- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Lindsay stops by Brian’s office for a little chat, but the conversation doesn’t go as she expected…

 

 

Title: Just Kiss Me…

Story Type: AU

Warnings: Love, Passion, Romance, Angst, Anti-Michael…

Beta Queen: BigJ52

Banner: Predec2

 

 

 

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

 

Summary: Brian and Justin’s journey of love…

 

Chapter Summary: Lindsay stops by Brian’s office for a little chat, but the conversation doesn’t go as she expected…

 

 

Chapter Eleven ~ No Good Bye Kiss?

 

“How much this time?”

 

 

 

 

“Brian, do you think that’s the only reason I visit you at work? After all we have a son together.”

 

“Lindsay! I haven’t seen you since Justin and I announced we got married in Hawaii.”

 

“About that, Brian. Michael’s very upset with all the changes you’re going through. He feels left out, and lonely. He’s missing you, and your friendship.”

 

“Really? I hadn’t noticed!”

 

“Brian, this is very hard for him to accept, it’s like he’s lost.”

 

“I’m not the center of his universe! He has a husband, or he used to anyways. Is Ben still in the picture?”

 

“He’s in Los Angeles, interviewing for a professorship at UCLA.”

 

“Good for him!”

 

“No! It’s not! I mean it’s not good for Michael. If Ben gets offered this position he’ll be moving to California.”

 

“California sounds better than Pennsylvania. Surfing verses snow shoveling. Yep, sounds better to me.”

 

“But Michael doesn’t want to move across the country. He did that with David and he was so homesick, it ruined his relationship.”

 

“Oh, come on! I don’t think that’s what ruined his relationship with David, and you know it.”

 

“Speaking of moving, Mel and I are thinking about moving to Toronto.”

 

“No!”

 

“What do you mean no?”

 

“No, I won’t allow you to take my son and move to another country, and no, I won’t bankroll your endeavor. So basically, no!”

 

“But Brian…”

 

“Lindsay, why do you want to move to Toronto?”

 

“We want to feel safe.”

 

“How about I buy you a security system for the house?”

 

“Brian!”

 

 

 

 

“Have you even thought this through? Do you have jobs lined up? Where are you planning to live? You know the real estate market is down, so you won’t make much profit on your house. And I assume that you don’t have any savings, because you’re always asking me for money.”

 

“Well…”

 

“That’s what I thought.”

 

“But Brian, someone bombed Babylon.”

 

“Yes, and someone bashed Justin in the head. Bad things happen to good people, and they happen everywhere. Moving isn’t the solution.”

 

Silence…

 

Brian stands ready to escort her to the door.

 

“Well, now that I’m working fulltime, and Gus is in daycare all day long, it’s more expensive. So yes, you’re right, I do need a little help with that.”

 

“What about JR? Is Michael paying for her daycare?”

 

“Brian, you know he isn’t. He can’t afford to pay child support.”

 

“When you two decided to have another child, did you even consider how expensive it would be, and figure out a new budget? Or did you just decide to get pregnant and assume that I’d foot the bill?”

 

“Brian, you said you’d always help out with Gus’s expenses.”

 

“You know, if you had decided to choose me to be JR’s father it would be different.”

 

“You know I wanted you to be JR’s father, but Mel was totally against it.”

 

“Tell me. Why is it that Michael gets to keep his parental rights, and pay nothing towards her care and I don’t have my parental rights, and pay everything for Gus’s care, as well as JR? I’m pretty sure I’m also supporting you and Mel, or at least your house’s upkeep.”

 

“Brian, we appreciate everything you’ve done for us, we really do.”

 

“Yet you still have your hand out, asking for more. Seriously, if you did move to Canada would you be self-sufficient?”

 

“It was just a thought, but I can see now that it’s a foolish idea. So let’s forget about it.”

 

“Okay, but about the parental rights thing. I want my rights restored, and I want a visitation schedule. He’s old enough now to be spending time with me on a regular basis.”

 

“I don’t think Mel will agree to anything like that.”

 

“Why not? She has no problem taking my money.”

 


“Brian…”

 

“I know Justin wants to spend more time with Gus, so why doesn’t he pick him up from daycare and spend the afternoons with him. That should cut his daycare expenses in half, problem solved and you don’t need to ask me for any more money now.”

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know… I didn’t expect this conversation to turn out like this…”

 

“Talk it over with your husband. It will be more expensive if we get the courts involved.”

 

“You wouldn’t!”

 

“I want to be treated the same way, and have the same rights and obligations as Michael.”

 

“Brian, this is so unexpected. Maybe you should think this through.”

 

“Justin and I have talked this over and we want to be equal parents to Gus.”

 

“But you’re not Gus’s parents! You signed your rights away!”

 

“Go home, Lindsay. Make a budget, a visitation schedule, and start making a plan for supporting yourself.”

 

 

 

 

“Michael’s right, you really have changed!”

 

“Yeah! I’ve grown up, just like you’ve been telling me to do!”

 

Lindsay stands and tries to hug Brian good bye, but he steps out of her way.

 

“What? No good bye kiss?”

 

TBC…