- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Before meeting Em for lunch Justin and Deb have it out in the diner…

 

 

Title: Just Kiss Me…
Story Type: AU
Warnings: Love, Passion, Romance, Angst, Anti-Michael…
Beta Queen: BigJ52

Banner: Predec2

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

 

Summary: Brian and Justin’s journey of love…

 

Chapter Summary: Before meeting Em for lunch Justin and Deb have it out in the diner…

 

Chapter Ten ~ Plum Sauce Kisses…

 

“Oh, well look who’s here?”

 

“Morning, Deb!”

 

“Don’t Morning, Deb me! Why haven’t I seen you or your husband in the last month? He always has coffee here with the boys before breakfast, but I haven’t seen him since I stopped by to see him at Kinnetik.”

 

“We live out in the country, Deb. It’s a long drive into town, and the traffic’s a bitch in the morning.”

 

“Well… He hasn’t been in for lunch either, and Michael’s really starting to freak out. Even if they are angry with each other, Michael always knew he’d see Brian here.”

 

“I don’t know, Deb. You need to ask him, not me.”

 

“Michael comes and sits in their booth for hours, reading comics, hoping Brian will show up.”

 

“Maybe Brian’s waiting for an apology?”

 

“An apology? From Michael? He’s not the one who started this whole thing.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“By starting this whole thing, you mean marrying me?”

 

“I mean by freezing Michael out of his life!”

 

“Maybe he’s had enough of the Woe is me, Brian hurt my feelings? Besides, who wants to spend time with someone who’s resentful, angry and bitter at the world because he’s not the center of Brian’s life?”

 

“How dare you! Maybe it would be better if you stopped coming in here too!”

 

“As you wish!”

 

Justin spots Emmett outside so he heads out. They can have lunch at the Chinese Palace down the block. Michael sees the two of them walk across the street and wonders why they aren’t having lunch at the diner.

 

“I just saw Justin leaving. Did he say anything about Brian? Did Brian ask about me and how I’m doing? Does Brian miss me?”

 

Deb reflects on Justin’s words, and as much as she hated hearing it, she knows there’s a ring of truth in them. But she also knows that Michael isn’t strong enough to hear it right now.

 

“Oh, he just stopped in for a lemon bar. You know how much he loves them.

 

Justin hates feeling stressed and fighting with Deb, she really pushed his buttons today. So he ends up ordering Pot Stickers, Moo Shu Pork, and Spicy Szechuan Chicken.

 

“Are you ordering lunch for Brian, too?”

 

“It’s this thing with Deb and Michael. I hate the way they’re acting.”

 

“I totally understand. But it’s not worth gaining twenty pounds over, although knowing your metabolism it will probably all go to your bubble butt.”

 

“I guess you’re right. I’ll take the leftovers to Brian for lunch.”

 

“You know you’re not the only one who’s struggling with the Michael issue. He’s been pestering Ted every day at work, trying to get in to see Brian. Apparently Ben’s had enough, because he told Michael if it doesn’t stop, he thinks they need to take a break for a while.”

 

“Wow! I didn’t know things were going so poorly for them.”

 

“Oh, it’s even worse than that. Michael has been so depressed, that some days he doesn’t even open the shop. If he doesn’t make a profit soon, Teddy told him he’ll have to close the shop, or he’ll have to declare bankruptcy.”

 

“Oh shit!”

 

“That’s the reason he’s so desperate to see Brian, not to apologize, but to ask for a handout.”

 

“That’s not going to happen. Brian gave him $5000 last fall, but told him that was it. If he couldn’t keep the store afloat, then he’d have to sell it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Teddy says, with the internet there’s not enough customers. He’s never made much money as it is, and Brian’s always helped pay his bills. Teddy advised Brian that he couldn’t afford to throw his money away on a failed business.”

 

“God! That’s just what Brian needs, more stress.”

 

“Oh my, look at the time. I have to go, I’m meeting a client. So, I’ll order Molly’s birthday cake for Saturday. Are you sure she’s too old for a Princess party?”

 

“Em, she’s thirteen, and her favorite color is black. My mom is starting to freak out. Apparently I was an angel compared to Molly.”

 

“You still are, so go spread your wings and comfort your bad-ass husband.”

 

And so he does help cheer up his husband, alternating bites of Chinese food with deep passionate kisses. Soon the takeout is forgotten and Justin becomes his afternoon delight.

 

TBC…