- Text Size +

BRIAN


When we landed Justin was rushing off the plane to find Wes. I got my first look at the man who helped Justin become the man he is. For the first time I could say Ted’s description fit the person. Wes was taller than me, blond hair, ice blue eyes, but there was warmth in the way he looked at Justin and Ted. When Justin introduced Emmett and I, it stayed there, as if he didn’t have any problem with me. It was a first with the Taylor men for me. We picked up our bags with Wes helping Emmett, who apparently thought we were staying for a month.


When we got to Wes’s house, Ted and Justin helped Emmett to his room and left me and Wes alone.


“Justin told me he’s moving back to Pittsburgh.” He tells me.


“Do you have a problem with that?” I ask.


“Not at all. He’s an adult and can decide his life. I want to know that he’s not walking back into what he left behind.” He tells me.


“It wasn’t a life I wanted when I met Justin.” I tell him.


“I wasn’t talking about the open relationship, that’s something you both decided together. He needs to know the things he thought when he came here are wrong. If you’ve talked about it, then I’ll stay out of it.” He tells me.


“Justin knows that Michael wasn’t ever going to get the position in my life that he had from the night we met.” I tell him.


“How did you convince Ted to stay?” He asked, changing the subject.


“He likes being surrounded by the God’s of Gay men.” I smirk.


“I’ve always wanted to try to be a God, not sure yet whether it’s to men or women.” He smirked back.


“Justin said you owned a few clubs here?” I asked, figuring it was something we had in common.


“I started out as a bartender, then when my inheritance came through, I bought my first club. I expanded as I had the money to invest in the next. It irritated the family that I ran clubs that didn’t have ‘country’ in the name, so it's a plus in my book.” He tells me.


“Not a big fan of Craig either?” I asked.


“He lost any good feeling I had when Justin told me what he did to both him and Aunt Jen. I might not have kept in contact, but Jen was always someone I liked, in a family I barely tolerated.” He tells me.


“Jen and I weren't close, but respected her for sticking by Justin.” I tell him.


“I wish she'd called me, I would have come back. What happened in that courtroom wasn’t a surprise. The elite stick together, and with Craig withdrawing support from Justin, it just made what they did easier.” He tells me.


“At least the judge got a little payback.” I smiled, remembering.


“Not enough, but it made Justin laugh when he told me what happened. Thank you, even though no one knows how it happened.” He tells me.


“It's a mystery.” I tell him, repeating Justin’s words from long ago.


“One of many.” He tells me.


I thought about that when Ted, Emmett, and Justin came back saying they wanted to go to the beach.


MICHAEL


I went to a bar that David once took me to, when he wanted me to meet his friends. I remembered they sat around talking about their vacations and upcoming social events, which bored me to tears. I wanted to prove to myself that it was David who made our relationship not work. I was staring into my glass when someone bumped me, it was one of David's friends.


“Don’t we know each other?” He asks.


“I dated David Cameron for a while.” I tell him, when I couldn’t remember his name.


He was one of David's better looking friends, who didn’t treat me like I was invisible all night.


“Byron William, in case you forgot.” He smiled at me, shaking my hand, not letting go.


“Michael Novotny.” I tell him.


“If you want you can join me and my friends for a drink. Catch up, get to know each other.” He offers.


“Sure, it's not like I'm waiting on anyone.” I tell him.


We got to the table and there were four others sitting there. Byron introduced me to Rick, Toby, Ian and Jeff. They said hi but continued the conversation they were having.


“Ignore them, they get on a topic and nothing stops them.” He tells me.


“You're usually the one who starts us all by giving us something to argue about.” Jeff says, putting an arm around Byron.


“I can’t help that none of you have an original thought.” He jokes, leaning into me and making Jeff’s arm fall.


“Maybe Michael’s got something interesting to say.” Jeff says, sounding unhappy.


“I really just came back over to say I had plans, so we'll see you later.” Byron tells them, taking me with him.


I didn’t understand why he wanted to leave with me, but I followed him. We got outside and he offered me a ride. When he took me to his place, he didn’t waste time showing me what he wanted. The next morning I woke up to Jeff scowling at me.


“You need to leave, I'm sure you can find the door.” He tells me.


“Where's Byron?” I ask.


“At work, which I'm going to be late for, but decided to deal with you for him. In case you’ve got any happily ever after idea in your head, it won’t happen. So get out and leave my best friend alone.” He tells me.


“I don’t think it's your decision if he wants me.” I tell him.


“Your funeral, because if he has to choose one of us, I doubt it's the trick that didn’t leave when he should've.” He tells me. “I was nice enough to order you a cab, so why not test me and leave. He's never going to want more from you.” He tells me.


I dressed and left, wanting to tell him he could threaten all he wants, but if Byron calls I'll show him.


JUSTIN


Brian kept trying to keep an umbrella over me, which had Emmett laughing at him. When that didn’t work he brought out the sunblock and told me he likes my skin it's original color.


“Coming from Mr Tanning Bed, that's hysterical.” Ted tells him.


“At least he won't be screaming in pain like you will.” Brian tells him.


Ted fell in love with Aloe Vera that night, while Brian showed me the advantages of not being sunburnt. After dinner that Emmett help Wes with, we all decided to get some sleep, since Brian wanted to get started on moving me out of California. We got to my room and Brian looked around while I took a shower. I came out to him looking at the pictures on my dresser.


“Where did you get all of these?” He asks.


“Ted sent them and I developed them. I got to see Gus growing up that way.” I tell him.


He turned and took my towel off, before taking off his clothes. Then backed us up to the bed and laid down next to me. When I tried to go down on him, he pushed me back and went down on me. He kept his eyes on mine as he swallowed every inch of me. Then pulled back swirling his tongue over my slit as it leaked. I felt his fingers running around my rim before breaching my entrance one at a time. He used his other hand to play with my nipples. When I was close he withdrew his fingers from my ass and grabbed a condom, pulling me up on his lap. He teased with shallow thrusts, and I responded by thrusting down so he was all the way in, instead of playing. I pushed him back and rode him hard, slowing down when he was close only to quicken when I felt the need to cum. He stroked me and I came on his chest. Which was when I landed on my back with Brian over me kissing me as he reached his peak.


I laughed when I heard Emmett say, “Dear Judy, You're slacking, there has to be a man who could make me scream like that. Could you check into that.”


MICHAEL


I saw Byron the next day and he smiled, but was talking to some other guy. He left with him, which had Jeff sitting next to me, smirking.


“He's had you, go find someone else.” He tells me.


I left to find Byron, because the things we did aren’t something you do with a trick. He answered his door, confused at why I was there.


“Did you forget something the other day?” He asks.


“I thought…”


“What, that we were together?” He asks.


“You seemed to like me the other night.” I tell him.


“It was fun, but I'm not really looking for permanent. If you want to join me and… shit what was your name?” He asks the other guy standing in the hall.


“Mark, but he's really not my type.” The guy says.


“Naked with a hard on, does it really matter?” Byron tells him.


Mark picked up his jacket and left, which had Byron telling me if I wanted him, get naked and show him. Once again I woke up and Jeff was standing over me, but this time throwing my clothes at me and telling me I know the drill and it was time to stop chasing Byron like a stalker.


“He’s the one who invited me in.” I tell him.


“I'm the one who has to deal with all you dumb asses thinking he loves you. Get a clue. He loves fucking, not the person he fucks. You’re wasting your time if you think you're special to him.” He tells me, opening the front door.


“He's never going to want you either.” I tell him.


“What I have with Byron is more than you ever will.” He tells me, slamming the door.


TED


Wes sat with me, when the others went out to look at the shops.


“I think they’ll work this time.” I tell Wes.


“What’s different? Justin mentioned that Brian didn’t blow off what Justin wanted.” He tells me.


“When Justin showed up, if we’d been dealing with the old Brian, he would have ignored Justin and pushed him away. He didn’t. In fact he’s doing everything to show Justin he wants him around.” I tell him.


“I want them to work, it means there’s a chance that anyone could work.” He tells me.


“Did you ever love someone like that?” I ask.


“I think we all do, it’s just shitty timing for some of us.” He tells me.


“Sort of like with Blake and Emmett for me.” I tell him.


“Why didn’t you ever try to find Blake?” He asks.


“When he took off, it just didn’t encourage me that he wanted us.” I tell him.


“Ted, sometimes they take off because they don’t feel like they have anything to offer. I know you and Emmett tried, but nothing about you two says there is more than friendship in that relationship. When you talk about Blake it’s different.” He tells me.


“What about you, why not find who you want and see if anything changed?” I ask.


“It wouldn’t matter, he’s married and says he’s happy with not defying convention. It’s not a closet I want to visit again.” He tells me.


“I never asked because you were with both women and men.” I tell him.


“I lean towards men, but women can get my attention too. It was the reason I left home. Because I wanted to live my life the way I wanted it and I wasn’t willing to settle for a woman when I wasn’t sure who I really wanted. It’s really not an issue for me right now, because I like the way my life is, I’m in the same boat Brian was in when he met Justin, only I haven’t met someone who makes me want to change yet. When I do, nothing will stop me from making the life I want with the person I want. It’s why I think you need to look up Blake again, because you both left it unsaid.” He tells me.


On the flight home I thought about what Wes said, and decided it couldn’t hurt to see if Blake ever let go of Crystal. Emmett sat next to me, smiling and happy at getting away from everyone.