- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Author's Chapter Notes:

Brian’s consumed with fear, as he searches for Justin…

 

Title: Just Kiss Me… 
Story Type: Could be Canon
Word Count: 325
Warnings: Love, Passion, Romance …
Beta Queen: BigJ52

 

Chapter Summary: Brian’s consumed with fear, as he searches for Justin…

 

Soot-Covered Kisses…

 

A special news bulletin breaks into the NPR news broadcast, announcing an explosion at the gay nightclub ‘Babylon.’ That grabs my attention, as I instruct my driver to turn around. I try to keep my panic in check, as we creep through the endless traffic. Once we round the corner, and come to a screeching halt, I completely lose it. Up ahead, beyond the yellow tape are ambulances and cop cars haphazardly parked everywhere.

 

 

 

I argue with the police officer to let me past the barricade. I’m just about ready to punch him when Carl waves me through. My eyes shoot everywhere, looking for him. They finally land on Jennifer as she begs me to find Justin. I enter the smoke-filled hovel calling his name, as I listen to all the moans and cries echoing around me. Death and destruction surround me. Panic once again rises within me as my heart beats uncontrollably.

 

 

 

Bile rises up the back of my throat, as I watch the firemen cover and carry out another victim. I have to stop them. I have to know that it’s not him. The deeper I walk into the club, the more apparent the destruction is around me. I hold my shirttail over my mouth to breathe more easily. Then I see him, his blond head now covered in soot. I pull him into my arms holding him tight, so thankful he’s alive, that he’s alright.

 

 

 

Nothing else matters but him. He’s all that’s ever mattered to me; he’s my everything. I’m not sure who’s more surprised when as hear my voice crack, and those three little words escaping my lips.

 

 

 

“I love you!”

 

 

 

I pull back, looking him directly in the eyes. “I love you!”

 

 

 

His ash-covered face slowly smiles as I whisper, “I was so fucking scared. I thought, please God don’t let anything happen to him.”

 

 

 

I hold him tightly, never wanting to let go.

 

 

 

TBC...