- Text Size +

Light filtered through the large picture windows in the living room gently waking the men.  Opening his eyes as he adjusted to the brightness, it took a moment to gather his bearings.  He was in Brian's loft.  They'd talked last night and he remembered the painting.  Looking at the wall, there it was with his name obviously adorning the right hand corner.  He was an artist and Brian was going to take him to his studio.  Maybe that will bring even more memories.  I really don't enjoy the 20 questions any more than Brian does. 

 

Snuggling into Brian's arms, he lay quietly as he allowed his mind to drift, taking his thoughts wherever they might lead.  He remembered the almost discussion they had started yesterday about the gun and Chris Hobbes.  Brian had promised to talk about that, but they never got an opportunity once he discovered the painting.  He filed the information in his head and made a note to talk to Brian about it this morning.  Needing to go to the bathroom, he extradited himself from Brian's arms and walked to the bathroom. 

 

After finishing, he decided he didn't want to disturb Brian; therefore, he gathered his sweats off the floor and went to the living area.  He went to the fridge hoping there was some food as he heard his stomach growl, but the only thing in it was left over Chinese and some Guava juice.  Searching the cabinets, he found some Oreos and decided they would do for now.  Making some coffee, he poured himself a cup and took a handful of Oreos and sat at the island to eat his make shift breakfast. 

 

As he ate his breakfast, he saw visions of himself in the loft with Brian.  He saw him dancing with Brian's music player and head phones on.  He remembered that Brian had come in and yelled at him that it was his shirt he was wearing. He remembered taking Daphne on a tour and Brian yelling at him that this was not the White House. He smiled at that memory. He saw Brian working at his computer, the back light from the computer screen illuminating his face as it was the only light in the room. He saw himself working on a computer with his hand cramping.  He saw them eating dinner together as well as him cooking in the kitchen.  But most of the memories were of them having sex. He could look at almost any space in the loft and see the two of them deep in the throes of passion.  It wasn't a wonder that Brian and he had already done it three times since yesterday. 

 

Brian had told him the truth, not that he expected anything less from him.  Brian was always honest, or Brian's version of honesty.  Brian wasn't always honest with his own feelings and he was remembering Brian's reluctance had resulted in many hurt feelings through the years.  He remembered their lovemaking, and that was what he would call it from yesterday and realized that not only were he and Brian together but this ‘new' Brian was admitting his feelings without the awkwardness that he had felt for many years.  It warmed him from the inside out. 

 

Brian Kinney really did loveeeeeee him. ‘I want you safe.' Brian had said those words, but he couldn't remember the context. Brian brought him here instead of leaving him in New York, ‘to be safe'.  Brian admitted yesterday that he had a studio in New York, but if he and Brian were together, why did he have a studio in New York. So many unanswered questions, but still ‘Brian loves me'-  he's here and that is the most important piece of my memory that I have recovered.

 

He was smiling at that memory as well when Brian came out of the bedroom, hair everywhere and rubbing the sleep from his eyes like a 10 year old.  He was adorable, but Justin knew enough to not point that fact out.  It would not go over well and he was still dependent on Brian for many things at this point. 

 

"Good morning," Justin said as Brian walked into the kitchen and poured himself some coffee.

 

After several deep inhalations of the coffee and sips from the mug, Brian grumbled, "Morning."  He finished his mug of coffee and poured a second one before acknowledging Justin's presence again.  Mid way through the second cup, he opened the fridge and frowned at the lack of food in there. 

 

"It's empty.  I helped myself to some Oreos.  Guess those are mine.  But I could really use some real food.  I'm starving."

 

Brian smiled.  "Some things never change and your growling stomach is one of them.  Come on, let's get dressed and go get some food before you blow away in the wind,"  Brian said tongue in cheek as he went over to Justin and pulled his hand to help him stand and lead the way to their bedroom.

 

Justin's stomach took that moment to let its hunger known and both men laughed.  "Told you I was hungry."

 

"I believed you.  Now come on, we should shower before we leave.  I stink and I do believe you have a strong odor of spunk about you as well."

 

They showered and gave each other hand jobs.  The inability to keep their hands away from each other's bodies had not lessened in the eight years they had been together and now that Justin remembered that Brian and he were together, their bodies' pull toward each other was as strong as ever.  After their shower, they dressed and left the loft for breakfast.

 

"Can we go somewhere besides the diner?  I want to talk some more and I don't want Debbie around," Justin said as he walked toward the Vette.

 

"Sure.  I know just the place."  Brian unlocked the doors and then drove to a small neighborhood diner a few miles from his home.  "Here we are.  Far enough away from Liberty Avenue to be anonymous."

 

He and Justin found a booth at the back of the diner away from other patrons.  They looked at the menu and ordered, neither man saying anything until the mundane task was completed.

 

"You sleep okay?  You weren't in bed when I got up?"

 

"I was thinking," Justin said as he played with the salt shaker.

 

Brian waited for Justin to continue. There were too many landmines in their life right now to venture into more unknown territory.

 

"Painting , Gus, Stockwell, us, the prom, and Rage.  Lots of memories, but there are still so many I'm missing.

 

Even though they were not on Liberty Avenue, Brian reached out for Justin's hand, giving it a squeeze.  "You've remembered a lot in just a short period of time.  I'm sure they will come back."

 

"We're together," Justin blurted out, not able to contain himself any longer.

 

Unwilling to take anything at face value, Brian casually answered.  "It appears that we are sitting together in a booth about to eat breakfast."

 

"No.  I mean together."  Justin took his finger and pointed back and forth between the two of them.  "I mean we are together, as in a couple."  Justin smiled at the word, hoping that the ‘new Brian' didn't bristle at the mention of relationships.

 

Brian beamed at the realization and breakthrough.  "Yes.  We are."

 

Justin bounced in his seat.  "How long?  Does everybody know or just us?"

 

The waitress brought the coffee and poured a fresh cup for Brian.  She refilled Justin's soda. Brian took two sugars and emptied the packets into his cup and then poured some cream into the cup. He was thrilled at the break through and wanted to grab Justin and take him into the bathroom, truly marking him as his, but since they were in a breeder diner, he couldn't be so brazen.  He settled for the biggest smile he could produce.  "Unlike you, I do not count the months, days and hours, but it's been a while.  And yes, everybody knows that I claim Justin Taylor as by partner."

 

 Justin smiled his famous Sunshine smile and Brian felt his soul warm.  Justin, the man he loved more than life itself was remembering the most important thing in his world.  He remembered that they were together.  Brian didn't care if Justin never remembered anything else, as long as he remembered them, everything else would be okay.

 

"Since I don't remember everything about our partnership, I think it fitting that we return to the loft after we eat and we celebrate our union."

 

Laughing at Justin's playfulness and seeing for the first time, the man who cracked his façade, Brian said, "If I didn't think your stomach would complain all day, I would say screw the food and let's leave now.  But... I know your stomach and I do not want to hear your complain so we'll wait till we eat to celebrate."

 

The waitress brought their food shortly and both men ate with gusto. 

 

After realizing that he and Brian were together, a burden had been lifted, but he still wanted answers, especially to his dreams.  Brian had promised they would talk about the gun and he better do it now.  If his memories served him well, he and Brian might not come up for air for a long time. 

 

 "You promised me we could talk about Chris," Justin said.  He saw the color go out of Brian's face and knew he hit a nerve.  "Brian," he asked nervously.

 

Brian drank some water, thankful that he had something to occupy his hands even if only for a few moments. "What do you want to know?"

 

"You said we were together at the time, but you didn't know if I really did what I said."  Justin decided that talking about putting a gun in someone's mouth was not a good option in a public place. "Want to share?"

 

It is too fucking early to be having these kind of talks, but truth be told I would always say it was too fucking something.  "Look Justin, I don't put you on a leash, never have, never will.  You were acting out your anger when you hung out with Cody.  We never talked about the Prom or probably not to the extent that we should have.  Cody gave you an out, a way to deal with your feelings that I did not.  If you saw that in your dream or visions or whatever you want to call it, I imagine it actually happened."  Brian looked around to see if anyone was paying attention and was glad that they had chosen a secluded table in the back.   "Everything else you have remembered happened, so I can't see why this memory isn't real."

 

Justin returned to his food for a few moments taking in Brian's explanation.  Justin said, "That is really fucked." 

 

Brian nodded and continued to eat his egg white omelet.  Silently he wondered what the next set of questions would entail, but he would wait for Justin to lead this show.

 

"Thank you."

 

"For what?"

 

"For being honest."

 

"I always am."

 

"I know." Justin finished his waffles and drank his milk. "I guess I should call my mom.  Don't want her interrupting anything."

 

"I talked to mother Taylor last night.  We can go there later and get you some clothes."

 

Justin heard the statement and was surprised.  "You and my mom...."

 

Brian smiled and nodded his head.

 

"Ok.  Maybe I'll have those memories soon too." Justin said softly as he tried to figure the puzzle  of this new relationship between his mom and Brian.  He watched as Brian nodded his head in agreement.  "Speaking of memories.... If we are together, why is my studio in New York?

 

 

TBC