- Text Size +

10:00

I discussed with the munchers the living arrangements of Gus.

That had a quick response, not even a minute had to pass before Justin answered. That meant that he had to be waiting for my daily chat with him... things are looking up.

10:00

  Really?!

 When?

What did they say?

10:01

It was over Christmas, hoped that the Holliday spirit might make them more susceptible to my request. It didn't work as planned.

10:02

It wasn't the smartest move you could have made.

10:02

Twat!

I smiled, happy that things were falling perfectly on place. We were returning to feel comfortable around each other, at least enough for us to banter.

10:03

So, the girls aren't up for the change?

10:03

Not, really.

At least, not at the beginning.

It took me a couple of weeks, my lawyer and a very insistent Lindsay- that loved the idea that I wanted to be a present paternal figure to our son.

At the end, Smelly Mel finally signs the papers that stipulated that I have Gus over every other weekend and a month during summer vacations.

I should thank you, Justin.

This time it took him more time to answer. I noticed that it always happens when I do something uncharacteristically. As if, he tried to compose himself to not do something rush and irrational.

10:08

Why?

I didn't do anything

  It was all you

10:09

You stopped me from giving up my rights, that's what made this possible.

So, thank you Sunshine.

I smiled again when the reply was delayed, liking the fact that even miles apart, I was still able to affect him. 

10:13

Something tells me that Mel, isn't as in favor of this father and son bonding as you put it

What did she ask you?

Sly twat! Changing the topic, to deviate the attention from his embarrassment, and getting revenge on me, by taking me off balance this time. I thought, strangely proudly at this strong Sunshine. This time I was the one that hesitated before answering, but knew that if I really wanted things to work between us I needed to start being open.

10:20

I had to promise to stop taking drugs, reduce my doses of alcohol to two glassed a day- three if the day was rough- and start stopping the disgusting and unhealthy habit that is smoking.

They know I never break my word, so they didn't ask me for monthly alcohol and drug tests.

"If you want to be a father to my son, you cannot die with him because of stupid life choices you made", those were the words Mel used to justify these demands.

Which were, surprisingly, said in a concerned tone. Even though, she tried to hide it.

10:21

She cares about you, in her own way

 Just like you care about her, in your own way

 Your fights are more like siblings complaining about how annoying the other is, you both always reminded me of Molly and me

The only time you both really fought, was over Gus

And that's only because Mel has always been afraid of people taking her son away from her, just because there is no blood relation- it has never had anything to do with you

 I need to do now, my class is about to start

 But I am happy for you, Gus needs his daddy

This time I wasn't only off balance, but completely threw off by his words. I never thought about it like that... but I do have people who care about me. An adoptive family, when my biological lacked:

An annoying older sister, who always thinks she is right-Mel. A needy little brother, who just wants his big brother's praise and attention- Micahel. A little sister, who's the princess of my heart- Molly. A caring mother, who isn't afraid of reprimanding me, but never makes me doubt she still loves me- Mother Taylor. A crazy aunt, who is always there to patch me up and give me food- Debbie. A father, who is a role model to me and the one I always go to for support and safety- Vic. A best friend, whose always been there for me and has given me son- Lindsay. A son, who is the light of my life and the bringer of my joy- my Sonny Boy, Gus. And the love of my life, the one who made me see all this and helped me change into a better man. A man worthy of all of them, and him- my Sunshine, Justin.

I still don't know where to put Emmett and Ted, but they are very good friends. Who no matter how much they say they hate me and can't stand me... at the end, they always have my back.

10:23

Are you happy for yourself?

10:25

Getting there

And he was gone again. At least, this was the longest conversation we had since he moved. It was strangely comforting talking to someone, talking to Justin. As if a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Maybe I should stop bottling everything inside? Maybe I should start talking more to Justin? I thought absent-mindedly to myself.

But had to save that thought for later, I had to start working.