- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter Summary: Brian wins a big account thanks to Ted. Michael evades capture, while Lindsay isn’t so lucky.

Title: Just Kiss Me
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 3691
Warnings: Love, Passion, Romance, Angst, Anti-Michael…
Beta Queen: BigJ52
Banner: Predec2

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Summary: Brian and Justin’s journey of love…

Chapter Summary: Brian wins a big account thanks to Ted. Michael evades capture, while Lindsay isn’t so lucky.


Just Kiss Me…

Chapter Twenty Eight ~ Butterfly Kisses

Brian pulls up to the gate thinking it really does make the property look grand. He clicks the remote control and the tall wrought iron gate slowly opens. Once the gate and fence were constructed, Justin insisted that the driveway be upgraded from concrete to brick pavers. They’ve continued with brick paver walkways around the house and throughout the property, creating winding paths and the perfect border for their new gardens. They’re in the process of having the landscaping at the gate, along the fence and around the house redesigned to complement the existing landscaping. They even put in formal gardens down by the large pond and near the gazebo.

Brian walks along the new walkway towards the house, inspecting the new flowerbeds, admiring the climbing rose trellises. He’s pleased with all the changes, finally admitting to himself that Justin was right. They needed to upgrade the gardens to complement the grandeur of the mansion. He stops to pick a cluster of pink roses for Justin when he notices that he’s being followed by a duck. He’s surprised, as he doesn’t remember any ducks frequenting the property. Besides, it’s not like the ducks that swim in the river at the park. This one is larger and pure white, just like in the fairytales he reads to Gus.





Brian turns and stares at the duck, who stares back at him. Then he continues walking up to the front door. Turning around he realizes that the duck is still following him. He frowns, wondering what the hell is going on.

“Justin! Justin, there’s a duck on the front porch!”

Gus comes running when he hears Brian’s voice. “Daddy! You’re home!”

“Hey there, Sonny Boy!”

He reaches down and picks Gus up, kissing his forehead.

“Daddy, did you see the duck?”

“I did.”

“You can’t feed him.”

“Trust me. I have no intention of feeding him.”

“Good, ‘cause I already did.”

“What! Justin!”

“Brian, what are you yelling about? I’m making dinner.”

“Daddy just met Mr. Quackers.”

“Mr. Quackers? Justin, what’s this all about?”

“Oh Brian, calm down. It’s not like he’s going to live in the house.”

“Yeah, daddy. He lives at the pond with his family.”

“His family? Justin!”

“Brian, I’m right here. Please stop yelling my name.”

“Daddy, we couldn’t leave his family behind. We had to bring all of them home with us.”

“Where did they come from?”

Gus happily tells him, “Old McDonald.”

“McDonalds farm, just down the road.”

Gus starts singing…

Old MACDONALD had a farm
E-I-E-I-O
And on his farm he had a duck
E-I-E-I-O
With a quack quack here
And a quack quack there
Here a quack, there a quack
Everywhere a quack quack
Old MacDonald had a farm
E-I-E-I-O

Justin can’t help laughing, even Brian smirks as Gus dances around the kitchen singing. Brian hands Justin the small bunch of rosebuds he picked for him out front. Justin finds a small vase and sets them in the middle of the table. He turns and pulls Brian into a kiss, showing him how much he loves them. Justin suggests Brian start the charcoal for the barbeque, while he slides the vegetables into the oven and opens a bottle of wine. Afterwards they go sit down by the pond and enjoy a glass of merlot.





“See, daddy, we have a mama and four babies too. But the babies won’t turn completely white until they grow up.”

Brian hates to admit they’re pretty cute, and Gus seems really happy about the addition to their family. He grins as Gus climbs up into his lap and they sit watching them swim around the pond. He’s surprised how his life has changed over this last year. He’d always thought he’d never be a family man, scoffing at the idea of coming home to a husband after a long day at the office. But there’s nothing he likes more than knowing they’re waiting for him at the end of the day.

He leans over and kisses Justin.

“Do you know how much I love you?”

Justin’s sunshine smile breaks out on his face. He’s always amazed by Brian’s declarations of love. He had always hoped that one day he and Brian would have this type of relationship. But he never thought they’d be here so soon. It’s like once he admitted his feelings for Justin, and stopped feeling like he had to uphold some image that Michael and Lindsay expected of him, he relaxed and let his emotions take over.

“Daddy, can I go swimming in the pond with the ducks”

“No, Gus. But you can go swimming in the pool, but not tonight. How about when I’m working from home at the end of the week? After your nap we can practice your swimming together before your next lesson.”

Gus seems happy with that solution and goes to the pond’s edge to watch the ducklings swimming around.

Brian motions for Justin to come sit on his lap.

“Thank God you got padded cushions for these Adirondack chairs. I hated how uncomfortable they were, always digging into me when we sat together.”

“Did you just call me fat?”

“No. Never, although you do have ample padding.”

“Brian!”

“I simply said that these chairs may be retro and stylish, but they’re stiff and uncomfortable as all hell.”

“I like them and the arms are nice and wide, perfect for setting my art supplies on when I draw.”

Gus jumps up to chase a butterfly. “Look, daddy, isn’t it beautiful?”

Seeing Gus this happy and innocent, he wonders if he was ever like that. It’s highly doubtful…

~~~

Michael’s waiting out back of an old theater, hoping the show ends soon and he’ll be able to talk with Divina Devore. He found a shelter that provides weekly showers, and a hot meal for homeless men. He bought some clean clothes at the Salvation Army store. He wants to look his best before he catches up with his father.

“Ms. Devore. I’m Michael. Do you remember me?”

Divina looks Michael over, wondering if he is a trick he once slept with.

“I’m sorry, but no, I don’t.”

“I’m Michael. We met in Pittsburgh a couple of years ago.”

Divina smiles, even though he doesn’t remember him. He’s flattered, and he’s never been one to dismiss a fan.

“Well, Michael. How did you enjoy the show tonight?”

He looks to see if Michael wants him to sign the show’s program.

“Did you want my autograph?”

“No, no. It’s me, Michael! You know, Michael Novotny!”

Divina just stares at him…

“I’m Debbie’s son. Debbie Novotny!”

“I don’t know any Debbie Novotny.”

Michael’s becoming irritated. “Yes, you do. Remember Vic’s sister! Debbie!”

“Oh, you mean Debbie Grassi.”

“Yes! But it’s Debbie Novotny now!”

“How is Debbie? She’s not sick, is she?”

“No, she’s not sick!”

“Thank goodness. So, what can I do you for, Michael?”

“Listen. I know who you are!”

“I see… So, what is it that you want from me, Michael?”

“You’re my father! I never had a father growing up!”

“What about your stepfather, Mr. Novotny?”

“What? Who? There is no Mr. Novotny! That was all a lie! You abandoned her, and she made up that stupid lie!”

“I didn’t know. She never told me she was pregnant. I just found out about you when she came to see me in Pittsburgh a few years ago.”

“She… She lied to me! And I grew up having nothing!”

“Do you want money?”

Michael’s fuming, thinking you’re damn right, I want money! You abandoned me and my mother! You owe me!

“No, of course not. I just thought that we should get to know one another.”

Stunned, Divina takes a deep breath, wondering what he really wants.

“I don’t live here in LA, Michael; I’m staying at a friend’s house. I’m only in town through the weekend. Maybe we can have coffee before I leave town.”

“How about now? You can buy me a late dinner.”

Divina hesitates, but thinks maybe he only wants to talk. I at least owe him that much, and what’s one dinner?

“Alright…”

~~~

“Is he asleep?”

“Yes. He could barely keep his eyes open after the first few pages.”

“Which one? Cinderella?”

“Is there any other?”

Brian scrunches up his face, feigning disgust.

“Don’t make that face. You know a child’s sexuality is determined before the age of five.”

“Thanks for the public service announcement, Princess.”

Justin sticks his tongue out at Brian.

“I can think of better uses for your tongue.”

Justin bats his eyes at Brian while running his hand down his body. Then he realizes what Brian is doing.

“You’re packing?”

“Justin…”

“I wish you weren’t going out of town tomorrow. I hate it when you’re not here.”

“Hey, it’s just overnight.”

“I hate sleeping alone.”

“Ted and I are meeting with AT&T tomorrow afternoon, and then we’re going out to dinner. We’ll be back in less than twenty-four hours.”

“Wow! That would be a huge coup, signing with them.”

“Yeah. Well, I have to pay for all of your landscaping and remodeling projects somehow.”

“Mine? Buying the old Flamingo Hotel was your idea.”

“I bought it for you, and it’s being renovated into an artist community.”

“Have I told you how much I love you?”

“I’ll let you show me how much you me as soon as I finish packing. Now stop pouting.”

“I guess Gus and I will survive without you.”

“Justin. I don’t want him sleeping in our bed.”

“It’s just one night.”

“You know it took us two weeks to get him to sleep in his own room. I don’t want to go through that again. I only want to sleep with you.”

“I think you want to do more than just sleep.”

Brian turns, looking at him with his predatory smile, and then he pounces on him, nailing him to the bed.

Squirming, Justin cries, “Brian, no. No, don’t!”

Brian pulls back and looks deeply into his eyes.

“Brian, why did you stop?”

“You’re such a princess!”

Brian dives back down, planting deep passionate kisses all over Justin’s lips, tickling his neck and shoulders, driving him crazy with need.

Justin’s panting, arching his back and moaning as he feels Brian lips bringing all his desires to the surface.

“You’re such a horny little boy.”

Justin’s no longer able to speak, endorphins are flooding his system as he feels Brian’s hand slipping under his t-shirt. He pulls it up just far enough to give him access to Justin’s nipples, then he licks and sucks on his tender nubs.

“Aaah…”

His tongue continues gliding down his chest and stomach as the buttons on his 501’s pop open, then Brian’s tongue continues down to his growing manhood.

“Mmm…”

His tongue circles around his plump crown, and then swishes across his slit, tasting his sweet and salty juices. Justin’s arching his back again, as Brian encompasses him, running his lips down his shaft. Soon he’s pumping his lips up and down, taking him deeper down his throat on each thrust. Brian’s other hand slips between his legs and finds his sweet pucker. Using his saliva, he coats his opening, then slips his finger in, circling around and fluttering it across his prostate. Justin’s loud moans fill the air, just as his jizz fills Brian’s mouth. Brian swallows his sweet cream, and then removes his lips with a pop. Climbing back up his body he kisses him tenderly, letting him taste his own essence.

Justin’s floating in a sexual haze, barely conscious until Brian gets up to finish packing. He whimpers from the loss of contact, wanting more. He can never get enough of his talented husband. Several minutes later Justin opens his eyes, watching Brian meticulously folding his clothes as he organizes everything in his suitcase.

“Welcome back to earth, Sunshine.”

Justin grins, as he continues watching Brian, trying not to pout, knowing he’s going to miss him even if it is only for one night.

“So… I talked with Mel this afternoon.”

Justin groans, and then waits to hear what’s going on with her.

“She wants to take the kids with her to Florida next week.”

“She’s still going, even though her and Lindsay are separated?”

“Especially because her and Lindsay are separated. Lindsay’s been hounding her, leaving her messages at home, and stopping by the law office, insisting on seeing her. She’s even come by Kinnetik threatening Sarah our receptionist, trying to push her way into see me. Ted had to calm her down, and walk her out of the building, telling her she needs to go through her lawyer if she wants to contact us.”

“Has she followed the court order to seek professional help?”

“Not that I’m aware of, and we haven’t heard anything from our attorney or the court system.”

“You don’t think she’s dangerous, do you?”

“I wouldn’t think so, but she has been acting strange lately.”

“I was contacted by Gus’s old daycare, saying that she was there shouting, and insisting she take Gus home with her. She didn’t believe that he wasn’t there until they allowed her to walk through and see for herself.”

“Brian, do you think she’ll obey the restraining order and stay away from Gus?”

“I kind of hope not. Maybe a stay behind bars might help her understand that we’re serious.”

“I wish she’d just disappear, like Michael.”

“We can only hope.”

~~~

Danny (Divina) gets up and looks at a sleeping Michael on the sofa. He kicks himself for allowing Michael to stay with him. They agreed it would only be one night, yet he’s still here three days later. Looking around he’s annoyed that the place is a wreck, and Michael has been eating everything in sight. He made it clear that Michael wasn’t to disturb anything, and be gone the next afternoon.

He felt guilty after listening to Michael. He made it sound like he was neglected growing up, because Debbie had to work double shifts to make ends meet. He’s sick of Michael whining and complaining about his life, now he’s just plain angry and wants Michael out. Danny plans to leave the next day for his gig in Reno, and now he has to clean up after Michael, replacing everything he’s eaten. He hesitates for a moment before he goes into the bedroom and calls Debbie. He’s had enough and wonders if she knows what Michael’s up to.

~~~

Brian wanted to wake Justin for a little morning delight before he left, but he looks so peaceful sleeping. Besides he knows that Gus will be in soon enough to wake him up, wanting his breakfast. So he leaves just as the sun is breaking over the city and drives into Pittsburgh. He stops at Kinnetik to review his presentation and the story boards one last time with Ted as they wait for the car service.

~~~

Michael wakes up as he hears the front door opening, seeing Danny returning from the grocery store.

“Thank God. I’m starving and there’s nothing to eat.”

Danny glares at him, as he bites his tongue before he says anything he’ll regret.

“I’ll get a shower while you make me breakfast. I’d like two eggs over easy with bacon, whole wheat toast and a large glass of orange juice. I hope you got the fresh squeezed. I hate the concentrated kind, it’s so watery.”

Danny shakes his head. Unbelievable.

~~~

It’s still early morning. Lindsay tried Brian at the office but Cynthia told her he wasn’t in. She decided to drive out to Britin. After she weasels the address out of Debbie, by lying, telling her that Gus has a doctor’s appointment and Justin isn’t answering his phone. This is her first time visiting Britin. Her jaw drops as she drives through the neighborhood, while her jealousy builds, wishing this was her life. She pulls up at the address and is surprised that there’s a tall beautiful wrought iron gate preventing her from entering.

She sits in the car for a few minutes contemplating her options. She sees men working, laying pavers off to the side of the property, while others are planting ornamental trees and shrubs. She stands in front of the gate yelling and waving her arms, trying to get someone’s attention. Then she moves down along the fence until she’s in their direct line of vision, finally making herself noticed. As the landscape contractor gets closer she can hear him yelling at her.





“Get out of the garden. You’re crushing the flowers where you’re standing!”

Ignoring him completely she says, “Could you please open the gate? I forgot my key when I left.”

“Nice try, lady, but you need a remote control, or you can use the keypad to open the gate. Besides we’ve been working here for months and I’ve never seen you before. I suggest that you call Mr. Kinney and let him know that you’re here for a visit.”

Justin is sitting out back sketching, while Gus is playing in the yard. He tenses up when he’s told that someone is trying to get through the gate. After hearing the description, he has no doubt who’s at the front gate. He hesitates and then asks the gardener to please watch Gus for a moment while he talks with Lindsay. He doesn’t want to upset Gus who has never once asked about his mother, or why she went away.

“Justin. I’ve been standing out here for ten minutes! Please let me in. I need to talk with Brian right away.”

“He’s out of town on business, Lindsay. How did you find out where we’re living?”

“Deb told me. She thinks it’s outrageous that you’re hiding Gus from me. A child belongs with his mother. Now may I please see him?”

“Lindsay. I’m just following the judge’s orders and you know that. You need to go through your attorney to make arrangements to see Gus, if the court approves your visit.”

“Justin, don’t be this way.”

“I don’t believe that the restraining order has been lifted, therefore I suggest you leave before you’re arrested for violating it.”

“How dare you treat me like this? I’m his mother! You think you’re all high and mighty, hiding behind your garden gates. I deserve to be living here in this mansion. This should all be mine. If you never came along, Brian would have given all this to me. He needs me to take care of him, not you!”

Justin stands there looking at her like she’s completely lost her mind. She’s still ranting when the police pull up and one officer comes up behind her, and places her in handcuffs reading her rights to her.

“You can’t treat me this way! I have rights! You’ll be hearing from my lawyer! I just want my baby back!”

~~~

At the exact same time as Lindsay’s arrest at Britin, a police car arrives to arrest Michael. After Danny spoke with Debbie, Carl called the local police and alerted them to Michael’s outstanding arrest warrant. They were more than happy to assist in Michael’s arrest, especially because it was the second call they received that morning requesting someone come to the house concerning Michael’s behavior.

Michael hears talking in the living room, and steps out of the shower for a moment. He eavesdrops for a minute, then sneaks into the bedroom to look out the window. Seeing a police car in the driveway, he quickly dries off and grabs some clothes from the closet. He sees a duffel bag in the back and grabs it and starts pushing in as many clothes as he can fit. As he rushes to the window he sees a large jewelry box and shoves that into the duffel bag as well. Then he makes his escape through the window, eluding capture.

~~~

Brian slaps Ted on the back as they walk out of the upscale restaurant in downtown Dallas. He’s amazed that in just a weeks’ time they’ve wrangled the AT&T advertising contract from one of New York’s biggest firms. Ted came into his office last week praising AT&T, telling Brian about the new phone, satellite and internet services Blake switched to at home. At first Brian was just humoring Ted as he ignored him, nodding as he rambled on and on. Then it sunk in how excited Ted was about the new technology and he wondered why he hadn’t seen any major advertising about it.

That was all it took for Brian to make a few phone calls and charm the VP of marketing into hearing his pitch for a new advertising campaign. Of course, the art department wasn’t thrilled, as Brian hovered and critiqued each and every change to the story boards until they met with his approval.

Sure, he has won a few big accounts over the last year, but AT&T… this is huge. Kinnetik was now truly making a name for itself in the advertising world. They’re no longer a small boutique firm. They were now playing in the big leagues. Ted is glowing from all the praise that Brian is bestowing on him, saying that he deserves a huge signing bonus, then insisting that Ted take a long overdue vacation with Blake, compliments of Kinnetik.

Brian is so excited about celebrating the good news, that he charters a small plane to return to Pittsburgh as soon as possible. In the wee hours of the morning Brian takes the stairs two at a time as he rushes to tell Justin the news. He enters their bedroom and is surprised to find the bed empty. Puzzled for a moment, he then walks down to Gus’s room and finds the two of them sound asleep. Justin’s still holding the Cinderella fairytale in his hand.

He wriggles the book out and sits it on the nightstand. Leaning down, he slides his arms under Justin as Justin snuggles closer to him. He scoops him up and carries a sleeping Sunshine back to their bedroom. Then he starts giving Justin butterfly kisses all over his face, gently waking him up.

TBC…


To be continued.
7Wildwaysup is the author of 89 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 20 members. Members who liked Just Kiss Me… also liked 574 other stories.