- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The way I ended four would have made me want to kill the author so you get five to keep me breathing. LOL

BRIAN


I managed to sleep, no matter how uncomfortable it was in my car. I dreamed, as always, of Justin, only it was us with a busy intersection keeping either of us from being able to reach the other. I kept screaming for him to wait and I'd find a way to get to him, but he kept screaming we'd never find a way to be together.


My dream changed to the house I bought and Justin walking by my car, like a ghost. Well, one cursing like a sailor about cryptic messages. It seemed real, and even if it was a dream, there was nothing blocking my way to him. I opened my car door quietly, afraid that any noise would make him vanish, the way he does in every dream.


Even though I knew it was a dream I needed to believe for one minute he was real. “Tell me you're real?” I ask.


He didn’t answer, but didn't run when I pulled him to me. It wasn’t a dream. He was a solid person in my arms. I couldn’t let him talk because I needed more, so I silenced him with my lips, and managed to get us into the house before he realized we weren’t outside anymore. As always when we hadn’t seen each other for a while, the clothes disappeared and we couldn't get enough of each other. Justin rolled me over, swallowing me the way he always did, making it hard not to cum because he knew exactly what to do to get his favorite appetizer. I came in seconds, but when Justin was naked my cock stayed hard and wanting.


“Justin…”


“Don’t. You never wanted conversation.” He tells me, as he pulled out the condom and mounted me.


I gave him his wish as he rode me hard, but wasn’t going to be passive. It was something neither of us could do. We were animalistic at fucking. I grabbed his hips and slammed into him from below, listening to him curse and moan for me to make him feel me for days. Then flipped us over, never losing the rhythm that he and I perfected. I held his hands over his head as I slammed home over and over, waiting for him to cum, not touching himself. When he did, I pulled out and put him on his hands and knees, entering him again. Only this time I slowed down, savoring his body quivering from being over sensitive. As each thrust rubbed his prostate he became harder, and told me to fuck him, not play at it. We both came again after I gave him what he wanted. We laid quietly for a few minutes before he tried to get up and leave. I caged him under me, because he didn't get to keep running away.


“We need to talk.” I tell him.


“It's against your rules, and this shouldn't have happened.” He tells me, trying to break free.


“This happens because neither of us knows how to stop it.” I tell him.


“I’ve found the perfect way.” He snaps.


“To pack up and run like you always do when I don’t tell you what you want.” I sneered.


“Nope, just three words was all it took to have you running back to the life you hid from me. I can’t forgive a man who cheats on his family.” He tells me, leaving me at a loss as to what he's talking about.


He got free and grabbed his shirt. He wasn't getting to make another dramatic exit, so I grabbed his pants and sat on them. I'll give it Justin, he will try even when he knows he can't win.


“Your boyfriend sent a message for you to go home, now give me my pants, you cheating piece of shit.” He tells me.


“Not until you explain what the fuck you're talking about.” I tell him, grabbing him and wrestling him back under me.


“I can’t. Remember, no explanations allowed.” He tells me, looking away from me.


“Look at me.” I demanded. “Fucking look and demand the answers.” I yelled at him when he closed his eyes to keep from looking at me.


He opened his eyes and they were pissed. “You want me to demand answers? That would take expecting you to answer anything. Which, after two fucking years I got tired of hitting a brick wall and the barbed wire that tore a piece of my soul. I fucking hate you for making me into someone afraid to say anything you didn’t want to hear. Which you proved when when I said, I love you.” He tells me, letting the tears fall that he held back with anger.


“I fucking love you too. That’s what I should have said.” I leaned my head against his so we couldn’t not look at each other.


“I can’t rip a family apart, don’t ask me to.” He tells me.


“Tell me why you keep saying that?” I ask.


“Children need their families whole.” He tell me.


“This is about my son?” I ask, not sure how Justin knew. “Wait. Did you say my boyfriend?” I ask, when I thought back to everything he’d said. He nodded, not saying anything. “You're the only person in my life I’ve ever considered for the role of boyfriend, or partner. There isn’t any family, well Lindsay and Mel are my sons mothers, but other than that, there’s no one else.” I tell him when he waits for me to explain. “The blonde woman I was with, she’s the mother of my son Gus, and Mel is her wife. They wanted a child and I promised Lindsay I’d do it when they wanted a child.” I tell him.


“Then who is Michael?” He asks, the one question I never wanted him to ask.


“No one you need to worry about.” I tell him, watching him erect the walls he learned to build.


He shoved me off, proving he could have the whole time. He grabbed his pants and didn’t wait to put them on and ran out of the house and into his car. I stood watching as he peeled off, with his wallet in my hand. No more hiding for Justin. I closed and locked the door to our house and realized something, he drove away in the car I told him was on my dream list. Who the fuck is Justin?


I got in the my car and saw my phone was going off. Michael had called nonstop since I left Kinnetik. His last text scared me.


“I fell, I think I might have broken the bone in my leg the doctor told us wouldn’t completely heal. I need you.”


As much as I wanted my life with Justin, I needed to get to Michael and help him. During the drive to get Michael, I let the thought invade that Michael could have called Deb or any of the guys. I called Emmett to see if Michael called him.


“He hasn’t called me or Ted, we just left the girls house. I need to talk to you, it might help you with Justin.” He tells me.


“Tell Ted he’s fired.” I snapped.


“One thing at a time. I’ll check on Michael since Deb is still at the diner. I just passed. What did he say was wrong?” Emmett asks, ignoring my anger that they were gossiping about a subject I told Ted and Mel to leave alone.


“He said he might have broken his leg, again.” I tell him, letting my anger wait for Ted and Mel.


“We’re almost to his apartment, I’ll call you when I get there.” He tells me, hanging up.


EMMETT


Drew hates dealing with Michael, but after what we figured out talking to our new friend Lee, he didn’t growl when I told him we needed to see if Michael hurt himself. Drew came with me to the apartment. I unlocked the door because with a broken leg Michael couldn’t get to the door. I wanted to say it surprised me to see Michael wandering around the apartment on two perfectly good legs, but it didn’t. Only Lindsay’s video gave me a way to get Brian to pay attention, and not brush it off. I turned and kissed Drew whispering to record everything on the phone attached to his ear.


“Hold on, I got a text coming in.” Drew told Ted, then turned on the camera after hanging up and looking at the phone like he was reading a text, facing so Michael would be somewhat in the video if I kept him from walking around too much.


“What are you and Drew doing here?” Michael asks, without a limp or any sign of pain.


“We were thinking of going out to Babylon and since Brian’s not in town, thought you might want to come.” I tell him.


“Did he really leave town and not tell me?” Michael asks, pissed.


“It was business, which helps pay for all the extra therapy you tell him you need.” I say, without showing what I think of the fact that there was nothing wrong with Michael.


“I guess I could go, since Brian won’t be here.” He tells me.


“Are you sure, I mean I wouldn’t want you to hurt your leg or anything. What am I saying, we could stand at the bar while you rest your legs.” I tell him.


“I’m fine, and dancing sounds like just what the doctor ordered.” He tells me, showing me some moves that didn’t remind me of any dancing I’ve ever seen, at least from a human.


“Emmett, we need to cancel, the coach just texted that he wants all of us at the stadium. One of the guys got arrested tonight for lying.” Drew tells me, glaring at Michael.


“Emmett and I can go out.” Michael offers.


“Nope. Apparently they want our partners there so they don’t end up surprised if we get caught.” Drew tells him, hauling me out the door.


I waited till we were in the car and sent the video to Brian before turning to Drew. “Should I worry you can lie without any tells?” I joke.


“Emmett, I was a gay football player, in the closet, with a woman who believed I was straight. Lying came naturally, until you.” He tells me.


“Good answer, now I face the lion.” I tell him, calling Brian.


“Kinnetik, in an hour.” Brian tells me hanging up.


“Kinnetik.” I tell Drew.


“Hopefully he listens, because I really like Brian and would hate to kick his ass if he pisses you off.” Drew tells me.


“He’ll thank me, after wanting to kick my gossiping ass.” I tell him, calling Ted and Blake just in case I need help restraining Drew and Brian.


BRIAN


I was already at Kinnetik when Emmett sent the video of the manipulative asshole to me. I needed a minute or days to calm down. He was supposed to be my best friend, and I wanted to find a reason he would pull this bullshit, other than what everyone keeps telling me. I wanted him to pay for once again pulling me away from Justin, but I also didn’t want to believe my best friend was doing what everyone said he was. It’s a bond that means wanting the best for the other person, not using guilt to jail them. I called him my jailor, but never wanted to believe he was. I picked up my phone, wanting to shatter it for showing me a truth I wouldn’t let myself believe. Instead I called my other jailor.


“Deb, sorry to call you at work and interrupt, but Michael texted me saying he broke his leg. I’m out of town and don’t want to leave him in pain.” I tell her, and get hung up on.


Hopefully, he can explain how his leg is healed and the video I sent a minute later. I opened the wallet I stole from Justin and read the name and address on the driver’s license. “Cole, you have a lot to explain. And so do I.” I whispered.


I pulled up MacTaylor’s web site and looked at the man who could buy and sell Kinnetik if he got bored. Then tried to look him up to see if there was any history I could find out about him. I wanted to know the man I spent two years loving but never bothered to ask anything about, outside of us. What I found out was Justin’s family protected their kids from the media. There were articles with the family but never a picture of any of the children of Jennifer Andrews-Taylor, the daughter of Cole Andrews, a man who knew every leader of the world and most likely put them in office. I doubt he’d be thrilled at my family tree, but then, I never gave a damn or let anything get in my way.


I heard the gaggle that is Ted and Emmett, most likely with Drew to keep Emmett in one piece. Emmett, as usual, didn’t give me a chance to say anything.


“Justin goes by Cole Taylor and owns the car company everyone’s betting over. Apparently he saw you in the Pittsburgh paper since he only lives barely over West Virginia border and since his best girl lived in Pittsburgh, she keeps the paper for news. Why? Couldn’t tell you, since Pittsburgh news tends on the depressing side. Anyway, Justin saw the pictures of Michael acting like you two were a couple and since, according to Lee, you were a bit closed mouth about anything that could explain Pittsburgh, Michael, or the baby you were holding, to Justin. Justin assumed he was the other man in your life. Being the kind man, according to Lee, that Justin is, he walked away before he did anything to split up your marriage, relationship, or whatever Justin thought was going on with Michael. Which came from watching his friend Daphne’s reaction when she found out she’d been dating a married man, and he never wanted to be the person who felt the way Daphne did when the wife confronted her with two children. So, Lee is going to find the love of your life and explain it to him and then you’ll finally stop growling at everyone.” He tells me, smiling at making it through the whole speech without me knocking the shit out of him for knowing anything.


“Tell your new best friend that Justin and I will solve this without anyone doing it for us. We fucked this up together and we will fix it together even if I have to kidnap his ass and make him hear the things I never wanted him to know about me.” I tell him.


“I don’t understand why you didn’t want him to know anything. Brian, you’re a good man who gives everything to the people you care about.” Blake tells me.


“I drink, fuck anything, take anything that keeps me from remembering my shitty childhood, and almost killed the person I call my best friend. What makes you think I would want the man I love to look at the monster I am.” I tell him.


“Because none of that is the man who loves my son and would die for him. Brian Kinney, the man I know, would take a bullet for the dyke who treated you like an enemy because my wife loved a gay man at one time. But yet, Brian Kinney never once did anything but help me when my relationship was in trouble. Instead he gave me his son and trusted that I would love our son the way our families never loved us. That makes you anything but the monster we all let you play to keep us happy. If Justin had the sense to love you, then for once someone really saw you for the person you have always been to all of us. Don’t let him believe anything but the truth, by telling him everything that makes you the best father Gus could have.” Mel tells me, in tears.


“Now Smelly Melly, why aren’t you this passionate in court, you might win.” I tease her, because a crying lesbian is not something I’m used to.


“Fuck off asshole.” She tells me, hugging me.


“Um, can one of you?” I ask, pointing at Mel.


“Deal with it.” Emmett tells me, joining in the hugging shit and damn it Lindsay had to bring Gus and join in.