- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The boys venture out to see what West Virginia has in the way of night life. Part 2 of 3 parts of Weekend at Brian's.

Saturday, March 28 The Wheel [bar/club] Wheeling, WV

 

After dinner, the boys headed to The Wheel, the dance club that Justin had found on the Internet. Justin went through the door that Brian held open for him and came to a dead stop; he was thunderstruck by the scene in front of him. Men paired off two by two moving around the dance floor. Having stopped short, Brian ended up running into him.

Justin swallowed. “It’s a... a...” Justin could feel the rumble bubble up in Brian’s chest against his back as Brian chuckled and finished his sentence, “...a country western gay bar!”

He was still laughing as Ted came through the door and halted beside them. Ted’s mouth was open, but it didn’t seem to be working, he just kept shaking his head “no”.

Michael was the next through the door, equally shocked, “This is... This is...”

“Fabulous!” Emmett finished. With a whirl worthy of a runway model on the catwalk, Emmett discarded his coat and headed toward the dance floor.

“Whoa there cowboy!” Brian snagged Emmett by the loop of his jeans.

All of the men turned and looked at Brian.

“First things first, since I know that it’s been a while since you all have been out to a club other than Babylon, we should review the rules so we all survive and your husbands don’t kill me.”

When he was sure that he had everyone’s attention, Brian continued. “Justin, you’re driving us, so no drinking or using other contraband.” Justin grimaced at the order but nodded his head.

Brian went on, “Stick with drinks that come with a sealed top. We don’t know the bartenders here. Watch your drinks, don’t set them down and don’t accept them from anyone other than our group.” Ted, Emmett, and Michael nodded. It had been a while, but they knew the drill.

“Justin,” when the younger man looked up at him, Brian handed him his and Emmett’s coats. “Would you be so kind as to check the coats, while I remind the boys that they’re married?”

Justin nodded and offered to take Ted’s and Michael’s coats as well.

Slinging an arm around Ted and Michael’s shoulders, but looking directly at Emmett. “Now gentleman, I don’t want to have to explain anything to your better halves. I’m pretty sure I could take Blake, but I’m equally as sure that Ben and Drew can kick my ass. So suffice to say, you can inspect the livestock, but no visiting the stable.”

“You’re no fun!” Emmett exclaimed as he spun off to the dance floor.

“I guess I better go make sure he stays out of trouble.” Ted headed after Emmett.

Michael smiled up at Brian. “You know, you can be a pretty nice guy sometimes.”

“Don’t let the word get around, it would ruin my status as an asshole.”

Justin came back from checking their coats. Brian wrapped his free arm around Justin. “Drinks are on me boys.”

After ordering a round of beers and bottled water, Brian, Justin, and Michael watched as Emmett tried to instruct Ted on a line dance.

Out of the five of them, Emmett definitely had the right ensemble. Dressed in cowboy boots, jeans, a gingham western shirt with pearl covered snap buttons, and a bandana around his neck, Emmett fit in with the western gear of the crowd. Ted looked, well, like an accountant on casual Friday in chino dockers and a polo shirt. Michael, though in jeans, looked a bit out of place in his striped knit shirt. Brian and Justin flew under the radar in monochome jeans and tee shirts - black for Brian, blue for Justin.

Justin, Brian, and Michael leaned back against the bar on their elbows taking in the scenery and atmosphere. Michael, for once, appeared to be in a good mood. He and Brian were playing a game of top/bottom. Justin was amused how absolute each was in his opinion.

“Him?” With his beer bottle, Michael indicated a tall, dark man with a mustache and a Stetson.

“Total bottom boy.” Brian declared.

“Him?” Michael nodded to a lanky black haired man with a buzz cut.

“Absolutely a top, but bottoms for the right guy.” Brian drawled laconically.

Justin leaned in and licked Brian’s ear, whispering, “Just like someone else I know.”

Brian turned and growled “behave” in Justin’s ear, before capturing the younger man’s mouth and tongue fucking him.

Ted and Emmett sauntered up to the bar after their spin on the dance floor.

Brian ordered up a beer and a bottled water and handed them to his friends.

“What’s your opinion?” Brian asked Ted. Ted had been involved in all aspects of the purchase, rebuilding, managing and upgrading of Babylon. Although Manny handled day to day operations, as Kinnetik’s CFO he had his finger on the pulse.

“I’d say they are probably doing nearly a mil gross annually - they are the only game in town. The place seems to be well run - even if it isn’t my cup of tea. Patron’s are happy - a little rowdy and rough here and there - but overall not a bad operation.”

“So you think I should buy it?” Brian asked, laughing when Ted choked on his water causing some of it to run out his nose.

“Brian!” Emmett glared at him as he grabbed drink napkins from the bar and help clean up his friend.

“I’m joking. Joking, Theodore.” Brian clapped Ted on the back.

“Thank god, it’s not like I don’t have enough to do in Pennsylvania!”

Brian ordered Ted another water. Handing the bottle to Ted he cuffed him on the shoulder.

Brian grabbed Justin and led him to the dance floor. As couples two-stepped around them, Brian and Justin stood in the midst of other bodies and swayed gently to the music.

“Who would have thought it?” Emmett asked Michael and Ted, as he watched Brian and Justin on the dance floor. It was like the rest of the world didn’t exist. Emmett thought that they were beautiful together. Brian’s darkness, the perfect foil for Justin’s pale skin and golden blond hair. Though not overt, there was something exotic and erotic about how the couple swayed their eyes locked on one another. A touch here, a caress there, they seemed to have to stay in constant contact with one another. Emmett fanned himself, he was getting hot just watching them.

From the other side of Emmett a man spoke out.

“He is sooo hot!”

“They’re both hot!” the man’s companion responded.

“He is, like, such a total Brian Kinney!”

Three heads turned and stared at the men who stood next to them at the bar.

Ted and Michael were speechless, but Emmett piped up “You know Brian?”

“Huh?” the man next to Emmett turned to the group.

“You did say Brian Kinney, didn’t you?” Emmett questioned him.

The man laughed. “Yeah. You’re not from around here, are you?” He took in Emmett’s outfit, and what Michael and Ted were wearing. “It’s like a joke around here. You see some hot guy and you call a ‘Brian Kinney’.”

“Wha!” Michael started in, but Emmett waived him to be quiet.

“How come?” Emmett asked, intrigued.

“Well, we.” The man indicated himself and his companion. “Scott and I - I’m Peter by the way. As I was saying, Scott and I have this friend - Todd - who lives in Pittsburgh. He moved there over ten years ago, but we keep in touch. Anyway, early on when he moved there he’d come home occasionally, and he’d tell us of the all about his life in Pittsburgh. Well, he was always talking about this club - Babylon - you know? And he’d tell us all these wild stories about this guy named Brian Kinney. He was supposed to be like the hottest super stud. Anyway, it just kind of started. Whenever we’d see a hot guy we’d wonder if he was as hot as Brian Kinney. Eventually, all hot guys became Brian Kinney’s.”

Scott joined in. “So when we see a guy who’s totally hot - like the guy on the dance floor,” he said pointing to Brian with his beer.

“...he’s a Brian Kinney.” Peter finished.

“Todd tells some great stories - really unbelievable stuff.” Scott added. “I’m pretty sure it’s just some fairy tale - I don’t think the guy really exists.”

“Oh he exists.” Ted put in dryly.

“Really!?” Peter was intrigued.

“In fact,” Emmett joined in, nodding to the couple on the dance floor, “you’re looking at him.”

“No shit!” Scott leaned back on the bar, amazed.

Peter scurried away abruptly, Michael, Ted, and Emmett staring after him.

“He’ll be back.” Scott drawled laconically.

~~~~~~

Word spread around the bar. It appeared Brian Kinney was the stuff legends were made of - well, at least what West Virginia country western gay bar legends were made of. The bar virtually buzzed.

Justin, who had had his eyes shut as he swayed with his head on Brian’s shoulder opened them as the noise around them increased. Everyone seemed to be staring at him and Brian. Well, actually, it was more like they were staring at Brian.

“Uh, Brian?”

Brian had his eyes shut and was nuzzling Justin’s neck.

“Uh, everyone is staring at us.”

“Of course they are, we’re hot.” Brian ran his tongue around the shell of Justin’s ear making him shiver.

“Uh, actually, it’s more like they’re staring at you.”

“I’m hot.” Brian licked along Justin’s jaw.

“It’s not like a ‘he’s hot!’ stare, it’s kinda creepy.”

Brian sighed at being interrupted. Lifting his head to do a quick scan of the bar he realized Justin was right. People were staring - and talking - and pointing (how rude!) - and not in the usual admiring, desiring way. Brian straightened, grabbed Justin and stalked to the bar.

“Let’s get out of here,” Brian said to Emmett, Michael and Ted. But before they could move, the bartender put a glass on the bar and poured a double of Beam. Brian looked at the bartender with a raised eyebrow. “What’s that?”

“Someone would like to buy you a drink.” The bartender replied. “In fact, I have several someones who want to buy you drinks.”

“Brian,” Emmett touched Brian’s arm to gain his attention - quickly recoiling when Brian pulled back. “I’d like to introduce you to our new West Virginia friends.” Brian shot Emmett a ‘like I care’ look, but Emmett went on. “This is Peter and Scott. ” He indicated the men to his left. “ Scott, Peter - Brian.” Emmett turned back to Brian. “It turns out their friends of Todd’s.”

At Brian’s questioning look, Emmet clarified. “You know Todd, from Babylon,” Emmett lowered his voice. “From the back room...?”

“Todd.” Brian smiled a wolfish grin, he turned to Peter and Scott. “You’re Todd’s friends?”

Peter and Scott nodded. Peter gushed forward. “We are like thrilled to meet you!” Scott bobbed his head to relay his enthusiasm.

Todd was a regular at Babylon - almost a permanent fixture. Todd provided hours of entertainment to so many of the patrons of Babylon. Brian silently mused, maybe he should put him on the payroll. That made Brian really smile. Ted would kill him.

“Uh, Bri?” Emmett interrupted his thoughts. “It seems that Todd has been telling stories. You’re quite a celebrity here.” And with that statement, it seemed like floodgates opened. Suddenly the boys were surrounded, everyone wanted to shake hands with and talk to the legendary Brian Kinney.

Eventually, the crowd thinned and things died down. They had moved from the bar to a more lounge area of the bar. Sam, the owner of The Wheel, joined Peter and Scott and the gang. Sam and Ted were comparing notes on running the bar/club operation. Emmett entertained Peter and Scott with stories of his party planning business. Michael was unusually quiet - probably due to the fact that he’d consumed a bit more alcohol than planned due to the constant rounds of free drinks. Brian settled into the corner of the couch, an arm loosely draped around Justin, just listening to the conversation.

“So,” Peter piped up, having had a bit too much to drink as well, “is the back room going to have the pleasure of witnessing one of your legendary fucks?”

Brian laughed; he couldn’t take offense. Peter and Scott had been rather sweet all evening - holding back the stream of admirers, keeping everyone in line.

Everyone around the couch seemed to hold their breath. Brian looked at Justin who raised an eyebrow. With an almost imperceptible shake of his head, Brian turned to his audience and replied, “I’m afraid not.”

Ted snickered. When Brian shot him a glare, Ted explained, “Sorry, old joke.”

Brian moved on, “Though I do enjoy a bit of exhibitionism, I think that even I would be a bit put off by such a public performance.”

Peter and Scott moaned in disappointment.

“Besides,” Brian continued, “I’m afraid that I have a previously scheduled private performance that will require all of my energy.” Brian looked at Justin. Blue eyes sought gold and reflected pleasure and satisfaction. Brian could see how much his answer meant to Justin, and he felt fantastic. He wanted to leave - now.

“Well, boys, I think that we should be heading out.” Despite protests, Brian stood up, hauling Justin with him and wrapping the younger man in a loose two armed hold. “Scott, Peter, Sam, if you are in Pittsburgh, make sure to give us a call so we can return the hospitality.” Brian patted his pockets, realizing he only brought cash with him, he turned to Ted. “Ted, give them your card so they can reach us.”

Ted nodded and extracted business cards from his wallet.

Gathering up the troops, the gang headed out the door to cheers and goodbyes. Brian paused at the doorway, surveyed the bar and dance floor. He couldn’t depart without leaving them a little something. Brian pulled Justin into a full body embrace and stole his mouth in a searing kiss.

Peter leaned against Scott and sighed, “That’s some fairy tale!”

~~~~~~

It was nearly 3am when they arrived back at the house. Ted and Emmett volunteered to get Michael to bed - he’d fallen asleep in the car. Brian watched as his three friends navigated the staircase. Justin put their coats in the hall closet and joined Brian at the bottom of the stairs.

“Bed?”

Brian shook his head and took Justin by the hand. “I’m thinking a late night swim might be in order.”

“But I don’t have my suit.”

 

Brian looked at Justin and realized he was being teased. He smiled, “I think I can find something to cover you... like me.” Brian captured Justin’s lips and dragged him to the pool house.