- Text Size +

It was Thursday night and Brian and Justin were finishing up dinner at the loft. They had both been very busy with Kinnetik the last month, and because of that they hadn't been able to see Gus very much. Things had calmed down and they were planning to ask the girls if they could have the boy for the weekend. They had been discussing things they wanted to do with him when the phone rang. Justin went to answer it while Brian cleared the table and loaded the dishwasher.

 

"Calm down, Lindsay, you're talking so fast I can't understand you." Justin almost shouted into the phone, unable to understand her excited speech.

 

Thinking something had happened to Gus, Brian grabbed the phone. Brian was used to understanding the blonde woman when she got excited and quickly figured out what she was saying.

 

"Have him packed and ready, we'll be there in ten minutes."

 

Brian grabbed the car keys and they headed to the jeep.

 

"What the hell was she saying, Brian?" Justin asked as they headed to the girls' house.

 

"A spot opened up at the conference Melanie wanted to go to, and she and Lindsay have to be at the airport in an hour. They need us to take Gus for a week."

 

"A whole week? That's great, I've missed having him around. I know he's your son Brian, but I like to think of him as mine too."

 

"Well, he certainly does eat like you, and he leaves his crap all over, like you, so I guess maybe he's yours too," Brian answered with a smirk.

 

Justin loved Brian with all his heart, and he was sure Brian loved him too, although his partner had never said the words. He also loved the man's son as if he was his own child. He had a special bond with the boy who called him ‘My Jus'.

 

Brian did love Justin, even if he had never said it out loud. He did know that the blond wanted the words, he just wasn't sure he was ready to say them.

 

Pulling up to the house they saw Gus watching out the window. The boy had a smile as big as Justin's when he saw them park the Jeep. Throwing open the door, Gus stepped onto the porch.

 

"Dad, My Jus, I get to stay with you for a whole week," he yelled excitedly as Justin picked him up and hugged him as he carried him back inside.

 

"Where are your mothers?" Brian asked, not seeing either of them.

 

"They're packing. They said I could wait down here for you to come. My suitcase is ready," Gus announced.

 

Hearing the men downstairs, Lindsay came out of the bedroom. "Hey guys, thanks for doing this, sorry about the short notice."

 

"No problem, we were about to call and ask if we could have him for a few days anyway. Have a great trip. Do you need a ride to the airport?" Brian asked.

 

"No thanks, we called a car. You boys have a great week," Lindsay answered as she headed back to finish packing.

 

Once they got to the loft Gus was too wound up to sleep and asked if they could watch a movie. Brian looked at Justin who shrugged and asked Gus what he wanted to watch.

 

"The Princess Bride. It's my favorite now. It has giants, and swordfights, and horses, and heroes, and lots more good stuff. I brought it with me, cause you don't have it." The boy answered.

 

"I'll fix the popcorn and get the juice," Justin announced.

 

"And I'll try not to gag," Brian mumbled. Earning him a glare from his partner.

 

Gus sat transfixed by the movie. Justin enjoyed the love story, smiling at Wesley's besotted expression as he looked at Buttercup. Even Brian seemed to be enjoying the movie. It wasn't as sappy as he had imagined it would be.

 

Brian got up to get another drink, asking if Justin wanted anything.

 

"A bottle of water, please."

 

"As you wish," Brian answered.

 

Hearing that, Justin whipped his head around, and saw a shy smile on his lover's face. Brian had just told him that he loved him. Brian knew that Justin had understood him when he saw the tears running down the blond's face as he set the bottle of water down in front of him on the coffee table.

 

"As you wish," he said again as he held the blond's face and kissed him sweetly. A longer celebration would have to wait until Gus was sleeping. For now, he just held his blond, knowing he had made him very happy.

 

The End.
Lorie is the author of 40 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked As You Wish also liked 130 other stories.