- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm ending this one for now in a place where I can pick it up later. Which I do plan to along with a few other stories.

BRIAN   

 

Michael left after the girls came to visit and take Gus home with them. I stayed a couple more days before leaving when Brett needed Justin to stay longer. He had a hard time saying yes when we had plans to go on vacation, but I let him know that Ibiza wasn’t going anywhere. By staying he could finish paying Wes back. Justin wanted to pay me back too, and I asked him what the point was, since we were married and our finances were combined. He tried to point out at the time our finances weren’t combined, so I pointed out that he’d be only putting the money in our joint account. I found out when I got back that instead, the twat had set up an account with Ted for Gus, and wouldn’t you know it, he started it with the amount he owed me. I told Ted to move the money from the account I set up for Gus into the one under Justin and Gus’s name.

 

I’d been home a week and for the first time I was not being called by Michael every other hour. It could have something to do with Wes making changes while Michael was gone. Like Ted and I had told Michael, he was limiting his business by refusing to move with the times. Wes, on the other hand, figured since he was in charge for a week, to do something about the barely profiting comic shop. Apparently Michael didn’t utilize half of the available space because he never deviated from the way Buzzy used the shop. The storage room and office Michael used were as large as his store. Wes called Michael and told him that he was going to rent the building that was next to Michael’s to expand, and not to worry because he would float the investment for Michael with the understanding that until Michael paid him back, Wes was his partner. Wes applied his knowledge of party kids coming to clubs to dance to the kids who play role playing games. Wes told Michael he noticed quite a few comic kids talked about the RPG as well and he asked them where they hold the games. He found out that in a lot of cases it was hard to find one place to host the games. He made Michael look at the figures that could be made by just charging five dollars per kid, offering drinks as part of the evening. Even I was impressed that Michael would make in one weekend what he made in a month selling comics. I asked Wes why he was helping Michael. His answer was that Deb took care of Eric for him. Wes saw his future in a total stranger, grabbing on without fear of what might happen. It’s a trait that he shared with Justin, that was the benefit that Eric and I were sharing.

 

I left Michael in his quest to learn who he was while I went to sign the agreement with the surrogate that Justin agreed to. We were coming home first to help create our child together. Then we were going to sun on the beach, returning in time to the home that would be finished when we got back. In the whole time since Justin returned, I haven’t had any regrets about what it took to get us where we are now. The separation gave us both time to grow up, and come back to each other at a time when we were both in the same place in life. He needed room to become the person he wanted to be, and came back the man I knew he would be. Instead of seeing age as a time bomb, it became something to look forward to, because Justin would be beside me through it. It included at least one more child, one with his father's eyes hopefully, and the smile that changed my world.

 

He might only see his leaving as learning about who he was, but to me it was also giving me time to understand loving him wasn’t the end of Brian Kinney, but the beginning of the next stage of my life.



 

 

The End.
starlight is the author of 43 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 26 members. Members who liked Learning To Be Justin also liked 741 other stories.