- Text Size +

- - -

After having breakfast with the nice families of Jón, Brjánn and Atli, Brian and Justin said their goodbyes and made all of them promise to contact them if they were ever in the US and needed advice. Jón gave them his phone number in case they had any trouble on their journey. They decided to head to the next town up the west coast, Borgarnes where they would find a place to eat lunch and plan their next moves.



The drive to Borgarnes took them about an hour and they sat down in a roadside diner and had a small meal. In Brian’s opinion it was a crazy idea to travel without a plan but he could see that Justin was loving it so he did not complain, however he was glad to have the guide book which proved to be essential.  The evening before Justin had texted Valur and found out that he had made it back from Copenhagen and was already in Ísafjörður where he planned to stay until the airport opened up again and he could head back to work. He told them if they to visited the area he would be happy to show them around. Brian and Justin gladly accepted his kind offer so they did have an eventual destination, they just needed to plan their drive up there. They did have enough time on their hands so they could afford to travel short distances every day and see things along the way.



According to the book, Snæfellsnes peninsula was a nice place to visit and had plenty of activities to fill at least one day. They decided to find a hotel there and stay for two nights. Using www.booking.com they were glad to find an easy to navigate map which listed hotels in the area. They chose to book a room at a Hotel Hellnar on the southern side. It had excellent reviews, though many complained a bit about the price. It was one of the hotels Valur had recommended and while there were other less expensive hotels and guesthouses in the area that got just as good or even better reviews, many of those were already fully booked. They both wanted to try the restaurant at Hellnar which also had great reviews. Justin loved the pictures of the surrounding areas. They did not want to run into problems with other hotels being booked up so they also thought about what to do after Hellnar.



Not knowing how far it was reasonable to plan driving after leaving Snæfellsnes, they decided to call Edda and get her opinion. They told her that they were heading for Ísafjörður and wanted to take it slowly and have activities every day. She agreed that two days in Snæfellsnes was not too much and as for the following nights, suggested a hotel on the southern side of the Westfjords peninsula called Flókalundur for one night. She told them they had the option of taking a ferry across Breiðafjörður, from Stykkishólmur to Brjánslækur pier which was less than five miles from the Hotel. That way they would enjoy the view of the uncountable bird islets and skerries and have a rest for a few hours instead of driving all the southern fjords. If the boat was fully booked though, she told them not to worry they could make the drive in almost the same amount of time but the ferry would be more comfortable. She promised to send them a link to where they could find the schedule and buy tickets to the boat.  



As for the trip from Flókalundur to Ísafjörður she told them it could be done in a day, but there were many popular stops in the westfjords and they should consider staying overnight midways. She offered to call a cousin of hers who had a hotel quality cabin midways that she rented out to tourists in the summer time at a very reasonable price. She offered to call her to hear if she had an opening. When she emailed back the information for the boat she also told them the cabin was free for the night in question, her cousin had a cancellation since her guests would not make it to Iceland because of the eruption and she was very happy to rent it to them. All they had to do was email her and confirm.   



They agreed that in order to avoid another sheep drama, they would each drive a short distance, swap seats regularly and not look off the road while on driving duty. They also decided to follow the instructions of the guide book and stop at the many interesting sites listed.



So here they were heading along road 54 towards the large peninsula of Snæfellsnes.  The weather was not as nice as the day before, it was windier and some thick clouds in the southern sky looked as if they might be heading their way. The rolling hills and continuous mountain ridge landscape of the main island were slowly changing into the volcanic scenery of the peninsula with it’s short and sometimes flat craters and old lava fields in between farmlands. Both men were both still a bit jet lagged and confused by this endless day they found themselves in.


Screen Shot 2014-06-22 at 11.16.13 AM.png

For a detailed map of Snæfellsnes - Click here



Justin read out loud from the guidebook. “There is a place near this road that has basalt columns. I’ve never seen those. Let’s stop there. And wouldn’t it be great if we could find a place that does tours to the glacier?” Brian was deep in thought, he did hear what Justin was saying but he did not reply to his sentences in more than one syllable words.


“It’s really funny how this peninsula looks like your cock,” Justin said testing Brian’s hearing. He knew from experience that a silent Brian could mean many things. He had known him for so long and his Brian radar was so finely tuned he realized that in this case it was not bad, it was just Brian resting his mind. And indeed Brian did hear him but instead of answering back Brian grinned at him and placed his hand on his thigh. Justin sighed and smiled back at him. His eyes said it loudly and clearly, ‘Oh god… my boyfriend is so sexy’.



Their first stop was Gerðuberg,  the large wall of basalt columns, big massive and too many to count, hexagonal rock towers that looked almost man made. There was a sign next to the parking place that explained that when molten lava cools down slowly it would  produce large columns like that. Justin was still in his mood for teasing Brian. He walked up close to one of the columns that stood a bit separated from the others and patted it softly up and down and then gave it a hug. “Ohhh look, isn’t it nice and big… mmm.. I wish I was a giant right now so that I could sit right down on it and ride it like a big dildo…” He could not help himself and smiled mischievously when Brian discretely adjusted his pants.



S1K4 Gerduberg.jpg




“Sunshine, this is the second time in less than half an hour, ” Brian walked up close to him, grabbed his hand and pulled him to his chest ballroom style. He grabbed his round ass cheeks and fondled them lovingly. “You really need it bad, don’t you?. I know I’ve neglecting you. You do realize I am gonna have to punish you for this.”


“Do you promise?” Justin’s gave him a smile that made the sun hide behind a cloud in shame.


“Oh. Yes. I. Do. Now please behave or I’m gonna be walking around here with a giant boner.”  


“Allllllright. I promise I’ll be good” Justin’s whisper leaked into Brian’s ear like warm honey.


“Ahhh… Sunshine, this tone is not helping.” Brian would have thrown him down right there and then and fucked the shit out of him if the area was not filling up with the tourists from the bus that arrived just after them.


“Well… perhaps if you thought about your mother’s vag…”  Brian put a finger over Justin's lips preventing him to finish the v-word.


“Yeah, we both know that will work, but I’d rather be hard… you like me that way….”


And that’s how their verbal foreplay continued.  


- - - - -


Brian was still feeling a bit thirsty from the heavy meal and drinking too much whiskey with the men the evening before. When he finished the bottled water he had purchased at the roadside shop earlier he turned to Justin who had also finished his. They had just passed another roadside shop and did not know when they would see the next one, when Justin read in the guide about a spot where naturally carbonated water flowed freely from the ground and travelers could use it for free. It was not such a long drive. When they got there, the only thing that indicated that this was the right place was a bent out of shape sign with the word ‘Ölkelda’ on it and a tab on top of a pipe coming out of the ground. It was all very basic. Brian was surprised they would not make the location more eye catching. But the water was really good. Not too cold but refreshing all the same and just what they needed.



“This place could do with a makeover. I guess it’s free for a reason,” Brian said jokingly. “They need a better adman.”



“You could turn this into something great, Brian, but I kind of like its simplicity, it’s definitely not sexy at all, but it is kind of cute.”



“Yeah... well I don’t really go for cute. You are my only exception.” Brian hugged Justin from the back and together they silently looked around. Justin knew Brian liked things simple and quiet even though he would not give up on extravagant either. And he certainly did not want him to.



The wind was picking up and the first few raindrops started to make their way downward from the accumulating clouds.  “Let’s go,” Justin was the first one to break the comfortable silence. ”There is a ‘cute’ little canyon I read about in the book. It’s supposed to be visible from the road. I want to see if we can find it. You drive!”  They both got in the car and headed further west down the peninsula.


The canyon they were looking for was more like a rift in the mountain.  Justin read out loud from the guidebook:


“As the legend goes, shortly after the settlement of Iceland and Greenland, two brothers Sölvi and Rauðfeldur (Red-fur, the boy was probably a redhead like many of the settlers who were of Irish blood) lived in Snæfellsnes. The brothers were playing with their cousin Helga one winter and thought it was funny to tease her and put her on an iceberg. Unluckily, what they did not know was that the currents in the area were, as they are today still, some of the strongest in Iceland and the iceberg drifted out to sea. Like in a Disney movie, Helga ended up in Greenland, fell in love, got married and had stories written about her there. However, unfortunately for the brothers, long distance communication in those days sucked pretty bad, and when their uncle Bárður, who oddly enough was half troll and half human, found out that his oldest and favorite daughter had drifted out to sea, he thought she was dead and grabbed the brothers, one under each of his troll like arms and headed up upon the cliffs along the shoreline. Once there Bárður tossed his nephew Sölvi down into the breaking waves. He then headed towards the mountains and flung Rauðfeldur into a rift in the mountain. Since that day the rift is called Rauðfeldsgjá (Red fur rift) and the ocean cliffs Sölvahamar (the cliffs of Sölvi). After this Bárður vanished into the Snæfellsjökull glacier never to be seen in human form’


“WOW! What a drama - it’s definitely not Disney friendly...” Justin commented and Brian had to agree.


It seemed many a place in Iceland had a dramatic story behind it’s name. Justin had earlier in the day read from the same book a story about a waterfall called ‘Children falls’ because two young children had drowned in it. The book went on telling how people in the area claimed to have seen Báður, in the form of a cloud, several times and that he lived in the glacier and was the protector of men who were in trouble both on land and sea. The locals referred to him as Bárður Snæfellsás, (‘ás’ meaning god) and that they would call upon him when finding themselves in trouble.  


“Hey!, that’s got to be it,” Justin said after about a 15 minute drive. “There are some cars there.”



The hike to Rauðfeldsgjá was really short and only took a few minutes but now it had started to rain more heavily so they were happy to christen their 66°N jackets. The rift itself was a very narrow one, almost like a crack in the mountain, and a tall narrow waterfall was hiding inside.  




On the way there they passed the people from the other cars so when they got there they had the place to themselves. It was a bit spooky inside, birds were obviously nesting on the high sills and even though they were not aggressive they were not so happy to be disturbed by the visiting humans either. Justin was walking immediately before Brian and the light from the entrance was barely enough to light their way now that it was raining and not as bright as before.



“It’s dark in here. We almost need a flashlight. It might dangerous - I’m not sure if it is such a good idea to go much deepeEEERHH!!!” Justin lost his balance on the slippery path and thought for a second he would plunge down the gravelly side into the dark stream.



“Not so fast Sunshine,” Brian said as he grabbed him and prevented him from falling. He pulled his young blond explorer close. “Careful now…. you know, you’re wrong about the darkness. I find that it’s just right. Did you notice everyone else left? We are all alone. I was checking out your delicious ass… I can go deep into your tight dark cave… I promise it’s not gonna be dangerous…” he growled the words into Justin’s ear, instantly making him hard.


 

And that’s how Justin ended up holding on to the wet canyon’s wall while Brian was thrusting inside him.


“Oh yesss….. go deeper… that’s good… Oh God... I’ve missed your cock inside me...” Justin  moaned.


“I… told you… we don’t… need… a flashlight,” Brian said between his thrusting and bit the back of his lover’s neck.


“Ohhh… oh! That’s right! Right there…“ They could both hear voices in the distance and laughing children. The new visitors might just be in for a surprise…


“Hurry up, Brian!”


“I’m almost there,” Brian panted, grabbed his lover’s cock and started jerking it. From there it did not take long. They both came seconds later and managed to pull up their pants before the new arrivals… came.



Brain placed the used condom inside a small zip lock bag he kept for just such emergencies. It was too dark to notice Justin’s flaming red face and none of the newcomers seemed to realize their recent activity. The parents were too busy worrying that the children would venture too far by themselves and seemed to not have noticed anything other than two men politely saying hello. The new guests simply replied with a heavy German accent and, as the satisfied couple left the canyon, Brian slung his arm around Justin’s shoulders and gave him a quick kiss while they walked back towards their car.



They were close to Hellnar now, and had plenty of time to check in and still make it to the nearby cave they wanted to visit. As they turned their rental car towards Hellnar, which seemed to be a tiny village with scattered cabins, old houses and what looked like a farm turned into a hotel.



The receptionist was very welcoming and immediately asked them if they wanted to book a table for dinner that night. She excused the fact that all tables were booked for the first sitting since they had a large group staying, but they were welcome to a table at 8 o’clock. She offered to tell them about things to do in the neighborhood and specifically recommended a guided tour to the water cave, Vatnshellir. Justin told her that they had been planning to visit the cave and she offered to book the tour for them at a special discount rate available only for the guests of the hotel. The time was approaching 4pm so they had the choice of three departures. However she recommended that they’d wait until one of the last two departures since that large group she’d mentioned earlier was doing the 4 pm tour.



They opted to take her advice and booked the last tour of the day at 6pm - that way they would have time to take a short nap and a shower and come back to the hotel with plenty of time to get ready for dinner.


 

They had booked a deluxe room with mountain view but the receptionist offered them an upgrade to the Superior Double Room with Balcony and ocean view. Because of the rain, the glacier would be be obstructed with clouds, and since both rooms were free she recommended the change. Both men liked the idea and gladly accepted.



They went back to the car and brought in their luggage and were shown to their room. It wasn’t very big but very nicely decorated with a great view to the ocean and a painting of the glacier they had yet to see on the wall. The bed was a regular queen size and not the king size Brian preferred, but since most of the time they slept close to each other anyway, that should not be a problem. Brian could not control his inner neat freak and quickly placed their things away. He was more than ready to have a shower. They had barely showered since leaving the States since the cabin of the night before did not have much hot water. Justin was out on the balcony enjoying the spectacular view of the breaking waves. He found the scenery, even with the weather turning nasty on them with a frisky wind and almost horizontal rain by now, very beautiful and life affirming. Brian went to join him.



“You need a bath little boy. Come on I’ll help.” Brian pulled Justin with him inside, closed the drapes and then proceeded to slowly undress his young traveling companion. Then he led them both into the small but very well organized bathroom. The shower was embedded into the wall with dark blue miniature tiles and LED lights. It didn’t have a glass door to it like the one in the loft but there was a thick shower curtain with a printed picture of the glacier in the middle of the room and the floor reclined a little towards the shower. He reached in and turned on the water which heated up immediately to a very pleasant temperature. He pulled Justin to him and moved both of them into the stall pulling the shower curtain into place  


Brian then let his eyes roam over Justin’s body, just like the thousands of other times had he done that before. He couldn’t imagine ever being able to stop himself from doing it every time he saw that beautiful lithe little body. The days when they were apart, when Justin would be in New York and he in Pittsburgh, were getting to be harder than he liked to admit. He hadn’t told Justin, but he would not mind it at all if the boy came back home.


“This shower is so tiny. I’ll have to stand really close to you…”


“Brian… you sound like such a pervert!...” Justin actually liked that the shower stall was this tiny. Their intimate showers were among his favorite moments.


“mmhmmm… but I know you like it”. Brian grabbed the hotel’s shower gel and poured a generous amount into his hand. He lathered it up and took great care washing Justin’s hair and body, giving special care to his sweet ass.


“Are you sore?” Brian knew their express fuck in the canyon earlier might not have been the best idea.


“No…. I’m good… fuck me again… please…”  Justin couldn’t help himself. “Big boy,” he added and smiled mischievously.


Brian did not waste any time and reached into the toiletry bag he’d placed on the sink next to the shower stall.


“Put it on me,” Brian said, handing the condom he pulled out to Justin. Those few words had such magical meaning for both of them. He then lifted Justin up so the shorter man could wrap his legs around him and then Brian slowly let himself inside his favorite place in the world. They fucked slowly against the shower tiles only losing eye contact when they re-explored the territory so very familiar to both of them - each other mouths. After a while, their moves became more hurried, yet they both fought to keep their orgasms at bay. The contest for who would last the longest was extremely even towards the end. But it was never a fair game. Brian was using a lot of energy holding Justin up like that, so in the end he lost the race and howled out his cry of defeat, cumming vocally. Justin was not far behind and, as their still connected bodies slowly sunk to the floor and died a little in the heavy sedating rain of the hot shower, they both wanted the moment to last forever.  But new life follows death and soon both men started feeling the effects of kneeling on the floor inside the shower stall. Justin got up off Brian and tenderly indicated that Brian should stay seated.

 

“Let me wash your hair,” he offered, motioning to Brian to turn around as he reached out of the stall and grabbed Brian’s shampoo. Kneeling behind the still seated man he poured a small amount directly onto his scalp. The cool feeling of the gel was sensual and as Justin started massaging it into a thick lather Brian couldn’t help moaning. He leaned back against Justin's chest and enjoyed the moment to the fullest. Showers were definitely something he did not want to live without for long. It wasn’t long before Justin noticed Brian’s cock rise to salute him again and he wasted no time before he got down on the floor and helped himself to his favorite snack.

 

After the shower they dried each other off and lay on the bed holding each other quietly.

 

“Don’t fall asleep, I still want to visit the cave today,” Justin reminded him.

 

“Where do you get your energy?” Brian asked - Justin was on to him, he was dangerously close to falling asleep.

 

“Keeping up with you,” came the answer instantly.

 

“hmmm… Just a few minutes. You wore me out back there.” Brian smiled at the thought of how no man but Justin could do that to him. He trusted Justin to look after the time. If his Tiger wanted something, he would make sure to get it.



- - - -


They made it to the cave just minutes before 6 pm - the last trip of the day. It was one of the main attractions in the area and a lot of cars were parked in the parking lot next to the entrance.   The wind had gotten even stronger now and the rain was not kidding any more, coming violently at them from the side. The purchase of the rain clothes had been a great idea and the fleece midlayers were really helpful. Brian also now understood Edda’s comment at the store about why very few Icelanders used umbrellas. An umbrella would break instantly in this wind.



They hurried from the car to the round stairway that led down into the huge underground cave. At the entrance they were welcomed by a guide who received their vouchers from the hotel.

“So, how do you like Iceland?” She called through the wind and Brian and Justin replied as one “We fucking LOVE it!!” The guide laughed and explained that the tour would be in English but they had headphones for those who preferred another language. They were each given a helmet for protection and a flashlight and asked to sign a disclosure that they were entering at their own risk. All visitors were encouraged to take each step with caution and not leave the group. After descending numerous steps down the round stairs, they met up with the rest of the tour group and a different guide who welcomed them to the cave and told them it was a good choice to use the nasty weather outside to explore caves. He told the guests not to worry about their vacation getting ruined because of the weather, a low front was passing over and the storm was at its height now, meaning it would soon get better. “If you don’t like the weather in Iceland, wait 5 minutes,” he said.


 

He explained how the cave had been opened to guided tours in 2011. It was believed to have been created in an eruption more than 6000 years ago and it was one of the largest caves in Iceland that was open to the public. He explained that the name of the cave Vatnshellir meant ‘water cave’ and that in earlier times people in the area would take water from the cave since the surface did not have a lot of fresh water - due to the porous lava that made up most of the ground, surface rain would simply disappear into the ground and, unlike most places in Iceland, the peninsula did not have many rivers.

The group was then led around the 200 meter long cave and shown stunning lava formations and stalactites in various natural red and yellow colors. The guide also told the visitors how the entire core of the peninsula had caves and cracks of various sizes and asked them to stay on marked pathways when hiking in the area since dogs and even some people had disappeared and never been found again. He then showed them a skeleton of a fox that had been found in the cave. It’s head was missing and the guide explained that it had been stolen a few weeks back to the great sadness of the guides.  


It was a good tour but Brian had to admit to himself that he felt better up on the surface.

 

- - -


They eventually made their way back to the hotel and started to get ready for dinner. When Brian tried to follow Justin into the bathroom Justin stopped him.



“Brian…you are insatiable. We have less than 45 minutes - we are taking separate showers.” He couldn’t help laughing at the look Brian gave him. “Three times in one afternoon… Didn’t you have…”


“There is no such thing as enough when it comes to you” Brian interrupted.


“Good things come to those who wait. Now stay!” He felt a bit bad pushing Brian away and planned to make it up to him later. Justin emerged from the bathroom a few minutes later and, if he thought Brian had changed his mind, he was deadly wrong.



“Brian do you know where my…” drying his hair, Justin did not see Brian immediately but stopped in his tracks when his eyes met a completely naked Brian on the bed stroking his gorgeous penis.



“Yes… I know where it is… comere…” Brian said in a drawling sexy voice as he continued stroking himself. Justin’s cock obviously had a mind of his own and a large bulk started to appear under the towel he was wrapped in. One thing was not about to change - he simply could not help himself when he was around Brian. Justin dropped his towel immediately and climbed on top of his lover within seconds. He smiled his genuine sunshine smile as he grabbed the lube Brian had put out next to him and squirted a generous amount on his fingers then started to prepare himself. Brian hurriedly put on a condom, grabbed onto Justin’s hips and helped him lower himself down until his cock was buried to the hilt in the sweetest ass in the entire world. Justin then rode him - slowly at first, as he was getting used to his size, and then harder until they met at the top of their orgasmic cliff and plunged together over the edge, soaring like birds through the air. They both landed softly on the bed, neither really wanting to leave, but a loud rumble from Justin’s gut reminded them that they had not eaten anything since the small lunch they had at the start of their day. They took another quick shower together, and quickly got dressed. They made it to dinner only a few minutes later than the reserved time.

 

- - - -


The food was simply to die for and neither man would have wanted to miss that. Brian asked the waiter if he could to recommend a low carb dinner and he certainly could. As a first course they had freshly caught lemon-marinated blue mussels followed by a salmon so tender it pretty much melted in their mouths. With the salmon, they had a cucumber and wakame salad with sesame seeds. Justin asked for a side of potatoes though - he needed the energy. They drank two bottles of good white wine with their dinner. Their table offered an excellent ocean view. It had stopped raining and patches of blue sky were beginning to dominate the sky again.  


For dessert the waiter recommended a Icelandic specialty - a low fat milk product called ‘Skyr’ with blueberries. He explained it was the most popular milk product in Iceland, eaten as breakfast, post-workout boosts, lunch and dessert and no one needed to feel guilty from eating it, since it was almost fat free and low in sugar the way they served it.  With the coffee they had a good quality cognac.




When they were finishing dinner the waiter came by their table and asked them to contact the reception on their way back from dinner.  It turned out that the hotel had run into a problem with their bookings. A group that was arriving the next day had two more people than expected, and the hotel really depended on staying on good terms with the bus company. The receptionist wanted to ask them to help and if they were willing to move to another hotel she would organize it for them and in return she could offer them a 50% discount off a midnight tour to the glacier on a snowcat.


Brian and Justin looked at each other silently agreeing not to tell her that they were absolutely fine with the idea of moving and that they had been planning on booking that same snowcat tour the next day. They hadn’t thought the rain would be over so soon and were also happy with their day’s activities so far.


Brian snorted involuntarily trying to hide his amusement. “Do they allow slightly inebriated guests on that trip?”


“Can you act sober in public,” the receptionist shot back immediately, causing Justin to bend over in a fit of laughter. Yep, another strong Icelandic woman.


“Let’s do it… I really want to…” Justin said and faked a small innocent smile.


“Not. Here.” Brian bit back at him with a twinkle in his eyes. He had to repeat to himself in his mind ‘Nice-Cold-Glacier-Trip-with-Straight-People’ to calm down his middle section.

 

The receptionist informed them that there was a shuttle from the hotel up towards the glacier to meet the snow cat.

 

If they thought the trip to the Glacier would be good they were severely underestimating things. Even the word ‘awesome’ only went halfway to describing the trip. From the top of the almost mile high glacier they had a view in all directions. They saw the whole way they traveled so far.  Their guide pointed out to them the route they had driven over the previous two days. They saw the monstrous ash cloud from the volcano again. It was even bigger now than the previous day. Justin could not believe that less than 2 days had passed since they landed in Iceland.

They saw the islands and skerries they would be sailing through eventually get to the West Fjords.  The west fjords were still covered with the clouds from the low fronts though. And, to top it off, it was sunset. The sun had turned bright orange and the orange color infected the remaining  orphan clouds left scattered in the skies. They could not really see where the sky ended and where the ocean began.

 

“How much do I have to pay you to leave us here?” Brian asked the guide who just smiled politely and shook his head. “We can’t leave people on the glacier without equipment,” he explained. “But you can stay here for half an hour if you like and skip the hot chocolate and sandwiches... but only if you PROMISE me you won’t move away from here, and by that I mean not even 100 feet. There are cracks in the glacier that are very deep.  Some of them are covered with a thin shell of ice and are invisible. Brian readily agreed to that, food was not something he needed at this point. He walked over to Justin where he stood and gazed into the horizon.

 


“This is unbelievably beautiful, Brian.”  Justin had his back to him but heard him approach as his foot steps marred the frozen surface.




“This…” Brian replied and hugged him and held him close to his chest “…this is what I see everytime I look at you”


 

______________

Chapter End Notes:

- - -


Author's Notes:

Sigh...

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________