[Reviews - 13] half-starPrinter ePub eBook
Summary:

Justin is tired of his and Brian's "relationship." It seems Brian is merely experimenting with the concept of love - and that he, Justin, has been unwillingly cast in the role of a canary in a coal mine to test Brian's ability to be part of a couple. Meanwhile, Brian is struggling with the realization that buying Justin stuff like flowers and taking him on a trip to Vermont doesn't mean he's selling-out to the straight world. Will Brian figure it all out before Justin slips through his fingers? Canon compliant. The story is complete and has six chapters.


Rated: M
Categories: QAF US Characters: Brian Kinney, Cynthia, Daphne Chanders, Debbie Novotny, Emmett Honeycutt, Gardner Vance, Justin Taylor, Marty Ryder, Michael Novotny, Other Cast Regulars
Tags: Anal Sex (Lots of it!), Masturbation , Season 2, Sex Toys
Genres: Angst, Canon, Drama, Gap-Filler
Pairings: Brian/Justin
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes
Word count: 19908 Read: 12110
ePub Downloads: 10 Published: Jul 18, 2017 Updated: Jul 18, 2017
Story Notes:

This story is about Justin's trip to Vermont and adheres strictly to canon throughout. The title is an allusion to caged canaries that miners would carry down into the mine tunnels with them. If dangerous gases such as methane or carbon monoxide leaked into the mine, the gases would kill the canary before killing the miners, thus providing a warning to exit the tunnels immediately.

 

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

1. Chapter 1: Sigma Alpha Epsilon by Frayach [Reviews - 2] half-star (2581 words)

Sigma Alpha Epsilon is an exclusive, prestigious fraternity of which many of the members are politicians and CEOs.

2. Chapter 2: Translating Kinney-Speak Into English by Frayach [Reviews - 2] half-star (4070 words)

3. Chapter 3: Never Count Your Chickens by Frayach [Reviews - 2] half-star (3061 words)

4. Chapter 4: "Where's Justin? I've Got Big News" by Frayach [Reviews - 2] half-star (2265 words)

5. Chapter 5: A Childish Dream by Frayach [Reviews - 2] half-star (2199 words)

I usually don't deviate from canon events, but the BS about Brian not calling Justin while he was in Vermont is just too stupid (and, in my opinion, out-of-character) to abide by.

So, I'm totally ignoring Justin's conversation with Daphne after he returns in the beginning of episode 18. I also concluded that Brian would've learned how to golf and ski as part of his "business education." A lot of client-schmoozing gets done on golf courses and ski slopes.

6. Chapter 6: Speaking Different Languages by Frayach [Reviews - 3] half-star (5732 words)