- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Away from the family, Brian and Justin explore their, um, non-relationship.

and because Tag asked for it...

Brian’s Estate March 17th - St. Patrick’s Day

 

Justin awoke confused and disoriented. His arms seemed pinned to his sides. Fighting through the haze of sleep he tried to orient himself. Then he remembered. He was in West Virginia, in Brian’s house, in Brian’s bed, in Brian’s arms.

Justin relaxed. He shifted his shoulders to loosen his arms.

Brian rolled onto his back in his sleep and shifted so Justin was lying on his chest. Brian’s arms loosely encircled the younger man. With his arms free Justin moved a hand to Brian’s chest, lightly stroking the muscles there.

As it turned out, Justin had opted to share Brian’s room and bed. It was where he wanted to be and where Brian wanted him to be. Emotionally exhausted from the rollercoaster ride of the day, Justin had shed his clothes and crawled between the midnight blue sheets. His head had barely hit the pillow before he was asleep.

Brian had grabbed Justin’s bag as they climbed the stairs. He took a few minutes to hang up Justin’s clothes before joining the younger man in bed. He lay on his back with his hands linked behind his head for a few minutes thinking about the day. In his sleep, Justin rolled into the warmth of the older man’s body and Brian found himself with an armful of beautiful blond. Sighing not unhappily, Brian wrapped his arms around Justin and drifted off to peaceful slumber with a smile on his face.

~~~~~~

The light stroking of Justin’s hands awoke Brian - slowly. In that haze between sleep and wakefulness Brian’s relaxed body welcomed the feather light strokes. Brian kept his eyes shut. He wanted Justin to make the first move. He schooled his body to stay in a relaxed state, but a particular part of him was not cooperating. Brian was pretty sure that Justin could feel his arousal as his cock stretched and grew hard.

Justin’s stroking stilled and was replaced by soft kisses - on Brian’s neck, Brian’s shoulder, Brian’s chest. Justin’s tongue darted out to wet a nipple before capturing it between his lips. Brian groaned in satisfaction.

Justin lifted his head and looked into Brian’s still sleepy eyes. “You like that?”

“Oh, yeah,” was Brian’s response.

Justin repeated the act on Brian’s other nipple, then worked his way back up to Brian’s neck, chin and finally his lips. The morning kiss was soft and not urgent. In response, Brian’s hands loosely caressed Justin’s back making their way down to Justin’s fabulous ass.

Brian frowned.

Feeling the change in Brian’s mouth, Justin lifted his head to look at Brian. “What’s wrong.”

“I was just thinking what a waste it was for you to have this wonderful ass and be a top.”

Justin laughed and pushed at Brian’s shoulder. “I may normally be a top, but with you I rather enjoy being a bottom,” he confessed. Then, a bit embarrassed by the conversation, he buried his face in Brian’s shoulder.

Brian smiled into the silky hair that teased his lips. “I enjoy it very much as well.” Brian returned. Brian weaved his fingers through Justin’s beautiful blond hair. They lay there for a while touching, stroking, exploring each other’s bodies.

The sound of a car on the driveway intruded on the morning’s explorations. Brian’s eyes shifted to the bedside table clock. Nearly nine o’clock - they had slept a long time. “That’ll be Shirley and Bob. I guess we’d better get up.”

Justin shook his head, and Brian looked at him with surprise. “Not until I have my breakfast.”

“Breakfast in bed? Aren’t you the demanding one.”

“Absolutely.” Justin replied and quickly trailed wet kisses down Brian’s body to the object of his high protein morning refreshment. Capturing Brian in his mouth and swirling his tongue around the engorged head Justin began to feast.

“Well, far be it for me to deny you your morning nourishment.” Brian lay back, shut his eyes, and enjoyed.

~~~~~~

The men shared a long shower that gave Brian the opportunity to reciprocate the favor, earning high praises and loud groans from Justin. He also had time to recover and the men shared a throughly wet and enjoyable shower fuck until the water turned cold and drove them out of the stall seeking warmth in the thickly piled heated towels.

After shaving, Justin crossed into the bedroom to dress. He opened up his duffle to find only socks and underwear. Returning to the bathroom, he stood for a moment and watched Brian smooth shaving cream on his face. Their eyes met in the mirror.

God! Brian was beautiful. Justin smiled and moved to the counter where Brian stood. Hopping up on the counter, Justin removed the shaving cream from Brian’s hand. Taking a hand towel, he dampened it and slowly cleansed Brian’s hands. Justin drew a sink full of warm water. Then Justin measured out a portion of shaving cream and stroked it along Brian’s jaw and neck. Grabbing the razor from the counter, he rinsed it in the sink and began to shave Brian.

Brian watched in bemusement. This was a whole new experience for him. It may seem a little thing, but it was a weird loss of control. And he was enjoying it. Justin’s strokes of the razor were gentle. And, Christ, it was sexy. Brian looked down at Justin who was entirely engrossed in his task. Justin didn’t realize that the towel around his waist had become loose, leaving him exposed. Brian reached out to stroke Justin’s hips.

Justin nearly jumped at the touch and quickly pulled the razor back and laughed. “If you don’t watch it, you’ll get nicked.”

“A touch of danger can add to excitement.”

“I don’t know how exciting it will be if we end up in the emergency room.”

“You’re correct. You’d best finish.”

Justin moved back to shaving Brian. With his concentration off, it took a bit longer than he would have thought. It hadn’t helped that Brian’s towel had loosened and fallen to the floor, leaving Brian’s obviously aroused cock displayed directly in front of Justin.

“All done,” Justin proclaimed as he rinsed the razor one last time and emptied the sink. He soaked and rang the towel out before wiping Brian’s face to remove any last vestiges of the shaving cream.

When the towel was removed, Brian cupped Justin’s face in his hands and kissed him. “Thank you.”

“My pleasure,” Justin responded, as he deepened the kiss. Justin hopped down from the counter, not bothering with his towel, which had slipped to the tiled floor. He took Brian by the hand and lead him to the bed with the midnight blue sheets.

~~~~~~

“He’s met someone.” Shirley told her husband as they parked their car outside the Kinney house.

“Now, Shirley...” Bob warned her.

“You don’t have to believe me, but I know it. Something’s up, everything points to it.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well, for one thing when was the last time Brian was here on a Monday morning?”

Bob nodded thinking about it. Brian was never here on Monday mornings. The only exception was if Gus was visiting for a long weekend. “Gus could be visiting his father.”

“Brian doesn’t use the corvette when Gus is here. He uses the Jeep so Gus can ride in the back seat, in his child seat. The corvette’s out front. And...” Shirley paused for effect, “by the amount of frost on the windscreen, it’s been out overnight.”

Bob looked at the corvette, his wife was right, it had been left out overnight - something Brian never did. Brian always pulled the car in the garage and secured it against the elements.

“...And, there’s another vehicle out front that has been here overnight as well.” Shirley pointed out. “I tell you, he’s met someone, and that someone is still here.”

~~~~~~

It was nearly noon before the men descended the stairs in search of food.

They found Shirley and Bob in the kitchen. Brian introduced Justin to the housekeeper and groundskeeper. With a promise from Shirley that she would call them for lunch in no more than a half hour, Brian led Justin off to media room.

“Would you show me some of your artwork?” Brian asked Justin.

“Sure,” Justin replied with a hesitant smile. But instead of grabbing the sketchpad as Brian expected, Justin grabbed his laptop.

Brian raised an eyebrow, but remained silent.

Justin missed Brian’s reaction entirely as he moused and clicked and opened files. Placing the laptop on the coffee table, he opened up his portfolio slideshow. Angling the screen, he turned to Brian. “Can you see?”

Brian nodded.

“This is a portfolio of my work. Most of these are of pieces I’ve already sold. A few are still in galleries for sale. Some are pieces for my upcoming NY show - it’s a large show, I have to have at least 25 pieces ready for the show in July. It’s one of the reasons I’m anxious to get into my new studio space. It’s been difficult to work at Daphne’s - the light’s not right, there’s not enough room to spread out - I’m a bit of a mess when I’m involved in a painting. I’ll start the slide show - you can stop it anytime by pressing the space bar. Feel free to ask questions.”

The slide show consisted of obviously professional photos of large abstract canvases. Brian was impressed with the obvious passion and emotion portrayed in each. As the photos flipped from one to another, he could also see the development of the artist in his craft. The early works though stunning tended to be a bit erratic. As the slide show progressed one could see greater sophistication and maturity. The last fifteen or so works were overwhelming and breathtaking, Brian ended up stopping the show on each one to study them intently.

“They’re exquisite.”

“Really?” Justin asked, the words out of his mouth before he could stop them. He smiled at Brian, pleasure at the older man’s approval obvious on his face.

“Yes, they are, but you don’t need me to tell you that - and my opinion shouldn’t matter. What matters is how you feel about them.”

Justin digested what Brian had said. Brian was right. Justin didn’t create art to mollify the masses and gain other people’s approval. His art was an extension of himself, his emotions. It was necessary, like breathing. And Brian got it. Brian got him. None of his other boyfriends came near to understanding that.

When the slide show came to it’s end, Brian navigated back to a particularly vivid painting of reds, browns and dark orange. The bright, slashing up and down lines at odds with the almost peaceful colors that shadowed the horizontal plane. “Tell me about this piece.”

Justin visibly swallowed. It was one of his most personal pieces. He had worked on developing the piece for years, and had only recently had the courage to paint it. It was one of the cornerstone pieces for the upcoming New York show. “I told you about the hospital - the bashing, the coma, the long time in rehab learning to use my hand again.”

Had he? Brian remembered bits and pieces of conversations.

“Well, I had a lot of anger stored up - but I had trouble expressing it. I held it inside for a long time. Then when I got the computer and the drawing program, I started to develop this piece. I’d come back to it now and then over the past several years, but it wasn’t until last fall I really felt I was able to paint it.”

“Has it been sold yet?” Something about the painting spoke to Brian - he wanted to possess it.

Justin shook his head. “No. It will be in the showing in July. It’s really personal. I don’t want to part with it, but I’m not sure the gallery owner will let me show it if it isn’t for sale.”

Brian thought about that. In his line of work, his creative process was always for sale - it was the point of what he did. But his creative process was never an outlet for his emotion. Brian didn’t really have any outlet for his emotion - except perhaps tricking. A few years ago it had been drinking and drugs as well, but he’d moved past that point.

“Lunch is ready.” Shirley stood at the doorway looking at the men huddled together on the couch. She had found them quietly conversing, not wanting to interrupt, she waited for a natural break to their conversation. Observing their body language she concluded that she had been right. There was nothing overt in their position on the couch or movements. It was the overall relaxed nature of the way they sat next to one another - close but not touching. Neither man appeared embarrassed at the proximity as most men might be. Brian had met someone. Things were going to start to be a lot more interesting around here.

Lunch consisted of thick sandwiches on whole grain bread, a fresh salad and steaming home made soup. Justin ate three sandwiches, much to Shirley’s delight - she always liked a man with a healthy appetite. Brian was very disciplined in what he ate. He always complimented her on her meals, but rarely ate seconds.

Having been informed by Brian that Justin would be staying on for a few days and that they’d be eating breakfast and dinner at home, Shirley headed out to the market with Bob after lunch to get groceries.

“Alone at last.” Brian quipped pulling Justin into his arms for a kiss. “Want to go upstairs?”

Justin smiled. There was little else that he’d rather do, but he was still a bit hesitant with Brian’s employees being gone for what appeared to be a short period of time. He told Brian so.

Brian tried to dismiss Justin’s worries, but the slight tinge of pink on the younger man’s face meant he was serious. He opted to take Justin for a walk around the grounds while there was still light.

They walked for nearly three hours, talking about everything under the sun. Brian was surprised. It seemed Justin was conversant in almost any subject Brian could bring up. Justin listened intently as Brian revealed his hopes for and fears about involvement in Gus’ life. It seemed once Brian began to talk he couldn’t shut up. Brian never exposed himself like this with anyone - not even Michael or Lindsay, and he considered them to be his closest friends.

Justin found the same to be true. He told Brian more about his dreams and fears than he’d ever told anyone - not Daphne, not his lovers, not his mother. Perhaps it was the fact that though they were connected, they were still enough of strangers that there wasn’t already pre-conceived ideas about them as people.

By four they returned to the house. Shirley and Bob were wrapping things up for the day. Dinner was prepared and in the oven, it could be turned on and heated whenever they were ready - instructions were on the counter. Vegetables and salad were in the fridge. Brian thanked the couple and told them to take the following morning off. He decided he wanted time alone with Justin. As the couple took their leave, Brian captured Justin in his arms and kissed him. “They’re gone, want to check out the bedroom now?”

 

Justin blushed, but this time there was no hesitation, he nodded and pulled Brian’s head down for another kiss.