- Text Size +

 

 

"What the fuck, Lindsay?  There is a buzzer for a reason."   Brian quickly pulled up Justin's sweats and pushed him to the couch.

 

"Hi Daddy.  Hi Justin.  Mommy and me were at The Center and I wanted to see you.  We didn't get to paint last time I was here and you promised," Gus said as he rushed in before Lindsay could warn them.

 

"Sorry," Linsday mouthed silently.

 

Brian and Justin stared daggers at her, but after looking at Gus who didn't appear to have seen anything, their anger lessened a little.

 

"Gus, it looks like Daddy and Justin were busy.  Why don't we come back another time?"

 

"I want to paint, now."  He ran over to Justin, lunging at him and giving him a huge hug.  "I love to paint with my Justin and he promised."

 

Justin hugged Gus back and looked at Brian for guidance.  Brian didn't say a word, leaving it up to Justin. 

 

"Okay, buddy.  Painting it is.  Let's go make some masterpieces."  Justin stood up, leaving Lindsay and Brian in the living room.  He and Gus walked toward the corner where Justin had a fold up easel stored and he reached toward the shelf in the closet to pull down the paints.  He didn't have to think where the items were located and he was happy for the return of those memories as well.

 

 

"I'm sorry.  Gus was so insistent; I'd forgotten that you said he didn't remember he was an artist," Lindsay said as she shrugged slightly.

 

 Brian gave her an incredulous look, not believing her words for a minute.  Lindsay's manipulations were far too many to ignore, but since she was the mother of his son and he did want Gus in his life, he frequently reminded himself to take any and all actions with an examination of her motives, those spoken and unspoken, and act accordingly. Today, her actions were to discern how significant Justin's limitations were and to figure out how to turn them into her advantage.  Brian didn't trust her motives and her appearance here solidified his suspicions. 

 

"Look at them painting in the corner.  It's just like it was the last time he visited.  I'm sure he's thrilled.  When is he returning to New York?" She smiled, the question appearing innocent and unpretentious, realizing the return of his memory would mean he would be leaving sooner rather than later. "I'm sure he's anxious to get back and paint."

 

"Yes, he has remembered he's an artist.  I'm sure he will enjoy creating something with Gus.  Now, why don't you go do whatever it is you do and leave Gus here?  We'll bring him back after dinner," Brian said as he walked toward the sliding door.  Opening the door, he practically pushed Lindsay out.  "And next time, use the buzzer."

 

"Okay," she said as she blushed slightly, recognizing that she could have walked in on far worse.  "That is what bedrooms are for," she said in way of reminding Brian.

 

"And couches, and chairs, and islands, and .... ," he said as he closed the door, not allowing her a retort.

 

Justin split his attention to mixing some paints for Gus and listening to the conversation between Lindsay and Brian.  He got a fresh sheet of paper out for Gus and hung it on the easel and put an old button down shirt over his clothes before handing him the brush. 

 

"Why don't you paint a new picture?  I'm going to talk to your Daddy for a minute, but I'll be right back."  Justin smiled and patted his shoulder before he walked over to Brian and gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

 

"I don't think he saw anything.  That would have been hard to explain," Justin whispered, careful not to talk loudly in Gus' presence.

 

"Lindsay can be a real cunt sometimes.  I could have been deep in your ass and you know when I'm there, I tend to forget everything else."  Brian made a large grin as he looked at Justin.

 

"You say the sweetest things," Justin said as he blushed a little.

 

"Amazing I can still make you blush, but regardless, it appears we didn't scar the young boy for life.  I think that deadbolt we were discussing at your last visit needs to become a reality.  Especially if you're coming back here."

 

"So I can come back?"  Justin asked excitedly.

 

Brian shook his head, and tilted it toward Gus.  "We haven't finished our discussion, but now's not the time.  You have a budding artist to attend to and I have a deadbolt to order."  Brian placed his hand on Justin's back and aimed him toward Gus, but not before he kissed his forehead lightly. 

 

"You really have been working hard.  Do you want to be an artist when you grow up?"  Gus had painted one of the apples from the bowl on the island.  Justin was pleased to see his talent; Lindsay's artistic talent was obviously passed on to his her son.

 

"I want to be just like you and Daddy when I grow up.  I'm going to paint pretty pictures and sell them to everyone," Gus announced.  "And I'm going to be really rich and buy all the desserts I want."  Gus got a dreamy look in his eyes as he continued.  "And you know what else I'm going do?  I'm going to have a big house and a jet and lots of cool clothes and a Kinect and my own computer, and..."

 

"Woah, Sonny boy.  Let's finish first grade before you wish you plan your whole life.  You've got plenty of time to buy stuff."

 

"Coming from the king of acquisitions, that is priceless," Justin said.

 

"What is acqui....?"

 

"Acquisitions are things you buy and your father likes to buy many things."

 

"Oh.  Okay.  I love to shop for toys.  Tell you what Daddy, as soon as I finish painting, you and I can go buy some new acquisitions," Gus added enthusiastically.  He was proud he could say the new word.

 

"Not so fast, little man." Both men laughed at his eagerness. "I think you have plenty of toys for now.  After you finish painting, maybe we'll go down to the park and kick the soccer ball and if you want, we can go to the diner to see Grandma Debbie."

 

"Okay," Gus said a little disappointed.  "Can I get a shake when I go the diner?  She makes me the best shakes in all the world."

 

"Are you sure he is not your child?  He sure eats like he inherited your genes?" Brian said as he teased his partner.  Turning toward Gus, he said, "I think that can be arranged.  Now go wash up and I'll find your soccer ball."

 

Justin helped Gus clean up his art tools and left the paper on the easel to dry.  Gus hung up the painting shirt and looked around the art area for the first time.

 

"Justin, where are your paintings?  I like the rainbow one you were making last time."

 

"I finished it and gave it to your mom for the GLC.  I think it's in the day care.  Did you like that one?"  Justin said as he realized he remembered the painting and didn't have to pull the information from his brain.  He fluffed Gus' hair.  "Hey, Brian.  Your son wants to know where the pretty rainbow picture I was painting went.  I think you may have a budding artist.  Can you inherit traits by osmosis?" he asked as he yelled toward Brian who was in the kitchen area.

 

Brian grinned but didn't respond to the comment.

 

"It had pretty colors, but I wouldn't want it for my room. Can you paint me a picture for my room?"

 

"Sure, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to do it.  What kind of picture do you want?  A car, a spaceship?  A soccer ball?"

 

Gus thought for a few minutes, putting his thumb to his teeth, looking just like a miniature Brian.  Justin smiled at the familiar pose and hoped he would see it more often.  Brian watched his two favorite people in the whole world interact and realized he would love for Justin to move back but he wasn't sure it was the right thing to do. 

 

"Can you make all three?  That would be a cool picture."

 

"I'll make a sketch of it for you and then you can see if you like what I come up with?  How about that buddy?"  Justin ruffled his hair again, thrilled to be asked to paint something personal for Gus.

 

"Daddy, Justin's gonna paint a picture for my room.  Do you think Mommy and Momma will let him paint the wall instead?  That would be so cool.  All my friends would be jealous.  I would have all the cool stuff.  Maybe he could paint me in the picture.  I could be a race car driver or an astronaut.  I could race my car on the moon.  That would be awesome."  Gus stared into space for a few minutes thinking of another future, but then piped in.  "Nope, I want to be rich and buy all the desserts I want.  Let's go to the soccer park.  Maybe I'll be a famous soccer player and the crowds cheer me everywhere I go."  Gus picked up the soccer ball and walked toward the door.

 

Justin and Brian shook their heads and laughed.

 

"He's your kid," Justin said.  "Soon he'll want to play soccer dressed in Armani.  Does Armani make athletic clothes?"

 

"He's more your kid.  All he wants to do is eat desserts." 

 

They gave each other a quick kiss on the lips and followed Gus to the park.  They enjoyed an hour at the park and Justin had his ever present sketch book out as Brian and Gus kicked the ball around.  Gus walked over to Justin when they were done and turned so he could see what he was drawing.

 

"That's me and Daddy.  I like it when you're with Daddy.  He's sad when you're not here."  Gus sat down on the bench, and took a drink from his water bottle.

 

"Really?  Why is he sad?  How do you know he's sad?"  Justin put down his sketch pad on the bench and turned toward Gus, giving him his full attention.

"He doesn't smile, well not much and when he does smile, it's only a little smile, like he's pretendin.  But when you're here, he smiles all the time and he and I go do lots of cool stuff."

 

Both men were a little surprised at Gus' statement, but Justin saw Brian nodding his head in agreement.  Brian stood next to the bench and held the soccer ball in his hands.  Gus watched them and was happy they seemed to agree with his statement. 

 

"Justin, will you come stay with my Daddy?  We could paint all the time.  It would be so cool."  Gus gave him a hug, looking up into Justin's eyes.

 

"It would be nice to be here and see you and your Daddy more, but I'd have to talk to your Daddy about it."  Justin enjoyed the warm feeling from the hug, even if Gus was a little sweaty.  Hugs from Gus were so different than hugs from Brian and he realized again how much he was missing by living in New York.

 

Gus let go of Justin and sat a few inches away so he could see Justin's face.  He looked at his dad for help, but sensed his father wouldn't be adding any words of wisdom to what Justin said.  He hit his thighs softly, an effort to calm his worry.

 

"Why would you need to talk?  That's silly.  You want Daddy happy and I know you like painting with me.  You always say you miss us when you're in New York.  Daddy says you paint in New York and that's why you have to be there, but you paint when I'm here.  Why can't you paint your pretty pictures here?"

 

Brian had been intently listening to the conversation.  Seems Justin had a co-conspirator who also wanted him to return to Pittsburgh.  Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how he viewed the situation, this wasn't the time or place to talk about the situation. He dropped the ball and dribbled it with his feet, his soccer skills immediately kicking in.

 

"I seem to remember someone wanting a milkshake.  Let's say we all go to see Grandma Debbie.  I bet she can make you a big shake and I bet Justin would like a big ole cheeseburger and some fries too."

 

"Can I have a cheeseburger and fries too, Daddy?  Soccer makes me hungry.  Aren't you hungry?"

 

"I guess I am a little hungry.  Maybe I could eat a turkey sandwich or a salad."

 

"You know Daddy, you eat funny.  Like my moms.  Why don't you eat like Justin or Uncle Mikey?  I've never seen you eat a burger.  Don't you like burgers?  They're the best."

 

"Right, Gus.  They are the best, but you're Dad likes to watch what he eats.  Burgers and shakes aren't healthy and when you get to be your Dad's age, you have to watch what you eat," Justin said, tongue in cheek.  Justin liked teasing Brian about his age, but knew he was on thin ground as it was with the bombshell he'd dropped earlier today.  He knew he was safe in his teasing with Gus around, but he knew Brian didn't forget and he was probably in for more punishment with his last remark.  His cock tightened a little in his pants as he thought of the spanking he started to receive before Gus and Lindsay interrupted them.

 

Brian noticed the little blush as Justin mentioned eating and gave Justin a once over as he licked his lips anticipating eating one of his favorite treats.  Gus was too young to catch their innuendo, so Brian decided to have a little fun.

 

"I have to watch everything that goes in my mouth. I don't eat burgers, but I do love meat.  But, I have a particular fondness for cream filled treats." 

 

Justin blushed.  He knew what Brian was saying, but had to be careful around Gus.

 

"You must be very careful what you put in your body.  Your Daddy does love meat, a lot. It's one of his favorite foods."

 

"You guys are goofy."  Gus looked between his father and Justin and frowned. He watched as his dad dribbled the ball between his feet but managed to not have it move very far from the bench that he and Justin were sitting on and he hoped that one day he'd be that good.

 

"Dad I've never seen you eat anything cream filled.  Now Justin loves Oreo's and they have the best cream.  I love to lick the middle and then eat the cookies."  He pretended to eat an Oreo, twisting his fingers and then sticking his tongue out to lick the imaginary cookie.   "Isn't the cream the very best, Justin?  I love the pretty colored ones they got in the store.  There's every color of the rainbow.   I know, Justin, you could make a picture with all the Oreo's.  Wouldn't that be neat?  Hang it in the diner since its food.  I bet Grandma Debbie would let you do that.  They got pictures on the wall.  I'll ask her."

 

"Oreos are my favorite cookie and I agree the colored ones are cool.  I don't think I want to paint a picture of Oreos but thanks for the suggestion.  All this talk of cookies and food has me really hungry.  Let's go back to the car and go to the diner."

 

 "You'll pay for that," he mouthed silently to Justin. Brian stopped dribbling the ball and picked it up.  "Time to feed the starving young men of Pittsburgh.  Evidently the world isn't safe until you've each had your Oreos."

 

"Daddy,  can we pick up some Oreos at the store?  Since Justin doesn't want to paint a picture, maybe I could."

 

"We'll see.  We have to get you home soon, but maybe next time you visit."

 

"Yah.  Maybe I can get the colored ones and glue them on some paper.  Justin, will you help me make the picture?"

 

"Sure Gus.  Now I think we better stop with the Oreo talk.  I think your Daddy is getting tired of visions of cream filled cookies."

 

"Okay."  Gus got in the car and looked out the window as he they drove to the diner.

 

TBC