- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The fallout after visiting the loft, where everyone needs to come to terms with everything that’s happened…


Title: Just Kiss Me
Story Type: AU
Word Count: 3777
Warnings: Love, Passion, Romance, Angst, Anti-Michael…
Beta Queen: BigJ52
Banner: Predec2

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

Summary: Brian and Justin’s journey of love…

Chapter Summary: The fallout after visiting the loft, where everyone needs to come to terms with everything that’s happened…


Just Kiss Me…

Chapter Twenty Six ~ Confounding Kisses…

When we get home we’re both quiet and somber. I insisted on going to the loft. I wouldn’t listen to Brian or his reasoning, and now I know I should have. I know he was just trying to protect me, but I refused to heed his warning and now we’re both regretting it. Brian already has a drink in his hand, so I give him some space and start dinner.

I’m sitting at the kitchen table looking out the window, Brian’s sitting in the living room staring at his third tumbler of Jack Daniels. I come and sit on the arm of the sofa, and run my hand down his arm. He’s startled as he looks up at me.

“Hey, are you alright?”

“Yeah, no, not really.”

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have pushed you.”

“It’s not that… I should have put a stop to it years ago.”

“You can’t blame yourself, you had no way of knowing that Michael would lose his mind.”

“No. But I could have told him to stop all his pining. That I didn’t love him and that it was never going to happen between us.”

I don’t say anything, because he’s right, he should have.

“I’m sorry I ignored the way he treated you. I never should have ignored it, letting him get away with it.”

“You’re right. You should have done something.”

I’m sorry but I can’t tell him that it’s okay, because it wasn’t. Michael was an asshole, and he treated me like shit.

“I saw the way he was acting, but I discounted it. I thought he’d get over it. Then after a while it just became, ‘Oh that’s just Mikey. He’s acting like a jealous housewife again.’

“He was jealous, everyone knew he was in love with you. They thought he was a fool, and he was blind, thinking no one else knew how he felt.”

“I know… But why couldn’t he see that I was falling in love with you?”

“Everyone could see it except you, and that fed Michael’s obsession with you, and his hatred of me.”

“I thought that once Ben came on the scene, and they got together, that he’d get over me.”

“You’d think he would have, especially once they got married. But he didn’t, he never gave up on his dream. It was like Ben was just a way of passing time. Honestly I don’t know how Ben put up with him for so long.”

“This is all my fault, and you can be sure Debbie blames me.”

“Well, yes. I’m sure she does, but she’s wrong. It’s nobody’s fault but Michael’s.”

“Once we got back together, and started calling each other partners, he should have realized that we were serious.”

“Which time was that?”

Justin leans over and kisses him, pushing Brian down onto the sofa.



“Every time!”

Brian runs his hands through Justin’s hair, and their lips meet brushing against each other. Their kiss becomes passionate, and all the stress of the afternoon dissolves away. Brian’s hands roam under Justin’s shirt and slips it over his head. Justin starts unbuttoning Brian’s shirt and soon they’re both naked and panting, needing each other’s touch.

Justin moans as Brian’s lips move across his skin, and his hands wander across his back, over his round bottom and down to his rosebud. Justin becomes even more eager as Brian teases his hole, practically falling off the sofa to open the drawer of the coffee table for the lube. Brian swats his ass and commands him to turn around and face the wall.

Climbing up behind him, Brian leans him over the back of the sofa, pushing his legs farther apart and coats his pucker with the cool gel. Justin arches his back, leaning his head on Brian’s shoulder to sneak a kiss, as Brian aligns himself and slides deep into Justin’s ravine.

“Oh God, yes!”

“You feel so tight, so good.”

Justin pushes back and Brian glides in farther. He holds onto Justin’s waist and starts pumping his hips. They’re both moaning, loving the vibrations as they start to build. Justin grips the back of the sofa, holding on tight as Brian increases his thrusts. Brian rests his head between Justin’s shoulder blades, running kisses across the back of his neck, sending shivers throughout his body.

He picks up his rhythm and shifts his angle, so he’s slamming into Justin with abandon. They’re both getting lost in the intense sensations that are quaking through their limbs. Brian wraps his arms around Justin as he feels his body tremble. They both shake with pleasure, as they tumble over the edge together. They ride out the last waves of their orgasm. Then Justin collapses back against Brian’s chest.

“Oh God, Brian! You’re amazing!”

“It’s true. I am!”

~~~

Once they’ve returned to earth, Justin’s stomach growls. After Brian cleans them up, they find their way to the kitchen. Brian opens a bottle of wine and pours them each a glass, while Justin sets the table. Brian grins when he sees that Justin made them a big Caesar Salad, topped with grilled chicken, and a loaf of sourdough French bread.

“I didn’t really feel like cooking. I was so worried about everything.”

“That’s good. I really don’t need all those carbs. Especially after all those rich meals we indulged in while in New York.”

“I think we worked most of them off in the bedroom.”

“And on the sofa, the bathroom counter, the railing of the balcony, in front of the fireplace.”

“Okay, at that rate we should have lost weight.”

They both burst out laughing, remembering how Justin even let Brian fuck him in the bathroom at MOMA.

“God. I’m so glad we didn’t get caught.”

“Oh, you think the curator wasn’t wise to our antics? He just didn’t say anything, because he was too busy fawning all over you once he realized that he saw one of your paintings in the Bloom Gallery.”

“Well, still we need to be more careful.”

“Aw, Sunshine. You know how much I love having sex in public places.”

“Yes! I do, you sex fiend.”

“Admit it. You love it when I have my way with you, knowing others might hear or interrupt us.”

“Well… Maybe…”

~~~

The next morning Brian showers, shaves and leaves Justin a cup of coffee on the nightstand before kissing him good bye. As he walks out of the bedroom he tells him to get up, the contractor will be there in an hour. Justin, of course, drifts back off to sleep, only to be woken up an hour and a half later by the pounding on the front door. He stumbles down the stairs, trying to remember who Brian said was coming, and why they were there.

He smooths his hair down with his hands, as he pulls his shirt on, then opens the door.

“Mr. Kinney?”

“Yes.”

“I’m John Johnson, from Johnson’s Steel and Iron works.”

“What? Steel and Iron Works? What are we doing now?”

“Your husband hired us to install fencing around your property.”

“The property? The whole property?”

“Yes Sir, it wouldn’t really do any good to install security fencing, and not surround the whole property.”

“We have twenty acres.”

“Yes, that’s what the work order says. I’m going to have my men find the property markers, and then walk the perimeter to see if they’re any obstacles or obstructions that need to be removed.”

“That’s going to be a really big fence.”

“Yes. That’s what your husband wants, a strong security fence. I have some examples of wrought iron fencing for you to choose from, and of course we have matching gates that will give your property a grand entrance.”

“Okay. Feel free to go ahead and measure, or walk around, or whatever it is you need to do. I’m going to put some coffee on and look over the designs.”

Justin takes the book of designs, starts the coffee and calls Brian.

“Brian. We’re getting a wrought iron fence around the whole property?”

“Yes, Sunshine. I want the property to be totally secure and safe. I don’t want anyone being able to walk up to the house. The security company wouldn’t be out until next week to go over surveillance systems.”

“So we’re turning Britin into a fortress?”

“I don’t want to have to worry about our security.”

“This is going to cost a fortune.”

“Fortresses aren’t cheap.”

“How long is this going to take?”

“Hopefully only a few weeks, maybe a month.”

“Did we talk about this?”

“If I said yes, would you believe me?”

“So they’re going to be dozens of workmen here for weeks on end?”

“Hmmm… I might have to start working from home to oversee the project.”

“No doubt…”

“Brian, are you sure we can afford to do this? You just put an offer on the old Flamingo Motel.”

“Yes, Dear. I’m a very successful businessman.”



~~~

“I can’t believe Deb is insisting we come to dinner tonight.”

“I can’t believe that Michael wore my lingerie, and $600 a pair stilettos! That totally kills all those fantasies of mine, and it’s making me sick to my stomach.”

“I know. That’s why I didn’t want to tell you about it.”

“Then why did you?”

“Because you threatened to withhold sex until I told you.”

“I know! But still, you never should have told me. Now I can’t get that image out of my head.”

“Well, at least I didn’t let you watch the videos.”

“Thank God!”

“As I recall, you were also threatening to castrate me at one point.”

“I’m sorry about that. You know I’d never do something like that.”

“I don’t know, you get pretty excited when you’re mad. You might become another Lorena Bobbitt.”

“No. I’m too much of a whore to actually do it. Besides I love your cock. I’d probably just cripple or maim you.”

“That’s reassuring.”

“Now tell me how I’m I supposed to stay calm and well behaved with Michael in the same room. I want to kill him so badly.”

“I’ll hold him down and you can practise your maiming skills.”

“Don’t think I won’t. Can we please just skip Deb’s and go someplace else? How about that new Asian fusion place?”

“That does sound good, but she insisted that we come to dinner. I guess she’s really sorry about how she reacted and wants to make it up to us.”

“Do you think we can get her to castrate him? That would be entertaining and make me feel better.”

“We can ask.”

Brian’s POV

We get there and the atmosphere is weird. Deb’s not talking to Carl, and it’s so bad that he actually leaves the house. The girls seem to be fighting about who knows what. Emmett is playing mother hen, pampering Debbie as she just sits there and cries.



Ted looks as uncomfortable as we’re feeling…

“So, will someone please tell us what’s going on?”

“They put an APB out on Michael and revoked his bail.”

“They never should have let him out on bail to begin after what he did.”

“Brian, please! Debbie feels bad enough as it is already.”

“I’m sorry but I refuse to sit here and be part of the ‘Oh, I feel so bad for Michael’ drama.”

“What? This actually surprises you? He’s never owned up to, or taken responsibility for anything in his life!”

“Brian!”

Mel’s had her head down reading a stack of papers the whole time we’ve been here, and I’m beginning to wish I had brought some of my own paperwork. It would be just like study hall way back when we were in school.

Justin’s in the kitchen trying to salvage what’s left of dinner, but I’m pretty sure it’s a hopeless cause. Mel finally sets the stack of papers down and looks at Debbie, showing her some compassion.

“Debbie. What I don’t understand is why you didn’t call Jim Reeves? I gave you his phone number.”

“His phone was busy, and when he did answer he said he couldn’t see me until later that afternoon. I just didn’t want Michael to have to sit in jail any longer than he had to.”

“But Barney’s Bail Bonds? He’s the worst in the business. Why didn’t you have me read through the contract before you signed over the deeds to both yours and Carl’s houses?”

“He was already there at the courthouse, and he seemed like a nice guy.”

Mel looks like she’s going to pull her hair out. “He practically lives at the courthouse, he’s a bottom feeder trolling for business.”

“But you can talk to him, right? Carl said he’d just pay the penalty and withdraw the funds from his 401K.”

“It’s not that easy, Deb. You signed a contract without reading the fine print.”

“I started to, but I didn’t understand all that mumbo jumbo. Besides, I never thought that Michael would just run away like this.”

Mel just shakes her head, unsure what she can do to help Debbie.

“I don’t understand why he won’t accept the cash and return our deeds to the houses.”

“Because he’s a shyster. He preys on the vulnerable, counting on them to break the contract.”

“But, if we just gave him the money, we’d be able to keep our houses.”

“I’m sorry, but it’s not that simple.”

“But if Michael comes back, then everything will be okay. Right?”

“No, Deb. It states in the fine print that if Michael fails to show up for his court date, or skips town, you forfeit your collateral.”

“What does that mean?”

“It means that you no longer own your homes.”

“And this eviction notice is legal? We only have two weeks to move out?”

“I’m afraid so.”

“But, can’t we sue him?”

“You can. But you won’t win, and it will just cost you more money you don’t have.”

She puts her head down and starts crying again.



“But this is all we have. Carl and I have worked our whole lives to pay off our houses, and now they’re just gone?”

“Look what I found? A bottle of wine. Let’s all have a drink.”

Yeah, Emmett found it at the store, along with the other half dozen bottles he bought.

Justin pulls Brian aside. “Isn’t there something you can do to fix this?”

“I’m not a lawyer, Justin, and as much as I hate to admit it, Mel’s a damn good attorney. So I’m pretty sure she’s spot-on with her opinion on all this.”

“But there must be something you can do?”

Brian motions to Ted, and they both slip out the back door.

An hour later, after they’ve all had several glasses of wine, Deb’s tears have stopped, but she’s still hurting and Carl hasn’t returned. Brian and Ted return with enough Chinese food to feed the neighborhood.

“Who’s hungry?”

They all gather around the table with chopsticks in hand, and proceed to eat right out of the cartons, passing the containers around. Emmett, always the gracious hostess, keeps refilling everyone’s wine glasses, and removing the empty cartons, keeping the table tidy.

Brian takes a deep breath. “So, Deb… Just hear me out before you go off on me.”

“I bought the loft next to mine. At one point I was planning on expanding, but I’ve changed my mind. I was going to sell both lofts, but I’ve decided to keep them.”

“Brian. I’m so happy you’ve cornered the real estate market in Pittsburgh, but I have other things I need to focus on right now.”

“Would you please listen to me? The new loft hasn’t been remodeled in decades, and it doesn’t have a large open space like mine. But it has three bedrooms, although one is rather small, but perfect for when the kids spend the night. It has a large kitchen and living room, with a small den off to the side.”

“Brian. Carl and I can’t take on a new mortgage. Besides we couldn’t afford anything in that price range.”

“That’s good. Because it’s not for sale, or rent. Consider it my wedding present to the both of you.”

“What? No. We couldn’t. Besides, we’re not getting married.”

“Why not?”

“Why not? Which question?”

“Why not get married? I hear it’s the latest trend. After all Justin and I got married.”

“Well… I…”

“You’ve been wearing that diamond ring for two years, Deb, and same-sex marriage is now legal.”

“But, Carl hasn’t asked me.”

“I’m pretty sure he did. Maybe now it’s time you asked him.”

“You can’t just give us an apartment.”

“Why not? My accountant says I can afford it.”

Emmett squeals. “It’s perfect, Deb! Now all that’s left is for me to find a place to live.”

“Well seeing how the two of you are inseparable this these days, I figured that you can move into my loft, then you’ll only be a few feet away from each other.”

“Oh, Brian! I’m like Deb. I could never afford the mortgage on the loft.”

“Your catering business seems to be doing fabulous these days, so I’m sure we can work something out. And as your business continues to grow, we’ll adjust the payments as we go.”

All of a sudden Brian finds himself surrounded by everyone, all weeping and thanking him.

“Moist! Please, stop! You’re ruining my clothes!”

They all back off, except Justin who’s in his arms crying like a baby.

“Oh, Brian! This is just the sweetest thing you’ve ever done!”

“Oh? Really?”

“Well no. Not really. But it’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done for someone other than me.”

“That’s better.”

“I love you, Brian. You never fail to surprise me.”

Emmett’s back. “I love you too, Brian!”

“Don’t touch me, Honeycutt, and no more tears!”

“Hey! That’s my line.”

The next couple of weeks went by in a whirlwind. Brian hired contractors to upgrade the kitchen and bathrooms, and paint both Deb and Emmett’s new apartments. Justin was so happy that Brian was going out of his way to take care of everyone, well almost everyone. Lindsay quickly became jealous. She wanted a makeover at her house too, and she made her feelings well known. After all his son had to live in that house with a dated interior and old paint.

“Brian, I don’t understand why not. You gave Debbie and Emmett new apartments. You promoted Ted to Vice-president, and you bought Justin a motel! I deserve something!”

“Maybe you should reread that financial statement from our court hearing. You’ll see that I’ve already more than compensated you generously.”

“That’s different! Our relationship is different! You’ve always cared about me more than the others.”

“No. That’s not true. I care about all of you. Besides it’s not a competition.”

She pouts, hoping she can get him to change his mind.

“Oh, stop pouting, and be happy for once.”

“I’m not pouting!”

“So Justin said that Sydney sold all three of his paintings. Isn’t that great?”

Lindsay tries to not let her anger show. “I’m sure it was just a fluke. He has a long way to go before he’ll ever get any notice or recognition.”

“That’s not what Sydney said. He’s already asked Justin to drop off a half dozen more paintings, and he’s arranging for Justin to have a solo show this summer.”

Lindsay’s literally standing there with her mouth hanging open, speechless.

“Look at the time. I have to go.”

She rushes out of Brian’s office, not wanting him to see her cry. She’s been keeping up the facade of still working at the gallery, but she won’t be able to keep it up much longer. Meanwhile she’s more than doubled up on her Prozac, while refusing to see her therapist. After all there really isn’t anything wrong with her, she’s just moody.

~~~

Over the last few weeks Michael made his way across the country, frequenting truck stops, and hitch-hiking when he couldn’t compete with the younger hustlers. He’s had his share of rejects and insults, being told he needed to improve his technique. One guy actually refused to pay him, saying his wife gave better head than him. And the last straw was when he got roughed up, and left with broken ribs and a black eye.

It was at that time that he decided that he’d go back to Ben and tell him he made a big mistake. He’s sure by now that Ben will be missing him, and he’ll welcome him back with open arms. He can’t even remember why he didn’t want to move to Los Angeles in the first place. It’s nice and sunny, and he’s ready to start over, with three thousand miles between him and Pittsburgh.

He knocks on Ben’s door hoping that he’s home.

“Can I help you?”

“Who are you?”

I’m Trevor. I live here.”

“Oh. I’m Michael. Ben’s husband.”

“You mean ex-husband.”

“Were still married, and I’m sure we’ll work everything out.”

“Ah ha…”

“Where’s Ben?”

“He teaches class until 4:00 pm.”

“And Hunter?”

“He’s also out, working.”

“Where? Bussing tables at some greasy spoon?”

“Hunter is a fulltime student at UCLA, studying to be a social worker. He works part time with Health and Human Services, lecturing high schoolers on safe sex, and living with HIV.”

“Oh. Too bad he never got that lecture.”

Michael can’t help snickering, thinking that was funny.

“I’ll just wait for Ben, if you don’t mind.”

“Actually I was just leaving. Maybe you can give me your number and I’ll have Ben call you.”

“I just got into town, so I’ll wait here. You can go along and do whatever you need to do.”

“How about you wait at the diner one block over. Ben usually gets home about 5:30 or 6:00.”

“Listen!”

“No. You listen. I’m not letting you in my house. I don’t trust you. I’ve heard all about what a head case you are.”

“Fuck you! You don’t know anything about me!”

“I know enough not to let you into my house.”

“Don’t you mean Ben’s house?”

“Both our names are on the lease.”

“Hey, you look familiar. Have we met before?”

“Yes. I was at your open house, and last year’s Christmas party. Ben and I were colleagues at Carnegie Mellon.”

“So you just happen to run into each other here in Los Angeles?”

“No. Not exactly.”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you really that dumb?”

“Ha?”

“After watching you run after Brian, Ben finally came to his senses, and my bed.”

Michael just stands there in shock. He looks bewildered and confused, unsure what to do, or where to go…

TBC…