- Text Size +

The following week passed mostly like the previous three days. I always started the conversation, he replied sometimes right away  or at the afternoons sometimes. Some chats were short, some long- especially when I told him about the gang- and they were always about me. It bothered me a bit, not knowing what was going on with Justin's life.

However, it all changed on the eleventh day from when I began writing to him... he was the one that contacted me first.

That day, I wasn't able to write to him in the morning or afternoon. Cynthia had organized  a whole day full of meetings, with agencies that I had won for Ryder's Advertising but left when Vance bought the company over- they didn't like what he had to offer, especially since I left. They liked the idea of what I had to offer and some of them were ready to sign contracts with me, another wanted to wait and see what Kinnetik becomes.

I was happy that I made the decision of telling Justin that I might not be able to chat with him today, cause I would be very busy with work.

So, you'll need my surprise when I got home, opened my computer and saw notification for my chat with Sunshine. I quickly opened it and even if I wasn't able to see myself, I knew I had a huge smile on my face at what I read.

17:00

  I know you said it would be a busy day for you, but I have to tell you this

 I sold my first sketch today!!!

Well, if I don't count the one you bought from me

Don't be so surprised, I saw you buying it at the show

Thank you, by the way, you buying it made me feel that I was able to be an artist... that I had what was necessary to make it

I rapidly responded, not wanting him to feel as if my work was more important to me than him. That's one of the principal reasons why we went our separate ways.

18:00

Just got home.

I am so proud of you!

It's strange, I haven't heard from Jen today, all proud of her little boy.

What have you planned to celebrate with Daphne? 

18:05

They don't know

No one knows but you and me

You just had to be the first person to tell

I was shocked by his confession, but moved that still after all this I continued to be very important to Justin. That he still worshipped me and wanted to know he made me happy, proud. It was a huge relief.

18:06

I am glad.

How did it happen? 

18:07

  I was sketching at the park, like I always do

This time the topic was kids

One of the parents loved it and paid me fifteen dollars for it, then others came and asked me to make one of their children- paid me the same quantity

Before I knew, I had sold twenty and gained three hundred dollars in a couple of hours

18:08

You sure are one of a kind, Sunshine.

What's the plan for afterwards? 

18:09

  Some of the parents I sold the sketches to, said they would come back with their other children

Also, they said they would tell others about me

I don't want to make things worse between us, but I also didn't want to make his hopes go up.

18:10

 I know that it might not happen

 But I still have to try it, if I get disappointed is ok

 I'll just get back up, and try again

I smiled softly at his words, he is just unique.

18:11

That's my Sunshine. 

18:14

Not anymore

The lump in my throat came back, the one I thought was gone these past eleven days. And he was gone again. It seems we are not there yet, and each day I question myself if we would ever be good again.