- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Michael cries on Debbie’s shoulder, sending her to scold Brian for treating him badly…

 

 

Title: Just Kiss Me…
Story Type: AU
Warnings: Love, Passion, Romance, Angst, Anti-Michael…
Beta Queen: BigJ52

Banner: Predec2

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, plot, etc. are property of their respective owners, including, but not limited to Russell T. Davies, Cowlip, and Showtime. The author of this story is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended…

 

Summary: Brian and Justin’s journey of love…

 

Chapter Summary: Michael cries on Debbie’s shoulder, sending her to scold Brian for treating him badly…

 

Kiss Off!

 

“Brian, Mrs. Novotny is here to see you.”

 

“Deb, what a surprise.”

 

“Cut the bullshit, Brian. I want to know why you’re treating Michael like this.”

 

“This?”

 

“He’s really upset. He’s all mopey and crying all the time. It’s starting to affect his relationship with Ben.”

 

“So you expect me to fix Michael’s problems?”

 

“You’re damn right I do! I don’t know what happened, but it’s time to make up and apologize.”

 

“Make up and apologize! You’re damn right you don’t know what happened!”

 

“I’m not the one who should be apologizing. Did he even tell you what he said? Why must you always assume I’m the one who’s responsible?”

 

“Oh? And just what did Michael do that was so bad, that you’ve frozen him out of your life.”

 

“He opened his big mouth and spewed nasty comments about my husband. It’s not my fault that he acts childish and refuses to grow up!”

 

“He just needs time to accept all these changes. I’m sure he didn’t mean anything by what he said.”

 

“You need to take your blinders off! Michael’s not the doe-eyed, innocent little boy you think he is, he never has been. Besides he’s thirty-five years old! Isn’t it time Mommy stopped bandaging his wounds?”

 

“After everything we’ve done for you! This is how you repay us?”

 

“I appreciate that you were there for me when my father beat the shit out of me. I really am. But how long must I be indebted to you? And does that really excuse Michael’s behavior?”

 

“Brian, he’s always had feelings for you, and seeing you married is hard for him to accept.” 

 

“As I recall, he’s also married! And if all of his juvenile pining is creating friction between him and Ben, that’s not my fault!”

 

“Brian, can’t you see he’s hurting?”

 

“Can’t you see your coddling him is reinforcing his behavior? It’s allowing him to remain a child instead of growing up and becoming a man, and accepting responsibilities for his actions.”

 

“Well, I never! How can you say that?”

 

“I love you, Deb. But open your eyes, for Christ sake.”

 

“So you’re not going to apologize?”

 

“No apologies! No regrets! Remember!”

 

“You really are an asshole!”

 

“And this is a surprise to you?”

 

“You’ll regret this someday! You’ll need him and he won’t be there! Don’t turn your back on him, he’s your best friend.”

 

“No, Justin is…”

 

TBC…