- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Justin finds Brian home early from work, slightly drunk, and feeling emotional…

 

 

Title: Just Kiss Me…
Story Type: AU
Warnings: Love, Passion, Romance, Angst, Anti-Michael…
Beta Queen: BigJ52

Banner: Predec2

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

 

Summary: Brian and Justin’s journey of love…

 

Chapter Summary: Justin finds Brian home early from work, slightly drunk, and feeling emotional…

 

 

Whiskey Kisses…

 

Justin spent the morning with his mom helping her plan Molly’s birthday party. Then he headed to Kinnetik to see if Brian wanted to have lunch together. Ted tells him he that Brian left the office shortly after Deb’s visit.

 

Entering the house he wonders what he’ll find. Brian’s just staring out the window, with a drink in his hand and a half empty bottle of Beam next to him.

 

 

“Hey, I didn’t expect you home so early.”

 

Silence…

 

Of course that was a lie…

 

Justin hates that just a short conversation with Deb can make him feel insecure and unworthy. He runs his hands down Brian’s back, and leans his head on his shoulder, holding him from behind.

 

“Looks like spring might come early this year.”

 

Brian nods, seeing that the daffodils are poking up out of the soil. Justin planted two hundred bulbs under the old maple tree out front, just before the snow fell. That may sound like a lot of flowers, but their yard is huge, so it won’t really look like that many when they’re in bloom. His mind wanders to the bright yellow flowers and it reminds him of Justin’s hair, bleached out and glowing in the Hawaiian sunset.

 

Justin takes his hand and leads him over to the sofa, where Brian lies down with his head in Justin’s lap, his hand carding through his hair. There was a time when Brian would feel melancholy like this, and he’d head straight to the baths. But he’s finally figured out that what he really needs is to be held and to feel loved. Justin knows Brian will tell him once he’s ready, and until then he’ll just be there for him, letting him know that he loves him.

 

Brian shakes his head slightly. “For years they told me to grow, that I was too old to continue to party like a teenager.”

 

He shifts, sitting next to Justin so he can look into his eyes. “Then when I do, they don’t like that I’m not the same asshole I used to be.”

 

 

 

“It doesn’t matter what they think.”

 

“Why can’t Michael just accept me for who I am?”

 

 “You can’t let Michael try to control how you feel.”

 

“It’s like he wants me to always be Brian Fucking Kinney, whore of Liberty Avenue.”

 

“I think he just feels threatened. Things aren’t the way he always wished they’d be.”

 

“They never will be! Why can’t he accept that I love you? That you’re my husband!”

 

“Michael’s always lived in a fantasy world, and he’s always expected you to be his superhero.”

 

“I’m not Rage! I never was!”

 

“I know, but he’s never been able to see the real you. He only sees what he wants to.”

 

“But you did. You saw the real me right from the beginning. You called me on all my bullshit every time. Instead of running away, you ran head-on, straight into me, challenging me.”

 

“I knew the moment I saw you under the streetlamp, that you were the one I was meant to share my life with.”

 

“You always were a smart little fucker!”

 

“I know it’s not easy having Michael try to manipulate you, and Deb chastise you. But part of growing up is standing up for yourself, and not backing down. I’m so proud of you, and we’ll get through this together.”

 

“I know… but I feel like I’m losing the only friends and family I’ve ever had.”

 

“Nonsense! You have me. I’ll always be here for you. You know that, right?”

 

“If Michael and Deb can’t accept who you’ve become, then maybe it’s time to give them some space. Either they’ll come around, or they won’t. But don’t let them push you into being someone that no longer exists.”

 

“I’m so lucky you found me, and that you love me. You’ve helped me grow into the man you always saw in me.”

 

“I love you too, and I always will…

 

TBC…