- Text Size +

JUSTIN


“Where are you going?” I asked, when Brian was up at three in the morning getting dressed.


“I wanted to get everything cleared away for this weekend.” He tells me.


“What’s going on this weekend?” I asked.


“I wanted us to spend time together, since you’re going to be leaving soon.” He tells me.


“I can turn it down.” I tell him.


Brian stopped everything and sat on the bed next to me. “I don’t want you giving up things for me. It’s one of the things I worried about when we were together. You were just beginning your life. Staying with me, would mean giving up opportunities because my life was here in Pittsburgh. You didn’t go to any of the colleges you talked about, but instead stayed here when there were other, better schools you could have picked.” He tells me.  


“I wanted to go to art school and PIFA wasn’t bottom of the barrel.” I tell him.


“Can you honestly say it was a school you wanted to go to, if you took me out of the equation?” He asks.


“Why bring it up when it’s no longer relevant?” I ask him, avoiding saying no.


“To make sure we don’t repeat the same mistakes. If you didn’t take the job, it should be because you didn’t want the job, not because we’re starting over. It’s not going to be like the past, both of us are in different places now and what we have is important to me. I’m willing to do what it takes for us to work, which wasn’t something I wanted in the beginning.” He tells me, leaning over me kissing me.


“There are so many things we could do instead of you going to work.” I tell him, pulling off his tie.


Brian pinned my hands to the bed, kissing me one last time before grabbing his tie and keys. “When we go away this weekend, there will be all the time in the world for…” He trailed off when I started stroking my cock.


Brian didn’t bother to fight what he wanted, and undressed, throwing his clothes everywhere. He pushed my hand out of his way and took me in his mouth, while running his fingers over my rim.


“One hour won’t hurt.” He tells me, grabbing a condom.


BRIAN


I finished everything by noon and was going to call and see if Justin wanted to eat lunch, but Deb came in and sat down, making sure I understood we were going to talk.


“To what do I owe the torture of your visit?” I ask.


“I wanted to know what your intentions towards my Sunshine are.” She tells me.


“Wouldn’t that be Jen’s job?” I ask.


“I'm sure she'll ask, but until then I’m the one waiting for an answer.” She tells me.


“I'm planning to make a life with him, give him everything he wants.” I tell her.


“I really expected you to give him a hard time for walking away.” She tells me.


“If I wanted him, then I had to show him we weren’t living in the past. I respect him for making the first move by facing me, and for not blaming how we screwed up solely on me.” I tell her.


“Even though it took him six years?” She asks.


“We both needed to grow up, which you should understand, since you wanted that when Michael was with David. The boy that left came back a man. A man who knows who he is and what he wants in life. I figured out my life wasn’t the same without him, and I don't want to play games when we're both on the same page.” I tell her.


“Think I could send Michael to Justin’s cousin?”


“Until Michael sees that his problems are because of him, there’s nothing Wes could do for him.” I tell her.


“You like Wes?” She asks.


“He gave Justin a place to figure out everything. He doesn't interfere or tell Justin how to run his life.” I tell her.


“Which I do with everyone?” She asks.


“We know it's because you love us, but there are some things we need to solve without answering to you.” I tell her.


“Vic would be jumping for joy that you two are back together.” She tells me, sadly.


“Justin showed up when Vic died.” I tell her, because it hurt her that Justin didn’t show up.


“Where was he?” She asks.


“He waited until we were all gone. Then made sure Vic knew he didn’t forget him. Justin was the white roses you kept finding.” I tell her.


“That little shit. Do you know all the strange theories Emmett and I were coming up with? It’s just like Justin to do things for people but never let anyone know he did them. It was fun to have a mystery in life, but I’m not upset that it’s finally solved. Kiss him for me, and tell him Vic thought about him often.” She tells me kissing me.


“Why not just tell him yourself?” I ask.


“He’s like you, he doesn’t want us to praise him for doing what he does for everyone, he just does things to make us happy.” She tells me, leaving.


I went to Ted’s office after Deb left, thinking about when Justin and I were dancing and he distracted me after saying it was a mystery why Kip backed off. It never made any sense, but Justin didn’t question it the way he usually questioned everything. I was just relieved it was over and never really questioned it.


“Hey Brian, I was going to bring you the financials but Deb was in there and I didn’t want to bother you.” He tells me.


“We were talking about mysteries in life. I told her about the flowers that managed to be on Vic’s grave.” I tell him.


“And?” He asks, pretending to be busy.


“I solved it when I caught up to Justin at the cemetery. Only he wasn’t here but that one time, so how did you managed to do it without anyone figuring it out?” I ask him.


“I couldn’t see him paying for them to be delivered when I could do it for him.” He tells me, looking relieved that I knew it was Justin.


“He seems to tell you all his secrets.” I tell him.


“We’re friends, and he knew I wouldn’t tell everyone, when it wasn’t about anyone but Vic.” He tells me.


“Did he ever tell you how we celebrated his eighteenth birthday? I  found out Kip wasn’t going to fuck over my career and offered to celebrate any way Justin wanted to. I guess he got a present for two things, getting Kip off my ass and his birthday.” I tell Ted, waiting to see if he spilled what I was starting to think was the truth.


“He didn’t see any reason to celebrate what that asshole was trying to do to you. He wasn’t thrilled the guy thought taking you down was the way to get ahead in life.” He tells me, making me want to spank the twat.


“How did he keep anyone from figuring it out?” I ask.


“Kip was more afraid of going to jail, and probably figured it was better to keep his mouth shut.” Justin says from behind me.


“Shit, he didn’t know.” Ted says, groaning.


“He was fishing and knew exactly how to get you to tell him what he wanted to know.” Justin tells Ted, laughing.


“I should spank your ass.” I tell him.


“Maybe, but there are so many things you could do instead, and did do that night.” Justin tells me, brushing off my threat.


“I could show you what I would have done if I knew.” I tell him, pulling him to me.


“Sounds like fun Mr Kinney.” Justin tells me, kissing me as his stomach goes off.


“Once again the beast has spoken, Ted let's go get Justin fed.” I tell them.


“Brian, before you go, we have a problem with Leo.” Cynthia tells me, looking at Justin.


“What’s the problem?” I ask her.


“He wants us to help him convince Drew Boyd to work on the new campaign. Apparently he figured out he looks like a homophobe because it’s the reason everyone believes he kicked Drew off the campaign. He wanted you to approach Drew and feel him out about it, and if Drew doesn’t want to do it then he wants you to find him someone else to help him show he’s gay friendly.” She tells him.


“It might be better to go with someone else. Drew wasn’t exactly happy with him or Kinnetik for tossing him aside.” I tell her.


“I don’t know how Emmett would take seeing him again either.” Ted tells us looking worried.


“It’s not about how Emmett would feel, it never was.” I tell Ted.


“Why would it bother Emmett?” Justin asks.


“Emmett was the reason Drew came out. But he broke up with Drew when Drew wanted to play the field.” Ted tells him.


“If nothing’s changed then Emmett should move on.” Justin tells him.


“It’s not easy to just move on.” I tell Justin.


“No it’s not, and I’m lucky I didn’t have to.” Justin tells me kissing me.


“Get Drew’s agent on the phone, I need to get this solved so Justin and I can try snowboarding.” I tell Cynthia.


“Brian, if you need to be here and work, it’s fine.” Justin tells me.


“Nothing is more important than this trip. It waited too long already. You weren’t the only one who learned something in the last six years.” I tell him.