- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I decided the title of the story in honor of the song 'Next to me', by Double or Nothing.

 

This is it's link from YouTube, for those who want to listen to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U1UJFpOQ1U

I sat down in front of my computer, trying to get the courage to contact Justin again... after so long. He must be starting his second semester of his first year now. Winter break over by now. It felt so strange. I never am the one yo chase, I am normally the one being chased. But I couldn't expect that now... not after I broke his heart... over and over again. I literally spoke him enough to get the hell out of his city! His home... I took a deep breath and pushed myself to do something I never thought of doing... let someone else see me vulnerable, desperate.

(10:00)

Hi. 

It's me, Brain. 

How's New York treating you?

Prat is a good school or is it all talk?

Twenty minutes later, not one answer came through, I had to continue working. So, I decided to check my chat later- when I get back to the loft, surely.

(18:00)

I've staring talking to Alex. 

(18:10)

The psychologist.                           

(18:15)                           

I know who the fuck is Alex

How did you get this contact?!

I don't think I've ever felt so relieved before! I haven't smiled so wide... or at all, until now- not since he left. However, I didn't have the time to enjoy it completely. I had to answer rapidly, didn't want him to think twice of finally answering me.

(18:16)

Daphne. 

Don't blame her. 

You know how insistent I am when I want something.                           

(18:18)                           

I really don't

After all, you never wanted me

(18:19)

I did.

I do, Sunshine.                             

(18:24)                           

Lose this contact

I sighed and plumped against the headboard of the bed, he's not even online anymore! At least, he answered. That's more than I expected from him... at least on the first day. Well, tomorrow will be a brand new day and another opportunity. I will win him over, that's for sure. After all, I am a Kinney and we always get what we want.