- Text Size +
Chapter Text

At the end, I was able to be there for Gus' first flight. The little boy was afraid at first, but after daddy calmed him down, he was very brave for the rest of the flight- he even had fun! It also, stopped me from overthinking about my meeting with Justin. That, however, didn't stop me from panicking while I got ready for the opening of the show. Lindsay told me that it all began with the portraits that Justin kept on doing of children in Central Park, voice went around about these amazing sketches and this genius artist that more and more people came. Sunshine became quite popular, until the point that not only parents came for portraits of their children, but for themselves as well. Justin's success reached the ears of an owner of a boutique gallery in uptown, he was the dad of a student from an academy which Sunshine's sketches were kind of a trend. She demanded her daddy for one, because all the other girls had them. At the beginning he didn't want to do it, because why buy a portrait of a street painter when he had a gallery with incredible painters that could do it. But after researching a bit, he found about Justin's story and where he was studying from one of the parents- someone who had five kids and a portrait of all of them, and the whole family-, let's just say he became interested. From there you can guess what happened afterwards. 


Sunshine was so busy with the last touches of the show, that he wasn't able to tell me this himself. However, I was going to make sure to 'punish' him later tonight... how I missed his ass. There is no way I'll let him escape any longer. 


When I reached the gallery I thought of going straight towards Justin, but then I would want to drag him straight into the nearest semi-private place I can find and ravish him. That's not a good first image to the art world. So, I decided to go around the place an check some artwork for Kinnetik and the loft. More at the end of the night, I'll head towards Sunshine and snuck him away to have some fun with him. I wandered around for a while, the pieces were very good, but none of them called out to me. I didn't think any will, not since I saw what truly was perfection- and that's Sunshine's art! Each artist- there were five- had six paintings on display, and some of them had a few things extra. In Justin's case were some sketches of the kids or of the most hidden corners of New York that people normally don't see, Sunshine always had the gift of seeing what's being kept undercover- all of them were sold already. But I was calm, because back at Kinnetik- framed on the desk of my office- I had the first Taylor original ever sold.


It was when I reached a painting in specific that made me stop, I knew right away it was Juntin's- who else would have painted the same street light we met under and the Pittsburgh night sky. I stayed there for a while and almost called someone to buy it, when I noticed that it already had a red dot. I almost panicked, but then I realized that Justin would have never put such a personal painting for sale. I then knew that this was already coming to the loft with me, and without spending a dime too. I then took a couple more of steps to find the next masterpiece of the little twat, this one was big: it began with the Pittsburgh's view I have from the loft and then it started to fade into New York city. That kind of view must have been painted from a high place, such as...


"I used to stake out the Empire State for hours, almost for a month, to get to perfect the colors for the painting" Sunshine's voice startled me, I was so immersed in the painting that I didn't know how much time did it pass or what was going around me "I am so irresistible that you weren't able to contain yourself for just a few hours before taking me to your bed and ravishing me?"


"You know me too well" I commented, with a small smile. I then turned around, my breath being taken away by the magnificent creature that Justin is "It's been a long time Sunshine" I got closer to him, hands around his waist and then pulled him to me, so I could kiss him as I desired for months. 


"I missed you, Bri" he murmured against my lips, before stepping backwards "I call this painting 'Fututre'. Would you like to know why?" I nodded my head. He stepped around me, just in front of me, leaving me the opportunity to wrap my arms around him and lay my head on his shoulder "This represents our future Bri, our success in Pittsburgh and our future when we dominate New York"


"Shouldn't you call it 'Dreams' or 'Aspirations'?" I asked him.


"I thought Kinney's always succeed, then why call it dreams when you know it will happen" he replied, slily. 


"Since when do you 'know' me?" I questioned him, recalling the night he left- when he told me that we never really knew each other.


"I always had, what I never knew was your past. But that wasn't a deal breaker... until I lost myself. You helped me find myself, for that I'll always be grateful" he confessed to me.


"We found each other, Sunshine" I replied, smiling at my prince.


Then I finally knew, was sure, that everything was going to be fine. As long as I have him by my side, no one can defeat us.