- Text Size +

BRIAN


Jen was the epitome of a blushing bride, and Cole was proud to hand her off to the man who made his daughter happy. Molly was standing next to Jen, and Justin stood next to his soon to be stepfather. Cole came and sat with me while the ceremony was performed. Lee kept gawking like a teen at Molly, who looked like a runway model next to her mother. I had to close his mouth when she walked in ahead of her mother. I had to hand Lindsay and Mel tissues when they both leaked, and then had to kiss Justin, because he looked good standing in Versace, which at least got everyone laughing instead of crying.


When everyone walked out to take pictures, Cole grabbed my arm and told me Jen wanted all the family in the pictures. I rolled my eyes, telling him that I was just getting Gus, because Jen requested it.


Lindsay started bawling again when Jen asked her and Mel to be in the pictures with the women in the family. Justin laughed when I asked why people leaked at a wedding. The reception was changed to Justin and my house because the venue they were going to use had double booked. Emmett showed up at my house, freaking out about how the wedding was ruined. I offered our house to keep everyone sane. Only I didn’t count on my sanity being tested when Emmett was almost living at my house in the days leading up to the wedding.


Justin and I left early to get Tucker’s motorcycle to our house, which was just an excuse for me to ride it. He knew I wanted it. When I pulled up, it was to see another one sitting in the driveway.


“We had this one being built at the same time, so I customized it for you,” He tells me.


“Want to take a ride? Emmett can let everyone in,” I tell him.


He hopped on and we took off, as cars started coming to the house. Emmett smiled as we drove by him, waving us off. When we returned, the party was in full swing in the back, but Deb was standing in the front looking lost. Justin kissed me and went in, telling me his mom would be okay if Deb showed up. With everything that went on with Michael, I honestly didn’t know what Deb’s reaction to it all was, and if I’m honest, I didn’t really want to find out that there was nothing left of the woman I once thought of as a mother.


“Is there some reason you're here today?” I ask.


“I wanted to talk to you, but lately you don’t come around,” She tells me.


“Today is about Justin’s family, not you or Michael,” I tell her.


“There was a time when anything would have included me,” She tells me.


“There was also a time that I thought I was more than Michael’s caretaker to you,” I tell her, not wanting to get into this, but knowing she wouldn’t leave it alone.


“I thought of you as more than that. I know the last four years might have made you think differently, but you have to understand that Michael was hurt. I know we made it impossible for you to have the life you wanted, but he needed you,” She tells me.


“When are you going to see he didn’t need me as much as he pretended he did. If you're here to defend your son, leave,” I tell her. She stood there as if waiting for me to tell her what she needed to do for me to forgive her. “For once, see that he wasn’t innocent in what he did. He understood exactly what he was doing and used me and stole my money to get me back for not wanting to be at his beck and call. He might not have known about Justin, but he knew something was pulling me away from him. Instead of dealing with your son, you called me back to do it for you. Not giving a shit about anything but what Michael wanted. I lost Justin for six months because I didn’t want him to know the life I was living here. Which was my mistake, because he wouldn’t have cared, he loved me enough that nothing would have changed it. If you're here to plead for your son, then go home and don’t darken my door,” I tell her.


“I came to tell you I’m sorry for my part in making you feel guilty about the accident. It was hard for me to see past Michael, and realize that I was blaming you. I didn’t mean for you to feel like I didn’t care about you,” She tells me.


“You and Michael never mean anything, until it bites you in the ass. Why are you really here?” I ask.


“To tell you I’m sorry and that I support what you had to do to Michael.,” She tells me.


“Is that all?” I ask, ready to end this conversation.


“I want us to figure out a way to still be in each other’s lives,” She tells me.


“I don’t know if we can, I just don’t see you as the mother you once were to me. You’ll want me to forgive Michael, and to find a way to repair the friendship he abused. I can’t be that Brian anymore,” I tell her.


“I understand,” She tells me, tearing up. Dammit.


“Deb, it’s not going to be solved overnight, but if you give me time, we can try. You need to understand that there will never be a time when I want Michael around, ever,” I tell her.


“Go in and be happy. When you're ready to give me a chance, I’ll be waiting,” She tells me.


“Then show me you can be happy for me. Come inside and welcome Justin,” I tell her.


She followed me in and walked to Justin. I could tell she didn’t know what to do with him. He wasn’t opening his arms to her but didn’t ignore her. Vic and Rodney showed up and I watched as Vic bridged the gap Deb couldn’t with Justin. Emmett saw what was going on and took Deb to get something to drink. When I walked up to Justin he took my hand and we walked over to the rest of the gang.


JUSTIN


After seeing my mom and Tucker off, Brian promised to get the bike to their house in one piece. Emmett was overseeing the cleanup and Deb stuck around to help him. It wasn’t easy for me to let bygones be bygones, but I did it for Brian. As much as she disappointed him, he still loved her. I did tell her that I wouldn’t stand by if she tried to get Brian to help Michael. She assured me that she wouldn’t expect that from him. Vic told me that he’d make sure Deb didn’t cross the line. I left it at that and went to Brian.


After everyone left, it was time for my grandfather to go back to work. He told Brian to call him if he needed to talk, that he was available no matter what was going on. It was my grandfather’s way of showing Brian he was just as much a grandson as I was to him. Brian nodded, not being able to say anything, and ran up the stairs. When the door closed and everyone was gone, Brian was in the kitchen, not upstairs where I looked.


“You think you and Deb are going to be okay?” I ask.


“I don’t know. If she can keep from trying to push Michael into my life, then possibly,” He tells me, shrugging.


“If she does, she’s not welcome in our house,” I tell him.


“Which I made sure she understood, and yes I agree with you,” He tells me.


“Is there some reason you’re in here?” I ask.


“Just waiting for you,” He tells me, pulling off his shirt.


“Brian, seriously, in the kitchen?” I joke.


“There are just so many surfaces to work with,” He tells me, pulling me onto the table.


He unzipped me and sat in front of me, pulling my pants off. Then pushed my hands out of the way to help me with my shirt. I laid back and spread my legs while he finished undressing. Brian threw lube and condoms on the table.


Brian leaned in licked from the head of my cock down to the crease of my ass. He spread me open and used his tongue to open me up. I closed my eyes, moaning at what he was doing. Then I felt his fingers running around my rim as he took me in his mouth. His finger breached me as his tongue swirled around the head of my cock. I wanted more and he add another finger, finding my prostate and sucking any thoughts out of my head with his mouth. I almost came, but he was paying attention and pulled his fingers out, and stood up. He held my hips as he pushed into me. Then stilled until I opened my eyes to see why he wasn’t moving.


“The best part of being inside you is watching your eyes,” He tells me, pulling back and slamming into me.


I wrapped my legs around him and used them to meet his thrusts. We were both close when he pushed my legs back and slammed into me, moving the table. I grabbed my cock because I needed to cum. He didn’t slow down but picked up speed when I splattered all over both of us. I milked him with my walls, watching his eyes glaze over as he thrust three more times and came, collapsing over me.


“Everything else is bullshit but this,” He tells me, kissing me.


TED


It really said something to me about Brian and Justin’s relationship when instead of just saying yes to Brian’s campaign, he and Lee waited to see what we were offering. They didn’t let the fact that they were combining their lives interfere with their businesses. Brian came in a couple days after the wedding and told me he had the slogan for the campaign. We’d been struggling with the slogan because until Lee and Justin decided they didn’t want to limit who could own one of their cars, they never needed advertising, the cars sold themselves.


Justin, Lee, and Molly were waiting for us in the conference room. Brian had the boards brought in as we entered and didn’t say anything but let them speak for themselves. One of the things Lee let us know was that they weren’t planning on letting go of the car designed for the driver. Each car would be outfitted with what the person wanted, only the body and the engine were going to be the same and the cost more affordable for common buyer.


Brian told me that in essence, they were staying with their original business model, but also opening up to include a larger target audience. Justin had allowed Brian to see the models he designed on his computer, Brian only asked to use one for the campaign. When Justin and Lee looked at the boards they didn’t waste any time approving the slogan.


“MacTaylor, custom built for the driver who doesn’t want to become one of the many.”


I was impressed with how Brian came up with having a parking lot full of cars that looked identical so that you couldn’t really tell which car was by what maker, but in the middle was a car that was a cross between Justin and Brian’s cars.


“Sorry Ted, you lose,” Justin tells me, smiling.


“Not a problem. Blake’s clinic is overrun with people wanting to sponsor the rehab,” I tell him.


“Just tell him it’s okay to tell anyone no if they cross the line,” Justin tells me.


“Cole already made it clear that Blake was in charge, and that no means no,” I tell him.


“We need to get going, but fax my accountant the contracts. I’m going to be late tonight, apparently Lee thinks we need to make sure the shop didn’t burn down,” Justin tells Brian, kissing him.


“Call me when you’re on your way back,” Brian tells him.


BRIAN


Ted was puttering around after Justin left, it was obvious he had something he wanted to tell me. I waited, because I could tell he wasn’t happy with what he was going to tell me.


“I know you don’t want to hear about Michael, but this is just information I thought you should know. Michael is likely only going to get three to five years, because he agreed to plead out and testify against David. Thomas wants to go for the maximum on David and his partners, since the practice makes what Michael and David did to you, nothing in comparison. Thomas wanted you to know that Michael’s sentence might seem light, but he was a first time offender,” He tells me.


“As long as he didn’t get to walk, then I’m fine,” I tell him.


“Thomas also seized David and Michael’s accounts. He said you should be seeing a check for most of the money. What do you want me to do with it?” He asks.


“Give it to Blake. At least the people he helps really need it. Just leave my name off it,” I tell him.


“If that’s what you want, I won’t tell him. It’s our secret,” He tells me.


When Ted walked out, leaving me sitting there, I kept thinking about secrets. There were so many in my life at one time, and now it seemed like everything was out in the open. There were no more secrets between me and Justin. I pulled out my phone and sent Justin a text.


“You were the best secret I kept. I love you.”










The End.
starlight is the author of 43 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 37 members. Members who liked The Secrets That You Keep. also liked 969 other stories.