- Text Size +

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Mel's annoyed voice snapped me out of the trance I was in. 

I moved my gaze from the drink towards her, ignored her angry expression and raised my glass "What else do you think I am doing in Woody's?" I snarled.

"You stopped chatting with Justin" she accused me.

"How the fucking hell do you know that?!" I snapped at her, finishing my drink in one go- tempted to ask for another, as always when someone mentioned Sunshine since I discovered he was another man's baby now.

"You stopped acting like this asshole ever since you began communicating with Justin" she replied, lying smoothly- but I didn't have the energies to call her out on it.

"Well, it isn't your damn business. I stuck to the three glasses rule, if the day was rough" I snapped at her again.

"For three months?!" she exclaimed in disbelief.

"It's been a rough season lately" I replied sardonically, slapping some cash- to pay for the drinks- before I gave in to my temptation and fell off the wagon, and left the bar.

"Brian!" she called out to me, rushing to catch up to me "WAIT!" she caught me by the arm and dragged me to the same alley I punched Michael. However, I couldn't do the same this time. After all, she was the mother of my son "Is it because Justin is dating Ethan?"

"So, that's his name" I said in disgust "How did you kno... you kept in contact with him?"

"He didn't want to lose contact with Gus. We Skype everyday, and he reads Gus a bed story every other day" she answered. At least, she looked guilty for keeping this from me "You really thought he was going to keep on waiting for you to pull your head out of your ass?"

"I haven't slept with anyone since he left!" I exclaimed, a dry and empty chuckle, leaving my lips "That is a first for me!"

"Did he know that?! Also, these last months you've been fucking anything that moves! If you were able to fall from the wagon, after an obstacle in your relationship with him, that means you are not ready to be the man Justin deserves!" she screamed at me.

"Relationship?" I repeated "What relationship?! He is dating someone else!" I got on her face.

"And whose fault is that?" her words cut deep, very deep. It must have shown on my face, because her face softened "He was back in Pittsburgh for the summer, did you know? He didn't know if you wanted to see him or not, he was afraid you were angry with him. So, he stayed out of the places you usually go: the loft, the dinner, Woody's and Babylon. You are lucky, otherwise he would have seen your pathetic behavior and ruined everything you worked so hard to have back with him. He is back in New York now" she informed me. I looked at the floor and wanted to cry, I was so close to see Sunshine again and now he is gone... again "You know, he babysat Gus a lot... he confessed a lot of things during those evenings" I perked at those words, interested to know more about it "He is having problems with Ethan, his boyfriends doesn't like that he is still in contact with you. Ethan feels as if he is sharing his boyfriend with another man, as if Justin isn't completely there all the time. Have you ever felt like that?" he shook my head in negation, smirking to know that Sunshine hasn't forgotten about me or let this bastard get between what we have "Justin feels awful, you know? Because when he sold his first sketch he didn't go to Ethan to celebrate, he felt wrong doing that- he went straight to you" I didn't know if to frown or smile at that confession. On one hand, it meant I was still more important to Sunshine than Ian. On the other, it meant they been dating for around seven months... more than half a year "Justin also said that he cares a lot about Ethan... but that he isn't you. And what he has with him doesn't compare with what he had... still has with you"

"What do you want me to do Mel?" I finally asked, resigned.

"Win your man back, Brian. After all, Gus needs his papa back" Mel's words made me look up at her in shock, the implication was huge "Do it and when he graduates, I'll have the papers ready" she promised me, before leaving me in the dark alley- just like I did to Michael that night.

And the same thing happened to me, I got the wake up call I needed and made the decision to not let any bastard get between what is mine and me. As soon as I got home, I took the small package- that I had ready ever since the remodelling was over- and got it ready to take it over Mother Taylor's tomorrow. It had a golden necklace of a sun with diamonds, only the best for my Sunshine.

Resultado de imagen para gold necklace of a key sun

And a key of my loft, for Justin to know that he'll always have a place in my home. Then I opened the chat, for the first time in almost three months, and sent Justin the lyrics to the song I've been listening to repeatedly since he told me he was taken. In hopes it will be enough of an apology for my Sunshine to accept me back- for now, at least.

Afterwards, I played said song as I laid down on my bed and waited. Because that's all I could do now- wait. As Bruno Mars' sad voice filled the air of the loft, lulling me into sleep:

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

It all just sounds like oooooh…
Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should've bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should've gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways
Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, ohh…
And it haunts me every time I close my eyes

It all just sounds like oooooh…
Mmm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should've bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should've gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man

Although it hurts
I'll be the first to say that I was wrong
Oh, I know I'm probably much too late
To try and apologize for my mistakes
But I just want you to know

I hope he buys you flowers
I hope he holds your hand
Give you all his hours
When he has the chance
Take you to every party
'Cause I remember how much you loved to dance
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man
Do all the things I should have done
When I was your man