- Text Size +

BRIAN


Ted was waiting for me in my office Monday. After his call, my phone was turned off and Justin and I spent the next day snowboarding and the night forgetting there was anyone in the world outside of us. We planned to talk to Gus at dinner with Lindsay and Mel. I wanted to also let the girls know that my answer was no to donating again.


I joined Ted at the couch and picked up the financials he had laid out for me. I waited while he finished talking to Wes, to find out what happened with Michael at Babylon.


“Sorry, I needed to get Wes an estimate on a club he’s been thinking about purchasing.” Ted tells me.


“Anything I need to know about this past weekend?” I ask.


“Byron wants to see you about revoking his membership. He thinks he shouldn’t be held responsible for Michael and Jeff. Michael thinks the minute he can talk to you, you’ll override your decision. The other guy, Jeff, left Babylon, not really saying much after Byron pretty much told Michael and Jeff he really didn’t care what happened to them. Dinner at Deb’s, according to Emmett, was Michael saying Justin probably convinced you to kick him out of Babylon. Because according to Michael, Justin is jealous of him.” He tells me.


“What would Justin have to be jealous of Michael for?” I ask.


“When Michael got to the ‘Justin, the root of evil’ portion of his rant, Deb jumped in and told him that Justin didn’t go to Babylon and cause a fight. She also told Michael he should be thankful that all that happened was being kicked out. She wasn’t happy about Michael embarrassing Carl in front of his officers by acting like a two year old. She’s been cooking up a storm and taking it to the station to apologize for them having to deal with Michael. How was snowboarding?” He asks, changing the subject.


“Justin asked for our first anniversary to go some place warm. Apparently snow isn’t his thing, after years in California.” I tell Ted, as he chokes on his water.


“Did… did you… I think I heard... first anniversary?” He asks.


“That’s usually what it’s called I think, you know, one year after getting married.” I smirk.


“Is it time for me to teach you how to be a housewife?” Ted smirks.


“Why would you think Brian needs to be a housewife?” Michael asks, coming in with Cynthia behind him, waiting to see what I want.


“It’s fine, I need to talk to Michael.” I tell Cynthia.


“She always acts like I’m bothering you.” Michael tells me, as Cynthia leaves.


“What can I do for you?” I ask Michael.


“Why is Ted talking about being a housewife?” Michael asks.


“Why were you fighting in my club?” I ask, not answering.


“It was Jeff who started it, if you’d been home, or at least answering your phone, you would have heard my side of the story.” He tells me.


“I heard it from Ted, who is in charge when I’m not here. I didn’t need to hear your side, because you caused problems in one of my businesses. From what I heard, you think Justin is the reason you were kicked out. He wasn’t even aware of the situation, until after Ted and I finished our conversation. In fact, the only thing Justin cared about this weekend was spending time with me. I made that decision all by my self, because you disrespected my business when you and Jeff fought in it.” I tell him.


“Then ban Jeff, I think it will help me with Byron.” He tells me.


“Why would I care about helping Byron with anything?” I ask.


“You would if it didn’t bother you that Byron wants me.” He tells me.


“If he does, then he can want you from Meathook, or Boytoy. I really couldn’t care less. What pisses me off is that it interrupted my weekend and Ted’s life.” I tell Michael.


“Sorry to interrupt your tricking with Boy Wonder, and Ted once again screwing up his life by seeing Blake. Unlike you two, I would rather be with someone worth my time.” Michael spouts.


I shook my head at Ted when I could tell Ted had a few words to say. “Then be with him anywhere but my club. Just don’t go broke because you have to pay for Byron and his friends everywhere but at Babylon. Which, even if I let you guys back in, which I’m not going to do, you would no longer have a free bar tab.” I tell him.


“Once again, Boy Wonder makes you do things you would never do.” He tells me.


“Michael, the only person making Brian do anything is you. He didn’t have you arrested or ask you to pay for the repairs. See that as generous on his part, because he could have done both.” Ted tells him.


“If he had been at the club instead of with Justin, it wouldn’t have happened. Brian, Jeff is the one who caused all of it.” Michael tells us.


“How would Brian being there have changed anything?” Ted asks, then shakes his head for asking.


“Jeff would have seen what a real best friend does. When Brian had him kicked out for saying shit to me.” Michael tells him, smirking.


“I was hoping that like Justin, you would be an adult, and ignore the bullshit the best friend THINKS he knows about his best friend and what his best friend wanted.” I tell him.


“What does Justin have to do with this?” Michael asks.


“You mean other than dealing with you doing to him the same thing Jeff is doing to you?” Ted asks.


“All I ever told Justin was truth.” He tells us.


“The truth according to Michael Novotny, best friend extraordinaire.” Ted tells him.


“Michael, my decision stands. When you leave, understand it was my decision, and let your boyfriend and his buddy know I don't plan on changing it. Bryon hitting on Justin, tends to make my husband and Emmett do things I don’t like.” I tell him, tired of Justin being blamed and Michael blameless.


“Why the hell would you call him your husband?” Michael asks.


“I figured I try it out, since I married Justin.” I tell him.


Michael waited, as if it was some joke, but when Ted nodded to confirm it, he left my office without another word.


“Wes wanted to know if you were interested in promoting the club he's planning to buy?” Ted asks, getting back to business.


JUSTIN


Brian and I were going over to the girls house to see Gus and tell him ourselves. Apparently Brian told Michael, and of course that had him running to everyone. Lindsay called, asking Brian if what Michael said was true. Then telling us we needed to tell Gus before he found out from someone else.


Lindsay answered the door, hugging both of us. “Congratulations.” She tells us.


“Yeah, but really could you have warned me? I almost had a heart attack when Michael stormed in and announced it to the entire diner.” Mel tells us.


“I don’t know, it was sort of fun when he didn’t get the reaction he wanted from Deb and Emmett.” Lindsay giggles.


“How about Michael asking me if I was thinking of Gus, and what would happen if Brian was crazy and didn’t make sure Justin signed a prenup? He didn’t like when I told him Gus wasn’t worried about his inheritance.” Mel tells us.


“How about we talk after Gus is told?” Brian asks.


Lindsay called Gus to come down to the living room and asked us if we wanted her and Mel there or to talk to Gus alone.


“I think he should see us together supporting each other.” Mel tells us.


“Justin, did you have fun with Dad?” Gus asks, smiling.


“We did and we wanted to tell you about what we did.” Justin tells him.


We sat down with Gus sitting on Brian's lap. “Sonny Boy, Justin and I decided that we want to spend our life together. In order to do that we wanted to show we were committed to each other.” Brian tells him.


“How?” He asks.


“We went to Vermont and got married.” He tells Gus.


“Mommy and Mama did that too. Why didn't you have a wedding like theirs?” He asks.


“One day we will if Pennsylvania let's us, but it was because Justin and I wanted more than we could have here.” Brian tells him.


“You didn’t want everyone to see you marry Justin?” He asks.


“Justin and I wanted to get married the way we wanted to. With Justin having to leave for work soon we didn't have time to plan the kind of wedding your moms had. We were planning to tell you first.” Brian tells him.


“Okay.” Gus shrugged.


“Are we okay?” Brian asks.


“Yep, cause Justin’s ours right?” He asks.


“Gus, I've always been yours.” I tell him.


We ate dinner and Gus told us his teacher thought Gus could do a show and tell at school about his trip. Brian took Gus to bed and I waited with Lindsay and Mel for him to come back. Brian came back after Gus fell asleep, and Lindsay asked if she could say something first.


“We were surprised, but very happy for you. I wanted you to hear it from us. I'm sure Michael will be busy trying to convince Brian he's making a mistake, so from us, know we're happy about this.” Lindsay tells us.


“Thanks.” I tell her.


“There's one other thing I need to tell you both. I'm not planning to say yes to you about the baby you want.” Brian tells them.


“Can we ask why?” Lindsay asks.


“If I have any more children it will be with Justin. Neither of us want a child we have to share other than Gus.” Brian tells her.


“We understand, since there were problems in the beginning with Gus. I feel the same way, I want a child with Lindsay that in essence is ours and no one else's. Gus gets to be lucky enough to have all four of us.” Mel tells him.


“Just know that if you need us for anything, we'd be happy to help when you decide to have a baby.” Lindsay tells us.


“Only promise me one thing. When you two do have kids, I get to tell Michael.” Mel tells us, laughing.