanted to switch it up before. Not till I met you . . ."

Brian didn't know what to say to that so he just waited to find out what the blond would do. Scrunching up his face in deliberation, Justin thought for a moment or two, eventually nodding with reinforced resolve. Then he deliberately tore open the condom wrapper and moved his hands down towards Brian's waiting dick. Brian held his breath, not wanting to push, but unbelievably nervous that maybe Justin would change his mind.

"Just go slow, okay," Justin whispered resolutely as he slowly rolled the condom down Brian's hard shaft.

"You're sure?" Brian asked, now feeling almost as ambivalent about proceeding as Justin seemed to be.

"Yeah. I'm sure. I want you inside me, Brian."

Brian registered the look of trust mixed with desire that Justin was beaming up at him and felt momentarily stymied. He'd never seen anyone look at him like that. He didn't know if he merited that much trust from someone else.

"I'm sure, Brian," Justin repeated, apparently sensing his partner's hesitation, and trying to quell any doubts his unexpected revelation had raised.

Brian took a deep breath and nodded. He didn't know what was wrong with him. He'd had virgins before and never batted an eye. This wasn't really any different, right? So why did HE feel so nervous all of a sudden?

Grappling onto his inherent top-ness, Brian made a decision. He could do this. He WOULD do this. And he would make it good for Justin. He'd make it so good that Justin would never have a single regret.

Brian steadied himself, filled his palm with a puddle of lube from the bedside bottle and then turned back to the willing body of the man before him. Justin was clearly still a little anxious but didn't say anything to stop him when Brian placed his slickened fingers against the folds of his pucker and tentatively pressed in. Justin sucked in a breath, tensing a little, but he was still smiling so Brian continued. With a little work, he slowly stretched until Justin was relaxed and as open as Brian could get him. Now to see how the next step would go.

With the remains of the lube on his hand, Brian slicked up his dick and rearranged himself so that he was kneeling closer between Justin's thighs with the younger man's calves resting on his shoulders.

"Relax, Justin. I want to make this good for you. I want you to always remember this so, no matter who you're ever with, you'll never forget who was there first."

As soon as he'd said the words, Brian stopped. He wasn't sure why he'd said that, or even what it really meant, but it was too late to take it back. And, in his gut, he knew he had meant the words. it was useless to regret them now. Better to just move on quickly and perhaps they'd both forget in the heat of the moment, right?

"Ready?" he pressed.

"Yeah. I think," Justin giggled nervously.

Brian took that opportunity to slide in, the abrupt motion strangling the giggles and causing Justin to hiss at the initial bite of pain.

"It hurts. Damn. Does it always hurt this much?" the blond asked.

Brian paused, waiting for the moment when the muscles would relax so he could proceed. "The pain is just one part of it. Or so my bottom friends tell me. If you relax it'll be easier."

"Yeah . . . that's easier said than done, Big Guy. You're not the one with a Genoa Salami shoved up your ass," Justin teased through his pain. "That thing is fucking huge."

They both laughed, letting the laughter ease away the tension. And it worked wonders. Justin almost immediately relaxed, the tight sphincter muscles easing their death grip on Brian's cock and allowing him to press in more deeply. Then, pulling back slightly, Brian sank in again, this time gliding smoothly with a perfect aim that nailed the new bottom's prostate dead on. Justin gasped, this time with pleasure, as he felt the almost instant jolt of electricity the motion caused.

"Wow! Fuck, that feels amazing," Justin exclaimed, already forgetting the pain as the blossoming pleasure took hold.

"Hang on, pretty boy. I'm just getting started," Brian promised, thrusting again, with his aim just as good the second time.

And now that they'd got through the hard part at the beginning, both men were thoroughly enjoying the experience. Brian had never been in a tighter, hotter ass - it felt exquisite. Every time he plunged in, Justin's muscles squeezed his length as if they were welcoming him in. Brian felt like he'd found heaven each time he plunged, driving deeper and deeper with each thrust, reveling in the sounds of Justin's grunting and the slap of his balls against the blond's skin.

Justin, for his part, was amazed at how mind-blowingly good this felt. After the shock of the initial pain, he'd been close to calling the whole thing off. He'd secretly always wanted to try bottoming, but he'd just never been with anyone he thought worthy of the sacrifice. And, to be honest, he'd always dreaded the pain. So, even though he'd been prepared for the initial sting, he hadn't really been sure he would go through with it. Once Brian had nailed his prostate though, all that had changed. He'd fucked his share of guys, of course, and even played around with toys or fingering a time or two, but nothing he'd ever experienced had prepared him for the absolute delight of having Brian's huge cock pounding relentlessly into his sweet spot. It was fucking nirvana. He felt like he was on fire from the inside out, with little tongues of electricity zooming through his core as this consummate top of all tops played his body like a true master.

Brian would have preferred to eke out the ecstasy for much longer, but it HAD been a long, lonely, celibate week for the poor stud, so he didn't have his usual staying power. Ten minutes in, Brian was already starting to feel the sweet pinching in his gut as his climax built up towards the breaking point. Judging by the thrashing of Justin's head and the very vocal cries coming from his boy, the blond was just as ready. Brian shifted position so that he could continue to slam into the welcoming ass while freeing up one hand to wrap around Justin's throbbing dick. After that, it took only a dozen more thrusts along with a some coordinated tugging and stroking, until the tyro bottom let out a prodigious scream of rapture, his whole body convulsing as the orgasm washed through him.

"Brian . . . Brian! Oh, fuck, Brian!" Justin moaned as the orgasm rocked his body.

The rhythmic pulsating of the blond's ass muscles as he came, was what finally took Brian over the edge as well. "Jus . . . tin . . . I . . . fuck . . . I fucking love . . . love . . . oh fuck, I love . . . you," he moaned as the fires in his gut blazed up into an inescapable conflagration that swept over him and triggered one of the most amazing climaxes of his life.

Both men laid there, unmoving, for several minutes afterwards. Brian had collapsed on top of Justin, unable to hold himself up while he tried desperately to catch his breath. Justin was even more jelly than Brian, and didn't think he could have moved even if the fucking building had been on fire. He simply lay there, enjoying the tingling of aftershocks and loving the big, solid weight of Brian draped over him.

". . . probably crushing you," Brian mumbled when he'd finally recovered the power of speech.

He struggled to push himself up enough to pull out and then stripped off the condom with one hand, tossing it aside without any concern over where the thing would land. He rolled to the side and left one last kiss on the blond's lips as he passed by. And then they both just laid there, breathing, caught up in their individual thoughts, and both a little shy about what should be said or done next.

Which Brian thought was weird, because he'd never before cared what a trick thought about after the fucking was over. Of course, Justin wasn't just a trick was he? Brian wasn't sure exactly what Justin WAS but he wasn't just a trick. Brian had actually taken the man out to dinner. Their kids were friends now. And, instead of just fucking and then going their separate ways, they'd actually spent time together, talking and getting to know one another. Even the sex had felt like more than just a simple fuck. It had been special. He had felt so much more with Justin than he'd ever felt with another man.

Shit! Thinking back over the past half hour or so, Brian realized he had acted completely out of character with this guy. Since when did he spend that much time reassuring his sex partner or take that much care to ensure the other guy was actually enjoying himself. Usually Brian was all about efficiency, not feelings. In fact, now that he thought back to the moment, he suspected he might have said some things that were a little over the top. He vaguely remembered, in the heat of the moment, blurting out the ‘l' word - which was definitely NOT something Brian Kinney would normally do. Hopefully Justin had been too far gone himself to remember Brian's discrepant ravings. Besides, he couldn't be held to the shit he said in the heat of sex, right?

Brian was still lying there fretting over what Justin would think of him after all that unfounded emotionalism, when the blond rolled onto his side and curled familiarly around Brian's frame. "Brian, can I ask you something?" he broached, the seriousness of his tone causing Brian to worry even more. He didn't want to have THIS talk right then, but he couldn't think of a way to avoid it now.

"What?" he asked cautiously.

"Why do you have sparkly purple toenails?" Justin posited, looking down at the long, lean feet of his companion.

"Damn. I forgot about that," Brian chuckled. "My Midget was being a creative little shit last night . . ."

"Ah! That makes sense." Justin stretched out his leg so he could rub his toes over Brian's sparkly nails and laughed along with the bigger guy. "You do know you're a pretty amazing father, right?"

"That fact has yet to be proven," Brian answered, deflecting the praise the way he always did.

The strange response caused Justin to fall silent again. This Brian was certainly an enigma. He was going to take a lot more effort to figure out. Not that Justin minded the ‘effort' though. He relished the challenge of spending more time with Brian in his quest for understanding.

The conversation turned lighter after that but, after resting and talking a little more, Brian realized it was getting late. "As much as I'd like to keep you here in this bed, we really do need to go get the kids. I'm going to take the midget to that preschool again tomorrow and I don't want him walking around half asleep all day. Plus, I'm sure Emmett's probably ready to get rid of his guests for the night," Brian told the blond.

Justin agreed, reluctantly, that it was time to go. They both got up, stealing glances at each other while they dressed. They quickly changed the bed - because Gus would be sleeping there too - then headed out to Brian's car. The ride to Emmett's was made in comfortable silence, each man lost in his own thoughts. The only noise was when Brian called to let Emmett know they were on their way so he could have the kids ready to go.

Pulling up to Emmett's building they saw the kids and Emmett waiting outside and already hugging goodbye. Brian got a little worried because it looked like Gus was upset. Getting out of the jeep they heard Gus complaining.

"But we was hafin' fun Aunty Em. Why does we haf ta leave?"

"I known, Gus, but Brian and I both have to go to work tomorrow," Em was explaining as best he could.

Gus sniffed but seemed to accept the rationale. "So, can you tells B'ine that we can come back real soon and haf more fun? Pwease, Aunty Em."

"Yes Gus, I'll tell him," Emmett answered, squeezing Gus tight one more time.

Emmett smiled and told the men that he would love to have the kids back any time - Molly and Gus had been great and they'd all had a lot of fun. Gus just smirked and winked at Em, causing all the adults to laugh. Brian got Gus into his car while Justin wrangled Molly away from her playmate. Brian kissed Justin goodbye one last time before they both headed off to their homes.

Altogether, Brian thought it hadn't been a bad first date.

 

Chapter End Notes:

7/14/17 -