- Text Size +

 

 

 

 

After the third dramatic sigh, I stop packing the endless stack of James Dean DVDs into boxes and turn to acknowledge Brian. “What?” I demand.



He leans up against the kitchen counter, arms crossed in front of his chest. “I don’t know why we couldn’t just get movers to do it,” he comments with a shrug. “That’s what they’re paid for.”



“I concur,” Gus pipes up from the dining room table where he’s half-heartedly wrapping the glass plates I insisted on keeping in newspaper and placing them in a box.



“Because,” I begin. “It’s not that much stuff. We can do it ourselves.”



Gus grabs another plate from his stack, stares at it for a moment, and then lays it back down with a sigh. He stands up and makes his way toward me. “I thought all you WASPY country club folk didn’t do shit for yourselves,” he says.



I huff a laugh and turn back to the DVDs. “Well, you thought wrong,” I tell him and point back toward the dishes he abandoned. “Go on, help me.”



Before he can say anything, the loft door opens and I turn again to see Ashley walk into the loft. Gus raises his eyebrows. “Actually, I have to go make room for the boxes in the back of Ashley’s truck,” he tells me.



Ashley shakes her head. “No need. There’s nothing in the back – “



Gus quickly cuts her off by grabbing her hand and dragging her toward the door. “Come on,” he demands abruptly.



“That little shit,” Brian mumbles from his spot in the kitchen and moves toward the living room. He grabs my arm as he approaches me and pulls me off of my post on the sofa. He pulls my body to his and buries his face in my neck. “What do you say we take a break?” he whispers suggestively.



“A break from what? You haven’t done anything,” I tell him and gently push him away with a laugh. He sighs loudly.



“Maybe I should go help clean out Ashley’s truck,” he drawls sarcastically as I jog up the steps to the bedroom, grabbing another box on the way.



I shake my head and laugh quietly, leaning down beside the bedside dresser and opening the drawers one by one, emptying their contents into the cardboard box beside me.  “I love that Gus’ girlfriend drives a truck. I mean how butch is tha–“ I completely stop in my tracks when I open the bottom drawer of the dresser and look inside. It’s empty except for one thing.



One little black box.



“What?” Brian asks from where he’s still standing in the living room, oblivious to what is causing my sudden silence. I can’t believe it. I reach into the drawer and grab the box. I stand up slowly, rubbing my fingers over the soft velvet before opening it to peer inside. There sits exactly what I expected to see – two platinum wedding bands.



I hear him approach me from behind and I turn around to face him. “You kept these?” I ask, my voice almost a whisper.



He glances down at the box in my hands, his eyes lingering there for a moment before meeting mine again. He shrugs. “They have inscriptions. The store won’t exactly take them back,” he tries to explain.



I shake my head and give him a small knowing grin. Leave it to Brian to try to brush something like this off as if it means nothing. “You’re so full of shit,” I tell him.



He laughs once through his nose, a whisper of a smirk gracing his features. “Yeah, I am,” he admits.



I look back down at the rings and gently touch the smooth metal with the tips of my fingers. If I had any doubts about Brian’s feelings for me before, they’re gone now. He actually kept the rings – in my drawer, for ten fucking years. I wonder for a moment if Kevin ever saw these and asked about them. I can’t imagine how Brian would explain something like this.



I close the box as I walk closer to where Brian is standing in the middle of the bedroom. He’s looking at me now, curiosity evident on his face. I know he’s wondering how I’m going to react to this, so I quickly answer his question by leaning up and pressing my lips to his in a soft, slow kiss. I wrap my arms around his waist and his strong hands pull my body closer to his as our kiss deepens. I sigh into his mouth as our tongues slide together in my mouth and he groans softly.



We break apart slightly when we hear Gus’ voice coming from the entrance to the loft. “Well if I wasn’t straight before, I sure as hell am now,” he says, shaking his head. “Jesus, don’t you two ever get enough?”



I nudge Brian’s nose with mine, our arms still around each other, but not as tightly as before. “Never enough,” I murmur. He leans in and presses his lips to mine one more time before tentatively pulling away.



We both look toward the door to see Gus, looking slightly amused, standing next to his now wide-eyed girlfriend. “Is the truck ready now, Ashley?” Brian asks.



“Wow –,” she blurts out, but quickly recovers with a shake of her head. “I mean, uh, yeah, it’s ready,” she tries again.



“Hello!” Gus yells, clearly aggravated. “Come on Ash,” he mumbles, begrudgingly grabbing a box and heading back out the door, Ashley in tow.



“Your dad is so hot,” I hear her whisper before they make it to the stairs.



Gus’ annoyed growl fills the whole loft, as does my laughter.



_________________



The move from the loft to the house goes by smoothly. Brian, Gus, and I spend the better part of the day unpacking clothes and stocking the refrigerator and cabinets. By the time evening rolls around, Gus has already decided what should go in every single room in the house, insisting it would be stupid to have an empty space that could easily be used as a game room, complete with a pool table and video games. Brian shoots down his offer, but I think Gus and I both know that said pool table will be in said room by the end of the week.



While Brian is downstairs in the kitchen, no doubt stalling as long as possible in the hopes that I’ll have unpacked us both by the time he makes his way back to our bedroom, I busy myself hanging Brian’s suits in the closet – God forbid one of his Armani suits develop a wrinkle.



“Justin?” I turn to see Gus standing in the doorway of the bedroom.



“Hey, Gus,” I say with a smile. “What’s up?”



He hesitates before stepping into the room. “Can we talk for a minute?” he asks.



“Sure,” I reply, sitting down on the bed. He remains standing and shifts his weight from one leg to another, looking strangely uncomfortable.



“Listen,” he finally begins. “I know we started off a little rough, to say the least.” He pauses.



“Yeah—“ I say, urging him to continue.



He clears his throat. “But I’m happy to say you’ve definitely proven yourself,” he tells me.



My eyebrows furrow together. “What do you mean exactly?” I ask.



He sighs. “I mean – I mean that I’ve never seen Dad this happy. Ever,” he tells me. “And I know you’re the one to thank for that.”



I shake my head. “Gus—“ I start, but he cuts me off before I can continue.



“No, let me finish,” he demands. “There’s no way to be sure, but I think that if you hadn’t come back, Dad wouldn’t be as healthy as he is now. I think you gave him –,” he stalls. “I don’t know, a reason to fight.”



I smile at him. “You’re to thank for that too, Gus,” I remind him. “Brian is crazy about you.” It’s true. In fact, Brian once told me Gus was the only reason he had to try treatment for the KS. Gus is a great kid, and he and Brian obviously love each other. This kid means everything to him – when he once thought he would mean nothing to him.



He nods. “I know. You weren’t here before, though,” he reminds me. “He was – bad, really bad. And now it’s like he’s back to normal.” I nod. “So –,” he pauses again. “Damn, this sucks,” he sighs.



“What?” I ask curiously, wondering what he’s getting at.



He shrugs. “I’m not used to doing this,” he tells me.



“Doing what?”



His eyes scan the room and finally settle on the pile of empty boxes in the corner of the room. “Saying – thank you,” he admits. “Thank you for helping me get my dad back. Because if it wasn’t for you, I don’t think he’d still be here,” he finishes with a small shrug.



“You’re welcome,” I tell him with a grin. “And thank you, too,” I add.



His eyes meet mine again. “What the hell for?” he asks.



“For keeping him alive until I got here,” I tell him.



He gives me that trademark Kinney smirk. “Anytime,” he assures me. He sticks his hand out toward me to shake my hand. I huff a laugh, thinking about that day outside the loft door when he dismissed my attempt at a handshake. I reach out and grasp his hand firmly in mine, shaking it once. His grin becomes a little wider.



“Am I interrupting something?” Brian’s voice coming from the doorway causes Gus to finally pull his hand away from mine. We both turn towards Brian.



“Nope,” Gus responds quickly.



I shake my head. “No,” I confirm.



Gus clears his throat again. “Well I need to finish unpacking,” he says, heading toward the door. He stops short in front of Brian and leans in, wrapping his arms around Brian’s shoulders. Brian’s hands come up to Gus’ back, returning the hug. “I love you, Dad,” I hear Gus whisper before he pulls away and leaves the room.



Brian looks at me. “What was that about?” he asks, closing the bedroom door before making his way toward me.



I shake my head and smile at him. “Nothing,” I tell him again. When he stops, standing in front of me, I reach down to grab his hands and intertwine our fingers together. I lean up on my toes to kiss him. He returns the gesture. After a few moments, his grips my fingers tighter and suddenly stops the kiss. He pulls away slowly, lifting my left hand between us. He stares at the band on my finger for a few seconds before looking back at me.



“I thought you said we didn’t need rings,” he comments, running his thumb over the ring on my hand.



“We don’t,” I tell him. “But – maybe we want them?” I say tentatively, the comment sounding more like a question than a statement.



He nods slowly. “Maybe,” he says quietly. He closes the gap between our bodies, his hand now resting on the small of my back. He swoops down and catches my lips in a searing kiss. I reach up and grab the back of his neck, pulling him closer to me. I breathe in his scent and I feel my head spin a little.



I reach between us to unbutton his shirt and push the material off of his shoulders. I run my hands down the soft skin on his sides and he sighs into my mouth, pushing me back on the bed. He reaches down to pull my t-shirt over my head and then nudges my shoulder so I will scoot up to the top of the bed. He crawls toward me, leaving a trail of wet kisses along my torso before finally finding my lips again.



We roll around on the bed together, kissing, for a good ten minutes before our pants even come off. I slide Brian’s jeans over his slim hips and lift mine so he can do the same to me. Once we’re both naked, we rut on the bed together for a few moments before I reach over to the bedside table to retrieve a condom. I rip it open with my teeth and move to slide it over Brian’s dick, but his hand on mine stops me. I look up at his face questioningly. He grabs the condom out of my hand and slowly rolls it over my painfully hard cock before I even know what’s happening. I glance down and back up to his face, searching.



“Are you sure?” I ask him breathlessly. He just nods and leans back in to kiss me. I roll us over so I’m on top and he begins to move onto his stomach, but I place a hand on his hip and shake my head. “I want to see you,” I tell him. He says nothing but settles onto his back.



As I press into him, my dick slowly disappearing into the hot velvety opening, I moan loudly and I hear Brian groan in response. Once I’m all the way inside him, I stall for a moment. I need to get my breathing under control or I’m going to come before we even get started. I feel him push against me and I begin to thrust slowly. I lean up on my forearms so I can catch his mouth in a wet kiss. His grunts and my moans fill the room as I begin to pump harder.



After a few minutes, I reach down to stroke him in time with my thrusts. I feel his asshole contract around me and he groans his release, cum spurting out of his dick onto his abdomen and chest. I push in two more times before I come so hard I nearly black out from the pleasure. I collapse on top of him after pulling my softening cock out of his ass and tossing the condom into the trash can. Our chests heave together, slick with sweat and cum.



“Love you,” he murmurs into my hair.



I smile into his shoulder and press a kiss to the skin there. “I love you,” I respond.



“I love you, too!” Gus says loudly from his bedroom, which is apparently only one door down from ours.  I lift my head up, mouth agape in embarrassment. Shit, Gus fucking heard us – or, more accurately, heard us fucking. “And I’m switching to a different room tomorrow!” he adds.



Brian laughs as I bury my face into his chest, my cheeks burning hot. “Good night, Gus,” Brian calls out.



“Night,” comes Gus’ reply.



Brian chuckles a little at my obvious embarrassment and wraps his arms around my back. I press the side of my face into his bare chest and sigh contently. I listen to the sound of his breath evening out and his heart rate returning to normal before he eventually falls asleep. When I finally drift into a slumber of my own, there’s still a smile on my face.

Chapter End Notes:

Consider this THE END :)

The epilogue is OPTIONAL.