- Text Size +

Everything was too good to be true. Justin's show went so well, that on the third day he was sold out and he was asked to do another one. We stopped chatting at all, nowadays we only communicated by Skype or phone. We started dating again, just a long distance relationship because I couldn't ask him to give up the great opportunity that is studying in New York and triumphing over the Big Apple.


However, as expected, something wrong had to happen. I have begun feeling bad lately, having problems peeing and unexplainable pains. At first, I just thought that it was a cold. But when I noticed blood mixed with my pee and then began coughing blood... then, I knew that something was very wrong with me.


When I went to the doctor and had a complete check up, I never expected to find out what I did. I felt like my whole world was ending.


Normally, I would have dealt with it on my own. But I wasn't the same man as before, I knew that Justin needed to stay in New York to but that he also had to make that decision on his own- I had to tell him. Otherwise, he would have never forgiven me for keeping it a secret from him.


I couldn't say it out loud, then I would have made it real. So, I resorted to our old method of communication. 


18:00


Sunshine.


I have cancer.


Not even a couple of minutes later, I got my answer... one that warmed my heart.


18:01


I'll be there soon


All I could do now is wait and hope that everything works out fine at the end... or else, I'll be dead.

The End.
Kurenohikari88 is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Next to me also liked 354 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Don't take my Sunshine away. The previous story in the series is My reflection. The next story in the series is Baby, I love you.